• Pros

• "The Customer Service Experience was excellent. "

• "Very user friendly Timely and very helpful technical support "

• "user friendly, easy to use. I was able to fine the customer, change information, leave note and reminders."

• Cons

• "this doesn't applied to me, as of today I have no negative/cons things to say about this software"

• "As with all 'off the shelf' products, there are some limitations on customization and configuration. With that being said, we haven't encountered anything that we haven't been able to work around."

• "I liked the software. It is hard to say what I didn't like. "

Browse MuniBilling Reviews

Danielle from Bent Creek Utility, Inc.

First Class Service

Pros

The customer service during the switch was absolutely fantastic. We were able to get in touch with support many different ways whenever we needed it. The program is so intuitive and the features just make sense. It almost feels like it was customized just for us!

Cons

The transition took a lot of very detailed data gathering and review, but this is to be expected when making a switch of this magnitude. However, they staff at Munibilling were so helpful and patient. Any hiccups were fixed willingly and in a very timely manner. I really have nothing negative to say.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Quickbooks is great for our bookkeeping, and we still use it for those tasks. However, with our growing customer database we needed a software that was more intuitive and flexible for customer service feature needs.

Jeffrey from City of Rutland DPW

Industry: Utilities

Third transition in two years

Our community was half way through conversion to AMI by Fathom when they shut down. We cobbled things together while seeking a new billing platform, and switched to MuniBilling immediately following the end of a quarterly billing cycle. That gave MuniBilling less than 3 months to complete and test the transition. Fathom left us with a lot of messed up accounts that we were unable to untangle, and it was costing us a lot of missed revenue. While we still had a few small issues when we printed bills through MuniBilling, the vast majority of the garbage had been magically corrected.

Pros

Unlike our previous platforms which used modified financial architecture, MuniBilling was constructed from the ground up as a utility billing platform. It is much easier to use and intuitive. We have just completed our first bill run so we still have a lot to learn but our team can operate the platform successfully without days in training sessions or 4" binders filled with processes and screen shots.

Cons

We miss a couple of features from our last platform, particularly the ability to see the meter settings within the account read history. But MuniBilling is always seeking feedback on how to improve the system and their engineering team is looking at modifications to incorporate in future updates. This is not a "take it or leave it" relationship.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

MuniBilling gave us the lowest cost option among those we investigated, and they had the very best references. The customers we spoke with could not say enough about how their team made it a relatively painless and highly successful transition. Our experience was exactly the same. Also, MuniBilling has a history of not losing clients. I certainly expect we will be with them for a very long time.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Our prior platform was the vendor for Fathom. Their customer service was great and they were very supportive given the situation we were in. But it was geared toward huge utilities and without Fathom's staff to operate it we found it to be more complex and time-consuming to operate than needed for our relatively small utility. They also required a multi-year contract which, having just been thrown into the fire by Fathom's sudden collapse, made us uncomfortable.

Amanda from Latah County

Latah County Solid Waste Department

The customer support service is outstanding.

Pros

The accuracy of the software, it is easy to use and dependable. The programmers are willing to modify reports as requested or needed.

Cons

Some of the reports can be confusing, the statement and invoice printing could be improved for customer understanding.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

To have the program designed specifically for the government department needs.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Implemented new billing procedures.

Larry from PBE Water Supply

On a downhill spiral! I'd like to withdraw my previous 5 star review from 2013.

Pros

I left an outstanding review of this product in 2013 after having used it for 1 year, however. The product remains a very inexpensive solution to billing. Daily usage and routine tasks remain easy to operate. Integration with the online payment processor which MuniBilling requires us to use is trouble free, however. For the most part, the system works without a need for customer support, however

Cons

Now for the howevers.Control of MuniBilling has apparently been sold to investors who seem to have no direct knowledge of billing software or of utility systems in general. Where we once could contact the owner/developer on his cell phone, we currently have no knowledge of who is commanding the ship, or whether we will even receive a response to a customer support ticket. Originally, the developer was making almost weekly improvements to the system, adding this or that. We could even ask for customization if desired. Now, afte r 6 year's of use, the company has apparently grown to the point that everything is just shoved down our throats. I requested that a 3 word phrase on our bills be changed to the same 2 word phrase which had previously been used , and was told that it wasn't possible. 2 days ago we received an email telling us that MuniBilling's payment provider was discontinuing all utility's ability to accept integrated phone / field-entered credit card payments for security compliance reasons. This change was going to take place in less than 2 weeks and we were warned that we should get the word out to our customers quickly for a easy transition. When I called the payment provider, the rep knew nothing about any such change. They are setting us up a new card processing account, separate from MuniBilling's account. The surprises and removal of necessary features by an ever-changing management team, over the past year, continue an undesirable trend.

