• Pros

• "I love the usability and easiness of use of this product. It is simple to learn and easy to maintain. Cuts out a lot of repititive tasks. "

• "ease of use. It does what I need for a small contractor as well as record keeping for draw processes. The download into excel capabilities is very useful as well as pdf to send to others. "

• "Overall, many Pros. Ability to organize data efficiently and separate items if/when needed. No complaints at all. "

• Cons

• "It would be nice if this software could be utilized as a crm as well. Unfortunately I have to use this and a crm simultaneously."

• "Not too many Cons to this SW. My team and I are happy with this product and we would use it again and again. "

• "We didn't care for anything. Training wasn't helpful, feedback was at a minimum and again we just stopped hearing from them, but they got paid!"

Browse Budgetrac Property Management Reviews

Mindy from Fuqua Development

Mixed Use Real estate developer

Customer service is a big plus. I like that it is specifically geared towards our business. Existing reports are comprehensive and usually will cover any needs, but you also have the ability to create custom reports.

Pros

Very good for loan draws which is important as a developer. Very easy to separate development budgets into multiple phases, or consolidate, as preferred by lender, partner, owners, etc. Most software marketed to real estate is intended for builders and is overly complicated. This programs gives us what we need and is a great bargain. The customer service is great and they are very quick to solve any issues or questions that come up.

Cons

Property management module is probably the least flushed out; however, after using if a couple of years, it is adequate for our use. We tend to not hold onto properties for a long time so the shortcomings do not hurt us. Could use better documentation on this module and custom reports, but overall it works well for our purposes.

Sara from The Furman Co.

Budgetrac Software for small to mid-size developer

Overall we are pleased with our transition to Budgetrac. The training and support provided by to us has been stellar and I cannot praise our trainer enough.

Pros

Budgetrac provided us the software to move away from spreadsheets for recording and tracking real estate development costs. We love how the entire general ledger accounting system, specifically accounts payable system, integrates with the loan draw system. Additionally, we utilize the commercial property management component since most of our completed development projects turn into managed entities. We like having all of these needs compartmentalized into one integrated software system.

Cons

A few of the screens do not have totals but we understand the developer is working on that for future roll out. It does not "do match" within a field like Quickbooks allows you too, which would be extremely helpful when required to split a cost among job codes, or other general ledger accounts like owner equity accounts.

Reasons for Choosing Budgetrac Property Management

Bugetrac was financially feasible for the size of company and the size of the portfolio we are managing. It is also the only product we found in our price point that contains both Developer module and the Property Management module in one package.

Kathy from KDF Communities LLC

CFO

The software does not require an IT genius to repair if there are issues. I can pretty much go into the system and fix records that are damaged or missing with out calling Budgetrac support. I like that.

Pros

Cons

the Financial statement setup is a bit cumbersome and became too much work to program. I dump the information into excel and modify it that way for presentation purposes.

Budgetrac review

Pros

Cost - based on other platforms BT is a value. Web based - we did not want to manage a server. allows for access while traveling. Import functionality - import invoices and journal entries which saves time and improves accuracy. Reports - decent quality and ok export functionality. Project Budgets - as a homebuilder, we setup a budget for each home, this results in > 200 budgets for some entities. the system does a reasonable job handling this

Cons

There seems to be too many glitches and bugs - at first I thought it was user error, but happens to frequently. User manuals are very basic - not meant to help experienced users. When doing Search / Edit, the user must reset the search criteria everytime - very cumbersome if we need to modify several items. Performance can be very slow at times. Reports have issues, for example there is a AP report we use a lot, but it shows voided checks as positive amounts - makes it challenging to understand what occured without exporting, filtering and sorting. Bank Rec report inserts blank pages what are unncessary. The P&L changes formats if you add the Account Numbers. Some reports use whole numbers (vs two decimals) which creates odd rounding errors. Reports have data limitations which can be cumbersome. Sometimes if you run the report, it will work the 3rd or 4th time. Other times you have to create date ranges and run the report multiple times and than merge your results - cumbersome and time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Budgetrac Property Management

cost mostly.

August 2015

Shelby from University of California, at Davis

August 2015

Budgetrac for the Construction professional

Pros

I found Budgetrac very user friendly. I utilized Budgetrac on a daily basis in my role as Purchasing Coordinator for a Custom Home builder.

Cons

There really isn't anything about Budgetrac that I didn't like. It worked great for what I needed it to do. I processed many subcontract agreements and with that there was a lot of budget related tasks that I used Budgetrac for.

Christian from The Building Edge Inc

Budgetrac Pros and Cons

We are thankful there is alot of help from the Budgetrac team and almost immediate turn overs when issues come up. ***Alot of information when changed gets an Error 547 when certain variables aren't present: Please change this error to include the reason why the error happens, most of the time a variable has to be switched and then the transaction can be changed/deleted,

Pros

There is a vast amount of commercial property management and project management aspects not featured in a basic accounting program. Budgetrac revolves around one point entry, which proves as an advantage in reporting from PM and GL perspectives.

