• Pros

• "I like the ease of use and how quickly we were up and running with Samanage. The implementation was virtually painless and went very quickly."

• "I love the ease-of-use. Samanage is extremely easy to set up and maintain. It's truly a simple product with beefy capabilities."

• "easy to implement, easy to build your own knowledge base repository. Support is quick to respond."

• Cons

• "The agent for inventory management had some weird numbering issues, but other than that, i have nothing bad to say about the software."

• "The product look, is a bit out-dated, doesn't really display well on our high-res monitors, but other than that I haven't found any cons as of right now. "

• "Could use some more customization of tables and routing fields between records- but that's a pretty high-end request and Samanage does basic ticketing very well."

Browse SolarWinds Service Desk Reviews

Patrick from Celldex Therapeutics

Industry: Biotechnology

Samanage is an easy to use solution that makes my life so much easier

We are in the pharmaceutical industry and have implemented samanage over 2 years ago. The system is perfect and easy to use which enables users to understand the problem and submit tickets!

Pros

The ease of use. The system allows the natural flow of tickets into problems, problems into changes and the audit trail is perfect for our validation/qa friends. We love that the API is easy to intergrate and have pulled in our sharepoint system with the API to automate tasks like account creation/separation.

Cons

The system could uses a few tweaks but I think this is just growing pains. The Samanage team has been straightforward with what they are implementing and changes are being released consistently. Over the past two years of having the system, I can say the updates are wonderful and truly address issues. Not purely cosmetic.

Dillon from HALEY AND ALDRICH INC

Industry: Environmental Services

Huge Upgrade

Overall experience with this product have been great so far. Our employees use this platform more than our last and they have also been able to find their own solutions more. I really love the support from the customer support a lot. The support is always right on top of any issues and I have experience very quick responses when I do need to contact them. A+ on customer support.

Pros

I like how easy the GUI is, editing the categories and assigning the ticket to a support tech is all very simple right from the first view. I also like how there is a quick view option where you can view the ticket without having to leave the screen.

Cons

We have an issue with Tasks. They cannot be changed once a service catalog item is ran which has made us have to create work around or create extra tickets in order for multiple people to work on one catalog item.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

Cost to features were a big plus. We got everything out of the box with Service Desk that we need currently.

Good Out-Of-Box product for small, scalable team

We were attempting to solve the issue of ticket management in the IT department. While it was a great out-of-the-box solution, it didn't offer the unique scalability we needed and the customer service wasn't helpful in growing the product with our needs. However, I still believe that, for a small shop, this product offers the best value for the price and is a great entry-level solution.

Pros

I like that, out-of-the-box, Samanage offers great core functionality with a stable product that ties neatly into a beautiful UI for the end users. The UI is where Samanage really knocks it out of the park though. It's modern, simplistic, "forum" layout is attractive and intuitive, and chat indicators on the tickets feels like your moving from a traditional email reply into a IM chat.

Cons

There's a lot to be desired when it comes to the fine details of the service. There are specific customization options for project management and ticket automation that aren't available that we wanted in our shop. When we reached out to our support member to discuss a possible addition/fix. They advised us to post our suggestion on their feedback board and if it received enough votes they would implement it. The same suggestion was found submitted over a year ago on the board (with over 300+ votes) yet no action was taken. I was hoping for a more, collaborative answer, instead of posting on a forum board in hopes that other members validate my need for them to implement it.

Scott from The Seven Hills School

Seven Hills School

Pros

Ease of implementation, customizable features, syncing with G Suite so users could sign in with Google.

Cons

Some of the features are not quite intuitive, for example, the chat function appears to work without setup but it's I'll need to contact support as it is not working. Some of the customizations of the user portal are a bit hard to find from the admin side.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

I liked their overall interface better.

Matthaniel from WKS Restaurant Group

Industry: Restaurants

Great Product for Helpdesk, Task Management and Software Inventory

Pros

This solution is great for tracking incidents, solutions, problems, etc for company IT departments. It provides an easy to use interface that allows for easy creation of FAQs and a Solutions Database.

Cons

There are some things bulk items that cannot be imported without the use of the API, which is a tiny bit annoying, and some of their python and Ruby API sample code is out of date or no longer maintained.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

It seemed to have a more in-depth product that gave us the detail that we needed and the integration that made our lives a little easier.

Brett from Western Stone & Metal Corp.

Great Cloud Service with Many Features, Expensive for the Full Version

Incident, problem, and change management are all extremely easy to set up and begin using due to the cloud-hosted nature of the product. As it is fully web-based, low-level training is not required for techs or users.

Pros

Easy to deploy as it is a cloud-based system. Initial setup requires low effort and detail. Branding is easy to apply, functionality is easy to test out of the gate.

