• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and great customer service"

• "Mostly that it is easy to use. Most screens are self explanatory and do not require a lot of explanation. Things are easy to find."

• "It is pretty easy to get in touch with support people There are lots of reports that you can run Its inexpensive"

• Cons

• "The cost of the product will never compare to that of something without the cloud, however, they do have hardware storage options which are less expensive."

• "Some of the settings are a bit complicated or make things more difficult (when writing notes you have to make sure to click the boxes in order or the information disappears.)"

• "Not s practice management system for orthopedics. There is no faking it. We had to learn how to “jerry rig” the system to work for us"

Browse Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

February 2016

Carrie from Regal Oak Counseling, LLC

February 2016

Powerful Software and Solutions for Businesses of All Sizes

Pros

We reviewed numerous practice management solutions but were unable to settle on any one, as there was always a missing part or feature we needed. As a new business, balancing considerations related to cost and access proved more difficult than anticipated - at least until we found Compulink Psych Advantage! The robust and versatile nature of Compulink Psych Advantage was a complete surprise, providing everything we need in an affordable solution that addresses current concerns while allowing for projected growth. The continual improvements and openness to client feedback is refreshing and appreciated. The Compulink Team is extremely professional, offering guidance and assistance through every step of the implementation process. Their attention to detail and obvious care to ensure every need is addressed and handled quickly makes them an invaluable asset to Compulink, and our business as well.

Cons

In looking at Compulink Psych Advantage, the demo was quite helpful in providing an overview. I was initially disappointed there was not an option to log into a test version of the software to 'try it out' beforehand. If you are a hands on person who needs to try it first before you decide, you may be disappointed to find a working demo version is not yet available. However, the demo was more thorough than anticipated and Psych Advantage was as easy to navigate as it appeared.

Patty from Gookomis Endaad

Industry: Mental Health Care

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the opportunity to provide significant reporting on the population we serve and deeper financial outcomes to be used for Quality Improvement.

Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Pros

Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Cons

I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.

Andi from Baltimore Eye Physicians

We call them Compu-stink

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

Pros

I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

Cons

Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Shauna from Family Eye Clinic

Compulink is very user friendly, easy to train staff

it works very well in an optometry office

Pros

Cons

Any custom functions can be overridden in upgrades and have less support for the custom forms. As newer practice manager, learning the building of the templates and how to make changes to them can be a bit overwhelming. I have worked on the compulink system for over 11 years and some of the set ups of the system are difficult to navigate.

Suzanne from Crown Point Optometry

Overall happy I made my decision to go with Compulink

I had a rocky start getting set up with them, but that is to be expected with any practice transitioning to EMR for the first time. Now I am up and running things are fairly smooth.

Pros

Good value for money, the trainers were very helpful. They have a lot of good features like accounts receivable and also I like how you can customize the EMR to a certain extent. They also can do an unsigned files report which is helpful to be sure no files get forgotten. I also like the option to integrate the billing and recalls right in the same software.

Cons

Very hard to get a hold of the support team sometimes, but to be fair they are easier to get a hold of than several competitors I have worker with. The accounting department did make several errors in my bills but I did get that straightened out.

Taylor from Myeyedr

Compulink Eyecare

Overall this software is easily to learn/use. However I would not recommend because of the constant crashing of the Compulink system. It is frustrating when you can't do your day to day tasks without the system freezing or shutting down.

Pros

This software is easy to maneuver and easily learned by new employees. You can quickly schedule patient appointments as well as access patient records of their last appointments, glasses orders, prescriptio s and payments.

Cons

This software freezes constantly! My manager was continually on the phone with Compulink customer service because our system would crash in the middle of a busy day with 5 patients in the office. If it wasnt completely down then it would freeze on a page and we would be stuck from 1-3 gours until Compulink fixed 'the bug' as we were told.

Susan from Wendy Baca MD PA

Practice EMR software

We do everything and the doctor really likes to use it because it is easy once it is set up for them

Pros

It is very easy to use and great customer service

Cons

They still are developing and you must have super users to always be entering things to a database so if you are a small business it is much hard to set up with limited amount of employees. Also they charge you for things so be aware of what you are getting charged for.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

It is very easy to use

Tiffany from CFGC

Lackluster experience with Compulink PsychAdvantage

Pros

It has the ability to do a vast number of things. It has a lot of different reports you can run depending on what you are wanting.

