• Pros

• "Fairly easy to use. They have great customer support and always willing to walk you through issues. Overall it's fairly easy. "

• "The price is phenomenal. If you are an owner with a few properties, this is ideal."

• "I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company. "

• Cons

• "Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!"

• "I feel that the cost starts out really good however, they offer some other products for the higher tiers that are not available in the lower ones. "

• "Not all functions are obvious. I've had to call tech support a few times, but they were great at walking me through it."

Browse SimplifyEm Property Management Software Reviews

Karen from Jackson Investment

SimplifyEm met all my property management needs

As a vendor that offers free training and also support through the phone and via email, SimplifyEm support is very easy to contact. It has helped me get organized and automated right away to fit my specific needs.

Pros

SimplifyEm has been the answer for managing my residential rental properties. Because it is a web-based application via the Internet, I can access it from anywhere, anytime. As a property manager, I have automated tracking income and expenses on each of my properties, charging fees, handling tenant balances, collecting payments online, and communicating with tenants through tenant portals and notices. I no longer have to keep track of my information manually for each property and have saved time by automating statements, notices, and fees. I do not have to deal with piles of paper anymore, and I have eliminated spending time on repetitive activities. When a tenant sends a maintenance request, I track work orders and repairs via the calendar so I know when to buy equipment, schedule my maintenance personnel, and see the history for each tenant/apartment. The task center has all of my information as a single place to track all communication history with vendors, owners, and tenants. I attach supporting documents. I create invoices, track deadlines, store lease agreements, monitor insurance, and capture tenant details all in one place. When I need to, I send group emails/notices for site visits, maintenance alerts, rent reminders, and any other news that needs to be shared with all tenants.

Cons

SimplifyEms accounting module manages accounts payable and receivable and monitors any recurring charges along with a complete transaction history. I use QuickBooks for payroll and can easily export other transactions. I use the banking feature so I can print checks, access bank accounts, perform reconciliations, view bank balances. I had to adjust the margins.

Jennifer from Oil & Energy

SimplifyEm Simplified My Life

I am an accidental owner of rental property, and SimplifyEm has truly made it easy. The ability to easily track all of the information and being able to generate a tax report at the end of the year has taken the fear of failing a tax audit. It has reduced my paperwork significantly, and there are fewer errors as SimplifyEm keeps track of every aspect of the management of our property.

Pros

SimplifyEm allows property managers and landlords to keep track of a multitude of their responsibilities including work orders and repairs, rent/lease payments, lease documents, create invoices, track deadlines, and many more features. SimplifyEm also allowed me to send emails, rent reminders, rent receipts, and notices. SimplifyEms ease of use is one of its best features. The interface makes it intuitive to use to even those like me who arent experts in technology. The software seamlessly works with Excel and QuickBooks, so you can export to those programs easily if necessary.

Cons

Initially, when I started using the software, I had to call support couple of times. They were quick in answering my questions or responding to me on weekends. I wish they would add phone support over the weekend as some of us like to catch on some work on weekends. SimplifyEm has many features such as work orders that are not of value to a property owner like me. If there is a way to hide these features, it will make the application even more easy to use.

Alan from Computer Software

Easily manage properties with no hassle

The core benefit for me is the automation Instead of having to do the same things over and over again on a monthly basis, SimplifyEm helps me do the things that I had to manually do before.

Pros

The software minimize issues with the burdensome and time eating tedium of tracking income and expenses on every single one of my properties. One of the best things is being able to view the dashboard and be able to not just be a passive recipient of information but also being able to actively charges fees, keep up with the balances of tenants. I've found that communication with tenants is usually difficult when reaching out and keeping track of who did this, who needed extra time to pay, etc. With SE, I have been able to streamline a lot of it and minimize communication on my end and those who help me. Me and my team can pick up where the other has left off.

Cons

Another major concern I had was being able to adapt to the software, we've had experiences in the past where it took months to adjust and I was even more confused after trying to use something that is supposed to help me out and MINIMIZE my time spent on this. The experience with SimplifyEm was much better, no issues in how to use the platform, it was much more intuitive. I was able to pick up the app and run with it. I wish the company adds even more FAQs as I had to call support few times.

