• Pros

• "Nice features, admin interface relatively user-friendly, user-interface very user-friendly."

• "It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked."

• "Whova made it easy to interact with multiple people"

• Cons

• "The software is good however it is missing stories, live streams."

• "It seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it. "

• "Not sure how things download from my mobile device, but the desktop app is great for saving information."

Browse Whova Reviews

Kellie from Nanny Industry Consultant

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Pros

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Cons

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

We looked at private video production companies to oversee the event with price tags of $15k - $70k. We are very pleased with the results we had with Whova and hiring out a consultant via Upwork who did our speakers, session recording and day-of virtual event coordination.

A must have tool for event organisers

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Fast response in the inquiry and they offered a slightly lower price than the competitor. The key was they kindly sponsored our first use of the product (because of our limited budget). This was a great opportunity to test and love the product and their professional and enthusiastic customer service. It seems like an honestly customer-oriented app, and we hope the future updates will grow along with our needs as customers. For organizers, it is important to know before starting a new event, there is an event management app to rely on, rather than spending time searching for a new one each time.

Tijl from Ghent University

Industry: Research

Nice features but unreliable. Do not use for critical applications.

Pretty horrible if you have to explain an audience of 1000+ people that the app was down for >1.5 hours mid-conference.

Pros

Cons

I used it for a large virtual conference (1000+ attendees, up to 10+ parallel sessions), and it was down for >1.5 hours. Extremely embarrassing and impossible to recover from it. Medium impact weakness is that the interface is not very responsive (i.e. slow). Minor impact (but nonetheless frustrating) weakness is that the admin interface is buggy (or has 'quirks' like they call it themselves). From lots of things we could notice this is not a company built on solid software engineering (e.g. they use "FirstName LastName" as the 'key' to identify attendees, and some of the admin features behave in a very illogical and unexpected manner).

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Looks good from user-perspective as long as it works, and I knew it from a physical conference I had attended. But it turned out a mistake. Whova is not up to this. Ok for smaller events that can afford downtime, and probably for physical events where the app is less crucial. Not made for high-profile virtual events. If you use whova, you have to have a backup plan for when it goes down.

Kimberly from Heresco Chiropractic and Associates

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Pros

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Zaf from BBH London

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Pros

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Cons

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Pros

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Cons

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

Gina from Prince William County Public School District

Whova App is Best for Professional Development

Several of our professional development circles have previously provided printed schedules, agendas, and course descriptions, which make for a lot of material to take home after a conference. With the Whova app, all of that information is now stored online which is so much easier for a traveler.

Pros

The Whova mobile app made it easy for me to select PD sessions, take notes, and organize my thoughts while the desktop app afforded me the opportunity to immediately download materials and snip and save images. I do appreciate that Whova emailed me a copy of all of the notes I'd taken in each of my PD sessions. I also like that the information stays on my account even after the session is over. I can still see last year's pics and notes from another PD session!

Ilissa from NEDAS

Industry: Wireless

Straightforward, affordable and flexible Event engagement App

Whova's team is attentive, always innovating and updating their capabilities, they listen and address concerns quickly and effectively. Our event loved the app and we love the Whova team.

Pros

The Whova app is very straightforward to use, they provide all of the embed links and capabilities to make it look like you're own powered by a simple to use back-end experience. It's flexible in the way you use and deploy it and is affordable.

Cons

Some of the search capabilities to highlight top sponsors and provide a tiered level view of support can be worked on and the streaming view is good for traditional videos, engaging with Zoom is not as strong.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Simple, consolidated platform that provided the ability to do what we wanted in a single provider. Whova is great!

Mohamed from UWE

Industry: Computer Networking

Whova

it has been great.

Pros

It easy to use and it is straightforward.

Cons

The software is good however it is missing stories, live streams.

Anne from City of Bangor

Attended a Whova conference

Great to attend a conference online that has the agenda, the video and the ability to communicate all on one screen.

Pros

It was easy to load, get on, and navigate.

Cons

Some technical issues for people with sound - sometimes I just had to reload it to get it to work but it's a minor glitch.