Cons

We frequently have issues and it takes a while for them to resolve the issues. We are always told to simply update the software even though we just did an update a few days before. There also is no way to make sure that all billed visits have been documented.

Alana from Woodbury optical studio, inc.

I've used Compulink advantage for 25 years and software training/help is outstanding and beyond compare.

Add Gateway clearinghouse.

Pros

Lots of customizing options. Always improving and adding features along with new technology. Phenomenal software assistance.

Cons

Remote-in feature instead of purchasing Remote-in options vs purchasing licenses would significantly lower costs to provider. Emdeon does not offer ERA to two major NY insurance companies for our practice.

Rita from ACP

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great support, but the program itself lacks compatibility in certain areas.

We are currently looking for a new program.

Pros

It is easy to use; if there is a problem, the support is quick to answer. When viewing the program, it is easy to understand.,

Cons

There are come common sense areas that the program does not sync up. It keeps on getting more expensive. The patient bills are horrible and hard for our clients to understand.

Mark from Vision Health Institute

After 15 years with Compulink - I made the right decision

We have had Compulink now for over 15 years and have enjoyed the flexibility and ease of the software. The high points are numerous, from the EHR to the optical inventory management, from the patient web registration to the EOB posting, not to mention the response time for call backs to our office. We have been using the EHR component for 8 years and have enjoyed the ability to design our own custom tabs and exam forms. We also integrated all of our diagnostic instruments into compulink which has saved the staff a lot of time. We have the A/R, OCT, retinal camera, topographer, visual field and anterior segment cameras all linked into our EHR so that after a couple clicks of the mouse this information is downloaded into the patients medical record. The viewing software in compulink (to view the diagnostic images) is so comprehensive that we did not need to go to a third party platform such as FORUM or Synergy. Optical inventory goes by very quickly with the use of a handheld scanner. This scanner is also used for checking out products from inventory on retail sales. One of the most outstanding features of compulink is their web-registration. The patients are directed to go to our website to complete their online paperwork ie demographics, family and health information including meds and allergies along with all of their medical and vision plan information. Once the patient arrives in the office all of this data is transferred to the medical record. Talk about saving time! New patients can be taken back to pretesting within 5 minutes of their arrival to the office. One of the major problems that I see on these review sites is the slow response time for the software companies to get back to you concerning an issue. I can honestly say that this has never been a issue with compulink. Although if I had one issue it would be for them to have the call center open on weekends. The opticians have an easy time with the spectacle Rx screen. We limit the choices they have to choose from based upon what we want them to sell and we are able to incorporate packages such as ie Recreational sunglasses that will have highend AR, Polarized and UV treatment all at the click of one button. I have not had any real issues while with compulink, they do update their software every 2-3 months which I feel is an advantage. Overall I would grade them 9.5/10

Sandra from SilverStar Medical Billing Service LLC

Great software

Pros

Very in-depth system. Reports are thorough and you can choose what you want to see on the reports. Claims are easy to submit.

Cons

Doesn't have multiple screens like other software (Kareo). Would be nice to bring up more than one patient to look at and compare, if needed. Patient statements still look like DOS statements - not with the times...

Shaune from Black Rock Vision Center

Lots of customization, high learning curve

Pros

Lots of customization options. Many ways to make it your own and tweak the flow to match your office needs. Templates are flexible and allow you to make an exam chart that matches exactly what you are doing. It is constantly being updated and Compulink is always asking for feedback to help improve the software.

Cons

The customization is a boon but also a curse. It makes it harder to learn the software and having some experience with coding is necessary to get the full potential out of the software. The training process isn't straight forward though a large training manual and videos exist it takes time to sift through the information.