Patti from Remax United

SimplifyEm Review

I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Cons

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Replied December 2019

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Chantal from Rock Solid Property Management

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

I am on the fence about this software.

Pros

It is easy enough to use expect for the part of managing leases for Ontario, Canada. Easy set up of new properties, landlords and tenants.

Cons

You need to get a 1-800 number so I can call at any time but because I am a Canadian client, I am not able to call the U.S with my phone plan. Emails don't always get conveyed properly. Need to have a choice to the lease information whether you have a security deposit or last month's rent deposit. The latter is missing. This would make our process so much easier. Need to have an auditing trail with your software so mistakes can easily be found. I was once told that I had to pay for your bookkeeper to find an error I made...luckily I was able to find the problem and fix. If a mistake was entered, you should be able to reverse it...your system does not always allow this. Biggest con my clients and I have is that if a tenant is using last month's rent or is late paying their rent for a particular month, your owner statement should show their name at least, even if no $$ is present. This is a MUST and I hope you but this change in your next release.

Response from Jessica

Replied April 2017

Hi Chantal, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you found the software easy to setup and use. It looks like we could have done a better job meeting your needs as a Canadian user though. Security deposits are currently supported for U.S. situations. Last month rent deposit can be tracked, but it could be handled more smoothly for the Canadian market. Owner Statements show the financials on an owners properties and a Rent Roll can also be sent with an overview of paid and unpaid tenant balances. An audit log is something we would like to do in the future, but any transaction can be reversed if incorrect. I will ensure the support team follows up with more information. Users in both the U.S. and Canada are able to reach us at 1 510 790 9066 9-5 PST and speak a live person within a few rings. Emails are also responded to within a few hours in most cases. We have many Canadian users, but we also ensure to clarify we are geared towards the U.S. and will discuss limitations. Before purchasing, these limitations and your phone plan were discussed, and we offered to call when needed by simply emailing support. Over the past few months, a personal support member has promptly called within a few hours and has assisted with one-on-one setup for as much time as needed. We do our best to provide a support experience that is above and beyond what is typically offered and we appreciate your feedback on how we can further improve.

Stephen from Dilithium Consulting

Easy to use property management software

If you arent tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Pros

Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so youll never get confused especially if youre not tech savvy like myself. Its easy to set everything up and doesnt take long. Theres a bunch of reports and I love how theyre so easy to run. At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out rent receipts to all my tenants in bulk all at once just by a single button so Im not doing them one by one like how I used to. My tenants also send maintenance requests through their portals which is really convenient because I can just create a work order and assign it to a vendor right away. Customer Service is great! They walked me through on setting up online payments. They even offered to set them up for me at no extra cost. My tenants now pay on time and some dont need to login each month since theyre setup on automatic withdrawals. This really helps when paying my owners online as well.

Cons

None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

Great cloud Property Management Solution

Because I paid for a lifetime membership at the lower tier, I can say that it suits my business needs just fine. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great solution to their PM business.

Pros

What drew me to this software was the price to value ratio. I had been researching for some time how to get the best value for my money when using PM software for my PM business. I had been using other software in the past but they lacked the functions that this one offered. I have been using this software for more than 3 years now and have not looked back. It offers me to send owner's all kinds of reports, log expenses and income accurately and much more.

Cons

I would say that the price for the higher tiers need to come down. There are some functions that the lower tiers would need that should be included in those tiers.

Curtis from Marshall Real Estate Team

Simple yet Satisfying

Pros

This management software was better than I gave it credit for. It was the first software I used before switching to a more robust (read: costly) system. For the price, I think SimplifyEm is the best bang for your buck. While it doesn't seem intuitive at first, It's much easier to work with than some of its more complicated competitors.

Cons

It did not have a standalone app and relied on their mobile website to support my mobile needs. It got the job done, but it wasn't nearly as seamless as it could have been. SimplifyEm also doesn't offer some of the training that other software options offer.

