Zendesk Reviews

4.35 / 5 (2,372) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 28 times in the last 30 days

(1,213)

1,213

• Pros

• "The interface and side menus are great and the easy of use."

• "Love the accuracy and efficiency of this software. Makes my everyday work flow so much easier and more efficient. "

• "I love that it is effective and easy to use. The communication between members is seamless and well-documented."

• Cons

• "The navigation within the internal system can initially be a bit difficult (i.e. the naming of the tabs are not always clear), but once you know where to click, it's not too bad."

• "Background workflow good but still not as flexible as others, Salesforce service cloud for example."

• "The only thing I can think of is being able to search for emails by key words and/or phrases, other than that... no real complaints. "

Browse Zendesk Reviews

Ashley from Kainos

The best professional ticketing solution

I have had several smooth years using zendesk and really love using it for every ticket incident I have to resolve.

Pros

I can manage my tickets with ease using Zendesk. It provides me with the perfect user interface to easily navigate between all my tickets and incidents. This tool is also widely used making it great for training new colleagues and customers to use this for internal systems.

Cons

The software is great however it can take a couple of hours to get used to the flow of tickets and interfaces in comparison to some other CRM software. Once familiar this is not an issue.

Ted from T&B Tube

Industry: Mining & Metals

Need help from Zendesk? Forget it. Don't even bother.

Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.

Pros

The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.

Cons

The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

A mediocre product that doesn't get better as it grows

Pros

I struggle to find good things to say. It works and rarely has performance problems. If you need very basic support ticketing and are just starting out, you could use it and be successful. We did. But the functionality and support for those organizations between startup and large corporation is nil. If we were a very large organization, I could see it being a valuable product.

Cons

1. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of business users. When you are a SaaS supporting clients who have end-users, organizing tickets and documenting issues is very important to find patterns. This is not possible in Zendesk, at least at the Team feature level. There is not a central location for information for an organization outside of a Notes box that is basically a tiny sidebar textbox that allows no formatting to make notes over time readable. 2. There is no way to reference individual comments in a ticket because individual comments do not have their own IDs. This makes it very cumbersome to keep succinct notes and refers back to my first point. The only way we can review a client's history is through wading through a bunch of tickets with an endless stream of comments. I can't get a good timeline overview of their experience and issues, which is so essential to good issue triage. 3. Lack of features for those at the less pricey levels is pretty bad. There's no way to make our contact forms more customizable (like having a message to the person on the ticket - there is only limited description area and those are question/field based) and we don't have access to conditional logic on the forms. So we are left with clients just throwing issues at us without getting good information from them to get a one-touch resolution. The way Zendesk works it forces us to give lower-quality support. 4. There's no exporting your ticket information or running any sort of report if you are using the Team or lower feature level. These, to me, should be basic features as they pertain to the most basic of needs for any support team. Not only that, it ties you to the product and punishes you for leaving. We can't move to another product because we can't take our ticket history with us. 5. The features and performance is inconsistent. For example, there are "Triggers" and "Automations". Triggers and automations are the same. The only difference is the automations are time-based. But they don't tell you that in the interface - there's nothing telling you what is required to set up the automation in order for it to pass validation, only an error message. And by following the instructions of the error message, you can still get more errors. But there's nothing there to tell you the overall requirements so you can avoid errors in the first place. And in the Triggers interface, they leave out a large amount of placeholder options for seemingly no reason, so you have to go find the placeholder references for yourself. In my opinion, Zendesk doesn't have the user in mind. They put out new features and integrations, but the core product is so severely lacking that it seems like they feel they are operating on auto-pilot and their product needs no update itself. It's a shame, because it was probably was a good product with a lot of potential back when it first started up.

Caleb from Headspace

Honestly, This is Probably the Best CX Platform for Startups

We use Zendesk as an email platform to communicate with our users (also via phone), and we also use it as a platform for our FAQs and Help Center.

Pros

- The ease of use - The customization options - Extremely user-friendly - It just makes sense - It's much easier to train people on how to use this platform than on other platforms

Cons

- Can be a little bit more expensive than its competitors - Doesn't have as much customization options as some of its competitors (i.e. Kustomer)

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

It's a little bit easier to use than Kustomer.

Easy Inter-team Communication and Customer History

I can't stress enough how easy Zendesk makes it to pass tickets back and forth between people and teams. My team gets a constant flow of tickets and we are able to keep them organized by time, urgency and topic. All customer emails and voicemails that are incoming to my department are received in Zendesk and it's very simple to either respond or make a note and pass along the ticket to the correct person. Zendesk contributes enormously to my company's efficiency and overall organization.

Pros

Zendesk allows my team (the accounts receivable team) to work seamlessly with the customer support team. On a daily basis, we pass tickets back and forth to accomplish both simple and more difficult tasks for our customers. The majority of our customer emails, voicemails and recorded calls are logged in Zendesk, so it's easy to search the history of any given customer to find out what they have contacted us about and who helped them. Zendesk makes it super simple to switch back and forth between emailing and making internal notes. A single ticket can contain customer-facing communication, a phone call recording and employee-only notes, all of which are vital to managing our customer accounts.

Cons

There are really only two things I don't like about Zendesk. First, I don't care for how it looks when two or more tickets are merged together. Instead of logging emails and notes from oldest to newest like a chain of events, Zendesk collapses one ticket into the other and you have to open both to see everything. It's just a little difficult to understand visually. Second, my company used to use a similar system called Help Scout and it was able to tell us when a customer had opened an email from us. Zendesk is not able to do that.

Fabio Junior from Digital Comics

The most complete Help Desk software

Pros

All my experiences with the ZenDesk was extremely positive. They really make it easy to run a help desk.

Cons

I can't point anything about negative experiences.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

They offer a 12 months free as a startup program.

Michael from Taskus

Good CRM for Support

Definitely a learning curve when getting set-up, but it becomes pretty powerful once you learn the functionality available.

Pros

It's very customizable and can be adapted to suit your needs. It also has quite a bit out of the box for KPI's and measurements.

