Paycor Reviews

4.36 / 5 (1,921) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 63 times in the last 30 days

(1,024)

1,024

• Pros

• "Easy to use, very intuitive, reasonably priced"

• "Great Product. Easy to learn and use. Time and Attendance makes doing payroll a breeze. Learned it in no time."

• "The website and interface is very easy to use."

• Cons

• "Some payroll functions are lacking, but overall product is good. I would like to see more development in the paygrid to make some functions more automated. "

• "It can be a little difficult to get the hang of, as there are a lot of various options to choose from, but the essentials are right there and not too hard to access."

• "The help feature is not very useful in most cases. But customer service is easy to get a hold of and quick."

Browse Paycor Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 1921 results

January 2016

RACHEL from Bahnhof Sport

Industry: Public Safety

January 2016

Overall, Nimbleschedule has been great

For a while now, the ability to track coverage for our EMS staff was a bit scattered. We never had problems with the actual scheduling -- we have a set schedule that pretty much never changes -- however it was becoming increasingly difficult to track when one person was covering for someone else's shift. It became a game of texting, guessing and questioning who was covering for whom." It was getting confusing and needed some serious help. Being a small town volunteer organization, we don't have a lot of money to spend. So finding an inexpensive solution that was also very easy for some not-so-tech-savvy people to use was key. Nimbleschedule fits the bill perfectly. I am very surprised at how many of my members actually use it. Though I do have a few items that I wish were different, overall Nimbleschedule has been a wonderful tool for our service.

Pros

*Fairly easy to use - One you get a hang for what certain features do, it is very easy to use and a schedule can be set up pretty quickly. I can do a year's worth of scheduling for a dozen people in about a half an hour. *The app and web consoles are both very easy to interpret - Adding people to the schedule means I have to pay for them to use the app, whether they use it or not. The app and website are so easy for them to use, I am surprised how many of them say they actually use it regularly. *Lots of customization - I love all of the information it allows me to enter about my staff. The ability to turn certain notifications on and off for each individual is great too. It is completely customizable, which is great. *Announcements/SMS texts - Group texts are great, but can get messy when everyone starts replying. The announcements feature has been great. I use it to let people know about large span schedule changes, training opportunities and general housekeeping notes. The extra $1 per person per year is completely worth it for everyone to get a text when I post a schedule change or announcement.

Cons

*Inability to turn certain features off - Since our service relies on coverage, we cannot just request time off. The shift needs to be traded. I wish I could turn off the "request time off" feature so that it doesn't get used at all. *Positions do not automatically update - I have several members licensed at an MFR level. Last year I had 1, and this year will have more who's license will increase to an EMT-Basic level. When I change their position in their profile, it does not automatically update on the schedule. I may be doing something wrong, but the only thing I have found I can do to get them to show at their new level is to delete their schedule and re-enter it. *Inability to create overnight/multi-day shifts - This is probably my biggest drawback about Nimbleschedule. Admittedly we have some pretty weird schedules. Most of my shifts are overnight and all-weekend shifts. The weekend shifts span 60 hours, and overnights are from 6 PM to 6 AM. As it stands now, in order for a shift to accurately span multiple days on the schedule, multiple shifts need to be created. It would be very helpful to be able to enter dates as well as times for shift start and end times, so that I am not creating 12 different shifts (4 different shifts (Fri night, Sat, Sun and Mon morning) for 3 people) for every weekend.

Kathy from We Insure, Inc.

Best Payroll System

Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately. Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons

While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Paycor provided the best demo, best price for what we were looking for with options that we could add later and again ease of use.

Anthony from NI Museum

Good option for managing hours and payroll

Overall, Paycor is a good time to manage payroll and hr needs.

Pros

Paycor is a good tool for tracking and managing employee hours. It offers an all-in-one software to manage your hr needs.

Cons

The message center is not intuitive and viewing and deleting messages can be frustrating. The table used to enter hours could be more user friendly.

Response from Paycor

Replied June 2020

Hi Anthony, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.

October 2015

Sara from Nursing Evolutions

2.5

October 2015

Mostly positive experience with NimbleSchedule

Pros

In general, I am very happy with this product as the person putting together the schedules! It is easy to see when requests are put in, and it is nice that our nurses can easily pick up shifts and we do not have to deal as much with filling in open shifts. It is very helpful that we cannot double book an employee - I'm sure that has saved me countless times. I have had a good experience with Nimble for the most part.

Cons

Occasionally when our employees look at the month view of their schedule, the program switches days and patient accounts. This is the biggest flaw we have encountered. It is also sometimes a pain to enter shift times, though that is becoming less of a hassle as I am becoming more comfortable with the program. On holidays, it is great that they are all entered so we cannot forget what day the holidays are, but I have found that the system also blocks out all employees as "unavailable" on every holiday. This has caused some confusion and made those days a little bit harder to deal with. I have also noticed that it is possible to double book a shift - something that we have to watch for closely but it is also helpful when we are setting up mentor shifts where we actually intentionally double book! One last thing - it is hard (depending on account label colors) to print visible calendars.

Great app to be on the top of payroll related information

Gives me easy quick accessory anything related to payroll and employees information if need it. 24/7 access on the phone

Pros

Easy quick access to vacation sick hours, paystubs, employees information of need it. Very user friendly app.

