WebPT Reviews

4.37 / 5 (407)

Our advisors have recommended this product 35 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Great price and product for the cost. It requires little to no training and necessary training is provided online. Customer service is amazing. "

• "I love all the features this software provides as well as the customer support available "

• "It is very easy to use and the charts interface nicely with patient scheduling. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes the integration with Therabill doesn't seem to work as seamlessly as it should but for the most part it works very well."

• "Some of the features and customizability that we had with other softwares are missing from this one, but we were able to make do"

• "I don't really have a lot of bad things about the software, there are some errors that happen I feel like quite often but they fix those problems relatively fast."

Browse WebPT Reviews

Ashley from Corso Physical Therapy

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing the examination report/note, to the physical therapist aide viewing flowsheets (patient's exercise programs). It is especially easy for admin/aide/PT opening and closing procedures because of all the reports to view. In the morning we can view the schedule for the day, authorizations expiring, and make changes as necessary by dragging appointments. You can also view multiple therapist schedule's at once, if there are more than one therapist working at the practice. There is color coding in the scheduling feature for different therapies or to use internally, i.e., red = new patient; therapist needs to spend 1 hour with this patient or purple = child patient or orange = balance issues. On the schedule, I can quickly and easily see my day, by noticing how many new patients there are with the color coding, or let the PT know what type of patients are coming later in the day. At the end of the night, I can download total patient payments for the day and send to my manager via secure fax. This makes collecting and recording payments easy, and reduces the risk of missing payments.

Cons

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

Stephanie from Stephanie Riley PT, DPT

PT Software review

The support team seems extremely responsive and caring. They have been terrific when i have needed them.

Pros

Once you are familiar with this software, you can document with great speed. The alerts assist you in maintaining compliance.

Cons

I wish there was more built-in flexibility, sensitive to the diagnosis or disease you were documenting. Some of the structure seems only loosely appropriate to various cases in the clinic.

Reasons for Choosing WebPT

The billing company i use and the billing portion of the software are seamlessly integrated and work well together.

Rachel from Agile Physical Therapy

WebPT

Pros

tailored to PT use unlike many other EMRs

Cons

some of the data entry can get redundant - when doing a progress note, none of the objective measures carry over from the objective tab of the note to the billing section where there is another box for objective measures. takes more time to cut and paste - if you don't take this extra step, none of that data will carry over to the next daily note you write.

Traci from Rob Rosenberry Physical Therapy Inc

great software

Scheduling is so much easier with this program

Pros

This program is very easy to ready and use. It has alot of tools that other programs didn't offer pertaining to PT.

Cons

Sometimes they tend to have glitches that aren't fixed for a few days, but besides that there's nothing else

Sam from Choice City Physical Therapy

Maybe I'm just unlucky

Pros

It is nice to look at, visually appealing and seems to have a lot of features that could make for an excellent platform but as a single clinician practice, it has been nothing but headaches since I started about 7 months ago. It was easy to use since I used it at a previous clinic. This would be a review for both webpt and therabill. I think they got to the party early and have excellent marketing, however there have been so many issues and time wasted fixing their errors. Actively looking for other options.

Cons

- WebPT recently switched clearing houses from Office Ally to Availity and I was assured it would be a seamless transition. None of my charges were going through due to EDI errors. No one knew what was happening so they had me complete the change over early. I filled out all forms several times because apparently there is no communication in this organization. Constant phone calls/emails stating I needed to complete forms I already completed. Called and after a 45-minute wait no answers, just do the forms again or call the insurance companies. I could not submit charges for one MONTH. That is crushing for a startup practice. Turns out they never sent me the emails with instructions on what to change in their bill on my end. So I got an apology, great - Upon setting up my account Webpt put the incorrect clinic info (phone number and fax) on all outgoing faxes. For 3 months I was wondering why I never got POC returned until a doctor called personally and asked for my fax # because everything was getting kicked back. - More recently entire notes won't load (charges are missing, portions of notes) After submitting a ticket they say it is because 1)my internet is too slow (it's about 5x their recommended speeds) 2) I have too many windows open (apparently the scheduler and a documentation note are too many) and 3) I'm not completing the notes fast enough, so, start from scratch and do an evaluation again. - Support hold wait times, more than an hour at times

Joan from The Next Street Driver Rehab Services

a flexible tool

The reports are helping us track our referral sources Adapting the content sections is helpful as we are using the system in a unique manner.

Pros

I am using the tool for my driver rehab services; selection of topics is possible for individuals Using the reports is something we are just starting to venture into as we have more patients.

Cons

limited ability to set up a custom structure which was something that sold us to this program. My time is spent doing the same tasks for each assessment. The layout of the assessment leaves disturbing spaces There seems to be inconsistent success with sending faxes

Blake from FYZICAL

Great EMR System

This software has made documenting physical therapy services much easier and quicker for the providers

Pros

This system was easy to use and looks great. Creating accounts for new employees and training them on the system was much easier than with some of the other systems. Completing documentation is also a breeze

R. Chris from Chris Prentiss Physical Therapy

Web PT

This has streamlined and made our documentation complete and compliant.

Pros

Good compliant software that meets the needs of our company.

Cons

There are some things that need to be fixed that have been slow in resolving.