Cons

Information on asset discovery, connections, and scanners feels lacking. Connecting to SCCM via the database has very little information, and after a month of attempts, it is not functional. Support has been a bit slow on response when inquiring regarding this issue, even after purchase.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

Functionality, especially with knowledge base management and self-service portal, is much better. The integrations with other systems promised also allows for much more expansion possibilities in the future.

Athena from Making Waves Academy

SWSD Gives my team room to breath

Very happy and know i made the best decision purchasing this tool for our organization.

Pros

Great inventory management, change management, SLA support, Contract management, infrastructure monitoring etc.

Cons

Data entry updates have to be done using a CSV file

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

We did not have to purchase any additional add ons to accomplish the services we need to support.

Jay from Husson University

Tremendous product that drives efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction

I've had a great experience with SW SD. As a developer the ability to create workflows and use the API has made this tool indispensable. It is also extremely helpful when trying to track down a problem that may have occurred in the past or is similar to something we're currently dealing with.

Pros

I like the easy-to-use interface, the communication history that allows us to keep track of end user needs and concerns, and the API (personally that's my favorite).

Cons

I have very few complaints. I wish the list of "filters" wouldn't show the most commonly used at the top or would at least leave those items that are commonly used also further down in the list. I feel like I'm always searching for the items I want in the list because they're not in the same place if I recently used them! Outside of that I wish there was a ticket prioritization feature (or even project management-related features).

n/a

Danielle from Warren Washington Albany ARC

Wonderful Product

The service desk has changed the IT department in a good way. We are not duplicating work (as much), we are held accountable for the things we are doing, and we are able to see if there are reoccurring issues withing the agency to know that it may be a bigger problem than one isolated incident.

Pros

That it allows for customization, and it keeps everyone on the team in the loop with how issues are handled. It also allows everyone on the team to see if another team member may need help with one of the issues that they are working on.

Cons

I haven't really found anything to complain about yet... every time there is an issue the customer service people are spot on to help resolve whatever I have found.

Alexander from City of New Brighton

Pros

Ease of use and the support team is awesome.

Cons

N/A. there are a few bugs here and there but overall very satisfied with the product.

Jean-Louis from Marin Ventures Inc

Enterprise Quality at a reasonable implementation cost.

Great ITSM alternative to the big guys, with all the same features, without the price tag. They offer a full feature trial and will help you with a PoC. Great value, positive ROI and superior TOC. Have a look at this one!

Pros

This tool is a hidden gem. Compared to it's peers in the ITSM space, SAmanage has all the features you would expect from an Enterprise ITSM without the Enterprise price tag. It's cloud based SAAS model saves you from the hassles of onprem setups, and if you are global it just works for all your users. The feature set is rich, I recommend you do a Proof of Concept (POC) with them to gain an appreciation of everything the product gives you. The on-boarding process was very well orchestrated, they guide your team through the whole implementation via a Trello board. Everything is spelled out for you, there is little risk here. Truly an Enterprise Grade Product at a reasonable SMB Total Cost of Ownership (or Subscription-ship). Worth having a look.

Cons

The product does not hit the radar in terms of "Known" go to ITSMs. So this left us to do more research and vetting with their existing clients. Also, because they are lean on price, they do not spend a lot of time "Wining and Dinning" you, and this gave us the false impression of the organization being small. They are not small as we found out in the implementation phase. They are a true SAAS so they don't have travelling sales people with territory in the traditional sense, again it gave us the wrong impression of their sophistication. Some of the features compared to the expensive ITSM packages are not as robust, but for the prices difference we can accept those as is. They meet our needs as is. I do recommend you do a PoC with them to gain a full appreciation for what they do offer and where some of their simplicity map-out for your needs.

Ronald from Knight E/A

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great platform for asset management and trouble ticket

The pricing is based upon the number of users in our network that will be accessing the system, and the number of "Managers" running the system. The salesman were very helpful in providing a great offer on the cost and have kept that pricing concept since we started. As you are starting out with basically a "Blank Page" it can seem a little overwhelming at first setting everything up to get that final functional asset management and help desk system you envision. However, there are plenty of examples and their help & support is very responsive. To me, this "Blank Page" is one of the positive aspects of the system. Basically, with some limitations, if I can imagine it, I can build it with what they have provided. This is true if you keep in mind what the original system was designed for in the first place. (The point here is simply: you would be surprised what kind of things people have asked the system to do... way beyond the scope of its design...) It easily integrates with Active Directory (AD based on Windows 2003 is no longer supported as of this writing) and has a robust permissions setup, allowing you to allow and deny users any number of "Roles" that are pre-configured or that you create as needed. The easy deployment of the agent combined with the cloud based setup allows the system to work well with users and machines working both in the corporate network, as well as outside of it in satellite offices. The "Trouble Ticketing" interface can be customized and is easy to understand and navigate. Background elements include the ability to track tickets, warn administrators of tickets that have received no response, cluster common tickets to users and machines for trend and trouble tracking, and provides what I call "Live Response", where you can see who is looking at a specific ticket or item and see their notations instantly. Probably the most impressive portion of the system is that part that most users will never see: The asset management system. Once the agent has been installed and is communicating, the amount of information provided is overwhelming at first, and yet still organized and categorized. There is even a built in tool allowing the system to know when a computers warranty is up. My reason for not giving 5 stars across the board: The system sometimes has issues tracking software as the "Suite" it is licensed under. This is not necessarily and issue with this system as it is in how it is sold.

