• Pros

• "This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that."

• "the graph show us a good informtion for windows or mobile both are great"

• "This does a great job of blocking traffic and presenting all the traffic on a nice clean UI . Everything is easy to access and learn how to use."

• Cons

• "Its price is little bit high. If the network scanner can scan for the security issues of the network it will be a great help."

• "I don't know of any cons yet, I have used just the trial. But it will be very bad if they record our browsing history and logins. Which they say they don't but real truth will come forward in time."

• "Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way."

Browse GlassWire Reviews

Saqlain from Southeast University

Industry: Facilities Services

Awesome piece of Software

SUPER AWESOME BRO

Pros

I love this software. I am very found of good software, useful software, which now a days are very scarce. I can not thank developers enough for making a software which shows what application uses the internet and uploads/downloads to what address. This kind of detailed information hub reviles the vulnerability which I didn't know was there before. It also enabled me with the power to block the traffic. Simply "It Is AWESOME"

Cons

Response from GlassWire

Replied August 2020

Hello Saqlain, thanks for your review! You wrote "it will be bad if they record our browsing history and logins". We agree! That's why your data never leaves your device. We couldn't record it even if we wanted since we never have any access to it. https://www.glasswire.com/privacy/ You can confirm this by finding your data usage database on your own PC. https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database We are not a cloud service that keeps your data on our servers.

Jim from Ferris State University

Simply Outstanding

Having my PhD in cybersecurity, this product is simply outstanding and long overdue. I often recommend to my clients for a simple to use, laymans view of the "game behind the game". Well done by the folks at GlassWire - FINALLY an easy tu use, understadn and control interface for the average ( or experienced ) user.

Pros

Simple- one effective pane of glass to see what is really happening Love the Virus total integration Just a job WELL DONE Glasswire-- keep it up !

Cons

I wish, there was more ability to get the PCAP of the offending event when possible for deepr investigation. Ability to collaspe alerts by Date -- so I only see the day I want. Ability to drill down or more interactive graph to investigate anomolous events and traffic

Malcolm from Govt Relations

Industry: Government Relations

Do not go online without it

Rural and data usage spiked glasswire helped me isolate why

Pros

Ease of use when a problem can up. Good to be able to expand to see what exactlyis going on

Cons

Nothing I can think of ai this time. It all works for me.

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

Recommended by how to geek

Walter from Pro-W Intnl

Industry: International Trade and Development

Utterly annoying

Bought it. Paid for it. Expected it to work properly. Liked the advertised features. HOWEVER, absolutely HATE the constant interruptions, pop-ups, computer slow-downs, and overall experience. Will be cancelling it momentarily (or whenever I get around to doing it). Software should be neither seen, nor heard from, if it is to be effective. Wives are for interruptions!!!!

Pros

I appreciate what GlassWire is "trying" to do, but this is not what it actually does. It does give "additional" information about the status of my computer and its workings, as well as its internet connectivity, but it does so at a very annoying expense.

Cons

I HATE, yes - absolutely hate the constant interruptions, pop-ups, non-interesting information and idiotic colors that are EXTREMELY annoying. I now remember why I had GlassWire before and why I eventually cancelled it. Software should be neither seen, heard, nor annoying in order to be effective. I HATE the products, and really don't care what it does. If it's doing its job, it should do it quietly, unobtrusively, and without interrupting my work (or pleasure). We already have too many interruptions in life.

Response from GlassWire

Replied August 2020

GlassWire's alerts are all optional and can be displayed any way you prefer, or not at all. Just go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "settings" then "security". For the colors you don't like, we literally have 15 different color options from black and white, to dark themes, to more colorful. Just go to the top left menu and choose "themes".

Muzammil from Qualsoft Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Best Network Monitor

The Overall Experience is awesome and glasswire is the application that i kept in my auto start-up when my computer starts. I am using this application on all of my 3 devices which are computer, laptop & on my android smartphone. Even I have suggested this application to my many friends and they are using the same.

