• Pros

• "flexible and customizable, integration with sales process beginning to take off, support is excellent"

• "The interface to distribution is good, real time on hand, pricing works great. Administration capability is strong"

• "Tool makes really good looking quotes quickly. Customer sign off feature is really handy and importing directly into our PSA tool speeds things up."

• Cons

• "You wouldn't think so just by glancing at it but the learning curve is steep and it really puts off a lot of our employees at first when they initially gain access to the program."

• "I could never get a Dell quote to import. It might be a training issue, but it would save a lot more time if this feature worked better. "

• "It's hard to customize templates and support isn't super helpful. They are definitely interested in selling you time to customize it though. "

Browse ConnectWise Sell Reviews

Morgan from i.t.NOW

Sell

I have been using Sell for almost 3 years

Pros

It is web-based so you can use it wherever you are at. The design is intuitive and easy to learn, yet complex enough to do very customizable things. It integrates with leasing providers (e.g. Great America) so you can include leasing options. You can create a quote template for common items quote out, this saves A LOT of time! I love this feature.

Kevin from Air2Data

Industry: Wireless

It has made providing quotes easier.

Speed of quotes on a very complex product of WIFI networks for hotels based on construction types and brand standards for acceptable WIFI.

Pros

I like how customers can sign and pay online. However, the signing process is confusing for customers on the steps of what to fill next so the transaction is successful. I sometimes have to guide the customer, because there are no clear Step 1, Step 2, etc., guides.

Cons

I hate the process to make and use template messaging for my quotes. I want a real library of click-easy template messaging I can select after I publish the quote. Also, I find it soooooo frustrating to have an error in Quosal, but will not tell the cause!!! For example, our ConnectWise Admin selected some products to make inactive. The unit sold was the same but the parts to build it where changing. It would have been nice to have Quosal tell us why the mysterious error. This wasted a lot of valuable time.

Pricilla from Liberty Technology

Building Quotes made not so simple

It works fairly well for what it is supposed to accomplish.

Pros

With CWSell formerly Quosal , you have templates to choose from when formatting your quotes, this make building simple quotes easy.

Cons

Complex quotes with complex pricing structures needing complex visual display is nearly impossible and extremely time consuming. I had to call another company who was a code specialist who had an integration with our instance to help me fix a issue. Customer server for CW Sell is tier 1 only - If you want to make any basic changes to the function you have to pay extra. For reference , the issue took 5 min for the person whom didnt work for CW to fix. CW wanted to charge us to fix it.

August 2016

Tommy from Bayshore Interactive

August 2016

Better Options - Avoid

Just like another reviewer i had to purchase $1200 worth of training along with a $200 monthly payment. Essentially i paid $400 a month for the first year. The trainers were friendly but the training was confusing. After the training your on your own, i had and still do have many problems but i have pretty much given up on this product. There are much better options out there. I would recommend avoiding this product unless you have a dedicated development team that can help you customize it and repair it when it breaks.

Pros

Finished product looks nice. Ability to integrate credit cards into a quote.

Cons

Tech support after the training is horrible, seconds to get a auto response and days to get a human being to talk to you. Every time i did get someone to talk to me they acted like they were doing me a favor, then after a few calls i was told i needed to purchase more training to help me with me product needs which were VERY basic. Im still using Quosal and doubt ill be able to get any money back but the whole operation in my opinion is sloppy, my credit card processing has not worked in months and there is NO PHONE NUMBER to call these people for support. You must open a ticket up and talk them into calling you which is a huge pain. If im paying 200+ a month for something i should be able to pick up the phone and get some support. I feel ripped off and would highly recommend avoiding this company due to bad service after the sale.

Kristen from Mirazon

It's ebbed and flowed.. the things that work are great, the things that don't, well, aren't.

The Dell import tool is probably my favorite (when it works - it's spotty). That's definitely been a time saver.

Pros

Presentation. We get comments all the time about how great our quotes look. Definitely an improvement from our last quoting tool.

Cons

It's not very user friendly, not very intuitive, it's hard to import pricing catalogs (mostly because it's hard to get that information from vendors who don't have the integration), the user restrictions aren't what I think they should be, there are a lot of things we should be able to customize on our own that we can't (so we incur extra costs), etc.

Heather from Technology Associates

Overall, this works well for us. We've had this in place for about 3-4 years now.

Ability to get quick approvals through online approvals.