Mary from Lotus Lane Apartments

Good for basic PM software

Pros

Cons

They just have basic reporting. If you want to really analyze your property this is not the software for you.You can get a Rentroll and Tenant Late Report but that's about it. They don't have a vacant listing or make ready status or occupancy percentage. I believe if they can develop better reports - this program would be awesome. Don't get me wrong it is a great simple program. That is why it's called SimplfyEm.

Ronda from Covenant DFW Rent Houses, LLC

Very unuser friendly

Pros

Reports once we have entered the same redundant thing in many areas of the software. Once you have done all of this it is great to have the individual reports to see how your business is running!

Cons

Not an easy software to get around in. Very redundant. You have to enter the same thing in several places in order for your reports to be correct. Customer support is not good. Very difficult to get a live person that actually understands your issue and in helping to adequately resolve that issue. You wait and wait and wait on a return call. The fees they charge for online rent payments is ridiculously high for the price of the software we already pay for. Their turn around for releasing payment to us is ridiculous. We need quick access to our rent payments in order to pay our owners in a timely manner.

June 2016

Tiana from Welcome Home Rentals

June 2016

You get what you pay for

Pros

Cons

No customization, very limited reporting, doesn't have bank reconciliation reports, extremely limited GL codes. Also, they will tell you their software supports functions, then try to walk you through a "work-around" to get it to do what you want. Not sufficient. If you get audited by the state (very common in WA), good luck with this software!! It's too simplified, limited functionality and not intuitive in the least. Once you get in and start using it, you can figure it out, but it just never feels smooth. Also, some things are too easy to enter, and therefore, too easy to mess up. Dog walked on my keyboard one day....... To say the accounting is robust, I think that's a misunderstanding of the definition of that word.

Response from Jessica

Replied June 2016

Hi Tiana, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our pricing and our excellent support team, but it looks like we fell short on meeting your expectations. It appears there was a request to add a large amount of HOA units to your existing account (a one year old account with residential properties). We discussed that HOAs are something we are looking to better handle in the future, but do not optimize for. Based on our great pricing it was decided to try a test run with a few properties. After some one-on-one support and a custom setup by our team (at no additional cost) there was some additional functionality you were looking for and we promptly refunded the full upgrade cost. The subscription for your residential properties from before the upgrade we were not able to refund. Many of the features and reports mentioned are available, including banking and audit reports. Support is easily accessible at 1 510 790 9066 for one-on-one help or to answer questions about the software and how to best use it. Our team also has monthly releases with features/reports requested by users. We are sad we were unable to meet your needs at this time and wish you the best in the future.

Wendy from Graphic Designer

A Huge Time Saver!

This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Pros

As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

Rich from Greenwood Properties

Really, simply fantastic

Need to write a check to a vendor? Click. Need to enter a check from a tenant Click. Need to generate a report combining rent, repairs and other factors so you can know where your profit and loss is? Click. Really its a fantastic software works for landlords like me.

Pros

SimplifyEm is really, simply fantasticfor landlords like me, mostly because SimplifyEm makes the mundane automatic, and the difficult simple. There are many factors, every day, that I have to deal with, and SimplifyEm combines the all. Everything is connected. The system alerts you to a whole host of things, so you can see at a glance what tenants have paid, which are currently late for rent, which repair tasks are open, and various other factors.

Cons

The software enables export to QuickBooks and transactions to a spreadsheet. In future, I hope it enables export of all reports to spreadsheets

April 2015

Laura from By The Bay Property Rentals

April 2015

I love this software. It keeps me organized and is so user friendly!

Pros

SimplifyEm knows just what I need to organize my rental business . I don't use all it's features, but it is nice to have everything at your finger tips. I get what I need and much more from SimplifyEm.

Cons

There is "nothing" I don't like! The technical support team is fantastic to work with. I don't need support often but if I do need help, they are quick to answer the phone or quick to call me back! The support staff are very professional and polite. The program is very easy to use.

March 2016

Dena from Century 21 Excellence

March 2016

Making Life Easy!

Pros

It relieves me of the stress of the accounting work. Math is not my strong point! I did all my trust accounting by hand for over 20 years. I tried other property management software and found myself confused and overwhelmed. Simplifyem is easy to understand and use. If I get stuck, I call customer support and they walk me through it. Representatives are always polite, friendly and professional. Now, I can focus on taking care of my clients' needs better.

