• Pros

• "It is very simple to use and most of the features are easy to use."

• "I love the support from the team - the software is #1, very easy to use."

• "Easy to install and host (we chose on-prem, but can also be cloud), content maintenance is not complicated and can be done without IT skills. Workflow functionality is good as well."

• Cons

• "The system is many layers deep and sometimes is difficult to find where some settings are configured. On the flip side, the support team did help with this aspect when I contacted them to assist."

• "Interface could be more modern, could have more objects to build the apps. "

• "Very minimal cons. Small changes to the staff training module to allow for occurrences would be great. "

Browse IC Thrive Reviews

Bronwyn from Sunova Credit Union

Amazing support and great adaptability

Pros

I love that as a 'non-tech' person, I was able to rebrand our intranet with the help of our graphic designer (she has a great eye for what colours to use). I had to reference support blogs a few times, but there wasn't anything I didn't feel comfortable doing. I also really like the support that is available. They get back to you very fast and help work issues out. And honestly, most of my issues were that I wanted to something different, not that an issue with the software. We were able to successfully rebrand our intranet. I like the ability to create different applications and that you can be pretty creative if you put your mind to it. We created a "shout out" app and didn't need to do anything special. It was as simple as adding certain fields to an app and adjusting the layout. Once you start to use the software a bit more, you realize most of the applications are the same base.

Cons

Although the simplicity is great, when it comes to the theme design, there are some items connected together that I wish weren't for example, if you change a colour of a title it could also change the colour in the mega menu. My designer also wanted more ability to change icons around, without having to do that for coding. A little more ability to customize would be nice. The theme editor was also confusing at first and I had to some trial and error to figure out what items were affected. The other annoying thing is that if you want to move files from one app to another or into a new site, you have to download everything and re-upload. I found the multi-upload feature hard to use too, so I ended up adding most files one by one. Moving 200 + files that way is very time-consuming, although worth it in the end!

Tim from InTouch Vredit Union

Great Intranet Value

Very good experience from date of first working with IC 8+ years ago to the present time.

Pros

Company responsiveness to business needs and system's ability to meet our intranet requirements.

Cons

Needs a better way to test updates before applying to production environment.

Reasons for Choosing IC Thrive

IC completely met our needs for significantly smaller investment.

Dave from Kemptville District Hospital

Intranet Connections is a useful corporate communications tool.

Good communications tool. Electronic forms are nice!

Pros

As a corporation, we have been using Intranet Connections for a few years now. We do not use it to anywhere near its full potential but we have found it a useful communications tool.

Cons

It would be nice if the main page could scroll through the newest content highlights. The interface can be a bit clunky. For major updates it would be nice if there was a better installer. I find it a bit too manual.

Anita from Frankenmuth Credit Union

Frankenmuth CU Intranet-EARL

The support from Intranet Connections is top notch!

Pros

We are a financial institution with over 25 branches. EARL Intranet puts us all on the same page. We use our intranet to broadcast alerts, collaborate between departments, record workflows, share knowledge, test and provide feedback.

Cons

That you cannot load a word doc and update inside EARL.

Price.

Response from IC Thrive

Replied July 2020

Hi Anita, Thank you so much for the review! It has always been a pleasure working with you. We're happy to hear that your intranet EARL supports your credit unions! As for your word docs, it's how the browser handles those types of documents. We encourage our customers to only upload the final copies as PDFs to the intranet. This establishes a source of truth so that users only see the final version. In the policy manager, you can set reminders (review dates) to see if the document needs to be updated. I hope that helps! Warmly, IC Thrive

Trent from Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties

User Friendly & Easy Tools to Build an Intranet Site!

Having the support of Intranet Connections has been such a pleasure. Whenever a ticket is submitted, someone responds very quickly, at most by end of day. The team has been very supportive and even developed specific patches that fixed issues limited to our environment. Couldn't ask for better support :)

Pros

Utilizing widgets to bring important information to the front and center for users has been the best part of the IC software. It brings a modern homepage for our users to visit and makes it easy to view. A key feature in conjunction with this is the Stats feature, which shows us that our users are reading the new content rotated. Also, the mega menu has helped us a ton in getting users to the right link, easier.