Kimberly from JBH Counsel Services

Great tool

Using this software for EHR makes communicating with other professionals in the office much better.

Pros

I like how user-friendly this software is. I use it on a daily basis and I love it. I would recommend it.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time about the product. It makes my work much better on a daily basis.

MATTHEW from CORA

Good EMR program for smaller practice

Overall I have had good experience using WebPT. We went from a small operation to much larger, and I think this is better suited for smaller practice models.

Pros

The ability to log in from any secure internet connection. This allowed more flexibility for working remotely at times.

Cons

Some of the features and add-ons did not work up to expectations. It would get glitchy ever once and a while and on rare occasions would go down altogether.

Brian from HARTZ Physical Therapy

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it probably works better as we still use a 1 page written flow sheet for our daily treatments. We do not utilize our EMR while treating patients so having flow sheets may be old fashioned but still works well. When our patient is discharged we just scan the flow sheet and any home exercises given to our patients into the eDocs. In addition, we are not currently using WebPT's billing software as we started before they developed the program. We started with Kareo on WebPT's recommendation, and it has sufficed. I would say there were more growing pains with Kareo in the beginning, but now we are managing fine. I think in the not too distant future we will be looking to transition to the WebPT platform. Pros: WebPT is VERY user friendly, our staff adjusted very fast and has not only embraced the implementation but has prospered since using it. Average daily notes take 2 minutes and evaluations approximately 10 minutes. Our productivity has increased throughout our clinic as well decreasing internal errors especially with billing. WebPT is ALWAYS up to date with any changes coming to the profession from ICD10 to PQRS. In addition, I find the webinars very relevant to private practice PT. WebPT is dedicated to the PT profession as a whole and strongly supports the APTA. Customer service is paramount when implementing any EMR system and WebPT excels in this, but what is more impressive is that the outstanding customer service continues every day whether being a new customer or being 3 years in. I think what best defines a company is how it responds to a problem or error. My clinic, unfortunately, had a significant PQRS reporting problem that was 100% WebPT's error. While being frustrated with the error (and let's be honest - PQRS in general) the WebPT staff starting with Heidi Jannenga, CEO who personally called and addressed the situation, took full responsibility and made no excuses. Within 1 week we had a resolution and plan in place - are you kidding me - 1 week - amazing! As a result of that, I will always be an advocate of WebPT!

Pros

see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Cons

see review Flow sheet/ home exercise program

Russ from PT & SPORTS REHAB, Marble Falls, Texas

WEBPT TOPS the EMR LIST

I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!

Pros

Cons

not enough to mention.

Megan-Marie from Motus Rehab Clinic

Web PT review

This system is wonderful. We love it. It's detailed and can get a little tedious but is progressively improving.

Pros

A detailed, thorough system. User friendly, once you get used to where every thing is. Can be accessed anywhere which is huge, as people prefer different forms of documentation (phone, ipad, lap top, etc.) Scheduling is easy Nice overall presentation when notes are done

Cons

Not geared as well for cash-only clinics regarding. Oftentimes we have patients pay for packages of sessions, and it's hard to divide the payments as they use up their sessions in terms of creating superbills for them. We have to manually input the charges each time, which is time consuming. Payments are located under particular cases, which is great, but a "full summary" of all payments would be appreciated so we can completely monitor, as we also have a chiropractor using the system and we will work together, treating the same patient in the same day. This makes payment tracking complicated sometimes when we have to look back. Also the software doesn't prepare superbills that can directly be sent to patients, so we end up having to manually create them ourselves too. We will store credit card numbers for patients who prefer it, and there isn't an easy way to do this either. This could all be better for the direction health care is going (out-of-network, cash only, etc.). If there was a way to make the calendar more effective like adding daily or weekly notes to it, without it interfering with scheduling, or ways to distinguish various lunch/open/close times during the week, that would make things look more organized as well! Creating customized HIPAA compliant email/intake forms, consent forms, or any general form that we upload and then send to people through webPT, where they can sign on computers and send back directly into their account would be AMAZING. Any way where they can make their profile with medical history would be great, like a portal.

August 2015

Jean from Alaska Hand Rehabilitation

August 2015

Great EMR for outpatient occupational therapy!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy for therapists to learn. It has cut down on our documentation time, which is something I have heard never happens with EMRs. We have peace of mind in knowing that our Medicare and Medicaid notes are compliant as the software gives you multiple reminders of the areas to fill in. Once you get the red error messages a few times, you start to pay attention and learn the correct way to document to avoid the errors. The ICD-10 testing feature is awesome and the ICD-10 finder tool is very easy to use when you are documenting on your patient. We were very nervous to transition to EMR, thinking it would be a nightmare. The first 3 days were semi-challenging and then we had smooth sailing. The evaluation areas have many different tests but if you don't find what you need there is always the additional comments box that is helpful for clarification.

Cons

We are a hand therapy clinic, so we tend to document our splinting in the custom codes section since the codes listed on their billing sheet are not what we need. There tend to be a lot of codes on the billing sheet that we would never use but at this point, there is not an option to delete(not really a huge deal). The training process was OK. The training modules were not very helpful and at times did not work but we found "practice" to be the best learning tool as we transitioned from paper charts to EMR. During the "onboarding" process, you send an email to your specialist and will usually hear from them the next day and at times, we needed to have a response sooner. At this point, we are considered trained, so we can call the 800 number and usually can speak to someone within 20 minutes.