Cons

It would be nice if owners could request statements and invoices on their own without my having to publish each individually.

Ron from Lee Family Trust

For the non-bookkeeper types

My bookkeeper has everything in Quickbooks, but I have no idea how to get a meaningful report. This program makes it easy to see how each and every property performs.

Pros

Ease of use. I am a visual type person. Tracks everything and gives me relevant reports. Let's me see which properties are the better performers and helps me fine tune the others.

Jeniel from JMS Property Management

Makes management a whole lot easier!

I love using the software since it keeps on top of all my properties and any pending items I need to do or charge!

Pros

Its simple to use, ready when I need, great features and works in all of my daily management tasks. Ive become more organized with billing and have more time attending my clients one on one. Its all in all made my small business & life much easier. Thanks so much!

GREGORY from Real Estate

Can be used anywhere

On top of everything SimplifyEm is a web-based software and can be used from anywhere with access to Wi-Fi. I recommend the software to property managers and any owner of a rental property.

Pros

SimplifyEm makes tracking rent and payments simple. It has made it easy for me to collect rents online and monitor all my property expenses in one place. I can store lease agreements so I can access them easily in the application. I use it to send email to my tenant, provide them with any notices. I like rent reminders and ability to track maintenance requests.

Cons

I wish I could use the application offline. Some of the forms like lease agreements, notices to quit, notice to pay can be accessed offline but I cannot do data entry offline.

August 2016

Mickie from Mickie C and Company Realty

August 2016

Easy Peasy

Pros

It is so easy to do and if you mess it up, help will always walk you through it or fix it for you. Love these guys.

Cons

There is nothing I found that I don't like at the point. Some things you have to read a little more than others to understand but still easy enough to understand.

March 2015

Maureen from Freelance Production

March 2015

Simply easy!

Pros

The product is easy to use and tracks all relevant earnings and expenses. My tax accountant is a happy man, because I show up with everything he needs in a tidy little report.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the product. It's user-friendly, the support is great and the reports are not fancy, but they provide all the information you need.

Gary from JDJ Manaagement LLC

Used for the last 8 Months

Pros

The telephone response to questions about use of the product is excellent.

Cons

There are a few glitches in the software such as the inability to split expenses over more than one property without having to make the division allocation and then pull up each property and make the entry. I have asked why they will not modify the program which is basically from an old Quicken Property Management program but they have told me there is not a great demand for this. I wonder if the users even know of the possibility???

Amy from Messiah Properties

Great Advice, great software

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a clear presentation. Seeing lots of units at a glance is easy.

Cons

When putting in the details of the payment in the notes section, something happens with the formatting. like instead of symbols (Which I use when putting in dates) it changes them to "n" and other weird things. I have had to modify the way I input information. Also, when people are behind, if you input the actual date that they pay, it goes to the month that payment was received (ie: if someone pays me August 8th for July rent, if I use date of payment, it will only apply to August. So I have to use the notes section to say when the payment inputted)

August 2014

Anthony from Zablocki Properties

August 2014

Managing rental income and expenses couldn't be easier

Pros

Easy to use worksheets make tracking income and expenses easy. The cash flow and tax reports are awesome! The ability to set up recurring expense items and income items is great. I also love being able to enter detail for each expense so that I know exactly what it was for. The icing on the cake is the online rent payment. That has automated my entire process!

Cons

Nothing. I am completely happy with the software. The system is great!

July 2015

Susan from Connie Dorough Properties

July 2015

I have used Simplifyem for five years as a property manager.

Pros

It is easy to keep records and send out owner reports for our properties.

Cons

There is not a way to email the 1099 reports in February even though the email addresses are in the program by house. Most of our owners move through the year since they are military and many 1099's are returned in the mail.

Chad from Friends Apartments LLC

No tech support

I have made 5 phone calls and have been told there are 2 escalated repair tickets in the month that this has been happening. Tech support tells me that someone will contact me when they have a solution. 1 month and no solution. This and the massive price increase for next year has made me decide to switch software providers for 2020.

