PurelyHR Reviews

4.52 / 5 (318) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 49 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Customer support was fantastic. Easy access. Banked time feature worked fantastically. Audit function has been useful at tracking every step and submission."

• "What I enjoy most is the time I save using this program as opposed to the method we used previously. This system makes recording time and leave so simple! "

• "Easy to use automated system. Customer service is excellent."

• Cons

• "Had some issues with combining calendars for 2 different departments, but customer service helped me with that. "

• "Customizing accruals for midyear hires is a bit difficult. All else is great. Would like to see the customization function set up a bit more streamlined. "

• "We've had issues with making requests into a future year. Customer service responds quickly but doesn't always have a solution."

Browse PurelyHR Reviews

Brittany from Thrive

Incredible customization options and world class customer service!

Our employees are able to easily submit and track their time off; Managers are quickly able to assess their team's availability and time-off balances.

Pros

The ease with which we can customize our (sometimes) unorthodox time-off requests is unparalleled. Our staff love the ability to see the entire calendar, and our managers love the ability to approve via email and get live updates on current balances.

Cons

We considered using the Timesheet app in conjunction with the Time-Off app, but found the different views to be either not detailed enough, or too detailed for our employees to use. We would strongly consider adding the Timesheet app on to our account if it was able to be a bit more dynamic. For example, we have several employees who are grant-funded (and need to be able to track their time to specific grants); currently, we are using google sheets to do this because it allows employees to simply enter in their time in the corresponding cells with ease. It would be great to see PurelyHR develop a "simple" view that has customizable rows for different "Projects" (or, grants).

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Brittany, We are often willing and able to customize our system to meet our customer¿s needs. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Purely makes HR work easier

It has made our time tracking process a breeze. Employees can now log in and see how much time off they have available and request time off easily. And that fact that it allows us to easily track our banked time is great.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and all of the employees can access it easily, it came with great instructions so everyone is able to do what they need to do. It is easy to make changes to time once it has been entered and it allows a multiple level approval process for granting time off.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to remember where to go to get information about time that has been used. A new report that would just show how one employees time has been used would be helpful.

Customer Service doesn't exist here!

Pros

Product is simple to use and a decent value for what you get.

Cons

When there are issues with the system, you will find no support. They don't pick up the phone, which results in having to use email to contact them. Most recently, the system wouldn't send the welcome emails to users, so I reached out to them about this. Instead of asking for any specifics or additional info (I was still working with my test group) they sent the Welcome emails to everyone in the company, essentially rolling out the product to my organization early. And they sent the emails - not once, not twice, but SIX times - just in case anyone might have missed it. Then they stopped responding to emails too. This may seem like a small thing to them, but to any HR Professional that's ever had to clean up after a vendor, they'll understand.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

We’re so sorry that you had a negative experience! We want to start off by sincerely apologizing for that. I very well remember this issue, we did recently switch servers and as a result had a glitch with our email system that effected a number of our customers. Our phones and emails were quite backed up that day so I assure you on any other day our Customer Success team is at the phones and ready to answer emails immediately. We’re truly sorry for the inconvenience we know this issue has caused you and I hope we were able to rectify it for you! Please feel free to reach out to me personally at brianv@ironflow.com if you have any left over issues from this glitch and I’ll be sure to see that it’s handled immediately myself. Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern! - PurelyHR

Cari from Canola Council of Canada

Industry: Farming

PurelyHR

It has been positive. prior to moving to PurelyHR we had an inhouse program to keep trap of vacation, and another formatto keep staff information, this is all in 1 place.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support and service I receive is excellent.

Cons

There are a few reporting features and information I would like to see that currently are not available. It takes a bit of time to navigate through the modules we use to find where I need to go to get the information.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Cari, We are so happy that your experience with PurelyHR has been positive. We often take time to listen to our customers requests for new features/reports. If you haven't already, please send us an email with the reports you might find helpful. We'll do our best to accommodate you. Thank you for leaving a review. Happy new year! The PurelyHR Team

Intuitive Front and Back End

Pros

This is super easy for our employees to quickly understand and use. For admins, setting up a new user and general on-going maintenance is a breeze.