Cons

It can vary between internet browsers how the site reacts. I know that this is not on the software, as browsers continuously update and break sites regularly. But it's hard to recommend Internet Explorer to everyone for a consistent Intranet experience, while IE is a terrible browser in general. I'd also like to request new widgets or tools that can really bring content to the front like a newspage. Something that can capture the user's attention and show new content has been released. Those type of tools can really help generate buzz and get more users involved.

Sheila from Homewood Health Inc.

Overall I find the Intranet Connections software to be an effective intranet platform.

Pros

I like how easy it is to train other users on the platform since they often associate the design with folders on their computer so learn it quickly (rather than, for example, a WordPress site which can sometimes seem intimidating to learn).

Cons

I often come across really simple design flaws in certain applications or tools that could be easily addressed. For example, when setting up an event in the Training & Events Calendar, you can't set a time zone. When someone exports the ICS file to their Outlook, it puts the event in their calendar without "translating it" to their time zone.. so if the meeting is at 3pm ET but the registrant is in the Pacific Time zone, it puts it in their calendar for 3pm PT. I've flag this and other small flaws with the support team - they just say they'll put it on the consideration list for their next sprint but I never hear anything again and, so far, my suggestions have not been implemented.

Patrick from RCWD

Industry: Utilities

IC Thrive Software

The software works very well and has stood up over the years. The support team has been helpful as well when needed. We have been using the product since 2008.

Pros

The IC Thrive Intranet application is a fully feature solution we use for our Intranet application. It is relatively simple to setup, maintain and use.

Reasons for Choosing IC Thrive

Purchased before my time with the company.

Response from IC Thrive

Replied October 2020

Hi Patrick, Thank you very much for your review! We are always happy when our customers like our product and our team. Our support team is always eager to help our customers, so please don't hesitate to contact them if you need any help.

Norbert from Santa Fe Community College

SFCC - Review

Pros

It is very simple to use and most of the features are easy to use.

Cons

The workflow feature has it's limitations. A proxy feature would be a nice addition. It is also not easy to include fields in the email notifications. Switching between the build and the email to get the field name and the email you want to include it. Creating forms requires training and is only suitable for a few of our end.

Response from IC Thrive

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the review! It's been a pleasure working with you I'm glad you find our software easy to use. As for the workflows I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request on your behalf. This can be a bit tricky if you're trying to customize the message with specific fields. We would recommend using the {formdata} option which includes all fields within the message. I hope that helps! Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Kevin from New England Law Boston

IC Thrive support has been very helpful

IC Thrive has been great at giving us the ability to have a consistent interface for students, staff, and faculty to interact with.

Pros

There are two pieces that have been great with IC Thrive. First is the responsiveness of the support team. Most of my requests have been answered within 24 hours and have the ticket resolved on the first reply. Second is the ease that non-technical people have to create and update content on the site.

Cons

The limitations of the software doesn't allow full customization. Permissions can be added to a page level, but sub-pages only inherit parent permissions. Also Forms can't natively be opened on a specific date/time.

Craig from St. Louis Community CU

Solid Intranet solution

Pros

Cons

I would have liked an option to pay for professional services to help get some apps up and running quick, but we were told that wasn't an option at the time. I didn't want to have IT staff learn and support another product- just the enduser (Marketing) to be able to manage content.

Aaron from Fort Vancouver Regional Library

Intranet Connections is an extremely flexible choice for building your intranet.

Overall, it's been a positive experience. For the most part, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. And if you're willing to put in the work, you can get a system that looks great and is flexible enough to do almost anything that you could ask for from an intranet solution. Coupled with the excellent support, it's a solid choice for an intranet solution.

Pros

The Intranet Connections platform provides myriad choices for building your organization's intranet. There are many, many tools at your disposal, and users are empowered to customize their pages to their hearts' content. The support has been excellent. Their support team is willing to go to great lengths to help you troubleshoot, set up testing environments, and walk you through upgrades. You will defintely get out of the software what you put into it. If you spend the time to learn its ins and outs, you can make it do almost anything.