Pros

1. Security : It protects your computer from all malicious attacks & it gives you the ability to approve or deny a network connection running on your computer. 2. Convenience : we can check the network without even opening the whole application. It notifies all the changes made to the network. 3. GUI : The Graphical User Interface Is Awesome. The Graphical Speed Chart of Internet Speed gives all Current and past network speed. 4. Built-In Firewall : Already Said the Glasswire firewall Helps us to protect from malicious attacks and gives the ability to approve or deny network connections.

Cons

There are no cons in the application according to me. My Only Suggestion to glasswire team is that the premium prices of basic & pro should be decreased 5-10$.

Brian from The Moore Law Firm PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Quick Glasswire review, a solid selection

Glasswire has been easy to pick up and use as a means to further enhancing overall security. It also appears to have much more to offer as one takes the time to learn more of its finer workings. Bottom-line though is that it does its job well and looks really cool while doing it.

Pros

I recommend Glasswire because it is simple to use, with its engaging and unique UI, while also highly capable at its task. The bells and whistles are easily identified as well as explained in fairly seamless fashion with the well-meshed components. Enough for set and forget or tweaking til' content.

Cons

Personally, I would like even more information/granular details. However, I say that about everything.

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

More than capable with engaging and unique UI to boot.

Kevin from Computer Software

Perfect Product

For me, GlassWire is a must. I have it installed on my home server, two personal PCs, 2 work machines, and both my personal and work phone. This product delivers so much for such a low price.

Pros

Monitor local machine as well as servers or machines on the network is a breeze. The Firewall and other detections such as "Evil Twin" or even change in name for software is awesome. And the Themes are super useful when you have to stare at a screen for any given moment.

Cons

There are only Two "Cons" that I see, that is that there is no Client [at the time of writing this] for MAC and my second is that I cannot use remote server manager from mobile client. But those are in no ways a reason to look somewhere else.

Mike from WesTech Engineering Inc.

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Pros

Cons

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

This product provides the most bang for the buck. Visibility is great and they keep making it better.

Clark from RSI, INC.

Great Visual Firewall Monitor

On PC especially I add Glasswire when setting up a new machine, and when using it to make sure there are no intrusions or pieces of software I'm not aware of communicating with another machine. I haven't tried the app yet but hope to in the future.

Pros

Really like the real-time info and visual interface. I helped spread the word about this software as part of the influencer team. Many folks I interacted with agreed the software was/is excellent. I enjoy seeing in real-time where my computer pings out to other sites and servers. I had no idea this data was even accessible before Glasswire. As someone that has dealt with malware in the past this is part of my one two punch for ensuring no malware / spyware / malicious stuff exist on my computers.

Cons

Not much, just maybe explaining better all the features.

Almost complete

Great product

Pros

I love the way I can block individual programs from accessing the net.

Cons

I would love to see a Ubuntu and Mint (which is Ubuntu based) build for Linux. This is really a "missing" issue with Glasswire; no Linux support. I am happy to update this review if Linux support is added.

GlassWire for Internet User

Overall it is very useful user friendly software.I still use this software and this is a one of my favorite software in my software collection.Every time I formatted my computer this is a one software which I use to install first.It safe guarding my computer and give me the full detail of my internet usage.It help me to save my internet data bundle which offer my internet package.

Pros

GlassWire is a very useful firewall software which I found by accidentally.It was very good useful software more than I thought.It is very simple to use because it simply shows the internet using applications on my computer and I can block those from accessing my internet by just one click.It has very simple user interface so without any knowledge any one can easily operate this software. If any new application start to accessing the internet it immediately shows up a massage and I can quickly blacklist or block that application.So from that I can easily find out any malware or virus applications which can not find out by my virus guard.And also it shows me my data usage of application to application.From that I could able to disable unwanted applications which use internet and save data of my internet connection.By disabling those unwanted data using applications by GlassWire I was able to speed up my internet connection than previous.GlassWire is not a heavy application which not use lot of ram and processing power.So that Its not slow down my day to day works and serve me very well.I recommend this software to any one who has unwanted data using problems of applications.