Cons

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Thank you so much for leaving a review. :) We are sorry to hear about your future year request issue. I assure you that we take your questions very seriously and do our best to provide you with a solution. Some product limitations may exist, however if we can find a way to make it work or make changes, we will! Don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our success members if the problem persists or with anything else you may need a hand with. They are happy to help. -PurelyHR

Beth from American Heritage Insurance Group

PurelyHR: Time-Off is a signficant time saver

After handling time off requests by email and spreadsheet I was happy to find Purely HR:Time Off. Time off requests are now handled quickly and efficiently and everyone has access to the calendar to see who will be off when. I'm looking forward to the last quarter of the year not being bombarded with questions about how much time employees still have available. Purely HR: Time Off has been a great addition for our company.

Pros

Ease of handling time off requests and a company wide calendar that everyone has access to

Cons

Setup would be my least favorite. There was a learning curve due to the complexities of time off scenarios but the staff at PurelyHR: Time Off walked me through each step so that my least favorite part of the software was easily navigated.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied May 2019

Oh Wow!! How exciting for our team to hear that we have been able to save you time and energy with your workload? VERY EXCITED! PurelyHR is always striving to help in any way we can. If you need assistance, you know we are just a phone call or an email away. Once again, our sincere THANKS to you! From the PurelyHR team

Debbie from Sommerman, McCaffity & Quesada, LLP

Easy to Use; Keeps Us Organized

Helps make our lives easier in a busy business world.

Pros

At a glance, we know what our employees' vacation status is. The calendar enables us to see how many will be gone in a particular day which is important to help us avoid having too many out at one time.

Cons

Vacation time is subtracted in advance. It would be nice to see actual time remaining rather than time off remaining after subtracting future vacation days.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hi Debbie, We know how busy life can be, and we're glad that PurelyHR is helping you stay organized and in control of employee PTO. If ever you have any recommendations or feedback on the product, feel free to reach out to us and we will see what we can do to help. :) Thank you for the review, we wish you all the best in 2019. The PurelyHR Team

Alixx from Christ Community Church

PurelyHR Review

PurelyHR was great to use as an employee. I don't know why we switched products - but it is what it is.

Pros

My employer used PurelyHR before the software we currently use. purelyHR was very user friendly, pretty interface, and easy to understand/use.

Cons

I did not have anything negative happen with PurelyHR - although sometimes it took several clicks throughs to find something that I shouldn't have to click so many things for.

Lisa from Versature

Easy to use, simple and does what it should!

Helps me manage & book my time off!

Pros

I love how easy this is to use! It makes approvals and booking time off much easier than other systems I've used. I like the email reminders for when you have a holiday coming up (personal or stat) and the quick stats you can get to see what you have left, and have accumulated.

Cons

It takes a few clicks to get into your stats to see what you have left for vacation. I wish it was more obvious but overall have few complaints.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2018

Hi Lisa, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using the system along the way. If you come across any questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach our support team and they will be able to assist you. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

July 2015

joanne from African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA)

Industry: International Affairs

Time off Manager review

Before we started using this program keeping track of everyone's leave we a huge job every month. Now it is so easy we trained all our team members and the training modules are very helpful. I have had to call customer support several times and they always answer my questions and give me solutions. I would highly recommend this program.

Pros

Easy to use, easy set up, very affordable

Cons

I have not had an issue with this program

Response from Ironflow Technologies Inc.

Replied November 2015

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you and your team are finding TOM very useful! Our support staff is always on standby to assist you with all your questions, so never hesitate to give us a call, no matter the reason! Again thank you for your kind words, and we wish you all the success in the world! Sincerely, Time-Off Manager Team

Spencer from Silkin Management Group

Take time to get it all set up but then it has saved us a tremendous amount of time in admin work.

