• Pros

• "Really easy to use, high levels of control, good customisation options"

• "I love the ease of use, on our end and for our customers. It's a well developed tool to integrate social proof into our site. "

• "The ease of use is incredible. The dashboard is very easy to navigate and make changes that will help your business. "

• Cons

• "At times the interface can be a little overwhelming but if you take your time, follow the tutorials you will be just fine."

• "It is pricey, worth it- yes. But, it's not a small cost by any means."

• "Installation looks easy at first but sometimes requires some knowledge of coding. Not a real con but I thought you should know that."

Browse Yotpo Reviews

Travis from Sharp Commerce

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

Justin from Cozy Earth

Easy To Use

It's been great for the most part.

Pros

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Just staying with Trustpilot or looking at other options.

Response from Yotpo

Replied October 2019

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Stephen from Revant Optics

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

We were originally on Magento, and Yotpo was the best option that integrated well with that platform, had Google Seller Ratings, and customization capabilities we needed.

Albin from Online Store

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how incompetent we are. Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued. 2. There were two of us working in Yotpo, and it was a bit problematic. During the summer there were six of us, and we had to come up with our own solutions to prevent two or three of us not to answer the same reviews, or four of us trying to find the answer to the same question. There is no way to see what questions your colleagues are working with, and no way to make notes on a question or review. We usually spend an hour every day copying all the questions to a separate online document, and all the reviews (with rating, user e-mail address, and order number) to another document to be able to handle it.

Ben from Manuka Doctor

Has helped our business

Pros

Yotpo has allowed us to gather thousands of customer reviews that help provide social proof to drive new customer purchases. We have been using the softeware successfully for over 2 years and have now signed up to their SMS marketing platform.

Cons

The Facebook advertising integration is very basic and does not allow for well crafted adverts to be launched.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

I was more confident in what was offered by Yotpo and it works across our multiple websites.

Abraham from wholesale Home

Great functionality but...

Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Since Yotpo integrates well with this rewards app

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

John from Beast Brands, Inc.

Arguably the best out there, bit pricey

Yotpo is one of the best and possible the best in online ecomm reviews.

Pros

Automated reviews and automated settings, social push, and rich snippets

Cons

Doesn't integrate with subscription apps (though does integrate with shopify) and price.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

We consider numerous apps in the shopify app store.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi John! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying Yotpo! We're constantly working to improve our product and how we serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Yemin from LocoBeauty

Best review app period.

More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

Brittney from Orchard Corset

Fabulous support!

We have worked with Yotpo for many years, I inherited them when I grew into my position and they made the transition very simple and easy. I appreciate that Yotpo is always looking for new ways to help customers.

Pros

New & exciting features! Yotpo is always adding new features to make their platform more enticing. Excellent support, they are always eager to help.

Cons

It is pricey, worth it- yes. But, it's not a small cost by any means.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Brittney! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community. Our pricing structure is definitely custom built to each and every business & we're happy to hear you're seeing the results.

Elizabeth from Top of the World Dist.

The best way to help improve your business.

In today's world, people HAVE to see real people, verified people, who are talking about your product. This is the easiest and best way to do it.

Pros

Users can search by keywords that are used frequently. The widget can easily be installed into a website (I am not a tech person and did it myself). The support is super helpful and truly wants you to love the product. And overall, every retail website should be using this to help their customers make informed decisions and ask questions directly. The dashboard makes it super easy to answer those questions and help interested buyers.

Cons

The email integration is not seamless with Hubspot.

Seth from Precision Pro Golf

Industry: Sporting Goods

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

It was very clear that Yotpo was providing the absolute best solution compared to its competitors.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Ellie from Knifewear

Premium customer reviews solution

Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Matthew from Mason Brands

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.

Katie from Badgley Mischka Web

Amazing Application

Yotpo really encourages our users to leave reviews on our site which is invaluable as far SEO is concerned. It has created a forum for customers to ask questions about products and share their real life experience and use of our products. It has improved our customer engagement and we have really gained insight into their journey on our site.