Cons

So far I love it, only our hr department time to time can't keep up to update, but That has nothing to do with the app

Response from Paycor

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that Paycor is easy to use. Have a great day!

Kristin from Anesthesia and Pain Specialists of Bowling Green

Overall a Helpful Product For our Business

I really like the Perform HR. Also, whenever I have to call the support team, they've always been very friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that each employee has their own profile where we can store all of their information including performance reviews, disciplinary action, compensation information...everything is right there that I need for the employee. It's pretty simple to use, too.

Cons

The Time and Attendance feature was most challenging for me to learn and navigate, but once I got it, after numerous calls and emails from support, I understand it better and it's fine. Figuring out how to run reports was most challenging for me.

Nick from Good Shepherd Catholic School

Works Great but Seems Difficult to Set Up

Paycor is an excellent payroll solution overall. Make sure you have your ducks in a row before switching from another payroll program. It helps our employees and the company stay on track with pay checks and benefits tracking. It is filled with features that are easy to access, but not overwhelming. I highly recommend Paycor.

Pros

My company uses this for payroll, and I have never had any problem with it. It always logs me in just fine and navigating both their website and mobile app is very easy and intuitive. It lets you look at pay stubs and gives easy to read breakdowns of deductions and taxes on every stub. It offers a countdown to payday for people who care about that. It is filled with features and the layout is such that everything is accessible, but at the same time not in your face and overwhelming. It really is a well built front end.

Cons

We transitioned to this software from another company, and it was a headache. People lost benefits and time off. People were skipped on Payday. This could have been issues on our end, but it seemed like Paycor did not do much to help out. Other than that there have been no other negative incidents to speak of.

Jennifer from DPC

User friendly and priced comparable

I have used this product for several years and find it to be a perfect fit for our Church.

Pros

We are on a once a month payroll schedule and I find this platform to be very user friendly. We are also 100% online / direct deposit which the platform is perfect for that. As a non profit smaller scale organization the price is competitive as well.

Cons

The reporting can be a bit overwhelming and offer way to may options when you just want a birthday list with names.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Cost and flexibility to meet our needs

Andy from Azzip Pizza, LLC

Lots of Headaches, Poor Support

Moving from paper onboarding processes, Paycor has brought clear improvements to our workflows. However, the consistently poor customer support and the Paycor team's lack of ability to resolve issues with our account has us exploring other options.

Pros

Scheduling - Pro version offers a team chat function that is a decently effective team communication tool (think simple Slack), and offers solid scheduling flexibility for employee scheduling that fits our business needs. We needed an option that allowed employees to communicate their availability on a week-to-week basis and Paycor's option largely supports that. Easy to learn - really, the system is pretty easy to learn and get up to speed for new users. Onboarding - certainly offered a cleaner and easier onboarding experience for new hire paperwork than our prior system.

Cons

Customer support - Support teams seem overwhelmed at all times. You never reach "your" customer service rep as they are busy serving 300 other clients like you. They lack follow through on completing tasks (expect to do some hand-holding) and follow up communication is poor. Integration - no real ownership from the implementation team to help us successful onboard. Communication from Paycor team was severely lacking throughout the onboarding process. Multi-systems - ATS, Scheduling, Benefits, and HR are really 4 separate systems integrated together. They mostly play nicely until they don't. Makes for an awkward user experience at times too. Buggy - We have experienced on-going software issues that have yet to reach a resolution. Feedback from us and other Paycor users in the Paycor Ideas channel seems to show a small response, desire, or ability to make improvements from user suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

The scheduling side of the platform was the biggest draw to Paycor for our team as we compared it to competitor options. This aspect of the system has largely delivered the benefits we were hoping for, but other aspects of the experience are pushing us to reconsider other options for our HR Software platform.

Response from Paycor

Replied March 2020

Hi Andy, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Nishal from CSCI

Disappointing user of Paycor

Overall not a bad experience, but not the best experience either.

Pros

I guess the best part of the application is the Geo-Location lock-in.

Cons

The fact that I cant pause/break whilst I am in the middle of a shift, there should be a Lunch Break/Break function

Danielle from Communication Data Link

Stuck with disappointment

I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week. I honestly want to look for something different, but I feel stuck since we just went through the transfer last year. I have 150 employees and I don't want to put them through another change so quickly. I would change if I could and I would not recommend this to anyone. This is my last hope to try to get someone's attention, 4 months ago I expressed all my frustration with the sales people and was hopeful for some change, but nothing has changed.

Pros

I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

Cons

Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people that sold me on Paycor. I have been working on getting a user simple access to review our time cards and it is taking 3 weeks now. I called the support team, they told me it was fixed (it was not). I then created a case number by reaching out to through their support email, a week later I had to follow up with another phone call and they told me they had not even started working on this, so I had to sit on the phone for an hour while they worked on it.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

They had a stronger payroll system and a spanish version for users.

Tami from Salina Area Technical College

Payroll software that meets business needs

Paycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.

Pros

The report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.

Cons

I like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.

Cost and functionality

SHERYL from Newman Sanitary Gasket Company

Industry: Plastics

Easy to use payroll software

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

The ability to assign general ledger numbers to departments and the ability to code my employee hours into multiple departments and the fact that I can enter all the payroll data myself without having to use a CSR.

