• Pros

• "The flexibility and the support are awesome - you could not really do any better. They are especially good when it comes to students conducting research."

• "It is extremely user friendly. Wizard feature is quite helpful. I am using this online tool for over few years. Never had a problem accessing it. "

• "Cost-friendly Wide range of features Great customer service"

• Cons

• "This software is good overall. Only thing is that i found the navigation little not user friendly which can be improved. "

• "The basic free option is a bit limited, for the rest, it seems an excellent tool for consultation."

• "We found extracting data was not the most intuitive. But Sogo survey does provide Great support to help work through this task. "

Browse SoGoSurvey Reviews

Mavares from Universidad Nacional Experimental Politécnica 'Antonio José de Sucre'

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Cindy from Syracuse City Arts Council

Industry: Performing Arts

User Friendly Software and Responsive Company

SoGoSurvey has exceptional customer service!!! This is the biggest reason I would choose to use SoGoSurvey. I LOVE the ease of building surveys, saving questions to use later, copying surveys to use again with minor edits, testing surveys, and looking at survey results. With the free non-profit upgrade we are able to get all the survey results we need to help our organization improve and meet the needs of our community. Downloading survey results is easy and the format of the results makes it easy to evaluate our results. Having used this survey company for a little more than a year, currently I have no reason to look for another survey company to use.

Pros

Being able to save questions in a question bank, copy surveys to re-use after editing, and reviewing the survey before sending are wonderful features. I can send test surveys to others for review as well. Free upgrade for non-profit does increases our survey limit so we don't worry about losing survey results because we reached our limit. Customer service is the best with responses almost the minute you ask for help!!! This is huge for me! I hate waiting day(s) to get answers to solve problems I may encounter. I haven't had very many problems with SoGoSurvey, so I don't contact them often, but the few times I have, they have always responded promptly. We can download all the results we need, no need to print it all up in order to share with members of our organization.

Cons

Getting a QR code was not as intuitive as SurveyMonkey, but their customer service easily bypassed this problem. The benefits of SoGoSurvey heavily outweigh the few things I liked slightly better about SurveyMonkey. The first year we applied for the free upgrade we needed to provide a review of their product. Because we had not used them before this was a problem, but the company was willing to work with us on this so that we could provide an honest review.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

SoGoSurvey offered the best options with their free non-profit upgrade and their customer service was rated as exceptional with almost a 'no wait' responsiveness rate to customer questions and problems. No reason not to try them first. I have not regretted the choice.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied January 2020

Cindy, thank you for such a thorough review! We are so happy to support non-profits like yours. I have passed along your accolades to our support team. I know they will be very appreciative! :)

Katie from U of Colorado Boulder

Industry: Market Research

Free Trial Review

Very pleased with the product in a free trial. Many desirable features are in the various paid tiers.

Pros

Easy to add survey questions, rearrange, create pages. Was able to quickly export data. Clear on navigation within projects. I liked the test survey option.

Cons

I would have preferred more template demographic questions or fields. Navigating between projects was a little confusing. Not all changes after test survey made it to the visual report but was available in data export.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

Review indicated that SoGoSurvey had most features in free option and SurveyMonkey didn't export data for a free version. Google Forms only exports to Google sheets. I needed quick export to csv. The student license was very desirable as my immediate use cases are for school projects.

Online survey tool that relies on most other competitors for it's product features

Good for use, heavy on pockets!

Pros

Customer support is the main thing that I can talk about this survey software. There are a bunch of people who constantly reply to our queries and issues, and get them fixed at high priorities when required. The overall user interface is decent, although, it cannot be compared to the other brands. It provides a wide variety of functionalities and tools and thus seems really great as and overall application. (All under one roof). However, this sometimes looks densely populated when you are looking for one specific function and you have a lot of ways to do the same thing. Creating and distributing surveys is the most basic part, but the reporting features makes the application really stand out!

Cons

It copies a lot of other survey tools and tries to replicate their premium functionalities. The product management team seems to be pretty ordinary with their thinking and cannot go out of the box to widen the scopes of this application. The tools are way too expensive and no comments on how their overall performance or scalability measures are!

Vadim from Moreland University

Great Research Tool!

Wonderful tool to push out surveys and analyze data.

Pros

Very easy to use, the features in the free version are greater than other options out there, data is laid out very clearly. Great customer support.

Cons

Nothing for my usage that I can think of.

Valerie from University of Nebraska, Lincoln

Easy for All to Use

They have great customer service, quick to respond with good information.

Pros

This survey platform is so easy for both the administrator as well as the survey respondents to use.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. I don’t have anything bad to say about it.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

It is easy to set up and easy for my users to navigate.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Replied January 2020

We love hearing this, Valerie! Best of luck with your future research. :)

Claire from Bolton University

Survey for Disseration

It is really user friendly, gives you unlimited surveys/questions. The online support team are really helpful.

Pros

It is really simple to use and gives you lots of function on a free basic account. I was able to design my own survey and use pre designed question formats.

Cons

That it capped my responses to 100 for my survey.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied April 2020

We are so glad you switched to SoGoSurvey for your dissertation work, Claire! :)

Friendly user

On my way to create a survey. I am suggested by my senior about SoGoSurvey. Great experience with SoGoSurvey and having some assists from SoGoSurvey chat. It's really friendly user. Thanks for making my life easier with SoGoSurvey

Pros

- Quick respond from SoGoSurvey chat - Structured and well-organized software - Easy to use with the guide of Tooltips and samples - Friendly survey tools with nice graphic design

Cons

So far so good. Still on my way to explore the beauty of SoGoSurvey

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied April 2020

We're always happy to help! Enjoy your continued exploration of the platform. :)

Amanda from Avila University

Easy to use Survey Tool

Overall, the software is very easy to use. I would highly recommend this software to others. As a master's student I also appreciate the opportunity to use the program for free for one year. This will be very helpful in completing research projects.

Pros

SoGoSurvey offers a good library for templates for use or for ideas for creating your own survey. The variety of question formats is also very helpful. The software is very easy to navigate and use.