WebPT

WebPT has alot of benefits that other software like it does not and if you are trying to decide between them I would definitely go with WebPT they have great customer service support any time you call they do their best to help with the problem.

Pros

WebPT is the easiest electronic medical records software to use it is very userfriendy and easy to train employees on. The appointment reminders are a great feature and alot of patients sign up for them and we have seen an increase of patients making appointments because of the remiders. It is nice to be able to schedule for multiple providers without having to open a new screen or change a provider like you do on many other medical software. It is easy to add a new patient or new insurance or a new provider. Scanning documents directly into a patients chart is also a time saver and a neat feature as well as being able to fax initial evaluations or progress notes to doctors for signatures from WebPT.

Cons

Somtimes the software has a glitch and deletes an appointment or moves it to a different time.

Ellen from Advanced PT Center of Conway

WebPT user review

WebPT is great because there is no need to purchase software, etc. WebPT is VERY labor intensive compared to other PT documentation systems. The upside is that you can count on WebPT to implement requirements into the software to help ensure compliance with Medicare, etc. I have considered leaving WebPT because it is so very time consuming to use as a documentation system. I wish it were more voice to text friendly with fewer tabs.

Pros

It incorporates regulations such as PQRS, etc.

Cons

It takes waa ay yy toooooo long to document anything. Too many tabs. A lot of redundancy. Not very voice to text compatible.

Response from WebPT

Replied January 2017

Hi Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Capterra. You mentioned wanting the ability to personalize templates, and I wanted to make sure you're familiar with the ability to create customizable templates within WebPT. The user guide for creating those custom eval profiles can be found here: https://community.webpt.com/education/user-guides/customized-initial-exam-user-guide/. I hope this helps you document faster! If you have other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me at emily.ely@webpt.com. Thanks, Emily

Roger from PT & SM of NNM

Overall easy to navigate and become effecient in patient documentation.

It is appreciated when customer service reaches out to enhance our WebPT experience. It would improve the continued relationship with WebPT if a customer care/service person is designated for a clinic and can help walk each clinic through any and all particular nuance of WebPT.

Pros

For the most part easy to navigate though documentation. Once you have used WebPT for a few months you can develop an efficient system for effective notes. Thus allowing for customization for your specific needs via Smart Text. WebPT allows for detailed documentation which is so important in this day and age. In addition WebPT is follows Medicare guidelines having reminders in place for PRs, etc. Customer service has been good.

Cons

Difficulty in use of the flowsheet as point and click requires quite a bit of scrolling to get to the exercises desired. Developing own exercise flow sheet takes time. Smart texts are not pre-loaded which also takes time to develop own smart text system. Compatibility with Apple systems was limited when we first started with WebPT.

Nicole from SSTM

WebPT from an administrative persective

Pros

WebPT is very user friendly. All new hires pick up the program fairly quickly - both administrative personnel and Physical Therapists. WebPT appointments are color coded which is extremely helpful for scheduling. There are several reports that we use frequently in our office - payment reports, Medicare cap reports, billing reports, etc. Patient accounts hold everything that our office needs: insurance details, prescription details, authorization details, and a place to scan documents.

Cons

Our biggest con with WebPT is that there is no excellent way to make sure that our patients do not get scheduled or seen past their authorization, visit, or prescription limit. There is a dashboard but we don't find that it works well nor is it efficient. Many patients don't show up on the report in the amount of time that we need to get authorization. We wish that WebPt would flag our front desk if they are scheduling an appointment beyond a limit that we have set up.

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

Alexandra from Sterling Therapy, LLC

Good for most uses

The good: the appearance is clean and the interface is functional. The fields with diagnosis, code, and other history are quite thorough. People other than rehab receive printed notes that are clear and easy to read. This professional appearance can be critical, for example, if Medicare or private insurance requests to manually review the notes to determine the appropriateness of therapy. The ICD-10 code finder for the evaluations is very helpful. The billing reports are particularly useful with ICD-10 codes visible and details of each code available when the user hovers over the codes with the mouse. The automatically generated daily notes and plan of care for evaluations are a real time-saver. The caveats: the cost-effectiveness of the software is inversely proportional to the volume of the clinic. For a small, solo practice the add-ons of billing, faxing and quality reporting are too steep. As for PQRS, well, the joke is not on me because I decided that the cost of the reporting feature would be more than any penalties I might incur by not participating. For the daily notes: the goals are pulled into every note and that can be cumbersome. The flowsheet is the weak point of the software: it is cumbersome, generating a separate flowsheet for each session instead of making a cumulative chart.

Pros

The professional appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an old-fashioned typed SOAP note and a hand-filled flowsheet, but I believe that a reviewer with a limited science or health background is more likely to feel that the therapist is professional and appropriate if the notes look modern.

Cons

The flowsheet is the least functional aspect of the software.