Mark from Bardwell City Utilities

One Year Update

The system integrates with AMR/AMI and Sensus very well. We manage Electric, Water/Sewer and NGas systems all through metered use and Solid Waste through fixed charges and MuniBilling performs beautifully. The best thing about the system is the people the take care of the customers. Systems mean nothing without strong people behind them. The front line person and their ability and attitude reflect on the entire organization and the team at MuniBilling is first class.

Pros

Powerful Adaptable User Friendly

Cons

None.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

End of useful life for ACS

Brigette from Village of Perrysville

Village of Perrysville Review about MuniBilling software

My overall experience with MuniBilling has been wonderful. The support team has always treated me with the upmost respect. Whenever I need help there has never been an occasion that it has taken more than an hour to get the help I need.

Pros

I like the software because it is very user friendly. When I started using the software a year ago I had no idea what I was doing. I have been using it a year now and I very seldom have to call support for help. When I do call for support the support team is very patient, they always guides me through what I have to do step by step, and they explain what I am doing. I love the reports I am able to print out to let me know past due balances and totals year to date. I cannot express enough on how user friendly the software is. The tabs at the top of each page really help you to know where you have to go to make changes.

Cons

There is not anything that I have found so far that I do not like about the software.

Victoria from Del Paso Manor Water District

Excellent Program!

Overall the program is excellent! The conversion team was always helpful even when I had a special request. I would definitely recommend this program to others.

Pros

The overall program is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be great if I was able to move through each account once by one instead of having to go back to the search screen and input another account number. Also, a more detailed user manual would be helpful.

It was less expensive.

Mid May 2020

Maureen from Sister Lakes Area Utilities Authority

Pros

Easy to use, we needed a new billing company and Munibilling was referred to us. Price is affordable for our small company. Questions are answered in a timely manner.

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about this program.

Katrina from Village of Canisteo

Great Program and Support Team

Pros

The staff was great at providing any reports we needed and customized our invoices.. We held weekly webinars to make sure we transitioned from our old program to Munibilling was smoothly. The conversion team inputted all our data from the old system so our staff was not tied up for hours during the conversion. I would highly recommend this service to anyone looking for a modern Utility Program.

Cons

I wish the Customer Portal was not such a high monthly fee. I also wish there was an option easily draft ACH files without using their payment processor.

Very affordable!

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Our old system is very dated and we loved the web based platform which made it so easy to access the information anywhere!

Julie from Utility Metering Solutions

Muni Billing review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the conversions team has been above and beyond helpful with helping to get this program up and running for our client

Pros

The support team is very helpful and patient.

Cons

I would like to see some more report options

Betty from City of Sale City

City Clerk

Getting water billing completed on a timely basis, thus the ability to increase city's income on a regular basis.

Pros

Very user friendly Timely and very helpful technical support

Cons

Problems encountered when we switched to Google Chrome.

Pauline from The Thoroughbred Center

Industry: Facilities Services

Stall billing

We started with the support staff who worked with us to program MuniBilling to our needs and then acted as our account manager for some time. When he moved on, the other one took over and didn't miss a beat. I have always been very, very happy with the service and appreciate all the help that we have received. I look forward to working with him more as we continue.

Pros

We have a very specific and unusual need for billing. We operate a thoroughbred training facility and we rent by both stall and barn. There is a wide variety of billing accounts that come into play throughout the month. When we needed a desperate upgrade from a previously customized program to something else that would work for our needs, MuniBilling provided us with the ability to customize and create something that carried the same elements as what we used previously.

Cons

Because we were trying to keep it as similar as possible to a previous program, there are several parts that require individual processes to complete. While this is not difficult, it does create more opportunity for human error to mess with the system and no way to fix other than an adjustment. I wish it had a better editing option.

Brent from VUS

Industry: Utilities

Excellent solution for Multi-Family Property utility billing!

This is a highly capable utility billing product with great functionality, ease of use and strong customer support. We came onboard with MuniBilling in 2018 and it's been a smooth transition every step of the way, thanks to their outstanding staff and customer support.

Pros

This cloud-based product is very user-friendly and works exceptionally well for us to bill utilities across numerous apartment communities. We reviewed a number of different products before we selected MuniBilling and are certain that we made the right choice. It's capable of handling a variety of complex rate structures and all of the unique aspects associated with billing Multi-Family properties. In addition, their customer support team has been fantastic and there for us every step of the way!