Janel from Renaissance Kids

Excellent customer service, beautiful and easy to use (previous NimbleSchedule user)

Pros

We heavily depend on Ximble for our scheduling and time clocking system, and more for the latter. Ximble has features that other similar platforms do not offer which we mostly use: the automatic deduction of unpaid breaks in the payroll report, automatically generating timesheets/payroll reports, and the time clocking app for tablets and smartphones. The interface is beautiful, looks fresh and modern. It seemed well thought of and well planned, considering the ease of use and an overall pleasant experience. Customer Service: I think this is the BEST feature. Customer service seems to be the top priority. There is always someone available to talk to for questions and support. I never had to wait so long for a response and the responses are always thoughtful, accurate, courteous, professional and satisfactory. I have had some really BIG issues with Ximble (and NimbleSchedule) in the past but my concerns were taken seriously and immediate actions were done. It really is very important for us to be able to connect with someone when issues arise. Overall: Ximble is ever-growing and always open to changes and suggestions. It's not a system that is set in stone and it is willing to accommodate users to make the best experience and offer the best service possible. I am impressed with the quick responses and support it gives users. I think it's worth the money to have this kind of support than just handing me a software and have to deal with it myself!

Cons

The switch from NimbleSchedule to Ximble wasn't as smooth as I hoped. I expected at least the bare minimum of having all NimbleSchedule features in Ximble and then more. I loved NimbleSchedule but there were issues that Ximble was able to fix so I'm not complaining! Every new software needs some adjustment period and I think I've overcome this and has learned to like Ximble so far. Because we heavily rely on the payroll reports that Ximble generates for us, it is a pain to print each report for all of our 64 employees one by one. IT would be ideal if there is an option to print all timesheets with just one click of a button (like NimbleSchedule did). We prefer the layout of the reports through the website and not the exported CSV version which looks a lot more cluttered and not easy to read. I would also prefer for fewer pages to load when clicking on buttons to save on time. (Saving time is always a plus for me). Example: When clicking "add clock in", instead of having to open a whole new page, it would be beneficial if the same page enabled a box to add this information. The "notes" section feature on the payroll report was removed but this is a vital component of our payroll reports. I requested if they can consider returning this feature. A few bugs here and there that I would always bring to Ximble's attention to get fixed and they get on it quick! Could be more user-friendly and intuitive.

Ty from Slingshot

Excellent scheduling and employee management software

NimbleSchedule provides an excellent tool for business owners like myself to schedule employees and track clock-in and clock-out times. PROS: Features: They have a lot of robust features that allow us to run reports and have a snapshot of who was late or absent for each pay period, check what breaks employees are taking, etc. QR code time clocking: NimbleSchedule also offers the ability to clock in and out with a QR code that employees have from their NimbleSchedule phone app. We printed each employees QR code and put it with their door keycard on a lanyard keycard holder. Then we have a tablet near the front desk so employees can come in the door, hold their badge up to the tablet and clock in. Then do the same when they leave to clock out. Tablet Admin App: As mentioned previously, they have an admin side mobile app that uses the front camera on a tablet or mobile device that employees can use to scan their QR code and clock in or out. It works great and positioning that near the doors to our office really helps employees not forget to clock in or out and causing more work for our office admin. Support: Amazing support and nearly always available via live chat when logged in on the back-end CONS: Only con that has negatively effected us is that there is no way to limit clocking in or out on a mobile device to a certain geographical area or based on IP address. They have this feature that only allows employees to clock in if they are on certain IP addresses in the desktop version. However, in the mobile app there is no way to restrict that so we had to disable clocking in or out from the mobile app. It's really not a huge deal since they can use their QR code and clock with the tablet but it would be a nice feature to have. Overall scoring: 4.5/5 - highly recommended. NimbleSchedule works for nearly all of our needs and rarely has issues. Couple that with their AMAZING support and it is a clear winner.

Jennifer from Detroit Regional Chamber

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Good software solution with room for growth

Overall I think it is a great business solution and time saver. The information captured and stored is very helpful for reporting and I am able to instantly generate useful information. I also appreciate that they are consistently making improvements and evolving the software to best meet the needs of their clients. There are options available to make suggestions and follow them along the process of review through implementation.

Pros

We use multiple features within the Paycor platform ( payroll, benefits enrollment, time and attendance and reporting . I find them all to be helpful, although, some are better functioning than others. For payroll processing and new hire onboarding Paycor has been a great solution. All I need to enter upon hiring a new person is their name and email and the onboarding process is initiated. Our employee information is now more up-to-date and accurate not to mention the time that is saved with manual entry.

Cons

For us the attendant solution and customer support would be areas for improvement. We have a non-standard set up for time and attendance which causes some confusion and manual entry. Although, I typically can get a hold of customer support within a few minutes many times I find explaining our problem and getting it resolved takes several emails and can take days/weeks. Additionally I find having dedicated tech-support to be more cumbersome then general support. Most times I find our individual contact is not available and there is a decent amount of turnover making dedicated team members seem irrelevant.

Price was a big factor

February 2015

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

February 2015

Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!

