• Pros

• "I love how easy it is to use and navigate. It is very user friendly"

• "Samsara is very easy to implement and very easy to use."

• "I love that it has two cameras, front and interior facing, that it connects to the control module of the car, that it alerts us when the driver is distracted or unsafe and that it records audio. "

• Cons

• "Some harsh events are not really harsh, it does take the ai some time to learn. "

• "I think the sound quality is uneven and can be improved. The video retrieval process is very helpful but clumsy and needs to be improved. "

• "There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind."

Browse Samsara Reviews

L. Houston from Papa & Barkley

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Capterra reviews!

Tate from Green Ride

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

The overall features and consolidation allowed us to move iot sensors, telematics, cameras, and HOS into one platform. No other platform can claim to do each of these features as well as Samsara, and the combined price of the other solutions amount to much more than Samsara. It's truly a brilliant solution.

Erika from Awesome Refrigerated Transit of Iowa

Easy ELD program

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

Samsara seemed to be the most cost effective and user friendly product overall. We like that it also includes temp probes for our reefer trailers and we were able to purchase tablet interfaces instead of needing a specific device. The drivers can have the app backed up on their phone in case of incident and the tablet can double for them to watch training videos, access emails and messages and more.

Amy from Adcock Transport

Awesome ELD System

You do not have the usual issues with Samsara like you do with other products on the market. I have used 6 different ELD's in my career and this is by far the best yet!

Pros

Everything. Easy to use from an Admin and Driver standpoint. Hardly ever have a connection issue like you see with others on the market. If you're looking for an ELD for your fleet this is the one you want!

Cons

Nothing. Great software. You do not have the usual issues with Samsara like you do with other products on the market.

Anthony from Fast Rate Freight Inc

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Pros

I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Cons

Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

Response from Samsara

Replied August 2019

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Andres from Trinity Distributions LLC.

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

Cons

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

have more features and have E-logs, GPS, Cameras all integrated.

Jason from AM Transport Services, Inc.

Best option that continues to improve

The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

It was clear early on that the Samsara team was more responsive to questions and willing to discuss flexibility of their system.

Christopher from Premium Waters, Inc.

Great Newer System With Huge Potential

The sales rep was a bit pushy, the management is very knowledgeable and eager to work with you, and the engineer they sent to help with commissioning was very helpful in making that process go smoothly and providing effective training. Samsara is great about quick responses, I don't have to wait long with a question.

Pros

A web-based vision system administration platform means being able to check on the camera feed and make adjustments in real time on my work laptop, home computer, cellphone, or tablet. The software is easy to set up and the implementation assistance Samsara provided made commissioning a simple task when compared to other industrial vision systems. The quality of the camera is apparent from the moment you take it out of the box, and the software is made with the modern user in mind. The other thing that really impressed me was that for what you pay, you receive free feature-rich firmware and software updates to your equipment during the life of your contract. This has already improved the effectiveness of our system quite a bit.

Cons

On the hardware side, connecting the camera system to our existing line equipment was a bit difficult since the unit is designed to work on 12VDC instead of 24VDC or 120VAC which are far more common in industrial control systems. On the software side, there is a noticeable amount of lag at times when making adjustments. I'm not sure if that's connectivity or optimization issues, but it can make fine-tuning a bit difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

The web-based software platform, ease of installation, included high-quality support, and free feature-rich software/firmware updates to our system. The other vision system providers we've worked with in the past would not have been competitive in price for those features, where they even had them.

Andrew J. from Bobalew Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great product but could be better!

We own a medical transportation company with 30+ cars and with this product we can ensure our values; safe, reliable and friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

It was the best product available and the price point seemed reasonable given the quality of the solution. It delivers value.

Giorgio from Benefit Trucking

Samars is Good

Overall Samars is good but we prefer Keep Trucking due to an better user experience

Pros

Samars is very easy to use this is a must when truck drivers must troubleshoot the software for their daily option.

Cons

Samsara lacks full functionality which is needed in the current trucking environment. In the coming years, when ELD restrictions become more strict, we wont be able to alter things on AOBRD platforms, thus Samara and Keep Trucking will be the softwares for ELD in the future. We chose Keep Trucking because its a bit more user friendly in our opinion.

Christopher from NASS LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Dave from Novae Corp

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Elmo from T-J Transport, Inc.

