• Pros

• " It was easy to use, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for helping us help the families at the Ronald McDonald House."

• "It seems to match well to local organizations. The scheduling tool is very helpful and helps keep everything organized."

• "I love how easy this is to use for both the administrator and the user. I love that as a user you can sign up without creating an account. "

• Cons

• "Editing the roster took a little bit more time to figure out than setting it up in the first place, but it was still easy"

• "I wish the unlimited items would say ###/unlimited instead of filled once someone signed up. Other than that very reasonable features for the free option. "

• "Only at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track."

Browse VolunteerSpot Reviews

Najja E from Yield to the King Ministry

SignUp does the all the necessary work. It sends out reminders and notifications like an assistant!

Pros

I have a bank of volunteers with whom I work as a nonprofit organization. When a community outreach event comes up and I need to notify volunteers, then I go to SignUp. It's easy to set up, navigate and operate. I create the venue and notify the volunteers right away. The volunteers can sign up by selecting which outreach event, location, and shift they want to volunteer for. Right at their disposal is a complete description of their responsibilities and duites. SignUp does all the work by reminding the volunteers of their assignment via email. As the Executive Director, I too get notification when someone signs up as a volunteer and the reminders that were sent. I can closely track all of the activity, know who has signed up and can opt to generate a sign-in sheet. It's a great way to centralize the nonprofit community outreach activity. It provides one-stop shopping so volunteers can see what fits their fancy. I absolutely love it! It has decreased my admin time by at least one-third. It's like having an admin assistant to complete the work I don't have time to do!

Cons

Volunteers can't find the location/address of the event once they've signed up. It's there, but just appears to be buried and not as visible as it should be. There are too many adds and it makes the page look busy.

Kimberly from Kansas Society, Daughters of the American Revolution

Perfect for Non Profits

This is the second year that we have utilized SignUp.com for our fund raiser gift wrap booth and it saves me the administrator so much time and energy as it is easy to use and easy to create. Our nontechnical members can use it and we are able to have instant, accurate information.

Pros

This software was easy to navigate as an administrator in developing the project, and extremely easy to use for our members - including those that have limited computer skills. It easily shows availability, provides reporting and updates immediately.

Cons

Still trying to get it to function on my cell phone for on the go updates. Would love an app for android.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

Ease of use, options, reports, and user friendly.

Amy from Wisconsin Humane Society

Facilitating Foster Homes for Animals During Pandemic

The Humane Society of southeast Wisconsin issued invitations to animal foster families to use Signup.com as a placement/matching tool for caregiver families and animals in need. With a recent, significant growth of participants and available animals, Signup.com has been an essential tool. We utilize many of the features to provide families with details such as animal age, number of animals, medical needs, anticipated recheck, and environment necessary for fostering. The system was put to the test when pandemic began. WHS was able to place a phenomenal number of animals in caregiver homes in a very short period of time, virtually emptying the shelters and ensuring animals would not be stranded in an institution for the duration of lockdown. A win for all!

Pros

Signup.com allows me to preview animals in need of foster care to make a good match between my caregiving abilities and the animals' needs. There are photo options, care notes, and places to include specific data. Real-time updates eliminate double signups of the past, and prevent disappointment. Users can even make requests for transfer and specify their preferred date, time, and location preference.

Cons

Users cannot access Signup while administrators are updating the entries, which is a minor inconvenience and does not detract from the overall ease of use.

Kim from Parent Teacher Organization

Another Software to Get People to Sign Up for stuff

Used Sign Up for alot of stuff until I discovered Sign Up Genius. Sign Up doesn't have the bells and whistles, including collecting payment, like Sign Up Genius does. Sign Up would be great for the most simplistic of sign up lists; nothing to big or with too many selections/options to pick from. Wish the website site had more of a design. It's rather blank looking with just words,, not very appealing. But the functionality ultimately does what it says it will do (and for FREE) which is good all around.

Pros

You can easily transfer an event from one person to another person to be the owner of.

Cons

It doesn't have many special features and setting up repeating items is not as simple as it could be

Response from SignUp.com

Replied October 2019

Hi Kim - Thanks for being a leader at your school and for taking the time to share your feedback, For clarification, SignUp does allow you to collect funds on the site, and we know how important budgets are so we only pass on the processing fee and don't charge fees ourselves (unlike SignUp Genius charges.). I'm sorry we didn't make it more obvious, but we absolutely do offer a near-instant way to schedule a series of appointment spots - like for parent-teacher conferences, and to set up repeating schedules. Please click Help at the top of the site to learn how or to contact our support team. Since most parents (80%+) will be signing up on smartphones, our screens are designed and tested for clarity and user success. I hope you'll give us a try again in the future.

Doreen. from Whitewater Valley Elementary

Works well for our needs.

It has worked very well for our needs. We have adapted to the downfalls and have worked around them.

