• Pros

• "Tagging and OCR was good. Support was awesome. The searching and indexing features were helpful and the user interface took time to get used to but had no problems. "

• "Its simplicity and ease of use. If you have used other document review software you will find this easy to pick up with minimal training. "

• "The ability to work from home if need be. The remote desktop is user friendly and very forgiving. Sage is a good program."

• Cons

• "Sometimes while at work we lose connection but that is most likely our connection. Other than that all works well."

• "It's fairly basic. It lacks the more advanced features in the base package. You can add on features such as predictive coding for an additional cost."

• "Not able to change or customize folder structure after loading. Does not have advanced TAR-Predictive Coding option."

Browse CloudNine Reviews

Incredible Product

Incredible support team

Pros

I am a heavy user of LAW PreDiscovery, the endless things that can be done in this product.

Cons

I really don’t have anything that I dislike about them!

Bradette from Berkowitz Oliver

CloudNine offers ease of use and exceptional customer support.

Offering a database that any level of experience user could review and perform tasks.

Pros

We really like the functionality and ease of use. We have various levels of database experience users and have found that most, if not all, are extremely comfortable in this database. It removes factors that are not necessary to review and tag/code documents. Also, the customer service and training is superior. You won't find a better trainer.

Cons

It is missing a couple of components that are specific to our litigation. However, I am not sure any of the datatbases out there have these capabilities, yet. If you ask CloudNine to configure something new for you, they will always do their very best. They continually strive to meet your needs.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thank you Bradette for the kind review. We are grateful to have the opportunity to support you in your eDiscovery efforts.

Robert from Codemantra

Experience

I had positive experience with the company . What ever my need they were able to help

Pros

Flexable, client service and their knowledge and experience in the space. They where able handle all request.

Michael from Armstrong Teasdale LLP

Easy to learn, easy to use, great experience so far.

Ease of use in managing complex discovery issues.

Pros

Love the UI and the ease of learning the software. It's very intuitive compared with other discovery management software and the attorneys pick it up in no time. It is also very speedy in pulling up docs and moving from one document to the next. No problems experienced in our first discovery project using this software. We were able to customize it to meet our needs nicely. Also love the fact that it's easy for each user to customize their own interface so the most important document coding elements are always at the top of the screen. No need to scroll through long windows of coding selections to find what you are looking for. This software is an outstanding alternative to other discovery management databases on the market, and comes at a great value.

Cons

Searches take a bit of work to catch on to, and I didn't really care for the fact that while global tag/field creation is so easy, it's much more difficult to alter or delete a field/tag once it has been created, and this requires admin rights. This was likely done intentionally to prevent users from accidentally deleting things, but I feel like it would be more useful to enable a user on location with some limited admin rights who has the ability to make these sort of alterations rather than the need to escalate a help ticket.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the review, Michael. Great comments and feedback. We will continue to work on providing you and all users the best eDiscovery experience possible.

Neil from Complete Legal Services, LLC

CloudNine is intuitive, highly functional, yet maintains a very user friendly interface.

I am able to consult on a higher level with this software in our tool bag.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to utilize extracted metadata fields alongside custom fields to run complex searches.

Cons

Clients are often confused when editing searches from a saved search, and often change the criteria of the saved search as the "saved search window" auto populates and overwrites. I would prefer to be able to lock a search. However, it's typically remedied after several reminders and training sessions.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Thanks for the strong review Neil. We are grateful you took the time to share and will work to address the recommendations you made and accentuate the strengths you highlighted.

Brian from Litgistix LLC

Much simplier to use than other review software. Automatic load/processing great add-on feature!

Being a channel partner to generate a good margin on hosting revenue in reselling the software to our law firm customers!

Pros

New functionality for users to load own data. Quick culling/filtering options to reduce data for review. Easy to use boolean full text and metadata searching. Bulk tagging options reduce review time. Reports to export select data. Unlimited users with no extra charges. Reduced near-ready review storage fees. CloudNine Discovery provides great and responsive 24/7 customer support and always friendly and flexible. Have also recently enhanced Channel Partner program to help support reselling software for vendors more. Clint Lehew has always been great to work with and support us as a reseller partner.

Cons

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on CloudNine. We truly appreciate it.

Kelly from Hall Estill

CloudNine Review

I have been using CloudNine for a couple of months, and it is my first experience with e-discovery start-to-finish. I am very pleased with the platform. It is very user-friendly, and everyone, from sales to support and the client services team has been so great to work with. They have been available to answer any question I have, even when I call multiple times in one day; they are even responsive at night, on weekends, and holidays, which is so great when working on an inconvenient deadline. I will be recommending CloudNine to anyone I hear is looking for an e-discovery tool.

Pros

I like how intuitive and user-friendly it is. You don't have to have experience with e-discovery tools to be able to use it. I also really like that it is browser-based, so it can be used on almost any device anywhere.