Samsara vs Teletrac

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Ajneel from Sunrise Trucking Inc

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS. I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE. WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Hope from Site-Safe Products, LLC

Excellent Service

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Caira from Greatway Transportation Inc

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Jamie from Windy City Limousine and Bus Worldwide

Game Changing

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Ashley from Dawson Tire and Wheel

Love it!

Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Pros

I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Cons

The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

James from RESCO

Industry: Utilities

A great system

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity. It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well. A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Pros

The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Cons

Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Davide from Bergey's Leasing Inc

Honest Feedback.

From install to getting educated to the use of the information daily, it has created revenue generating opportunities in addition to our core competencies.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service along the way. The demo's helped me validate internally, and we have used other providers, but as long as Samsara has the customer support after the sale, they will wipe away any competition.

Cons

There really isn't anything about the Samsara product that we don't like.

Blanca from Heartland Meat Company

Industry: Food Production

The BEST GPS System

Pros

Software was so easy to set up and use. We also use the on dash cameras which have proven very useful in providing teaching moments to our drivers.

Cons

No cons. This has been the best product to manage our fleet.

Brady from Pipkin's Pilot Car Service LLC

nice

all good till the cams. told salesman had to have audio. frnt facing cam that he said did have audio doesnt. i got ahold of him and he said he'd get it turned on. ive called and left messages 4 times since and left messages. no reply!! called coustomer service she said she'd give him the message. its been 2 weeks now without a reply. so now im paying for something i didnt want. so to say the least im not too happy..

Pros

being able to track my fleet.

Cons

at&t spotty service.

Jeffrey from Southern Counties Lubricants LLC

Review on Samsara Camera System

The overall experience has been very positive. A lot of bad habits and behaviors has been cut down tremendously. Having this technology in the truck helps ease the minds of the driver when other vehicles are not driving in a safe manner. We had a situation on our trial timeline with a tractor trailer backed up into the front of the vehicle. The driver jumped out and automatically started hollering that "we rear ended him". The driver smiled but still was making sure the driver was ok and said "that's not what my camera says". The other driver changed his story right on the spot and apologized. The Samsara representative and our staff was very impressed on the legal aspects that this system.

Pros

- Artificial Intelligence is great - Easy to use platform - Installation was easy - Gives great overall driver information

Cons

-Waiting to see how the backup feature for the trucks work

Charles from Western Contra Costa Transit Authority

Cutting Edge Fleet Safety and Monitoring System

The company has been extremely responsive throughout our business relationship with them. They have done programming to make the software fit our unique business needs. Overall, the experience has been fantastic.

Pros

The equipment was extremely easy to install, and functioned well from the start. Video image quality is outstanding (and can be used to identify license plate information of adverse vehicles in a wide range of light conditions. Software uses artificial intelligence to identify risky driving behaviors (including rolling stops, cell phone use, distracted driving or drowsiness). The most useful feature is instant notifications by email or text when an alarm is triggered. GPS location displays are great, and access to video clips is outstanding.

Cons

We have had very few issues with the software, and are very happy overall. We had some minor issues on some older vehicles connecting to internal multiplex data, but these were quickly resolved.

Hal from Avalon Limousine Service

If you need ELD, you need Samsara.

I have used several other ELD systems and eventually found Samsara. It worked out of the box like it should and the admin website is very easy to use as well as the user app. Most of all, when any issue or question did come up, contacting Samsara customer support was simple and they were very quick to respond to our needs.

Pros

Samsara is very easy to implement and very easy to use.

Cons

There really aren't any drawbacks using Samsara.

Anthony from Mawuli Logistics LLC

Samsara for Fleets Review

So far so good. I like it

Pros

Easy to use and live reporting is really good

Cons

That it does not show zip code and full address

Shannon from C&W Transportation

Sounds silly, but it is a game changer.

The system is a problem solver. Whether it is complaints about a buses timing, a missed stop, a "where is our bus", or a call about a speeding bus, we have immediate access to the information we need. I recently had a driver lost...I was able to walk him through turn by turn how to get to his destination over our 2 way radio. It was amazing.

Pros

I think the ease of use is the best part of it all and then the real time access to all of our vehicles is fantastic. No more, "Our bus never came." I can easily look and see - yes it was a this time, the same as every other day. It also helps work with drivers who may be struggling that we did not realize were struggling.