Cons

It can be difficult to capture some data if you have operations across multiple contact channels. You will also most likely need to purchase add-ons to get some calculations.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

Cost effective solution that allowed for flexibility.

Erik from Tucows

Zendesk makes the customer experience better

We started using Zendesk about 8 years ago for CS, and it has now become a company-wide tool, even having internal depts using it for tickets for internal non-customer-facing work.

Pros

The software is robust, especially the search functionality. Ticket handling is great, and the way everything links together is amazing. The ability to search across the whole platform (documentation, tickets, users) all at once, is fantastic.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to view call classifications. This is a constant sticking point with advisors and QA, as it can be very hard to navigate all the many call driver classification options.

Steven from Global Payments Inc.

Great for customers, internal or external

Zen Desk was very easy to pick-up and understand. The software ran very smoothly on our systems with little to no lag. We also found it very easy to deploy both to our customer service team for customers and our IT team for internal support. The additional products just plug right in and make the solution even better.

Pros

We like how the software can easily integrate with chat and talk features. We find that our customers and internal users still enjoy contacting their support teams through multiple methods and these are two of the most commonly used.

Cons

We had some issues with the analytics initially. It looks to be something that we just have to wait out until we have enough new data created in Zen Desk. It would be nice to run against historical but we are ok with what we see even if it requires 2 systems for a while.

Sameer from Agency Partner Interactive

King of Chat Support Software

Though I'm not using Zendesk to solve my business problems, but I see Zendesk being able to solve problems for my customers. I recommend Zendesk to customers who want a top-notch customer service product for their website. This enables them to quickly answer customer queries, solve problems, and improve overall retention.

Pros

Integration is seamless. Product quality and support is top notch. Administrator interface with statistics and easy controls make like easy. Zendesk is THE customer support software which works, end of story.

Cons

Can't think of any but that I suppose there should be a free version.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

It usually depends on the situation, but Zendesk is hands down the most high quality CRM product.

Recommended if you have high volumes of support tickets

While there are a couple of issues with Zendesk, overall I find it a far preferable option to dealing with these tickets through e-mail, Slack, or a personal basis (barring cases where this would be the better solution). If you are getting enough volume of tickets that support ticket software seems like it'd help your business, you can afford to get it.

Pros

Gives you a central hub to handle support tickets (in my case, internal). Rather than handling issues faced by colleagues through e-mail or a chat program, thus, cluttering either up, you can sort it all away into a separate place. It usefully has both e-mail notification and Slack integration abilities, which means being aware right away when an issue is sent in. It also has the ability to link tickets from JIRA, so if an issue requires additional intervention from other teams, you now have that connection. Also useful is if you have some desire for anonymity (obscure/black box who specifically is handling issues), this will work far better than e-mail or Slack in providing that. There are also additional features such as stats and metrics, along with the ability to add tags to tickets, required fields, and macros to automate certain workflows. Again, if you are working extensively with handling issues of all manners, you will find Zendesk quite useful for you.

Cons

While the software does a good job of providing a central hub for managing support tickets, it has a couple of improvement points. The ability to not reopen a ticket if someone is simply thanking you would be nice, and one that has been requested a while that has never been implemented. Navigating the help center where you can write articles is a bit confusing to navigate and requires specific flows to get to view vs edit mode. Furthermore, the formatting tools you are offered for creating articles are quite limited, clunky, and awkward. If you want to write anything other than very bland and simple text, you'd be better off linking to an external site with better options, such as Google Docs.

Maddie from Lead5Media

Communicate effectively with your customers, ¡Use Zendesk!

Zendesk, has helped me to perform better the solution of any problem that our clients may have, has given us the possibility of creating automatic responses, through different forms of communication, thus, it has made my work so fast and easy. Its reporting function is also really very beneficial, to see what the trends are, in sending emails to our dissemination team. Zendesk, has a great possibility to gradually increase the functions of our companies, helping us to move towards success, in a reliable and safe way.

Pros

Zendesk, is a reliable application, your ticket collection and autocomplete form is always available. In addition, it helps us resolve inquiries about calls, through your help in responding to the distinctive clientele of different media channels, and having them move through help guides before they can engage in a conversation with managers. I like Zendesk because its tools are necessary for effective management towards the guest, they facilitate the alternation of emails and take internal notes, in addition to recording telephone calls and voice memos are only for employee use. All your tools are vital to manage the accounts of our customers. It is highly recommended, a satisfied customer is one more achievement.

Cons

The main drawback of this skillful application, is that its long-lasting features and simple to implement, are requested by customers through the community, are not added to the product, the user interface is not one of the most attractive that exist , although it presents all the functionalities implemented at the same time, so enough time is spent to fully familiarize yourself with this software and make the most of its performance. Several changes can further improve workflows or provide better interaction between the company and the clientele. Your online training is not the most complete because you do not have fasting forums or personal training. There is no free trial available to test the software before you are told to opt for a paid plan with all available features.

Pat from New Breed

Market Leader in Ticketing Software (Probably)

Overall, Zendesk allowed us to create a new ticketing platform and process for the business. Its integration with Slack drove great user adoption and encouraged submissions. This platform allowed us to report on the most common IT and biz ops issues at our org while allowing "agents" to service and help the team effectively. It's pretty ideal that you can manage your workload, triage requests, and reply to folks all in a few clicks. It's really all-in-one if you integrate with your CRM too.

Pros

Top features for me in this tool were the GoodData reporting flexibility, ticket automation, and clean user experience. We didn't leverage the knowledge base, although being able to click to directly create an article after a ticket submission seemed like a slick feature. The ability to add lots of custom fields of varying types, create automation based on those fields, and rout tickets to end users was key. There's great flexibility in what you can achieve between the user permissions, user groups, and the form/landing page as part of the tool.

