• Pros

• "This program has made my job soo smooth. The ease of use and all the different features work together great. It has made me more organized and efficient in my job. "

• "Smokeball is amazing. It is user friendly and makes things so much easier. If you are an attorney, Smokeball is definitely the best case manager out there. "

• "Ease of use, the Smokeball Team is very helpful and responsive. "

• Cons

• "It is not cheap, but you get what you pay for - so that shouldn't be a deal killer for the firm that is looking to get the right pieces in place. "

• "Still has bugs that I've logged many times without a fix, but I trailed several competitors saas solutions and decided to stay with Smokeball. "

• "Cost, however that's a pretty standard dislike for any legal software."

Browse Smokeball Reviews

Jay from Law Offices of Jay H Chie

Our firm use to use timematters, but this is way better. It's like driving a chevy vs. mercendes!

This software makes our office more efficient which means I need one less secretary. I have access from my phone and tablet which makes it easier for me to work outside of the office.

Pros

It's very integrated for every need possible as a small law firm. This software links all my emails into the file. It's just a powerful system.

Cons

Since I'm a baby boomer, it's too much to remember, but that's my fault and not the software. I wish every time I get a phone message, a separate window would pop up to call instead of me looking for it or getting it thru email.

Natasha from LONH

Great product but still lacking in essential features!

I have really enjoyed using this product and a have been a strong advocate from day one; however, I am concerned that they have not fixed this problem and I do not have the one capability that I need which is being able to get my emails and task while Im in the car.

Pros

This software is easy to use and all of my staff love it! It improves our workflow, makes us more efficient and makes every day more enjoyable!

Cons

This software is lacking in one essential area you are unable to get your emails and task while on the go on your phone. I was told this app and feature works when I signed up for three years only to find out later that it does not work and the calendar is not very good either

Reasons for Choosing Smokeball

I chose Smokeball because all the features, the efficiencies and the workflows. Overall I am pleased but disappointed and not having this major feature

Edward from Coyne Stahl Jansen, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Execellent Case Managment System.

Since I started using Smokeball, my profitability has increased by almost thirty percent. It keeps everything in one place and can make even a complex practice more manageable. The customer service is very responsive and Smokeball is constantly evolving new features and products to facilitate the needs of their customers.

Pros

I have been using Smokeball for almost four (4) years now. The document assembly and integration with Microsoft Office are fantastic. It stores everything about the case, contacts, documents, emails all in one place. Since I have been a user, they have added a billing program, which has increased our profitability.

Cons

Some of the billing features can be cumbersome at times, but if you train your staff to work within the parameters of the program, (i.e. making sure that payments on invoices are actually applied to the invoices), these minor issues can be managed.

Reasons for Choosing Smokeball

I chose Smokeball because it provided the most comprehensive case management system I could ask for. Further, Smokeball continues to improve their product, and a result thereof,continues to evolve and improve my practice in terms of profitability and efficiency.

Lee from Lee Pugh & Associates, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Smokeball does not have legal forms as advertised; and does not interact with G calendar

I foolishly jumped in and signed up for a one-year deal with Smokeball. After I explained the shortcomings of their product and my need to buy additional software to make their software work, I asked to be released from my one year contract. Somkeball denied the request. I would strongly look for a product that is less expensive and has some type of money back guarantee.

Pros

The staff is friendly and tries to assist.

Cons

I bought the software for the forms library that you could use in your practice. I am a small practitioner in Oklahoma. However, the forms library for Oklahoma, and most states, is non-existent. Smokeball costs more than other practice software packages. I purchased it for these forms, but had to buy forms elsewhere. Smokeball does not interact with Google products including Google calendar even with work-arounds. My work was all automated through Google calendar. I worked with trying to use the work-around recommended, but none worked. To use Smokeball, I would have had to buy additional soft-ware. This made the one stop shop advertised by Smokeball not work for me at all.