Asia from Gilford Physical Therapy & Spine Center

WebPT is the solution

WebPT has not only saved our clinic from the woes of paper charts, but provided a top-notch education to our staff in regards to best practices, changes on the healthcare scene, and how to streamline our processes and reach out to our patients in an effective way. WebPT's staff is incredible: they're not only helpful but they are engaged in their work and beaming with enthusiasm. Many other softwares are seriously lacking in one aspect or another, but WebPT is the total package, providing excellent tools for both front desk staff and clinical staff. Compliance is something we used to fear and stress over, but not anymore - WebPT has our backs with constant education, alerts and tools that let you know when to change, double-check or add something so our notes, authorizations and prescriptions are always spot-on. You really will not find a better software or support system for your clinic.

Pros

Detail-packed features usually come at the cost of a user-friendly, clean appearance but WebPT nails this. It is so feature rich but so tidy that you don't get overwhelmed by buttons and links and fields.

Cons

NOTHING!!!!!!

Shirley from Bella Rose Rehabilitation & Aquatic Center

Recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

Ashly from HARTZ Physical Therapy

WebPT is so user friendly and as a front desk worker it is the number one thing I look for.

An all inclusive program that is user friendly and allows me to do my job in a timely yet professional manner.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. Everything I need to use is easily accessible or in a logical spot. With the new update I also like the addition of the blue i's for short cuts to useful information. I use this program at least 8 hours a day and sometimes even 12 hours. If a program isn't user friendly it effects my entire job and therefore patient interaction. With WebPT it makes patient interaction timely, and therefore impresses patients, and makes them trust that we know how to help them.

Cons

If I would have to answer this question, the only thing I can think of is that when I need to call tech support it is usually due to wrong visit counts or used authorized visits. This is extremely important so that I can keep the patient informed if we are running out of insurance visits, and authorized visits ensures we get paid for our services. We have a very caring staff, but we can't give away all our services for free or we won't make it as an office.

Jacob from Next Generation Physical Therapy

WebPT

For anyone looking for a Physical Therapy Documentation software, WebPT is a good option. I am still not convinced it is the best on the market for web based software, so I am still looking for better.

Pros

Keeps you compliant, built in document faxing, scheduler is designed well, web-based to work from anywhere.

Cons

Too much scrolling and clicking. Still takes about 30 minutes to actually type up an eval from start to finish; Fowsheets are not built into daily notes, adding yet another window you have to have open while treating; Flowsheets are difficult to use in timely fashion; Development team Not very welcoming to new ideas for improving efficiency; Customer service leaves me stuck on the phone for over 30-45 minutes every time we have an issue (which interferes with treatment time); Customer service reps admit there are flaws in the Physician referral/script/authorization design, but development team is not willing to help fix; This system overall is designed to prevent Autonomy. You CANNOT enter a patient into the system without a "referring physician," which limits your ability to properly document for direct access clients. The system FORCES you to pick a specific ONSET Month/Day and year or you can't finalize an eval (which we know most patients don't now an exact day) and your onset date cannot be more than 1 year (which prevents you from accurately documenting chronic pain onsets and old injuries that have been put off for some time.

We LOVE WebPT!

Pros

You can use it from your phone or at home easily and it is very intuitive. It forces you to follow documentation guidelines so you are always compliant.

Cons

It's not always easy to get in touch with customer service, which was really only an issue when we were switching over from one EMR to WebPT

Reasons for Choosing WebPT

Cost, it was PT specific

Denise from Occupational Therapy Plus

WEBPT is great for OT's

I have had Web PT for nearly 4 years in my private pediatric occupational therapy clinic. The ease of completing notes with thorough information with the pre loaded templates of numerous assessments has been instrumental to my documentation. The ease of this EMR system and the sensitivities to use with pediatric occupational therapy for a single practitioner has been wonderful. It is efficient, effective, and the customer service has addressed any issues I have experienced the same day. I have referred other therapists to use it and they have reported the same success.

Pros

It is extremely cost effective for a single practitioner to use without expensive monthly over head. I use the built in assessment and scoring often so that has been helpful.

Cons

The name of the company isolates that this may only be a PT product and with expansion of the name may increase more users.

June 2013

Jeff from Apogee Therapy Center

June 2013

As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease of use, to customer service - WebPT is outstanding! WebPT "thinks" like a therapist because it is written, updated, and supported by therapists. I have told many of my colleagues "WebPT is so intuitive." I currently have a PT student in my facility and she states WebPT is so much better than the competition. WebPT is set up to prevent the therapist from making costly compliance mistakes by preventing you from finalizing a document if it does not comply with Medicare requirements. I am truly thankful for this feature!!!! I could go on and on praising WebPT for a long time, but let me just point out a few other reasons why I think WebPT is stellar. CPT coding, PQRS, Functional Reporting are all a snap. IE, Progress Reports and DC integration of information is excellent. The faxing feature is fast and reliable. The ability to use standardized testing options is easy and comprehensive. The tests are easily correlated to functional Reporting and the G-codes. The Smart Text feature is wonderful. The technical and "Success" teams are responsive and very helpful. They are kind and take time to explain any question you have. I have and will continue to recommend WebPT to others. I have absolutely zero regrets in choosing WebPT. If you are a serious therapist who desires the ability to use excellent ready to use evaluation templates or want to create your own evaluation templates; if you are serious about compliance and about capturing all the revenue you have earned in treating your patients; if you want to be proud of your EMR system and of the company that operates, updates, and maintains the system - then choose WebPT as your EMR provider. You will not regret your decision!!