Cons

Some of the out of the box reporting seemed a little bit wonky in comparison with what I would pull in the GoodData insights area. Honestly, very few cons about Zendesk, although the price is a bit steep for a ticketing platform. This being said, though, it's very powerful and you get what you pay for with software.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

The clean user interface and many features. It was less clunky/old school than some of the other options. Integration options for Zendesk were superior.

Nick from Topbox

Zendesk - Robust Ticketing Software

We used Zendesk at 3 of my last 4 jobs. The last 2 at my suggestion. We handle a diverse amount of different customer issues and its a great system to manage and track all the different interactions our customers are having as well as the agents that are handling them.

Pros

The ticketing platform was much easier to use than our antiquated ticketing service we used. I like the different options and features that Zendesk has vs some of the other companies out there.

Cons

The interface is a little tricky if you have not used it before. So unless you have a diverse knowledge of ticketing software the hill can be a little hard to climb at first, but once you do its smooth sailing from there.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

Cheaper and more options at the time of switching. Although Freshdesk was more used friendly at first, it didnt really meet our needs.

Neyda Jose from Paxata

Excellent customer service solution

This software has been really efficient since not only it allows to give a good attention to the client but also it is possible to do a follow-up to the attention agents to know who stands out the most, who are available to take care of the client and this makes that not wait for any client but all are served in the best way possible and you can solve their problems in the shortest time, there is also no way to have a collapse in the channels as there are different channels of attention that can be chosen to suit each client, that is why I think Zendesk is a tool with great potential and can be used in any type of company regardless of the size of it.

Pros

Zendesk is a customer service software with very relevant features that make me like it, one of them is that it has an extremely friendly interface, since it can be customized which allows it to be easy to use, allows the agent to have information about who the client is, in this way the help process becomes simpler and faster, the client can choose because they want to be served because this software provides different channels as an option being all in real time, besides it offers a highly efficient ticket management efficient since agents can create different notes on the same ticket and even several of them can serve the same client making the process much more efficient and the best thing is that through it you can track users as well as the tickets which is a great advantage since an order is maintained.

Cons

Despite being extremely efficient in terms of providing the most optimal tools to make the customer service process simpler and faster and adjusted to the needs of each client, this software still has some things that should improve as is the case of providing plans that can adjust more to each company since their plans has a fairly high price, also the creation of reports is very efficient but it is not easy to use so it can take more time than expected to complete the same

Michele from DoggieLawn

It's what everybody's doing

Overall, Zendesk makes customer service more efficient. As a manager, I'm able to see my employees satisfaction ratings, how long they spent that day answering emails, how long it takes them in general to answer an email, how long they spent on the phone, etc. Zendesk has been great in streamlining my customer service team while also optimizing the customer's experience.

Pros

Seems like Zendesk is the go-to for any e-commerce site these days. I wish there was another company that had the same amount of features and functionalities as zendesk does but I haven't found one. The chat widget is easy to implement and I like the option to have the "help" functionality act as a buffer between the customer and chat- we have the customer first try to find the answer to whatever question they have by searching our "help" articles. Then, if they can't find the answer they're looking for there, they can choose to chat with a live agent. This helps our customer service agents get the most out of their time- they're not chatting answering obvious questions that can be found all over our website (for the most part..).

Cons

What I like least about Zendesk is the automated "your ticket is open" and "your ticket is closed" functionality. This confuses customers a lot. We will close a ticket (email chain) and then zendesk automatically sends out to the customer a separate email that says "hour request is now closed." This really confuses customers- especially older ones. They'll send us a separate email saying "what request? what is closed" and we have to explain it to them, and then close the ticket again, thus sending the same "your request is now closed" email to them. Sometimes it's an endless circle.

Erica D. from VTR

Great software, terrible support (ironically); Hope you don't have to leave

Our company has been using Zendesk for 5-7 years. I was not personally around when we onboarded it, but I have worked with it for over 3 years now. We have terrible trouble any time we did need support, for a system problem or a question we couldn't answer ourselves via their expansive maze of KnowledgeBase. The support reps at Zendesk have been accusatory, excuse-ridden, and most of all don't even read the tickets you submit to understand the problem (Zendesk support actually became an office joke. That's about the time we decided we had to look for another tool). When we met with our Account Rep to try to get some of the issues worked out, we were told basically that we weren't even supposed to have gotten the level of support we had received, and proceeded to explain how SaaS works (we're a software company, mind you). I think Zendesk simply got too big too fast, and somewhere along the way decided that the businesses using their product aren't important anymore. They lost this long-term customer.

Pros

Zendesk as a tool does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well. We used Support + Guide products, for ticketing for our e-learning business, and also for our Self-Serve support (knowledgebase). It is full-featured, and comprehensive. As far as support rep work goes, it's simple, to the point, and it integrates well with many tool because it is such a large company. It is designed for an enterprise company.

Cons

Because it is so full-featured, it can be years' work to get everything set like you need, and they provide little to no assistance. Some of the basic settings are so deep and so spread out, you'll spend hours reading through Help articles to understand how to customize your ticket form. It is NOT small-business friendly, it is really meant for large companies with someone dedicated to maintaining this software.

Thamara from Cibersys

Quick and easy implementation to my Support Center

Zendesk is an easy-to-use, dynamic, intuitive customer service tool that allows the use of macros to optimize messages to customers. Zendesk is easy to implement and with adaptable prices. I have recommended this tool to several friends for their organizations

Pros

Zendesk is an excellent tool for the management of requirements or requests. It facilitates the management within my Support Center. It allows to automate response to our customers. Also, customize the tool according to the type of company. From this tool I manage to serve the internal and external clients of my organization. As well as, send satisfaction surveys once the support is finished. Their specific user roles allowed me to implement the tool in the organization in a short time, even without investing much time in training because it has very good material for users on the web. What I like most about Zendesk is to be able to automate the responses to clients and macros. Zendesk has elements for case management, live chat, design a knowledge base, have a panel to the client. Since we included this tool in the company we have improved our response levels in the support tickets and with this to customer service. I like the flexibility of purchase packages or use of the tool, through payment by users or agents. Also, although we have not configured it for now, it is interesting to integrate with VoIP to take the call from customers or interested parties.