Pros

I thought the software was easy to learn and entering data was easy.

Cons

I have had a software problem for over a month. I can't move tenants in or out and can't edit leases without my browser locking up. I have to close the browser and log in again. The problem doesn't go away when I log back in. I have resorted to using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of leases and dates because the software I am paying for doesn't work.

Reasons for Choosing SimplifyEm Property Management Software

Cheaper price.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Replied December 2019

Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. This is our first price increase in 5 years and we are still the most cost effective in the industry. Our price cannot be beat as we start at $10/month for managing up to 10 units. It looks like the issue was misunderstood initially. We are happy to have resolved it. We've noted your feedback and passed it along. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Kim from English Enterprises, LLC

September 2016

Software advice lead us to purchase SimplifyEm for our business

Pros

We have not started using SimplifyEm yet. Will start setting it up in November 2016 to launch January 2017. We have signed up for a 3 year commitment. My overview is on the software advice we got. They recommended three companies that they thought would work for our business. I did not have to go through the hassle of calling and searching a dozen companies. I contacted the three companies that they recommended. Took a look at what they had to offer and the price it was going to cost per year. I decided that SimplifyEm would work the best for our business. They made searching for a software company much less taxing.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. They were very prompt in helping me select a software. They called back to see if I had any questions or if I needed more help in selecting a different software.

April 2016

Karen from The Property Steward, LLC

April 2016

Easy, simple to use system

Pros

Easy to use and generate variety of report options make it easy to clients and tenants informed. The monthly cash flow report is helpful.

Cons

Would like a smartphone app for quick entry to handle maintenance request.

January 2016

Jeff from Seminole Realty, Inc.

January 2016

A very pleased customer of SimplifyEm

Pros

Software is comprehensive and easy to use. I've never experienced such great vendor support. Can't say enough good things about the support. Not only do they know the software inside and out but they seem to know the property management industry and thus have provided several good tips on setting up the worksheets etc.

Cons

I will need to reach to find something I dislike. Perhaps a more robust report generator so I can do a bit more customized reporting.

Stephen from Stars and Stripes Shopping Center

Great product!

Pros

I highly recommend helps us keep try of all rents and Tenants and even lets up set up online billing!

Cons

I do wish it integrated with our accounting software but I am happy with what it does do and will continue using it.

June 2015

Pamela from Market America Property Management, Inc.

June 2015

I have used this software for three years & have been very satisfied

Pros

Ease of use and consistently good customer service

Cons

I do sometimes have problems logging in to my account as I use multiple computers. It would be nice to be able to log in to multiple stations at the same time.

Jennifer from RHP

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Customer service is the worst!!

I call and get hung up on. I call back because renters are complaining they are no longer taking payments on the 1st but now the 3rd without asking the account representative to approve this change. Second, renters today show they underpaid the rent to but were all paid up yesterday. I checked as rents are due. All customer service says is, "What did I do wrong, I need to fix this." As tried to explain was I didn't do anything but log on from yesterday and now I have to go in and fix it. What I should have heard was - let me see what happened... What I wanted to know was -did an update happen? By the way, in the background of the phone call before I hung up was the phone ringing and ringing and lots of voices so something happened.

Pros

Options for keeping track of expenditures and online payments. The feasibility for the renters to make payments and for me to keep track.

Cons

Customer Service!! Customer service will take no responsibility. This is the second time I have logged on and balances have changed. Don't trust this

STEVE from RE/MAX Associates

So far loving it and the customer support is just as good if not better than the reviews stated.

I highly recommend this company and their program.

Pros

A full suite of leasing and management and cloud-based! Also, a system that should be a good fit for any size person or company and with room to expand! The integration of the Trans Union credit/criminal history site is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Nothing so far, just the learning curve with a new system. I've gone from a Quicken, stand-alone program to this fine product and it'll just take a little while to get used to all the bells and whistles.

Frances from Real Estate

Property management made easy

Software advice guided me to three good companies. For the size of our business SimplifyEm seemed the best fit. And their emails were very helpful and non- aggressive.