Pros

Easy to build photo galleries. Easy to collect social media posts relating to our products. Customer reviews are easy to filter and display and their sentiment readings help filter out problematic reviews. Collecting reviews is extremely easy and we receive a steady stream everyday.

Cons

We dont use the tool as best we can. Gathering permissions for user generated content has been a slow process.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

As a customer I recognized many brands in the yotpo community. When seeing the brands using this service it all made sense. They all stood out as some of my favorite brands and I always wanted to emulate these companies marketing strategies. Yotpo is the engine behind these brands success at engaging customers, collecting feedback or reviews, and getting the conversation going about why these brands and their products are so loved.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Katie! We really appreciate you leaving a review and are happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the benefits.

Elise from The Synergy Effect

Great Review Platform - Could Be Better

Overall, Yotpo is a great reviews platform that is easy to use and manage, even across multiple brands and products, all under one account.

Pros

In terms of functionality, Yotpo is easy to implement and use, from both a front-end and back-end perspective. It easily hosts your product's (or company's) reviews and displays them on the website is a visually aesthetic way, with customizable features.

Cons

It would be great to implement a feature that allows the user on the customer's end to have more filter options for the reviews. There are other review platforms that have more fields to answer, therefor offering more information for the customer to browse when looking at reviews. Since referrals and reviews are one of the first things customers look at before purchasing, giving more information options (beyond name, product, and product rating) along with making filter features easy to accessible allows the customer to access more detailed information, but helps to make the conversion quicker.

Cody from Shady Lake Visionaries LLC

Yotpo is a must have!

Pros

Cons

How it only hooks up to Google sometimes. It was all the time during search it would be hard to beat.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Price, Support, and Features.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Cody! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community. It sounds like you might be describing an integration issue - if that's the case, please feel free to reach out to our support team who would love to help out.

aireen from WaterField Designs

A bit expensive

We tried YOTPO for a year. The price was high compared to what we needed, so didn't renew. Needed only the Review function and SEO, not the rest. I think the pricing, which is based on the amount of review e-mails sent, is not a valid way of pricing. It does not take into account the % who respond with a review, which is the more accurate metric. If the price was based on # of reviews received, it would reflect on the product's ease of use. It could also be based on features used, which is another metric based on the value a merchant places on the features. Also, not having the reviews in HTML so it can be searched is a big drawback. Hope this helps.

Pros

- Sending out reviews w/ up-sell opportunities - Reporting capabilities - User interface to display reviews is nice on the website - Rich snippet feature for SEO

Cons

- the Moderation menu got more confusing. I liked the old interface better--it was easier to follow. - Support doesn't respond right away. It can take a day or two to resolve an issue. - The Reviews are not searchable so doesn't contribute to SEO.

Jorden from Skid Steer Solutions, INC.

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Good Bad Great Good Great Amazing Bad and Great Again

Yotpo has a great product but I experienced a few issues in my time using it that were extremely inhibiting to me finding my groove with it. I think they need a custom plan for low volume high priority/price retailers online but I am happy they were able to customize my billing and make it easier to stay onboard - it's not entirely what I need being that we are low volume and high price. Yes, we do exist. I think that for $ a month, I should be able to whitelabel with the Powerhouse plan, for some reason they think I shouldn't but I understand their need to market the product. I am continuing to work with the application and use it to the best of my ability. The title of this review reflects that the experience has been turbulent from bad to excellent but I am much happier knowing now that I have an actual dedicated account manager. The last manager was great, I just think he was falling behind probably due to Yotpo killing it and growing so quickly. I am excited to utilize the tool and see what we can get out of it. Thank you Yotpo for a Good, Great, Bad, Amazing, Bad, Great, Good Excellent product.

Pros

Great Features, TPR and Social Ads

Cons

Only good for high volume online retailers.

Gene from Malkoff Devices, Inc.

YOTPO Really Works!

See Above.