Debora from FIT - Fashion Institute of Technology

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

Pros

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature. Pros: -Easy to register and log into via App or Browser, especially helpful when on a Chromebook -Clean intuitive interface -Able to see Agenda and main areas from Home page -Good one on one video chat capability for meeting with reps (didn't get to test waiting in line capability) -Video and audio was clear for webinars (our vendor used Go-To-Meeting, which allowed the complete running Transcript for both days' webinars to be viewed), convenient links to recorded webinars for past events -Variety of engaging areas, including multiple Virtual Activity and Topic Chat Rooms, and Contests that allowed users to comment and post photos - good creative fun and lurkers can also benefit from others' posts -Document download area -Able to reference info and continue interacting with attendees after the event (but limited to 6 months)

Cons

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following: Cons: -Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error) -Comment to my Photo by others did not show up under my Photo but much further down and under the other person's posts - layout for comments and replies was confusing and didn't follow sub-menu properly or consistently - My Reply to a Comment added via older Chrome device did show up under her Comment, but not under my Photo (maybe it was the other User's error or perhaps she submitted it via her Phone and also had a problem) - mobile interface may be a little buggy. -Was unable to see the number of likes per Photo or Posts on everyone's submitted Photos on my older Chromebook device, but was able to see these on my Phone -6 month time limit access to content (would love to access indefinitely)

Karen from UCOR

Industry: Environmental Services

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Pros

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Cons

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Lynden from Houston Community College

Whoa! Whova

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Cons

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Kathy from Lake Nona Institute

Exceptional Value!

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Pros

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Response from Whova

Replied March 2017

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Neisha from Alvin Community College

Way to go Whova

This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Pros

I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Cons

The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Michael from Region VII Head Start Association

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Hated it.

Pros

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

Cons

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship. Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to enter all the company info 16 times. The method for adding people is beyond cumbersome. We have people who are speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Rather than just having a PEOPLE category, where those roles are selected, the person has to be entered three times in three categories. And they can’t access their collective profile — they have to update in three categories… Are you kidding me?? (when setting up an exhibitor, can check “sponsor” but it does nothing, as they still have to be entered as such manually.) Updating speaker at session level doesn’t allow for the addition of their email address, which has to be done at the speaker level later. When creating a new speaker, there is a button to add a session, but when you click it, it says to save the speaker first. When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button? Our account manager wasn’t identified WELL into the event building process , nor did they actively participate in the creating of our event. MANY attendees and speakers/exhibitors report not receiving emails send from the platform

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Cost and perceived benefits and other reviews.

Amanda from School of Leadership and Education Sciences, USD

Thanks Whova

I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Pros

Cons

The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.

Amy from SEE Society

Updatable & Environmentally Friendly

Pros

I like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc. I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.

Natalie from Daimler Trucks North America

Do plenty of research before using this product

Whova is useful for trade shows or large, paid events - I needed it for a 200-ish person corporate (internal) event. I chose Whova because of it's ease of use and straight-forward features. I really hated how the tool consistently promoted the Whova app - it's practically shoved down your throat on the user side, and no way to dial it back. I can see the value in this for large shows where attendees will need the app for networking and customized agendas, but it was just too much for smaller, corporate events. I wish they had an option to focus the user experience more on just the app itself.

Pros

-Easy to set up -Helpful customer support team -Easy to use (both as an admin and as an event participant) -Customization, though lacking in some areas, is possible -Easy registration and website set up

Cons

-Heavily, heavily branded to Whova, even when using the paid version -Focus on paid tickets -Customization was not possible for things I needed it to be

Erin from LCPS

Whova Review

Overall, Whova has given us a more paperless experience while effectively managing the tasks at hand.

Pros

I like that this software allows me to provide a great experience to those attending our events. We stay on schedule while optimizing attendee participation. They feel more connected through updates, pictures, personalization, etc.

Cons

Since it is so digital, some people sometimes feel like they get lost in the software and are not able to connect as well face-to-face.

Michael from Kansas State University

Fantastic Event Program Platform

In our experience this has been the best platform to use for our conference planning and events, in our case our main event has between 200-300 attendees. Highly recommend its use, no matter what the size of your event is.