Pros

It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check! The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking time off and scheduling different leaves for our staff, and it's easy to make a change to the reason or day if needed. The HR piece of Paycor has simplified things for me in that I have changed our benefits to an online enrollment (fabulous). I've utilized the forms and documents section for a central location to refer all employees to, and the company news lets me put time sensitive materials on there. Paycor has been very easy to work with and extremely helpful. I like having a specialist for each piece of the product; I can call and present my problem without having to be passed to five different departments. They are prompt in resolving my problem and very courteous.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.

Tami from Salina Area Technical College

Not just the product, the employees care!

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me. Paycor is also a company that listens to the customers. Not all companies have the same needs but with Paycor you have the ability to make suggestions for changes and they really do monitor these and make changes. Every quarter they have updates of things they have changed or improved. It is nice to have a company that strives to make it customers jobs easier. The software itself is easy to navigate and use. I have found the reporting feature to be of great value. I have several reports that need to be customized, this includes the order of the columns, adding formulas and sub-strings, to detailed employee information. My specialist helped me create a report for our workers compensation audit which saved me over 8 hours of work! I have also been able to customize reports that I need to run once a year, it is so nice to just be able to go in an hit "run report" and it's done. Paycor also saved me a lot of time and concern last year with the 1095 forms. My specialist worked with me to ensure all the information was correct and then Paycor took care of the rest. What a relief that was, I didn' t have to worry about missing any deadlines or mailings. If you aren't using a payroll provider or you are looking for a different one I would strongly encourage you to contact Paycor as they are definitely a top notch company!

Pros

The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Alison from Advance Services, Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

time saver and very user friendly!

I have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that are available. I can customize and share reports with others in my department. I also love that I can schedule reports to run and e-mail out. The HR module has greatly helped streamline our benefit and and HR management. Employees are able to view and manager their own profiles, which again saves a lot of time. Overall, I have been very happy with Paycor Perform and the benefits it has provided to our company.

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization

Cons

There are areas of reporting and employee record set up that I wish i could customize more. also, we tend to have disruption in our scheduled reporting when there is a Quarterly Update. Also, the implementation process was bumpy at times in terms of time frams and communications, but at the end we were very happy with the product

Lisa from University Christian School

We have been able to better track our payroll and labor allocation. It integrates with our benefits program and cuts down on input. Audits go smoother with the reports that we are able to generate; both the pre-made reports and the report generator. I was a little aprehensive when I came into this position. It was quite abruptly and with little training, but I have come to really like this program and it makes my job run a little smoother.

Pros

The product is easy to use. They have great tutorials to help you with areas you are not familiar with. If you need to call in, the customer service is exceptional. They are always friendly and work to the resolution of the call.

Cons

Navigation between the areas is a little rough. There are times that I have to maneuver to another area for information and once the information is obtained, I have to maneuver back to the area I was in. If all the areas could be interconnected that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to designate hours and pay to a department. Currently, all hours and or pay have to be allocated to the different departments.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

I was not part of the purchasing process.

Dione from Sisters of St. Benedict

Industry: Philanthropy

Paycor Perform is my first system of this type

Aside from the following issues, I've had some very friendly & helpful service. I do not have other experience with programs/companies like this to compare functionality/quality so it is really difficult for me to discern some of the ratings. 1) Some people in the same departmental/hr vs t&a vs payroll areas do things differently so if your rep is busy and doesn't respond to your e-mails for a week, a new person does not understand some of your functions. 2) I've had trouble with my reporting features not providing correct information and it worries me that there might be even more higher priority type items that are also not reporting or working correctly. 3) The two sides are not cohesive, such as calling someone a manager on one side and a supervisor on the other. I like that you can make them two different people, but calling them different names is confusing.

Pros

Almost always receive friendly helpful service. There are many options for customization. Mostly an easy to read and use interface.

Cons

If you don't set it up, some of the additional benefit/functions are very difficult to understand. I often have trouble setting up various items and would like to have a preview/test button before I share something to everyone, etc. The "OK" button after punching in/out is causing many double punches from people pressing Enter on their keyboards. Many employees complained for the lack of insight & instruction to the changes on this when they were made and do not think this particular interface is user friendly.

Paycor

Overall it is good software. It does have some areas that just could be better. I believe with a little time these issues could be addressed and corrected. Making the software very valuable to any company.

Pros

This software is good for tracking available hours for vacation and time off request. Also it allows employees to access their tax information electronically.

Cons

I dont like that this software doesnt provide the user with much information on how to use it. You pretty much have to teach yourself how to navigate the program. Which is fine but can be very frustrating. Also if you forget your password you only have 3 attempts to get it right or you will be locked out of your account. Then you have to contact the administrator to reset password. Its great security but very inconvenient for the user especially if you need to access your account immediately. It usually takes days of waiting to get the administrator to complete the reset.

Response from Paycor

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Jennifer from Global Graphene Group

Great Customer Service!