The ease of keeping track of how many days employees get off and when they take it off and why. Admin made much quicker and easier. Streamlined the whole Paid Time off process. It automatically gives days each year on their hire date.

Pros

The automation in approving time off is great! It really makes things easy and you can make it so there are a set of people that each need to approve in a certain order and then it can also email other people that arent approving it. Which info's people that need to know with the data of whats going on.

Cons

There is a limit in how much data you can put in your time off request comments. This is frustrating because we require each employee to list out all their functions and how they are going to have the covered while they are gone but it isn't long enough for some positions. However, we have a workaround and I hope they fix this soonish.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied March 2018

Hi Spencer, We, first want to say THANK YOU for submitting a review to us. We truly appreciate all the feedback you can provide to us. We have since asked our service team to reach out to you to determine what we can do to possibly work on a solution for the con that you've listed. The PurelyHR team

MaryAnn from BOSS Office Products

Simple yet in-depth

I find PurelyHR to be a huge time saver and it gives employees the autonomy for their time off requests. It's a great tracking tool for absenteeism and just general information, like work anniversaries and birthdays. I recommend this software highly.

Pros

I like the different options for admin to share with employees as well as all the reports you can create. It is also very easy to put in time off and I like the calendar share so at a glance everyone can see who is off. I also like being able to code my different departments. There are many many things I like so I can't say that I like something the MOST, I like it all!

Cons

I don't like not being able to edit at times after someone has put in a time off request, especially if it is for multiple days. I find it easier to just delete the original and start over.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied May 2019

THANK YOU!! We are very happy that PurelyHR was able to help you and your team! We have definitely shared your concerns with our development team. Thank you for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us and we are here to help with any questions, concerns or issues that you may run into. Thank you again! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Christina from Dalgleish Construction

Good Product Could be better with a just a few upgrades.

The calendar feature is what help our employees in the field the most. The supervisors can keep track of who is off and when someone will be out more easily than our old way of doing time off. The employees can easily request time off without tracking down someone on the job site.

Pros

Easy to use for both employees and administrator. You can request time off in small increments of time or the whole day or days. The calendar feature is really good. I can bring up the calendar and see who is off and who has time off pending approval. The employees can see how much time they have taken off and how much they have left in the year, so they are not calling the office to see their balances. I do like the reports I can run to show balances and time taken off.

Cons

I do not like that the systems resets automatically each year. I would like to make sure at the end of the year the totals are correct before it reset for the new year. There might be a feature that I am not aware of that would allow me to do this. Each year each employee can roll over 40hrs of time not taken but there are some exceptions to this rule and I would like to add this before the system rolls over.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hi Christina, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to PurelyHR, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team.

Annette from Diva International

Great System

No more chasing of papers, following up on requests. Approval by the manager is immediately accessible for payroll. Great to be able to see at a glance who is in/out of the office. Has been a key component in implementing our 'work from remote' program.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, very friendly interface. Plenty of depth for recording information beyond just time & attendance which was our primary motivator. Integration with Outlook and Google calendars is a time saver. LOTS of reporting capabilities.

Cons

Set up can be a bit confusing, still not sure we have everything set up quite right. Managers were a bit reluctant initially (but came on board once they realized the visibility the system gives them).

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hi Annette, We wanted to thank you for this very detailed and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that PurelyHR helped improve visibility for your managers and implement your "work from home" program. Our success team is always available to review the way your policies are set up if you have questions or concerns. Reach out to us anytime. We'd love to help. Thanks again for the review. Best, PurelyHR Team

Isabella from Silkin Management Group

Purely HR - Time off manager

Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros

This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2019

Hi Isabella, Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you. We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off. Thank you for leaving such a kind review. We appreciate you! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Trina from The U-Turn Foundation

frustrated with changes to system as now there is more room for human errors

I like that we have more options than before the integration of Purely HR, but the lack of support upon change to new system caused former admin to off-set dates 90 days making it very difficult to track & apply correct policies to staff. Now, we are stuck with it as they fear the employee would lose benefits owed to them.