Cons

There are some question types that are only available in a higher plan. It would be nice if had the option to have a la carte options to add one or two question types.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

I chose SoGoSurvey instead of Survey Monkey because of the student free account.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied June 2020

Good luck with your masters, Amanda! Thank you for the nice review. :)

Milo from University of North Dakota Alumni Association & Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

University fundraiser and SoGoSurvey

We've been very happy with SoGo

Pros

Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them. There is also an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and logic conditions may sound confusing, but SoGo surveys make it pretty easy to understand – you'll be revealing or hiding questions based on previous answers with ease. I also appreciate the ability to add images and multimedia options in order to engage survey takers. SogoSurvey also makes it easy to brand your surveys as your own. Every one of our surveys has our logo embedded at the top. I can also customize colors and fonts to match our brand. I'm impressed by the variety of ways you are able to see your results when the survey is complete. Reports can be customized to see as much or as little of the detail as you desire.

Cons

Sogo has a great free version for nonprofits like our organization. But every year they lock us out without warning and you have to email to ask for a renewal. I wish they'd give you advanced notice that it is time to renew.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied October 2020

Thank you for the thorough review, Milo! We are glad to hear how you have taken advantage of your ability to customize all stakeholder communication to match your brand! I will pass along all of your feedback to the team.

Cris from Drake University

Easy to Use, Great Features for the Cost

I wanted a simple tool that I could use to create surveys including automatic responses so that I could continuously collect data on personality. SoGoSurvey was perfect for my needs - reasonably priced and including the features I needed. Embedding in my academic page is very easy and their customer service is very good.

Pros

It's easy to use and allows me to group multiple questions into one category to report the results to participants. When participants know they will see their results, they are more likely to respond to the survey. I also feel that for the features provided, the software is reasonably priced. My institution purchases Qualtrics, and while excellent, that software is priced beyond the means of typical individual researchers.

Cons

Since I'm so interested in the reporting features for participants, I'd love to see more bells and whistles there - for example, the ability to automatically calculate the overall averages for categories and contrast that average with the participant's would be very helpful. However, I understand that such an advanced feature would be unreasonable for the charged price.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

For the price, the features offered were much better.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied December 2019

As always, we're so pleased to be your platform of choice for your research, Cris. Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review!

Athena from Curtin University Malaysia

Industry: Market Research

Sogosurvey: a life saver for all researchers

Overall, ive used this survey platform for almost 2 years, and have designed many survey forms with sogosruvey, i can proudly say that it has saved me so much time. It only took me a day to design my questionnaire, distribute it via link, and all i had to do was sit back and wait for responses. I could see how many responses were made and i could also see which day the respondents completed the questionnaires. exporting the data was extremely easily, it cut my workload in half, i dont think i can say the same for other survey platforms. I have recommended Sogosurvey to many other research mates and they have all thanked me for it. and now i'd like to thank sogosurvey!

Pros

I absolutely loved the fact that it is so easy to navigate around. Everything you needed was there in the same page. I also love the level of customization sogosurvey offered, there are ready made templates that could be chosen for the convenience of the users. In comparison to other online survey platforms, i found that Sogosurvey extremely time saving, to make further changes and modifications to your questionnaire literally take only minutes to complete. I have had my respondents and other fellow research mates telling me how neat the survey form was. It could be easily viewed in a mobile, a tablet anywhere. I especially liked the "smartness" of the software. It catered to every need i wanted. I could also track the responses i had from my respondents, like how many was done on a particular day. which was so convenient! Last but not least, i cannot stress enough on how good the software was in terms of data exportation. I was surprised on how neat and organized all the data was in one excel sheet. Absolutely in LOVE.

Cons

I think the free package given was a little to basic. There was too little options for a new user to play around with. The free package offered could not justify half the greatness the software actually have with a paid package. I think this can be improved with a little bit more options, especially the question options. so that there is a good and satisfactory preview of how the survey will look like. One more thing, i think the instructions and video tutorials would be nice if they were more precise, as a new user, it could be difficult to navigate around looking for things you need as it takes some time to get used to. I would also like it if i could see who has responded to my questionnaire and when they responded.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Replied October 2019

Athena, We thank YOU for your kind and thorough review. I've shared your feedback with our development team as well they never tire of compliments about their 'smartness.' :) Cheers to successful research!

Kathryn from Freeman Health System

I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms and it gets the job done beautifully!

I work for a non-profit and I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms for volunteers to fill out and give me more information about them. I researched so many forms companies and didn't like how tedious the forms were to fill out online, or the price they were charging. (Most charge a monthly rate, and the volume of forms I will use each month didn't justify the cost.) With SoGoSurvey, filling the forms is simple and someone on a mobile device can do it as easily as someone sitting at a computer. The forms generated are clean, easy to read and allow some flexibility if you want to change up the design. I created a form using SoGoSurvey for my volunteers to give me basic info; then I created another form that volunteers can provide me with more background info and leave answers to open-ended questions. Finally, I have a reference form that I can email references. SoGoSurvey has made my job easier without sacrificing the quality/look of my forms. Best of all, it is free! If you are looking for a good forms software, give SoGoSurvey a try!

Pros

This software doesn't have to be limited to creating feedback surveys. I actually use it to create online forms for my non-profit. I have a lot of volunteers who want to come and I needed a way to create easy-to-use forms for them to fill out and give me the info I need from them. I started out using the "free" package and even under a pre-designed form, the software will allow you to go in and make changes to better reflect your needs. Just make sure you don't exceed the number of questions on the form or it will ask you to upgrade to a paid package. Because I work for a non-profit, once I was able to prove that I am indeed non-profit and advertised for SoGoSurvey on my website, they actually allow me to use the next level paid plan for free! I am very happy with SoGoSurvey and plan to continue using the software. Another awesome feature is that our volunteers can be English/Spanish speaking and SoGoSurvey has the option of choosing the language for the survey at the click of a button. This is such a key feature and I love it. (you will have to be able to speak the language you create the forms in, SoGoSurvey doesn't actually translate the content for you.)

Cons

I think navigating the actual site takes some getting used to. Once you are in a form, keep in mind that you will only see the form "on top" of the pile. What this means is there is a number counter, and you must click the drop-down arrow to see the other numbers of other surveys in order to review your responses. I think this could be improved, I would especially like to see the name of the person who filled out the survey used as an indicator in the "pile" of responses, rather than just a number. Also, when I print survey results it can take up to 6 pages with a narrow column of data, rather than 3 pages where the data takes up the entire page. It would be nice if this could be adjusted.

