• Pros

• "Great customer service and easy to use. Plus many services at a cost effective price. Very good reports"

• "I love the option and the way everything I need for my business blend perfectly! Everything I need is in this software"

• "I like that navigation is by way of drop down windows. This easy for me since it is like other software I use."

• Cons

• "The video training material is a bit dated, but still useful."

• "At times, we have to sort of figure out how to get the output we want. Some of the pages use terms that do not always seem intuitive, but this is really not a major issue."

• "The right click to get to menu items was tough without a mouse but now it is seamless."

Browse Rentec Direct Reviews

Dixie from Carlotti Consulting

Amazing Solution!

Overall Rentec increases the profitability of my company immensely. It allows me to automate and streamline many activities that both save time and improve accuracy. Their support team is very responsive and always happy to help walk me through any questions I may have on an entry I've made.

Pros

Rentec is very user-friendly. It's functionality is laid out well and it offers modern integrations such as online rent collection, pay owner by ACH, and electronic signatures for lease agreements. I also am impressed with their customer service. They are always very prompt and helpful.

Cons

I wish they offered a mobile app for property managers.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Carlotti! We love hearing from clients about how they enjoy their tools. I'll be sure to share your love with your Client Success team. :) Wishing you a successful & happy New Year!

Michael from Summit Property Management Systems

Come for the website capabilities, stay for the value

Pros

I switched to this software from another, $10/month cheaper software. Rentec's software is really easy to use. You don't need accounting or business knowledge to operate this software. It is really easy to use. I switched to Rentec so I could have my listings automatically populate on my website (tired of manually entering them on website by Wix). Tenants can also apply electronically from website, and log in to view their tenant or owners portal. The features for the tenants are quite nice, and make my company look professional and modern. The accounting features are great, and paying property owners is a breeze. I had little accounting knowledge when I migrated to this property, and everything makes sense. The auto syndication features are amazing, straight to Zillow and its affiliates overnight.

Cons

I have to be honest, I'm complaining about a free feature, but my least favorite part of the software is the website in which I migrated to Rentec for. If I try to edit my website and add items that are not on the template, my website has major HTML coding issues and will not publish properly. The visual appearance of my website thru Rentec is subpar considering what I had before. That said, I could not get the functionality I needed from my old website, and I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. I actually learned HTML coding so I could add a contact us field on my website, but I couldn't save the website with HTML coding. Another item I dislike, although it's more a feature I don't use as opposed to an issue with Rentec, is there are so many redundancies when it comes to the tenant. I plug in their email and name, and that should be all for my purposes. But I have to manually go in and authorize them to receive emails from me. And then authorize them access to the tenants portal. And authorize them to make partial payments, and so on.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied May 2019

Thank you, Michael, for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that the majority of your experience with Rentec has been so positive. We're happy you're with us! Adjusting source code on the free website template can throw things for a loop if one character is off, so we typically recommend only website designers adjust it. I would love to see what we can do to assist you with what you're hoping to accomplish on your template. Look for my email! :) If you do opt for a privately hosted website with more flexibility, we offer integration tools for your listings and portals. We look forward to working with you and please reach out if you need our help.

Scott from Durham Property Management

Rentec Review

Very Good

Pros

Basically most everything. Software is great and very comprehensive. The support is very good as well.

Cons

The only thing I have run into that has been an issue is that when I generate a report, then select to send that report via the email icon to an email address, I do not have any record showing I sent that to the address. No copy of that email anywhere in Rentec. I can check a box to copy the mail to myself when I send it, but when I get it, it does not show it sent to the other email address, just to me. Rentec support suggested I send the copy of the report out of my own mail account so I have the record. I can do that, but it is more time consuming. Not a big deal, but just wanted to give you the feedback.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied January 2020

Hey Scott! Thanks for your feedback! We sure appreciate knowing how your program is working well for you and what you'd like to see enhanced. I'll make sure our development team is in the loop. In the meantime, have you tried sending out a report to a vendor, tenant or Property Owner directly through their email folder? If you do, those emails are currently captured in the master log and the individual log. Reach out to us if you ever need help!

Brandon from AREM Property Management, Inc.

Not very user friendly software

I have recommended this software to someone, but that was before I found Buildium.

Pros

Colorful buttons lead you along. Lots of options to enter contact information, ie address, phone number and email. Nice to be able to email work orders directly to the vendors.

Cons

Really have to think about how to get back to where you were before and just getting around in general does not flow well.

Jason from Hartley Investments

July 2016

I love their customer support!