Cons

Zendesk for being a tool for customer service would be interesting to link or customize good practice agreements at the service level and operational. We as a client can add response times, and define with a category that is requirements or request and that are incidents. Next, what features Zendesk would need: * Add response time according to the type of requirements or request. * Define type of requests and incidents * Get graphs by type of incidents * Get graphs with crossings between service agreements and operational agreements. This would allow us to measure the effectiveness of the support center based on agreements with customers * Have notifications every time you are consuming the time of a ticket, considering the times of agreements at the service or operational level * Have a video call

Whitney from Zillow Group

Clean and user friendly!

ZenDesk really is the best CRM I have ever used, and I was in customer service for 10 years. By far and away the most intuitive, simple and clean user experience you will have for a consumer facing CR interface.

Pros

My consumer care team went from using another CRM to ZenDesk and it was like night and day! Cluttered to organized! Overwhelming to clean and easy to navigate! The best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to search for tickets by contact, user or subject and merge those tickets into one. That way you don't have to respond to multiple ticket from the same consumer about the same issue, you can clear those all out at once while creating a better consumer experience (one outbound email). Similarly, the ability to mass select tickets and close at the same time either as Will Not Address (which is a great option) or you can mass select and close using one macro/template. This is particularly helpful when your site has experienced a glitch and you've gotten thousands of tickets about the same issue, you can close them all at once when the issue is resolved or if you have an update. Speaking of macros, having an easy place to store your personal templates as well as share the best templates from your team is a game changer. No more keeping templates stored in random docs and then copying/pasting. Overall, I love ZenDesk! It must have been desinged by people who have been in customer facing roles or focused group the pain points for CRMs incredibly well.

Cons

I really do love this product. The only thing to mention that could use improvement is the (seemingly) constant outages. There were some days where we would have to wait hours to get back in to the tool. I will say, though, customer support was always on top of it and super responsive.

Great tool for customer support

Zendesk has been an amazing tool! You have all the options you need to work more efficiently and as part of a team. It has so many features that you never stop finding new options to improve the work in the team. It is user friendly and it has a clear interface. You just need to take your time to find and learn how to apply all the features to your everyday taks. I will definitely recommend it!

Pros

It took me a while to get to know more than the basic features in this platform, and once I did I loved it. You can easily create macros, these are templates for emails or replies that you usually send. Using this feature you don't need to write all over again everytime you need to reply the same you can just find it there. You can create a lot of them and name them easily to find them later. You can even use tags to add the name of the user or any detail you may need. The other feature I use the most because we are several people in my team, is the option to assign tickets to other users. This ways you can 'send' a ticket to a colleague for him or her to reply or check it for you. It has SO many options that there is no way to name them all, and they are all super useful! The system can even detect the language of the message and assign it automatically to the member of the team that works with that language!

Cons

I am not sure I can say this is a negative thing. But I would like to see more video tutorials on how to use specific features and how they may apply to your team and company. There are a lot of help pages, but in order to find specific things you usually need to contact customer support, which is not bad, it just takes extra time.

Steve from BabyFlix

Must have app for support

We are using Zendesk for all support and it has been great. Our customers view us as a big company and we are a small company. We love Zendesk talk as it has saved us from implementing a phone system.

Pros

Integrated channel support. The ability to have customers interact seamlessly via chat, email and voice.

Cons

Would like greater interaction with account managers. We want to get the most out of the software but for the most part we have to figure that out on our own.

Price, better support functionality

Zendesk has been crucial for the success of our CS team to scale in size

Tremendous scaling benefits. Adding more users is not just easy, but we have recourse to ensure that our teams can grow at their own paces without worrying if the software can keep up. Zendesk can absolutely keep it; it does not even flinch.

Pros

Consistency: Very few service outages and very little change in UI and product structure. Both of these things create a more familiar and consistent workflow. Robust: Robust is a buzz-phrase I try and avoid using, but honestly the robustness of Zendesk is one of the primary reasons we transitioned to it away from HelpScout in 2017. Everything is fairly robust; reports, ticket indexing, integrations, customizations, admin tools, inbox monitoring, and so on. Connectedness: Zendesk makes it super easy to have specific teams stay connected with eachother; not just the support team. We can have folks all across our company set up in Zendesk to help with JIRA reports, historical sales information through Salesforce from our Salesforce admins, folks on research teams, EAMs, and so forth. We can all play in this giant Zendesk sandbox together in our own corners with ease.

Cons

Innovation: Zendesk seems to have done all of its innovation years ago as the product has achieved a plateau of functionality of features Support: I very much dislike Zendesk's support set up. The amount of money you pay them seems to have a significant impact on your ability to get quick support help. Instead, they depend heavily on an open forum system where other Zendesk users try and help support eachother. Often these support threads turn into a bash-fest with poor attitudes.

Powerful helpdesk software for better business and customer satisfaction.

Zendesk is super easy to use and to communicate with different other teams is very easy.very good customer support and it has 24/7 support .Zendesk has a great job in seriously improving their product listening to their customers and releasing new features to make their customers feel very happy. it is fully featured and comprehensive .

Pros

Zendesk is most commonly used helpdesk software for more of the business world to understand the customer concerns well and improve business style and it has very great features include it has multi channel support like email,phone,chat and social media support. it has a very great robust reporting and advanced analytics which helps in understanding the customer needs prime focusing on the requirements customer is looking for.Its has very good UI for the customer facing and very user friendly options for navigating across different options and it has flexible ticket management and with automated workflow which helps us better understand the pending issues and what are the better ways is minimizing the issues in future and additions features i like the most are as below: 1)Open API 2)We can export the tickets to view in CSV. 3)Include public and private forms 4)SSO with twitter Facebook

Cons

The least about the software is that this software is getting struck sometimes due to adequate request and on multiple selection and the latest software is now which is working very fine and fast

Nikolaos from Navarino

Industry: Maritime

Amazing tool for any customer support team

Overall, my 2 year experience using Zendesk was incredibly positive! I enjoyed both using it and configuring it and would easily recommend it to others. Plus, I think their support team did a great job, whenever we had a question we always got effective and timely replies.