Marisa from Hamline University - ATLAS Program

SoGoSurvey combines outstanding features with top-notch, responsive customer support.

SoGoSurvey allows us to evaluate our educational training and initiatives in a way that other survey tools simply cannot do. Some of our surveys are fairly complex, with many opportunities for branching respondents either to or away from certain sections based on their earlier responses; SoGo enables us to do that. There are also 17 basic types of reports--most of which we don't need for our purposes, but they're available--and the ones we do use are highly customizable and nicely formatted. With certain key tweaks to the branching feature--specifically, adding a "hide/skip page" rule to make branching logic easier to create--it could be THE number one survey tool on the market, hands down.

Pros

We use SoGoSurvey because it offers the following key features, some of which are not available with other survey platforms: 1) the ability for respondents to print out their responses once they're finished 2) the ability for respondents to save and return later to finish longer surveys 3) the ability to either generate a multi-use survey link OR send individual invitations, thereby allowing for tracking of respondents; reminders can also be sent just to those who have not responded 4) a large number of question types, including advanced, multiple-part grids 5) skip logic and advanced branching functionalities 6) advanced reporting capabilities 7) highly competitive pricing for nonprofits/educational organizations The interface is fairly easy to use, and the customer support is FANTASTIC; SoGoSurvey support professionals respond quickly and always provide helpful assistance.

Cons

The skip logic/branching interface can be a bit difficult to use, depending on what you're trying to do. For example, the advanced branching feature has no "hide/skip page" option and therefore requires an expert level of proficiency in branching logic in order to create more complex surveys. It would be so much easier if you could simply have respondents skip certain pages based on their responses, rather than creating a complex web of logic rules to accomplish this. Luckily, this is likely not an issue for the majority of survey users.

Zoe from Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Industry: Graphic Design

I am relieved and glad I found this platform, especially since they offer free student package.

Benefits I received were applying for a free year student option that offered features such as export report, analysis of data, complex questions (features of plus package), in addition to customising which personalises survey to specific topic. Other benefits include fast and helpful customer support, there is a instant message section at bottom of page called 'Chat with us', allowed me to ask questions and receive answers quickly. The layout, editing and design features made it easy for me to edit, place questions, the templates of surveys gave me an idea of layout and questions which allowed me to use it as a guide but edit accordingly.

Pros

This review is on version 8.0 of SoGoSurvey. The layout and design are user-friendly in the sense of allowing you to customise the survey design and questions. The variety of questions ranging from standard multiple choice, grid options such as matrix grid, radio grid, check box grid; there are also rating scales, this allows you to chose the best option for what you want to get out of, which was helpful since I had complex complex questions that needed to be asked in different ways. The layout, type & text the look and feel in the visual settings section. There are predesigned templates you can chose from or edit it yourself by going into the menu bar on right, where you can edit the font(size, font type). The background option in the side menu allows you to choose from a variety of different background or you could include your own image as a background. I found the interactivity of the platform easy to understand, the icons, editing was made easy since you could paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another online survey platform and did not need to retype them. The basic package is a good way to introduce someone to the platform, since its free it allowed me to see the features, layout and questions offered as well as what is offered in plus or pro packages. In addition to being mobile friendly as well since the participants of survey I did and am doing are more likely to view and answer the survey on their mobile phones.

Cons

I have only used the basic package which is free, I used this package since its free yet it does not include some of the options the paid packages do. Question options such as the matrix grid, radio grid as well as advanced question options such as placing an attachment, rating radio button,rating drop down and horizontal radio are only available in the paid versions such as pro,plus and enterprise. If you want complex questions in the basic package that ask multiple thing such as matrix grid that has multiple choice and or rating scale, you need to use predesigned templates and edit the questions. You can also paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another survey platform into the survey but you will need to edit it, choosing the question type first then pasting the question in and the different options when you select edit. Since I used the free package I could not include my own logo. If you want to upload your own background image in the side menu bar in the visual settings section, it needs to be a jpeg, png or gif, not a pdf. You also cannot adjust the position and scale of this uploaded image, suggesting that simple or background images that are abstract are best. In addition the basic package does not include report export options such as excel and Microsoft Word.

September 2016

Chris from University of Berlin

September 2016

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. SoGoSurvey sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try. So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately. Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros

Survey Questions Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways. User Friendliness It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones. You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages. Language Support I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean. 24/7 Customer Support Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions. Data Export and Reports Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

Cons

Instructions Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box. Mobile Phone Layout If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot. Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Athena from Curtin University Malaysia

Postgraduate's lifesaver

As a researcher, i always found that data collection as well as analysis was always the most tedious thing in research, and i have always dreaded the process. However, it all turned around when i came across SogoSurvey. I actually get excited to further explore Sogosurvey. I read the reviews, and have heard good comments from fellow friends in the research field. Everyone recommends it! Though i have only tried the free basic package only, it was good enough to get me hooked on the ease of the whole thing and ultimately willing to get the plus or pro package. I absolutely love the customer support, i have never gotten such good and quick help from customer support in other survey platforms. I am extremely relieved that i came across Sogosurvey, after trying other survey platforms, i definitely choose Sogosurvey in a heartbeat!

Pros

I really liked that everything could be found in that page alone, rather than having to navigate from pages to pages like other survey tool that i have tried. The level of customization and user friendliness is astounding. I absolutely love that everything could only be a click away. I believe that it saves a lot of time, as it does not take long to watch the video tutorials and wait forever for the customer technical support to reply. I could get my questionnaires done and sent out in a day if i wanted to! I absolutely love the customer technical support. they take literally seconds to reply and provide you with helpful and precise instructions and solutions. The data exports and reports are great too, one need not worry about exporting reports and questionnaires, the formats and what not as they are easily done only a click away in a wide variety of export formats, which does not pose as a problem at all!

Cons

I've only tried the free basic package and i found that the free features given were a little too limited.

Hanifa from University of South Africa (UNISA)

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

Hanifa from University of South Africa

Review on SoGoSurvey Software used for Postgraduate Reports

Ease of use, the ability to track submissions, the ability to generate reports in various formats, the single URL key feature where it is possible to e-mail a person their unique URL, the ability to print the report as proof of submission and the reminder functionality where it is possible to send reminders to invitees regarding their non-submission.