The online Paycor platform is user-friendly and intuitive. Anyone who has worked in any type of payroll environment would find the platform easy to navigate with very little instruction. There are features that I do find to be superior to ADP, the payroll service I have previously used. I like how the employees are organized and the ease with which I can navigate from employee to employee. I also like the payroll process itself and how pre-post reports are available much more quickly than similar reports were available to me when using ADP. Finally, and most importantly, the customer service\support is far superior to ADP. With ADP, there was a customer service line to call and you would be routed to the first available representative. Sometimes you would get a very helpful, knowledgeable person. However, sometimes you wouldn't. And you would never get the same person twice, even if you had to call in again regarding the same issue. So, you would have to waste time either explaining again or giving the rep your case number to look up and wait while they review case notes. And they were not allowed to provide their direct contact information; you always had to call the main number and take the representative you got. But with Paycor, you have a dedicated representative that you can reach via e-mail or phone. This saves so much time for everyone because they already know about your business and your payroll and can help quickly and easily. Also, if an issue you have had before arises again, you don't have to explain it all over again to a new person. I have only been working with Paycor for about 4 weeks now and I am already completely satisfied with my experience.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, presentation of database information

Cons

Cannot delete many things once they have been put in. For example, I made a mistake on someone's direct deposit record. I chose the incorrect deduction code on a direct deposit. I could not change the field once it was populated and saved. So, I had to turn that direct deposit off and enter the new correct information in a separate record. Would have been much easier to be able to edit that deduction code on the existing record.

Jim from Riverhills Neuroscience

Gets the job done, with little followup

This really gets the job done well and we are able to track several areas of organizational allocations and tax tracking which we were not able to track with another popular software. Once a change is made, I can be assured it will come over in the run properly.

Pros

Much of the software is quite intuitive. I have used other payroll software as well, but this simply makes sense. General area for profile, pay, deductions, with several areas for specifically coding org codes and working with allocations. It seems to be able to do what we need. Questions are dealt with fairly quickly, although during tax time the wait for a live person can be 15-20 minutes.

Cons

We had set up several different codes for 401(k), which the software did not combine for a total amount, so it was necessary to manually track for a couple employees. This was unfortunate, but didn't affect us too bad. The report writing is better than many companies I have worked with.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

As mentioned, Paycor was able to break out some technical allocations and track them better than other companies. I am pleased with what we have been able to do with the software. Their ACA Reporting is extremely easy as well.

Response from Paycor

Replied January 2020

Hi Jim - thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is intuitive and easy to use. Have a wonderful day!

Cesar from UNIV-Politecnica Territorial de Aragua

Paycor's a vital element for the efficient management of human talent from the web

The organization has optimized from the work per hour required in reality, as the development of data that allow you to optimize the preparation of the payroll and therefore the accounting and finance of the company. In addition to the Paycor applicant tracking system, the company has been able to optimize its recruitment and selection of qualified personnel.

Pros

The software is very useful because its integrated tools provide me with a virtual environment to manage from its graphical interface the assistance of the staff, as their time of stay in the premises, in addition the graphics tool allows me to generate basic inputs for the construction of the reports that the other instances of the organization require in terms of the need for personnel and the preparation of the payroll. It is very good because it is also compatible with several operating systems such as Mac OS, independent operating system, Windows 8.

Cons

The difficulty has been in reaching the precision levels of automating the tracking of employee hours based on their actual work hours in the company and although administrators can configure workflows and distribute permissions to several users according to the roles, his workstation is cumbersome at the system level to translate all those variations of the programming that the tool has with reality.

David from Virginia Transportation Corporation

Good product for employees and managers

They were very helpful when adding me as the IT contact. They made that process straight forward and gave me all the support I needed to activate SSO for our company. I am not sure if the issues we have with the software are because of how we want to use it or limitations of the software.

Pros

Integrates with Active Directory Single Sign On Intuitive for managers to approve time off, time cards, correct punches. Easy for users to clock in and out. Request time off and see approval or denials.

Cons

When managing multiple employees switching between them quickly and find the information you need is not always obvious.

Response from Paycor

Replied February 2020

Hi David - Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that the product is easy to use. Have a wonderful day!

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

HR in the Cloud

Moving from ADP was a vast improvement, even with the note cons. Paycor is comparatively modern and offers a more robust platform for HR needs in the cloud. Employee satisfaction with recording time, leave, and access to forms and legal documents improved dramatically with Paycor.

Pros

It offers broad coverage of HR needs, including tracking time and leave, payroll processing, access to legal forms and employee files, etc. Paycor has seen marked improvement over the years I've been using it, now sporting a useful dashboard that presents the most-needed information at a glance. I like that when I log on I'm immediately presented with my leave balances, the date of my next paycheck, and access to the individuals that report to me. The Paycor interface is easy to navigate, place oft-accessed categories in logical places. Coming from ADP, Paycor was a huge step forward in functionality and ease of use.

Cons

While the worksheet for entering leave and time worked has been redesigned, the employee management area (where a supervisor approves leave, time cards, and tracks employee projects) remains dated and does not match the rest of the site. The form for recording employee progress toward goal completion and completing employee reviews allows only three types of fields, lacks conditional logic, and does not port employee entries to the supervisor rating form. These areas need a lot of work before Paycor becomes a true one-stop shop for our HR needs.

Ken from Agape Home Healthcare

Paycor Perform truly Performs

Pros

Paycor is rich in functionality. It does a great job in time keeping and has performed for payroll flawlessly once the bugs were worked out (which are inevitable when converting to a new system). Just about everything can be tweaked and changed to conform to a companies policies. You can drill down deep to give customized access to companies, groups, and even individuals in that you can assign a group to an individual, then customize their unique profile to give them access to the specific functions they need. The reporting is about as complete as you could want. There are standard reporting templates for just about anything you need, then you can customize these or build from scratch and keep the reports you want to use on a regular basis. Their help desk people are amazing and respond quickly with solutions. They are not hesitant to bring in other help desk employees if the answer is outside of their knowledge base.