Response from Smokeball

Replied January 2020

I'm incredibly sorry to hear this, but want to clarify two points for any likeminded readers here: (1) It is true that we have more forms in some states than others. That's due to how many active users we have in each state; obviously as we grow in some states we add more forms. When users, say in Oklahoma, sign up and see that they need more forms, they can request that our dedicated Content team pull public forms and load them directly into Smokeball for all users to access. (2) It is true that we currently don't have direct integration with the Google suite. We do, however, integrate directly with MS Office products like Outlook and Word. Our Sales people in charge of demos should make this absolutely clear in initial conversations, and we will ensure that they continue to do so for all future consultations.

Theodore from Theodore Alatsas, Esq

Most complete case management program available.

Pros

The software is easy to use, intuitive, and loaded with features that are easy to customize to practice needs, the billing integration, with the recently added auto activity trackers, make billing simple. Just when they make an improvement, they add additional improvements and enhance,ents with integrations to make practice management even more efficient. Example, they just added law pay and QuickBooks integrations to the Boost billing portal, making accounting, and collections easier and faster. The support team is responsive, and is always looking to learn from customers how to make the program better. Just spent have an hour with them on a call in which they were looking for suggestions on how to make the mobile app better. Whenever they make enhancements, they provide support instantly to train, if necessary, but usually the changes are so intuitive, that very little training is ever needed. I can't say that I have experienced better customer service. Well worth it.

Cons

My only complaint would be price, but that is really a nominal complaint. I have paid so much more, per month, for other types of software, research and other types of programs and services, that the pricing really isn't bad at all.

Love Smokeball!

Pros

I love how easy it is to teach others how to use Smokeball, and how we are able to add certain things to our own SB system to personalize it for our firm's use! I also love how they listen to their users, and are always adding new and better features! It is also great how easy they are to get in contact with should we ever have a problem.

Cons

One of the only things that I don't really like about Smokeball is that it can sometimes take longer than I would like to load. Switching between tasks and matters also sometimes takes a minute, and it will freeze for 30 or so seconds before actually switching.

Response from Smokeball

Replied January 2020

Thank you for this feedback! While we love to read the positive comments we also take concerns to heart; we'll continue to keep load times as a priority so that not a single minute is lost in your day.

Theodore from Law Office of Theodore Alatsas, Esq.

Best Practice/Case Management Software for small firms

Can overstate the quality of the program, the ease of use, and the customer service and support.

Pros

Cloud and local functionality, form creation, storage, automatic billing and time tracking, email integration, integration with word and outlook

Cons

ios application can use improvement, but works decently well.

Chris from GNGF

One of the best legal practice management software tools!

Pros

From the automated forms, document management, or the time tracking functionality, this software is perfect for any law firm looking to take their firm to the next level. The goal is to help attorneys run a more profitable law firm and that's exactly what you can expect when using it!

Sidney from Taylor & Taylor Law Firm

Smokeball

Pros

Cons

Nothing!! That is odd for me to say, but i cannot say enough good things about Smokeball

Sarah from MG

Excellent practice management software

Pros

Quite an intuitive platform with easy to use features. Time recording and billing are our favourite features! Smokeball allows easy file access in an organised platform.

Cons

Cost, however that's a pretty standard dislike for any legal software.

Sharon from Attorney Sharon Jackson

Great high tech automation but misses on basic options

I have gained a lot from using Smokeball, but I have had to give up things that I view as basic and simple needs in exchange. The company is open to hearing suggestions, but they are not quickly implemented. They are aware of the complaints that new users have, but they still don't discuss them in the sales demo. I would suggest buying one license only if you decide to try the software. You can add more later if you find that it works for you, but really use the software before adding more as it will take you a minute to realize all of the simple tasks it can't perform. If you have used other major software programs like Abacus or Practice Panther, you may not feel like the benefits are worth the hassle of the change. If this is your first case management system, you will be happy.

Pros

The integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook are great. Unlike other software programs, they work all the time and are easy to use. The templates and automation features help you save tremendous amounts of times doing routine work. The software does not crash and have bugs all the time like the previous software I used.