Brian from HARTZ Physical Therapy

WebPT has made the transition to EMR easy and successful.

Pros

Clinical ease of use, efficient documentation, excellent customer service; owner and company is 100% dedicated to the field of PT and supports the APTA, PPS, PAC which is very important to me; Love the initiation of Rehab Nation to try and get WebPT users engaged and to learn from each other; a very Proactive company, Lots of great online material - blogs, webinars, etc.

Cons

Therabill was a complete disaster for us and we had to switch back to Kareo. Was rolled out way to early and was clear that it was not meant for PT (behavior health?) - hopefully over time this may change. The billing is frustrating that everything is a tack on charge. I am concerned that WebPT is growing too fast.

Heather from BPTW

WebPT has made scheduling, documentation and billing so much easier!! We perform better with WebPT.

My job is easier to manage and our company is able to be more productive.

Pros

I love that WebPT allows customization of so many areas so we can make it work best for us - we are not stuck with a one size fits all approach. We select what color / style appointments show up in to reflect what payer type or appointment type is scheduled. We can bulk edit the schedule to make it fit our therapists availability. They have an agreement with Kareo so our billing flows over easily. I also love the reports to keep good tabs on what we are doing and how things are processing.

Cons

I am waiting for them to fine tune a few things to come along side us even more for compliance when we do addendums.

Chris from Joint Effort Physical Therapy

Good option for the price

Overall the software is decent. I feel there are some areas they could improve, but based on the availability of other software (specific to rehabilitation) this is the best option for the price with no contract and unlimited free upgrades.

Pros

They have awesome customer service! They keep their software up to date and are constantly making changes to improving their system. They have awesome provider & biller education articles, keeping me up to date with current industry requirements.

Cons

WebPT's system takes forever to save, especially when doing documentation. Because you have to save any time you do anything it makes simple tasks take longer than necessary. A quick autosave feature would be nice. WebPT's system could be more user friendly. With data entry you're constantly clicking having to switch from keyboard to mouse several times. It would be nice if they had keyboard shortcuts (ie 'alt' 'tab'). A lot of the improvements that could be made in WebPT are small things, but things that would make it using the software more efficient.

Pedro from Therapy Pros

March 2013

Therapy Pros is a multispecialty outpatient rehab clinic located in California. Our facility provides PT, Speech Therapy and Cardiopulmonary Rehab. We've been using WebPT for 7 months now and we love it! Like many late adopters of EMR, our staff was apprehensive at first. However, this quickly transitioned to curiosity and eventually excitement after the first training, which WebPT provides at no additional charge. WebPT is designed to follow SOAP note logic with the initial evaluation, progress reports, care plans, and daily notes. Although intuitive for any rehabilitation provider, this system is E X P A N S I V E, which means you can add as many special tests, parameters, and free text as your mind can imagine. This can be overwhelming at first (and time consuming), but I tell my staff to make the system work for them, not work for it. WebPT curtails this by allowing for customizable initial evaluation templates, which definitely save time. Daily notes are a piece of cake! In addition to the clinical profiles, WebPT has a practice management profile, which we couldn't live without. The features include scheduling, referral tracking, appointment reminders, productivity, and tracking of authorizations (which reminds the therapist of when a PR is due). These features have made our front office staff more efficient by eliminating paper and calendar methods of tracking referrals, certification periods, etc. Our PT aides have begun to use the integrated flow-sheet function and they prefer it to the old paper flow-sheet, which we've now eliminated. They use an iPad and a laptop, which makes toggling from one patient to another fairly easy. Our PTs prefer to do all of their documentation on iPads over laptops or PCs. In summary, while no system is perfect, this is definitely tailored to the needs of rehabilitation professional. Each time the system is updated, the features get better and better. I highly endorse this product for being fully integrated, easy to use, and affordable for any practice!

Emily from Crystal Lake Physical Therapy, Inc

I couldn't be more impressed!

I have been using WebPT for just shy of 1 year now and I honeslty couldn't be more impressed with this platform! Not only does it provide you with a fantastic web based documentation system but the Marketplace will also provide you with a way to purchase awesome rehab equipment and supplies at a great discount compared to other avenues of purchasing! I've had great experiences with the company as far as customer service goes too! There is always a very prompt response to any of my questions or concerns and I feel like there is always someone at the corporate office for WebPT that has my back! A truly great platform for any physical therapy clinic!

Pros

Fantastic web based platform for documentation--easy access from anywhere! Easy to navigate and customize to make your documentation faster while still keeping it compliant.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be a bit better is the flow sheets that are used for tracking exercises and minutes spent on each activity. They are a bit more time consuming overall compared to the actual SOAP note itself but at least give you a great platform for being descriptive and compliant.

Dan from NIT

Administration

From a therapist prospective, it is easy to use but there are cons.