Pros

The fact that it really works as advertised. The first 6 years we were in business we gathered some 200+ reviews for various products. In the last 4 years we have gathered nearly 3500 reviews for various products and the website. The reviews are presented in a professional manner on the website and the star ratings are featured in web searches.

Cons

I am not a web guru or coding guy. Some knowledge of these items is necessary for proper implementation of the software. I really appreciate the semi-annual checkups from the YOTPO service technicians. They are very helpful.

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review! Happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo & our customer support team is hitting the mark.

Ardalan from Eargo

Industry: Medical Devices

So many features... Amazing support

There are maybe more than 100 review apps that can help your company grow organic content or ask customers to write site, and product reviews. But Yotpo is on a completely different level than most. They regularly update their product, have so many features that can help your onsite and offsite strategies, and most importantly (at least for our company), they have a great team of account executives, experts, strategists, and support staffs. We started our experience almost 2 years ago (Yotpo strategist: Hannah Kim) and Yotpo keeps exceeding our expectations with new features every month.

Pros

Amazing features - could help both e-commerce and non-ecommerce websites - Great quick support

Brett from Quietkat Inc.

Great product that is easy to use and helpful for our company

We needed a more streamlined way to collect and put-to-work our customer reviews. Before Yotpo we were hearing great things from customers but had no way to easily collect this in real-time and then use in our marketing. Yotpo solved all those issues and its simple and easy to use.

Pros

That it simplifies the review collection process for us as a company, but also make it easy for the customer.

Cons

I'm not sure I have any cons, but looking for more help on how to implement Yotpo with our email product Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Enhanced SEO benefits, talking with other customers about their expereince with Yotpo

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Brett! Thanks for leaving a review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying Yotpo! As far as support on the integration with Klaviyo, you've probably seen this, but I've included a link that may help. If you're still having issues, you can put in a support request or message us on social media! https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/klaviyo-integration-guide

Samim from Senorita Creations

One of the great tool for review automation & curation

Pros

We have used this tool to collect reviews and ratings for our products. The integration part was very easy and we can select how and when to send the invitation to write the reviews. We can even send mass invitation to our customers by uploading an excel sheet to write a review. The automation part is really very good where after successfully delivering an order we can set the system up that way where it will send the review email. We can even encourage our customer to post images of the products along with their review and then we can tag that image with the actual product in our site. It really helps make a product very much worth. We can customize the email templates as per our theme and taste.

Cons

I have not found any major cons which i need to share here.

Russell from Doze

Industry: Furniture

While expensive, Yotpo has been extremely helpful for us in capturing content and converting leads.

Yotpo provided us with the ability to get real "third party" reviews from customers and post them on our site. This gave us instant credibility and validated the quality of our product which led to a higher conversion rate. We were also able to use this customer generated content for social media ads which led to more unique visitors and in turn, more sales.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and customize. With Yotpo, we were able to launch with a dedicated reviews page and reviews carousel that was completely customized to fit the look and feel of our site. Emails to customers requesting reviews are super simply and easy to publish to the site. Yotpo has really helped in validating and providing credibility to our product and brand.

Cons

Price. They have pretty aggressive sales reps and only work on annual contracts. While effective, it's by far our largest software subscription in terms of spend. We locked ourselves into the pro version and once you implement it on your site, it's difficult to downgrade to a cheaper version.

Susan from Spud, Inc.

One Thing We Were Missing

When they say you have a customer care representative who is available to help at all times. They mean that. We didn't need much after a few calls, but our representative is always responsive to emails and answers my questions. That is what makes the $$ spent worth it. The product is great, but the support is even greater.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. It makes the hard things - posting product adds to social media - easy and automatic so there is no worry each week. Plus, the design of the ads is very pleasing, so you don't have to worry about trying to make them look like you want.

Cons

The biggest thing was that I did not understand before we purchased about how the API installation would work. It wasn't until after we spent the money that I found out my ecom platform doesn't do 3rd party API keys. That means I have to manually create the spreadsheet every month to send out review emails. Had I known this ahead of time, we still would have purchased but I would have been more prepared for the workload.