Cons

This is an out of the box, canned solution. Even on simple requests, ZERO customization is allowed. Also, they are HORRIBLE with allowing you to import data from other software systems. They basically expect each firm to just start over from scratch, other than importing contacts. This is crazy and unrealistic for small or large firms. Smokeball is a one size fits all tool that frequently falls short. It is very difficult to run reports. You have the ability to add labels and input data, but extremely limited ability to run reports to transform the data you have collected into useful information. During the demo, they show you nifty features like automated time keeping, but they neglect to tell you that if you turn on that feature, your invoices will get all messed up. You won't have the ability to itemize or discount each line item of work performed on the case, instead they group them together with a list of daily worked. There is a reason why they do not offer a try before you buy option or a month to month option. You have to sign up for a full year and then you are locked in.

Letisha from Letisha Luecking Orlet, P.C.

Absolutely the best!

This software enables me to run my business much more efficiently and accurately.

Pros

Smokeball is really wonderful and made a positive impact on my practice! The automation function is perfect. The auto time tracking and boost billing functions take Smokeball to the next level. It is hard to identify just one thing that I like most because everything about this software is amazing. It really has made my practice run smoothly and increased efficiency in my office. I converted from MyCase to Smokeball and the process was simple and relatively fast. I am so much happier with Smokeball! The customer service is out of this world as well. My account administrator took care of me every step of the way and made sure that I understood the process. She checked in on me to see how the conversion was going and did not hesitate to help me in any way.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like or that I like least. Every once in awhile, the system runs slowly and it seems that my documents do not sync quickly. But, that is really it. There is nothing to complain about because this software is so intuitive and easy to use.

ashleigh from C&M PC

BEST PROGRAM EVER!!

I love all the features- especially the AI feature, it has helped our attorneys to make sure they do not complete something but forget to bill for it. All of our firm's contacts are stored in one place, making everyone's address book on point for everyone to contact anyone, even if someone else added the contact I can still find it. I also love being able to search for a document by typing anything that you remember is in the document and it will search all the documents for that phrase.

Pros

Cons

If your internet goes out, you cannot access files.

Huma from Wigell Criminal Defense

Industry: Law Practice

Best case management software ever!

We were fairly early users of Smokeball and we could not be more pleased. Their software makes it so easy to write letters (which can be done off templates) and create standard documents. It's very easy to send them out, and organize them per file. It even links to email so emails can be similarly organized. Accessibility is the best part, as you've always got all the paperwork at your fingertips as long as you have a smartphone. The app is fantastic and makes it easy to make calls, email documents, etc. customer support literally responds within minutes and are the nicest folks ever. It's a great company and we couldn't be happier.

Pros

Accessibility, great app, immediate customer support.

Cons

No billing feature yet! :)

spencer from THE S E FARRIS LAW FIRM

Industry: Law Practice

Nice functions, too expensive for our little firm

Pros

the workflows and automation are great, the product was easy to use and we generally liked it. IN fact, I recommended it to several friends and they liked it as well.

Cons

After a year of beta testing, requesting and getting new features, the company raised the price subscription price 40%. This was too much for us to bite off, especially with no protection in the future. Some of the features like billing and accounting drove the price up but are of no use to our contingent fee based practice. In addition, my client data was on their server, not mine. The company was good to give quarterly backups on request but if the internet connection fails, which happens a couple times a year, we could only work on recently saved documents or from the last backup.

Janet from Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.

Smokeball review

Much better product that what we had before. Excellent staff training. Our staff likes it and that is what matters!

Pros

Fairly easy but I am still learning as support staff usually handle for me. Ease of entry of contacts to each matter. I read the info given to us and it helps me to read on paper! I am very busy with working on the "legal" end of cases so my time is limited as to all entries. I just add as I can.

Cons

It is meeting the needs of our firm except for the daily printing of a calendar that would show what all attorneys are doing. So far we are only able to print one day at a time.

Courtney from Dashiell Law Offices, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent software management tool for small firm.

One company provides four different services: Software management/document sharing, cloud-based back-up, billing software, and website support/creation!

Pros

It is intuitive and works seemlessly with Microsoft Word and Outlook; it provides excellent customer service; it is accessible from one's phone. I like all the automation features, particularly the way contacts will automatically update through all applicable matters when changed in just one location.

