What is Reviewsnap?

Founded in 2007, Reviewsnap offers an integrated suite of talent management solutions spanning performance reviews, compensation management and learning management. The web-based solution allows businesses to streamline the performance management process of their employees with 360-degree performance review system.

Users are automatically granted access to all applications in the Reviewsnap suite, rather than having to access them à la carte. A personalized dashboard allows employees to view their compensation, rewards, achievements and engagements on a single screen.

The system is flexible, allowing users to customize the review process. For instance, managers can change the criteria used to evaluate the employees or choose from a bank of prov...

Supported Operating System(s):

Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8

114 Reviews of Reviewsnap

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.41 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 114 results

Jake from rogue fitness

Excellent Software

Pros

-B2B sales team/integration support was excellent -Authoricheck is genius -Number of review templates is great for using for different departments within the org. -Very easy to use software = very effective software

Cons

-Standalone product, would be nice to be able to integrate with some of our other solutions -Auto-save feature while typing would be nice

Lori from Pacific Northwest University (PNWU)

Reviewsnap Pros and Cons

We are very new to using Reviewsnap. We are just finishing up our very first review cycle with the software. Our contract said we would be trained as administrators but I do not really feel like that occurred. Basically a person from your company just clicked through screens and told us (very quickly) what they do when we first signed on the dotted line....but most people do not learn well from that method. I am more of a doer myself. Also, we were told that Reviewsnap implementation rep would build everything but again, that isn't entirely true...I spent a significant amount of time customizing and testing before we went live and our rep had nothing to do with that work. Part of that was because we were also needing to rebuild our performance review process to transition to paperless...but I felt very alone in that work and learned a lot the hard way through mistakes and making corrections. Our HR department could have never done this work for themselves...they do not have an IT background like I do. If I had not been involved in this project with them, I am not sure our review instruments and approval path would have been very good.

Pros

For the most part, our users like Reviewsnap. They feel that it is relatively intuitive, especially since the latest updates were implemented in May 2020. The automated email reminders at very nice and save our HR a lot of headaches.

Cons

Some parts of the template builder are messy. I would like to see a naming convention be recommended or some perhaps required to make it easier for us to find competencies and to know which sections and positions those competencies are linked to across the organization. The approval processes have way too many button clicks...these processes need to be streamlined for sure! We chose to only have the acknowledgement step this year so that our supervisors and staff would not get frustrated with this Software right out of the gate.

Reasons for Choosing Reviewsnap

Liked that job essential functions could be imported for us in the implementation phase. Also like the general look/feel and user experience.

Response from Reviewsnap

Replied June 2020

Hi Lori - Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the honest feedback. As a new customer, we want to make sure you're receiving the support you need. Our Customer Success team will be reaching out to see how we can help.

Lindsey from Bricker & Eckler LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Reviewsnap - Just okay

Since I only have a need to use this software once a year, I don't think I can be too much of a critic. It works for how I need it, which is all I can really ask for!

Pros

I like that it's an easy way to submit my personal review to our HR team, and I like that I have a place to collect my thoughts on my personal achievements throughout the year. I also appreciate that I can input positive emails and comments that were said about me by my coworkers throughout the year.

Cons

The system is a bit clunky. It seems like it could use an update! It's not totally clear where to go for certain things (so much so that our HR department had to create a Reviewsnap guide that we can refer to when it's time to submit our annual reviews because they received too may questions).

March 2015

Mary from PAI

Industry: Philanthropy

March 2015

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Pros

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Cons

It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

March 2016

Amie

March 2016

Winning Results

We have been a ReviewSnap client for several years and are continually impressed with the excellent customer service and ease of use of the software. As a non-profit, cost is also a huge factor and the annual contract is not only affordable, but is guaranteed to not increase once you sign up.

Pros

Our supervisors love the fact that that they can easily select ratings for their team and receive suggestions to add commentary. As the system admin, I love the fact that I can easily import new staff to the the database and create ad-hoc reports.

Cons

The only con is the finalization process - it would be nice to obtain final signature and not have to go back in to finalize.