Pros

Flexibility The "Sand Box" approach. Support. Cost effective

Cons

Printers are auto-populated, not based upon where the printer is installed from and shared from, but by every single shared instance of that printer. As a result, a single printer in an office of 200 users all sharing the same printer will show an inventory of 201 printers. Software suites, like Autodesk "Building Design Suite Premium" are sold and licensed as a single unit, even though it is a collection of some 2 dozen programs and plugins. Samanage does not have the ability automatically, to track and manage this; it shows them as a bunch of separate programs. There is a way to cheat the system and make this work, but it is a manual step that requires a bit of work to setup and manage. It's getting better, but the agents do not always refresh as quickly as I would like.

James from Alta Devices

Industry: Oil & Energy

Outstanding!

We needed a solution, and we needed one fast. We had test driven many, but something didn't feel right. Two things made us choose Samanage. The software had every feature we were looking for, and the people were excellent. From the beginning, we were treated like VIP's. We were given professional courtesy, we were given kindness and flexibility, we were shown appreciation, and we were given everything we needed to stand up the ticketing system in our environment. The staff, made us all feel like we were part of their family and we can't thank them enough. The demos were terrific, the trial was awesome, the sale itself went smooth, the implementation was perfect (including the SSO option), the support was phenomenal and the Go-Live went off without a hitch. This was just one of the best end to end experiences I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. The Samanage team are just a bunch of really cool professionals that truly care about their customers. Every call was a pleasure, and they taught us how everything worked. We have had nothing but excellent support, and we are happily enjoying all the features and functionality as we use it daily. I have personally thanked them over the phone, and in email messages, but I still can't thank them enough. We were on a hard deadline to get everything working in a very short time. The Samanage team delivered on time, and within budget. We couldn't be happier. Thank you, Samanage Team! You ROCK!!!!!! :)

Pros

Ease of use, very intuitive. As described in the demos. Evertyhing worked as expected.

Cons

It doesn't know how to make me coffee in the morning, but other than that, it's hard not to like something that makes your life easier.

Scott from Getronics

Great little ITSM

They have been a great partner to work with bending over backwards to accommodate us in our mergers and acquisitions as we consolidated tenants and imported and exported data. They listened to our feedback and incorporated some of our ideas into their final product as well. They are a company that will work with you to get the job done the way you need it done.

Pros

This is a great ITSM. We have been with them for many years and have watched them grow. They have a lot of the features of the big name systems but without the high cost. If you are looking for an ITSM that will get the job done here it is. While it does not have all the expanded features of some of the big systems it has asset management, change management, incident management and a service catalog which is all you really need to get started. Plus they have integrations with other platforms like slack for interating with your tickets. Overall a good choice for an ITSM

Cons

The only drawback would be that they are a young company and they do not have all of the in depth features of some of the big ITSM's like Servie-now and others. But then again do you really need all that complexity?

Amazing internal and external customer service portal

Asset management, asset auditing, help desk ticketing system.

Pros

Amazing help desk ticketing system, it integrates with our two email inboxes for internal and external support. Our internal employees use one address while our external clients use the other. Everything goes into the same queue and are labeled and categorized appropriately. When we comment and attach documents on a ticket via Samanage, the requester gets a nicely formatted (and extremely customizeable) email with the details. The other great thing is the asset management software, you install the agent on any company computer/phone and it gives you an immense amount of information and auditing capabilities. It will literally tell you the manufacturer and serial number of monitors plugged in (even the laptop LCD screen!) Also, support is great! You can chat with someone whenever you want and they're very good about either answering right away, or researching the issue and following up later.

Cons

It costs a decent amount, and depending on how many administrators you have the costs can jump up. But I will say it's well worth it for all the features you get.