Cons

Not all aspects of litigation are cookie-cutter and sometimes some of the of the automation features don't quite fit with the case's subject matter and/or content. However, customer service is quick to help resolve any issue and to help customize their product to fit one's business needs

James from Bernicky Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

An essential part of our office

As a longtime Smokeball user, I can't imagine not using it! It's made so many parts of our practice easier, from keeping track of all our files, contacts, clients and documents. Every suggestion we've made has been considered (and I'm happy to say most, if not all, were integrated into the program). Support is top notch. Once you get everything set up the way you like it, it saves us so much time- I don't know where we'd be without it! I cannot recommend it enough!

Eric from BGKS

Industry: Law Practice

Great at what is goes well

Pros

The program acts as a central hub for the entire firm. Storing all client contact information, case information and uploaded documents. The direct integration with Office 365 for document creation and editing as well as email tracking makes the product what it is.

Cons

There are several features that are subpar (billing) or unnecessary (complimentary website) that have made the price double yet go unused. In the case of the billing program it is very basic and limited with bugs that make it unusable.

Jennifer from Kearney Law Office

Helpful Case Management Software

Pros

Ease of use, the Smokeball Team is very helpful and responsive.

Cons

You cannot link emails to a matter from the mobile app.

Response from Smokeball

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your response, Jennifer. It's feedback like this that keeps us honest, and drives our product forward. Our mobile app is undergoing tweaks and improvements as we speak so please be on the look out for our solution to your problem soon!

Administrator for law firm using this program.

Helped organize client files and made it easier to track and save emails to and from clients.

Pros

It is quite easy to save emails and documents to various clients and to search matters quickly. I like that I can pull up documents while on the phone with clients.

Cons

If not careful, it is easy to overlook tracked changes to documents. It is also occasionally difficult to remove clients who have been twice entered.

JOLYN from Law practice

SMOKEBALL REVIEW

OVERALL I REALLY LIKE IT AS IT DOES MAKE MY JOB EASIER.

Pros

THAT IT PULLS & SAVES ALL CLIENT INFORMATION TO MANY DIFFERENT DOCUMENTS.

Cons

WHEN YOU CHANGE DATES AFTER PREVIOUS CALCULATIONS IT DOES NOT UPDATE THE CALCULATION AUTOMATICALLY

ashleigh from Cassidy & Mueller, PC

I love the customer support. If there are any issues, they will work with you until they are fixed.

Linking everything together is great

Pros

I love that it links together everything I need to do in a day: ie: My cases with my calendar, my emails, etc.

Cons

I think there aren't many forms I use, and the ones I need, aren't in the library. I also think there are some gliches that need to be ironed out- sometimes my word documents wont open- i have to export them and save on my desktop and then open them.

Daniel from TheLegacyLawyer.Com

Ambitious integration

I have been using Smokeball for several months. It's amazingly powerful, integrating emails, documents, forms, and workflows. It has an activity tracker and allows you to create invoices, but billing/accounting integration is still weak. It may be too ambitious - one needs a powerful computer and for me sometimes fails to pull up Word. But customer service is very responsive and I'm impressed by their vision.

Pros

Emails and documents all in one place.

Cons

Still buggy from time to time.

Eric from Bentley, Gibson, Kopekci, Smith, P.C.

Impressed

Pros

Feature rich client and document management system integrates with office for document automation and email tracking

Cons

Poor billing program. No accounting or linking with QuickBooks. The offered document template set ups by their staff are poorly executed.

Sarah from Advocate Law, LLC

Smokeball is a great asset to my solo practice

It's easy to use - the fields are layed out in a way that makes sense. The support is phenomenal - I usually get a response within a couple hours. It helps me track data - it has all the key data points I need. It helps me stay on top of tasks - I set up dates/reminders with ease.

Pros

The customer support and its user-friendly design.

Cons

That it doesn't have email workflow capabilities (not campaigns, but workflows based on a client's status or stage in the process).