Pros

The user friendly interface of the software, the instantaneous support and the ease of drawing reports. I used this SoGoSurvey as our PostGraduate Reporting system for both students and supervisors. I investigated several options and found SoGoSurvey the easiest to use. If students did not receive their invitation, I could send them the unique URL for their survey report. I was also able to send three reminders to both the students and supervisors to complete their reports. For the supervisor reports, I sent a survey invitation for every student they supervise and this enable me to track how many supervisors completed their reports. I found the report generation feature extremely useful and I was able to draw reports on the fly for presentation to management according to their specifications of what was required. Unfortunately, I was on the plus plan and had restricted functionality but this did not in any way hamper my use. Unfortunately, I could not populate the surveys with the details such as student number, etc for the supervisors because of the limited access. Also, supervisors and students could not save the survey as this option is not available on the plus plan. However, both students and supervisors could save their submissions as pdf files which is very useful. Generally, I was highly impressed with SoGoSurvey and wish to use it again for our reporting system.

February 2016

Stephanie from University of Applied Life Sciences Vienna

February 2016

Great experiences with SoGo Survey!

To finish my study of animal sciences, I am writing a master thesis on the subject of 'Parasite management in Austrian sheep production'. Me and my supervisors decided to distribute a online questionnaire to sheep breeders in Austria. The reasons were the easier and safer distribution compared to dispatch by mail, and the fact that I don't have to digitalise it myself to transfer them into the program for statistical analysis. I have been searching for a online survey tool for months, but none of the providers I found, could suit my requirements. One the one hand, the software should allow me to create a professional questionnaire although I am technically not advanced. The more professional and reliable a survey is, the more the respondents are encouraged to answer all questions, I think. On the other hand, I am a student with limited budget and my thesis is not part of a big university project, so my department does not pay for the subscripition fee. The costs for the software therefore should be preferably free. Most of the providers (SurveyMonkey, umfrageonline.de, etc) have free trials, but the upgrades are mostly expensive. The fees per month are not affordable for me, and the billing for every response seems counterproductiv, because I want to get as many responses as possible, and can`t pay for every single one, due to my limited student's budget. After I was really desperate on the search for a provider meeting my requirements, one of my colleagues recommended me SoGo Survey, because they offer a professional account for students for free. My colleague had positive experiences with the software. I was very happy and immediatly signed up for the basic account. I began to create my questionnaire, and found out that the tool is easy to use, the result looks very professional, even suitable for academic interests. An additional feature that I couldn't find at any other survey software, is to run reports on the responses. This is interesting during the survey, and will also be useful for the statistical analysis afterwards. Furthermore, the data can be exported easily to excel, csv, xml or spss, word or html! I am glad to use SoGo Survey and looking forward to distribute my questionnaire and get lots of responses! I highly recommend SoGo Survey for everyone, especially for students like me. Thanks to http://www.sogosurvey.com/ !! Stephanie Koller Master Student at University of Applied Life Sciences Vienna

Miguel from United Methodist Church

Best tool for gathering surveys and producing charts/graphs/reports

My experience was great. I did a lot of my data gathering through surveys conducted with SoGoSurvey and the software organized my data into great charts/graphs/reports that I could simply copy and paste or download into my dissertation. It made presenting my data and analyzing my data so much easier than if I had to do a lot of this with an additional program. The program also had the safeguards needed to prevent duplicate entries and other factors that would affect the reliability of the data collection process. Overall I was very satisfied with SoGoSurvey and would use them again in a heartbeat for any project that required surveys or data collection.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software was that it could actually do everything I needed it to do. I had to get a premium package but it was well worth the investment to have software that could accomplish everything I wanted for my Doctoral Dissertation. I evaluated several other software packages and this was the one that was easiest to use and did exactly what it said it did.

Cons

I didn't find missing features, what I did find is that as with any software there is a learning curve. You have to learn how to do what you want to do with the software. The great aspect of the premium package was that it came with tech support and when I got stuck I would send an email and get a response pretty quickly. The helpdesk was always able to direct me to the right menu or option to accomplish what I wanted to do. My advice is spend some time learning the software and playing with the options before you actually engage in your actual project. It will help you a lot in using the software.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

Ease of use, ability to deliver what I needed for my project, cost and tech support.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much for the thorough and kind review, Miguel! We are here for all your future survey needs. :)

Felipe from Vrije Universiteit Brussel

Ideal for behavioural studies!

Free account for student, and outstanding customer support. Always quick answering and suggestions.

Pros

I have being using SoGosurvey for about two years now. During these years I have developed dozens of different questionnaires, within different levels of complexity. I use them mainly for my phd research, where I develop different types of behavioural tests. I must say that I am still quite happy with the service. I've seen that the SogoSurvey platform has evolved quite a lot within the last couple years, so it is definitively a service that keeps a constant upgrade policy. Hence, the resources to implement efficient surveys are always getting better and better. The graphics interface has also improved quite a lot. Customer's service is fast and 24/7. I am based in Europe, and always get quick answers when I have a specific inquiries, which is simply fabulous! The sogosurvey servers are quite stable. I have worked with other systems (such as Qualtrics), which usually rely on the university's servers, and therefore are significantly less stable. Finally, I can tell you that I will keep on using such services for a longer period time. I am very grateful of having found SoGoSurvey. The other ones available in the market won't go as smooth as this one. Of course, it is also important to mention that Sogosurvey offers special price ranges for students (like, free subscription...!), which is very convenient for researchers that are starting their careers. Cheers!

Cons

Still some features to include, such as randomisation of pages. Overall, I find that the interface could be improved, but in general it is quite easy to handle.

A very simple and quick surveying software.

A very Fast survey system, just add questions and that's it, sogosurvey will take care of everything. I created future equipment buying opinion and found its better to ask people about it and give them a form and get them to think before asking. People can fill the form on their convenient time and mood which helps me to get the most accurate result and get to the conclusion faster. Also, their feedback and experience with the maker company also help me how simple it is to get service done as I work in a pro-environment and we need out equipment fast or we encounter loss.

Pros

I needed to survey 20 people very quickly and I found sogosurvey with over 500 reviews, mostly positive as my first choice. I register using my google account and that's it. After registration, it's tutorial video explains a lot and helps me to start quickly. I started to add my question and within am hours my survey is ready. It is not an official survey but to choose the equipment for out future projects but all my participants think it is. It is a well-designed template and really nice report. I can do a pool but the survey is so much flexible.