Pros

I've used many ticket services in my 10+ years of experience with customer support and Zendesk is easily one of my top two choices. Incredibly easy to figure out and use!

Cons

To me the appeal of this product was its simplicity, compared to other products like Salesforce. However, if your team has complex needs then this might not be the tool for you as there is a limit to what you can do with it.

ZenDesk Makes Managing your Support Efforts a Simple & Straight Forward Process

Pros

ZenDesk makes it easy to manage your Support/Customer Service queue, offering a user-friendly dashboard, custom modes for communicating with users/customers, and bench marking statistics, both within your team and against industry averages, that help you understand how you stack up against other team members as well as competitors. With such a vast database of industries within their portfolio, ZenDesk has been able to optimize their system, helping businesses across the business spectrum. Have used this software in different industries, and it is responsive to all types of Support communication. Also gives businesses the ability to customize their system, which allows for a great feel/branding opportunity in some cases.

Cons

There are times when the software can be so user-friendly and intuitive that you feel as if you're missing some functionality. While support typically consists of straight-forward communication, there are times when incorporating additional agents in real-time would be helpful in more of a live chat setting as opposed to the "email" template where most communication takes place. That's not to say collaboration in ZenDesk is impossible as that's not the case at all, but it's not always easy to determine whether another agent is acting upon a support request (can only tell when they are viewing a ticket).

Laura from Alberta Bottle Depot Association

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Good ticketing tool, but not fully a fully customizable solution

This tool has generally met our needs, but may not have been the correct choice for our specific use. If there was an app for end-users and some further customization available, it may be able to become what we had hoped it would be. It does do what it is meant to do very well; it should just be clear that there are limits to its customization.

Pros

Web interface and app are easy for agents to use and become familiar with. Forms can be set up and customized to capture a wide range of issues and set up to auto-send to the correct departments for quick follow-up. There is an ability to set up a variety of views and to share these or keep them to a single agent if desired. Once a ticket has been created, end users can reply directly from their email, which makes it simpler for them to use. Analytic tools in Zendesk aren't bad. The permissions and available types of users are good.

Cons

There are definitely some limitations to this platform that become more evident the more familiar you become with the system. There are some settings that cannot be customized on a per-form basis, and this makes it difficult to fully customize reporting and analytics properly. There are similar limitations on SLAs, especially when there are end users that operate with different hours/days of week, so some of the blanket settings become less useful in situations like this. There is no end-user app.

Othmar from VIPdesk Connect

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

The easy ticketing system

We utilize Zendesk as our core CRM and ticketing solution for email, chat, text and analytics

Pros

The open source and compatibility with common CX tools. The low cost / high value is a substantial factor as well

Cons

Service is not as great and difficult to get help if needed. Reporting is also not as easy to set up as advertised

Cost and capabilites

Sohaib from Contour Software Pvt Ltd

Life for Support - Zendesk

Pros

I use Zendesk talk on a daily basis from past 4 years. ZD talk is being used by the company which I am working for and all our other sister concerns as well. ZD Talk has been separated by Brands in the system and we are managing the companies. Calls come in and go out from the Software and it is very rare that we face an issue and mostly it is fixed with a little bit of tweaking in the settings or providing privileges. Our whole software support team and professional services use the product to interact through it and get all personnel updated. I have myself asked many of the IT industry users to opt ZD Talk as it can be used flawlessly with less internet speed as well and it does take much of the internet usage. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the product. The most prominent Pros are I can call and transfer calls as well. Use of call recordings and merging of calls from one to another.

Cons

- The call transfer process needs some steps which should be made easier - A group of users can be made to contact or call in between themselves like an Extension system for all the users in the system - Text to Speech is not yet available - Updating case by 2 users at one time ends in an error.

Phil from Software Consulting Services

Hands down the best support ticket system available

Zendesk replaced our legacy ticket system, which was clunky and not cloud-based. With Zendesk being in the cloud, we can access customer information, ticket details, etc. from wherever we are. Perhaps most importantly, it permitted customers to give direct feedback as soon as a ticket is marked closed. This has been an invaluable tool for us in evaluating whether we're providing top-notch support.

Pros

Zendesk is extremely easy to setup and get started, and once it's up and running, it starts building itself out as a knowledge base. It's extremely easy to search the database, either by ticket #, customer name, application/category, etc. It also produces outstanding reports -- for example, the frequency with which the support staff opens/solves/closes tickets, which customers submit the most/least tickets, etc. In addition, it integrates beautifully with our CRM system (Nutshell) to provide seamless access for sales staff. With this, the sales team can see which customers have open tickets, etc. It's really great! The built-in feedback mechanism is also great, providing customers a chance to review the service received.

Cons

It's almost impossible to find something I dislike about Zendesk. I almost never hear any of the support folks complain about it, nor have I run into any problems using it myself.

Samantha from IT Solutions Consulting, Inc.

excellent tool, very useful.

Thanks to Zendesk, now everything is optimized and well organized, we can offer more productive and professional services to our customers.

Pros

The tool is easy to learn and does not require special technological skills. It provides a platform to build efficiency and responsibility quickly within a department. This has been an extremely effective tool for managing the high volume of emails that arrive, specifically for AP. Functions such as "Views" and "Reports" are excellent tools to control current tickets. The built-in spell checker is, in fact, a lifesave, You can easily track the previous ticket history in case you need to refer to a previous problem, you can combine tickets so you can know what to look for and to focus more on creating an answer, We have the macros configured to mark the tickets as spam, deliver them to another team, etc. I have more time to think about my answers and manage our inflow.

Cons

They could benefit greatly from additional email options and customizations, as well as solving some "bug" problems, since some of the features may be somewhat vague. Also, they need to improve notification to personal email because we do not have all of them and, sometimes, I can not see the customer's response on time.