Todd from UNI

April 2016

Strong service desk software with a lot of potential

Benefits: 1. Its easy to use and looks nice. Staff have required very little training, despite not having a centralized system. 2. Its pretty flexible. It's able to do about 90% of what we want it to do. 3. Support is active and engaged. Their community website has a lot of activity, both from others using the product as well as comments from Samanage's support. 4. Its actively developed. Recently Samanage unveiled their Labs feature, which allows areas to enable or disable new features to test out their functionality prior to implementation. 5. Reliability. Being a cloud service, you need it to be available and accessible. We've only had one minor outage during our time with Samange, and that was resolved quickly. They also provide great visibility into their uptime through a website, http://status.samanage.com Problems: 1. Filtering. Filters for incidents need additional work to become more robust. Currently, each new filter type acts as an AND filter, while multiple of the same type of filter act as OR filters. In some cases, you can't achieve the type of filter required at all. 2. Reporting. While the built-in reporting looks nice and has some decent out-of-the-box reports, it's not at the level of sophistication most organizations really need to get their full value out of this product and the data it has. For instance, there is no query builder or ad-hoc reporting, so you're limited to what you see. 3. Groups and Roles. Groups are treated like individuals, so if you report on a group's incidents and one of the members in that group has an incident, you won't see it, which is challenging. Roles are pretty robust, but a person can only belong to one role. If you have exceptions for individuals, you basically need to create a special role for each one of those cases which won't scale for large organizations. 4. SLA's and automation. The current SLA implementation is restrictive and cumbersome. And that's pretty much the only way to provide any sort of automation to routing, closing, etc. for incidents. 5. Slow feature development. Samanage has done an excellent job of rolling out various features throughout the year. However, there are some long-standing feature requests that have been in development for years and executing on them has been slow. While the above issues are a concern, I have faith they'll be addressed and result in a stronger product in the long run.

Henry from Alta Devices

Industry: Oil & Energy

Samanage Helpdesk Best!

The most granular are where Samanage stands out from the crowd is in its Dashboard and the array of reports that it generates. Upon login, the Dashboard is where users are automatically placed. It provide users with immediate inside into what's going on across the organization. Another feature I like in Samanage is its single sign-on functionality. Many of contenders failed to support this capability at all. Once users are signed on, they can be assigned different roles and groups depending upon what they need to do and what access level is required. There's also something Samanage calls "risk detection." This isn't a security tool constantly searching for code holes or digital invaders, however. Rather, it's based on the data Samanage gathers as a helpdesk and asset management tool where it uses that information to keep track of best practices, expiring licenses, and similar information that might compromise your IT organization from a financial or contract perspective. We weren't able to test this feature, so be sure to evaluate yourself thoroughly before banking on it. Samanage doesn't have everything a good help desk solution should have, but it does offer many features that are important to ITIL, including problem, incident, and change management. Samanage has a pleasing aesthetic, is fairly easy to use once you get used to it, and given its feature breadth you'll certainly find the right tool for the job somewhere in the suite.

Pros

Contains most needed features. Includes ITIL service management tools. Offers asset tracking and more reports than other help desk solutions

Cons

A lot of features but some seem unnecessary.

Scott from MLB Network

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great Interface - Still Room for Improvement

We have reduced email congestion for our team and streamlined ticket requests for our media services department.

Pros

The interface is incredibly easy to use. You can very quickly assign and respond to jobs, and make sure there is no doubling up on jobs. The mobile app also works quite well compared to others I've seen.

Cons

The software is really tailored for an IT department, and the company has been unable/unwilling to broaden their focus.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

We thought the interface was the cleanest, easiest, and most responsive

April 2016

Jeremy from Pragmatyxs, Inc.

April 2016

Samanage simplified and expanded the feature set of our current Incident Management System

Samanage helped simplify our incident management, expand our feature set and ultimately helped us increase the capabilities of our customer support and information management on the support side. We were really impressed with the import capabilities and admin capabilities provided right out of the gate. We were also impressed with the flexibility of the licensing and the willingness to help package exactly what we needed for our solution. One feature we have greatly benefited from is the Contract Management which helps us track the different contracts we hold with customers. The Service Requests have also helped guide users into providing information for their requests, making our job easier when trying to facilitate the requests and needing certain information to do so. We were not impressed with the limited capabilities of the Solutions portion of the application and this carries over to the Help Desk Portal which has no current way of organizing Solutions based on the customer or "Site", category, or any such other filters. There is only the option of displaying the solution Internally, which is good because in that view, we can create filters to organize and make sense out of the hundreds of Solutions we have created. But, we really wanted to improve the self help capabilities of the help desk portal we are provided but with the current way Solutions are shown on the portal, we can not use this feature to show customers common solutions to their problems. Overall, Samanage has been a great asset to our support team but we are hoping to see some improvements this year when it comes to permissions for viewing Solutions and also organizing solutions on the Help Desk Portal in a manner similar to how the Service Requests are displayed. I should note that since this is a SaaS solution, we instantly see improvements and features being added and the community.samanage.com site is very active. Lastly, I want to praise Samanage's help desk and engineering team which has been spot on with their support and solution delivery. We have helped to find a number of bugs and problems throughout our use and usually we will see these problems resolved within a week or less which is incredible turn around time for fixing minor issues in a software solution if you look at other companies and traditional on premise software.