I've been a client of Rentec for almost 4 years and what stands out about them to me is their extremely helpful customer support. Special kudos to both Kathryn and Kevin who have helped me accomplish everything I need using their software. Whether I call or email, it seems like I get answers right away. Aside from the software being super easy to learn, I've really enjoyed all the features they've added over the years. It seems like every time I login there's something being improved.

Pros

The software is easy to learn for both me and my assistant. We were able to get up and running using the software in days, and that included bringing in all our data. The staff at Rentec was also tremendously helpful in getting it all imported.

Cons

The video training material is a bit dated, but still useful.

Courtney from THCD Management, Inc.

Awesome help

Pros

This software is very easy to use, and it offers all that I need to make managing our properties easy. The customer service and tech support is amazing. The support team has been very helpful several times in guiding me through some of the technical aspects of the software that have made things run more efficiently for our daily flow. I felt very capable of using this software after having the training provided over the phone.

Cons

There are a couple of things that I would like to see Rentec Direct offer in the future. However, I love how it has a suggestion area which lets me know that some improvements or upgrades are in the works or are being considered.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied April 2019

Thank you, Courtney! We are grateful for your business and happy to hear you're still feeling & sharing the Rentec love after being part of the family for over a year. Stand by for some great feature releases happening this year!

Timothy from Newnan Property Management Group Inc

Superb for new PM businesses and perfectly scales with growth

I researched SEVERAL PM software companies . . . Rentec Direct offers the most, across the board, for a REASONABLE price. RD was honored as the Stevie Award Winner in 2019 American Business Awards, https://www.rentecdirect.com/blog/2019-stevie-award/

Pros

Robust features at a reasonable price. For instance: - ACH transactions (for both tenants and owners!) included, or for minimal price for startups, in Rentec Direct subscription - Rapid-response customer support - Excellent webinar/blog content for onboarding and growth

Cons

The primary tenant screening option is only available for PM companies managing at least six properties. Rentec Direct does provide a tenant-initiated option for companies managing one to five properties.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the love, Timothy! We're so happy you're part of the Rentec family now and we look forward to helping you! Regarding Tenant Screening, all PRO & PM clients can get setup for pulling reports through their Rentec Direct account, but to do so, there is a requirement to have at least one signed rental application. For brand-new landlords and managers, all you have to do is wait until you have your first signed rental application. :)

Patti from Remax United

Rentec Direct Review

Love this software for small companies just starting out! So far I believe we selected the right software.

Pros

Ease of use and allows us to do every thing we need to manage our properties effectively from rent collection, maintenance, application validation, marketing, reporting and more! The customer service is excellent!

Reasons for Choosing Rentec Direct

We needed to do online apps and automated rent collection and this software had it all!

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied September 2019

We're happy you joined the Rentec Direct family, Patti, and that you're enjoying all your tools. Wishing you great success!

Summer from Jewell Properties

Great program that meets expectations

Working through Rentec Direct to meet our property management needs has been a wonderful experience.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service/knowledge base.

Cons

Needs a main email location to check emails that were sent to everyone - tenants and vendors.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied May 2019

We're so happy to hear you're having a great experience with us, Summer! Be sure to check out the Summary Page Quick Access Link in the lower left corner as it does contain a Mailbox showing all the outgoing emails and text messages to tenants, vendors and owners.

Don from Prairie Fire LLC

Great product

Pros

Ease of use. Pretty forgiving, I am use to using excel and this is my very first management software I have ever used. I tried using QB PRO, but it was way too cumbersome for me to try and massage into what I needed. My accountant did say I had the most organized and easy to follow spreadsheet they had seen in quite a while.

Cons

I wish it was a buy it and it was your program.

Mallory from Veterans Realty

Great value

Overall, this is a really great program. Cost is low, customer service is responsive, and there are a lot of capabilities. So far, it seems they continue to add new features and improve, which is a great sign for future growth. I would definitely recommend them, and I'm happy so far.

Pros

Easy to set up and pretty easy to use. Most likely, the confusion sometimes has more to do with my accounting abilities than the software itself. Customer service is very quick to respond, which is great, although not the friendliest. They seem to work to continue improving, which is important. They recently added a co-renter option for portal access, which is fantastic, and I'm so happy they added that. We have only had the service a month or two, but so far, we are pleased.