Kaycee from Apolla Performance Wear

Clutch for our Business

Fantastic, I appreciate the customer service and that I feel my feedback is heard and received. I had been asking for integration with MailChimp since we signed on...was SO happy to see the integration launch this year!

Pros

Having reviews has not only helped customers trust a purchase, but it helps in advertising and SEO. Absolutely worth the investment for our start-up!

Cons

I wish there was a keyword sort function for customers. When they go to our Reviews page we have over 1200 reviews now, it would be nice if they could search for keywords so they could find reviews applicable to their needs and questions. i.e. how is the sizing, arch support, ankle support, etc.

Corie from Wanderer Bracelets

User-Generated Content Made Simple with Yotpo!

The Yotpo integration with Shopify greatly improved conversion on my company's product pages. Not only did our reviews show the popularity of our products, but many customers wrote detailed stories of how they connected deeply to their product. This added another dimension to the product page! Through Yotpo, we were also able to search through all of the reviews and add our favorites to landing pages, post-sale emails and social media posts. This user-generated content built trust with our customers and enabled us to show off how relational our company was! The platform is easy to use and the appearance can be modified to fit seamlessly with your website theme. Automated and customizable emails make it easy to gather reviews for your website, and you can choose which ones are displayed on your website. Simple - and worth every dollar!

Pros

Simplicity in integration with Shopify. Customizable design on the website. Improves conversions on the product page. Great to publish reviews directly to Twitter & Facebook or turn into paid ad content.

Cons

The search function within the back end is faulty sometimes.

Stacy from Dr. Clark Store

Worth the money

We've had great feedback since using Yotpo! It's nice to hear honest reviews of or products, site, and services. Even the not-so-good reviews help us figure out how we can up our game. And it's easy to use - just set your parameters and you're on auto-pilot. And make the necessary tweaks as needed.

Pros

Easy to use. Just set up your after purchase email text and select when the email gets triggered and Yotpo does all the rest.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the store owner to comment on customers' answers to questions. Sometimes there are more relevant issues that can be addressed by the store owner, but you can only comment on the original question asked.

Cody from Filter Systems Australia

Excellent addition to Retail Websites

We had a hard time previously to gain product reviews and the few we did have we could not utilise and display how we wanted it to. YPTPO has provided all the tools we require to make this all happen.

Pros

It is mostly set and forget which is great for us as we don't have much time to dedicate to things like this.

Cons

The price is significant compared to other options however, we find that YOTPO has been a great addition to our website & we would not be looking to change.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Cody! We're really happy to hear you're enjoying Yotp and seeing the results. Our pricing structure is definitely catered to the individual needs of each business and is something we're always considering to make sure we're serving our customers in the best way possible. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Mike from United By Blue

The perfect review app for scaling ecommerce businesses

At a very basic level, Yotpo has been great at getting us quality reviews. But Yotpo is much more than just a review platform because we are using it as part of our post purchase customer experience with triggered email sent to our customers a couple weeks after they have placed their order. This email is a great opportunity to keep the line of communication with the customer open and with the discount code integrations with Shopify we are able to send out incentives for reviews which not only encourages more reviews on our site, but it also encourages repeat purchase activity from these customers. This helps us build a higher average LTV because customers are incentivized to shop, review, and repeat. Yotpo has also been great for scaling our business. We started with a very basic package that was easy to integrate into our Shopify site(up and running in a day), but we have upgraded along the way and are now using a more robust offering that allows us to send dynamic coupon codes(to eliminate the chance of code abuse), add fit details to the review pages, and make the reviews searchable in google listings. These features and functionality allow us to look and function the review section of our site at a level that is comparable to much larger competitors and ecommerce companies. Overall, Yotpo is a no-brainer for your business.

James from Colewood

Good review platform, some quirks

Pros

Overall the platform is great, easy to use and the back end has everything you need. Simple customisation is easy, but we opted for modifying the templates which took​ some time to figure out with using Liquid partials etc​.