Patricia from Tiverton Wastewater District

Excellent customer service

I requested a new group of customers added by MuniBilling instead of adding them one at a time myself. The team got them entered correctly and on time, with minimial imput. It saved me many hours of work and is greatly appreciated!

Pros

The customer service is very responsive and easy to contact. I get a person on the phone whenever I call, and have a dedicated Account Manager. If the rep isn't available the individual that answers the call is very capable of answering my questions or helping me with any issue. Great service and good software product.

Cons

The instruction manual could be more comprehensive, or have instructional videos available.

Kevin from Village of Genoa

Village of Genoa

Outstanding

Pros

Easy navigation. Easier look up for reports. Better and faster support.

Cons

Some missing reports from last software but Muni staff has been very cooperative in adapting the program to meet our needs.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

They did not do electric.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Cost and failure of their newest software.

Christine from Village of Joy

MuniBilling and The Village

This keeps all the billing complete in one place, very user friendly, and organized. Customer support is amazing and very easy to work with. Big Plus!

Pros

The access to customer service as needed - such a great group of people!

Cons

Billing component updates. This seems to be the most tedious but nessary task.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

This decision was made before I started with the municipality, however, I am grateful for the opportunity to use it as it saves tons of time.

Sabrenna from city of bevil oaks

munibilling review

We have had an amazing experience with Munibilling in the process of going live! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been amazing! Any time we have questions, they go above and beyond to make sure that we understand everything! What usually is supposed to be a 20 minute phone call turns into an hour phone call most of the time because they are being so thorough. I highly recommend this company! Thank you for all of your help to the whole team!

Pros

It is a huge upgrade compared to the old company that we used! It is way more accurate when it comes to pulling the correct usage, so the customers get billed correctly.

Cons

We have not had any problems so far. There were a couple things that had to be corrected but it is just a small bump in the road compared to what we have dealt with in the past.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

The company we had before wasn't working properly, and as far as I know, never did. There were several people that had more usage than they were supposed to have on a base bill which is 1,000 gallons or less but were still getting charged a base bill, so therefor we were losing money, which is a problem in itself.

Ann from UNION CHURCH WATERWORKS

Much easier to use

Pros

The ease of getting support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the greatest. He is very patient and explains things thoroughly

Cons

Nothing. Everything is great so far. So easy to use

Inhance was hard to use

Mike from Resolve Partners

Excellent Customer Service

The software serves our needs in utility billing well. The differentiator between them and others lies in the customer support. Our Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is attentive, friendly, and seemingly always available to help us accomplish our goals.

Pros

The Customer Service Experience was excellent.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software performs well.

Benjamin from Inframark, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

MuniBilling - The Standard for Efficiency and Enhanced Service

We were able to improve our field service thanks to the improved software, excellent customer service reps, and overall improvement associated with MuniBilling's full service option.

Pros

The efficiency and realized cost savings that the software and full-service option from MuniBilling provided to my company, our clients, and the customers we serve on behalf of our clients.

Cons

No cons associated with the software or the switch from in-house CS&B to MuniBilling's full service.

Beth from City of Arcadia

MuniBilling saved the day for the City of Arcadia!

Our former Utility Billing company notified us on November 12, 2019 that they were going our of business with an effective end date of November 30, 2019. MuniBilling worked with us and had our data converted had us up and running on the MuniBilling software on December 2, 2019.

Pros

The ease of use. We have a busy office and having all the appropriate things on one screen for easy access is very important.

Cons

We are still in the very early stages (less than two months) with MuniBilling. There are not a lot of issues with it, mostly just things that are different from the software we are used to. They listen to our suggestions and make any changes they are able to.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

MuniBilling was the company who offered us all the pieces of billing we needed: CIS Software; billing; printing of bills; and a customer call center. They were the only company who said they could get us up and running quickly. AND THEY DID!

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Fathom went out of business

Rhoda` from Westmoreland County

Good product.

I came in last June not know anything about the software. I feel now that I can do anything I need to with it.

Pros

Cons

I don't have any for what I use it for. We have had to come up with an excel file for collections, that would not give us what the collections company wanted. so, we had to paid to create one.

new job

Heather from Village of Perrysville

WONDERFUL!

Fantastic customer support. Was able to talk me threw the entire process I needed. ALWAYS willing to help!