Pros

ease of use once you learn all the factors and set policies correctly, but was rolled over and not set up correctly for the rollover to be smooth so transitioning is still showing bugs to fix

Cons

too many errors with multi-day requests so days off are requested to be one at a time to avoid wrong totals to balance.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Trina, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we want to hear all feedback. We have asked our support team to connect with you to ensure that you're account is set correctly for your needs, to hopefully avoid any possible issues for the future. You can also reach out to them at any time at support@purelyhr.com Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Pascal from NavLink

Efficient, easy to use and flexible

I have been using time-off manager for more than 3 years now; its flexibility and ease of use made the initial roll out simple; in addition, the developers are very helpful and responsive, and they consider customer feedback as priority for their next enhancements.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly interface Fast and efficient Zero maintenance required Flexible: I was able to configure almost all business rules required for different countries of our operations Support is very responsive and helpful Cost efficient and hassle free

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Hi Pascal, Thank you very much for your kind review and your loyalty! To know that Time-Off has grown with your company for over 3 years is amazing! We hope we will be there for you for many more years! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Jennifer from CIS of Southeast Texas

PurelyHR is a Time Saver!

Convenient, easy to understand, user-friendly, and many customization options all at your fingertips. Definitely worth the cost for all the services it provides for our non-profit organization.

Pros

Cons

I do not really have any complaints at this time. There were a few glitches in the beginning but I was able to call support and get them worked out. Great customer service at the time.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2019

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant and wonderful review. We are excited to see how much implementing PurlyHR has helped. We are always here to assist with any questions you may have, therefore if you have any feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Molly from Med First

PurelyHR Review

Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros

It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons

I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hi Molly, First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization. We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done. We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Angela from STM Display Sales Inc.

Meets our needs

It meets our needs for a sign in/out board and tracking vacation or reports so employees can book and view time off with ease.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive to use particularly for the administrator who needs to navigate a more deeper into the program for reports and set up.

Cons

The rebranding Octopus arm character is incredibly juvenile no matter how smiley it is - makes the program look like a joke. It's supposed to be a trusted reliable support for employee data.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied February 2019

Hi Angela, Thanks for sharing your experience with PurelyHR. Hearing about the intuitiveness and utility for administrators is very satisfying! If the illustrations on our website is the only con, we can live with that. We wish you more success in 2019! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

RYAN from Sigler Printing

Industry: Printing

PurelyHR

Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons

Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied May 2019

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review! It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs. Once again, much appreciated! The PurelyHR team

Allison from ClassifiedAds.com, Inc.

Excellent Software & Customer Service is Outstanding

We've been using the software now since 2013; we use it to track time off for two sister companies. The software is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up. I've requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive. Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market....and I've used several!!

Pros

Ease of set-up and use.

Cons

None really.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Hi Allison, We are happy to hear that Time-Off has solved your leave management needs. If you need any other changes in your reports, you know where to find us! Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. Sincerely, PurelyHR Team.

Good for what it does, would have preferred consolidated solution

We use ADP for core HR management and were not satisfied with the tools included in that platform. We did a survey of available tools and found that PurelyHR suited our needs and was easy for us as well as our employees to use.

Pros

PurelyHR has a simple interface and is easy to use, both in terms of administration and end user input. It helps us keep track of more complex needs, such as overtime, for certain staff members.

Cons

We only use it for time sheet and vacation purposes, so it doesn't seem worth the expense or compliance overhead of using yet another vendor. I'd prefer to see this type of functionality be better built into our core HR platform so we don't need to maintain two relationships.

Tammy from ChemTel

Industry: Environmental Services

Great Timeclock Software

Time-Off was added to facilitate payroll running smoother. The reports have really sped things up.

Pros

It is very helpful that you can set up different business rules in the software to help keep track of things like holidays, shifts an department.