Cons

I have to refresh the windows after adding the survey form template. And after that, it is very fast and usable.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Replied November 2019

Hi! We're happy to be the platform you are using to help you select equipment for future projects. You made the right choice to go with SoGoSurvey for quick set-up and ease of use!

Chris from Mount Olivet Rolling Acres

Love the flexibility

The responsive support is the very best I've experienced. I'm continually amazed at how quickly they are able to address my questions. Plus, they seem to be really engaged employees. In my previous life, we sold employee and 360 surveys that required highly skilled survey people. I'm able to create professional survey reports for the nonprofit organizations and I'm not a trained survey professional.

Pros

The flexibility to design surveys to meet a variety of needs. I am a volunteer that helps to design surveys for several different nonprofit organizations. I have been able to meet every need with a combination of the Pro level and download features.

Cons

I needed to upgrade to the next level to be able to do true 360 feedback surveys. I could work around this with the download capabilities and using Excel to fill the missing features.

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

They seemed to have the best features for the cost at the time. I stay with them because of the outstanding customer support I've received.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied November 2020

Chris, thank you so much for the detailed and positive feedback! We don't just offer a customer experience product, we take pride in delivering a wonderful customer experience to all of our users. :)

Craig from BASICS Scotland

SoGoSurvey does the job for us

We have been using SoGoSurvey for a number of years now for our small charity and find it an invaluable tool for collating feedback from our course attendees. The range of features available within SoGoSurvey allows us to easily collect relevant information in an informative way. SoGoSurvey truly is an example of well delivered feedback and questionnaire device suitable for modern working environments. Its ease of use when creating surveys is comfortable to even novice users and for the more experienced among us, complex multi-level feedback forms are a doddle. And the end user experience is just as fluid; questions are clear – presented in a variety of available skins, themes and colour formats, question types are easy and straight forward to understand – multiple choice, multi-answer, true/false and many more! SoGoSurveys ability to deliver your questionnaire in a variety of formats is quite impressive and modern and certainly something we at BASICS are looking into utilising more. We currently provide our participants with a direct hyperlink to our various forms and questionnaires however embedding these forms is something that really excited us! All in all SoGoSurvey is a vast, fleshed out and very efficient survey system that we highly recommend to any business.

Pros

Full range of questionnaire features and question types. Multiple methods of creating and sharing reports. How quickly support reply to requests.

Cons

When first looking at creating a survey or report it's not instantly obvious how to use things but once you dig into it all the features we need are there.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied July 2020

Wow -- this rave review has made our day! Thank you for taking the time to detail so many of the SoGoSurvey platform features you have utilized. We love how knowledgeable of a customer you are, particularly around survey creation! Thank you for your time!

Vithawat from Chulalongkorn University

My SoGoSurvey

Pros

Hello, I'm a graduate student. Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University Must have a thesis for graduation And my thesis requires a questionnaire to collect data In the first part, the general questionnaire will be made. But the advisor recommends doing an online questionnaire to gain access to a new generation Convenient and very cost effective No need to move data from paper to the computer, reduce data errors significantly. Then find out what kind of online questionnaire to use. Have tried using many websites that are available But enough that each website Will have different advantages or disadvantages Like the look of the questionnaire, not attracting to do Or not, can show some image Until a friend suggested Sogosurvey found that the external image was beautiful Attract people to do it. Can change many image styles Can add many features Until able to tell that the Sogosurvey will be a very good online questionnaire Very suitable for me Making research much easie Would like others to try and like it like me

Cons

The questionnaire cannot be created directly in Thai. Must be created in English first

Response from SoGoSurvey

Replied June 2019

Vithawat, We are so glad that your research was made easier with SoGoSurvey and that you were able to take advantage of our versatile design features. Thank you for leaving a review!

Olaf from University

Amazing tool to support your research!

SO HAPPY WITH MY EXPERIENCE

Pros

I am so extremely satisfied with the software interface of SogoSurvey. The absolute pros of this software are definitely a very good and extremely friendly service. Via many ways, my research was effectively supported with an amazingly nice designed website interface. With the use of this tool, I was able to create my desired measurement instrument. With this successful instrument, I was now able to distribute and collect data. It proved the quality as I collected 100 responses within one day with a minimal effort of distribution​. And no bad experienced were received from one single respondent. Also, I could track the progress very clear and easy in the monitor interface. I absolutely love the bilingual​ option of SoGoSurvey as now I was able o distribute the same survey in both Mandarin and English which enlarged​ the quality of my instrument. I was now able to successfully​ make my 7 scales​ Likert​ survey with an additional section to collect demographic information of the participants. The distribution​ options are very very easy and besides the email options,​ it was nice to create the embed links to share on Facebook​ and other social media​. I could not imagine a better survey tool and therefore I highly​ recommend​ this tool to everyone.

Cons

No cons founded in this period. The overall service solves every issue very adequate. SoGoSurvey is ready to face their challenges and yours! Amazing!

Amelia from Friends of Micheltorena

Industry: Fund-Raising

Charity that is given the pro version of SoGoSurvey for free but if we advertise for them

Surveys for our organization.

Pros

Full featured, free for charity, professional look and feel. Like that you can ask more than 10 questions. Like the grid style questions. Like the "if logic" to fork the survey. Like that I can customize/brand the header. Language translation section is critical for our organization.

Cons

Like the software a lot and appreciate that as a charity, SoGoSurvey gives us the full version for free. Unfortunately though the hurdles to getting the service are more than the value we get out of the tool. The free version is a one year plan for which we put a logo on our website all year and like the company on facebook. We are a small all volunteer parent organization and send out a survey once a year. We can barely train people on which logins to use let alone consistently use and support the same online tools. To lock our account each year until we send an email to customer service and have to fill out surveys / more product advertising is nearly a time-prohibitive hurdle to having our organization continue to use the software. Sorry to sound entitled and thankless but it just takes too much hand-off to keep this account working smoothly for our group.

Liked new spring release, always gets some new catching feature.

1: It helped me to understand and organize public events in offices... Their reviews and feedback forms. 2: Quick and affective invitation and various publishing method saved lot of my time. 3: now for quick small survey they got an app seems promising too.. 4: had difficulty making decisions solved by the ordinance.