Pros

Whova is simple to use and comes with an incredible amount of detailed customizations and abilities to fit any event needs. Love the ease of communicating with other people taking part of the app. Easy to structure the layout and overall accessibility is great.

Cons

Can take a little bit of time to get used to the layout, but this isn't necessarily a negative, simply something that comes with any type of interface like this. However, some might consider it a steeper learning curve.

Maria from Columbus Village Library

Industry: Libraries

I didn't want to use it

I resented having to download an app just to attend an online professional conference. I wasn't happy about trying to participate through my phone. Wow, was I wrong! The app was easy to use, convenient to watch the sessions or walk away when I needed to, simple to make connections with others at the event. This was the perfect way to get the professional information and contacts that I needed, and not waste time and money travelling. I even got to examine the vendor information without the sales pressure. I'm asking the organization to use Whova for their next conference also.

Pros

Whova made it easy to interact with multiple people

Cons

getting "how to" info from app 4 days after I was using it...

Travis from Animex USA

Industry: Environmental Services

Whova makes networking more accessible and friendly

Networking, as described above. Making new professional connections comes with a special breed of anxiety, and this app made networking more friendly by connecting those with similar interests (meet-ups, community topic chats), spreading important news more effectively (organizer announcements, meet-up reminders) and providing basic information of who's who at the conference. It also seemed to bring out the more real side of people by welcoming less-formal communication (photos, interesting chats). I also made use of the business card scanner.

Pros

In a nutshell, it made networking more accessible. Allowed me to connect with peers prior to conference and begin conversations or facilitate meet-ups. During the conference, allowed for playful and useful communication. I did not need to already have the contact information of conference-goers or struggle to locate the person I wanted to meet. Also allowed me to do a quick "background research" on the people I met (or was about to meet). As a side note, the points system was an effective incentive for me, and also some people recognized me in person specifically because of my leader board standing.

Cons

Can't think of anything. I was pleasantly surprised by the utility of the app.

MArianne from Langara College

Whova makes event planning, management and attendance a breeze!

Seamless, easy to use, friendly, excellent!

Pros

Whova is seamless to use, whether web based or the app. You create an account and once logged into Whova you simply find your event. The layout is smart and easy. You can see the overall agenda, or create your own agenda depending on the conference event you choose to attend. You can see the bios of presenters and see who is attending, and communicate with attendees! Talk about catching up with colleagues you have been out of touch with! Presenters can also upload copies of their presentations to Whova for attendees to review and download.

Cons

This is a US product and all identifiable data is housed in the US or elsewhere. So if you are in a country with strict privacy regulations, make sure you read the privacy disclaimer on Whova.

A. J. from WTAMU

Great for Event Management

I use Whova for conference management. It has far exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Thanks to this software we no longer need paper programs at the conference I help organize. We can also make last minute updates as needed, and the software also allows attendees to plan their schedules, network, and create social gatherings.

Cons

No complaints. It does have many features I don't need, but they don't get in my way. Someday I might decide to try more features.

Kimball from Municode

A solid solution to conference chaos

This software confirmed to me that virtual conferences, although not ideal to many organizations, are an inspiring new way to collaboratively communicate on schedule, and archive material that would otherwise be ignored in on-site conferences.

Pros

This was an exceptional alternative to cancelling an entire conference due to COVID-19. I enjoyed navigating the online agenda that had various workshops and/or presenters in various time slots throughout each day. Some events were "Live", and others prerecorded. It seemed the live events were well attended, and the prerecorded events less attended. At any given time, even after the workshop was over, I could participate anew. I was also a vendor, and had my own virtual booth where I could have a live meetup, or a prerecorded video. Whova clearly understood the importance of attendee engagement during the event, and provided us several unique ways to connect.

Cons

As a vendor for the online conference I attended, Whova's assistance in making the conference possible also gave them a great platform to advertise. They made their presence known, and I suppose I can't blame them for it.