Cons

Our shift hours vary and it was more difficult to set up those special shifts in the Time-Off module. We found a work around though.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied June 2019

Hi Tammy, WOW, first let's start by saying thank you for leaving such an amazing review! We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization. We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Shalini from Yorkville Education Company

PurelyHR Review

Overall PurelyHR has worked to our benefit. We are able to utilize our time better and more efficiently.

Pros

The ease from manual tracking to automated tracking. This gave Managers the ability to approve and decline vacations for their subordinates instead of going to HR.

Cons

It's inability to cater to very specific needs.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hi Shalini, We would like to say thanks for leaving us a review on Capterra. We're glad that PurelyHR has allowed your team to make better use of their time and gave more control to the managers. We would like nothing more than to cater to every single one of our customers specific needs, and quite often we are able to accommodate them. If you have any questions or concerns about specific requests, please reach out to our team. We would like to wish you all the best in 2019! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Can do a lot for you

When employees and/or mangers remember to put the time off - sick, appt. etc vs just vacation it makes payroll so much easier. i like that the information can be shown to who you choose. E.g Mangers can see entire staff or just their departments. When I did have issues early on in the set up of the system their customer service team was quick to respond an walk me through. Overall I find it easy and self explanatory to use after the initial set up.

Pros

All the information for employee time off are available in one site, one calendar and to all managers, other employees if you choose.

Cons

Sometimes a bit of a game moving between screens and adding time off types etc Don't like having to type out "delete" to verify the I want to delete a terminated employee

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied January 2019

Hello, Thanks for leaving a review, we greatly appreciate the feedback :). We've noted down your concerns and will do our best do resolve them for you. We hope that PurelyHR continues to help elevate your time-off and other HR needs in the future. Happy New Year! The PurelyHR Team

Carnie from EASIBOOK.COM PTE LTD

TimeOff Manager make my works go easy

Companies always have number of mechanism for leave application and HR personnel always need to monitor closely the balance and usage by monthly calculating and updating the accrual, control the usage should not more than balance, bla bla bla.....After TimeOff Manager comes in my company, I am totally hassle free!!! I will no more worry on overusage, no need to report to boss who is on leave today, superior will monitor staff attendance and many etc....I feel never been easy before and I always recommend to friend of mine who are also HR personnel to subscribe ToM.

Pros

hassle free from leave mechanism

Cons

some of the customized features are not available

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Hi Carnie, Thank you so much for your friendly review. We are so happy that we were able to simplify your tasks and save you time and hassle. We believe every HR administrator deserves to have the right tools for the job! We are glad that this is the tool for you! We hope you continue enjoying your experience with our products. Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Robert from County of Victoria

Excellent. A great easy to use program with a variety of suitable feature for our organization.

Pros

The clear layout and ease of use. Cover most aspects of leave with easy to use functionality. We mainly use TOM features.

Cons

Transitioning from end of year to the next is always a time consuming task. It would be easy if their were carry over adjustable settings to address this.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Robert, thank you for submitting your review to us. We always love receiving feedback from clients. In the meantime, someone from our support team will be reaching out to assist in making sure the transition over to the new year, runs as smoothly as possible for you. Sincerly, the Purelyhr Team!

Joely from Bardenay Restaurant & Distillery

We utilize time off manager and enjoy the functionality.

Easy record keeping online.

Pros

The most useful to me is the calendar view and the year end reports. I also like being able to color code days according to type. It was easy to set up. We don't use all of the tools available, but I haven't taken the time to really understand them.

Cons

It is difficult for users to reset their password and to reactivate a user. It does not let users request the current or previous day. Again, that is probably a setting that I just need to look through. The program is probably more robust than we need, but it works for our purposes.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Joely, First of all, we would like to thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the ease of use of Time-Off! We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process.We truly appreciate your loyalty and support. Sincerely, - PurelyHR Team

Susan from Ricola

Product works well for our needs

We were able to get rid of paper approvals & able to easily track who is out of the office.

Pros

Setting up new employees is easy & intuitive. Customer service is always responsive in a timely manner & the price is right for a small company like ours.