Jenna from Vision Center PC

Long Term Client

Our office has been using the Compulink Advantage software for over 20years for billing purposes. We have been using them for EHR since 2009. As with all medical software, I believe is a slight learning curve, but the training and customer service Compulink provides helps make up for that. -- I have always been fairly tech savy, however, my software/script writing is not in the same league as the Compulink staff. I have definitely learned A LOT during the 5yrs I have been the office manager/Compulink contact for our office but I would have not have been able to do as much as I can now without the help from the Compulink staff. I have used their training services multiple times: a one-on-one training with a Compulink staff member is so beneficial. They answer any and all your questions and work to make sure you know how to handle the discussed situation so next time you can solve the problem on your own. However, they are available to help if you need it! On my first day in the OM position we had to do a large version update (9 to 10 I think). The update did not go properly and I literally lost all information/data. However, the Compulink emergency staff called me back within 10mins of my phone call and worked in conjunction with our IT staff to get all data found and reloaded within one business day. I am certain, without their help we would have not gotten as many records back as we had. -- Plus, I now schedule every update with a Compulink staff member and they are always willing to run them for me!

Melissa from Firm Foundations Counseling & Wellness

2.5

August 2015

Psych Advantage is THE EHR system for mental health professionals!

Pros

We have been using Psych Advantage by Compulink since April 2015. We are thrilled with what it has done for the flow of business operations and chart compliance. It took quite a bit of admin (myself, the Executive Director and our CBO) time to set up and customize and we continue to make modification to meet our clinical and research needs. I would say, if your practice has 4 or more clinicians, this product should definitely be on your list to try out. It is expensive but worth every $ we have spent so far. Our staff say that after minimal training (less than 3 hrs each) they can work the system without much issue. Our staff also say it has decreased their paperwork time significantly. One of our staff's favorite features it how it automatically generates assessment reports. Would be happy to share more information with anyone interested.

Cons

There is really little to say about what we do NOT like. It is certainly more expensive that other softwares, however, once you think of all it does for a practice in terms of the ease of billing, remittances, and keeping charts compliant in case of audit, it pays for itself.

August 2016

Cynthia from Valley Psychological Group

August 2016

Good product over-all. Glitches here and there.

Pros

Always updating to make the program better. Customizable. Since this was not a web-based program we were able to scan document directly into the program which was SUPER convenient. Not sure if they are web-based now.

Cons

Customer service left us hanging once or twice - They use Emdeon as a clearinghouse, I was not a huge fan of their customer service AT ALL. EHR is integrated, BUT, you have to pay for the software up-front, purchase and maintain your own server, and pay for monthly subscription for customer service. Again, we stopped using this in 2015 - things may have changed since.

Brenda from Sea Spine Orthopedic Institute

compulink

Pros

They have specialists on the it team that worked or have training in the sector they represent. RN with orthopedic experience to set up the ortho ehr

Carrie from Regal Oak Counseling, LLC

Compulink Gives You the Edge

It was a very intimidating process to review numerous software packages. As a new company, I was concerned about finding an option that would be appropriate for a start up business (cost effective, functional, etc) that would not require a change as we grow. PsychAdvantage by Compulink was the perfect solution! If you want flexibility in a complete software program that meets your business needs, Compulink's software gives you the edge in every area.

Pros

The software is comprehensive and allows you to quickly and efficiently enter client data and track everything that is important to you. The streamlined screen flow, electronic billing, meaningful use, and other features in this HIPAA compliant software make it an affordable powerhouse for any business.

June 2015

Shannon from VisionFirst

June 2015

I am an Eyecare Advantage with 10+ years experience in a multi-doctor multi-location practice.

Eyecare Advantage is geared for the optical industry and customization of the software makes our jobs much easier. Compulink offers excellent support six days a week which puts my mind at ease that help is only a phone call away. I like the fact Compulink offers various support departments depending on my question or issue and I do not get a random CSR. If I have a meaningful use question, I get directed to a meaningful use expert. If I have a billing question, I get routed to the EDI department, etc. Compulink offers a wide variety of training opportunities from live webinars to pre-recorded courses on every aspect of the software so companies can train as they see necessary and the training is available 24/7. As milestones happen in our industry such as implementation of ICD-10, Compulink keeps clients updated with resources continually available. Compulink offers a variety of a la carte features in addition to their software product such as Demand Force for automated texts and e-mail reminders to patients, etc. The software is overall user friendly and easy to program on the back-end. I do wish I had the capability to customize reports from within the software that was much more specific to the information I want to be on one report but having said that, I can pull the information needed from the built-in reports, I may just have to run two reports instead of just one. Overall very happy with this product and the functionality of it.