Pros

Therapists say it is easy to use. You may scan documents into the program for storage which is helpful. The ability to have a 'comment section' that therapist see when seeing a patient is nice. You can put a unique comment regarding the payer here such as X insurance does not allow X treatment

Cons

Reports are pitiful. We have to do so much manual work to see what we need to see. Also compliance is very lacking. For example, some insurance contracts allow us to bill the 8 minute rule by unique cpt code per CPT rules (not Medicare/Federal programs which have more restrictive rules with total time Trump). For these commercial contracts if a provider does 12 minutes of 97140, 12 minutes of 97110 and 12 minutes of 97112 we can bill 3 units even through the total time is only 36 minutes. (Please take a Gwenda seminar for all the documentation to show in certain circumstances where this is allowed for non-Medicare non-Federal payers). In order to handle this scenario in WebPT, you must shut off all over-site. If you shut off all over-site, things get crazy. For example, if a therapist accidently logs 30 units instead of 30 minutes, WebPT will now not notify you. The only way to proof before billing to see how many minutes is assigned to each cpt code is to open each an every note and look. There is NO REPORT or billing log that will tell you how many minutes are assigned to each cpt code. That is why I spend 8 hours every two weeks opening each and every note for specific payers to see if units are assigned correctly. I commonly find 22 minutes of 97140 where the therapist assigned 2 units to this. This is overbilling and I have to manually open each note to catch it. Other major software out there can easily handle this scenario. Also, the system will not give cancel/no show rates per each unique provider. We have to manually do this. Also, we can run a great report for Medicare but not for any other payers. For example our state has a unique requirement for rehab agencies in which we have to do recerts more frequently than required by Medicare. We can run a report for Medicare to help track when they are due, but there is not the option to run this same report for other payers in addition to Medicare. It's very frustrating that our info is in there but we can't report on it. In retrospect we wish we would have went with Clinicient, BMS or something else.

November 2013

Kristin from Peak Performance

November 2013

I work for a small, privately owned outpatient practice with three clinic sites. We recently began using WebPT. Over the course of my schooling and employment, I have used approximately six or seven different EMR programs. Overall, I would rate WebPT in the top three or four of those programs. They are doing a number of things right, but leave much to be desired. I think WebPT's biggest downfall is its lack of efficiency, which, at times, is costing our clinicians valuable treatment time with our patients. There are a number of extra steps that one must take in order to complete documentation on initial evaluations, flowsheets, and home exercise programs. Below are a list of some of the problems we have experienced along with suggestions for improvement. 1. When creating IE templates, we are currently unable to view the details of the tabs we are selecting. If the details of selected tabs end up being different than expected, we must later go back and modify the template after we perform the eval. To fix this, enable viewing of IE tab details when creating templates. 2. When entering diagnosis codes, the search bar does not always register keywords, making it difficult to quickly find appropriate diagnosis codes. To fix this, improve search capability in the diagnosis code box. (e.g. - enter keyword "shoulder" and all diagnoses with "shoulder" pop up). 3. We have experienced issues with notes not saving (or not formatting into a PDF document) due to using symbols (e.g. - &, #, *, /, -) in our documentation. To fix this, enable the use of symbols without need for extra spacing to improve efficiency of use for clinicians. 4. It is difficult and time-consuming to find specific exercises in the flowsheet and home exercise program due to the search bar requiring a very specific order/combination of words. Improve search capability in flowsheet and HEP (e.g. - enter keywords "shoulder AAROM" and all exercises with those words in no particular order should pop up). If WebPT is unable to do this, then at the very least provide a paper copy of exercises with their titles (in categorical or alphabetical order) to clinics for use as a quick reference. 5. When you are able to find exercises in the HEP, the results page requires you click a tab to see the remaining exercises. To fix this, get rid of the "see more results" box in the HEP, and simply have all exercises appear on one page. 6. The flowsheet and HEP do not link to one another. If they did, developing a HEP would be much more efficient. We are currently doing twice the work when we have to search for exercises in the HEP after we already listed them in the flowsheet. (As discussed in #4, this is a time consuming process). To fix this, provide an option/tab to carry exercises from the flowsheet to the HEP. Also, enable a feature to view exercises in the flowsheet before selecting them (to ensure we are ultimately selecting the exercises we want on patients' HEPs). 7. We are currently unable to share HEP templates with other clinicians unless each clinician searches through other therapist's patient records to find a previously created HEP template. This is impractical and inefficient. To fix this, provide an option for us to create HEP templates that may be shared by all clinicians. (e.g. - an option similar to the public IE templates). 8. There is currently no option to add photos of customized exercises that are not found on WebPT. To fix this, add an option for us to upload our own photos for use in our HEPs. 9. When adding exercises to flowsheets, they do not stay in a consistent order. Therefore, clinicians end up scrolling up/down the flowsheet repeatedly to find the exercise that was added. Furthermore, after we order exercises they fall out of order if we then add further exercises. To fix this, default placement of exercises to the bottom of the flowsheet when they are added in order to improve organization and efficiency . 10. If autosave is on when the flowsheet is previewed (but not finalized), it duplicates the charges for the same date of service when we attempt to add further exercises. Therefore, we must go through and delete each exercise for one date of service before finalizing the document in order to avoid doubling exercise minutes. To fix this, enable us to preview flowsheets without incurring changes to them.