Cons

The flexibility sometimes comes at the cost of simplicity. Getting up to speed can be a fair investment in time. As with any complicated piece of software, there are the occasional strange bugs. We've also found that it helps a lot to have some definite lines of ownership within your organization to keep things updated and consistent. If the project is completely bottom-up, many aspects of content maintenance can fall behind. That's true of any content management solution, though, so it's not a point against Intranet Connections so much as a good caveat to keep in mind when shopping for these types of solutions.

Andre from Plains Commerce Bank

Intranet Connections is a great company. This has given our employees peace of mind and saved time w

File management, saving time, better internal communications, and sharing of resources.

Pros

It's very user friendly, it has many features, the fun and creativity never stops. And of course, the customer service is awesome. What I love about the customer service is the fact that you can call them directly and expect to talk to a real person right away. Unlike other competitors, intranet connections values customers and the staff is always happy to help. It is so easy to create sites and pages. I love the fact that we are given the option to choose between static and dynamic pages. We love the layout of the intranet and the drag drop features.

Cons

There are a lot of businesses that do not prefer cloud, however, I wish that Intranet Connections had that choice as well. I guess this is due to the dangers of cloud computing such as advanced persistent threats, and insufficient due diligence. Data stored in the cloud can be lost for reasons other than malicious attacks, CSA says. An accidental deletion by the cloud service provider, or a physical catastrophe such as a fire or earthquake, can lead to the permanent loss of customer data unless the provider or cloud consumer takes adequate measures to back up data, following best practices in business continuity and disaster recovery

Cheryl from Peoples Trust Company

Once you learn your way around, the possibilities are easy and varied. I truly love using it.

This tool acts as an easy to use interface to our users to access information, collaboration, documentation, scheduling, etc. This is helpful especially for our non-computer folks who need to access all of this on a daily basis. The fact that individuals and departments can control their own content is also a huge benefit.

Pros

First, the Customer Support. They are AMAZING! The software itself allows not only the admin to set pages but various staff members/departments. This takes the work load off our IT dept and gives more control to the individual users/depts. IC is such an easy interface for users to access a multitude of information, programs, documentation, etc.

Cons

It is very minimal - there are times I would like a little more freedom within the templates or trying to copy/paste a widget to another page. I also miss having a broken link checker. These are more minor personal preferences and does not deter me from the product. Again, have I mentioned how GREAT the staff is?

Christine from Northern Savings Credit Union

We have been using Intranet Connections for 10 years and have been extremely pleased with the produ

Intranet Connections is a user friendly software solution for Intranets. The software provides many tools to keep staff informed, to house documents and much more.

Pros

We like the ease of use of Intranet Connections. We have kept the management of the Intranet to one person, but know that it could be managed by many people. By keeping it with one person, we keep a consistent voice on the Intranet. Postings are posted in a consistent manner so that staff can quickly look at the news feed and pick up on what is relevant to their positions. We have so many different options on how we post information. How we present information is endless.

Cons

Right now my biggest con is with the Photo Gallery and not being able to have pictures advertised as in the news feed right away. And if you go back into the picture on it is posted and edit it so that it can be advertise, it will show as Updated and not New.

Lee from Prince Evans Solicitors LLP

Straight forward software with lots of options to produce a good user friendly intranet

It meets our intranet business needs. Our staff use it on a daily basis.

Pros

It requires minimal training for users and admin staff alike. It's very reliable. It has an abundance of features which allows companies to set up the majority of things an intranet should include.

Cons

We would prefer the distinction between an intranet and extranet to be more clearly defined but still within one licence. For instance, we would prefer the home page for an extranet to be different to the one for the intranet. I would like to see an improvement to Documents asset.

Louise from Glengarry Memorial Hospital

Beats all competitors

Extremely satisfied. With exception of numbering functionality for policies and forms.

Pros

There are so many value adds to this software. Love how it is integrated with our active directory. And how supportive IC is with change requests!