Paul from Senior Sight, Inc.

My best employee

Wish I had acquired sooner for my practice.

Pros

Makes my patient documentation easy. Great applicable updates. Customer support has always been prompt and caring. Has been my best employee.

Sarah from Hearing Consultants

Just getting started

Pros

Very easy to customize. Company is open to adding features. Has been around for quite a while, which is reassuring. Cloud access is a big plus for our multi-site practice. Audiology integration with NOAH right out of the box was a big selling feature. Was able to do an unlimited claims option that made for higher, but level monthly costs, which made the change easier for our practice owner to swallow. Our old billing-only software was grandfathered in an unlimited plan. Search functions seem particularly robust on this software.

Cons

Learning curve for our staff is steep, but appears to be manageable. Could be more colorful for the staff who look at it for 8 hours a day. A few staff members were hoping we chose a system that looked more like an app., though that one was priced much higher and did not have EHR.

D from Ultimate Vision

a one trick pony

I've had this system for almost a year, but had it in another office 15 yrs ago. It was terrible then and it hasn't gotten any better. Support can take days to call you back. The ridiculous thing about this software is that it's extremely complex, yet you can still only do one thing at a time. So if you're trying to make an appointment and someone needs to get something dispensed, you have to close out of the scheduler and dispense, then come back to the scheduler. Or vice versa, you can be dispensing, need to make an appointment, but can't do it, because you're in the scheduler. We're typically working with multiple patients with limited staff, and this software is NOT up to handling multi tasking. Data entry is all over the place, as some places have pull down menus, while others have type in entry boxes. There's like 30 different premade exam setups that come with it, but you really only need 4 or 5, yet you can't get rid of all the others from that drop down screen, so you're always having to search for what you want. It can't properly add, so when you're checking somebody out, you have to manually add up what the patient owes, because the system will overcharge them by some odd and varying amount. Don't waste your time with this software.

Pros

None

Cons

It's not able to multitask in any way shape or form. It's stupidly complicated for everything you try to do. Even basic stuff is not user friendly.

christopher from eyecare@inclima.net

Stay far away.

They make it more difficult to manage your practice and be profitable, the opposite of their claims. We've got 25 years in their software, so we are heavily invested. I don't think they will change because the owner doesn't really care about their Optometry clients. That's the feeling we have.

Pros

Patient scheduling was good, but they seem to make it worse with updates. Spectacle POS better than original set-up.

Cons

You have to be very tech savvy to have everything work properly. It is very tedious to document an exam. They lost our inventory on conversion to the cloud and didn't seem to care. A lot of excuses and we had to re-enter our inventory. We've lost thousands of dollars because their was a glitch in their VSP interface and we get the "oh well, we're trying to fix it".

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

There really weren't alternatives when we started.

Erica from Drs. Hensen& Perlman, ODs

Nightmare

It's a nightmare! Do not buy this system!

Pros

The system layout is relatively intuitive to use and has options for customization but the customization is difficult to do and it is not used friendly AT ALL.

Cons

The customer service is useless and billing is a nightmare. The company is run incredibly poorly. They constantly are updating the program and with each update, one thing may be fixed but there are a million new errors that you have to wait for the next update to fix... its a constant cycle of drop downs and other basic features not functioning then being fixed then something else not functioning. Every time I call to get help from the "customer support" the staff is rude and unhelpful and not at all apologetic about their program being a mess.

Aimee from Life's Solutions Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Server based program requires a lot of training, is expensive up front, and crashes frequently

I wish I had gone with a cloud based program in the 1st place. I stayed with Compulink for 9 years because of the initial investment and hours of training I had put into it, but it crashed on me (or my front desk staff) numerous times making it impossible to do notes, scheduling, billing, etc. for any given work day. I'm frustrated I stayed with the software for this long, now I need to transfer 900+ clients to a different software.

Pros

I can do scheduling, notes, and billing from the same software. It also has picture capabilities. Received over 40+ hours of training when 1st purchased.

Cons

Not user friendly and can't access without being in the office, or connecting remotely. It seems like any updates to Windows, or the server, or my computer all seem to lock the software, making it unopenable. The current support system didn't work for me. I'd have to call and leave a message, or send an email request, and expect a response when it's convenient for support...usually NOT convenient for me. I called when it was convenient for me. I needed help then. Lot's of clicking and opening different programs in order to send bills, process payment, etc. Lots of steps for a simple task.