Cons

Like I said, customer service is responsive and quick, but not the friendliest, but they get the job done & that's most important. I feel like there are some functionalities that I feel would be pretty standard, yet Rentec doesn't have the feature. For instance, you have to do a work around for multiple property owners, but it doesn't really help much. Reporting functionality is lacking. There are a good bit of reports, but some that should be standard are not available. I also do not like the way ACH is reported, because you have to do a little digging to find out if payments went through or just trust it's working. However, technology, as we know, does not always work properly, and I hate to just leave it to chance. Although, this is probably more of an issue with Forte, who processes the payments, than Rentec. However, Rentec did partner with this company, so it's basically lumped in together.

Response from Janell

Replied February 2019

Thank you, Mallory - excellent feedback. And we're grateful you're still a Rentec client! Due to your and other client feedback, we're excited to say we've just improved how ACH funding is reflected daily in your bank account. This change should make it much easier to know exactly which transactions process. With processing reports, and automated ACH fail notifications, you shouldn't have to leave anything to chance. And please know we'll continue to work hard to refine & enhance your tools.

Molly from RE/MAX Boone Realty

Perfect for beginers

I would recommend this to anyone with less than 100 properties.

Pros

We used this product for a few years when our property management company was just starting to grow. It was great in the beginning because it got everything out of excel and quick books and onto a property-oriented platform. The reports were excellent. The program was extremely user-friendly.

Cons

We ended up changing to another program when we grew out of Rentec Direct. The program only allowed you to deposit ACH payments into one account and that was an issue for us.

Response from Janell

Replied December 2018

Thanks Molly for positive feedback! We listened to you and other clients and rolled out the option for multiple electronic rent collection accounts back in May of 2017. Current clients really love this option and the fact we don't charge you, property owners or your tenants for ACH transactions (echecks). More details can be found in the link below. Rentec has grown up over the last decade and we'd love the chance to woo you again. :) https://www.rentecdirect.com/blog/multiple-deposit-accounts/

Ellie from Miller Management Services

An outstanding management tool!

I was on RentPost previously. From that experience, I learned the hard way that while a website may make boasts of great software, if there is no Customer Support or strong Development group behind it, the user experience can be time-consuming and difficult. Converting to Rentec Direct allowed me to free up a lot of time that I formerly spent trying to fix issues caused by the software. I am so pleased with the quality of Rentec's Customer Support and Development teams.

Pros

1. Customer Support is excellent. There is great help on the Chat window and when that isn't available, phone support is great. 2. Easy to use. Once I got familiar with the system, it became a slam-dunk to manage monthly rent collection and on-time lease renewals. Training was great so I got up to speed quickly. 3. Tenants like it. Ease of use applies to tenants also. Rent reminders and late notices are clear and tenants have no problem working with the system. Rentec takes that burden off my desk. And tenants love the ACH and credit card options. 4. Software works as advertised. The Development team has built a solid product.

Cons

It would be nice to have a reporting tool that allowed me to create my own reports. Owner reporting is not very elegant as it is today.

Michelle from Ross Realtors

Simple and Easy

If it wasn't so much work and if payments from tenants processed quicker, I would switch back. I preferred the ease and simplicity of Rentec over AppFolio which I am using now.

Pros

Very user friendly No learning curve Reports are easy to read Information is formatted in a way that most would understand Price is great and this is good for those with only a couple rentals or if you have 100's

Cons

When I used this product, it didn't offer all the bells and whistles that others did like an app for your phone The ACH process was too slow when I used it and it could take too many days to get money and send money

Response from Janell

Replied December 2018

We appreciate you singing our praises, Michelle, and letting us know what was important to you. Back in 2017, we increased transaction processing speeds, rolled out mobile apps and a whole host of other slick features. We're always working to on new ways to to help our clients be more efficient. Wishing you great success!

Paul from Crotzer Investment Co Inc

Easy and Integrated Property Management

I mentioned a few specific items on my "wish list" and customer service was able to explain options to accomplish them on the first call. That saves a lot of frustration and wasted customization time. Small and limited staff companies will love the financial and management integration that saves time and money.

Pros

I had a list of items applicable to my specific circumstances, of course. I used this to compare software, so that I knew these would be accommodated, then on to the functionality. Like many of us, I didn't want a difficult system for my clerical help. At the same time, the integrated accounting and background/credit checks were good matches for our needs and money-saving, to boot.

Cons

The setup for properties and their perimeters takes some time, but all systems require it. The first, general setup did give us an opportunity to look at our policies and procedures overall, which is important to do, especially when switching to a new system.

Tracey from The Eufaula Agency

Great program! Needs some work but all in all a great program!