Pros

We have used SignUp.com for the past year to schedule our Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meet the Teacher Nights, etc. and it has worked very well for us. We are in the process of renewing our subscription so that we can continue to use the program for all of our events this year. Thank you for providing a very useful and affordable product.

Cons

It would be great if you could customize what you need to see when looking at the reserved slots. Just seeing the initials of the person is not very helpful. It would be better if you could see actual names.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

We felt it was little more user friendly and the cost was significantly less than the other products we looked at.

Sharyn from Youngstown State University

Very helpful program

We are using SignUp.com for lots of things, mostly tracking events and volunteer opportunities that are available to our students. It has been a great time saver and better option for us.

Pros

We can post signups for our students and easily keep track of volunteer opportunities and events. Love that they receive multiple email reminders for the slots they have signed up for.

Cons

Not incredibly user friendly; took me a while to get the hang of it but i'm good now.

Sarah from Precious Lambs Preschool

Preschool user

I am so glad that I chose to to begin using this program. I transitioned from paper sign ups to online sign ups using this program. It is easy to set up, parents can go in and sign up at their leisure with the link provided, and sign ups can be copied and reused year after year. It's the best!

Pros

I LOVE using this software for parent volunteer opportunities. I have signups for committees, classroom volunteering, conference times, etc. It is easy to use and sign ups can be reused year after year. They also send out automated reminders to those who have signed up, and copies come to the teachers as well so that teachers are informed of who is doing what.

Cons

If you have sign ups that are for year-long volunteers that you launch at the start of the year, you have to keep adjusting the dates so that when parents log-in, the sign ups can be easily viewable.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

I looked at a couple of other online programs but this one was the most user friendly and easiest to establish and set up.

Becky from Rigby Virtual Academy

Great experience!

I’ve used SignUp to organize the appointments for my PTCs. I felt that it made everything run smoothly and that it took so much off my shoulders. I like the updates it sends to me as well as the reminders to the parents. It made a very tedious job run much more smoothly. Thank you!

Pros

The ease of individuals signing up for an appointment time that worked well for them.

Cons

I had trouble with managing the slots when a parent emailed me about a needed change. I’m sure it’s possible, I just didn’t see how to do it easily.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

Recommended by a coworker.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied November 2020

Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience, Becky! To take some of the manual appointment management off your plate, we allow participants to change their own spots. (See https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202193314--How-do-I-make-changes-to-my-spots-or-cancel-my-shift-or-appointment-for-Participants) We'd love to share some best practices to speed up/simplify your process. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. In the meantime, our Help Center also provides lots of useful info for organizers: https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200044579-I-am-an-Organizer-Coordinator-Teacher Thank you for all you do. We love our teachers! Tara Marketing Manager

Emily from Butte Humane Society

Auto-pilot volunteer sign ups

Pros

Easy to use, easy to implement, simple to train other users, helps keep volunteers organized with minimal need to manage the software after the initial set up.

Cons

N/A. This was exactly what we needed, met all expectations.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the positive feedback, Emily! We're happy to hear that SignUp's tool meets all of your volunteer-management needs, and we're so proud to power Butte Humane Society's GOOD work! Tara McAdams SignUp Marketing Manager

Jason from Resource Ability & Nursing Solutions

Exactly what I was looking for!

Overall SignUp solved a challenge that I was anticipating having to spend a great deal of time and energy on, and did it in a way that I don't think I could have coordinated manually. I would happily recommend this application to anyone needing to coordinate multiple people in either volunteer, work, or educational settings.

Pros

I needed to coordinate scheduling of multiple staff, over multiple days for one on one training session. SignUp made it beyond easy. I created the schedule, assigned the times slots, and shared the link in one email. SignUp did the rest including reminders to staff. For reschedules I was easily able to find how to links in the FAQ section and share that with my team so they could make adjustments. I was really impressed by how easy the set up and implementation was.

Cons

Few things in the user interface like how to hide/delete/archive an old project were tricky to find, but I ultimately figured it out. I hate to admit it as I've always considered myself fairly computer literate, but it may just have been my age related declining tech savvyness. :)

Eric from Poway Unified School Disrict

They've been my #1 choice as a teacher for several years. Fast help response. Will use again!

Pros

I love the service and how it shows status in real time, and parents like the flexibility to rearrange appointments at will. The reminders are a very good thing, and I had zero unannounced no-shows at any appointment. The notification options for participants, being able to send a link in email AND post a button to my website was brilliant. I think I caught every parent I needed to see, and others clearly knew they had the option to meet with me if they wished.