Rachel from Belmont University

So Many Great Functions

Pros

My favorite parts of the software from a user's perspective were the map guide to where my next conference event would be in the hotel, and the ability to create My Agenda from the various (many) events taking place at any one given time.

Cons

I would have liked to go straight to My Agenda each time, as well as to go straight to the current time and events, instead of having to scroll from the first event at the conference, by default.

Moustapha from Bristol-Mayers Squibb

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent App.

Excellent, I simply loving it.

Pros

Easy to navigate and accuracy for meeting and schedule.

Cons

No time zone indicated for people from different countries, like European colleagues who was struggling with the time schedule.

Katherine from Higher Education Research Institute

Why I pass on Whova despite the great functionality

My main issue with Whova has nothing to do with the functionality, and everything to do with the customer service. As part of a conference planning team, we used Whova, and without any prior notification, they published our app and sent an email to all of course conference attendees to join. (Thankfully, we were as our final stages of testing, so it was fine.) However, in addition to the lack of communication, when we brought this up, we asked to disable all future email communication (as our conference team had our own communication schedule) and provide a list of communication so that, at the very least, we would know what is moving forward, They apologized, offered to disable functions, and yes, two hours later, Whova's team had sent another email, spamming our participants to create their profiles. If you are looking for conference platforms, do NOT use this one. I'd suggest using Guidebook or other avenues. The hassle of going back and forth, only to be blindsided again, by the very same problem, is frustrating, unprofessional, and poor customer service,

Pros

The functionality of uploading the event was easy to use, and from the user side, the app was easy to navigate to move between the schedule, information about specific programs, and more details about speakers.

Cons

The app came with built-in conversation starters that, as conference organizers, we had to delete. Other than that, the software was good.

Yanka from ITFC Jeddah

My first experience with Whova app

It was a great experience overall, including the conference as well.

Pros

The first time I opened the app to use it for my attending the METLC was quite confusing, but it was mostly due to me being an inexperienced user. It didn't take me long to start using it as it's intended and to start enjoying it too. It's actually well-structured and easy to handle and find your way around. Some of the most useful features, in my opinion, were the options to directly message other participants and expand your network; the option to start a new thread and to arrange virtual meetings and discussions.

Cons

The drawback that I saw was that you had no way of replying to someone or deleting a post / message. Perhaps for the future! In addition, there were quite a few paths to reaching the same goal, like the chat and discussions related to someone's presentation could be reached through 2 different routes. It might be confusing for some. Also, perhaps you could develop the direct messages for the web app in the future.

Mark from University of Arizona Foundation

Great experience using Whova

Whova made the conference manageable, allowing participates to keep track of workshops they desired to attend.

Pros

Whova is a great tool that kept me up to date with many workshops I selected to attend. In addition, it provided overall information that was pertinent to the conference: Speaker Bios Connecting participants to form ride sharing groups to and from the airport Advertising events affiliated with the conference and outside the conference Providing many with a platform to network with each other. Providing feedback regarding contest (Bingo) I am a Whova fan!!! Mark S.

Cons

I liked every aspect of this software. I would not mind using it again.

Richard from San Diego Peking University Alumni Association

The best event app I ever used

I was one of event organizers of PKU Annual Fall Picnic 2016 in San Diego. We used Whova app to set up tickets, publish agenda, logistics, car pool, location change announcement, attendee networking, and so on. It was a great experience and the event was a great success. It's super easy to use Whova to manage events from very beginning to end: it saved us a lot of time as organizer, the experience was super smooth and we really love it! It's also very positive for our event attendees. They bought tickets on Whova, and then download Whova app to get all the event information. Besides that, they can find out who will be attending the event in advance and connect each other before the event. It's really handy for them and also saves our time as we can publish information to them easily. Whova support team is awesome! We are amazed by their prompt response and detailed explanation. Great job! Overall, it's a must for event organizers and we highly recommend Whova for event organizers.

Response from Whova

Replied March 2017

Thanks for even providing us referrals. We look forward to working with you again for your next event!

Martha from Nathanel Greene Elementary

Whova App at VCEConvention

I was very happy with the networking that has happened before and after the conference.