Pros

I like the etilize feature to pull in product and descriptions from distributors, as well as the quote format and the ability to approve online.

Cons

It seems like I get a lot of random glitches, where the page needs to reload or I get errors, etc. Also, there seems to be a lot of steps/boxes to make sure that are set properly. This can be confusing and frustrating to a user that is new to the software. Sometimes I also have issues with customer comments showing up, etc.

Dino from Global Micro Solutions

Sell, sell, sell

Pros

We used to host in country and have since moved to their hosted version on Azure. We have multiple templates that we've customized, dependent on service and partner we use. Tracking is very easy and we can get accurate reporting, if used correctly by the end users. With the clients not having to print any documents, the sales cycle is also closed a lot quicker. The integration is great with ConnecWise Manage

Cons

Initial setup is quite difficult, especially with customization. End user input is critical for accurate reporting. Not good as a stand alone option, so quite pricey when taking the complete ConnectWise package.

Great system with a lot of features

Pros

We use ConnectWise to integrate with our NetSuite business system. The system allows us to add important information to our quotations and give them an extremely professional look than we would get with our business system.

Cons

The only thing I did not like was that there are updates made to the product and we aren't always notified of the changes.

Garry from JMARK Business Solutions, Inc. IT Support and IT Services Tulsa OK, Springfield MO, Fayetteville AR

Leader in the industry. Connectwise Sell has all the features you need for MSP Sales.

Connectwise Sell allows us to build and manage quotes online without having to be in the office. It has all the same realtime features as the other major player in the market (Quotewerks) and with tight integration into the Connectwise ecosystem it's a no-brainer for existing Connectwise customers.

Pros

Tight integration with Connectwise and Real-time lookups for pricing and product availability make Connectwise Sell very powerful. The entire platform is web-based so you can access it from anywhere making the quoting process seamless and easy no matter where you're working from. It's just as effective from Starbucks as it is from your office.

Cons

The UI is a bit outdated. Some of the features are a little hidden in the UI and unless you know where they are at it can take some getting used to. Currently there is a problem with back-end connectivity resetting causing you to lose your work. Be sure to save often because it happens several times throughout the day and can get very frustrating.

Andy from allCare IT Corp.

Sell saves so much time!

Pros

TIme saved, ease of use, and professional looking quote that are consistant.

Cons

Take a while to come up to speed, also take time to get your inventory items to where they need to be for quotes. Once this is done, you of off to the races.

Scott from Healthy IT, Inc.

Great Features and (with effort) a streamlined sales experience

Streamlined Sales Process, better knowledge of client interest. 24 hour sales approval process. Automation.

Pros

The Web-based solution enables us to quote from anywhere, and collaborate more easily than a filesystem based solution.

Cons

Marketing for ConnectWiseSell... I wish we could simply have a masked URL so that we could send out sell.ourdomainname.com for quotes. I don't need or want competitors and clients to see which quoting package I use. Customizing reports / forms / layouts requires a PhD and or an hourly engagement with Quosal / Sell...

Michael from Innovative Computing Systems, Inc.

Phenomenal tool - excellent people - quality solution

I have been in the industry for 30 years. The work, thoughtfulness and technical strength of the Quosal team is unparalleled. This solution has made a massive difference in my business - and I am so appreciative for everything that they have done and continue to do in order to support our efforts. There is no solution that even closely mirrors this one.

Pros

Consistency and predictability of quote and proposal creation and delivery

Alan from Verified Technologies, Inc.

Great product.

Streamlined our sales process completely

Pros

We could not do business without ConnectWise Sell. We love the workflow aspect and integration with ConnectWise sales orders and procurement.

Cons

The Achieve area is useless for us. I would much prefer to be able to customize the notifications are with the notifications that are important to us.

Essa from StratX IT

Sell is my homepage

I’d like to see an expansion to the trophies/achievements area. I’m capped at 600! Also, I find myself struggling within the fields if it’s a large quote with a lot of products. The quote takes some time to upload and changes don’t always save on the fly.

Pros

It’s super easy to use Love manage integration

Cons

The glitches from time to time. Random updates

Adam from OPTECH

Great quoting software

Sending multiple quotes out

Pros

Beautiful easy to use web based interface, integrates with other systems. Overall very happy with the product.

Cons

New company has rebranded it and slowed down development. Unable to easily customize quoting forms/templates, does not support fixed price proposals.