Cons

I use the free service and am unlikely to purchase an upgrade at this time. (I only benefit your company in terms of eyeballs and awareness as my students families sign in, and as I recommend your site to other teaching colleagues.) In order for me to continue to be a devotee of SignUp.com, I need an easier and more obvious way to find the list of parents who signed up with the field that shows who their child is in my class. With today's blended families, parent last names are not an indicator of who their child is. As a middle school teacher with 100+ student on my rosters, I need a fast way to see who the adult is that has made the appointment, as well as who is the child they are coming to consult about. I bounced around your multiple list views and reports before contacting Help. Their response was very swift, (yay!), but the answer was not self-evident to me as a user: I needed to pull up a Check-In report, and there I would at last find the students names shows, as long as I checked the show extra fields box when requesting the report. All told, I figured out the answer over the course of a couple of afternoons, but I admit I was getting frustrated. When I told this to SignUp customer service, the were back to me within minutes and expressed they would look into how to make it more intuitive in the future. One can't beat their responsiveness!

Brynn from Wellington Elementary PTO

Convenient Volunteer Calendar

We are always looking for ways to engage volunteers and streamline the process of communicating volunteer opportunities and logistics. SignUp.com allows us to use a free web-based solution that is easily accessible for our school's parent population, and it makes our jobs as volunteer coordinators much more simple than if we were trying to maintain offline records.

Pros

Our PTO has used SignUp.com for over two years. As a nonprofit serving a local public school, we love that it is free for all of our parents who are trying to help our students and teachers. We use it to track volunteers for all of our projects. It is easy to copy/paste recurring shifts for jobs such as Media Center volunteers but we can also customize the shifts for specific days or alternate schedules. We like that volunteers can make comments for everybody to see (such as, "I can work this shift but will be 15 minutes late."). However, the biggest pro for us is the feature to "group" calendars together. We usually direct volunteers to the grouped URL, and people can then easily see all of the activities or events that are available for volunteering; we have calendars for Media Center, Cafeteria, Book Fairs, Fundraisers, and other special events. We have found that not having to promote separate URLs for each upcoming event has streamlined our volunteer communications and made it easier for our parents to find the task that best suits them for getting involved.

Cons

The mobile version of SignUp.com does not display the details very conveniently for users. For Book Fairs, we list the classes that are coming during each volunteer shift, and we often hear from volunteers who ask us when their child's class is coming because they cannot see the details for the shifts. It seems to require a lot of clicking/navigating to access the specific shift details on the mobile version.

Cherry from Santa Margarita Catholic High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Outstanding Site to help with volunteer coordination!

I have been using Signup.com (formerly VoluneerSpot.com) for 9 years now in my volunteer role as the International Baccalaureate (IB) & Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Proctor Coordinator for our high school. It has been an excellent tool for me and I am most grateful to your team. Signup.com has allowed me to successfully help my kids’ school find parent proctors to help administer the IB and AP tests for the past 9 years. On an average, I needed to fill about 160 proctor spots every exam season which is over a 5-week period in the months of April and May. Signup.com allows me to connect with the parents effectively and efficiently months before the exam period starts. It also helps me manage with ease once the parents start signing up. I especially like the option of being able to lock dates to avoid parents arbitrarily canceling their spots the day before their assignment.

Pros

Ease of use; flexibility in setting up spots; option to lock signups; reports created especially the export feature; being able to monitor who has read the emails sent via the site; being able to send messages and invitations so easily - choose recipients

Cons

The limitation on the number of emails that you can upload all at once.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied June 2019

Thanks for your Good work supporting the IB and AP students, Cherry! We appreciate your generous feedback and loyalty to our service. For future reference, you may upload an email list of any size to a Contact List and then invite people to your SignUp directly from the Contact List. Thanks for your review!

Mira from GotVolunteers.net

One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!

As a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.

Pros

1) intuitive 2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers 3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups 4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions 5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary

Cons

A minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.

Paula from #1 Fan Volunteer Service Agency

I love SignUp.com because it helps our agency organize events and volunteers.

It give us a way to get reports for our events and help us give clear information to our volunteers. I understand the reason for changing the name. However, I like it when it was VolunteerSpot it helped my new volunteers find us easier.

Pros

How easy it is.

Cons

It is really nothing. I just did not like the name change from VolunteerSpot to SignUp. When it was VolunteerSpot it was easier for new volunteers to find us.

Eric from 90.9fm KRCL - Listeners Community Radio of Utah

Industry: Broadcast Media

Really simple to use, both as a manager and from the volunteer side.

Pros

The ease of use. We have a wide range of volunteers with a wide range of computer skills. Everyone is able to sign up, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from our volunteers about SignUp.com. The automatic reminders are great, being able to fun reports with hours is really great for tracking volunteer hours. When I run into other volunteer managers looking for a new system, I always bring up SignUp.

Cons

I do wish it had volunteer profile pages. I know not having them is what makes it so easy to sign up, but as a manager I do wish I could gather some more info from our volunteers. Also if it could feed into our database, that would be nice. To be able to cross reference volunteers and donors would be great.