Cons

I can honestly say nothing at this point. We under utilize the system now, but after an in person training, we are ready to get going (for real) - maybe I'll have a "least favorite", but not at this point in time.

Juan from Pro Intermodal LLC

Samsara Fleet Solution

Truly and completely satisfied. I would not choose ANY other software. I have worked with them almost 3 years and have implemented across 3 different fleets with little to no issues. It is truly a Lilium inter spinas, "a Lily among the thorns"

Pros

Accurate. Ease of use. All encompassing. ALWAYS improving and feature packed. NEXT generation LIVE tracking, 3 second delay, this is absolutely amazing. Complete and total control of the fuel usage in both trucks AND refrigerated trailers. Elog is effective and easy to manage WHEN properly used.

Cons

There is not much, just a couple of features I'd like to see implemented, HOWEVER to their credit, they have added things I have asked for which is MAGICAL.

Kevin from LKM Mowing & Landscaping

Easy to use, does most of what we need

Working with samsara has been good, initially watch out how you sign up with the overall contract, make sure you sign up through Samsara and not the financing company they send over first.

Pros

Uses google maps, so little to no learning curve on how to operate the GPS software. Quick refresh time, about 15-20 second delay from actual location when driving, very good compared to 1 minute delays from other companies. Easy to add locations in bulk through csv list importing, easy to see where vehicles are on the map and where they have been.

Cons

Route optimization would be nice, to be able to put in a list of addresses and click optimize. Currently you can only do this with delivery times, but if you are a service industry like mowing, it does not make sense to put in delivery time windows. CSV bulk address importing will duplicate entries if you upload a list with a few updates, so keep that in mind. Would be nice if it would recognize duplicates and ask if you want to update or skip them.

John from Limousine Livery

Use of Samsara in the Transportation industry; Namely Limousine/Black car Service

Overall Samsara software is a good product. The IT and Customer Service divisions are exceptional. Every person I have had to speak with or correspond through e-mail or live chat with has been professional, very helpful and the majority of the time has the answer or fix for any question or issue I have had. Additionally, they have done to in a timely manner.

Pros

*In no particular order* 1. Ability to accurately track company vehicles. 2. Ease and Speed of requesting Video Clips and the high quality images produced 3. Intelligent set up of user Dashboard 4. Ease and speed of requesting IT help through the "Chat" button 5. Ability to categorize driver and vehicles using "Tags" 6. Ease of making "Carrier Edits" 7. Ease of monitoring Driver HOS during shifts 8. Ability to toggle between map display options

Cons

*in not particular order* 1. No dedicated "Distraction" Alerts 2. When assigning a driver to a vehicle on the Dashboard in the Gateway Settings window, the system does not automatically begin logging "Drive" and "Duty" time. This function would be helpful when a driver neglects to log onto a vehicle and it would reduce the "Unassigned HOS" alerts and the need for an administrator to edit driver logs for this issue. 3. Missing a "Trip Replay" option for Dispatchers

Sharron from Bo Moses Trucking Company, Inc.

Samsara ELD's

I have used other ELD companies and Samsara is by far the best. They are quick with customer service and they have listened and helped with customer feedback about different features I would like to see. I can keep up with my fleet and I know that Samsara is there at any time to help me solve problems quickly.

Pros

I love that I can access this software anywhere and it is very user friendly. It allows me to share the dashboard with others in the office to keep up with our fleet. Our drivers also love the mobile app. It has a hotspot and so it is easy for them to be connected which allows the data to be sent to the office.

Cons

There have been a few times that when they push through updates, it slows everything down and some of the drivers have had problems with the mobile app but that is easily taken care of.

David from Transportation

Samsara Gateway and camera

Pros

Easy to use. Team driver logs accessible from same page. Reliable

Cons

I haven't have any problems using the Samsara dashboard software.

Alex from Planes Companies

A+ for Team, product and overall ease of business!

I have been very happy with their service and product. My rep can be reached practically 24hrs a day. They are always ready to help.

Pros

The software and platform are both simple yet in depth. I can do as much or little as I want.

Cons

I have no cons to report at this time. We received the newest version of their two way cams.

JIm from BesTrans/Waste Masters

VERY Good system, could use a little more durability

Overall, I am very happy with Samsara and would continue to recommend the system to others. They are very responsive and quick to help resolve any issue that do arise and it never feels like I have to "battle" to get a resolution.