Pros

It is user-friendly and the cost seems reasonable. Tutorials are available as needed and customer support is always available. Information is easy to enter and to edit, if necessary.

Cons

I may be wrong but it doesn't download into Quicken. We are just getting started with this software so there aren't any defects, if any, that can be mentioned here.

MICHAEL from A&M FrontRange Rentals

Great product for my smaller Property Management Business

This is the third Property Management Software system I have used. It is by far the easiest to use, and does everything I need. I would recommend for anyone with properties up to 100 units. If you are a smaller company this is by far the best product!

Pros

Ease of use Great Support Offers everything I need to work with my Tenants, and Owners Fantastic Value

Cons

I have been using this product for about 3 months. So far I do not have any negatives. Suggestion for future upgrades. Allow more detailed Tenant Information to be entered.

Alejandra from NSB Associates

A little more than Okay!

Pros

This software becomes easier to use as you gain familiarity with it so it is important for you to actually get hands on with the software. It does help keep everything organized and their customer service is great, they'll walk through whatever problem you are having.

Cons

SimplifyEm would benefit from better training, I'd rather have information available or a video that I can watch instead of having to call. Improve that and it'll be even better.

Elizabeth from LC Capital Investments

If you want to wait forever for your money, this is the program for you!

The reason I looked into property managment software was to allow tenants to easily pay rent online and avoid the headache of manual deposits. Unfortunately, this created a whole different and worse problem. Money was not available in the account for 7-10 days. ACH payments really shouldn't take that long to clear!

Pros

Some of the features ae convenient. Customer service team was helpful and polite. Setup was easy and fast.

Cons

Deposits through ACH took 7-10 days to clear. Even with weekends, this length of time is unworkable for most owners.

Response from Jessica

Replied June 2017

Hi Elizabeth, we are happy to hear you found the setup was easy and our support team was helpful! It seems like the online payment process was not clear, so I'm happy to clarify! Although it has never taken 7 or more business days to clear, online payments do take 2 business days to clear, not including weekends or bank holidays, such as Christmas. We are looking forward to the upcoming federal changes to payment processing that will be reducing the clearing period to 1 business day and will be including this as part of our system as it becomes available. Online payments can take more time to process than driving to a bank and depositing rent payments. However, most property managers value online payments for the amount of time saved each month compared to handling paper checks, manually depositing and manually bookkeeping each payment. Online payments also provide an easy way for tenants to automate and send payments, creating a more professional experience. Online Payments are one of our most popular features, which will continue to be enhanced based on feedback like yours!

Ashleigh from Urban Genesis

Pretty good.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use after playing with it a couple of times. Everything looks organized.

Cons

When first setting up tenants, there is an area to enter the flat late fee and daily fees after but I'm not sure if they actually work because the rep that walked me through how to use it he manually put in the late fees. I wouldn't like having to do that with each tenant. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding on my part. I will find out soon.

James from James and Jason Morasch Rentals

July 2016

3 months managing my own property and SimplifyEM made it easy!

Pros

Learning curve was short. Even better, on-line help was useful in setting up the properties. I had several long-term tenants in the properties and on-line help was able to walk me through how do properly document the prior lease agreements and deposit amounts and times without causing accounting errors. I have accessed owner reports already and they are well laid out and comprehensive. Great work. Far beyond expectations!

Cons

The kind of silly name "SimplifyEM" does not reflect the fact that this is a very professional and complete package.

Susan from Real Estate

Excellent Property Management System

This is a very good software program and I looked at several options. I'm pleased with my choice. I've called the Customer Service so much, they know me by name!! Always very helpful.

Pros

Detailed Reports for Owners, Supports Online Banking Services for Owners and Tenants, Excellent Customer Support

Cons

I had difficulty learning the flow process and getting properties loaded in the beginning, but Simplifyem had a training call with me and that helped considerably.

Sherry from STAT Management

Happy wih the simplicity of the product use.

I felt it was pretty to use with quit a bit of options for the one performing the use on the software.

Pros

A great deal for your money

Maria from 1108-1110 Cross Ave. LLC

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Best product for your money

After working in the property management industry and dealing with software like Appfolio, I know the impact of a good software in the day to day operation in my new job as an investor of 8 apartment rentals.