Judith from New Leash on Life

SignUp.com Saves My Sanity

I love SignUp.com! I coordinate volunteers of our local animal welfare agency and low-cost spay/neuter clinic to work our tent at the county fair. With 128 volunteer hours to fill, I know from experience that trying to fill all the slots is a nightmare without you guys. Thank you! You help me keep my sanity during the 9 days of our fair.

Pros

It was easy to upload volunteers from my contact list. Reminders are sent out automatically so I don't have to do it. I can see who is reading the emails I send. The messages sent using SignUp.com look much better than just sending a plain email. I am able to use sign-ups from previous years' events so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just update with the current calendar.

Cons

If I haven't used SignUp.com in a while, it takes me a few minutes to remember how to maneuver the program but once I get back into the rhythm of it, I'm good to go.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

As a non-profit, money is always an issue for my organization. Because so much of SignUp.com is free, I can accomplish everything I need to and the organization is not out anything.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your generous feedback, Judith and for your GOOD work with our furry friends!

Andrew from Kearns High / Granite School District

Show Up Improvement

It has helped our Latinos in Action Program here at Kearns High tremendously! We do a lot of service projects, service activities, social and cultural activities as part of our class. Before, we would print out a sign Up sheet and pass it around the class. Students would only be able to sign up when they came to class and would forget they did. They would also have things come up and not tell me, which is infuriating. Our show up rate was very low and not very good. We'd get 20 people to sign up and only 5-6 show up. This past year, we switched to using Sign Up .com, and our show up rate has increased dramatically. Students can sign up when they see a new activity posted, get reminders and communicate if they can't make it anymore on their terms, which makes things so much easier for me as a teacher. I have encouraged all Latinos in Action Programs to use it! I highly recommend it!

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. The links make it easy to use and for students to access.

Cons

Sometimes I would get cancellations but students did not cancel.

Ashley from Local Government

Industry: Libraries

Great for small organizations that want to give volunteers autonomy over scheduling

I've had a very positive experience with signup.com and I would recommend it to other people. The free version is definitely worth using and provides and affordable scheduling tool for a small organization.

Pros

This software allows users to set up schedules for people for any kind of projects that they want. My organization has used it organize young volunteers to assist us in events. They volunteers are given a link to the sign up site, which makes sure the only ones given the ability to sign up are volunteers we've chosen or that other volunteers have deemed qualified. The amount of control I have but the allowance for volunteer autonomy is very useful. It was saved me a huge amount of time scheduling.

Cons

I found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times. I think the user interface calendar needs to be more user friendly and less clunky.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied August 2019

Hi Ashley - Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to learn more about the activities you were scheduling and perhaps we can share some best practices to speed/simplify your planning and setup. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. Thanks for your Good work in your community!

Patricia from St. Mel School

Excellent!

Pros

Sign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.

Cons

Response from SignUp.com

Replied September 2019

Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!

Sue from Hollister RV Schools

I used this in my classroom mainly for parent teacher conferences. Once I had to be gone for a week from students so I was unable to send out regular paper notes. This is when I found Sign Up. I was able to send my parent conference notification and sign up list electronically. Within the week most parents had already signed up and I was ready for conferences though I had been away!

Pros

I loved this software because it allowed parents in my classroom to sign up for parent conferences, party items, and just overall information regarding special events in my classroom. Parents signed up for a time slot or an item to bring so that another parent would not sign up for the same item/time. It was so easy--no notes to send home, no reminders that had to be printed. Sign up even emailed the parents when their conference/item was due!! So easy!

Cons

It was a little difficult to figure out at first. It notified me that the invitation had been sent, but it did not always let me know when a parent signed up. Sometimes, I checked it periodically to make sure parents were signing up. Perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Elise from Mt Cheeseman Ski Club

signup.com review

its great - it allows us to publish a roster in advance, and vary how many volunteers we would like each day. Then once we email the link to members, they can easily see which spots are available and commit to one.

Pros

the software's brilliant - I love it - thanks. I used it to manage a roster of cafe volunteers at my local ski club, Mt Cheeseman, New Zealand. Setting up the roster is straight-forward, and its really, really easy for club members to click on the link and choose a day to volunteer. The system then automatically sends them a reminder, and tells the administrator if anyone has cancelled. I liked that the administrator is the only one who sees people's email addresses, and that people signing-up to volunteer don't have to register or provide passwords to log-in or anything cumbersome like that - just name, email and phone number.

ease of use

Amanda from American Heart Association

We use it for our volunteer sign up for events!

It's quick, easy, detailed, and easy to share, access and edit. I am so thrilled to be able to use this software, it helps is tremendously when recruiting and setting up volunteers for our events.

Pros

We tend to have the same events every year so being able to copy then tweak the details the following week is amazing! The details, including dates, shift time, and descriptions do a great job of setting out volunteers up with all the info they will need pre-event. I like the export feature so I can go in a get all the details and set it up how I like in Excel.