Zendesk is a simple and easy to use support ticketing system that can be used by anyone.

Pros

Zendesk has always been one of the go-to solutions for helpdesk software, but they've really streamlined their system over the last few years. It's simple and easy to use with straightforward options for even those who are new to using a helpdesk system. Zendesk is basically an email support system, where all emails sent will be routed to your Zendesk dashboard and show up as support tickets. Tickets are tagged with its own ID and even cross-referenced to see if a particular sender has submitted any tickets prior, so it's easy to check through the support history. There are also pre-defined responses, allowing for quick and easy replies for typical queries. Of course, these are actually what you might believe every helpdesk system should provide, but you'll be surprised at how much you have to pay and that some don't even have these options at all. Zendesk is actually very affordable and is easily scalable.

Cons

Zendesk is great when it comes to providing the basic needs for most when it comes to a support system. However, additional useful features come at a higher premium, and certain features like chat support is actually not directly integrated into a single dashboard.

Jersson from Richard Photo Lab

Industry: Photography

Zendesk helps us serve our customers better

Overall, Zendesk is an indispensable part of our company. It has increased our productivity and customer satisfaction.

Pros

Zendesk has radically changed the efficiency of our customer service department. We are able to manage customer orders and requests in a very streamlined and efficient manner. Prior to using Zendesk, we used a shared mailbox that quickly lead to confusion, double work, and things getting missed. Now with Zendesk, we don't experience any of that. There is more accountability and less confusion.

Cons

I have not experienced any significant issues. The only con I can think of is that when I add agents, the software can become very expensive. I have seen competing softwares that are priced much lower and have more features.

Elizabeth from Mindshare

Excellent experiences with our customers thanks to Zendesk

It has helped us to optimize our performance and performance when solving the problems presented by our clients, in the same way we have streamlined so much the procedures that have allowed us to customize automatic responses, saving time and performance in the corresponding day, it also offers different channels of communication so that the client chooses the one of his preference to be available at all times. Zendesk is ideal for those computers that need tools integrated in the same platform, it will definitely exceed your expectations and direct your business to success due to the stable creation of relationships with your potential customers.

Pros

It allows us to obtain and maintain the best experiences with our customers, and adapts to any requirement automatically generates customer satisfaction and user productivity in general, allowing us to know the customer experience based on key data such as location, requirements for to be able to generate the right solution, providing you with the exact tools you need, thus building very solid relationships. It doesn't really matter how simple or complicated the situation is, thanks to this platform you can offer a range of solutions to your customers.

Cons

Specific time is needed to familiarize yourself with the system and take full advantage of its performance without neglecting any of its functionalities, in addition to using them correctly. It would be excellent if they added online training.

Subham from Next Tech Lab

Industry: Research

Easy to use Tracks all issues and provides reports Improves efficiency and service quality I love a ticketing system - and the cost of Zendesk is just right! The functions are endless, even for the basic subscription. Easy tool to use. Great customer support. It is an easy way to build a helpdesk/knowledgebase system for our clients to rely on. Quick set up. Easy to begin the process of setting up a help desk system. Nearly immediate results for customer notifications and for internal email notifications.

Pros

Flexible ticket management with automated workflow Multi-channel support: email, web, phone, chat, social media Robust reporting & advanced analytics Branded customer-facing web interface Community forums Over 100 out-of-the-box integrations with 3rd party apps Multi-brand support with linked accounts Group rules and macros Screencasting Public and private forums Multi locale (timezone and languages) REST API Salesforce & SugarCRM integrations Real time updates Open API

Cons

This caused us difficulty with our own customers. The price structure is developed by some MBA guy. It's an online platform people, get over yourself. Dropped calls constantly, not an efficient way to keep our team informed about patients, super frustrating when calls were not taken even though their were people available Zendesk have continued to charge me for months despite having a new paid account Forced to switch to Zendesk from Zopim Zendesk continue to charge my old account 6 months later Wasted many hours on their own online support. Countless emails ignored. Started a dispute with PayPal but still, I cannot elicit a response from Zendesk Their online chat denies that they are charging my account even though I have sent them screenshots of their own transaction emails I find it baffling that even in the face of such overwhelming evidence of unauthorized charges continually being made to my account that zendesk will not respond to me.

Kristen from Vernier Software & Technology

We've Strengthened Our Customer Support Thanks to Zendesk

We cannot imagine our support teams without Zendesk. Customer requests are quickly delegated between our front office, technical support teams, and marketing outreach teams—and an agent can easily look up message history to view past conversations with other agents. It helps our teams maintain the personalization that our clients need while quickly solving their questions or help requests. The best part? Our customers feel genuinely supported and heard.

Pros

Our technical and purchase support teams faced the challenge of increasing support requests as our company grew. No longer was it manageable or logical to respond to customers through a Gmail alias. With the overhead in delegation and our tricky queue needs, we found Zendesk to be the answer to our administrative woes. Not to mention our answer when it came to a tech support agent taking a well-deserved day off without worrying about their email coverage. With fluid delegation and available API integration, our support teams increased their response and decreased the average time to resolve tickets, all contributing to more satisfied customers and increased, company-wide collaboration.

Cons

The greatest challenge was forwarding a message into Zendesk while ensuring that the support personnel remembered to change the sender from the forwarded company address to the customer's address. After some investigating, our technical support team found Zendesk's developer portal to be of great value and integrated a macro that automatically changes the field. This challenge hasn't been an issue since. Zendesk is extremely customizable, and, for that, we love it.

March 2016

Lindsey from LeaseLabs

March 2016

Simple to use ticketing system!

Pros

Zendesk makes it really easy to organize all requests you receive from your in-house team to outside customers. Our team receives hundreds of tickets a week. Since we receive so many tickets, the best features Zendesk has to counter this are Triggers, Automations and Macros. With Triggers, your able to automate activities to happen based on certain criteria. For example, if a ticket gets submitted with the word "Help" in the subject line, you can program Zendesk to assign it to a specific person and to reply to the submitter with a message. Automations function in a similar way but are timed instead of instantaneous. Macros allow you to update a ticket's tags, message, and other information with a click of a button. Zendesk has done a great job to make a ticketing system that increases company efficiency. It also has a Help Desk (customer forum / QA) section that is available at a specific price tier that could save you time.