Matt from Change Sports Physical Therapy Institute

March 2013

Change Sports Physical Therapy is in Huntington Beach, CA. I am a solo practitioner at the moment. WebPT has enabled my small operation to be backed by a bigger system. I have been using WebPT for a couple years now. I realy enjoy using it. I've used other EMRs in the past and they were very cumbersome- filled with meaningless checkboxes which you had to navigate through. I love WebPT because it allows you to write in as little or as much as you want, while still catching and alerting you of any documentation necessities for Medicare. I tend to be descriptive in my notes and write a lot of freehand. WebPT allows me to write what I want to write. The documents are very professional looking. I feel good sending out the evaluation forms to doctors. The evaluations are customizable to fit what I want to document. The number of special tests and other objective measures are vast and have also given me ideas for other tests that I might want to be looking at. One feature that I love is the ability to fax straight from the application. I use my iPad in the clinic a lot, and I can fax over Initial Evals right after I complete them with 2 clicks. It also makes sending documentation to WC companies a breeze. Customer support is always awesome. I can easily add or remove PT access to WebPT in case I have someone covering for me. I don't have any complaints in customer service. If there is one down side, for me it would be the time it takes me to set up a patient. Since I am by myself, I am entering in every entry. I would like to see a funciton where patients could sign up online and fill in all their information that would then be transfered over to my application. That way I could completely eliminate the entry of patient info. Maybe an idea for the future- On that same note- I love that they are continually updating the application to make it better. Since it is web based, they can make instant modifications and there is not need to upload new software or purchase an upgrade.

I like the software and believe it is very user friendly

Pros

That it tracks most compliance and outcome measures without us having to cue staff or send out reminders to be within medicare guidelines. I think if they work out the bugs in the functional outcomes scoring that this will be a huge asset but right now it is too early and difficult to appropriately capture data.

Cons

The customer service just basically responds to all questions (if they respond) with "we will look into this" then asks "please rate our service today," and very often never addresses the responses and blows off the doctoral educated therapists as if the glitches in the system couldn't possibly be flaws of WebPT

Ashly from HARTZ Physical Therapy

User Friendly

Pros

I like that this product is very user friendly. It looks very clean, crisp, and organized. It is easy to find what I need and the short cuts are easy to use making my job more efficient and therefore more impressive to patients.

Cons

I honestly haven't run into any issues that I can think of as a receptionist. I schedule LOTS of appointments with this software and scan documents to patients charts and I usually have no issues. Every once in awhile the software does not count appointments correctly or something like that. I call customer service right away and they always take care of my concern quickly and are nice on the phone.

shari from Jagone

Ease of use

Pros

Cons

I have no cons with this software, I have never had any issues

Vicki from Gail Wilson Lew Speech-Language Pathology

Speech-Language Use

It is my opinion that more work needs to be done to help speech-language pathologists. They should have the ability to remove the PT stuff and not have to scroll through when using Webpt. There is lots of potential with Webpt - would like to see more adaptation ability for individual owner.

Pros

The front office package works well. The system itself is pretty easy to use and train others on. I do like the look and feel of the system.

Cons

The product was created for PT and not Speech-Langage pathology therefore there is a lot of stuff to wade through that does not apply to speech-language. It feels like Speech-Language is an after thought. Plus you have to pay for WebPt and Threabill, even though they are integrated you have to access them in two differ places. We have to change our terminology to accommodate Webpt. We use SOAP notes, they use Daily Note.

Justin from Impact Physical Therapy LLC

The best service you will get

Every time I call for Web PT they have been very helpful and have figured out my issue. Thera bill on the other hand could use some help with customer service from Web PT.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate. It allows you to fax and find doctors easily. The customer service is excellent. Web PT works hard on progressing and improving there product so it is easier for us as Physical Therapists.

Cons

The home exercise program is hard to find the right exercise. It would be good if you could add your own because either I can't find them or the one I want are not there.

Katey from Knewtson Health Group

Awesome program for Admin too!

Overall our clinic really enjoys WebPT. Coming from a software that wasn't geared toward Physical Therapy, to one that is, our lives are so much easier! They have great customer service reps and I have yet to have a bad experience with them.

Pros

It is so user friendly for the scheduling personale. From finding patients to finding out who hasn't been in for a while, with just a few clicks you can make the software work for you! And the ease of scheduling is so nice.

Cons

We don't bill through WebPT, so I don't like how we can't turn off some of the billing questions on the admin side of the program. Other than that, very few software problems ever!

Pamela from Restore Occupational Therapy

Restore's review

I went with a different company to save money but came back to WebPT because of its ease of use and its integrations with therabill and the credit card processing company. It saves so much time and effort for me as a therapist and for my front end staff.

Pros

The ease of use and the compatibility with the billing software and payment system for an all in one system

Cons

I absolutely hate how the AROM and PROM measurements are set up. They are hard to read and doctors do NOT want to fish through all of that extra type to find the measurements they need. It should only print the actual measurements you take and they should be reformatted in an easy to read table.

July 2016

Debbie from Specialty Physical Therapy

July 2016

WebPT is the BEST

Pros

WebPT is so user friendly. I am able to provide reports to my boss and billing reports so fast and easy. I am most impressed with the support staff. I have yet to call and not get the help I needed when I needed it and by someone that was easy to understand and who I felt completely understood my question. Having spent my career in customer service I find it so rare and refreshing to find a company whose employees truly "get" customer service. After all, customer service is the one thing that can't be automated.Thank You WebPT!