Cons

This is very good software with well designed user interface.It was done every job which I was tell to do.But it did not able to stop down the windows auto update.That is the main issue I faced on using this software.When I use it first time it was not a payable software.Now it need to buy the software after the trial period.Lot of antivirus software supply the same usage of this application so I think buying those kind of antivirus software is much economical than buy this software.Those are the main drawbacks I saw in this software rather than it is very good software which must be in your software collection.

Rich from retired

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent Network Management Tool

With a background in telecommunications software development and technical customer support, I needed help in monitoring and managing my multilayered home network. Glasswire provides not only connection info, but firewall assistance, data usage and alerts related to resources on my PC(s). I'm able to monitor and control Glasswire functions not only on my own device, but on all Windows devices in any given subnet. If I change subnet, I can work with a different device set. While the interface is graphic and easy to see, I can plunge down step by step to detailed connection info for each device and running application. Support via the Glasswire Forum is very fast and very helpful. Upgrades and new development are constant and are provided as part of the one time cost. There are no comparable tools at this usability level -- price/performance is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Pros

Functionality and support

Cons

I would like support for Android and individual router monitoring/management. Android is anticipated, router is a completely different level of product. Better documentation is needed.

A must have for metered connections!

GW has helped me take control of my metered connections and prevent programs like email clients and others transmit large volumes of data in the background. A must have for metered connections and as an addon to the security s/w!

Pros

The ability to control all the applications installed in my pc and the data volume they use especially with metered connections. Also, it offers you a real-time protection on top of the security s/w you use without slowing down the connection or the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it needs to be reset - does not start automatically with Win10

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

Most solutions similar to Glasswire either are too technical and need constant attention or they just miss key functionality needed in an application of this kind.

GlassWire as a network monitoring software

Its a tool we must have to monitor our network about its usage and to be in alert what applications are using our internet connection and for what??

Pros

First of all GlassWire has a very attractive nice interface. GlassWire make us to see and understand the current usage of our network connection. It gives us a notification when ever there is a new network activity because of this we can be in alert about unwanted network accesses. GlassWire help us to track our data usage of the device. We can see which application is use more data and what are the servers it getting data from. It has a good feature called "Things" it scans our network and tell the details about the devices that are connected to it.

Cons

Matt from Mara Technologies Inc.

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Tony from Images for Industry Ltd

Industry: Photography

I am a big fan of this software! It is easy to use and gives fine control of connection and firewall

It gives a greater understanding of what is going on in my digital life! What's not to like about that!

Pros

This software makes it easy to understand what is happening regarding software connecting, file transfers and bandwidth usage. It's visually stunning and appealing to use. I would not be without it. I usually run with ask to connect, which is great when limited to using a mobile connection.

Cons

There's not really anything bad to say about it. If you find something amiss customer service get back very fast to resolve issues. In my case they went the extra mile to resolve an issue that was really outside the scope. But they got it done.

Rune from LeapLoud

Glasswire - trusted

I use it for one of the home computers that I have used for visiting all sorts of links online. I installed Glasswire to ensure that I had some control over what traffic I was involved with.

Pros

Glasswire delivers an overview of the traffic that is on the network I am using. This enables me to see first hand if something is up.

Cons

It could be cheaper for a PRO version as the features in the free is allright, one would like to have more as it is a very good program, but the price is a bit high.

Jeff from The Bookkeeper

A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS

Glassware looks after my PC and access Running quietly in the background protecting my use

Pros

Glassware provides me assurance that my PC is not being compromised by unwanted guest. Prompt notification is provide each time access is made allowing me to decide on a course of action

Cons

I can not add any value here as Im a sole trder adn the software meets all my requiremens

Roby from RL Accounting

Used for years

Great service

Pros

Love the features and security that this offers and knowing who and what is in use on my system.

Cons

Nothing that I have noted. Wish it would quit asking me to pay for the update though.