Some of the things that need work are: Docusign - it needs to be where we can assign signature fields for the tenant so they know where to sign. Reconciling - It needs to be a little less confusing when reconciling the ACH transactions. it would also be better if you could sort out the transactions by check number/ACH or by date. Scrolling - when you go into a tenants account to make changes the page scrolls back to the top when you come out. It needs to stay where you went into the tenants account so that if you are making multiple changes in an account you dont have to search for it again when you make the first change. Owner disbursements - It would be great if the program would automatically send an email to the owners when an owner disbursement is made.

Pros

It makes life a lot easier in the rental managing world. This program helps keep up with tenant payments and owner disbursements.

Response from Nathan

Replied March 2018

Hi Tracey, We appreciate your kind comments about the software and wanted to respond to a couple of the challenges you mentioned. With our Docusign integration you are able to add signature fields for tenants from the drop-down fields list in the upper right when editing a form, it is part of the core functionality. A good solution for the scrolling issue you mention is to use the date range selector in the upper-left of the ledger. Your date range will be saved between page views so you will return to exactly where you left off. For owner disbursements, an auto email is a great idea and we'll definitely add it to our feature recommendations list. Again, thank you for the feedback. We will have one of our client success reps reach out in the next couple hours to help with any of these items.

Eric from Kismet Holdings LLC

Blows our old platform away !

Overall positive, still needs a little tweaking.

Pros

Built in marketing tools (website). Right-priced screening tools. Accounting features.

Cons

1. Asking someone to "Apply now" (from just the pictures) is a bit intimidating for many prospective tenants. There should be button for "request more information, and maybe "for a faster response answer these questions". Basically looking to have them fill out a brief questionnaire before actually applying with social security numbers, kids names, etc. So for now I'm using the "apply now" button as a questionnaire, and still have tenants completing paper (full) applications (after viewing property). Would love to be able to do BOTH online. 2. It was not immediately clear that we needed to set a fee for credit cards. In our first month a bunch of tenants saw no fee for the credit card, so we got charged a bunch of fees we did not intend to pay! 3. In addition to rentals, we do some fix/flips and some fix to hold. It would be awesome if there was a way to track ONLY capital expenses for a property

Response from Janell

Replied April 2019

We appreciate your praise & feedback, Eric! And, good news! You can track those capital expenses for a property if you wish. It's as simple as adding the property, creating any special expense categories and posting those expenses. You'll be able to drill into one or more of these categories in your financial reports.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Rentec Direct is very user friendly and support is always available and excellent!

I would have and HAVE recommended RenTec Direct to other Property Management Companies.

Pros

RenTec Direct Software is extremely user-friendly and so easy to use. I am not very computer literate and I was able to teach myself the program. When I have a problem or question or something out of the ordinary comes up I just call support team and is there so helpful, friendly and personable. That definitely helps when your stressed and need help with your software!

Cons

There are a few things that I would change regarding some of the reports, however, they have been adding and changing things daily so I do not really have many cons.

Rachael from Blue Diamond Property Management LLC

We have outgrown Rentec

We have been using Rentec for over 5 years. We have over 600 units on Rentec, both multifamily and retail. We started out as a small company and now have about 30 employees. I was a huge, avid fan of this software when we were smaller, but the lack of controls as we have grown larger now outweigh the positives. There is a very limited amount of control for user access. Basically a user has access to everything or read only access. It is very difficult to control process and data integrity throughout a larger organization. If you are a smaller company starting out, this software is fantastic. If you have more than 5 or 6 people in your data, you can't control the data quality because everyone has access to everything. No way to lock anything down, or create user levels of access. I have been asking Rentec for this change for over 2 years. We are now shopping for different software.

Pros

Great functionality for smaller companies and number of rental units (4 or fewer employees) Easy to use to get the basics started

Cons

If you plan on growing past 5 employees, consider something else. Not enough controls for various employee access/restriction to appropriate data/pages. Customer service used to be great, has slowed considerably in the last 2 years. The company has gotten a lot larger, and thus don't listen as well as they used to. Make sure that the software meets your current (and future) needs. Don't expect major changes. Small rollouts of capabilities do continue to happen.

Darci from The Property Shop

Simple, Organized Layout

This site has been great for all of my needs, from keeping track of tenants, landlords, properties, and maintenance. Sometimes running reports is a little labor-intensive, as you can't print out monthly reports, etc. that we use for all properties at once, so it takes time to select each property and run reports individually. Overall though, this is user-friendly and great for our needs.

Pros

Easy to use, organized and simple design

Cons

Running some reports can be laborious since you can't run some categories for all properties at one time, as we need to do each month.