Cons

None so far.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the great review Kelly. Our team is grateful for your comments and will continue to strive to deliver you great technology and service to support your eDiscovery efforts.

Ann-Patton from Roberts & Stevens, PA

Industry: Law Practice

CloudNine is a dream to what would have been a nightmare!

I have used CloudNine for three years. The customer service if phenomenal. The platform and search features are intuitive and easy to use. I love how using this product allows me to be more efficient with my time. The ease of collaborating aspects of my discovery project with associates and paralegals is a plus. I've never experienced a "crash" or a technical issues. It's been smooth sailing every time.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Thank you very much for the kind review and we are excited that your experience with CloudNine has been positive. We will continue to work hard to ensure your eDiscovery efforts are enhanced with CloudNine.

Pia from EarthEfficient LLC

I called with a connection issue and it was resolved in less that 5 minutes.

January 2016

Brian from Tetra Pak Inc.

Long-Time User

In the spirit of full disclosure, I was once employed by this company, but have been in-house for several years since and have no current ties with the company or its ownership. I have used the software, and their other services, for many years, through several versions, since. I have also used many other tools over the years, and each have their pros and cons. When I need something that can easily be shared with outside counsel, reviewed by multiple people simultaneously, and provide a fast reliable output, with fairly robust searching, this is my go-to product. The key for me is that the web-based platform makes collaboration across different companies/firms simple and efficient without the requirement for large downloads or additional purchases. The platform is intuitive and I would recommend it for any projects where collaboration is necessary (it is also pretty good for a traditional review but that is not where I use this platform).

John from Lane Sash & Larrabee

CloudNine: Excellent value and service

I have used CloudNine since the Fall of 2016 to upload and process e-Discovery data. Their staff has been very helpful. The CloudNine document review system is easy to learn and intuitive. It is an excellent value. The one drawback is that the functionality is somewhat basic, although more than robust enough for most smaller scale reviews. The system is ideal for smaller to midsized law firms and corporation. Overall, I am very happy with the system.

Cons

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review John. We appreciate your use of CloudNine for your eDiscovery needs and look forward to sharing with you soon new features that will extend the capability of the platform and enhance your ability to leverage it for both basic and complex discovery efforts.

Aaron from International Rivers Consulting

Customer service is good. Do not like how we had to have support always do stuff for us.

Pros

Cons

As I said, it was not cost effective for us to keep having to go back for anything extra we needed.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the feedback and the great follow-up call with Brian Kelley. We appreciate your affirmation of the platform and were heartened to hear it met and exceeded your requirements.

Ryan from National Oilwell Varco

December 2015

CloudNine Discovery is the cat's pajamas

CloudNine routinely impresses me with their superior customer service and automated tools that just work. We regularly upload a lot of data to CloudNine's automated hosting and discovery tool. Their software is easy to use and searching is flexible. Filtering and analytics allow for early data assessment. All of CloudNine's departments are courteous and helpful. Client Services quickly manages productions and dispositions, follows up with documentation for our records, and provides customized support to our clients. Our uploads are followed by automated updates that are handy for passing processing status to our internal teams. Help Desk assists us with all technical items including search logic, syntax, and segmenting for multiple document reviewers. Our Legal folks appreciate the easy-to-use Discovery interface and the quick access to free training. I'm grateful for all CloudNine does to save time and prevent stress.

Mayra from National Oilwell Varco

Industry: Oil & Energy

I am not very keen on technology so I found some features not as easy to navigate.

Pros

Search features are very useful. The creation of folders to file different search categories is very good too.

Cons

I don't like that a search shows me chain emails. I would be ok to get all emails if the chain changed, but for those that just have identical content, i would live to get the last email in the chain to reduce the search timing.

Suzanne from Barry University School of Law

Amazing People, Great Software

I contacted CloudNine with a last-minute request for help with the hands-on portion of an e-discovery class I taught at the law school with Donna Chesteen. The staff at CloudNine were amazing. They set up a custom data set for the students to search against, and spent time teaching Donna and me the basics of their system, and had us up and running in less than a day. The students were able to quickly learn the search tools and produce meaningful results for purposes of the class with minimal effort. We also demoed other cloud-based software for the class, but the students clearly preferred the CloudNine system. Cloud Nine is straightforward enough to figure out on your own, but powerful enough to handle the most complicated searches. Having seen it in action in the classroom, I am making the switch to CloudNine in my private practice.

ERNEST from Franczek Radelet

Industry: Law Practice

CloudNine is an easy to use review platform which allow us to process and review data right away.

Ease of use, cost savings, data load fast, and document retrieval is quick and easy.

Pros

The speed and ease of loading data and being able to review it immediately is a tremendous advantage over other Cloud based platforms.