July 2013

Diane from Nakaia

July 2013

This office has been using Compulink Psych Advantage for about 6-7 years. Before using Psych Advantage the office used another system, but all the claims were printed and sent out though the mail. It was time consuming and, at that time, didn't have an e-file system. I don't know the reason the office manager chose Compulink, but as the office manager for the last 7 years, I'm very glad she did. Anytime I call or email, my concerns and questions are answered as soon as possible. My favorite benefit is the share feature with the computer tech. I can watch while an issue is being taken care of and I don't have the added pressure of trying to find the area that is being worked. I'm not an IT and my time is valuable. This works well for our small office. This is a small office with one Psychologist and I'm the only person that does all of the bookwork. Having Psych Advantage makes submitting claims so much easier! I can breeze though the claims and insurance issues, and have time to file, answer phones, deal with clients, and not feel so stressed at the end of the day. I really do feel that, all in all, this company gives it's best to accommodate and satisfy it's customers. No exaggeration.

Lexie from Ives Eyecare

Previous user and potential buyer

Pros

The customer care is amazing. As a student and upcoming graduate of optometry school, I had no idea that the EHR system had so much more to offer than what was presented in school.

Dr Michael from All Island Behavioral Health

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Very Unhappy

See above.

Pros

We are a private Psychiatric Practice in New York. We have been dealing with this company for years and of recent, months now trying to get our EHR and more specifically our medication system to work. We have had so much trouble every day for the past 7 months. We cannot get the system to work properly!. We have complained many times, we even sent a registered letter to the CEO to no avail. Our patient's are unhappy and we are extremely unhappy. We feel ripped off!!!.

Cons

DOES NOT WORK. There is one excuse after another on a daily basis. It is horrendous.

Mary from The Ross Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Compulink is outdated and not planning to update

Go elsewhere!

Pros

Cons

The biggest con we had was not being able to electronically prescribe controlled substances, even after NY state mandated it. They are still working on it and it been 3 years. Their eprescribe function is woefully out of date, and their ICD 10 codes are incomplete. They are putting almost no money into keeping the system up to date and it really shows. I would stay away as I see this company as going nowhere and whoever uses this software will be shopping for a new one shortly

Melissa from Firm Foundations Counseling & Wellness

Complete and Comprehensive Software for Behavioral Health Industry

Our practice has been using Psych Advantage by Compulink for over one year now. As an executive director I have been able to ensure chart compliance through customizations (e.g. setting client specific reminders for treatment plans, etc.) and I am also able to easily access supervisee charts to ensure care standards are being met (hopefully exceeded). The customer service team continue to answer our every call. If I think of a feature I want included in the product the IT team is immediately available to add it to our product. Because of the easy to use claim submission features, our billing department has improved claims payout to 99% within 1 week. This software may not be the best for solo practitioners, however, for group practices or hospitals, I couldn't imagine there being a better software available.

Sean from Pittsburgh Pastoral Institute

CompuLink is challenging.

Pros

CompuLink offers some excellent tools to complete the billing of sessions. CompuLink is also good at continuing to offer new functionality to its program offerings.

Cons

CompuLink is not intuitive to use. Their customer service is excellent except that I cannot speak to someone right away. I have to wait and ask for a phone call when I know that I will be available later in the day or at another time. CompuLink's tools to alter the product are not intuitive either. Some of their products could be further enhanced.

Douglas from C.A.R.E. Counseling

World Class Support

This is our third HER/ Practice Management system in four years. We’ve been with CompuLink now for two years. Our claim errors plummeted from over 43% to less than 5%!!! CompuLink’s support is fantastic!!! When there is a question or problems I have my support person on the phone in 20 minutes. During implementations their support and hand holding was excellent and reassuring. CoumpuLink’s staff are personable and supportive and work to establish a personal relationship to get to know our agency and work with our own idiosyncrasies.

Pros

Support! Support! Support! Also a great interface with Emdeon.

Cons

A bit of a challenge in the early stages.

Peter from Campus Eye Center

Poor support. Outdated coding. Constant problems.