Response from Rentec Direct

Replied April 2017

Hi Darci, Thanks for the review and feedback! Your team at Rentec Direct is happy to hear about everything that is working well for you. We'd love to hear more about how the reporting features can be improved to make your life easier. Feel free to reach out to your Success Team at support@rentecdirect.com to share your experience and ideas. Cheers, Kaycee at Rentec Direct

Melodie from Assured investment Management

This company is amazing

I have used them for 9 years. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The software is easy to learn, use. The people are very nice. Very good for the money. They have thought of everything.

Cons

Online payment could be easier to use. The app for the phone should be for managers as well. Pay checks should be easier to do.

Response from Janell

Replied February 2019

Melodie! Thank you for the kudos and for being a faithful Rentec client for so many years. And good news! We're rolling out a manager app this year and you'll love it. We've also updated the online payment tools since you came on board and they are very user-friendly now. Cheers!

Gregory from Paris Texas Spanish Oaks, LLC

Rentech mostly behaves the way you would expect the software to behave and is functional.

Ease of use and I went through my first accounting review with the results

Pros

It was relatively easy to learn and behave the way you expected it to. It was easy to find the controls for changing what little you could change in the functionality. The reports are what you expect them to be, income/expense, income, expense. The rent-roll was reasonable. Everything is exportable. The bank accounts acted like bank accounts and were thus easy to understand. Entering the data didn't take an excessive number of steps

Cons

Going from one screen to another sometimes took an excessive amount of time. Some archiving of data locally to the users browser would probably enhance the user experience significantly. Use of an input worksheet for income and expenses would make these tasks much more effective and efficient.

Casey from G3 Properties

July 2016

Terrific software, outstanding customer service!

Pros

I had done an obscene amount of research on software options for my small landlord operation (18 units so far) since I was outgrowing the excel spreadsheets that had at one point kept me somewhat organized. Honestly, I thought my mind was made up on Buildium, but once I did an overview with Kathryn over the phone, I was hooked. I told her exactly what I wanted from the software and where my trouble spots were with my current "system", and she walked me through the very features that Rentec Direct would provide. I got a free 30 day trial to play around with the system and within a week, I had made my decision. I also looked at Simplifyem along with Buildium and Rentec won hands down for the features and the price. Since then, I have had a million questions, and all of them were answered within minutes either through email or over the phone (I am kind of a Luddite and need a lot of hand-holding...) Thank the heavens for Kathryn-- the most patient person in the world. The customer service is beyond phenomenal, people.

Cons

I wish that when filing out a work order, it could be an SMS notification, rather than just an email.

I Love Rentec Direct.

I am not a computer savvy person and I found Rentec to be super user friendly!

Pros

I like the customer service and how they can remote into my computer. I am a visual person and being able to be talked through what I need to do while doing it is extremely helpful!

Cons

There are a few things that could be changed with the software but they aren't major issues. Just things that would be more helpful to me while creating certain reports.

Anthony from A.D.Cantelmo Realty

Rep has been a great help

Rep has been over the top helpful I have call several times trying to set up a Merchant account and each time I talked to her, she has patiently walked me through it, even when I have been annoyingly slow to understand.

Pros

Cons

Not easy to call. Have to wait for call back, not always convenient. I would also like more freedom to be able to custmize reports

Sam from At Home Real Estate Property Management LLC

Full Service rental software A++++

Pros

I love how easy the product is to use and the support you get when you have a question. The software has helped our business grow so much and get our apartment listings in front of people we never would of normally see our local ads. It has great accounting functionality built into it that allows us to reconcile with our bank accounts in a very easy and effective way.

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time when we first started using it 5 years ago there were a few things but they have been updating and adding features all the time and now there are no missing features or problems that are unresolved.

Andrew from Applewood Property Management

Rentec Direct great value for the price and functionality

I am a small startup (still getting my systems in place and don't have any other owners yet) in Montana. I researched Rentec Direct, Buildium, Rent Manager and Appfolio. One of my main concerns was taking on a monthly financial commitment when so young as a company. When all was said and done, I really appreciated that RD was created by a property manager who saw a need for this niche in 2007. The sales rep admitted that their first client is an owner-operator, not a property manager, but said they have made quite a few improvements toward serving the professional PM as well. It has been relatively easy to learn. I also like that the software comes with a tenant and owner login. How these components perform is yet to be seen, but I suspect it will work well. I also like that I did not have to commit for one year (Rent Manager, Appfolio) and that the price point was very reasonable with no extra charges for this or that and a very easy-to-understand pricing equation.

Pros

Reasonable price for a small startup, easy to learn, good accounting piece, website is included, customer service is very responsive to inquiries.

