RELEX Solutions is a provider of supply chain management (SCM) solution including demand forecasting, inventory planning, replenishment, allocation and supply chain analytics. RELEX systems are designed for midsize to large retailers and wholesalers.
Users can analyze historical sales data across their channels in multiple retail locations. This data is used to forecast demand down to an intraday level and automate allocation and replenishment orders. The system accounts for lost sales, seasonality and promotions, including halo and cannibalization effects. Retailers can also track which products are selling at which locations.
With Business Rules Engine of RELEX, users can create an auto-order process by setting up causal demand forecasting routines by identifying external events, such as seasonal changes, promotions, trends or weather.
Suppliers and logistics providers can also make use of automated replenishment features to offer vendor-managed inventory services to their customers. Users can also access the solution via a native app for Android.
Ion from Pierce AB - Pioneers In Ecommerce
Employees number: 201-500 employees
* Relex welcomes and manages each new customer as a long-term Relex-family member, which consists in a transparent, friendly and productive collaboration
* For each project, Relex assigns 1 Senior Project Manager, 1 Process Expert and 1 Technical Project Manager who ensure that both Relex and the Customer follows a structured and effective project management framework - this was one of the key success factor for smooth design, development and implementation.
1. COMPLETENESS – over the past 15 years I had the opportunity to implement and use actively various supply chain systems, however only with Relex there is a clear sense of experiencing a system which is smart and fulfils complete expectations of a world-class oriented supply chain function: a fast and transparent system with advanced functionalities which are easy to use
2. PROJECT & SUPPORT TEAM – a tremendously experienced organisation which is agile to support the customer in achieving continuous improvements
3. SPEED & AUTOMATION – the system really saves time for users and guides them to really focus on most important cases trough exception management, useful reports and KPIs
4. INDEPENDENCE FOR BUSINESS – thanks to its ease-of-use and configuration - a process owner/super-user can easily conduct the needed configurations to achieve the desired results without being dependent on developers or IT department
5. TRANSPARENCY & TRACEABILITY - easiness of reading automatic calculation (not a black box as other systems) and complete traceability of any past calculations/results
6. SMART FUNCTIONALITIES – advanced forecasting, assortment management, promotion management, coordinated reordering and other functionalities - all work as it should be and are adaptable to customer continuous growing needs
- The system is advanced and therefore requires supply chain methodology understanding by customer. However, Relex team is always available to explain in most user-friendly way supply chain theory and methodology and how system functions
- High flexibility will require customer’s respect for correct master data and strong governance
Brian from Delhaize America
1) The flexibility of the system to be configured at multiple levels to achieve desired results. I have found if I can dream it, the functionality is likely available through configurations adjustments.
2) Most processes are automated with exception based alerts to address outliers.
3) We feed all key information to RELEX so seldom does a user need to go to other systems to get data
4) The ability to consume big data quickly, produce reports ad hock or scheduled and auto send to others.
5) The forecast accuracy was solid right out of the box and through exception base process resolve item with forecast accuracy below 80%. It's easy to send forecasts to vendors too. Still learning how but have strong support from RELEX in doing that.
6) The user interface is also configurable allowing user to add or remove attributes as needed. Easy to navigate especially if the user is familiar with excel.
7) The flexibility of formats RELEX can accept for data feeds and history loads made our IT teams work easier than expected.
8) The team behind the software has been fantastic in supporting the business and IT throughout the implementation and rollout.
9) Truck building logic works well (Accurate master data is required)
The one challenge RELEX presents is due to the amazing flexibility there needs to be strong governance structure to maintain process control, best practices and keeping training materials updated.
Being a cloud based it's not a real time system however through multiple feeds and RELEX's speed of consumption and calculation it's close.
Mike from Farmboy Inc.
Employees number: 10,000+ employees
More in depth analysis of specific product trends at the touch of your fingers. Cut order and analysis time by more than 50%.
Multi year analysis of demand fluctuations within minutes. Very ease to build the table you want without having to combine data sources.
Inability to change the calendar structure to match the fiscal calendar used by the company. Results in the analysis provided by Relex to not perfectly align with analyses done outside of Relex.
Lyndsey from Delhaize America
Flexibility and ability to integrate with multiple data sources for a "one-stop-shop" helps our business streamline our forecasting processes. RELEX was intuitive and easy to learn. The RELEX team support is beyond any customer support I've ever experienced. The quick turn-around and overall positivity of our account support makes RELEX my favorite vendor that I've ever worked with in any industry. I'd recommend this software to companies of all sizes and across many industries for this reason.
Interface isn't friendly for small monitors/screens. It would be really helpful if we had the ability to click/drag to expand the homeview. Also, would be helpful if the column headers auto-wrapped so it didn't cut values off. The ability to have 2 RELEX internet windows up at once would be really helpful too. Alphabetically sorting the dimensions/parameters/metrics would be a HUGE help.
Joe from Roberta Roller Rabbit
Employees number: 51-200 employees
We integrated our multiple channels supported on different platforms into a single repository of merchandise data. Item information is reviewed, edited and approved before committing to our book of record item files. Allocations and replenishment is now automated improving the productivity of the planning/merchant team. Assortment planning has increase the overall productivity of our product development and design teams, helping to establish trend and line plans more completely and efficiently.
Key to the project was to have a single repository for merchandise data - Relex was able to solve this problem integrating Wholesale and Retail from multiple platforms. This is the central repository for all merchandise related information. We use Relex to edit item set up information for both retail and web prior to export to our Book of Record application. The product is cloud based with significant reduction in start-up costs. Relex is easy to use with basic training - sales people , merchants, planners and allocators all access Relex to manage assortments, purchases, replenishment and allocations. Relex worked with the business to create the appropriate workflow models for efficiency and accuracy. Finally Relex has increase our productivity in the merchant planning team through automation of allocations/replenishment.
I was hoping Relex could be our merchandise financial planning platform, given the rich data that is supported. Unfortunately this could not happen at this time - however, we do leverage exports from Relex to feed into our legacy planning application.