Cons

As budgetrac is a single point entry system, alot of consideration has to be taken into account when inputting information: alot of the information is non-editable once entered and punishes errors in either a long reversing transaction process which results in poor reporting in

Caren from BLD Group

Budgetrac Review

Pros

This product is user friendly and so far most inclusive

Cons

I have not used it much yet. Still new to this.

aman from greenwave properties

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Property Management Change

I found this product to really be amazing. Prior to this, we ran our whole rental management and investment business off of excel worksheets. Sure this works, but when you expand you have nothing but headaches. The great part of this company is that it also has software for renovation/real estate development which makes it easier to work with one partner.

Brinomar from Supply Chain Management

Amazing software!!!

Pros

This software makes life easier since in just a click away I can have what I need. Presentation wise, no other software can be recommended.

Cons

I am amazed by this software that I can't recall anything that I dislike with this product. Maybe a edit button for the graphs.

Walter from Broach Company Real Estate

Fairly good product

It is easy to install.

Pros

It is easy to use. You just bring it up and all the information you need to use it is right there for you to follow.

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing. When you start to use it, it seems almost too easy but you have to be careful to fully understand what you are supposed to mdo.

MEHEDUL HASAN from Itskybd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Our Picks for the Best Property Management Software

So we interviewed property managers and landlords across the country on the tools they use and the tasks that keep them busy every day. We learned there are a handful of must-haves: the ability to easily collect rent, manage maintenance requests, and advertise to new tenants, as well as robust accounting, reporting, and document management. We found 15 that met our features requirements; from there we tested each one for ease of use and customer service.

Pros

From there our task was simple: Figure out what property management software had the right features, and then see which were the easiest to use.

Cons

We started with a pretty wide lens, looking at software tailored to residential and commercial properties; for managers of hundreds of units as well as part-time landlords. (We skipped over the niche software vacation rentals require software that can manage new tenants every week, for example and preferred SaaS systems to desktop-only options.)

Karen from Pettinaro Construction Co., Inc.

Budgetrac works well for tracking construction and maintenance costs.

Pros

Budgetrac is easy to work in, not a complicated system. If we did run into a problem with something we were able to call support and resolve our problem in a timely manner. There is also a payroll module, not all programs include payroll.

Cons

The only thing I wish the program could do is to pull a report with hours on a job for a specific time period. The system will pull hours but it is from the start of the job

Ann from Aston Properties

BudgeTrac Software Review

I have used BudgeTrac for about 10 years and it has allowed me to track all aspects of a construction project. The software is very detailed and has many capabilities. The accounting component easily exports into our Skyline software.

Pros

The level of detail the program allows for you to utilize. The multiple modules gives you many options for a project.

February 2016

Adam from Highland Development Ventures, LLC

February 2016

As of Jan 2016 the software is still in beta version -full of errors and NOT useable.

I've used Yardi, Argus, and host of complicated softwares. I mention this to let you know that this is not a user issue. Budgetrac is full of errors. For instance, a $363,000 payment with 10% retainage, it correctly shows retainage at $36,300, but instead of a payment of $326,700 Budgetrac made it for $294,000. In addition to math errors, phantom payments appear in expense reports, while some payments are dropped. Invoices often lockup and you can't delete or correct them before they are processed. Often invoices aren't "posted" which is required for the rest of the system to recognize them. Although they have a Customer Service number, they don't have any personnel - except for the implementation person, who is your only contact and you could wait over a week for him to respond. After 4 months of hearing promises of Budgetrac is correcting the system in the next upgrade, I finally asked for a refund - at which point they went quiet. I eventually had an attorney contact them at which point they offered a percent refund of my investment if I promised not to disclose all the problems I encountered. I didn't accept the offer.

Tanner from Ensorcell Investments

Budgetrac Review

Pros

There are lots of different options out there, but budgetrac is an excellent choice. Great for real estate developers and property managers.

Renee from Matan Companies

BudgeTrac is a joke. They lie. They steal. And now they're hiding.

Cons

Tried serving papers to them to sue to get our money back (that they agreed in writing they owed us) - but they've disappeared. Certified mail to the address still listed on their website is returned - left with no forwarding address. Tried several other addresses I found online, but those are returned as well. Emails are ignored. Phone calls get through to a machine, but messages are not answered. They promise refunds of prepaid license fees, but won't ever actually do it.

Cody from Sunset Management

Really good, and robust

Chris from Sothebys

Budget management all in one

Very easy to use and effective. Good product!

Pros

This allowed me to manage track and stick to my budget all while using one single platform. The budget planning and tracking was very easy to set up and use. It was also very simple to teach to others

cesar from Torres Acquisitions

Love it, and wouldn't trade it.

I love it, has all the features I need and could ever want, wouldn't trade it.

Pros

Keeps track of all my data and can print out reports.

Cons

Can think of any...

Kelly from Cranfill Development

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

AWFUL

This experience wasn't a great one, and I wouldn't recommend this software to other companies.

Pros

We were in the middle of training process with Budgetrac and sent an email with several questions and issues to review for our next session and we just stop hearing from them. We haven't used the system since. It was a waste of money and awful experience.

Stacy from CPU Services

Highly Recommend

Cost friendly. Love software. Support is great.Works well for our needs.

Pros

Saves time

Cons

None