Jim from Law Office of James Fine

Smokeball Makes It Easy

I have used Smokeball for about four years. There are a lot of positive parts to this program - the ease of using Word documents; the templates for the various practice areas; the speed of finding documents, correspondence, and emails to name a few. Recently I was representing the sellers of a Chicago condominium. For some reason the attorney, lender, and both real estate brokers found emails easier than phone calls. An issue arose about seven days prior to closing which caused a flurry of emails (17) to be exchanged in about 35 minutes. Smokeball grouped and filed these emails in the proper client folder and allowed me to watch from the sidelines until the activity ceased. Once I saw that the parties had run out of responses, I reviewed the last email in the chain, initiated a conference call, and resolved the problem with a three minute phone call. Smokeball allowed me to keep an eye on developments while working on other pressing matters. One last note. I have had judges comment on the Word documents I've used and how easy it is to read the insertions and presentations of documents like the Cook County Memorandum of Judgment and the Illinois business forms.

Michael from Law Offices of Michael V. Kern

Industry: Law Practice

A major time-saver for a reasonable price for a solo practitioner. Great customer support!

Pros

Once you master form automation, there is no need to go back and re-draft the document. Better yet, a user can request that a new form be automated or created for his/her needs.

Cons

Sometimes automation process is counter-intuitive. Given the enormous number of possible fields, finding the one needed is not always easy.

Steven from Law Offices of SHS

Industry: Law Practice

A lawyer's dream come true

Tremendous functionality and an extremely affordable price

Pros

Very simply it does everything I need intuitively and cost-effectively. I no longer have to go from a Google doc to a calendar to a spreadsheet to my Outlook tasks everything is at my fingertips. Enter it once and forget about. What more can I say? So far the training and support has been top rate. I had a problem (due to a Microsoft update) they had me up and running in a matter of minutes so far extremely satisfied

Cons

So far can't think of anything - the program does everything they said it would do and I feel like a kid every time I discover some new unexplored functionality

Andrew from Andrew S White LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Perhaps if I had my own IT team on staff... but this was a waste of money. And they viruses us

Access to documents. Calendaring

Pros

Great promise for what it could do. And of you had a dedicated IT team it probably would work well. But as a small law firm it has been an expensive failure and disappoint

Cons

Bad support. Their new release effectively disabled my secretary's computer. And they couldn't find any problem. So my IT consultant had to do an emergency fix. Then it corrupts again when she tries to load smokeball. Yet smokeball tech support who looks at system says its running fine. It's not. Her computer is again on the virus ward at IT consultants office. Thanks Smokeball

Sarah from Advocate Law, LLC

Smokeball is perfect for a small to mid-sized firm

As a former CRM Administrator, I had high expectations. There are some areas that should expand with this product over time, but it currently meets my needs and is easy to use and configure.

Pros

Easy to use. Covers all my primary needs.

Cons

Has some limitations. Ex. email marketing workflows based on customer type or where they are in the process.

Melissa from Northwest Legal

Excellent for Small Firms

Pros

The software self tracks the time you spent drafting an email, reviewing a document, and editing or drafting. It is very customizable so that each matter contains in itself all the information you need for a case - no more searching through thousands of documents to find a claim number. It has auto fill options for your own templates and can be used wirelessly for those who travel. This program is absolutely amazing!

Cons

Having it in my computer, since it is a big program, makes it take some time to load and to open Microsoft word. I would recommend this for a separate work computer not for your everyday use computer.

Elina from Law Offices of Elina Golod, Ltd.

Best software EVER!

We cannot imagine how we did things before Smokeball came along. What would have taken a dozen tedious steps before takes two clicks now with Smokeball. For example, when we need to draft documents, we can prepare templates so the process is automated. When some matter detail changes (address has a typo, buyer's name changed), we can correct it in the matter and with two clicks we can have all our documents updated. In addition, Smokeball's workflow feature helps us ensure a file is progressing smoothly. The message function lets my paralegal take a call for me and the message is turned into a task in the file (to make sure I follow-up) AND I receive an email as well. There is truly nothing that Smokeball hasn't thought of to make our work easier. Also, Smokeball keeps rolling out updates to make a great product even better and provide more functionality for law firms. Everyone at the company is always friendly and courteous and helps us when there are issues. We are proud to use Smokeball and rave about it to anyone who will listen.