Cons

On-line application limited to 5 custom fields, included website could use a bit more functionality, nothing more at this time.

Robert from Sellstate Centric Realty

Best Value and Easy To Use

Best value for the price and easy enough for the average person to get up and running.

Pros

I love the affordability of the software and the ease of use. I also like the ability to communicate and text the tenants through the portal and track them. Another great feature is the owner portal. Ny owner absolutely loves the easy access and variety of reports available as does her accountant.

Cons

Just a little difficult in the beginning setting up and getting the ACH approved for the payment of my owners. Another drawback was that the platform does not sync with my bank management account even though it says it can. I have to manually reconcile.

Response from Janell

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Robert! Related to your bank Sync issue - some banks actually require separate passwords for sync functionality, and some banks even charge a fee for that tool (Rentec does not). Possibly this is the issue? There is also another option for downloading your transactions from your bank that could speed things up for you. Click here for more information: https://support.rentecdirect.com/knowledgebase/articles/281736-bank-synchronization-download-bank-transactions

Al from Futrell Properties, LLC

Does the Job

We have a small property business with only 25 units, so we do not need a killer application. Rentec Direct has proven to be a nice fit in terms of functionality as well as financially. Entering data is very easy and the application provides several different ways to view the data so that analyses are quick and to the point.

Pros

The price is right, but so is the functionality. I am not sure how well this application would work for an operation that had several hundred units, but for our small business it seems to be good. It saves us a great deal of time and enables us to be more productive by allowing us to assess our expenses per property quickly and accurately.

June 2014

Tim from New Star Properties, L.L.C.

June 2014

Easy simplicity with sufficient power to get the job done.

Pros

Although I have managed my own real estate investment portfolio for years, I needed to upgrade and strengthen my record keeping and reporting capability as I launch a property management business next year. After reviewing a number of vendors, I selected Rentec initially. The drivers for my selection were the apparent completeness of the capability while being quite simple to scale. Now, six months into the use of the system, my choice has been validated. I might add that one time, early on, I had to contact their tech support for advisement. I was able to reach a real person who had a very simple solution to my question. I'll be staying with Rentec.

Cons

I have "corporate expenses" that really are spread among my properties. I didn't find a straightforward method of capturing these expenses. I created a "Corporate Expense" property to capture these shared expenses. I'm probably missing this capability that likely already exists, but I haven't seen it yet.

William from Hospitality

As a property owner/manager with multiple rentals, we simply could not manage without RentecDirect.

Our sincere thanks to the entire staff at RentecDirect. You've made our job of mananging properties so simple. It is clear that their support staff is worth the price of admission alone. When requests have been made, their staff takes them seriously and they constantly add requested features to their software when it makes sense and has an impact on everyone who uses it.

Pros

RentecDirect gives us a clear accounting of our properties and our tenants. With intuitive drill-down features, you can easily track and locate tenant's important information in seconds. You can also store important property information as well, such as door key codes. Besides giving you an accurate accounting of everything financial, RentecDirect has thought out every aspect of property management and delivers a package which simplifies the process and gives us a one-click report for our annual taxes.

Gus from BHPM

A boon for both my company AND my landlords. Takes some of the headaches out of a headache business.

Was fortuitous finding this program! Everyone (underscore that) is professional, courteous even friendly. Especially appreciate their executive, as she never makes me feel like a dope. Even when my question warrants it!

Pros

Clean, easy, efficient ... and forgiving. It is easy to set-up new owners, properties and tenants. And just as easy to process rents, invoices, etc.

Cons

Some of the suggestions in the knowledge base sound like good ideas. And what about a property manager portal, or app?

Krystal from Gateway Management LLC

Almost all inclusive

Quick attention when I needed assistance.

Pros

Cons

When linking the inspection app, z inspector, I found out that they are going to charge me monthly fees. I wish this function was part of your system.

Lisa Ann from Quinn Property Solutions, Inc.

Best Customer Service ever!!!! Great Product.

I shopped around for different software. We decided on this because it was affordable and seemed to be compatible for my size company. Their customer service is the best hands down. They are quick to respond and patient. They also implemented a new Chat service which is fantastic!

Pros

It streamlines so many things for me. There is a bit of a learning curve as with anything but you have their total support to get you through it. Whether it be email, phone, chat or their knowledge base.

Cons

Each state handles some things differently and so in some situations I have to manually do things and it can't be automatically set up.

Erica from Leasing & Etc

I love this software

Pros

Cons

I only hate that I cant delete multiple late fees at a time. You can only delete them one at a time.