Cons

Setting up a new user's vacation time on an accrual basis (instead of all up front) has been difficult/confusing

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties setting up the user's vacation time on an accrual basis. We want to ensure we provide you with the best possible solution to make those additions, therefore, someone from our support team will be reaching out to you to review any questions, concerns you may have. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

June from Communally

Excellent time off tracking solution

The ability for our employees to see their own accrual balances without having to use our payroll system.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is very easy to use for both myself and our users. I like the fact that we can customize it for days and not just hours.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the recent price increase. Also, sometimes the reports print in a font that is too small. And there are a few areas within the system that still show as hours rather than days (we like to have days like. 833 days.)

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi June, We are thrilled to hear that you and your team are enjoying the simplicity of Time-Off. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Jeremy from Expedia CruiseShipCenters

Travel agency

Pros

I can pull a time sheet at a 'click of a button' which makes life easier for me and for my bookkeeping when issuing paycheques.

Cons

It is a bit daughting creating different time periods. It would be best to allow the time periods to be user-friendly when adapting. Thankfully, you have a great support team!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Jeremy, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Best way to monitor absence

Pros

This was a godsend to our company as everyone uses Excel spreadsheets to record absence. This system was easy to use, shows your accrual holidays, when a holiday is coming up and most importantly makes it easy for managers to approve.

Cons

You can customise this but that can take time as you would want to adapt this to your HR system aswell.

Response from Ironflow Technologies Inc.

Replied January 2019

Aww! Thanks for leaving your feedback on PurelyHR. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience. Keep being awesome! - PurelyHR Team

Cari from Canola Council of Canada

Easy to use, reporting is great.

Pros

It was very easy to set up. Employees find it easy to use. Bring a manager, I like the custom reminders.

Cons

I like pretty much everything. If I could change anything it would be that the employee number prints on the emails.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Cari, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off. Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Erin from Solix

Easy to Use and Functional

Pros

Easy to import users and do bulk user updates. Accessible for our staff from anywhere and user friendly. Customizable to which fields you can have agents select. Mutli-site capable and can accommodate as many programs and buildings as necessary.

Cons

If an agent is removed from assignment, you have to in and delete all existing upcoming request offs by hand. We would love for all of them to be able to be auto removed.

Very easy to implement; reports could be improved; overall good application for cost

Pros

Easy to set up new users; easy to administer policies; very user friendly for employees to request/approve time off requiests

Cons

Would like to see more flexibility and range of reporting options; translate accrued benefits into dollar value for financial accruals

November 2015

Heather from NorthCentral DI

November 2015

Pretty Good System!

This is a great system, which updates automatically, keeping track of all of the hours and hour bumps. We can set people up quickly, and it's very easy to set up our system to work for us. We like that it tallies all of our employees and handles the hours for us. Our only wish is for greater flexibility with the calendar itself. For example, if someone sets up a full day of vacation off, but then learns they are coming back early, it would be nice if they could click on that and change it to a half day. Instead, they have to delete and then re-add as a half day. Additionally, we've noticed with multiple day requests, you can't change them. Multiple day requests are the most likely to be changed. Instead, you have to delete the multiple day request and re-add a new multiple day request if you are changing the dates.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied November 2015

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for your review, we truly value your feedback! We are glad to hear that the system was easy to set and is working well for you. As for your concerns about the calendar and the multiple day requests, we've notified our support team which will gladly assist you in finding a solution. You can reach our support staff by: Phone : (506) 854-6557 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. By Email : info@timeoffmanager.com Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. We hope that we can help you find a solution and set you on the right path. We wish you all the best! Sincerely, Time-Off Manager Team.

Great Program

This program has been great for our small non-profit organization. Easy access for all levels of users. We were doing paper copies of timesheets before and now are able to completely scrap this. Great for our bottom line and for the environment.

Pros

Cons

Wish there was a way for users to see when banked time is pending approval. A pre-made training program for staff would be helpful. I made this program up myself, but having a standardized program would have saved a lot of time.