Patrick from Cheeley Law Group, LLC

Industry: Law Enforcement

Smokeball Review: Great Software

We are a small plaintiffs' firm and love the software. It's helping us get better organized. We look forward to further updates on the PI side of the software. I researched it before we signed on, and saw only good reviews. One techie gave it a 25 out of 25. So far, we are very pleased, and we only know how to use part of it. Looking forward to the Phase II training.

Cons

I would like to see some of the Statute of Limitation and Ante Litem notice changes I have mentioned in the past. Keep up with deadlines is the MAIN reason PI lawyers want case management software.

Peter from Kitson & Schuyler PC

Smokeball's Website Service

I recently signed up for Smokeball's case management service and discovered that they had wonderful web designers, who create professional mobile-friendly websites for attorneys who subscribe to Smokeball's service at no additional cost. My firm saved thousands of dollars and my website was up and running in under a week. They found beautiful photographs specific to my locality in the Hudson Valley and came up with a design that looked as great on a mobile phone as it does on a computer screen. The team was very helpful in understanding our marketing needs as a small firm and our desire to have a website that provides helpful information for both new and existing clients.

Judith from Law Office of Judith Jenz

So happy I invested in Smokeball

Smokeball has streamlined the process of a paperless office. It is well worth the money in time saved. The file management and document automation are priceless.

Pros

File storage, email storage and automation.

A from C&M

Great if used right!

Smokeball representatives make the experience worth the chaos to change over! They will dedicate an unlimited amount of time to making the service work for your firm~

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Doesn't have addin for adobe!

Adam Joseph from Childers Law Firm, PLLC

You get what you pay for

Time and ease of mind knowing everything is in one place.

Pros

The integration with word and outlook is better than any other mgmt software I have used. I was using Clio, but switched and have not thought twice or looked back. The document automation features in word make setting up a template a breeze. It's been more than expected.

Cons

Cost was the main concern I had going into this transition, but you get what you pay for and the time I save is extraordinary in comparison to other law practice mgmt software.

Great Program

This program is amazing. It's extremely helpful, especially in a small firm. I am able to easily manage all of my cases and all of my tasks without a problem. I can move cases over and transition easily from one thing to another.

Pros

I really appreciated the fact that this program allows me to use Outlook and Word in conjunction with this program. It really makes everything easier. This program can also create a printable form with the day's calls, tasks, and events. I'm able to prioritize my day and keep myself on track.

Cons

This program only allows for broad searches, but otherwise it is great and I don't have a lot of complaints. I've found this to be extremely helpful.

Scott from Law Offices Of Scott A. Miller, A Professional Corporation

Industry: Law Practice

Staff is very attentive and right with you all the way.

Pros

Staff is very attentive and right with you all the way. There is a continuous training either via computer or Technical support. It has the best timekeeping system I have used so far. Timekeeping is the essence of my business since I do mostly class actions and need to keep very accurate records of time and expenses.

Cons

Even comes with a free website. This is my fourth cloud management software in the last five years. Definitely this is the most advanced and useful.

April 2016

Madeline from The Bennington Law Firm, Inc.

April 2016

Smokeball has transformed my law practice!

I was initially hesitant to try Smokeball because there were so few user reviews available, other than those on their website. I have been using Smokeball for a little over three months and I LOVE it! I am not particularly tech savvy and it is incredibly easy to use. The customer service and support have been great. Right before I started with Smokeball I left my four attorney law practice to become a solo practitioner. Smokeball has been indispensable in helping me get and stay organized, catalogue documents and emails so that they're easily retrievable, and creating documents. The new "Activity Tracker" that just came out with Smokeball looks like it will be another great feature and will help me track my time to make sure I'm billing for the work that I do. If I could recommend only one product to a solo or small firm attorney, it would definitely be Smokeball.

Michelle from Law Office of Paul B. Mack

Industry: Law Practice

This software does it all!

We did a lot of research before selecting Smokeball... it caters to all computer skill levels.

Pros

Scale-ability.... our firm was working without any platform and outsourcing our billing. At first we were just looking for a billing program, but we were sold on Smokeball as soon as we watched the demo. Now we are saving time and money!

Cons

The cost is high per user, but well worth the money! I looked at how much we were spending on other programs and not getting the full package.