Pros

I was reluctant to add the app at first because I didn't want to add more apps to my phone. Then I realized the convention I planned to attend used the app for signing up for sessions. So I downloaded it and it was very easy to use from the start. I created my profile and my two day agenda. From there, I participated in a few icebreakers and before I knew it, I was contacted through the app by a former colleague that was also attending the conference. Feeling bolder, I created two topic pages and had many people ask me questions about my topic through the app. Great networking!! When I returned to work, I shared with my admin team and hope we will use it in the future.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.I found it useful.

Glen from FireWise Consulting Ltd.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Whova app experience

We have been Whova for several years and it has been a positive experience for our company. It is part of the package and helps us to maintain a professional profile.

Pros

Ability to keep our delegates informed of event schedule, location, venues and networking.

Cons

some people who are not so tech savvy require assistance to get setup and comfortable using, but, that applies to other technology as well not just Whova.

Boutwell, from Boutwell Properties

Whova App

Pros

This app is great for company conventions. Love how easy it is to use, and the amount of info that can be shared.

Cons

None works great! One thing that would be cool to add to the app, is a GPS for the venue. Some of the venues we attend are massive and can be challenging to find where exactly your conference is located especially when there are several conferences going on.

Sunghwan from TeK One

Whova is an application like a living creature!

My non-profit organization, TeK One used Whova as registration, event organization, logistics tool for the annual Tek One Entrepreneurship Forum held in 2014 - 2016. Thanks to Whova, our events were able to proceed smoothly with minimum personnel and efforts. Participants and speakers were also impressed by Whova, so that some of them actually used Whova for their own events. Whova is an application like a living creature, it seems to evolve year after year, if not day by day. Based on feedback from customers, Whova will always strive to add new features with improved user convenience to better serve you and your organization's important events. I strongly recommend Whova to any organizations and individuals hosting important events. Whova, Thank you!

Pros

Easy to use and Import participants' Linkedin profile

Cons

To some organization, it might be pricey?

Response from Whova

Replied April 2017

Thank you so much! We try to meet every customer's expectation and it has helped us continue improving. We look forward to working with Tek One again this year with better products and services!

Tammy from NeuroInternational

Fun, Interactive App

It has been a great tool to use for events. People seem to be more engaged and interactive than other apps I have used. The points and leaderboard need to be reconsidered as people really take it to the extreme of competitiveness.

Pros

Introductions to other people who are attending the event and sharing knowledge of event specific information.

Cons

I don’t necessarily like the leader board. Some people take it to the ultimate extreme and make it unpleasant to use the app because they have to win a virtual trophy at all costs. It really takes the fun out of using the app.

Ken from Aviat Networks

Enjoyed the app as an exhibitor of a trade show

It's a step in the right direction. I've never had a solid app that helped me identify attendees. But it still fell a bit short for making this information valuable. I spent hours researching the attendees to determine who may be a viable client or not, and then additional hours reaching out to them, with very limited results. If notifications were encouraged, and more information about attendees was mandatory, or requested, that would be a huge step to make it more efficient.

Pros

The access to information about everyone else that was attending the show who had installed the app. Gave me opportunity to prospect potential customers.

Cons

In many cases, not enough information was available about the attendees. It would be advantageous if the attendee would optionally provide a link to their website, their email address, their phone number. Also, the choice to implement notifications (or not) limited the ability for most to see that they had messages sent to them. I had a very low percentage response to messages sent in the app. Also, when I received a message, it was very hard to identify that I received one, and to dig it out.

Great Program/App for Marketing at Conferences

Pros

You can easily find the conference your company is participating in. By having the app on your phone, you can review the agenda, see the attendee list, which is great for targeting specific leads, and engage in messaging with other conference attendees. Overall, it's a great tool for networking at conferences.

Cons

For some events, lead generation is limited if you are an exhibitor or sponsor. In other words, you can't access delegate information so it limits targeting to some degree.

Michael from American School of Kuwait

Whova for event management

Pros

I liked the ease of housing all information in one spot, the minimum clicks required to get what I wanted, and the ability to correspond within the software.