Cons

We tried the updated version and we were unable to make the check in work for us for large groups - there was no easy way to edit if people brought more or less than the amount they said. I brought this to the attention of their Support Team and they were SO understanding and tried to give suggestions and be accommodating. They showed appreciation for the constructive criticism and stated they would work to improve this feature in the future.

Boyd from Human Resources

Great for HS Reunion Organizing!

I've also used SignUp.com to organize a professional luncheon, and our turnout was higher than ever -- we believe because of the ease of RSVP-ing and paying in just a matter of minutes. Will definitely recommend SignUp.com and use it again in the future, enthusiastically!

Pros

Setting up the RSVP and payment functions (through WePay) was straightforward and intuitive. While not specifically designed for this specific function (a high school class reunion), it worked spectacularly and not only helped people RSVP, but also commit with their payments and get automatic periodic reminders. It took the pain out of having to collect money in cash or checks, and eliminated the need to post "someone at the door" to collect, so that all of us could just enjoy the reunion when it arrived. Also the ability to generate the list of RSVPs (sign-ups) and share with others was terrific.

Cons

For us, gathering RSVPs but also collecting money, the process of going from one to the other could be improved as a few people signed up but didn't pay at first, and others paid at first but didn't "sign up." Once the organizer chooses to collect money, the system should self-configure to guide the end-user (who is signing up) to both sign up and then pay, to avoid having people do one part but not the other.

Sue from Hollister Elementary School

Pros

Had a great turn out at my parent conferences because SignUp automatically sent the invite to the parent's email address. They could sign up for one slot that fit their schedules so I did not have to send home a sign up list, have them choose three spots, and hope that I did not schedule another conference with on their selection. Signup sends an email reminder to all the families. All I had to do was set it up. No reminder notes to send home and no switching around conferences—easy peasy.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to navigate between setting up the spots and checking who signed up. I wasn't always notified when a parent signed up, so I had to check it daily. This wasn't a big deal, but I had to make sure ALL of my parents had signed up. Also, not all parent have access to a computer, so they didn't check their email. However, I just called those parents and inserted their names so I could print out a complete schedule for the week of conferences.

Amy from Lutheran Church of the Ascension

Best Volunteer Management Tool!

We no longer use paper sign up sheets!!

Pros

SignUp.com makes managing all of our church volunteers incredibly easy. The best part is reminder emails are sent directly from them so we don't have to worry about it!

Cons

SignUp.com does automatically sign people up to receive a weekly news email and users have to be sure to un-select the box so they don't receive this. This can be confusing to some users and some others don't want to receive such things!

Response from SignUp.com

Replied July 2019

Thanks for sharing your generous feedback, Amy - it's a privilege to help people-power your Good work! Paper-free is a fantastic achievement -- good for everyone & our planet!

Gene from Hog County Amateur Radio Association

Volunteering made simple

I have used Volunteer Spot / Signup.com now for two years and three different applications as I am the volunteer coordinator for all three. Signup allows our volunteers to check the calendar of events, select the date and time slot that works best for them and sign up, easy. The beauty of this program is that it then alerts me to the activities, when someone signs up and in some cases where they withdraw as well. I would highly recommend Signup.com to all volunteer coordinators or those who are managing volunteers. Thank you so much for also having a no charge version of this program for those of us who are doing small groups and nonprofits as well.

Pros

It makes being a volunteer organizer a lot easier.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Suzanne from 7 Mindsets

SignUp.com makes volunteer sign up easy

I've used SignUp.com for various volunteer activities for my children's school. It was user friendly, appealing to the eye, and provided good reminders to volunteers before their time slot.

Pros

I love being able to create sign ups so quickly and easily. Being able to sync with calendars is a very helpful tool.

Cons

When I was using it regularly, I felt it was a little time consuming to choose the correct background photo/wallpaper.

Linda from St. Pius X Women's Club

Bazaar Shift Coordinator

Our church's bazaar runs for five days in the Fall (this includes 1 1/2 days of set-up and 3 1/2 days for the actual bazaar. For two year's I've organized the approximately 150 shift workers using your site and found it a breeze to use and tremendously helpful. Being notified if anyone cancelled helped a lot. Your email reminders a couple days before each worker's shift made my job so much easier. Your quick response to any questions I had was wonderful. The site is so easy for me to use and the shift workers loved it, too. Thanks.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Wish I could figure out how to go in and add a person's email address after they've signed themselves up but didn't give you that information. They miss out on your reminders if you don't have their email address and I'd like to know how to add it without having to delete their name and then re-enter it. If I delete their name to do that, then they will get an email from you saying that I deleted their shift and gave them a new assignment. This confuses the worker when they wonder why I deleted their shift. Is there a way for me to just add their email address without the worker receiving this notice?