Pros

Very simple to use!! Totally new user and I have found this system fantastically easy

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like about this software!.

Deborah from City Of South Charleston

Munibilling

I love the fact that anytime I have a problem and call our rep he is on it, and if he isn't available he gets back to me as soon as possible,or someone always try to help, the ease of the software, the fact that customer can pay on line and set up auto pay, the system run quick, i also like i can have more then one session open its helpful when running reports and customer comes in to make a payment

Pros

I can now generated the invoices and put the late fees on and don't have to call and remind someone every month.

Bobbi from City of Horseshoe Bay

excelent

Pros

the support team is always available and willing to help in any way possible

Cons

nothing, it is very easy to use and the customer support is awesome

Martha from Borough of Morton

MuniBilling Review

Pros

The reports are easy to understand, many reports to choose from

Cons

Account screen can sometimes be difficult to navigate and understand

Stephen from LSU System

Does the job

We can stay on top of all the meters we have on campus and the easily modifiable route reports are top notch. Munibilling was able to implement new strategies in metering.

Pros

Reporting structure is very good and is always improving.

Cons

I don't use the accounting features or accounts receivable module so I can't comment on that. It did take some time to get everything setup as this university has some very odd situations.

Dara from Harris County MUD 50

Dara Eng

Spectacular!

Pros

User friendly and great customer support.

Cons

Wish there was an advance search. Instead, I'd have to search through reports, export and minimize to locate what I'm searching for.

jennifer from Utility Strategies Consulting Group

Small Utility Business Loves It

Overall, we're very happy with the ease of the system, how quickly we're able to enter our utility reads/bills and payments into the system. We're 1 entity with three unique utility entities under it. And having all of those in 1 software program has been a game changer.

Pros

We are a small utility company handling the utilizes for a local Indian Tribe. We love the flexibility and ability to use the system from any location and how the tribes members can access their accounts and look at their monthly usage.

Cons

Our business is complex, so it isn't anything about the software that is a con, just a con in trying to fit our unique situations into 1 system. Overall, though there aren't any cons that would cause us to regret using the software.

KYler from Phoenix Water Solutions

Great Customer Service

They tend to always be there when we need them

Pros

They are always very open to helpng us with difficult questions

Cons

There truly is not any large put backs of the company.

Kimberly from City of Yamhill

Overall efficiency, and function-ability

Pros

Very user friendly, cost efficient for small agency

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Issues that we could not resolve

Becky from Lee Acres Water Users Association

So far so good!!!

We have had a few changes we wanted and they were able to incorporate those for us. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We set up meetings for certain days for training and it was awesome.

Pros

Many in depth information features for our company that we did not have in our old software They cass certify, print and mail out our bills for us which is a wonderful feature!

Cons

So much information that it has taken us a bit to learn but getting better after couple of months

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

Felt it covered all the features and information we needed.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Didn't receive updates when requested. The company just seemed to decide to leave it as a dinosaur!

Kirsten from County of Colusa

Good Choice

Working with the team at MuniBilling has made for an easy & quick transition from our prior software. They addressed all our questions and needs. Training was conducted via the web and all participants were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Billing has become a breeze and we are saving time and resources.

Pros

We are very happy with the functionality and ease of use.

Cons

Haven't used long enough to find anything adverse.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

There were several factors that went into our selection process, but the top two reasons MuniBilling was our final choice was functionality and price.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

Our previous software was antiquated and no longer supported.

Marsha from Village of Beaver

wonderful

the program was fairly new when I took over, I have had no problems with it. The support staff has been wonderful to work with

Pros

very user friendly, support staff is wonderful

Cons

I think the pricing is on the higher side, but the usability makes it worth it

Chris from SYNC Residential

Utility Billing Made Easy

The implementation process is quick, easy, and painless. The conversions team is very friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping launch the software. Overall, the software is easy to use and manage, and it makes the utility billing process quick and efficient.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, requires minimal training, and users can intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks on their own.

Cons

I don't really have any cons regarding the software. Any time an issue presents itself, the team at MuniBilling has been rather quick to resolve the issue timely.

Kathy from Lusted Water District

Industry: Utilities

Excellent customer support service!

Pros

I most appreciate and rely on the immediate excellent customer support each time I have a problem large or small. Our executive is especially awesome.

Cons

A challenge to integrate with QuickBooks, but we are ironing out the issues.

Janice from City of Hammond

MuniBilling Review

Pros

Easy to use, easy to find information. Simplified our process immensely!!