Cons

Would like control over moving files from one folder to another. Would like additional functionality related to tagging and foldering files.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Thanks very much Ernest. We appreciate your review and feedback and look forward to continuing to support your efforts.

Lindsey from Winter Capriola Zenner, LLC

Generally really positive.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. The searching and tagging features are great; they make going through large amounts of data much easier.

Cons

The biggest thing that would make a difference for me is the ability to print group tagged items all at once. The search features are wonderful, but the efficiency of using the software is somewhat diminished by having to open each document individually to print it.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the feedback, Lindsey. We truly appreciate it. We also appreciate your recommendations and will work to address them as we seek to make the product even more efficient for eDiscovery experts such as yourself.

Chaz from Ironside

Google docs for coding

Pros

Great collaborative functionality Has a lot of settings to code in a preferred style All data is hosted on their servers

Cons

Can be glitchy with too many users at once Has revision history but won't allow recovery if you delete something permanently

Andrew from McCrory Construction Company

It was a pleasent experience because documnets could be sorted and taged relativet easily

Pros

I like how it could access and retain large files and had enough data space for the many different file types

Cons

When documents are sorted by their tags, some tags would not be shown in the search criteria when selecting previously tagge documents.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Thanks, Andrew. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you in your eDiscovery efforts.

Lori from Allen & Gooch

Great Customer Service and Support is always a PLUS!

CloudNine provides the right level of service for what we need and we were able to test the software and services out before making a decision on what particular services we wanted to sign up for. Customer Support team is fast, friendly, and responsive, and if they could not answer our questions immediately, they found out who could provide our team with the best recommendations. We have only been using CloudNine for a couple of months, but have been satisfied with our decision to choose CloudNine over their competitors.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Appreciate the review Lori. We will work hard to continue the great service/support and we truly value your consideration of CloudNine.

ANGEL from Angel G. Reyes Rosado, P.E.

Excellent eDiscovery tool

Pros

Easy graphical user interface, reduced learning curve. Must have for small firms. Fast implementation. Low cost (firm/and client).

Cons

Cannot think of any cons. Some suggestions, incorporate a charge back system for clients based of resources allocated by case.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your review, Angel. We appreciate the consideration, comments, and recommendations.

Jason from Kieve Law Offices

Top notch document production cloud based service!

Extremely easy to use cloud-based document management service.

Pros

CloudNine has excellent customer service - incredibly responsive and always solves the problem. I have uploaded several gigs to their platform and never had a problem.

Cons

The searching process is involved and requires a bit of training to make sure you are getting what you want - but once you have saved a few searches, it becomes a lot easier.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Thanks, Jason. Great comments and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Donna from The Tech Law Firm, PLLC

Great Software and Customer Support

As an adjunct professor at a law school, I needed access to an e-discovery platform so my students could get some hands-on experience. We thought we had secured the software from another vendor but, when at the last minute we found out we wouldn't be able to use it, we contacted CloudNine. Without hesitation, they gave us access to 20 seats. It was a great experience and the software was very easy to use. I would definitely recommend this company both for the quality of its software and its dedication to customer support.

Chris from Andrews Kurth

Ondemand is great!

CloudNine not only provides flexible searching capabilities within their software, it also reliably retrieves result sets in seconds, even for large collections. Also, their processing and culling services have benefited our clients greatly on several projects; for example, they are currently helping us cull down a large data set of over 500 GB, saving our clients thousands of dollars in eDiscovery costs! We currently have 4 large databases hosted in Ondemand and will continue to use it for future cases.

Andrea from OWASA

Industry: Utilities

Great customer service and easy to use software!

I was able to complete an eDiscovery request fast and in a straight forward way.

Pros

Could have multiple users working on same task - this was a BIG plus! It was easy to tag/sort emails and convenient that the emails were broken down in 25 increments. Customer Service was excellent - very helpful and efficient.

Cons

When working on a project, it wasn't intuitive to include multiple users with the same tags; and clunky to add those users.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

We are appreciative of the kind comments and are grateful for the opportunity to work with and for you in your eDiscovery efforts.

Robert from The Master's Conference

Quality of Service is important

From a quality of service point of view, cloudnine is an excellent company. They have a great product but even better the service is amazing.

Pros

Easy to use and vital to the legal process.

Cons

Needs more recognition

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Thanks Robert. We appreciate the comments on our product and support and absolutely will continue to work hard to help legal professionals in their eDiscovery efforts.

Athena from Knight Nicastro

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent experience with minimal need for training. The software is outstanding.

The ability to get a platform set up expeditiously. Ease of use without complex programming.