Marginal medical software that is specialty specific. Lots of frustration teaching me patience and tolerance.

Pros

Decent billing WHEN IT WORKS. Decent scheduling WHEN IT WORKS. Substandard EHR WHEN IT WORKS. Ophthalmology specific.

Cons

Poor reliability. Poor service. Lots of unkept promises of improvements and fixes. NO INTEGRITY! Unfortunately the pain of switching once you are on the software is intense.

Sharaine from Choices Therapy Services

Frustrated, complicated, and expensive

I feel like there should be a better training program. Walked away feeling I had to teach myself more than what I learned in tranings. The program is complicated, has many layers. Not as comprehensive as the marketing says.

Pros

The options ... making it so it can really fit your company as much as you can, tabs are functional and used a lot.

Cons

Complicated, hard to understand, initial training is mimimal, & expensive to continue. Was so disappointed in the process of it. Felt like we were alone for most of it. Still uses DSM IV language. Not substance abuse friendly.

Danny from Optometry

User

Pros

It's better than a stone tablet. But barely. This requires 100 characters to submit but I can't think of 100 letters of positive for this absolute garbage.

Cons

It's worse than all of the other EHRs I have ever used (5). I highly doubt that the people who code this program actually have ever used it in a practical setting. It updates like crazy and shuts you out of the system and there are few universal truths in this world but one of them is, when compulink updates, you can be sure it will be worse than it was before it updated

Darla from Family Service of the Chautauqua Region

Continually learning

Pros

Most representatives are quick to respond to questions and walk you through procedures if needed.

Cons

Reports are difficult to find and queries are hard to figure out.

Olumuyiwa from Pizzazz Hospital

Good value for money.

Pros

It's easy to use plus it's cost effective. Customer support is top notch. I also love the fact that it's iPad enabled.

Cons

Customer support can sometimes be a nightmare when you are to get across to them. Not all customers can afford apple product. Android compatibility will be an added advantage.

Nicole from Grove City Optical

I wish we had this back!

Pros

This was the original software in my office and I miss it so much! It was way easier to navigate through

Cons

Not a word I can say bad about this software. It was easy to learn, easy to navigate and I loved it!

Teresa from ASSOCIATES IN EYE CARE PSC

LOOK SOME WHERE ELSE FOR YOU SOFTWARE NEEDS

THE CONCEPT BEHIND THEIR SOFTWARE SOUNDS GREAT BUT THE IMPLEMENTATION IS FULL OF PROBLEMS. I WOULD AND AM CONSIDERING LEAVING COMPULINK, IT JUST COST A LOT TO LEAVE AND SET UP SEVERAL OFFICES AND TRAIN SEVERAL OFFICES

Pros

EASY TO USE WHEN IT IS WORKING AND THEY GIVE YOU A 800 NUMBER TO CALL. SOME OF THE TECHS ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Cons

SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE. YOU PLACE A CALL TO THE SUPPORT AND YOU MAY GET A CALL BACK IN 1 TO TWO DAYS. I ONCE WAITED A WEEK FOR A CALL BACK ON A INVOICE PROBLEM. THEY ARE IN CALIFORNIA AND IT SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THEM CALLING WHEN WE ARE CLOSED. ONE TECH CALL CAN NOT FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. THEY HAVE A TECH FOR TABLES A TECH FOR PRINTERS ETC. THIS GETS TO BE VERY PROBLEMATIC.

Steve from Cleveland Sight Center

Not what we were promised

Really was hoping this company actually had the goods, but have been extremely disappointed. Be VERY careful before purchasing...

Pros

Compulink has some great features such as SmartFunctions and PractiWatch and Patient Action Items, etc. Support staff is very responsive and helpful OK if you are only using for basic Eyecare or typical Psych practices Nice Psych Group Note feature (IF it worked....)

Cons

Appt. Scheduler is very outdated, and no interface with Outlook They don't seem to move very fast in fixing bugs Implementation and QA teams seem to need much improvement list of Limitations are adding up and causing many delays for our go-live Perhaps they have too many different specialty versions for them to maintain?

Eileen from A Center for VisionCare #2501

Compulink has great support

overall cannot have it all. Does a good job!