Cons

Some things aren't very customisable, such as the text for different tagged products. We have one site where we are tagging two different types of product so want the text to reflect the two products, but that isn't an option. When testing live review data you can only send to an email once as it thinks​ it's a real customer. The testing method to see if an email looks ok doesn't use live data so it can't be checked.

Response from Yotpo

Replied August 2019

Hi James! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We hear your frustrations and I've put in a request to our team to consider the tagged product text customization as they continue to improve the product. As for testing live review data, that is currently the case- if you want to test it live, you can always send the request to support and we will manually send the review request for a specific product.

tiffany from Lucy Darling

Great Product, but too Expensive.

I think Yotpo is great overall, I just think you can get a very similar product for much less.

Pros

I really liked how easy this was to integrate into our site and it had great functionalities. Plus it looked nice on the product pages.

Cons

It was WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. After working with Yotpo for 2+ years we switched to a competitor because we got mostly all the same features, but for less than half the price.

Response from Yotpo

Replied February 2020

Hi Tiffany, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback, please know that is has not gone unseen and is a huge part of how we continue to develop our roadmap. Our pricing is created to scale with companies & their needs- whether they're just getting started or have been around for decades. With that said, we are continuously expanding our packages to better suit the needs of each and every company out there. We're sorry to hear that you weren't able to experience our platform to the fullest & recommend looking at the other brand examples and case studies on our site should you choose to work with Yotpo again in the future.

Beau from True Protein

Likely the most full featured review aggregator and feedback system available.

The customer support and on-boarding experience has been very good.

Pros

From a features standpoint, yotpo stood out from the other options we looked at. In practice, it seems that the service lives up to it's claims and we've only just scratched the service on all the things they offer. Customer support has been prompt and accommodating and there have been no hidden fees or unexpected charges for "custom work", etc. Setup is well documented and flexible enough for developers to sink their teeth in. Integration with other services is good.

Cons

Product feeds and updates. The way Yotpo handles new products vs product updates via two seperate uploads is strange. In my mind, it would all be handled by the same upload. Why not adopt a standard feed system like what google and FB use? Transferring our existing reviews was mostly smooth, but there were a couple hiccups for grouping child product reviews under a parent. Also, our SKUs included a '-' character which had to be replaced with another character as this was not allowed by yotpo's system. A strange requirement. We have devs in-house to tackle these little hurdles, but if you don't have anyone technical on hand YMMV.

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

Great Review System

Yotpo is pretty easy to implement. It also has a good conversion rate from emails sent after the purchase (much of this depends on the quality of your email). I'm a consultant that has used it with small mom & pop projects and large multimillion dollar businesses. If you are looking for an ecommerce review system, definitely checkout out Yotpo.

Pros

Ease of implementation Features Ease of use

Cons

Difficulty in updating reviews but this is to be expected. If it was easy, the trust factor would be lost as merchants would potentially be changing their reviews willy nilly.

Vivian from Hey Viv Inc

Yotpo Helps You Get Reviews

I needed reviews for my website and product reviews that would be collected automatically with minimal work on my part. A bonus is that they could be shared to other sites like Facebook, and Twitter.

Pros

I use the free version of Yotpo. It was easy to install on my website and once it was done it started collecting reviews and posting them once I approved them. I haven't had any problems. Yotpo also helps you to easliy post the reviews on your social media sites.

Cons

There's something about navigating the dashboard on Yotpo that I can't get the hang of. Everytime I go on to check and approve my reviews I have to follow my notes. It's not intuitive. I can get it done but it's a small frustration.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

It offered more features to collect reviews plus customizable templates.

Response from Yotpo

Replied October 2019

Hi Vivian, thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate your feedback and especially your note about the dashboard as we continue to develop and improve our product and services.

Todd from Decorative Film LLC.