Linda from Friends of the Guelph Public Library Book Sale Committee

Another very satisfied SignUp.com User

I have been using this software for about 3 years now to organize the over 200 volunteers who manage our annual charitable event, a used book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Guelph Public Library. Although retired now (and volunteering!) I have worked with LOTS of software people in my nearly 30 years of IT work, and the SIGNUP support team are a notch way above the average in absolutely every way. They answer questions quickly. The FAQ's are actually helpful. The videos are sometimes all you need to understand a set-up issue. As well, they understand that most of the people who use their software are not made of money, and so are willing to allow some flexible payment adjustments if you cannot afford to "Drive the Cadillac" all year round. One thing that is very important is product consistency or improvement. This was a solid product when it was Volunteerspot, but it just keeps getting better. The transition to SignUp was completely seamless, no glitches at my end, and the new features that came along with the change to SignUp make this an excellent volunteer management tool. Do not hesitate to give this a try!

Pros

ease of set-up and use flexibility of set-up options reliability - no down time communication "hooks" (messaging) that is built in uploads of external contact lists very easy and error free

Cons

some of the reporting could be improved, and I am not thrilled that I have to pay the top price to be able to do cross-signup reports. Maybe someday that will become a standard feature.

Kim from Bedford Public Schools

As a teacher I use this product to get parents to sign up for parent teacher conferences.

Pros

I especially like that reminders are sent out to parents. I no longer have parents forgetting to come to a conference. I also really like that parents can easily follow the link sent out without having to sign in to the site. My previous sign ups are also saved and this allows me to look back to see who signed up. Parents are also able to change their sign up times without me having to get involved. It is a super fair way do conference sign ups and it makes my life so much easier.

Cons

At this point I do not have anything that I do not like. Since I do not use the site all the time it takes me a few minutes each time to get used to things again. However, it is easy enough to figure out and I have not had any problems getting around the site and getting the job done that I need to do. Thank you.

Elizabeth from Grundy County Health Department

Easy to use for all users

I use signup.com to sign up church volunteers. The volunteers are mostly older church members that can easily use the signup. I like the printed reports and the ability to communicate with volunteers within the Signup.

Pros

Easy to use for people not tech savvy, ability to duplicate signups, love the email reminders for users, like to see all spots that a single user has signed up for

Cons

Limited themes with the free version. Ad free option too expensive for small group quarterly signups.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied October 2019

Thanks for being a leader in your church and for sharing your feedback, Elizabeth. Please keep in mind that most people (80%) will be signing up on their smartphones and there is very limited screen real-estate for themes. We hope our proven and attractive options will meet your needs. We also offer an ad-free version for $9.99 per month covering unlimited SignUps, Group Pages and notifications (discounted annually offering 2 months free). Perhaps we can fit in a future budget.

Jean from Henry Elementary

Ease of scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups

I've used this website for about three years, and it has been an efficient, well-organized website for me to use when scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups.

Pros

SignUp.com made it fairly easy for me to create parent sign-ups and check on the status of their sign-ups.

Cons

Not being tech savvy, I did have to ask my younger colleagues how to complete a few of the steps.

Jenie from Morrisson-Reeves Library

Industry: Libraries

Organizing volunteers for Library Book Sale with ease

The product is easy to setup and our volunteers find it simple to use. We have been using this service for 3 years and have found it to be a BIG time saver. We shotgun out an email through sign-up.com to all of our registered volunteers. They can go the the sign-up area and choose which shifts they wish to volunteers. We have an active record of our volunteers spots that are filled and the volunteer receives a reminder email a few days before their volunteer shift. The biggest benefit is that I can clone previous events where we typically have the same need for volunteers. Simply change the dates for the event and all of the open shifts are automatically placed into the cloned event. WOW! Love this service!

Pros

The best thing about this product is that it is SO easy to use and setup. Our volunteers enjoy the ease of online sign-ups and the helpful reminders when their shift is near.

Cons

I love everything about the service. I have nothing negative to share.

Keri from CUSD

SignUP is an EXCELLENT system for coming alongside a teacher to setup meeting and events.

TIME saved....many steps are bypassed on the teacher's part when using SignUp, so the relief of not having to send home hard copy letters requesting a parent to list their "top 3 dates available," then having to place parents into a schedule, resend a letter home to parents, etc.... So much TIME saved on teachers' parts. Thank you SignUp.com staff!!! You are so appreciated!

Pros

The task of scheduling my parent-teacher conferences was less challenging, and actually gave the parent "buy-in," holding the students' parents accountable to their own date and time choice, rather than the teacher assigning the parent "a date!" Also, the reminders sent out by SignUp to parents...great help!

Cons

The technology aspect allows the parent "an out" for attending with a simple "click " on a device, the parent can cancel, switch times, etc. My schedule seemed to change a few times in the '11th hour.'

Ruthanne from Girl Scouts Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana

Christmas parade

I use it ass a tool for my Troops I'm in Charge of.

Pros

Thanks so much for having this site. It came in handy the day if the parade. When almost everyone checked in with me. I printed out the participates page and everyone pointed to their name or troop number and gave me their final numbers. So having your site helped me organize this event without emailing everyone.