Pros

1: various variety of reports and distribution method it has... 2: quick support and custom work on request, there has been many times when I got stuck or forgot few steps, support chat was quick with there response is what I liked. 3: newly designed survey creation seems great too. 4: they keep getting something exiting like with Omni reports they have under Enterprise+ package. 5: there account freezing feature.

Cons

1: Overall UI is bit rough as compared to what UI they have inside module. 2: Moving on few feature to Enterprise+, I get it, thats the way of working but get new more advanced feature instead of dragging Enterprise feature to new package. 3: ppt download under reports need a real change...some Images are bit blurry

Janet from UH Manoa

Best for improving validity of survey results

Pros

I took an Educational Survey Research course that asked each student to research a survey tool and present to the class. I had looked into SoGoSurvey because I was looking for a tool with more advanced branching options. As a doctoral student, I really wanted a survey tool that could be designed from top to bottom. I like how SoGoSurvey allows for visual design changes, as well as having a large selection of advanced question type tools. Therefore, as a student I think it's worth the money to invest in this tool for something as important as conducting your dissertation research, as they give am amazing discounted rate for students. I look forward to using this tool more for my own research!

Cons

I had initially used the pro free trial to demonstrate its functionality for the rest of the class. However, once the free trial ended, I wasn't able to access my draft and couldn't get access to my survey because it was not backwards compatible with the free version. So I ended up losing my entire draft survey and had to start over a week before it was due because I didn't want to pay yet for the full version just to complete one assignment. So just a warning to those who are looking into the free trial, if you use any of the question types that are not part of the free version, you will lose access to the entire thing once the trial is over.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Janet -- we hope your presentation went well! You are always welcomed to reach out to our support team (support1@sogosurvey.com) should you have questions about your account. :)

Wyatt from Miracle of Love

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Powerful

Pros

Our organization has been using the software for about a year and we have used it for things from administering quizzes for training, voting on committees, and most importantly, client satisfaction feedback. This software has been amazing, and I look forward to continuing our work with the software into the future.

Cons

There are TONS of features. That said, printing reports has been a challenge.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied September 2020

We're so glad to have you as a customer, Wyatt, and happy to help with all forms of client / customer satisfaction measurement.

Ralph from UPLB

Industry: Research

Definitely worth the switch

Previously, I was subscribed to another survey site (which I shall not name). However, due to their recent transition to an annual payment term, I decided to look for another option. I'm currently writing my thesis and I will only be using this kind of service for a set amount of time (possibly 4-6 months only). That is how I found SoGoSurvey. I read through the features and monthly cost, I was impressed and decided to subscribe to the site. Next is customer service. I am subscribed to several sites online (i.e. Amazon, Origin, Steam, etc.), and I have to say SoGoSurvey is the best I've ever experienced. I had a problem with loading the site previously and sent a ticket. Within minutes I get a response with complete instructions and support on how to resolve the issue. The only complaints I can think of at the moment are probably the UI, and some missing features. I was kinda disappointed that skip-logic feature for Plus members was limited to 7 questions only - had to make a workaround for it. It would also be nice to have a multiple list with ranking option type of question. As for the UI, its good but I think it could be better. Overall, I am satisfied with SoGoSurvey and I'll be more than happy to recommend it to my researcher friends or even at work.

Pros

Cost-friendly Wide range of features Great customer service

Cons

Some missing features Limited skip-logic options Sometimes, the UI is confusing

Uso diario do sogosurvey

de acordo com as respostas dos clietes a emprensa esta tentando se organizar para melhor satisfação dos clientes, sendo assim um excelente software de repostas que a empresa precisa

Pros

muito atrativo e facil de compreensão para quem for responder as pesquisas usando o software, pode se criar pesquisas em varios idiomas etambem apresenta graficos

Cons

a empresa não conseguiu fazer o pagamento de uso anual , tendo em vista seu pagamento d euso mensal

Reasons for Choosing SoGoSurvey

pela grande qualidade que o software oferece a quem compra e quem usa

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied November 2020

We are so happy to support your company's efforts to increase customer satisfaction!

Douglas from NIC BANK

Best survey app

Pros

SoGo survey is user friendly and rsdy to create surveys.Has a back ground oprion where you can edit /customize an image of your choice.Has designed templates which you can edit.Has a variety of questions including multiple choice,grid option such as matrix grid,check box and radio grid.It gives you a variety of languages to choose from and this is extremely useful since people can answer surveys more correctly when asked ina language they clearly understand.The customer suppoty is professional and helpful within shortest time possible.Gives you an option to export data ib desired format.Offers a free basic package for trial .Has an excellent reporting tools.Has been so useful when getting feedback from clients regarding sales in order to improve services.

Cons

The free trial is limited to a particular no of questions and thus forced to use a paid version to accommodate more questions .SoGo survey is unique in its own way compared to other survey apps.

Katherine from Ryder System

Sogo Survey very best software to surveys.

Sogo Survey is a very good program that I have not found almost mistakes, it has benefited me a lot in my work area, since I have been able to provide better elaborated surveys and better explicit results, this has helped the innovations of our services.

Pros

What I like most about Sogo Survey is the way in which the graphs are implemented at the time of completing the questionnaire. A circular graph is shown where each person's responses are specified by percentages from positive to negative. This has greatly facilitated the understanding of their features and functions.

Cons

Sogo Surveys has an application for mobile phones, clearly for this app you can not perform surveys, but you can see statistics and percentages of surveys previously completed, the problem is that the percentages are totally different from those shown in the Sogo website.

Michael from University of Salford

Excellent tool for Social Science

I used SoGoSurvey for my master's thesis, whereby i surveyed key professionals from within the world of wildlife conservation, and reintroduction science. It was my first venture into the world of citizen science, and i was quite nervous about the prospect of designing a survey, sending to highly respected professionals, and analysing the data from my respondents. SoGoSurvey and their excellent customer service made it so easy for me. To start with the website is really easy to navigate, and designing a survey, thanks to SoGoSurvey's usability, is a lot simpler than i anticipated. Sending my survey was a piece of cake, and none of my respondents had any negative comments, some remarked how professional my questionnaire looked (i was able to customise the opening page with my Universities logo etc). When analysing the data collated from my respondents, i contacted customer service and was invited to partake in several webinars which allowed me to perform advanced analysis. The choice of graphs and tables allowed me to create a really high standard in illustrating my findings. I am currently working on publishing my thesis, and SoGoSurvey played a big part in this. Overall i am very happy and would highly recommend SoGoSurvey to anyone. I am now venturing into the world of social and citizen science, and will continue to use SoGoSurvey.