Gary from Simpleworks

Connectwise is the rising star of professional services automation and management tools.

Pros

Cons

Sales integration is horrible. This tool could be the best thing since sliced bread if you get that working. I would be happy to be contacted to help with more input on that.

Brian from Albright Networks

Quosal is great

I use sell in the browser on Mac and iPad, its pretty good, there are something that would be nice better subtotals for instance on tabs like I can't see the total cost, margin, net for the hardware tab, which will be different than the service tab

Pros

Quotes and order porter are great

Cons

A bit clunky to use sometimes. Has issues on iOS.

Douglas from Hilltop Consultants Inc.

ConnectWise Sell has changed the way we deliver proposals

Standardized our proposals. Stopped low margin deals. Helped us automate approval process.

Pros

We now have standardized proposals with up to date pricing and current T&Cs. We no longer worry about custom contracts floating around out there with conditions we all forget about until the client reminds us.

Cons

Complex to setup but given what it does and how powerful it is, totally worth it. Once we got it configured it was easier to use.

Once I got over the high learning curve, I found a product in SELL that has transformed our business

Pros

I really enjoy how it integrates well with ConnectWise Manage on a mostly one-to-one basis. Opportunities in Manage can be converted directly to quotes, retaining all the most relevant customer data and information!

Nick from Inflexion

Quosal Review

Not a bad product though we would prefer the Support Staff have the ability to remote in or CALL in order to better diagnose issues. The QUOTE button on the Opp page still does not work, FYI. :)

Pros

It's integration with ConnectWise

Cons

Difficulty of creating new Templates as it relates to customization. Quote Forms are not end user friendly

Response from Quosal

Replied February 2017

Hi, Nick. Thanks for the valuable feedback. We will make sure to pass it on to the appropriate teams so we can continue to improve and better serve you.

Florence from Dentek Systems, Inc.

Quick response to my question

Tracking Customer service and sales. Quoting products and services for New and Existing Dental Offices.

Pros

I am able to navigate easily through the system and connect my tasks to my time entries and updates.

Cons

The software can be slow in response at times. Could updates be done after hours? Friday is our slowest day of the week so after 3:00 pm would be the best time for us.

Casey from Feynman Group

Strong Platform

We used to create quotes from scratch using MS Word. Since we have moved to Quosal and created custom templates, our productivity has reached new levels. We can quote common products in a matter of minutes which also have accurate pricing. There is some to be desired but it's clear to us that the Quosal team is dedicated to progressing the product.

Pros

Ease of Use, Templates are very flexible

Cons

Errors we encounter are difficult to understand.

Phil from i.t.NOW

Been using the software for years, love the integrations

We sell more product for sure, making it easy to send and get quotes approved. Love the features and tight integration with connectwise and our vendors

Pros

The Etilize feature that shows me pricing from multiple vendors and pulls photos and descriptions of products, the order porter online approval and notifications when clients look at a quote

Cons

a bit expensive compared to Quoteworks. Wish I could still have an on-prem version because hosted stuff always costs more.

Ken from 2W Technologies, Inc

Hard to get set up and tuned, but works pretty well

Pros

Cons

The interface to CW Manage is klunky. Adjusting the Quote form is very difficult and requires consulting. Every change is a difficult thing

Chris from Concept Technology Inc.

Quosal AKA Sell has changed how our company operates in profound ways and improved our bottom line .

Easy, flexible, and fancy looking quote delivery to clients

Pros

I like the ease at which you can create forms to send to customers. The template and PDF presentations are a big hit with our clients!

Cons

The learning curve is steep and not as user friendly or intuitive as I think it should be. Once you learn your way around it, it feels quite powerful but I wish early on it was more clear how to utilize certain features.

Chris from S3 Technologies

I think the system is not integrated well with Connectwise.

Pros

Online signature signature is a great feature. We also use templates often. The ability to create a package on the fly is also beneficial

Cons

The integration to connectwise. too many steps and the training is not set up very well. The product screens are vague they do not mirror the connectwise product screens. Which can make it difficult to work with. In addition there is no clear answer on how parts are created within CW or Sell and how those work between the system. The admin functionalities are very weak. It is an all or non scenario. If you don't have admin rights you cannot perform many of the day to day tasks. In addition the reporting is awful. What sale program can show you a report for how many sales were won in a month, week, day...its very frustrating. and as for the sales competition piece. It needs more work.