Cons

Would like to have ability for policies and forms display numerically

Reasons for Choosing IC Thrive

It provided the best support, ease of use, Canadian based and price.

Josh from Abilene Teachers FCU

It is great intranet product that does everything we need it to do and more.

We get a great intranet that our employees love, and it is always up. It never has any problems that would cause it to go down.

Pros

As an administrator I like that the intranet software works and is not something that I am having to try and troubleshoot everyday.

Cons

There is nothing currently that we are not happy with, with Intranet Connections. We have been very pleased with them.

Kathe from Anderson Automotive Group

Implemented a intranet site that was very helpful.

Pros

It was easy to use and to set up. Users were able to learn the system easily. It allowed us to go somewhat paperless without having to spend a great deal of money.

Cons

It did not integrate with other software we were using. It did not have e-signature on it. The hierarchy in the system was clunky. When people changed positions it was a lot of manual work.

Incredible Product at an Incredible Value!!!

Ease of use, happy employees, and easy on my tight budget.

Pros

Cost, Ease of Use, Support is always great with real people who actually work there. The extensibility of the product is fantastic. Beats SharePoint and all others in all the categories a business would need. Don't let the cost fool you. It's a beautiful piece of software.

Carolyn from Enns Brothers

Source is simple to implement but powerful

Very positive.

Pros

Easy implementation, good mix of functions, design your own forms in a snap, rapid learning curve (no programming expertise required), intuitive for users, best support team, simple back end, good documentation.

Cons

Eventually might want some more page layout options. Current ones are fine so far.

Response from IC Thrive

Replied October 2020

Thank you very much for your review, Carolyn! We love having a close relationship with our customers and we for sure learn new things every time our team talks to you. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything from us.

Mário from GeoStar

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy to use and implement Corporate Intranet

Having a corporate intranet. Reduce the email communication

Pros

Easy to configure, easy to manage, easy to use and intuitive, great support team, lots of documentation and ideas to get the implementation right. Integration with AD.

Cons

Interface could be more modern, could have more objects to build the apps.

Amanda from Anderson Hospital

Intranet Experience Has Been Great

Pros

Easy to use and update, online forms have made our processes easier

Greg from City of Guelph

Good little product for the price

time savings

Pros

My favourite feature is the Impersonate option. As an admin it makes testing and troubleshooting significantly easier.

Cons

The permissions are clunky and confusing and could be improved. It would be nice to be able to customize some features, such as application feeds. Also, the accessibility of the product is severely lacking.

Tony from Hughes Federal Credit Union

Intranet Source

Pros

User friendly, easy to use, best support department.

Cons

Keep up with your own server with all the windows update and software update as well.

Response from IC Thrive

Replied October 2020

Thank you very much for your review, Tony. We are happy to hear that you are happy with our software and support. For the updates issue, have you thought about migrating to Private Cloud? Our team would take allt hose concerns out of your plate. Support can definitely help you that. Let us know if there is anything we can to make your experience even better.

Terri from Labrador-Grenfell Health

Love this product

Pros

I love the support from the team - the software is #1, very easy to use.

Cons

The inability to do more with the AD sync

The Intranet Connections platform is awesome!

Pros

We are able to customize the platform any way they like! One example includes the powerful workflows!

Cons

While we have it within our on-premises virtualized environment, it's not currently available in the Cloud.

Jeremy from Birch Communications

Great customer support and very easy to use.

Active Directory synchronization.

Pros

The system integration and the upgrade/patching process is very user friendly and is one of the most appealing parts to IntranetConnections. The support is top notch. Not only did they respond and follow up in a timely manner, they changed their schedule to ensure that we had support and stayed until our particular issue was resolved. I would like to thank one of the rep as he was extremely professional and knowledgeable.

Cons

I really haven't run into anything that I like the least so I don't feel that I can objectively state anything here.

Natasha from Smythe LLP

Smythe’s review

Pros

Easy to customize, price-friendly, local company

Cons

Seems complicated at the backend (have yet to explore though)