Cons

Because the program is so rich in features, sometimes you need to use the 'Help' features to learn how to do something new, or refresh yourself. The 'Help' feature leaves a lot to be desired. When you search a feature, you usually get mostly questions from other users and even if you are very specific on what you are searching for, you often have to dig through a few pages to find your solution.

Carla from VoiceNation, LLC

Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting

I have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.

Pros

Definitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.

Cons

Some of the setups for earnings and payroll deductions are not clear.

Lina from Portage Park Animal Hospital & Dental Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Best payroll software ever

Overall a very happy client. Use it daily for managing employee information and their payroll needs, and loving it.

Pros

Easy and simple for hands-on approach to payroll management even during the complex times. The software is rapidly updated with changing of times such as setting up new earnings codes for COVID related leaves. Easy to learn, to use, to navigate. Friendly screens, interface.

Cons

1) It would be nice to have a dedicated payroll rep whom we could contact directly like we used to 5 years ago. 2) Sometimes I have to call in to be able to generate more complex reports that are not available to admins/users with our online access.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

User friendly, most hands on approach, loved navigating my way around it.

Response from Paycor

Replied June 2020

Hi Lina, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Ethan from A.C.D

Used for clocking in and out and scheduling.

When it works, it works great. Allows for clocking in and clocking out with ease. When scheduling lately, the program has some bugs that they need to work out.

Pros

I like that you are able to easily clock in and out for shifts as well as schedule the employees for future dates.

Cons

After Ximble got bought out by a different company (Paycor), the online scheduling function has a glitch where you cannot "edit" scheduled times. It does not change the time on the schedule and you have to delete the old schedule and create a whole new one. Wastes a lot of time for me.

May 2014

May 2014

Best product on the market!

This is a great product! The ease of the system goes above and beyond my expectations. I love entering a new hire into the HR piece and everything is ready to go in payroll. There aren't a bunch of screens to go through, you scroll down and enter all information at once. Payroll is a breeze, we import from time and attendance, I'm alerted of warnings and a report of imported hours that may not match how an employee is set up. This is a huge help in correcting errors before the final import. Managing employees is simple, easy to find, update, and employees access their records. You choose what employees see and change, this helps with paper reduction. Last year was our first online benefits enrollment. My HR Specialist was fantastic helping set this up. We had some special rules; they helped me get it setup. Employees use Paycor to find information about benefits, plan details, coverage, contact info, websites, etc. This allows more time to focus on other areas of my job. It takes a little time to get everything entered and uploaded but worth it. The Performance Reviews were a little trickier, some things are required that we don't use, such as weights. You aren't able to pass this step unless something is entered, I'd rather it be optional. I created a rating group and wasn't able to remove it. Our supervisors really like it, there is room for improvement, we'd like employees to upload goals and achievements without having to rate themselves, if they don't do the self review it doesn't appear they can upload their information for the supervisor, but the supervisor is able to upload the information. I just started using the Recruiting section. I'm excited that to move to a paperless system for the supervisors to review resumes. I've only entered a few positions and the biggest drawback is I am not able to copy and paste the job description into Paycor. This makes the process time consuming to retype each one, but I like what I see with the ability to connect applicants to specific positions. Overall I really like Paycor's system and look forward to the changes and improvements they continue to make. They have a feedback system you can post changes you'd like to see and you are able to vote on what others have entered. Having a different specialist for each part of Paycor is great; the customer service I get from them is outstanding! If you don't use Paycor you are missing out on making your life easier.

Rhonda from Highview Baptist Church

Paycor Review

My overall experience has been very good. I will say, however, this year I feel like the customer support has declined.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate. I can usually find my answers to questions on the website

Cons

I have some trouble with reports. I wish they were a little more easy to manage

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Even though I was not involved in the process when we changed to Paycor, I was told our previous

Iwa from Absolute Charters Inc

Industry: Maritime

Easy to use and affordable timekeeping app

Best option for the price- I have looked all over and Paycor was by far the most affordable. I wanted as simple as possible and this was perfect!

Pros

This app is SO EASY to use and for employees to figure out! Saves me tons of time when it comes to reviewing hours and getting payroll done.

Cons

I wish there was a way to allow employees to edit their own hours without making them an administrator.... maybe something that would flag it so I could approve or verify?

Affordable!

Response from Paycor

Replied December 2019

Hi Iwa, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is easy to use and saves you time. I've also passed along your feedback to the appropriate team in regards to employees editing their hours. Have a wonderful day!

Cedric from Team NEO

I love Paycor

Even with the cons I listed Paycor is a great tool and I cannot say enough positive things about their customer service and product support team.

Pros

-Paycor's Customer Service is phenomenal. You're given a personal customer service representative (I loved ours!) but the backup reps were great too. -Paycor is easy to use with tons of training available too. -If you're an HR professional many of their webinars are eligible for SHRM and/or HRCI credits -Paycor and its add-ons are some of the best

Cons

-Paycor is definitely not for larger employers. They excel in the small to mid-sized employer space. -Paycor buys some technologies (like their ATS and LMS) and it's integrated on their back-end so some reporting or functionality can be a bit clunky. -It was much easier to run certain reports before they went through their last upgrade.

