TimeIPS Reviews

3.69 / 5 (13)

Our advisors have recommended this product 20 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like the ease of use and the promptness of the support center feedback and help provided. Support staff is often able to accommodate features needed."

• "It is easy to use. The reporting function has all the reports we need, and it is not too complicated."

• "we used Time IPS at my doctor practice from 2006-2017, intially the software and service were great during the initial years ....however deteriorated over time"

• Cons

• "There isn't any ongoing support unless you pay for it."

• "I do not like that we have to pay for extra service hours and we can't call in whenever we want without worrying about being on the clock for it or service problems."

• "Can be slow to run reports; which is not abnormal when pulling a lot of data, and not prohibitive beyond an annoyance. "

Browse TimeIPS Reviews

Mark from Jacobs Corp

June 2014

Great documentation and support, excellent UI and payroll export.

Pros

The documentation for TimeIPS is extremely good. They have help (that can be hidden after you learn the system) right on each page explaining what it is doing and giving helpful hints. The online documentation is also very robust. With previous experience with a timekeeping system and the documentation provided, I have rarely needed help with the implementation setup. Their support has been excellent. They have solved any issues we have had and even rolled out a bug fix well in time for our go-live date. The user interface and the options it gives are excellent. It is obvious they have put time and effort into making the web interface easy to use. The help on each page is great (as is the fact that it can be hidden). The top bar can be hidden when viewing reports, giving more screen real estate. There is an option for just about any list of data, reports, or configuration to export to a csv file for easy charting and data manipulation. I also like that they have an onsite option. I am not yet convinced the cloud is the way to go. They have a nice little locked down Linux box that you simply plug in similar to a network appliance; just configure the network and away you go! The time clocks they use are not flashy or pretty, but they work better than the flashy ones we have. We have had little issue with dirty, greasy shop floor hands/fingers. And they have a replaceable keypad, so after the guys punch (literally) the keys for a few years, we can swap it with another $10 USB keypad. But one of the best and most surprising features is the extremely powerful payroll export engine. They have options for delimited, fixed width, justification, optional data, and even expressions so you can do data manipulation on the fly as you create the payroll export. It is a very powerful tool. I was fully expecting to have to do after-the-export data manipulation to the expected output, but TimeIPS was able to fully support our needs out-of-the-box! I would be amiss not to mention the cost. The price, at least for the basic modules, was the lowest of the products we decided to compare. You are allotted a certain amount of hours for implementation (that I have not needed to use) and you get support for a year. You can purchase a support agreement each year, if desired, and that is reasonably priced. Overall, this product represents great value.

Cons

One drawback is the department transfer feature is rather weak. I find this odd, as that seems like a pretty generic requirement. They did implement a bug fix on it, but overall, I think this could be improved. The only other minor problem is that "time snaps," as they call them, are not configurable per shift or schedule, but only by payroll group. Those terms may not make sense unless you are familiar with the product, but it is just an odd way of setting a group time adjustment. Licensing module mix up! We are using a pretty basic version of the software. It's pretty much strictly timekeeping. There are many additional modules you can purchase if you need more. This seems like it could be one drawback if you have diverse and complicated needs. For instance, you need additional licenses/module for employees to clock in from a web browser. That one especially seemed a bit too much!

Alyson from Escape Lodging

Easy to Use

Accessible across multiple team members and locations, customizable to our needs for each location.

Pros

It's accessibility, reliability, ease of use. Very easy to add users, change and update information and manage reports.

Cons

Cheap, and a lot of features in a small package

Above average support and feature rich backend is great, and the price is extremely competitive. After a couple of years we opted to spend more and get a system with better user interface. If we didn’t have a lot of full time employees with PTO and/or had dedicated timeclocks instead of web clocking, we might have stayed.

Pros

The features that are available exceeded what we were use to at the time. If I was managing a large group of hourly people who punch a time clock, and don’t mind self administration on all those features, this is a great deal. The uptime is great and in 2+ years we only had an issue once with the site being down.

Cons

The interface is dated by almost 20 years now. Since it’s web-based that seems odd that there have not been any big improvements. The features are robust enough that it can make them very complicated. Support is almost always available and above average in knowledge, but I had to maintain a very long checklist for user set-up because each user has to be set-up in each area. It is functional on PTO benefits, but many users found it confusing and frustrating at first. The web interface really is overly complex and just very dated. The web clocking has some major issues as well. The sites uptime is phenomenal, but does have small delays from time to time. Less patient employees who don’t wait for the screen to refresh will often double punch. I think this could be avoided by going over to dedicated time clock instead of web clocking.

May 2014

Adrian from Mayberry Gardens

May 2014

Easy to use system, user-friendly, lots of features

Pros

I like the message system that allows me to have a message appear to all my employees when they clock in. It is difficult to communicate to all employees because we don't have an intra email system, so this helps get the word spread around.

October 2014

Scott from Mayberry Gardens

2.5

October 2014

TimeIPS Review

Pros

Cons

There isn't any ongoing support unless you pay for it.

Lucy from SIGMA Equipment

Industry: Machinery

Old school user interface

It will be great if the user interface can be more UI/UX friendly.

Pros

Has on the time-off request function that our accounting department can use it to manage the timesheets.

Cons

Interface are not well organized, sometimes we are not able to find the function we want to use. The link label is not the same as the navbar shows. No time range to enter when we request the time off.

Alexis from Crocs

TimeIPS Review

Pros

Great product, better then Kronos, switched from Kronos to TimeIPS. The functionality in the reporting was the main cause for change.

Cons

The system appears to be out dated but in all reality just needs just a revamp in design but functions great.

Lauren from Electronic Health Plans

Review of TimeIPS Software

Pros

Cons

When certain features were not obtainable, such as notifying employees of an approved time off request. Certain features for the tracking of salaried employees' hours

December 2014

Jeremy from InnoMark Inc

December 2014

We have used this product for about 4 months.

Pros

The basic feature of the software is easy to use and understand. The customer support has been excellent.

Cons

The software menu for advanced features is still very technical and not as user-friendly for people who are not as capable on a computer.

Lisa from Electronic Health Plans

2.5

Employee TimeIPS review

Pros

I like the ease of clocking in and out. I can request time off via web and am able to view carried hours concurrently.

Cons

There are many options available that we do not use. It's confusing to be able to view features that the employees will not use, such as reporting.

Charles from FAASWVA

long time customer let down

Watch out, do not recommend, this company let me and my business down .

Pros

Cons

We have a small office , and used the system fine from 2006-2012, we were forced to upgrade due to lack of compatablity and paid to upgrade a few year later we were told that they switched to a pay by month system and have been no help to us since. I am loyal to busiensses that treat me right, and i do not recommend this company unless you wish to get extorted for money. I through their system in the garbage and went with a cheaper better customer service option

Edgar from EHP Administrators

June 2014

I love how easy it is to use. Excellent support staff.

Pros

I love the tools and the convenient layout of the entire product. Editing and adjusting is a breeze. Editing the time clock and managing employees has never been this easy. Thank you for this product!

Cons

I don't like how some forms of time are displayed in the hour:min:sec format and how others are as decimals. I would like to see it uniform across the board.

February 2015

Lori from Custom Plastic Specialties

February 2015

Time IPS Review

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, which was crucial in my particular environment.

Cons

The only thing I am not 100% happy with is the way the automatic lunch break functions.