Jan ice from Coldwell Banker Heritage Real Estate

A much welcomed relief!

This is a fabulous program. It has simplified our property management bookkeeping and reporting soo much and saved us so much time. Now, I only wish you had a General Real Estate Back Office product that would pull data from our MLS and push it up to our franchise! We are in need of a new product. Using Broker Wolf right now and it is horrible! The reports are miserable!

Pros

Simplicity, detailed, client friendly reports and the best customer support I have ever received from any provider.

Cons

Reserve accounts. These were quite difficult for us to get set up at first. We are in good shape now thanks to the customer rep who patiently worked us through the setup. I would like to see, however, a part of the program for reserves that would be automatic so that my staff would not have to make modifications to the reserve amount monthly. For example, I may need $ a year in a reserve account for landlord but I do not take that money up front, I take a little each month. As I understand, it the system is set up to keep that amount from the landlord and I would not be able to pay anything until that is met so my staff puts an amount into the reserve that we take out monthly and then must adjust that amount every month. I would like it to be an automatic adjustment so that there is a total goal but the system knows to take only a little each month.

Treva from Mason Investment Properties, LLC

Time Saver

I was doing everything manually before I did the trial for Rentec Direct. The simplicity was what made me fall in love with the software. I started out with 3 rentals and in three years I had 22. The reports that I ran for tax season was so helpful. I was able to file my own taxes. I would recommend this product for anyone that has two or twenty two houses.

Pros

How entries are posted to the journals immediately and I can run a new report on the spot. Nothing has to post overnight.

Cons

I don't like the format of the rent statements, I have to explain it to most of my tenants. I think that it should start off with the rent amount for the current month, then the late fee for the current month, then the past due rent as a whole not broken up. Then the balance due. When my low to mid income renters get behind, they pay on the past due balance for a few months and pay the current rent. The option to create how the statement will show would be nice.

Jared from Allstate Insurance

Rentec Direct

Pros

Rentec Direct is incredibly affordable compared to other property management software out there. They are very responsive when I need help with something. They are easy to work with and I've been working with Kathryn on an issue I'm having with accounting and she has spent extra time with me that she shouldn't have to. She is great and Rentec is lucky to have her.

Cons

The accounting is at times cumbersome to wade through the reports and find what I'm actually looking for.

Deb from Real Estate Investor

Awesome Inexpensive Product

Pros

After purchasing my second two unit, I decided I needed a program to keep track of everything and started searching online for something to use. Rentec Direct was free to use, so I tried it. It is an awesome program! I have too many units for the free program, however, I have no problem paying to use it as it is that good. What I like best is that Rentec Direct continues to make changes resulting in a better product.

Cons

My only suggestion is that under the payment type drop down window, direct deposit needs to be added.

Wendy from DW Properties

Great Software

Pros

Program is very easy to use. I used quickbooks for my rental property accounting and then a combination of paper, Word and Excel to keep track of everyone.With 50 units, I really needed something to keep better track of my tenants. It takes a while to get everything set up, but once you do everything works together seamlessly. I now only need to enter things once and not use multiple systems. The customer service is Amazing!! When I have questions they email me back within a couple of hours and have the answers I need. I haven't moved my website to Rentec yet, but I plan to soon.

Cons

Haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. The only thing I would change would be the deposit slips. I don't like that they don't print each check individually on them, just the total amount of deposit.

August 2016

C from private rental property

August 2016

Everything I needed

Pros

It was easy to set up, and it's easy to use. I can easily pick and choose how much or how little of the program elements I want to use. It has plenty of report and tracking options, and provided lots of room for growth.

Cons

Really don't have any complaints. I wanted a way to compare properties profitability to one another and it doesn't do that. But I don't know that any of the rental property software out there does.

Yohan from Sevenstreams Consulting & Property Management

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great product easy to use

Overall its a great product that definitely makes managing properties much easier.

Pros

The product has a lot of cool features such as allowing me to create a website through the software.

Cons

You cant pull a profit and loss statement from the software or a comprehensive accounting statement that I can give to my accountant

Brian from 5 Jakes LLC

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

I love using this software to manage our properties. Super intuitive and quite robust. They seem to be constantly adding features too! I especially like the tenant portal and automatic reminder notices. Credit card and ACH processing is very convenient for tenants which helps keeps things current. The customer support is fabulous. They are extremely knowledgeable and always quick to respond to questions. I especially love that the software is in the cloud, so support can look up our account in real time, and fix any issues.

Pros

Super easy to use. lots of tools to communicate directly with tenants. Reporting is great.