Pros

The system is very easy to set up and use. The dashboard is very intuitive and and navigation is simple. The accuracy in which the system tracks the trucks is outstanding.

Cons

The durability in the hardware could use a little upgrade. They are great at swapping out defective units (or ones that go bad after a time) but it feels like we are doing this far too often in some of our trucks. Now we run a LOT of units and have over 60 units in various construction grade environments, but it still feel like we are replacing units too often.

Moss Utilitites

Its been great excellent support team too.

Pros

The dual camera and also the video camera is also great. Panel with all the information showing for your vehicle.

Cons

Nothing, It has been a great camera and GPS tracking.

john from Wm. D. Scepaniak, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Clean and easy to use interface

tremendous. the customer service and response we have experienced with Samsara is ultimately what made us choose them over other providers

Pros

My favorite aspect of Samsara is the intuitive feel of the interface. When we were discerning on which ELD and telematics provider to choose, Samsara's program felt as if i had been operating it for years. the menus are very easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish that there was a mobile app for administrators, rather than the web browser, as sometimes im not by my desktop or laptop.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

customer service, ease of use, clean operating interface

Steve from Corporate Essentials

Feature-rich platform with intuitive UI

Before using Samsara, we had no visibility over the location of our fleet, no way to verify the safe driving habits of our drivers, and mileage was tracked on paper. Samsara has solved these problems for us.

Pros

The platform's intuitive design makes it easy to get up an running quickly, and training new users is a breeze. Realtime GPS tracking, event-based alerts, and the ability to remotely view engine fault codes are super helpful for managing our fleet.

Cons

The routing feature could be improved by adding priority-based stops instead of time-based stops. This use case would work well for our on-site service team that can spend anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours at the customer's location.

David from Southwest Florida Patient Care, LLC

Great product!

Easily able to keep track of drivers, check in on live transports in progress as well as view past trips.

Pros

Ease of use online and on the vehicle app.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind...................

Allen from A L B Trucking LLC

Samsara Electronic Log Service..... the best out there in my opinion

Love the product. Used it when was leased to a terminal and liked it so much that I subscribed to using it on my own authority

Pros

Its user friendly, you can retrieve video footage of each trip, dash cam takes a picture every 2 minutes while engine is running and also videos every trip during traveling. Easy to do pre-trip inspection . Can use yard move while waiting to load and save on your actual drive time.

Cons

Doesnt change from yard move to driving automatically

Eric from E.J. Wyson Trucking Inc.

Samsara gets the job done.

We use Samsara for the ELD compliance, Onboard cameras, GPS tracking and directions as well as some communication with the drivers. It is easier to have everything in one program for the dispatchers and administrators. Easier to install one unit in the trucks that does everything and it Keeps cost under control with one solution too.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to give input on improvements or changes that make the software work better for us.

Cons

has nothing to do with the software really but the tablets we chose to run it on in our fleet are slow and the AT&T network doesn't work as well as another provider in our area.

Brian from Midwest Overhead Crane Corp.

Free Trial

Solid overall experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very nice and accommodating with anything that we needed. Overall the website works well and my drivers all said it was very user friendly.

Pros

Hookup and setup was very easy. Website is clear and not cluttered and easy to navigate.

Cons

It took me a little bit to figure out how to get in and see the cameras when videos were available.

Peter from Suisan Company, Ltd.

Great for multiple locations

Overall I am pleased with Samsara's performance and like the fact that they are constantly seeking our feedback in order to further improve the quality and functionality of the service.

Pros

Sometimes your driver is busy doing his/her job and unable to answer your call right away. I like having the real time visibility on my entire fleet. Knowing where my drivers are enables me to make quick decisions on who to assign new tasks, without having to call multiple drivers and wait for them to call me back to find out their exact locations.

Cons

Sometimes the gateway gets disconnected due to terrain and lack of a proper phone signal. However, all phone carriers have the same problem. When you reacquire the signal, the data gets updated and you're back on track.

Benn from Kuehl Trucking, LLC

Excellent product with customer service to match!!!

IFTA and HOS compliance; dispatch is better able to see and plan loads/drivers with ease. Major reduction in wasted man hours waiting for equipment to be freed up.