Pros

Usability Customer support Data analysis function

Cons

Nothing - SoGoSurvey, for me was pretty much flawless

María from University of Alicante

Fantastic

Data retrieval via survey for my PhD is faster, more convenient, more accurate, and much more professional.

Pros

What I really like about SoGo Survey is: 1) That you can create very professional-looking surveys and customize them as you like. 2) That it is quite intuitive and easy to use once you get used to the main functions and understand the terms they use to refer to each feature. 3) That it saves you tons of time on data analysis. 4) Last but not least, that they offer us students the possibility of using the software free of charge, thus saving us a lot of time and effort and ultimately boosting our research work For me, it's been a must during my PhD :)

Cons

The thing I like the least is the branching restrictions. I would love it if I could branch several questions on the same page. Also, the restrictions to the number of question display conditions you can set are also a bit annoying when you're trying to target a very specific population.

Eduardo from Polar

SogoSurvey with polls, quizzes and more!

SogoSurvey has given me a better comfort when sending surveys to clients, it has also given me some business advance, since I have managed to diversify the questions with polls or quizzes.

Pros

What I like most about SogoSurvey is that it not only dedicates itself to the elaboration of surveys, but as secondary areas, it offers the facility of carrying out short questionnaires, quizzes and polls, in this way I can diversify the areas where I can question clients that consume my products or services.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SogoSurvey, I consider that this is a very good software and that it has interesting functions, but its prices should be lower and more consistent since the questionnaire area is very comprehensive and necessary for any company, be it small or big.

Alfred from Toronto Centre for Community Learning & Development

Signed up for a Basic Membership of SogoSurvey three years ago, and observed its remarkable growth!

Free Annual Nonprofit License.

Pros

SogoSurvey has grown into a premier survey package that can meet the needs of any nonprofit organization. I am very impressed with the comprehensiveness of board and staff evaluation templates, and the ease with they can be customized. I have tested several online survey tools, but none of them seem to balance the needs of business, academia, and nonprofits in the way SogoSurvey does. Designed with the corporate sector as the target market. In this regard, SogoSurvey is very well-balanced! My experience with customer support, though very limited, has been very responsive.

Cons

No major cons in my experience using SogoSurvey. However, it is not as intuitive as I would like; some steps in the survey creation process take a bit longer. Perhaps it's because I am using the basic version. That will likely improve in subsequent releases, or with a higher version.

Dave from Hospitality Resources

Great product

Overall I have found SoGo to be an easy to use and reliable product with a very attractive price. They are by far more responsive than any of the other companies I've used.

Pros

I've been doing employee surveys in gaming and hospitality since 2004, getting into on-line surveys around 2007-08. I used one product until 2018, when I had a software problem during a survey and got zero support. I've used SoGo and one other product since then. SoGo is reliable (I've never had any unplanned for down time), very easy to use, very cost-effective and has great customer support. A feature I especially like is that you can get the actually delivery failure message when a survey doesn't go through. I can give this to my client to trouble shoot any delivery issues.

Cons

The feature I miss most from my previous supplier is the ability to import a survey in Word. With SoGo you need to enter each question manually (although you can copy old or library surveys). It's easy and instructions are very clear, but it gets tedious. Also, with certain types of surveys, the data is not recorded for partially completed surveys. For me these are small issues compared to the benefits above.

Raksha from Watumull College

Industry: Biotechnology

The best Survey tool.

My requirement for an easy to use survey platform was just met by Sogosurvey..Being a biomed student,our hospital management subject required patient satisfaction survey for a hospital as an important assignment.So I had to go through many survey sites but didn't find any of them that interesting ,easy to use as a begineer and effective. After a couple of search on the internet I came across Sogosurvey tool. I must say this is indeed a user interactive tool. From the person creating the survey to the person filling the survey, everyone will find it comfortable to use.The key features that got my interest into sogo survey were: Free basic plan with those 30 questions which is the best available when compared to other tools. From their own set of questions to your own set of questions you are free to use anything you require and I feel their set of crafted questions just get you unbiased answers.There is nothing so complicated using it as a begineer.You just have to drag and drop the required items and start building.Color scheme and color template are the best features to use making it more interactive and yes you can also save your templates for further use.The best part is you can also make it available and design it for mobile view too.There are also features like what to display when the survey expires and thank you page, various add-ons,print your survey wich helps if its an assignment as in my case .Your survey can even be shared to your friends,teachers using email or social media sites. Sogo survey is my only choice for surveys from now..

Pros

Its easy to use and interactive user interface. Free plan includes many features that others don't provide. Mobile view supported. Can ask 30 question's. Questions can be from the selected list or your own.

Cons

Using still haven't figured out any cons yet will do post if any cons identified.

Ashley from Kansas Historical Society

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The best solution for researchers on a budget.

As the evaluator for a state historical society and nonprofit organization, I struggled to find a platform that would align with our small budget, while still offering the advanced creation and analysis tools that our team would need. Luckily, I stumbled upon the plans offered by SoGo Survey, and the Pro plan quickly became our solution. Whether you are a student, an entrepreneur, or an advanced research analyst, SoGo Survey and its friendly team will far exceed your expectations and your needs.

Pros

By offering an unlimited amount of surveys and responses, a wide range of question types, skip logic, completion estimates, branding capabilities, a survey scheduler, real-time reporting, and streamlined social media publishing, SoGo Survey reigns supreme. With their added polling feature, we can even use SoGo for quick email and social media polls, as well as within our focus groups, workshops, and forums. You can even import responses and aggregate data from mail surveys in with email responses. The well-designed user interface, training videos, and user guide make it easy to navigate the platform, but should you need personalized help, then do not hesitate to contact customer support as they respond impressively fast.

Cons

After using the platform for a year, I still do not have any complaints with the software. I only wish that I had a larger budget so that I could add on subusers and gain access to some of the more advanced reporting features.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied May 2020

You reign supreme as well, Ashley! Thank you so much for your feature review and details about how SoGoSurvey has benefited your organization!

Luisana from Poá Parfum

SogoSurvey and its technology to improve the understanding of an opinion through graphics.