A great simple firewall

Pros

Cons

Not really a huge fan of the tiered software options but I understand it. I would rather just pay for a pro version and get all the features but it is most accessible to others at the different price points.

Hamza from AlMadina

Glasswire is your eye in your computer

Good but I can't it's expensive so my experience was limited

Pros

the graph show us a good informtion for windows or mobile both are great

Cons

to have to pay for features I would like to have all the features at least in one computer for free foreverer

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

I like the tools and the information I would like to see Glasswire improve their product

Control your network!

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Best Data usage visualizer app

Being able to track what's hogging my network has been very useful to me.

Pros

Data visualized is very Accuracy and Privacy was very much considered.

Cons

Software still not available for mac os.

Nice

Pros

Since I discovered GlassWire I didn't stop using it, it gives me all the informations I need about my network, devices, software connections... I can block them and see my monthly usage, the application is very well made and updates are quick.

keep an eye on your network activity

Pros

The detailed activity graph is also very useful to see how much data is being used across the network and it shows how much data all open apps are using through GlassWire's Usage tab.

Cons

It is a little heavy on memory, Within the program you will be able to detect and/or identify suspicious activity, unfortunately you do not have the option of eliminate the threat ant stop it but not eliminate it.

Nathaniel from Dow Rummel Village

Easy to use firewall

Pros

This is a easy to use visual firewall. It takes little knowledge to use and is super straight forward. Keeps everything working easy.

Cons

No real gripes about the product. It does what it states and does so very easy.

Sreenath from Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Great product

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Notifications 3. Less interruption 4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user. in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed. Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

Richard from Information technology and services

Glasswire

It's shows me when items connect to my internal network and identifies them. This means I know what is using my internal and external bandwidth. It's a simple and easy network monitoring tool.

Pros

Very easy to use. Graphical displays show what is happening in an easy to view fashion.

Cons

Nothing really. It's too simple to get wrong.

simple network security

Pros

I have been more than happy with the software and it's detailed network analytic. The very instant a program accesses my network I get a notification which is great. I can also block said program from my network right from GlassWire's built in Firewall.

Christopher from Lazy Girl

Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

Monitor Your Network

Easy traffic diagnostics for the home and business.

Pros

First off Glasswire is a beautiful application. For generally boring information thats dumped in logs, this is quite the difference. As a home user, I love being able to see what apps are using how much traffic, and its also great at getting what IP a program is sending to. Sometimes thats hard to tell just from a program like Wireshark.

Cons

Some paid features I feel should be free, but a business needs to make their money somehow and you have to respect that.

Steven from Leggett & Platt

Glasswire Gives you insight

Bottleneck

Pros

Ease of use and graphic representation of traffic type.

Cons

Peer map would be useful to show traffic on your own network between mac addresses or IP.

Carl from High Tech House Calls

GlasWire inexpensive Network secuirty monitor

Pros

ease of use. easy to understand alerts. low overhead on computer resources.

Cons

can't think of anything i don't like except upgrade nag notifications

Joe from Self

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great product - great for home user

Good product for assessing network performance on my device

Pros

This product is great for seeing who (program) is using network and when

Cons

I have not had difficulty with it, works as specified.

Nedelin from Dxc

For me it's ba great tool, which I use for monitoring everyday

Pros

The notifications for the new connections

Cons

Nothing really. The program is easy to use and doesn't lack functionality.

Austin from Xpanxion

Super good!

I’ve put this on my roommates laptop and every time he makes me mad, its so fun to remotely block his applications that he uses every day

Pros

I like how the full functionality is within the tabs on the top of the screen, very easy and useful interface

Cons

One thing I wish had more functionality is the firewall. It’s an application firewall that’s to be in conjunction with your OS firewall, It would be cool if it had more integration with it and included ports that could be blocked or filtered out.

Allan from Heartsare

Industry: Publishing

This is the best software for specific uses that I have ever come across. I use it constantly, daily

My internet data usage has been extremely excessive - impossibly excessive - and I searched for software that would enable me to keep track of my internet usage and found Glasswire. To my absolute amazement, Glasswire not only does what I sought but does so much more and I continue to discover new useful aspects about it. It is in constant use on my computer, every day. When I say 'wow', I mean it.