Response from Ironflow Technologies Inc.

Replied November 2015

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback! We are glad that you found a better path now with our online solution versus the paper documents. We are also happy you enjoyed the support we provided. This area is very important to us, since we want to ensure we deliver the best experience to all of our customers. As for your concerns about the bank time pending approvals, we've notified our support team which will gladly assist you in finding a solution. For the training programs, we have a guide ready for you and your team that will help them get familiar with the system. Simply contact our support team and they will provide you with everything you need. You can reach our support staff by: Phone : (506) 854-6557 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. By Email : info@timeoffmanager.com Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. We hope that you find this helpful and we wish you all the best! Sincerely, Time-Off Manager Team

Meghan from Home Base Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

I love this software. Has been so easy for my staff to use and has been perfect for our organization

Staff record management, time off management, reports, employees reports

Pros

Ease of use! My employees knew how to pick it up right off the bat. They have access to their time reports which is super helpful to me!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Meghan, i love that you love this software! The whole team at PurelyHR are thrilled that you left us with such a friendly review. Thank you so much! We hope we can continue to provide you with a helpful solution for your HR needs. - PurelyHR

Deb from APSCUF

I love this program. It has been a great time saver for my office.

Pros

The ability it has for all employees and managers to see their leave balances on an up to the minute basis. Also, it saves me an enormous amount of time posting leave and reconciling balances for employees.

Cons

It doesn't have a detailed user manual. My roll out period was very long and confusing. Thank goodness you have great customer service.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Deb, We are happy to hear that you and your staff are enjoying Time-Off. We are also happy to let you know that we are working on a detailed user manual. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Sam from Unlimited Systems

The PurelyHR staff has been very easy to work with.

Pros

The software came at the right price and was very intuitive. Our users had nearly no questions when we implemented; everyone was just able to figure it out right away.

Cons

We only use this for time off, so having to do all of the employee roster items through "staff" can be tedious.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Sam, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off Manager. Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Olha from Real Trucking

Very satisfied

Overall it helps our employees to manage and plan their PTO. We've had only positive reviews.

Pros

Easy to use. Saves time and helps plan time off. Reminders and reports are also very useful.

Cons

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied May 2019

WOW, Thank you! We love to hear about our clients and how they feel PurelyHR helps them. From the bottom of our PurelyHR hearts, a sincere thanks for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us. PurelyHR Team

Joshua from Security Transfer Australia

Good experience thus far. Simple to get your head around from a non administration perspective.

Payroll will be able to complete their job much MUCH faster once everything is up and running. No chasing people for little slips of paper saying whether they were or were not allowed to take leave.

Pros

Looks very nice and is looking nicer and nicer as time goes on. The system is easy to use and learn for staff and the administrative side of things is easy (once learnt) and offers a range of options to facilitate your HR requirements. Pricing is also acceptable for the time it saves in other areas. Unfortunately we still use slips of paper as well to sign off leave .

Cons

The reporting needs work and booking leave also. Customisation for international users. For Example - we do not call it Vacation but rather Leave so calling it Vacation can be confusing at first. The ability to change descriptions would be good. This goes for clocking in and out as well. I don't want to have to select what type of work I am doing if all work is the same. Rather than it noting 'No Job Code' we can change it. Just for aesthetics and ease of reading. Also booking the vacation, the delays in changing it from single to multiple days. Why not have the system figure that out from the days you select? Click one day, one day. Drag to multiple, multiple...

Natalie from Hunt Marketing Group

Great experience, helped take our time off tracking from a manual to an automated process.

Saved time, improved accuracy, gave managers and employees complete, real-time visibility into their time off. I think there are a few specialized reports that would be helpful, but generally it is a great product.

Pros

We were using a very manual and often inaccurate method for tracking our employee time off. Since getting Time Off Manager, we have been able to make this process much more accurate and efficient for both the managers and the employees. Software is very user friendly and users are up and running in minutes.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Natalie, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off Manager. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Joyelle from Surya

It's the first solution we implemented to track PTO for our company.