Response from Paycor

Replied December 2019

Hi Cedric, Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that you've had a great experience with our Client Support team. Have a great day!

Marsha from Deerfield Financial Advisors, Inc.

MK Review

My experience has been a positive one overall. Customer support is easy to work with and quick to respond.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use. The new employee wizard is very helpful making sure you don't forget anything in setting up a new employee.

Cons

If I have to pick one thing, I think it would be that it doesn't have the ability to run some "what if" scenarios easily. I'd like to be able to enter some variables for an employee - 401k deferrals, tax exemptions, etc and see how that affects the net per pay - or for the year.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Ease of use - we are a small company and don't need a lot of bells & whistles and the price.

Tracie from Volunteer Florida

Paycor handles it all and saves time and money for our organization!

Paycor is a one-stop shop with our organization, it manages our time and attendance as well as all our payroll processing and handles all the payroll taxes and filings as well as employee W2's. It is easy to use, they provide exceptional customer service, and it saves time each time you process payroll! It is very cost efficient and allows you to focus on other aspects of your job because they handle it all!

Pros

That it handles all payroll processing tasks, its affordable, and the customer services is phenomenal! They are always ready to assist you and they do so in a timely manner, you don't have to wait around for hours or days, they are ready immediately to handle all your needs no matter what and if they do have to get back with you, it is within a very small window of time usually with in the hour.

Cons

Some of our reporting needs were not addressed, but we have been able to have them create custom reports for us, instead of us being able to create exactly what we needed.

Perfect for when I was a small business owner.

Pros

I used to use Paycor on a previous company that I owned with a lot of salesmen and technicians. I switched over from trying to manage the payroll on Quickbooks to Paycor and I’m glad I did. Paycor is a simple to use payment software solution to track, schedule, and pay all of your employees. The had a couple problems when I first began and the customer service was very helpful on guiding me to the solutions that I was looking for. We had some employees that were hours and some that were salary. The time stamp feature on this is simple to use and keep track of the hourly employees. It is nice because you can customize user privileges depending on the person. My sales manager needs higher privileges than my normal sales people. You can customize the reports and choose from a multitude of templates for these reports.

Cons

Some of the features and functions are little difficult to grasp right away. I would suggest calling their customer service to make sure you are utilizing everything on the software.

Jennifer from Urgent Doc

Good product

Pros

The ability to move between users while on the same screen/tab is great. Reporting works well. It’s a very user friendly app and the LMS (learning pathway system) is an excellent resource.

Cons

We have a lot of issues with our account reps responding to tickets and there have been some strange glitches that pop up from time to time but they typically work themselves out.

Response from Paycor

Replied January 2020

Hi Jennifer - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is easy to use and the reporting is great. I have shared your feedback in regards to support with the appropriate team. Have a wonderful day!

Carol from John Ball Zoo

Would recommend.

Pros

Paycor has great features and ability to customize. I really enjoy using this software

Cons

Getting a response from a representative to help with an issue can be challenging at points.

Response from Paycor

Replied November 2019

Hi Carol, Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a great experience with using the Paycor products. I have shared your feedback in regards to Customer Support with the team. Have a wonderful day!

Katherine from Physicians Ambulance Service

Physicians Review

I get frustrated with the service. I am a customer who pays you approximately 10K plus a year for service but does not use your tax service because we pay taxes when due and do not want to prepay them early with your service. Because of this representatives have told me they will not answer questions about the tax returns, which you prepare and send to me. I am a paying customer that deserves service and many times the responses I receive are unacceptable. Honestly, it depends on who I am talking to because I have found that I get different answers based on who I speak with. I am not a fan of the support I received at all. I asked paycor to modify the GL report and was told it could not be done. The GL report is a report designed for our company and specific to our company. The answer is incorrect and unacceptable. Any report should be modifiable as it is used for our purposes only.

Pros

user friendly

Cons

I have to go back to manage employees if I forget to modify something and I am already in the paygrid.

Shirley from Dakkota Intergrated Systems

Paycor All in One HRIS

We switched from ADP to the Paycor platform 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with the decision to change. It was scary but Paycor was unbelievable through the whole process. We have improve our payroll processing time and accuracy unbelievable. We can run additional payrolls at any time ourselves, add new departments, job titles, etc all with no hidden costs and the immediate access for payroll journal previews make it a great platform. Paycor reporting is super easy to use and the ability to schedule reports to run daily, weekly, monthly is a huge timesaver. We took the leap and implemented carrier connection and Online Open Enrollment last year and couldn't be happier with the results. We also implement Self Service for our employees which our employees greatly appreciated. They now have access to their accounts and can make changes 24/7. Utilizing Paycor has streamlined our processes and improved us overall. We look forward to implementing more Paycor modules. Best of all their upgrades are based off our their customer feedback and suggestions.

Pros

Ease of use and the great customer service.

Cons

None

David from OEC

If your a business, with a payroll, you will want Paycor!

I have zero complaints, it works well, and I had no troubles with it. When we did switch from it (necessary not a choice) it was easy to move data over and was easily to integrate was on paycor. Very Satisfied!