Pros

Ease of usage; even non-computer savvy drivers were able to learn and use it within a few days. Customer service and IT tech team willing and ready to help either the driver themselves or the office staff in fixing, investigating and/or overcoming any issue or problem that was presented to them. Fantastic bunch of folks to work with and communicate with.

Cons

Some "wish ticket" issues that have been submitted to the development team not incorporated into the software yet; told it's in progress although so is it really a con when they are willing to see an issue and work toward a solution?

James from Progistics Distribution inc.

Peace of Mind

Super friendly staff, getting the program implemented from start to finish was easy with samsara staff helping us through the process

Pros

The user interface and the fact I can provide real time coaching, routing, and also review alerts that are sent in real time. The fact that the AI is always learning and can make suggestions on what the harsh event is

Cons

Some harsh events are not really harsh, it does take the ai some time to learn.

Bill from Skinner Transfer Corp

Helpful Software

Overall the experience has been very good. We will see how the integration with our TMS provider goes and if it goes well Samsara will be second to none.

Pros

we like the accuracy and ease of use. We also like a lot of the features that Samsara has to make information sharing with external customers to cut down on man hours lost to tracking freight. We also like how easy it is for our us to implement.

Cons

At&t as Samsara's main cell and internet connection. At&t is somewhat unreliable on some of the routes we run.

Greg from Impossible Foods Inc

Industry: Research

Samsara sensor review

It has been great so far. Customer service is great and we receive fast responses whether needing a quote or technical support.

Pros

The ability to track temp Ability to go back in time all the way to when we started using the software Easy connectivity Easy install Alert features---cell phone and email

Cons

Sometimes we've had some disconnection from the system

Evan from VIP Foodservice

Industry: Wholesale

Feedback is good

Monitoring temps in trucks and warehouses is the primary reason we are using Samsara. The automated report are critical for us to log these temps, even if it historically kept in the cloud. Customer service has been quick, responsive, and helpful. However, I still need help and haven't been updated in at least two weeks.

Pros

It is easy to use, for the most part intuitive and clean looking. Functionality is decent, and I like that the map is connected to data so you can get data points when you float the map routes.

Cons

There are a few areas that could use improvement. Reporting is my biggest issue right now. It won't report on my sensors. Seems to be tied to one type of temp sensor that I have but engineering has been slow to tell me what is going on or resolve the issue.

Heidi from Delta Machine & Ironworks

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent Solution for meeting our customer's needs

Excellent! Love the representatives, they are an extension of our team!

Pros

We use the SAMSARA AG45 non-powered GPS trackers for our shipping containers. This software portal is easy to use, easy to teach to our customers and solves the problem we set out to solve at a price point we can afford.

Cons

I would like to be able to search the NOTES field from the SAMSARA portal as that is where we list the contents of our container and would help our customers get to the right container to locate the contents they're searching for. This feature is not available yet. I would also like to be able to get the current GPS coordinates without going to street view and copying it from the browser bar.

Sergio from SL Black Fox Transport, LLC

Best ELD on the market

Overall, we are thrilled with the sytem. We started using another popular eld system before this one so we have a little experience on comparing between them and this one is perfect. The log tracking is accurate, the gps tracking is impressive aswell, and with everthing, the program comes with makes my life easeir. great system, we love it

Pros

The software has everthing you might expect from an eld but with an extra kick. The ifta miles is perfect and it aleviates a lot of time when dealing with the ifta due dates. The gps fuction is acurate so no need to bother the drivers or worry when the drivers dont answer. It also has a fuction to crate a temporary gps link for the trucks wich makes it easy for our clients. No need for them to bother us with the location of the truck if they can know precisely where it is with a clik of a bottom. all in all in really happy with it

Cons

The software layout is hard to get used too. Things are not where you will instintively have them. Everthing is there, but it just seems to be scattered around the tabs. you get used to it, but for the beginning, youll get lost

Christy from Sparkman Industries, Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good product being continuously improved

Pros

We installed the gateway and dual camera on our crew trucks. I looked at lots of options before settling on Samsara, and even trialed with one other company. Any issues I have had are resolved quickly. I feel that we are a safer fleet now. I am overall very happy with the system and would recommend it.

Cons

I found the road speed limit is not always accurate and I received a lot of false alerts, so I turned those alerts off. I have enabled alerts that ensure a certain top speed is not exceeded instead. Samsara does seem to work diligently to continuously improve their product, so I will try this feature again down the line and hope that they have fixed the issue.