Pros

The best thing about the software is that it is easy for employees to ask for paid time off. Most of the time they don't even need a tutorial. It's also very easy for managers to to approve time off.

Cons

Assigning the manager-there seems to be two places you need to do that so the secondary manager doesn't also get the emails. The "allowance" is confusing to our employees because some of them change policies midyear, so a lot of times they don't have a whole 13 or 15 days to use but that's what they think because that's what they see first. They don't know to click on the magnifying glass and scroll down to see their 'max earning for this year.'

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Joyelle, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We've seen that our support team, has been in communication with you recently and we hope that you've had the chance to go through all the possible option. If you need further support please feel free to reach us out at any time at support@purelyhr.com Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Dawn from HapstakDemetriou PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very Happy

I needed something that would allow employees to be able to see what time they had available and something easier for requesting time off. This solved both issues. Employees no longer have to get a piece of paper signed by several people and they know as soon as a request is approved. It also allowed me to set up rules so someone will be warned if others have already requested time in the same time frame and we are all well aware there will be multiple staff out at the same time before time is approved. I personally love the projection feature where you put in a date and it will show you how much time you will have available in the future. Employees don't like to calculate how much time they will accrue and it saves me the time of having to do it for them. It is great that it is online so employees can submit a request anytime and requests can be approved at anytime. So far I am very happy with the system.

Pros

Time savings and employees don't have to keep asking how much time do I have available.

Cons

I have to manually update the system to match actual time used but don't really see any way around that.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Hi Dawn, We are very happy as well. Not only because you have left us with such a wonderful review, but because we have you as a customer! We hope you continue to enjoy our system and if you have any questions or concerns at all to hesitate to reach out! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Shannon from Chicago Collegiate Charter School

Everything I Was Looking For

I run HR at a small, growing organization and our previous time-off management system was an online spreadsheet. Tons of human error, no approval system, no way for people to check their balances - it was a huge problem. I did some research and found timeoffmanager.com had good ratings so I gave it a try. I found it had everything I wanted: people could request, add notes, see balances; managers could approve; we could have different rules for different types of time off; there is a company-wide calendar view, etc. It was also super intuitive to set up and for employees to use. It literally has everything I was looking for and was very easy to get up and running and have employees start using. We couldn't be happier with it.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to customize in pretty much any way

Cons

Took a while to set up mid-year and back-filling with days off taken thus far - would recommend setting up at the start of your time off cycle

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to know that our software has been helpful for you and your organisation. We hope you continue using and enjoying our products! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team.

Susana from susana.lozano@interlexusa.com

Our employees love this PTO system

We used to have a manual system, which was hard to keep up with. With TimeOffManager everyone know who is out, and how much time they have left. Our employees love this system.

Pros

Easy to use automated system. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I had a hard time setting up the accruals.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied April 2017

Dear Susana, We are so happy to hear that your employees are loving this system! We hope you continue benefiting from our solution. Thank you for leaving a friendly review. Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Gregory from UCEDC

It's been for the post part very good

Pros

Ease of use, much better system than what we had in the past. I like the employee page with all pertinent individual information.

Cons

Having issues with new employees and earned carryover days. The program carrys over 100%, and makes it difficult to try and fix

Julie from Linea Solutions, Inc.

It has been wonderful for our employees; the customer service responds very quickly; good UI

Less questions from employees regarding their accrued time off balance; more visibility to project managers for their staff calendars

Pros

Employee visibility of team calendar and their accrued time off; less phone calls to me! Very reasonable pricing

Cons

Some of the initial set up is confusing with selecting what employees can see on their calendars. Other than that it is very straight forward

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Replied December 2017

Hi Julie, what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. One thing we took note here was the difficulty setting up. We understand that the level of complexity can differentiate with each company, that's we decided to start offering a free on-boarding session with our HR experts upon upgrade! As you also know, our success team is always on standby to help! We wish you continued success with PurelyHR! -PurelyHR