Cons

Not being able to add things without purchasing the next level.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerSpot

Because of how easy it was to set up.

Therese from Northwestern School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent site for organizing parent teacher conferences

Parent conferences had the highest attendance since I've been in the Middle School. Saved me a ton of time.

Pros

There are so many pros to this site, I probably will not be able to remember them all. Here are just a few: It gives parents more incentives to come to conferences as they can choose & change their times to their convenience. It uses modern ways of communication so that more parents are apt to use it as there is no pressure and it takes only a few seconds to sign up. It's basic version is free so that schools on a budget can use it. It is user friendly. It has excellent organization. It saves the organizer's time. Who ever designed it understands how to organize events as even the smallest details are covered, for example the sign ups can be locked, email reminders are sent, reports can be generated, other teachers can get live reports of who is coming. Can't think of any improvements. Made my life easier... ;)

Linda from HHS Project Graduation

Great Experience

I had all my information about the volunteers in one place. To be able to click a few buttons and send out a mass email was wonderful.

Pros

Thank you for creating this perfect way to communicate in the digital age we live in. Setting up the requests and having people sign up by attaching a link in an email was so easy and extremely helpful. We started using the services last year and everything is executed perfectly. To be able to send the group a quick note of thanks after the event and have everyones email addresses at the click of a button couldn't have been easier. We will continue to use for any and all events we need help with.

Cons

Nothing. We have used SignUp for volunteers and donations over the last 2 years. Everyone has responded well and the software has been very user friendly.

Claire from Gorman Heritage Farm

Very Easy to Use

SignUp.com has eased the process that I used to manage large events needing many volunteers doing different jobs with Excel spreadsheets... volunteers changing shifts, emailing me with every change or question. It was so time consuming. Now I can send out all the openings, with details on each shift and people can make their own selections and changes if they want. I am more efficient and able to reach more people with the sign-up link. I can post the signup link in lots of places and everyone can access it. It is just terrific.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows me to add volunteer jobs, add shifts along with writing separate descriptions. It is easy to add to, easy to make changes, run reports and sends reminders to participants along with emails to me about changes and final names for the event. It is great.

Cons

When I receive the emails, there are ads on the letters. But I understand that it is necessary, especially as it is free to us! As a non-profit with $0 budget for this, I am grateful for this tool.

Karen from St. John & St. Charles Parish

A Walk with Jesse

Using this software was an extremely positive experience. I have nothing but praise for the software and the people who manage it. We found a small glitch in the confirmation before our registration opened and emailed tech support. We had an answer and resolution within 2 hours even though the tech request was sent at 5:30 pm! The tech support is amazing! Quick to respond, clear in their resolution and super polite. I would highly recommend this site to anyone!

Pros

This software was very easy to use, even for our complicated schedule of journeys per day. Confirmations and reminders went out without a glitch and our attendance was wonderful. We even used it to request food donations to feed our volunteers during the presentations. For a small church with no budget, the cost to use this software was a God send!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to say. This is a terrific resource! Using this site made managing the sign ups very easy and there was no need for me to keep track of confirmations and reminders. Even printing out the registrations was simple to do. This site is truly amazing!

Luis from The Rock Church

We utilize Sign Up for volunteers to schedule themselves for events.

Pros

Sign zip is great. The ability to publish a calendar and allow them to sign up for events that they are available for. You're able to create shifts and give them information in regards to the event. We love the abilities to automatically send out reminders to all those who sign up. Sign up truly makes it easy to schedule volunteers. Volunteer can also leave comments to ask questions. Overall Sign up is a great asset to any organization who utilizes volunteers.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of this software. It has truly streamlined our volunteer process and makes their experience easy and friendly. They have enjoyed the ability to plan ahead and feel honored in the process.

Lori from Wonderful News Radio, Inc

SignUp.com

We have been very pleased with signup.com and it has saved us time and money not having to utilize staff on the phone or using the mail.

Pros

We do two major fundraisers and a number of concert and other events during the year that we use volunteers for. We started using signup.com about 3 or 4 years ago and it has worked very well for our needs. It keeps our volunteer information in one place and is flexible enough for us to use for various types of events. The set up is easy and once your volunteer's information is in the system it is easy to send out invitations and confirmations for volunteering opportunites.

Cons

It had a small learning curve, but once you have set up an event and figured out the process it works easily.

Marilyn from Interbay P-Patch Community Garden

I use the SignUp software to organize volunteer activities at Interbay P-Patch in Seattle WA

Organization was easy, no pencil and paper required, easy to access and to retrieve, well organized events that ran smoothly and raised a lot of money or helped a lot of people.

Pros

Ease of use, free, clear graphics, allows use of pictures/photos, volunteers can access some parts of the program to be independent in signing up and making some changes, makes a permanent record of the event and who participated. Keeps things well organized and transparent.