Industry: Building Materials

Integral part of any rounded E-commerce Strategy

Pros

Yotpo has been crucial for us. We knew that product reviews were a missing piece of the puzzle but we struggled to bring them in for years. With Yotpo we were able to gather nearly 1500 reviews in our first year! This has resulted in a huge increase in customer confidence and in turn increased sales. We also recently added the Visual Marketing component which is now helping us to solve another long standing issue, gathering user generated content. Would highly suggest Yotpo's services as they may be one of the best values in the game.

Cons

Would make some slight changes to the way reviews can be shown on our website.

Jon from David's Clothing

Yotpo is great for the online business needing reviews for their site.

Yotpo reviews have been a needed part of our growing online business. I wish they offer smaller price packages for small business trying to grow.

Pros

I like how easy the dashboard is to manage the reviews. I like how you can choose to hide or reject scam or unreasonable reviews (reviews under 3 stars). It's amazing how you bend over backwards for customers but then they leave bad reviews anyway. This software allows​ you to choose which ones go public/private. They also allow Product specific reviews or Brand reviews.

Cons

The pricing options. When I discussed the pricing with a salesman they had 2 options. The free plan, or one that costs 8,000 upfront for the year. Unfortunately, as a small business, we cannot jump into something like that not knowing the risk and potentials. However please not that we still do their free plan monthly and get up to 50 reviews per month. This helps on our evergreen products.

Response from Yotpo

Replied August 2019

Hi Jon! Thanks so much for leaving a review, we're happy to hear that Yotpo is working out for you. As far as pricing, any price jumps are aligned with desired functionalities. We're always working to be as accessible and diverse in our offerings as possible, so thank you for sharing your feedback! We really appreciate it.

Yotpo - An amazing review platform that you really should check out

Pros

We have been using these guys since they started.. so got real lucky on the pricing. It has really helped our customers have trust in our company due to seeing 'real' customer reviews of our services and products.

Cons

Only con to be honest.. is they have added features but as we had there original top package at a silly cheap price we are not allowed the new feature unless we change to the new plans. It's a fair point as the price far outweighs the features.

John from Plasticplace

Quality Product

Overall I have had a very positive experience with Yotpo. Its a versatile program that helps us connect with our customers and get some honest feedback. They have some great integrations that help us show potential customers how transparent we are as a company and has been vital to our growing business.

Pros

- Very easy to use and understand - Really helps connect with customers - Highlights areas we can improve on - Shows other customers what is important to us

Cons

- The search filters on some aspects could use an update - Picture attachment approval could use some work - Some customers don't understand how to reply to the prompts

Monty from FTF Industries, Inc.

Yatpo Really Helps Our Business

Pros

Yatpo is very beneficial for us because it lets our customers tell others about the high quality of our merchandise and the high level of our customer service which drives business and helps new customers feel confident when ordering from us.

Cons

There are no negatives with Yatpo review software

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Monty, thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo!

Durk from eAccountable

Always use Yotpo for reviews

We need to add reviews to our ecommerce customer's sites. Has to be easy to deploy through major ecommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify and BigCommerce. Has to show up in Google search results. Has to have the ability to easily reply to reviewers within the platform. Must have good customer support should anything go wrong. Yotpo has all of this and more.

Pros

Customer support is always outstanding and tools are easy to deploy and use.

Cons

Don't really have any issues with software.

Martijn from Francie Group

Industry: Wholesale

Great pieces of software

We've been using it a couple of years now and are really happy with the software & the support of the team. Always happy to help us if needed.

Pros

Does exactly what you need it to do, but better then their competitors.

Cons

- easy integration - easy management - insights in ROI

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Martijn! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community.

Brandon from Quite Right Records

YOTPO is fantastic!

Constant customer feedback, which helps us build better products and revise one's that need it and rid others. Yotpo is great!