Cons

I wish there was easier mobile access. It's a little hard to use the messaging feature on a phone. It would be great if there was a way to add additional email addresses and mobile phone numbers so I could communicate with multiple tenants within the same unit.

Rentec Direct

We have been using Rentec Direct's software for over 2 years now. We are very happy with the program, specifically how easy it is to use. We find Rentec to be very user-friendly. However, when I do encounter a problem, I either email or call their support desk, they are on top of their game, especially Kathryn, I haven't come across a problem that she cannot solve!!

Pros

I would have to say I like that support has remote access to my system. It makes it so easy to explain an issue that I am having. Although they will not do it themselves, they have me solve the issue so that I can "learn" how do take care of it next time.

Cons

There are a few things that I would change in Rentec and have submitted my requests. It does take a while for them to be implemented, however, I'm sure they get many suggestions daily.

Palanivel from Stone Meadow Enterprises

September 2016

Rentec is perfect for owners / managers of properties.

Pros

Clean, easy to use product. Very good tech support. Keeps improving. Priced reasonably. Good features like ACH, screening reports. Automatic posting to rental sites like zillow, hotpads etc.

Cons

Managing marketing info for the unit rental is not very straight forward. Cant easily replicate info from one unit to another. Loading pictures and arranging them could get better.

Greg from Medina & Medina Management

Couldn't ask for a better solution for our business.

I'm consistently impressed with Rentec Direct's support and products. When we signed up it was to just do one tenant screen, but we found out they also have a complete software solution for managing our portfolio of properties. I used to use Quickbooks but after using Rentec's accounting tools for just a week I was sold because Rentec is so much easier. The other things that I really liked about this company is they tell it like it is. Their pricing is straight forward and they don't hide anything with hidden fees. Every time I contact their support, they are always friendly and very helpful too. I've called a few times now getting setup and I always get an English speaking rep who really knows their stuff.

Pros

Better support than I've ever experienced with any company, EVER! The software was really easy to learn. No term contracts, I like that.

Connie from Blu Ash Properties

Great software, and service!

I have greatly appreciated the checking in and assisting with all the additional account set up items. You guys are top notch with contact and follow up. Professionally I've worked with large software companies like Yardi and Onesite as well as smaller groups like manage America. Rentec was my choice after reviewing and working with others. It had what I wanted and needed in a scalable platform that can grow with my portfolio.

Pros

Online payments Online apps Syndication of marketing Resident/owner portal .

Cons

Wished for better website templates so I didn't have to use another service. Maybe add advanced website at additional flat fee. I ended up using zoho.

December 2015

Joyce from 1st Global Realty, LLC

December 2015

Rentec Direct Review Happy Happy

Pros

As a property manager for the last 7 years I have used several different systems. My company recently purchased RenTec Direct and I love it!! It's the most user friendly straight forward software I have used. Being experienced in property management procedures I was able to jump right in and understand the program with very little studying of tutorials or calls to support. They have practically thought of everything; every report you need to have, a toggle over so you can read the description of every function, all the information you need about your account on each screen you use to enable to complete the task without searching elsewhere. It quickly feels like an old friend.

Cons

So far I have not found anything I really dislike at all. They remove the quick start guide after 30 days, I could have used that a little longer and an easy way to search for the more complicated report information I need would also help.

January 2013

Scott from Arc en Ciel Property Services

January 2013

I have used the Rentech Direct Property Management system for six months now. With a small number of properties, my biggest concern was cost. This system met that criterion. Secondly, I wanted a system where my data was kept safely on a seperate computer than my laptop or desktop, and could be accessed from anywhere. Rentech met that. This product also had the additional feature of allowing tenants to book work orders and check their account status on-line in a secure manner. The third necessity was that the support side of the product be responsive and easily understood. I have been very pleased with their live help. Usually call, leave message and get contacted back all in the same day. Their on-line support could use some tweaking, however. There are several videos and written resolution on specific cases, and the training videos were helpful, but there are always issues that lie just a step or two beyond what is offered. A phone call resolves that. I am now at the end of year reporting stage and will need to go in and tweak some entries that wound up in wrong categories/accounts. I appreciate how much easier this has made my one man operation and look forward to finding even more efficiencies as I continue to use it.

Shannon from Precise Property Management Services

September 2016

Everything I need and things keep coming I didn't know I need.

Pros

I like that everything is right there. The price is very reasonable and this application includes all of the items the very expensive programs include. The customer support has been incredible these last six years and they keep adding things that really help.

Cons

Strictly operator error, I forget my log in from time to time. Seriously, I haven't found anything I'm unhappy with.