Cons

I really wish that time tracking was available for all pricing levels. It's not worth it for most teams to upgrade to the top tier of pricing just for one simple feature. Also, the reporting feature is not very thorough. This would be extremely useful if more attributes were reported on.

Zendesk is my ally!

I couldn’t be any happier with Zendesk. From the different filtering, viewing. admin options and more, I totally feel good with this tool. Distributing tickets and following up with our customers has never been so easy. I love how new tickets are under an unassigned folder, which then can be assigned to or grabbed by anyone in the team. If a customer replies, it goes back to the person who initially responded the ticket which allows us to provide continuous follow-up. Another of my favorite options: private comments; it has helped us to save important information from the ticket/customer without having to use other tools.

Pros

The reporting tab is all I need for keeping track of how the team is doing. I don't need to export the information to another tool to get numbers, they're all in this same platform. My personal favorites are the tickets stats which allow us to see a summary of how many tickets have been solved, satisfaction rating percentages and first reply time averages. These options can be easily filtered according to the time frame of my preference and if I want to check in depth, I also have the options available.

Cons

I've had a hard time with the mobile app version of Zendesk, it's not as easy to use as the desktop version. Also, he help pages should be more precise with their answers, I feel you have to go thorough so much to get to the information you want.

James from Rootandroideasy.com

Zendesk

I can live chat with a potential client and propose the product or option and make frequent sales. I receive notifications in real time and respond without having to stare at my PC screen.

Pros

Zendesk has solved so many issues in one program. Pricing is good and a fair price. I can live chat with multiple clients at the same time or one on one. I can transfer files to my clients PC without any issues and it makes my clients feel safe.

Cons

I don't have anything that i would consider bad about this software in fact it's genius!

This Customer Service tool will make your life so easy!

With this program, we have solved the issue of different channels (ticket, chat, telephone) in different platforms which made the agent's work easier as they spend less time swapping from one program to another and the rest of the team as we have a complete database and reports overview

Pros

I have been working with Zendesk for about 3 years and I am very satisfied as it is very easy to use and to set up every new feature. At the moment we use the ticketing, talk and chat features and they do their job. In all this time, we had to adapt out features to different business needs and Zendesk is very flexible regarding the customization and integration. It is also effortless to keep track on agent's activities in all the different channels and monitor the SLA and urgent request.

Cons

Zendesk has a very complete report session that is extremely easy to use but when exporting data from the settings>report tab, it does not allow you to select a starting date for reports in cvs program, so everytime we need a ticket report, we need to extract the data from the past few years which make it a very tedious and time consuming task.

Sharon from CYS Inc.

Industry: Photography

Perfect ticketing system and chat box

The ticketing system and chat have been a great addition to our website. It allowed us to provide our clients with another way to communicate with customer service when they have questions. It was very easy to install on our website and it is very easy for new employees to understand the software, so training is minimal.

Pros

The ticketing system to help customers is easy to use for employees managing it and also for customers, UX is well taught. It also offers services the complement their main product like their chat box which is very useful to answer quick questions for current and potential customers.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first how the ticketing system is separate from the chatbox, it makes sense that they're separate but just trying to figure out how to access the chat from the main panel was a little confusing when I first used it.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

Zendesk UX was a lot better and allowing one person to open multiple chats was an important functionality for us.

Tomasz from Stage 32 (stage32.com)

Great tool, lot's of options.

Pros

I started with Zendesk reluctantly, because I wasn't to thrilled about their design and some features that are a little bit less than obvious, but once you get a hang of it, it's a total life saver. I got a first year free for my startup thanks to go.co - thanks a bunch! And I've been using it ever since. I'm a huge fan of integrating stuff, and once again, I was able to easily integrate Zendesk using their API into my consoles and keep track of what's what and who's who. I know at a quick glance who's responsible for what task and who's doing what. Paired with Asana, this is the perfect work environment.

Cons

UI could be a bit better... at least for the newcomers. Maybe they could consider introducing additional features over time, I'm not really sure what the solution is, but it is a bit overwhelming at the first glance, which may make some users unwilling to try it out. With options to jump to knowledgebase, chat and other sections that aren't built for tickets, I've heard my coworkers complain that's it's a bit much.

The CRM your company needs

I love Zendesk. I suggest it to everyone to use. It's not robust like Salesforce but worth the investment.

Pros

The product is so easy to use. You can integrate any software to it to make your support processing streamlined and simple. We integrated JIRA, Slack, Gmail and TalkDesk. Zendesk also allows you to create a knowledge base within the system.

Cons

Setting up automations can be difficult, but rewarding once you have the process down. Also, searching for previous tickets for reference can be tedious and all over the place.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

Zendesk was the perfect product for our client numbers.

Kevin from Particle

Great set of features that are constantly evolving and improving, sometimes more than you need.

Pros

Zendesk does a great job at constantly improving their product, listening to their customers, and releasing new features to make their customers job's easier and better. From their basic ticketing support, to live chat, talk, and even guides, they really have it all under one roof. They have good tutorials and a pretty active community to get help from if you need it.

Cons

If you want to have something outside their ecosystem, like your own documentation pages for example, it's really hard or impossible to use their features (like their guide) in conjunction with things of your own. Some of the metrics and reporting tools they use are a bit tough to use too. They partner with GoodData for most of their metrics, but they have their own language they use to create these metrics. While there are lots of pre-made options to get many of the metrics you want, creating your own is really tough. You also cannot change how often data refreshes from once a day, so testing your metrics can be really time consuming to ensure you did it correctly.

Karen from TouchPoint Software

This product is a huge help in helping us provide excellent support.