Pros

Easy to use, great follow up email and also their support staff is one of a kind! I first heard of them when they reached out to our store on Shopify. Their support staff is incredibly friendly, not pushy, and their free plan is great to test out the waters and really see it in action. It's easy to setup, navigate and also has shown immediate results with reviews and follow ups.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything, maybe the pricing structure, but even that isn't terrible. The introduction to it was great, even though at first I was a bit apprehensive, but I love the product now.

Alex from GroWell

Great spftware

Pros

Really like be the ability to respond to reviews. Also, I would love to be the verified user/buyer tags which really add weight to the review. The mail after the purchase has worked really well in generating large numbers of reviews also and is probably my favorite feature.

Cons

Pricing is quite high and some of the integrations to other 3rd party software should come in the lower price tiers.

Adam from e3 Diagnostics

Industry: Medical Devices

Great tool for soliciting reviews

I've been using Yotpo for a little over a year now and have gained 60+ new reviews from customers on my website. I'm very satisfied with the results.

Pros

I use Yotpo for reviews on my Shopify website. It is an awesome tool. I am able to send customers automated emails asking them to review the products and experience shopping on the site. It's a way to get quality reviews without putting in too much time and effort.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. It's awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Response from Yotpo

Replied October 2019

Hi Adam! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're thrilled to hear you're seeing the benefits and enjoying using Yotpo.

Have been using for 4+ Years

Pros

When we first started out, Yotpo was a free service as they were trying to gain market share. The platform and user interface has always been easy to use and has allowed our small business to show potential customers what real customers have to say about the products they are ordering. Reviews are one of the most important factors for decision making and Yotpo has made gathering reviews in natural and unintrusive ways easy and effective.

Cons

Though it may be a little pricey, the functionality and the quality of the interface are worth while, for small businesses who don't have products in stores, reviews are a necessity so it may not be the cheapest option but from our experience it is worth the money.

Alex from Growell

Great software

Yotpo is a great review solution for a small to medium business. The moderation tools are excellent and significantly better for a small team than competing products

Pros

Really easy to use, high levels of control, good customisation options

Cons

Some of the integrations are tricky. It could do with more customisation options. I don’t like the level to which features are paywalled.

Nice Product at a Reasonable Price

I certainly think we have been able to convert more of our visitors with the increase volume and breadth of product reviews we have on our site. The service and support has been very responsive to our inquiries.

Pros

The software is very helpful at increasing the amount of feed back we get from our customers. It has also helped us gather reviews on products that we typically would not get reviews on. Being a small to medium size business that software is priced appropriately and I feel that we are getting a good ROI on our partnership with Yotpo.

Cons

We lack the ability to truly customize the customer facing aspect of the product. There are many things we would like to change but the platform does not allow it. I also have some small concerns on the technology side and the weight it adds to page load but I do believe the benefits of the product outweigh the negatives.

Molly from Solmate Socks

Yotpo has been such a success for our business - highly recommend!

We have increased our on-site reviews from less than 100 to 1,000+ in a matter of months. The experience has been easy and seamless for me, which is great because I dont have to dedicate a ton of time to it.

Pros

Yotpo was easy to install, easy to monitor and we've seen such great results from it. The customer service team is awesome and always willing to help and troubleshoot (and do it quickly). Highly recommend!

Cons

There are some features that aren't easily customizable so it can cause some frustration when having to outsource or work with their team to get it exactly as you want it. But nevertheless, they're extremely helpful so that's never too much of a pain.

Dmitri from Buckwholesale.com

Good for 3rd party software

The biggest benefit is sales.

Pros

The best part of the software is that not only does it collect reviews but it sends out the emails automatically and can post directly to social media.

Cons

The worst part about the software is the cost . It seems like 5k+ per year is a little bit of an overkill for essentially a email marketing company.

The best review app

Pros

All of my competitors were using this app and i decided to use it too. Its the most effective review app ive used to date. It automates review reminders so i dont have to and it also doubles as damage control if a customer relays that they haven't received their item yet, which allows me to follow up and fix the problem. Solid app, goes above and beyond just standard reviews.

Cons

The design looks a little tacky, could look a little less cluttered.