Pros

This software puts you in control of computer internet data usage and provides you with very detailed, ongoing information.

An amazing piece of software to have

Its easy to use and beautiful UI really goes a long way to understand more about your computer and its connections.

Pros

The UI and easy of use together with the easy to read information provided makes this app one of its kind. Seeing how my internet usage is being distributed really helped me take better decisions .

Cons

I don't have anything to complain right now - I got everything I need from it.

Philip from PJR INC

Can't beat GlassWire

Like I said before it's interesting to see what apps connect and communicate to different sites

Pros

I like seeing what apps are communicating with sites and what sites they are talking to.

Cons

I can't seem to get it to work on both my phone and laptop. My laptop shows the graph moving but my phone just shows the graph with no movement so I'm not sure if it's working or not..

glasswire

Pros

easy to set and run; gives heads-up about programs accessing web.

Cons

not always easy to interpret deeper levels of information available - need to know what to look for.

Nathan from Hallmark Baptist Church

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do. Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Jahswill from Self employed

Easy way to monitor traffic

Pros

I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand.

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

Carlos from IMC Solutions España

Useful but not

Glasswire let you see your main PC problems in a easy to understant graph, for me, as a computer tech in not very useful as I know how to manage my own pc and Task manager helps me almost in the same way thats why I prefer use it one and disable it, because having it working will slow down your pc a little. I feel this program is useful for people that need to check thing at least once each month, if you do, go and get it!

Pros

Great for checking your computer Easy to use and understand Colourful and great designed

Cons

Task manager almost do the same After checking it for a few days in the most of the cases you wont use it again until you have any problem Another program you dont need that is slowing down your pc

Bob from Computer Solutions / R.K. Enterprises & Consulting, Inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

Saved me Thousands of Dollars!

As a company that pays for bandwidth on our hosted virtual servers, we were paying a high price and felt they were over charging us. After using Glasswire to monitor the traffic, it was determined that it was not our software using the data but the hosting company's own monitoring of the servers. We proved this to them with Glasswire and out data usage bill went down by 300% saving us hundreds of ever month.

Pros

Monitoring of data use in and out of servers. Measuring of bandwidth

Cons

No cons. so far this software has done what it said.

Braxton from bsolutions1technology

well i ave had nothing but a great Experience w...

well we have a great Problem solver now with Glasswire

Pros

Well i like the ease of Installation on our Servers

Cons

it was slow at first until it adjusted to our Software

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

because it's the new kid on the block and i believe in giving everyone a chance

Jonathan from N/A

Very Useful Product

The ability to stop software from connecting to the internet and the ability to watch for spikes in data usage from my computer is very useful.

Pros

Ability to block software from connecting to the internet is very nice. The notifications you get each time a software has a new version number and is trying to connect to the internet is wonderful. Also the well designed interface is a joy to use.

Cons

No cons, I'm just really pleased with the software.

Ben from BT

Nifty little tool, low overhead and lots of info!

Found this through a tech podcast (tekthing I believe) and have been using it ever since to EASILY block and manage connections to and from my PC to the rest of the network/internet. Sure there are other programs out there that do the same thing for free, but this looks and feels like a well polished program that makes it easy to do!

Martino from Higher Education

See easily your network activity

Overall i was very happy with these software and i will recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Glasswire is very user-friendly and very powerful. At the same time it can be used by anyone due to the super simple and neat user interface.

Cons

It lacks some pro-user features which you would expect from a firewall and network managing software but i think they will add these features in the future.

All in all an interesting support

Absolutely satisfied!

Pros

- Easy to use - Full control - very good display

Cons

I don´t have anything against its use. Maybe if I intensify its use.

Must have application

Pros

Providing multiple data specific features hel the user to rely on a single app

Cons

Memory consumption always is a question as it involves the continuous system evaluation