Saranjit from creative werks

Solarwinds Great Ticketing system

Pros

Ease of use Able to create custom Workflows Ability to build custom reports

Cons

Procurement module can use some improvement but does what it's intended to do.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

Cost suited our business need. Support structure is much better than competitors. Ability to create custom catalog items with ease.

Ronald from Knight E/A

A great solution

Pros

They do not provide a cookie cutter package, but rather a sandbox approach, where you can make it what you need it to be. If something you want is not in there, chances are good they will add it or help you find another way.

Cons

The reporting functions are a bit inflexible at this point. It is not a deal breaker, but there are times it does not fill the need or allow as many options or format capabilities as needed. The amount of data provided about the software installed on the various systems is second to none. Their agent does an exceptional job in this area Based upon this and because of this, the system needs to allow more options for software categorization and organization. Sometimes, too many differing programs are all clumped together and are too difficult to sort. I realist that this is in part due to some software vendors and how they package their programs. But with a system as robust as this one, there should be a way to allow for more where needed. Sometimes, their instructions are a bit lacking. Too often, I am provided with an overview rather than a step-by-step instruction that at times would be a bit more helpful.

Omer from Innovative Hearth Products

Industry: Building Materials

Great Help Desk Solution

As a member of IT in a hearth company, it is very important that I serve my internal customers in a timely manner and resolve any issues that they are having and Samanage has helped me do that due to their helpdesk solution. It offers great customization in what information I see on the helpdesk page and and thus I am able to prioritize tasks according to severity. I also like the report statistics and able to view my performance over a period of time. This helps improve on service quality. Samanage support is very helpful and give an extremely fast response and are always very courteous

Pros

Customizable and clutter free helpdesk Customizable Reports Outstanding Support Supportive Community

Cons

I dont have any particular weakness in order. As I have used it throughout the years I have become appreciative of how the interface is designed. Its clutter free and lets me do my work

Sebastian from Santex

Nice UI, Awesome Customer Service, Fast evolution

For some organizations, selling the idea to have an ITSM can be difficult. They helped me to build the case and to sell the idea, they supported me in the whole process. Once they sold me the product, they showed an awesome customer service with very short turnaround time for each support request. They have a strong and active community, which is very important to share ideas and problems. The errors that I found were solved quickly and they also hear their users, by giving us the ability to push for ideas to include in the system. The inventory management is great in details and features. Some Improvement Opportunities So far, some improvements opportunities that I see can be around the SLAs which could be more flexible (structured as Target->Action, there could be more for each of them), but is not really a problem. The reports could be more flexible by allowing the user to build his own reports, and scheduling the reports to be sent to specific users The asset agent deployment for linux is a bit tricky and could be improved a lot. Mac and Windows are very straightforward and easy to install. There are and will be a number of things not covered by the product, but what they showed me so far by evolving partially from what the users propose and how fast they evolve, gives me the confidence I need to rest assure that everything that I need will eventually be there. Pros An awesome customer service and support. Great asset management. Good set of reports and dashboard capability. SLA are great at the level we use it, you can specify different targets and actions. Ability to configure different times zones and business hours of all your company sites, we have 4 offices with different times zones and so far that's working great! Allowed us to configure a service catalog, to capture and structure common requests from our users, like the request of Virtual Machines, where they always missed some data we needed. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but so far, our experience has been great, I would totally recommend this product!

Brian from Gongos Inc

Industry: Market Research

A Great Replacement for Our In House Service Desk!

We've replaced our outdated, cumbersome in-house service desk with Samanage. We're already seeing higher productivity because of the SLAs we were able to set. The automations available within the system help streamline ticket submission and remove a lot of the back and forth when information is missing.

Pros

We've had great support from day one. The support team answered all of my questions about features when we trialed the system, and they've continued the great support after we officially signed up. There are also improvements made to the platform all the time. The platform offers way more than we use it for, but it's affordable and it's something we can grow into over time.

Cons

Some basic features are missing. For instance, I can't set the system up to alert the entire team when a trouble ticket is closed. This was an important feature on our old service desk, as it let the team know when someone else sorted out an issue. This also helped share solutions among the team. Now, when a ticket is closed, it simply disappears from queue without team learning. The emails that are sent out can't be branded, and the customization of the emails is very limited. It's nice to be able to open tickets via email, but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of customization. Some sorting/filtering options don't seem to work properly. Tickets always sort by ticket number by default - not by status. This can't seem to be changed for some reason.