Pros

Online rent payments Tenant and vendor reports, income and expense reports, rent roll, etc

Cons

Parking fee and any other fees have to be compiled in one rent payment. Does not allow to break it up.

Annie from Peak Investment Properties

APTLY NAMED- I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE

Simplifyem is aptly named as it is easy to use and does all you need for managing property. I tried several other software systems before settling on this one. It is fast, simple and logical. And the support is incredible. If you are looking for a software program for managing properties, this one is the best and very fairly priced.

Pros

Ease of use; terrific support.

Robert from Taylor & Taylor Ptoperties

Much less than expected

You don't learn the truth about the product until you start using it. May not get you some of your money until the 7th of the month if using online banking even though rent is due on 1st. Program does not inform you of a service request placed on Portal by tenant. You are not emailed about the service request. Inconveniently you must go online and search for service request. This defeats the purpose of convenience.

Pros

Online program

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Replied December 2016

Notifications have always been sent immediately via email for service requests. These requests can be edited or updated by logging into the account. Online payments always take 2 business days to clear before being deposited. Online payments are incredibly popular due to the convenience for both the tenant and the property manager. They will also automatically make an entry in the software when a payment is made letting you know the deposit date. We pride ourselves on the excellent support we provide, so if you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact support at 510 790 9066 9-5pm PST or support@simplifyem.com.

Zoraya from Elite Realty Agency, LLC

Great Pricing for small property management!

It's a great system for small companies or owners. Pricing is not bad for a few dollars you can get all that you need to keep track of everything.

Pros

Pricing and customer service. They even schedule a training for you where they teach you step by step.

Cons

Might be a bit tricky to set up with a few too many steps. You have to go to several places to complete the info for 1 rental.

February 2015

Al from Jurado Real Estate Sales and Management

February 2015

Simply amazing!

Pros

The software is easy to understand and use. It seems like a Property Manager has designed it to make our work more simply (thus, SimplifyEM). The vendor is always ready to help and answer questions with patients and knowledge. They are a world of knowledge.

Cons

Information gathering could be more detailed. Landlord, tenant, managers all accessible, and name/title of unit could coincide with the owner of the property rather than unit # or company name.

Grace from Stratos Enterprises

Review of SimplifyEm Program - Recent purchase

Pros

I am new to the product but so far it appears to be of great value. So far the product seems to be exactly what we need, we are a small operation but need major organization and record keeping and this product seems to be exactly what we need. I inputted data this weekend and it really was quite simple - even I was able to do it - all on my own.

Cons

The go back option is a little tricky. I needed to go back to the previous screen and I had to finagle my way around it. It probably is operator issue - I just have to learn the program

Robert from Bob Porsavage Sales, Inc

Simpliflyem software

Pricing is fair but should include whatever you need with no charge.

Pros

Once you start using the software it gets easier to use. If you need help a rep is readily available and is knowledgeable

Cons

More options cost more should be included for. Up to 10 units. Tenant area should have more detail available, Maybe some suggestions given on entries.

Kathy from KMF Properties Llc

Good For The Budget Minded

The software getting stuck. I swear it used to change my numbers on balance sheet. I don't like that after mis take on balance sheet, I can erase it.

Pros

Easy to use, only because I've been a user for about 7 yrs? I like the detail description feature. So owners know.

Cons

Software Always gets stuck when I send my reports and I have to get out and come back in. Dinosaur keeps sending.....

johnny from stoneshire investments

Awsome

In the beginning I had lots, of questions from customer support, not one time did the CS person roll their eyes or exhale when i was asking questions.

Pros

ease of updating information, customer support is unbelievable and all support i have talked to speaks English and they can understand me and i can understand them. Thats a WOW

Mary Anne from Carney Tempe LLC

Easy To Use

Pros

Inexpensive Great Customer Support Easy for Tenants to Use Easy Access The site is organized. Nice integration to online rent payments.

Cons

I wish more notices could be automated. Extra added fees I wish the site could send bills and integrate with banking accounts