Cons

Short but necessary learning. Curve. Several of our older volunteers who are not very technology savvy had difficulty accessing and using the software and kept needing reinforcement. Hard to share info with others unless using a more advanced (must pay for it) version.

Ellen from PS110M

This program has made scheduling Parent Teacher Conferences easy.

I spent less time setting up appointments. I have a record of the schedule.

Pros

This program is such a great time saver. As a teacher, I have so much grading and planning to do for my students and setting up the conferences used to take so much time away from these essentials. Now, I can schedule conferences without the back and forth communications that used to be the norm with the traditional paper scheduling. Now participants can switch spots without having to contact me. I really like the updates about who has signed up so I can email parents the link again when they have not yet set up their appointment for a conference. Therefore, this program has been a great convenience and I won't go back to paper schedules.

Cons

Each slot has to be individually set up rather than being able to put in a timeframe with a start and end time that self populates the time slots.

Deanna from All Souls Church - Community Resource Bank

SignUp.com simplified volunteer sign up for the food outreach activities of our church!

Much easier to invite new volunteers, ensured we had volunteers for activities and that we had them in the positions needed, simplified reporting to church leadership, enabled us to message volunteers about changes.

Pros

Once an activity is created it can be copied into any other dates needed. Our needs repeat monthly, so this was a great help! The system is easy to use because it doesn't require and account and one more password to memorize! The automatic notices and reminders were also appreciated by our organizers and volunteers. And church leadership valued the reports we could generate to track who was volunteering and how many volunteer hours had been donated.

Cons

The mobile version and the desktop version work very differently, so that caused some confusion with our volunteers until I realized the problem and provided instructions for both kinds of devices.

Amy from Natural Areas Association

Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect for event volunteer management

We host an annual conference that moves around the county, so we set up the event, the shifts, and job descriptions and gave local partners the SignUp link to send to their volunteers. It was so turnkey and easy for everyone to understand.

Pros

You can access a free version, which had all the functionality we needed. The automatic shift reminders, the ability to let volunteers schedule themselves and the comprehensive reporting made this an ideal solution for us. It's also super simple to set up and use.

Cons

Anything I didn't like or wanted to see was available in the paid upgrade, so I really can't complain when I was getting everything for free.

Gigi from Stratton Mountain Resort

This is great for the organizer and for the volunteers! So easy to use!

Pros

Ease of use, even for non tech-savvy folks. Once it's set up for the season you don't need to do anything else with it -- just let your volunteers go! You and they get reminders.

Cons

Only con is that calendar sometimes takes a long time to load. Otherwise, I have NO COMPLAINTS with this software.

Darlene from St. Clement Church

Made my event effortless!

My event was on December 28th. It was my 2nd annual Christmas Dinner for the Homeless. Last year anyone that wanted to volunteer to help out sent me an email. I had 174 volunteers! While that is wonderful that so many people wanted to help, it was a nightmare for me. Actually, it was the most difficult part of planning my event. I had to return everyone's email. Usually more than once. My Co-Chair and I had to assign a job for everyone so that we didn't have 174 people showing up without an assignment. It was a nightmare. Last year someone from our school/Church suggested that I use your software "signup.com" for our event next year. We use it at our school and everyone loves it. So this year, I decided what positions I needed and how many people and posted it. It worked perfectly! I only had to return a few emails this year and had just the amount of people I needed. 174 was WAY too many! On the day of the event, I printed out a report with names and assignments and I was all set! The only problem I encountered was that I added the day before the event for some help with making gift bags and cookies. I only had 1 person show up because I don't think that the other people noticed that it was the day before the event, not the same day. It's hard to tell that they are separate. Other than that, it worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for making this available for free! It's really helpful for people like me that are working on a small budget.

Amy from Lutheran Church of the Ascension

Sign Up helped us do away with those old sign up sheets!

Pros

Sign Up allows people to easily sign up for regular volunteer spots or special event spots. The set up is nice and easy to lay out the positions we have available. We can easily link it to our web and emails so people can click and they are there.

Cons

Some of our team administrators struggle with things like setting up events and such. This could be a little more user-friendly on the admin side.

Elisabeth from Halwell Mutual Insurance Company

Easy to use!

Pros

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love using SignUp.com. It’s easy to use, lets me coordinate with a lot of different people, and get spots filled quickly. Thanks a lot!

Cons

The only downside is that on the user side, people have complained that it's hard to tell who has signed up just by their initial. In our case, people like to sign up for events with their friends, so maybe adding an option for them to see someone's full name right away.

Response from SignUp.com

Replied May 2019

Thanks for being a leader in your workplace and for taking the time to review our product, Elizabeth! For future reference, full Participant names are shown on smartphone screens under each Spot when people sign up. For Participants signing up on larger-screen devices, clicking on the initials shows their full names. (Provided the Organizer has checked the option allowing Participants to see the names of who has signed up .)