Jodie from Albany State University

Samanage, a true ITSM game changer!

Samanage has been a true game changer in my organization. Historically, our service desk was cumbersome, lacked functionality and really only routed tickets around, nothing more. When I first started shopping around for a new Service Desk, Samanage honestly looked to good to be true! Cloud based, built on ITIL principles, customer service feedback, built in asset inventory, knowledge base and a service catalog all in one place! Implementation was a breeze, being cloud based all of the heavy lifting is done by Samanage. All I had to do was configure it in a way to meet my organization's needs and we were ready to go live! Ticket flow and tracking is so easy in Samanage. The customer service feedback is also a very valuable tool for me to evaluate my staff on their performance. Inventory tracking allows us to keep up with who has what technology, all in one place. Overall, I explored a lot of service desk options and choosing Samanage was by far, the best choice I could have made. I look forward to continuing to use it to make my department more efficient and customer focused!

Pros

Easy, simple, cloud based, very functional

Cons

A bit pricey for smaller organizations but pricing is still on-par with other Service Desk providers

Hung from Unis Hanoi

Easy to work with, easy to integration but need more thing for workflow

We using Samanage for service desk and inventory, from 2015, we were like the first customer, we give a lot of ideas for them to improve the product. We now using Samanage for IT, Operation and HR department, for the next time we may offer to another department like Business Office. We have the plan to do some application using Samanage API for improve reporting.

Pros

API very good, can do anything with API. We also create some own application to work with the ticket, other assets by API.

Cons

Workflow part need improve more, like we need input step, Samanage should compare with other software for workflow like Kissflow, also, user interface not very friendly for the user.

Matthew from NSA Media

Samange - Cloud based Support Desk

Great software, have used this at two different firms now. Simple and easy with great reliability and reporting.

Pros

Samange is very quick to setup, customization's are easy and don't require programmers. The software has many editable fields that allow for quick reporting, SLA tracking, and user satisfaction.

Cons

The only limitation to Samange that I have seen is if you are working to resolve an item it is a one to one relationship. I would like to see the outbound emails tagged so that if a 3rd party is engaged and reply's via email it is auto captured in the system. Many to one responses are lacking.

Elizabeth from Stand For Children

Samanage review

Easy to configure and get set up. Love the agent on our computers so we get real-time insights on our assets. Everyone we've worked with at Samanage has been responsive and helpful. We started with the asset management, and now are about to expand to the service desk which looks like it has some awesome features we plan to utilize right away like workflows and Jira integration. Wish the reporting was more robust so we could automate any report we want, but we're still able to get at what we need through saved lists/searches.

Pros

Samanage agent to track assets, Jira integration for service desk

Cons

Reporting. We couldn't set up the reports any way we wanted so currently have to manually go in weekly/monthly to pull the data we want from lists instead. I wish we could customize the reports and set up the schedules to eliminate the manual steps.

Brian from Healthy Partners

Great to small to midsize companies

It's been good. There are times where I ask about something or inquire about a function and the response isn't the greatest

Pros

Being able to make it our own and implement company language(Categories, Incidents, Group Naming, Tasks)

Cons

Customer Support generally wants you to exhaust all means necessary in your own troubleshooting before they actually are of any help.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Service Desk

The cost was unmatched. And we didn't need a lot of bells and whistles like the other products have.

Cyrus from Campbell University

Expandable as you need it

This software has allowed us to track end user request for issues and see how the responses trend. It also allows us to track ongoing project with task etc. Though it is not a project managment software it does lend itself to easily manage small projects

Pros

Cons

Updates can be tricky, there is no "Test" environment to test if your data and configuration will work as you expect. So when they update you its trial by fire. Fortunately they have been pretty good about responding to any issues that have arisen.

Greg from InsideTrack

This makes project management a snap

Pros

The software is robust and full features, everything from helpdesk to asset management. Also the integrations are great, having it easily connected to our zendesk instance allowing the ability to connect issues from zendesk to assets in samanage. This also makes tracking asset warranty simple.

Cons

When we purchased samanage it seemed to be focused on the asset management. Now they've geared to push more towards the helpdesk software built into to it. Not being able to disable to and remove the options.

Samanage provides a highly visible system for user support and asset management in one platform.

Pros

I felt that SaaS was the way to go with an incident management system, and I've not been disappointed. We experienced just a few brief outages in the years when I was the administrator. There has been decent integration support for the features I've been using. I appreciate that the nomenclature follows closely with the ITIL definitions (Full disclosure: I am no ITIL expert, but from what I can tell, the effort was made to align with ITIL processes) I liked the feedback system with users. We were able to achieve a customer feedback score right at 98% positive in FY 2017.... most important thought was that it was measured and that the 2% who were unsatisfied could leave feedback as to why.