Pros

Everything about this software is outstanding. From the ease of use to overall functionality, this product is now my number 1 choice. The project manager from Complete Legal also represents this produce extremely well, which was key to my selection.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied September 2017

Athena, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on CloudNine. We appreciate it and look forward to working for and with you in your eDiscovery efforts.

david from Prolegal Discovery Solutions

Cloudnine Review

I have been a channel partner with Cloudnine for a number of years. The product sells itself with its features, functionality and ease of use. The partnership and friendship with the people of Cloudnine is the icing on the cake. They are great business partners.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Excellent David. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We truly appreciate it and are grateful for our partnership.

Katherine from Dow Golub Remels & Beverly, LLP

Great E-Discovery Company!

We have worked with CloudNine Discovery on several cases, and have been quite happy with the service that we have received. Their support staff is responsive, friendly and helpful in assisting me with providing the technical information that my clients need. Their review platform, CloudNine, is robust, easy to use and ideal for a firm like ours where we don't have to buy and support the software.

Andrea from Independent Contractor

AZA Review

I had never used C9 before. After a detailed training, I was able to log on and use C9 as though I had been using it for years. Easy to navigate and use.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied January 2017

Thank you very much Andrea. Your review is truly appreciated and we are excited that CloudNine is able to help with your eDiscovery review needs with a complete and easy to use platform.

Crystal from National Oilwell Varco LP

Cloudnine is user-friendly.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's great at identifying significant documents and easy to share with our outside counsel. The customer service is great, and our clients love using it too.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Thank you Crystal. We appreciate the opportunity to support your discovery efforts.

Phil from Pivot Legal Services

CloudNine Rocks!

I've worked with CloudNine, specifically for many years and I can't say enough about them. Response time, knowledge, attentiveness, etc. are all top notch. CloudNine should take home the hardware.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Phil, thanks for the great affirmation. We are appreciative of the comments and grateful to be able to support you and your team.

Hugh from Hugh Craddock, Contract Paralegal

CloudNine is extremely easy to use and the customer service has been great. You can easily design the database coding fields to fit your workflow and specific needs.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Hugh, we are grateful for the kind comments and look forward to supporting you and your eDiscovery efforts today and in the future.

Mukul from Dentons US LLP

CloudNine review

A quick way to search for documents.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the UI is great. The search capabilities are pretty easy to use, too.

Cons

Converting documents into TIFF files and export is still a little slow.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied August 2017

Mukul, thanks for the kind comments and we agree with you on Mr. Kelley's great support. Thank you for taking the time to share your considerations, we truly appreciate them.

Andy from Wagner Law Group S.C.

Overall positive experience

We used cloudnine on an e-discovery project and it proved very user friendly and helped with quick turnaround on project.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied February 2017

Thank you very much for the positive review, Andy. We appreciate the feedback and will definitely focus on improving the areas you highlighted.

Trey from Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC

January 2016

Reviewed, analyzed and tagged 100,000+ documents as part of class action litigation

Overall great experience. Software is very user-friendly. Search filters were very helpful. Customer service was always quick to diagnose and solve any issues I ran into or answer any questions I had. I would definitely use this product and CloudNine in the future.

Raj from Paranjpe & Mahadass LLP

Recommended Highly

I have known the team, for many years and I truly appreciate their hard work, knowledge, and high quality product. I recommend them regularly to my colleagues and friends.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Appreciate the kind review Raj. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Emily from Locke Lord LLP

Good - but needed help to understand the platform.

Pros

Various and many options for tagging. I liked that you could create your own tags and then set their visibility and use for others across the platform.

Cons

Not very user friendly. I took the tutorial in order to figure out what I was doing, and I still had a hard time. Also, it was complicated by the fact that we had multiple individuals attempting to tag.

Darlene from McDowell Knight

User-friendly software

This software is very user-friendly. Any questions I had or problems I encountered were immediately resolved by the excellent customer service provided. I would highly recommend this product.

Jessica from Lax & Neville LLP

Very Pleased with CloudNine's Services

Our law firm has found CloudNine to be very user-friendly and has helped us to organize and prepare for a number of cases.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

We thank you for sharing your experience, Jessica.

Stephanie from Law Office

Discovery Production

This software is easy to use and allows us to upload and download documents as they become ready, saving us both time and money by eliminating the need for postage.

Margaret from The Benson Firm LLP

December 2015

Great database for both small and voluminous litigation matters.

User friendly software and great customer service!

Joyce from The Kneafsey Firm, Inc.

Great customer service!

I am very pleased with the customer service at CloudNine. The platform is easy to use and helpful with our document review projects.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Replied March 2017

Fantastic feedback Joyce. Your comments are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your sharing your expert opinion on CloudNine.

Jason from Fagan Emert Davis LLC

First Time User

Pros

Was impressed with the ease of use for a first time user. I probably only scratched the surface but was able to accomplish my client's document management goals relatively easily.

Cons

Some of the basic document identification features became cumbersome when a limited number of documents were involved.