Pros

When I email or call for phone support. Compluink will get back to me. The employees they have are knowledgable.

Cons

The implementation and training needs more follow up and planning. I would of like to see a better plan.

August from Firm Foundations Counseling & Wellness

September 2015

Pros

The best part about this product is being able to put everything in the same place. Before we got this system we could have to go so many different places in our computer to get to one simple thing... and that's how it was anytime we never need to search for a document. Now, we know exactly where everything is and everything has it's own place/tab.

Cons

The thing I like least is the appointment tab. We have 8 people in our office now, so when clicking on the appointment tab, when you go to the office section you can't see everyone's name an appointments below. The screen only gives you space to see 7, so i have to scroll over. Now if i maximized the "appointment" window I could see them all. I just wish i could customize the windows like a regular computer system.

Stephanie from Real Life Therapy

New to the EMR game

Just in the start-up phase of use. Customer care, communication, and support have been great so far and they have a great implementation process mapped out for me.

Pros

Cost, ease of use, functions how my mind works...which translates for me to user-friendly. I'll know more once I'm fully in it.

Cons

Nothing to date

Judith from Judith vukov md inc

Frustrated

I have been using this product for two years There are so many problems and not Enough tech support . During the demo I Was assured tech support would be available Till 1000 pm . After we signed the contract I was told that tech support closes at 5 pm PST If you wonder why don't we don't cut our losses And buy into another program? 1. Too much money 2. Too much time invested Already 3. Too many patients to take with us To the next program 4 . And finally when I Suggested getting another program my staff Almost walked out as everybody has put in Hundreds of hours getting this one to work.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

The size of the font is too small Not enough Tech support. ; the program requires too many hours and too many people to input all the Data necessary for each chart and it is not Intuitive besides that the way the program is written goes against everything we were taught In medical school

June 2014

Jean from Colonial Woods Christian Counseling Center

June 2014

Found this software to be the best fit for our small office.

Pros

The whole software is very user-friendly, and if you get stuck, help is just a click away. The Help button is the best one I have ever used. The Compulink staff is always friendly and helpful, and they always stay right on the line with you whenever you call with any issues. I've never had any issue take longer than an hour to fix.

Cons

I really have not found anything that we dislike about the software. Each day we learn new features.

Steven from Steven Pinson, OD PA

Zero customer service, training less than good, say they will correct things and never do, not at all intuitive.

Look elsewhere.

Pros

That I have gotten use to it. I think of changing, but dread the process, AGAIN. Electronic billing.

Cons

Just about everything. Customer service is atrocious. Lose cloud 10-20x/day, but does recover w/in 10". Date and phone should move to left most field and goes to wherever you click. Open new drop down and then have to click on a field because the cursor is not in the drop down. Iris in SLE has about 10 characters. Bookeeper says ledger is awful. Click, click, click, click. It goes on and on.....

Pamela from Child & Family Therapy Center, PC

Love the software

We have been using Compulink PsychAdvantage for 9 months now. We have been very happy with it. It has all the features we need for our business.

Pros

Ease of use Support is quickly available Several options for learning available Can always suggest changes help your business

Cons

Some changes with upgrades caused minor problems until we got used to them

Stephanie from SHVC

Compulink

Pros

Easy to use, trainers are very useful and helpful. My last implementation coordinator was helpful and walked every step of the way.

Cons

Servers going down, 2ice in 2 days. My first implementation coordinator wasnt helpful at all. All he talked about was the football team that we are associated with.

Melly from Vision Pro

Compulink and CLX

Is anyone else using CLX to place contact lens orders through Compulink? We started using the integration a couple of years ago and it's really helped save our team time since we only have to enter CL order details once in Compulink and has reduced human error. We've also used the reports it provides to really get a good look at our contact lens business and how we can improve. They invited us to a session at VEE on using your practice data to better compete with online contact lens reorders. Here's the link in the invite - thought other Compulink users might find interesting as well http://www.clxsystem.com/vision-expo-east.html

Julie from The Mackie Clinic

Love this software very super friendly.

Pros

Super friendly. Everything in one window for creating New Patient and Easy to create your note and fast. Able to see more patients .

Cons

Have to get out to correct error when billing. Wish it would have like a click and take you to where you need to fix the problem.