Justin from i.t.NOW

Been easy and accessible to work with.

productivity in work, organization in work, and the job to stay on top of things as much as possible

Pros

I like how simplified it is to stay organized. Keeps me on track and productive throughout the day/week. Also like that everything i do c an be tracked.

Cons

Do not like how hard it is to find a ticket at times when the service ticket has been closed out.

Alexa from Fully Managed

Be ready to spend some time learning how to use it

Pros

I like that it's linked to ConnectWise manage, and it automatically created an opportunity and updates it if you update the quote in ConnectWise Sell.

Cons

It's super confusing without a proper training from the person who knows how to use it. It would be nice to have a tutorial for beginners or something like that.

Kyle from Meritech, Inc

Quosal is Awesome!

Prior to Quosal, we did a lot of manual quoting. This tool practically automates the process. With the ConnectWise integration, we build the opportunity and click one button to generate a well formatted proposal that the client can easily view and accept electronically!

Pros

Cons

Back end can be tricky if you don't know where to look for settings

Scott from TelWare Corporation

Quosal Review

We purchased 12 Quosal seats in August of 2016 to fix the non quoting ability in Connectwise. We still have not been able to setup quosal to use for quoting. Quosal seems to be very limited on how we can display quotes or line items. Everything requires a special form setup, which equals billable time to Quosal . Also, we have no way of calculating commission correctly. Overall the programs not very flexible compared to other quoting tools. I realize that some of the issues come from the Connectwise setup . Connectwise owns quosoal. I would think the two programs could work better together.

Pros

Remote access to quoting

Cons

Not flexible . Forced to buy Quosal because Connectwise does not support quoting natively.

Response from ConnectWise

Replied April 2017

Hi Scott, thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to read that you are not completely satisfied with your ConnectWise Sell experience. Can you email us and SocialMedia@ConnectWise.com so we can discuss your concerns further?

If you need to quote... anything, you can't go wrong with this cloud based system.

Pros

It's 100% web based. No software to install, and it will let you take payment automatically (and bill their card!) at the time the customer approves the quote.

Cons

It's very hard to customize the quote forms, or the look and feel of the web portal clients see when they click a quote.

Chris from Think Office Technology

Part of the complete package

I love that Quosal is an integrate part of our entire business solution software, pairing with ConnectWise, Labtech and ScreenConnect to give us one unified system. The more these applications continue to integrate the better it will keep getting.

Pros

Simple to use, professional production of quotes and integrates with ConnectWise

Cons

I remember the initial setup to be a little bit time consuming, but that was quite a while ago and I am sure it is much more smooth now.

Response from Quosal

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Chris. We are working to continually expedite the set up and on-boarding process. We are so pleased to hear that you are having success with the integration of ConnectWise Sell and ConnectWise!

Adam from Grade A

Slow to get going

Pros

Once configured and templates are created it is generally easy and fast to create quotes. Better than standard ConnectWise

Cons

Slow to create templates, software is buggy and temperamental. Very difficult to format professionally. Most support requests are billable. Can't always trust etilize search and pricing. Basic missing functionality.

Response from ConnectWise

Replied June 2017

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to review ConnectWise Sell. We'd like to talk to you more about the areas that you were less than satisfied. Can you email us at socialmedia@connectwise.com so we can discuss further?

ConnectWise Sell (Formerly Quosal)

February 2015

Larry from Baker Hughes

February 2015

Game Changer for Business

I've used Quosal for the past 3 years to generate quotes and proposals and it has led to a vast amount of closed business for me and our entire sales team. I know entering any opportunity that I have an unfair advantage over my competitors. The Quosal team is top notch to work with, the product is very easy to use and it stood up very quickly for us. I saw some reviews that said it wasn't stood up as well and I'd just say that I'd recommend to get the right amount of services. They have "do it yourself" more limited services options, but like any new system, they are the experts and we were busy with our full-time jobs, so was nice that they provided a turnkey solution. Our sales team isn't the most technical and they love using the tool every day. It is very easy to use. If you want to have an unfair advantage over your competitors, you should look into Quosal.

Janet from Embark IT

Sell is a wonderful addition to our quoting process. Our customers love it too.

Our customers love getting to look at different options and the products spelled out. It shows up margins in real time and help do the best quotes possible.

Pros

Sell can give options in a quote and reports back to us when a customer has received the quote and when they view it. It is great asset to our sales team.