Elizabeth from Widdows Law Firm PC

April 2016

Smokeball Customer Service personnel are THE best!

I'm a paralegal with a small/mid size law firm. We have been using Smokeball for approximately 6 months. I'm not real tech savvy, so the thought of learning any new software program is normally a nightmare for me. When I found out we were going to be using this new legal software, I was pretty anxious. However, much to my delight, I have found Smokeball to be relatively easy to use, and if I can't figure out how to do something on my own, customer service is always on it with lightning speed. The personnel at Smokeball are extremely knowledgeable and courteous. Phone calls and emails are returned promptly, and I never have to dread picking up the phone to ask for help, fearing someone will speak to me in an alien technical language! They explain things in terms that are easy to understand and are very pleasant to deal with.

Mark from Breunig Law Inc.

Industry: Law Practice

Started using 1 year ago as document and email mgmt solution. It's gotten a lot less clunky.

Improved document and task tracking. Io

Pros

Starting to add billing and qb integration. Template options are nice for repeat productivity. AI time tracking could be great feature if it continues to improve. Like the UI and the always available in the cloud feature.

February 2016

Miriam from Widdows Law Firm PC

February 2016

Smokeball Review

I believe this is a fantastic law practice management software. We've been using it since October, 2015 and are very pleased with it thus far. We are a small to medium-sized law practice of 6 attorneys and 6 support staff. I was tasked, since I'm the IT person as well as the Office Administrator, Accounts Payable/Receivable and all-around Go-To person, with researching the various cloud-based Practice Management software available. The Pro that sold me as an IT person was the ease of being able to retrieve our client data files should we at some point decide to terminate our relationship with Smokeball. None of the other software I researched had that capability. Smokeball is very intuitive and appears so far to be extremely easy to pick up and implemented by our staff.

Jeremiah from Raxter Law

Smokeball Review

Our office has recently installed Smokeball and it is a wonderful and beneficial program that has helped our law office stay organized and efficient. Through the many characteristics and programs the software offers, we have been able to keep better track of our clients and matters. All of the representatives we have talked to when experiencing problems have been extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the representatives answer all questions with positivity and certainty, and we have yet to experience any issues. Smokeball is easy to navigate and use and offers a wide range of helpful tools to keep our files organized. I highly recommend the Smokeball to other law offices if you are in search of a highly functional and well organized program.

Darien from Parks Motors

Smokeball review

Pros

Definitely helped as far as organization of emails and other important documents. Easy to use and also has a speedy search engine.

Cons

Information is misplaced if your not careful really have to watch what your doing so you dont make a mistake

The Best Practice Management Software!

It's a great company that serves smaller law firms. Their customer service team is fantastic and can work very hard to make things easier.

Pros

What's not to love? Everything is in one place and looks fantastic! Client's info, documents, notes, calendar items, billing, it's all in front of you. It's very user-friendly and simple to use. It was the answer to my every "I wish I could...." with what we're using now. You can tell it was developed by lawyers and legal professionals.

Cons

Nothing. It's really easy to use and saves lots of time!

Tricia from Kleinpeter & Kleinpeter

April 2016

Customer Service is excellent.

We've been using the software for 3 months now. We couldn't integrate our old practice management software and decided to just start from scratch. The customer service provided to help us do so has been exceptional. No delays in responses and 'walk-through' for specific questions we've had were provided very quickly. We look forward to billing be added to the program. After that, it will provide everything we need for practice management, document production, Outlook and Word integration and use outside of the office. We've got 3 people in the office and it's been an easy installation process and learning process thus far.

STEVEN from Law Office of Steven J. Alves

April 2016

I've tried the rest. Smokeball is the best.

I have tried Lexis Nexus Firm Manager, Clio, MyCase, Amicus, Abacus, Rocket Matter, Credenza, Houdini, Bill 4 Time, Time matters... you name it. Smoke Ball is the best. Pros: The organization of information in one location is fantastic. The document automation works the way I had hoped the competitors' would work. The integration of Word and Outlook are amazing time savers. The new Ai feature is awesome. Con: No time and billing BUT this feature is in the works.