Cons

Not all participants at the event were using, or actively using. That forced me to revert to email and other means of communication. There were also times that information that would have been helpful was not available. I was using it at an event for recruitment and candidates profiles often were left with minimal or no information.

Ian from 2209413 Ontario Inc.

Whova sets the bar high for conference hosting

I have attended several video conferences this year and Whova was the only one that worked without any hitches.

Pros

Whether there 10 people online or 300, the web platform and phone app just worked flawlessly, no pausing, no error messages, no reconnecting. It worked the way you expected all the time no matter the volume of people. The features were fantastic, live presentations, calendar (agenda), attendees, chat room, social events with smaller breakout groups, pictures, documents, polls, speaker bios...its all there.

Cons

some features are on the phone that you can't see on the web app.

Suzanne from Silver Sharers

Easy to use and to reach out to conference attendees

Great for conference networking and keeping track of the event programming.

Pros

I downloaded this to network and keep track of attendees at a recent conference at which I was attending. I found it super easy to use and also a great way to discover what was happening at the event. I thought the leaderboard function was fun too.

Cons

It was easy to use and fun to see myself appear on the leaderboard.

Aaron from Health Care

Ultimate networking app

Pros

fantastic networking app for your event. Super easy to message and exchage contact information with attendees very intuitive interface and fast/easy to navigate integrates agenda of meeting into my iphone calendar seemlessly. Brilliant.

Cons

none. this app is amazing. I have no negative comments

Beatriz from University of Pittsburgh

Industry: Research

Highly recommend for virtual conferences

There have been other virtual neuroscience meetings that have not worked well and as the president of our Flux society, I was nervous. However, the meeting was a great success with many participants indicating that it was much better than platforms used in other conferences. We were all delighted with how the conference went being able to focus on the science and not limitations of technology. This will be our platform going forward.

Pros

Ease of use, stability, integration of other known platforms, support

Cons

The chat vs. Q&A was difficult for session chairs to manage often only considering what came from chat. When starting a presentation late, it only gave you the option to start from the beginning when it would have been great to have the option to join in real time. It would have been great to have the option to go straight to the next presentation automatically instead of having to go back and select.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Our conference team, who support many different conferences, indicated that this was the best option and we could not agree more.

Terry from Beacon School

Whove it up!

Very positive. It was easy to check the agenda and track the new announcements and community messages. It's user friendly and the clean layout makes it easy to find the info you need.

Pros

All the info you need for the event concentrated in one place.

Cons

I tried to delete my business card (from a previous job) but couldn't figure it out.

Daniel from Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Seems to have everything

Pros

I liked how quickly you can switch between different features of the app: from checking the conference schedule to seeing the other attendees' conversation topics to seeing what media the event organizers had posted.

Cons

Maybe color coding could be used? The app seems to pretty much exclusively use white, blue, and gray, but that's a really minor detail.

Jeannette from SCANPH

Virtual Conference Platform

Overall it's a good platform to transition an in-person event to virtual

Pros

Whova had the best pricing in comparison to other virtual conference platforms while still offering more features. The backend organization for an event is relatively easy to learn and makes it easy to contact exhibitors, speakers, and sponsors

Cons

Some lack of clear instructions/marketing for sponsors and exhibitors to fully understand the platform; I had to design myself

Elizabeth from Heritage Christian Services

Whova for conferences

My overall experience was good, it was nice to communicate and ask questions when needed.

Pros

I like that you can get updates regarding the sessions during the conference and also communicate with other conference attendees.

Cons

It is difficult to find the settings to receive notifications on the app.

Tom from TVB Management Company

Industry: Ranching

Convention Connection

Give this program a try and you will be hooked!

Pros

Whova is the easiest way to track your convention program schedule, connect with other attendees, make comments and stay connected throughout the event.

Cons

Not all attendees were on the app - limiting access to several of my friends.

Dagmar from Akvo Foundation

Connection

Whova supported me to get connected to other organisations in the sector

Pros

The application enabled me to quickly connect to other participants of the event. It created a sense of community

Cons

Maybe the provider could reflect on how to further encourage people to react on messages or become concrete on setting a meeting at a particular location at the event.