Cons

The setup is complicated. The customer service wasn't great on helping us set up so we have had to teach ourselves.

joshua from computer pros

Clunky, slow, and ugly

This product could be better if you could actually customize your quotes to look the way you want without paying their design team $$$ to do it for you. Also, it's extremely slow and clunky

Pros

Makes creating opportunities in connectwise easier, and the XML lookup feature is a nice feature for sure.

Cons

Very slow and clunky, plus the quotes are not easy for the customer (or us) to read.

Brian from Desert IT

Industry: Information Services

Clunky at best - hidden hard to get out of contract

When it matters most ConnectWise will put their profits above the customer. We used ConnectWise Sell for over 2 years, and after deciding to switch to another product, we found they had an auto renew clause hidden in a link on the agreement without our knowledge. When asking finance to help, they basically said kick rocks, so we are now stuck with this until contract expires.

Pros

Feature rich, does a lot of things good, but does nothing great.

Cons

Very clunky and slow, when you want to bust out a simple quote it takes a long time. Hard to train sales people

Chris from Parkway Technology Solutions

An easy quoting system that makes it simple to break away from boring proposals

Pros

I love that I can integrate videos into our quotes and proposals. Being able to offer clients options and let them easily choose their payment terms and options eliminates a MASSIVE amount of back and forth. And the template system means that I don't have to copy and paste each time. It is web-based and that means I always have access to my quotes when I need to review something. And since we use ConnectWise Manage, quotes easily flow back to ConnectWise for the work and the billing.

Cons

It is a bear to setup and sometimes use. It has so much there, but I would not call most of it intuitive.

If I was in IT I would use this every day

Pros

The thing is, I don't do a lot of IT work but when I do, this is the best product! I like that it integrates with everything!

Cons

It's not really the market leader so they don't have as much behind them as some of the other software options on the market.

Dean from GreyCastle Security

ConnectWise Sell

Pros

ConnectWise make it very easy to use and understand from the end user's perspective.

Cons

I wish the proposal customization and integration into SFDC was more robust.

January 2015

Dan from LabTech Software

January 2015

Best Quoting Platform

I Have used Quosal for the 4 years as a sales rep for a INC 500 Software company. Before we had Quosal our quoting process took hours to generate a new quote for a prospect. After Quosal, we were able to get a quote out in minutes. Since upgrading to the newest interface of Quosal (all browser based) the ease and quickness of quoting is even better. I would recommend Quosal for any company that has challenges with Quotes/Proposals, especially if you are in the IT space.

March 2014

Seamas from Epitome Group

March 2014

Worst of all that we tested; expensive and incompetent

We reviewed a number of proposal generation tools . We signed a contract with Quosal including $1,000 worth of training and customization. After 44 days we pulled the plug on Quosal because they could not get a customized template in place and we couldn't wait any longer for a solution. Their internal team was a complete mess. They changed our account rep (apparently our first rep was fired) but the new rep / designer were no better. It took them days to respond to e-mails and voice mails. Finally the co-founders, Kent McNall and Stephen Yu got involved (after I included them on an angry e-mail) but they decided that their was no way to repair the bad experience we had, so we asked for and got our money back. I would highly recommend that you try Quoteroller before Quosal.

Margaret from RSI Security

Lots of capabilities but requires a good bit of training

Lots of capabilities but text is hard to see.

Pros

The finished products always look great. I like that we are able to highly customize our quotes with ConnectWise Sell.

Cons

I find some of the text within the program very tiny and hard to read and haven't found a way to increase that on my screen. I would love it if there was a place to change that within the settings.

stephan from Expert Computers

Makes quoting easy

Very useful. Hard to think about using anything else besides Quosal. I like the presentation capabilities.

Response from Quosal

Replied February 2017

Thanks, Stephen! We are so pleased to hear that you are a loyal ConnectWise Sell user. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback.

Steve from Hitstech

Excellent service.

Prompt and expedient. Appreciate the help. I can't believe this needs to be in excess of 100 characters.

Response from Quosal

Replied February 2017

Thank you, Steve, for the excellent review!

Richard

Kyle from ConnectWise

March 2015

Siyasanga from Vanquish Business Solutions Pty

March 2015

trucking business proposals

A very easy and user friendly way of doing business, I like it

October 2009

Ryan from Inswift

October 2009

Looks good but needs work

Flashy but stay away

Pros

Has many of the basic features to provide a quote.

Cons

Takes too long to open Clunky interface