Cons

Tasks integation with the other front-line features was basically non-existent. There were a few suggestions that I provided on how to improve the software... in each case we got rapid feedback on the suggestions... but when the feedback is 'we aren't doing that.' it is about as useful as never hearing anything back.

Brad from Our Sunday Visitor

Industry: Publishing

Better than other products but needs some TLC

Pros

The biggest advantage my team has with Samanage is that you can create solutions for common issues, that you can easily attach to a ticket and not have to re-type the solution over and over again. Other then that ticketing system is fine, does what we need it to but reporting could use some enhancements.

Cons

Would like a more in depth reporting mechanism, could be that my company doesn't use the tool to the best of it's ability but there needs more vision on software/hardware we have.

Eric from Turning Technologies

Easy to configure & use Help Desk & Asset Management tool for small to medium-sized business

In the three years we've used Samanage we've had just over 7,000 tickets, we've been able to add and remove administrators and task users as needs arise and jobs change. We use it for onboarding, offboarding, inventory & ticketing. Works great.

Pros

Works great in all browers, workflow setup was easy, inventory client collects a ton of data that we've used to target hardware and software upgrades.

Terence from Loyola High School

Well designed and easy to use.

Saves time and makes it easier to manage service desk requests.

Pros

Interface is intuitive and setup is easier than most Service Desk software I've used in the past especially with the help we received from the samanage implementation team.

Cons

Adjusting and maintaining the views that I want. I'm fairly picky with how I want things arranged and depending on how I navigate through samanage, my views can revert back to defaults. I feel there should be a more consistent behavior with views.

Jason from PFSbrands

Industry: Wholesale

Great product, easy to use for the tech and the client.

Our IT team has used SolarWinds Service Desk for over 5 years. When our Customer Success department started looking for a way to track their requests, we brought them on with us. Now both groups are using the system simultaneously without overlap.

Pros

The satisfaction surveys are great. The dashboard and reporting are very helpful. They give us a good picture of how we're doing and where we can improve.

Cons

Finding a closed ticket can be difficult. I wish there were better filters in the search functionality.

A solid ticket management web app

We are getting much more accurate reports for identifying trends in end-user troubles. We have improved incident tracking and overall customer satisfaction.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to organize columns in my ticket queue according to my preferences. This has greatly improved my ability to review a very active ticket queue and quickly assess what needs immediate attention.

Cons

I lose a lot of time waiting for ticket category suggestions to populate. When the suggestion pops up, it moves it from its normal place in the list of categories. By the time this happens, I could have selected the correct category and moved on already.

Michael from Cornerstone University

Samanage - A seriously good help desk solution

Very good. 5/5 experience, overall the software works exactly as advertised.

Pros

The features work as advertised. We have used Dell Kace in the past and dumped it because of a lack of features; we switched to InvGate. InvGate was a really poor experience, and though it had a lot of features nothing operated properly and support was slow. Samanage has been the total opposite, when we run into an outage it is very quickly resolved and chat support is very responsive.

Cons

Improvements could definitely be made on the built-in reporting side of things; especially when it comes to computer inventory.

Basic Software

SolarWinds allowed us to be more collaborative in our incident management solutions and do analysis on what issues we experienced most and allowed us to come up with solutions to prevent some things from becoming major issues.

Pros

The ease of use was the best part. It was easy to set up users, make bucket queues for sections and move tickets to other sections as needed. Some systems I've worked with you couldn't move tickets to other queues is they were misrouted.

Cons

Our module was super basic and support for it was nonexistent. It was one of the biggest reasons for us switching to JIRA for service desk/incident management.

Elior from Plus500

Great Service Desk and Inventory system

We improved our SLAs using SAManage as an Incidents platform. We also now have a better understanding of the number of endpoints we have, the software installed on them etc'.

Pros

The easy deployment of the agent to all of our endpoints, that help us keep track of hardware and software inventory with great accuracy. The Service Desk feature, allowing us to maintain a productive Help Desk environment and assist our users. We also use the service desk in our billing procedure.

Cons

The UI can be improved, as sometimes in the incidents view we encounter bugs that require us to refresh \ clear the cache.