I have benefited strongly from the use of SogoSurvey in my work area, since I had many problems before that some opinion polls were not understood, and thanks to the technology with which SogoSurvey works, it is perfectly understood.

Pros

What I like most about SogoSurvey are its functions, since other platforms do not have them, they are unique functions that explain very well the results of a survey using graphs and percentages that increase understanding.

Cons

I do not like the relationship that SogoSurvey has between price-functions, since they have totally exaggerated with the prices, I would like them to decrease the prices a little for a better accessibility to the plans they offer.

Garry from Attleborough Acadmey

Great Survey Platform

We have been using SoGoSurvey for about 5 years now. They offer FREE education plans. The survey platform this excellent, the tools are very well laid out and simple to use. You can save your questions in answer banks so you can use them time and again. There is a VERY useful reminder email function too. Oh and not to mention the awesome analysis tools. You can get your results in charts and put in a PowerPoint in just a few clicks. This used to take days of work. The customer support is great too. Very quick to respond to our questions. We hope to use this for the next 5 years. Thank you SoGo.

Pros

FREE education plan Easy to setup Easy to use Feature rich Reminder communication

Cons

No cons to the software. It just works!!! Thank you.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Replied July 2019

Garry, thank you for the kind review. We're thrilled to hear stories about how SoGoSurvey has saved time for our customers! Particularly when it comes to reporting: a few clicks of your mouse and you've got reports that would have otherwise been time intensive. :) Thanks again for sharing!

Dena from Junior Achievement of Eastern North Carolina

SoGo Survey is great for collection of information across our constituent base.

Pros

The ease of use customizing the surveys and the ease of dowloading results to word or excel. You can manipulate the information for any purpose needed. The fact that you can delete the information after you have retrieved saves a lot of confusion.

Cons

The fact that we don't get notifications when new surveys are received. It would be very helpful if there were notifications and not have to check SoGo Survey for new answers to surveys when they are received.

Felicia from National University Health System

I used it to carry out a relatively large scale survey.

Pros

1. Customer support is excellent! Emails typically reply back within a few min, occasionally it takes a few hours but never beyond a day. 2. It allows uploading of images using pdf or powerpoint which was very important for my survey. 3. Advanced branching allows you to take respondents to different algorithms. 4. There is an option for respondents to save and continue later, and for the enterprise version, responses may be autosaved.

Cons

1. It is fairly costly for me. 2. Some respondents' responses were initially lost when I reviewed the survey and I had to write in to ask them to retrieve the responses which were fortunately retrievable. 3. You can only send automatic reminders to complete the survey three times after which you have to send manual reminders. 4. Ranking type questions don't support an "other" option to type in text. 5. Some surveys allow you to track which one of your respondents have answered the survey but ensures anonymity by not linking the response to the respondent. This software does not allow that, so it is not possible to remind or encourage individual invitees to respond.

Luisana from Jaco Electronics

Excellent graphs and other factors that help the quick understanding and facilitation.

I have benefited from the use of SogoSurvey because with this software I have managed to understand the opinions I receive, seeing them through graphics and knowing which opinions were positive and which opinions were negative.

Pros

What I like most about SogoSurvey is that it is a software that focuses on the understanding of the results, in this way they show results in graphic form and with many other factors that help to understand.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SogoSurvey, I think that these prices put them so high because their functions are very good and resulting, but I would like them to be lower and more accessible.

October 2015

Lindie from University of Worcester

October 2015

Where have you been all my (student) life???!!!

I've been having real trouble finding a simple easy and, most importantly cost effective way of arranging my study questionnaire and analysing my data for my dissertation. Having trawled the web looking at offerings from Survey Monkey, LimeSurvey, GoSci, to name a few, I was getting more and more frustrated, by either the cost involved in getting something decent to work with or the complicated way of accessing sites, or creating questions. In some cases all three! sogosurvey.com/is really easy to use. Setting up the questionnaire couldn't be simpler. The variety of question formats meant I didn't have to completely restructure the questions I had already devised on paper. The data analysis is also really easy to interpret, another important factor for someone who is not 'statistically minded. I am curious about the results of the verbatim report as my study is mixed methodology, I haven't got to using it yet, but if the rest of product is anything to go by it should simplify my task tremendously!! The customer service via email is surprisingly quick and effective at providing answers to questions. While it may not be personal `on the phone support' I have been reassured by the speed of response, and actually prefer this as, being a mom of two, I am not always sat at my desk waiting for a phone call and I can deal with issues in my time. For students there is a very cheap way of gaining access to all ofsogosurvey.com/ fab features, click the link below to find out more. http://www.sogosurvey.com/pricing/Free-Student-Plans.aspx . If you already have ideas for your dissertation or are looking for ideas SoGo is definitely worth a look!

Annie from Oracle

SogoSurvey cares about connecting the client better.

I have benefited from the use of SogoSurvey because I have managed to understand much more the opinion of each client, knowing in percentage, what they like and what they do not like about our services.

Pros

I like SogoSurvey because it is totally different from other platforms that offer the service of surveys, since this one in particular, focuses on graphically showing the opinions of people, sorts each opinion in graphs with percentages.

Cons

I have no complaints about SogoSurvey, this software has no errors, its prices are stable and accessible to anyone and its functions are truly innovative.

GENEVIEVE from AMADEA CONSULTANTS

EASY TO USE FOR PROFESSIONAL PURPOSES- NICE

-- experience in support provided for exaplanations on the different options for designing as I had to design a tailor-made survey for one of my customers: it's not really efficient from my point of view. I asked for support 3 times. I got some support by call and remote demonstration. The support assistant made it very quickly, so I couldn't really follow the explanations to do it again on my own. I think that it was not really pedagogical. The support assistant also led me to a "tutorial" but this was not always a consistent to my questions... So I had to experience by myself all the options and see how it worked on my own. At the end I succeeded this way -- the upgrade subscription : I asked for help to explain to me how I had to proceed. This was well explained by e-mail and I managed to do it in due time.

Pros

Once we know the different options for desiginng a survey, it's really easy to use. I could then realize tailor-made and detailed surveys. They were very appreciated by the customer.

Cons

The explanations of the different desigining options, the differences between them are not that clear at the beginning.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Replied February 2020

Thank you for leaving a review, Genevieve. Our team is here to support you! You can always reach us at support1@sogosurvey.com.