Pros

It has a simple purpose, hour tracking and benefits information. It is the best in this field and is very simple to understand. Companies of 300-400 employees, and those of 500 to 1000, or more can use this easily and effectively. From a basic employee user perspective it is easy to understand and flexible. There are very few ways to make mistakes that cannot be reversed and its transferable from job to job (company to company).

Cons

Really only does a select few items, and the format is very basic towards those needs. Outside of its specific functions it really doesn't have too many uses. I say that for what it does its perfect, but has LITTLE outside uses.

Kayla from Therapy Partner Solutions

Administrative Perspective

We enjoy the ease of use and accessibility to training options. We enjoy our assigned customer service representatives. They really take the time to know and understand our company.

Pros

Ease of use Accessibility Ability to integrate with other software

Cons

Occasionally bad customer service representatives. Limitations with document signing and uploading. Time software is a little behind compared to other portions of the site.

Vasili from Fresh Start Health Retreat Centers Ltd.

Love it. Works great with BambooHR

Visibility of who's at work, where they are at now and eliminated paper timesheets. Also, team regularly takes 1 hr lunch breaks...instead of skipping them, as it was in the past. Plus integration allows a much smoother on-boarding process.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful mobile app and super awesome support. We have two locations, employees often start in one and finish the day at another. I was so happy to see that Ximble allowed us to look after this complexity. Interface is super easy and templates make "schedulers life even easier." Main reason for Ximble was deep integration with BambooHR, our main HRMS.

Cons

They do not have, yet, per employee break/lunches rules. Just global...but hopefully they'll implement it in the next release, as it we have two different crews 7 and 10 hrs shifts and not having it creates unnecessary work for the Payroll Manager...always a bit of a mess :)

Megan from KHM Travel Group

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Seems very extensible

Pros

If you have an HR rep who is tech-savvy or likes to play around to maximize the product, it seems like there's a ton of functionality available. We just tested out using the online forms and signing acknowledgement forms and it worked really smoothly. There are a lot of widgets the HR people can turn on/off.

Cons

It's hard to tell what's an administrator choice at my company vs what Paycor is out-of-the-box, but it's weird because as a manager, I cannot see my team members' pay rates. Also, if you manage a manager, you cannot adjust timecards for their team members. Some of the interface is also unintuitive to me. For example, when you accept a team member's time-off request, the Calendar view just shows your whole team's time off but not who each one is. There aren't ways to view the calendar differently, so I don't really see a purpose to it at all.

Deidra from First Baptist Church OFallon

Industry: Philanthropy

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to check your work, quick payroll turn around time. Entering new employees is easy. Updating automatic payroll deductions make sense and when doing a group of employees for the same deduction, it is easy to update and make changes. When I call in with a problem or question, I always get a live person quickly.

Cons

I wish there was a way that when processing payroll, I could get to a person's time card to check hours more quickly. When I'm in the process of payroll and something doesn't look right or there is a big difference in hours and I'd like to check the hours, there is no easy click to bring up the employees time card. I get out of the processing, go to manage and then the person then the time card. I just wish there was a way to do that process more quickly.

Cheryl from J Smith Young YMCA

Employee Friendly Payroll Software

I can only speak as an employee but this system is very user-friendly & gives me easy access to all of my payroll and benefits information.

Pros

As an employee, there really isn't anything I don't like about it. It's great to be able to access all of my pay stubs for the year & my W-2. It's also great to be able to log in to my account on my personal computer. But I think my favorite thing is the ability to check my hours on a calendar as opposed to just the standard time card format. The calendar view shows the cumulative hours as the week progresses so I can easily tell when I've completed my hours for the week.

Cons

I can't really think of anything, I don't have any complaints about it. The only very minor complaint is that sometimes it logs me out too quickly so I have to then sign back in.

Nick from Total Home Remodeling

Fine, not great

All in all, it's fine. It is a fairly simple way to track time and location when punching in and out. There seems to be some fluff to the interface that takes the place of what could be more useful options.

Pros

Overall, it is pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. The ability to add notes to your punches is very helpful and punching in is done fairly quickly and simply.

Cons

This software can take a while to launch and begin. It also has multiple options when punching in/out (like working/lunch/etc.) but they all seem to do the same thing. There is also a default setting that will automatically add a 30 min lunch in after a certain amount of hours worked and it does not overwrite itself if the employee later punches in and out for a lunch. This had to be done when auditing the time cards

Shannon from Cincinnati Thermal Spray, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Paycor - one stop shop for payroll and HR

Paycor has been a significant improvement to our prior payroll processing system and separate HR software. Having all of the information in one system, yet having the ability to limit access of some of the modules on a by employee basis is a major plus.

Pros

Prior to Paycor, we had separate payroll and HR software. This required dual-entry of data, running the risk of having our data out of sync. Paycor also provides a time collection system. We opted to continue with our existing time collection system. Paycor was very willing to help us format export files from our current system, allowing them to be imported into the Paycor payroll module. I cannot say enough good things about the Custom Reports & Analytics. I can create and share reports within our organization, tapping into just about any field of data stored in Paycor. There are step-by-step prompts for entering new-hires, making the process simple and complete. Online access to W2's and paystubs is very convenient.

Cons

Paycor keeps about 1 year of past payroll documents online for easy access. I wish they kept them a little longer.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,921 reviews