Pros

I love that there is an app, so I can keep up with my support duties even when on the go. I like being able to report on tickets based on the client to see who needs the most support. This helps us know how we might improve our training. Being able to set our own Types is very helpful. Generic types just wouldn't do us much good. You can create macros for those tickets that can be answered with a standard email. Also, we have it set to respond to the client after a certain number of days if the ticket is pending. That prompts the client to reply and keeps us from having to wade through pending tickets manually and email the client. There is a lot more than I can learn about using the product which is also a plus! I have never used the help feature myself, so I cannot really rate that. My coworker has been pleased, though.

Cons

I wish I could set a reminder for tickets that I have claimed, but for which I need to do some more research in order to answer. I'm going to investigate and see if that option already exists and I just haven't found it. I can look trough my tickets but I would really like to set a date/time reminder inside ZenDesk.

Nick from Anderson University

Industry standard allows for integrations

Zendesk has been a great help in two specific areas -- solving problems and getting feedback when problems aren't solved (satisfaction surveys). It's been nice to see metrics each month to find out where we can improve.

Pros

The best part I like about Zendesk is the ability to integrate with other software including APIs, the Zendesk marketplace, things like Zapier, and so on. If the solution doesn't exist in Zendesk itself, there's a way to do it. In my personal opinion, I find the software intuitive, but a bit complex at the same time. Until you've gone through it and understand the layout, it might be unfamiliar if you've experienced a different ticketing system.

Cons

Creating forms in Zendesk has been really terrible in the past. Trying to arrange them and sort was awful, but they did update that part of it. They continue to get better with features, but some feature updates have been present in the community for years; not that this isn't normal for some software companies, but some of the features seem like they should at least be in a 'beta' stage.

Richard from AdvantageX Marketing

Support Agents Dream

Overall, my experience with Zendesk is very pleasant. I can keep track of all issues, questions, tasks and/or discrepancies with ease. Mostly I find myself looking through past tickets as a refresher to how much my company has overcome and the improvements made as a result.

Pros

If there has ever been an issue, Question or concern Zendesk was always there to capture it. I set my macros and off I go, responding while having a timer track my time to respond. The feature keeps my staff and clients on track so that they will never miss any inquiry. I have my Zendesk connected to my Gmail for the easiest, fastest way to communicate via email or chat. We have multiple help articles that are available to our clients which saves a lot of time for my agents as this can be a great way to get an answer quickly. Overall my company and I use this software without any hiccups and I can say for a fact I'll be working with Zendesk for all my client's support needs.

Cons

What I least liked about this software was how confusing the completion of the tickets are. For example, the "open" and "closed" ticket function can be very confusing to deal with, particularly for the client. They often receive correspondence that can be alarming when progressing through different stages of a task. My company usually is able to address this issue quickly but it does become a hassle.

Jesse from Riskalyze

Steep Learning Curve, but Worth it

I think it provides incredible power for cross-team collaboration within an organization and makes client-facing communication a breeze. Some of the functionality can seem a bit clunky/ non-intuitive when learning the system, but with thorough training and time, these can be overcome.

Pros

There are a huge number of integrations and apps that can be added to the software making limitlessly customizable. My organization uses dozens of other programs and services that had available connectivity options with Zendesk prior to our adoption of it, and was a large part of our decision to move to Zendesk. it allows for direct and personal communication with clients while allowing other internal users throughout the organization to review, learn from and share tickets.

Cons

Learning was tough and there are a lot of small nuances that take getting used to and can be annoying at first, but once learned are hardly noticeable. Certain functions such as ticket type can be a bit confusing. For example, I am still not 100% sure what, if any, functional difference there is between "Question" and "Task". If there is some way to notify me when a task is due, I have yet to find it after using the software for nearly 2 years.

George from Schoox, Inc.

Allows for a Customer Support team to grow exponentially

We have based our entire support process on Zendesk and have gotten excellent results. It allows for efficient tracking of the new tickets and their progress and integrates with Jira so that we can track any required development work. We can also track how many tickets an agent has solved and the customers' satisfaction for each one, which is very useful for internal evaluation processes.

Pros

It allows for a very efficient customization of the ticketing process based on each team's segmentations, permissions, and processes. The integrated How to articles functionality is very useful Tagging, custom common replies, automation in terms of assignments are minor things that will improve your ability to scale your team efficiently Reporting, especially combined with the GoodData integration, is excellent

Cons

For a ticketing / support platform, our support experience has not been great. We have been mainly dependent on the platform's forum A minor gripe is being able to mention a specific collaborator in an internal ticket comment so that you can work together more efficiently

Jose from MSquad

Awesome if you know what you are doing!

Customer support for several projects that I have been involved in the last five years. Also, I'm a consultant for companies who need to set it up.

Pros

Zendesk is a great customer service software for those who know what they need. So it does have lots of features and depending on what you are going to use they are fairly easy to install and set. Customer service is great as they will reply in an acceptable time. Free 30-day trials (Virtually infinite as you can create a new trial after one ends). Finally, it has a good range of prices. In my honest opinion, you just cannot go wrong with this software.

Cons

It can get pretty complex and manual to set depending on your knowledge level. If you are not tech-savvy or do not like to seat and read through articles and comments to understand how Zendesk works best, this software might not be the right choice for you. Reporting using Insights/Gooddata and Explore can get really frustrating since you have to create your own metrics for more complex reports like tags reporting.

Alisa from Ultius, Inc.

Zendesk is Functional: Customer Service...not so much

Overall, my experience has been good. It's a popular platform for a reason as it contains popular features such as reporting and analytics, easy transfers, and visitor history.

Pros

I really like their chat. It gives customers the ability to rate their support and our support representatives can request that feedback as well. I also like the variety of notifications. One is just downright cute (it's like a cow mooing). My reps easily transitioned to using this chat as we made the move from another platform.

Cons

Not that it matters a whole lot, but the UI isn't aesthetically pleasing. Also, and ironically, their customer support could use some work. I often have to reach out a second or third time to get attention.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk

It made more sense for our business.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,372 reviews