Easy to deploy, great vendor integration, and ease of use

Pros

This software is easy to use for both the administrator and the user. It includes everything we need. We will be able to use it as an asset management tool, offer a solutions database to user's, and provide a change control tool for IT Staff that will be implementing system changes. It provides user feedback when their tickets are accepted and informs them when they are complete. We will be able to track the Help Desk response time and receive customer feedback. This tool is especially helpful when being audited for SOX controls. We are often asked to provide proof of compliance and we can print out the tickets to provide auditors. It is a great overall help desk tool with a couple of extra benefits all rolled into one. The vendor has been excellent provided us with support and answering questions within hours of the time they were asked. We have had weekly meetings prior to deployment and the overall knowledge has been excellent. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a help desk soluton

easy to use for incident tracking

we wanted a more user friendly and simpler approach for our internal users and IT staff and this was a great tool. Super easy to use in comparison to other similar software I have used

Pros

I used this at work mainly as a service desk tool for our internal users. I found this super easy to use, and manage my open incident tickets. I like the interface its fairly intuitive. I particularly like the customizable dashboard view and the colour coding of statuses so its easy to see which tickets are open or need urgent attention.

Cons

the costs of adding extra administrators so we were limited.

Modern, Practical, Suitable, Low TCO

Our organization has downsized significantly in the past 3 years. Our former ITSM solution was costly to license and maintain. Without an in-house specialist, the help of a third party implementer was required to make significant changes or implement new modules. It was beginning to feel like overkill for us so it made sense to switch to something we can maintain ourselves and where cost is more in line with the size of our organization. We had to switch ITSM tools on very short notice. Thanks to a positive reference from a peer organization, we decided to evaluate Samanage before looking at anything else. The sales team was very helpful and quick to respond to all of our questions. Our trial environment was up and running in less than a day, and production ready with Incident Management.

Pros

Samanage was easy to evaluate and we were able to configure Incident Management and migrate our Knowledgebase in just under a day with next to no assistance from the Samanage team. We are pleased that we can now utilize our implementation hours to learn the more advanced automation features of Samanage.

Cons

The mobile app is nice but seems limited. There is a real opportunity here to expand its capabilites and flexibility.

Sergey from F.E. Moran

Great Service Desk solution

Pros

I like how everything ties into one interface. Change requests, incidents, asset management, service requests, problem management, knowledgebase. It makes it very easy to link and reference these items as well. The user interface is clean and easy to use.

Cons

I dislike the software management portion of this solution. It is next to useless if you need to manage software licenses or counts.

Zechariah from Movista

Great inventory management software

We do not use their app for mobile devices, we utilize their "Other section" for our device inventory.

Pros

We use this software to manage remotely deployed devices, and with the ability to pull our device IDs and ICCIDs in directly from a downloaded CSV from our MDM, it has saved us a ton of hours. The sales staff was incredibly accommodating and worked with us, as we had a very short deadline to get this software up and running. Any time we've had to call in they've treated us very well. I would definitely recommend you give them a look.

John from Mancehster University

for the most part it is easy to use and customize to the information I want.

Pros

I like the combination of asset inventory, ticket system, and users and the ability to link everything together. It is also nice to have the solutions tab and the ability to control who can see what solutions to have everything in one spot.

Cons

I don't like that not all fields in the inventory are searchable and it doesn't seem to do relative searches for close matches.

Britney from Jackson Public School District

Very great experience

Tons of benefits it helps make our job easier each day because we definitely utilize this software on a daily basis.

Pros

I like being able to schedule tickets and notify the users that we're coming; this software is definitely a major part of our daily task.

Cons

n/a-I don't have anything bad to say about the software honestly..I'm glad to have it as apart of my daily job.

Robert from CyberPower Systems Inc.

Industry: Computer Hardware

Samanage has been everything we had hoped for and more.

We now know how our IT department's time is spent, who are the users who need more help etc.

Pros

Cons

The only thing I have a problem with, and I hope they correct it soon, is that it will not pull the Microsoft Office Licenses.

Allan from Macomb / St. Clair Workforce Development Board, Inc.

Samanage is the right choice

Everyone I have dealt with has been great and easy to reach out to. Even after the configuration I am able to shoot him an email and I get a response within an hour or so.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about Samanage. To start with the entire team that worked with me on purchasing, setup/configuration, success management were all really great and were easy to work with. They are very responsive to any question I had...usually had a response back within an hour. As for the Samanage Cloud Portal it offered more than we had with Spiceworks. I am now able to combine my inventory database, procurement records and help desk all into one package. The fact that it is cloud based allows me to access it from anywhere instead of having to make sure I am at specific computers to access specific software pieces that made up our old system.

Cons

I wish that it allowed the positioning of fields and offered the capability to do depreciation within the Asset portion of the inventory.

Lee from Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great solution for help desk!

Samanage replaced two products for us.

Pros

This is a great solution for managing help desk. We are using the cloud version. Have not had any problems. There are a lot of features too. What I like most about it is the functionality of the help desk side.

Cons

None so far. This is an outstanding help desk solution.