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like. Perhaps being able to pull all patients associated with a particular doctor would be helpful sometimes, but that's all I can add at this time.

Julienne from S.O.A.R. Physical Therapy

I love WebPT products

I live on Guam so there are unique challenges for us. WebPT has been helpful but it does not change the issues related to the time stamp issues. Downloading charts for documentation has been quite challenging for almost a year after one of their upgrades. However, I still use the program!

Pros

The ability to have a one stop webbase Program streamlines work! I like to shop, chart, and learn all in the same site

Cons

Because of my location, it creates time stamp and VPN issues. The charts take forever to open charts because the VPN takes a while to recognize my location. My IT guy says its a regional thing and a security thing... it is like we are a threat list!

Joan from Foulds Physical Therapy

Web PT system use

At our office I started using Web PT and there was no one here physically to train us. We just dug in and started to input information. Web PT was easy to maneuver.

Pros

What I like most is that the information is readily available. The system is user friendly. I am not a computer wizard by far.

Cons

The fact that I need to contact Web PT to d/c cases of people who scheduled and then decided not to come to Physical Therapy. Please don't get me wrong Web PT always handles my requests ASAP.

July 2013

Travis from Pro Therapy Services

July 2013

I am a co-owner of a 4 clinic, private outpatient orthopedic PT practice. We have 6+ PT's and as many PTAs. We were growing frustrated (as we have no IT department) with maintaining our own server and its security and were facing making a large investment to update, just to continue the way we were doing things. After careful analysis, we realized that we were just as frustrated at the way our former EMR functioned, even if it were working at optimal speed. I had been receiving the WebPT emails and took a closer look. Our billing manager, who was using the same billing system that we had used since our inception, was very skeptical and concerned about making any changes. After the demo, she had a different opinion. We have been using WebPT for over 6 months now and the transition could not have gone better. We elected to use Kareo for the ability of seamless documentation and billing - and highly recommend it. Both WebPT and Kareo are user-friendly and have excellent support staffs. We were quickly up to speed in using in the clinic and we use an assortment of desktop & laptops PC's, Macs, & iPads. WebPT does an excellent job of training, and they are very responsive regarding questions and support. Additionally, there are no worries about what happens if the building catches on fire and our server with it, and you can check your schedule with your smartphone! For clinicians/owners/billers facing the FLR dilemma, WebPT offers a great solution. I do not know how we would ever have done it with our previous software/billing. Another thing, I was always "behind" in staying current with my notes. I always had the burden of having to "catch up". I am proud to say that not only are my charges done for today, but so are all of the notes to support said charges (It's clever that the daily note is the charge). Highest recommendations, and always looking forward to what they're going to do next!

Heather from Berryville Physical Therapy & Wellness

WebPT makes our life easier.

Pros

This software is comprehensive and we can fully rely on it. The scheduling component is well done, you can use it fully as is or personalize it. They have email reminders for appts. The documentation part is thourough too. Again you can use as is or customize it. They build in things to keep you compliant. Then the charges carry over to a few different billing options for in house billing done right.

Cons

The price recently went up a bit and that is a bit frustrating. But still worth it! Customer service is a bit slower than it used to be but always that day.

Damon from Cawley Physical Therapy and Fitness, LLC

What WebPT has done right since it was created.

The interface was designed by a PT. From the start, they tried to make the graphical user interface as friendly as possible. It has always been the best product for the $ in the Outpatient PT realm that I have used. They understood early on that software is a service. When hospital systems were paying for poorly designed software systems with 1980's style templates that played well on the back-end with their existing systems, WebPT was constantly improving their interface to make the least important part of a clinician's jobless aggravating and faster.

Pros

The drop down, fully customizable GUI.

Cons

They failed to create an intuitive interface that learned from a therapist's interaction. Maybe I am expecting too much, but repetitiousness is inherent in patient care. That being said, the primary deficit I noticed over the years is that a goal template is lacking. I include 10-15 goals in each of my evaluations for a reason. I still have to select each goal via a slow, step-by-step process. Their billing service also gets a negative because they charge a percentage to process cash pay patients. Which means you are getting charged for service on an account that they are doing nothing with. This may not seem like a lot at first but ends up costing a clinic a great deal of money.

Kerith from Body Mechanix Physical Therapy, pllc

good value for the money

We love this system and rarely have problems with it. The money is worth the system. The clinical is hard for new therapists to learn but once they get used to the system it is fast and easy.

Pros

This system ensures compliance, has an easy to use scheduler. The ability to fax through the system and upload documents to charts using quick scan is amazing. The reporting is new and improved and very helpful.

Cons

There are system outages and slow downs after updates (not frequently), Its hard to switch between licenses, When the internet is lost clinical notes can be partially or mostly deleted/lost.

Jeff from Makovicka Physical Therapy

Good total package for physical therapy practices

Overall it is a good product however I wish the referral reports were a little bit easier to use as well as I wish it was easier to use when transitioning from one Clinic to another clinic as far as scheduling patients in a multi Clinic specialty practice

Pros

It is reasonably comprehensive with regard to your notes presented to your Physicians and referring parties. It is also very easy to enter a building into your daily notes

Cons

The analytics reporting is getting better however it still lacks very specific reports on trends of referrals between different clinics if you have a multi cutting practice.