Cons

Reports are sometimes challenging to figure out which report for the information I'm looking.

SAVY from Blue Sky Utility

MuniBilling Review

Dealing with knowledgeable staffs is always a plus. My account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great. He always goes above and beyond with our needs and if he doesn't have the answer, he'll find out and respond back in a timely manner.

Pros

I like that munibilling is able to customized the software based on our application and business needs.

Cons

A few kinks to iron out due to our business module, but other than that, it's great!

Robin from South Ellis County Water Supply Corp.

Great Customer Service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is AWESOME! Quick response, gets the understanding of why I need something and explains and shows what is already available to see if it will work for me. If it doesn't he gets to work on resolving the issue and getting me what I need. His response and resolution time is top notch!

Pros

still in the learning stage... Customer portal is a very big pro

Cons

still in the learning stage ... Reporting and CC remote issues

Jonathon from King George County Service Authority

New customer

Our overall experience with MuniBilling has been okay. The high point of their company is the transition team/account managers. We worked with primarily two individuals [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was readily available to answer questions or assist with data transfer or data setup issues. Some of those problems were software compatibility issues that required coordination between MuniBilling and other software companies. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company has also reached out on multiple occasions to check on our feedback and how we felt about their service.

Pros

The search engine in the software can be used to find multiple things within an account.

Cons

The customer usage detail is not in easy read format. Needs to be more straightforward.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

We wanted a full service option for our utility billing needs.

Tim from Isabella County - Drain Office

Industry: Government Relations

MuniBilling Review

Pros

The program is self contain, if I have any questions, I'm able to contact MuniBilling. Has multiple reports/functions. I just need to learn which report is for what.

Cons

I do not use the program enough to stay familiar with it, every 3-4 weeks. Can't always follow a "balance sheet" when doing a billing from one billing to the next billing (Quarterly billings).

omowale from Water Undertaking

Industry: Government Relations

MuniBilling Review

The processes of collecting readings, preparing bills and adding on payments are now easier and faster call can done within second and minutes.

Pros

the fast pay entry feature, the meter reading app, meter reading review and the search is real easy the account just pop up on screen

Cons

no cons the software performs well and is user friendly.

Molly from City of Ensign

December 2014

Best Online Utility Billing Software Out There!!!!

My Municipality has used this software for the past few years and I have yet to see one con in the ease of use, customer service, or overall quality of the system. Online billing software allows a company the ability to store and easily access customer information, billing, and payments with ease from any location and the security of backing up everything online thereby eliminates the need for an additional an backup system. The Customer support is amazingly quick and efficient. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help guide you through any obstacles you encounter even years down the road. I would never recommend another billing software to anyone! Munibilling is an overall EXCELLENT system!

Leeann from Village of Genoa

Billing Manager

Pros

It is a much faster and easier software then my former software. Speed is important when dealing with "upset" customers.

Cons

I can not say I have a dislike, I am only 3 months in to using the software.

Reasons for Switching to MuniBilling

I was not in on making this decision.

October 2013

Larry from PBE Water Supply

October 2013

MuniBilling keeps getting better and better

Whe had been looking for a billing solution for our small water utility for quite some time. We definitely found what we were looking for in MuniBilling. The system has everything and more than we thought possible. I have never had the good fortune to deal with a customer service team such as this one. We can literally make a suggestion ar ask for an upgrade and it will undoubtedly be ready to use within a matter of days. These guys are absolutely great. No way could we have been fortunate enough to run into a business such as MuniBilling, with everything we wanted in a billing solution, plus a whole lot more, and all at an unbelievably low price.

March 2015

Linda from Town of Lakewood Village

March 2015

Lakewood Village

We switched to MuniBilling after the software we were using no longer fit our needs. The transfer of customer account data was handled by the MuniBilling team with meticulous attention to detail. The technical support provided is outstanding. We are a small municipality but they are never too busy to spend whatever amount of time it takes to help us resolve an issue or walk us through the steps to accomplish a task. Our customers are now enjoying the benefits of a superior utility billing software.

Jamie from City of Caseville

December 2014

Excellent choice for your Utility Billing needs!

If you are searching for a Utility Billing program for you, you have found it. This company has a great program that is easy to use. You will find that their entire staff is beyond outstanding! You call them with any issue and they will fix it right away. Got special needs for your organization? No problem for them, they will change the program to fit your personal needs. You can't go wrong with this company, and I think you be happy once you join with the rest of us!

Mark from Leading Edge Power Solutions

Industry: Oil & Energy

Wonderful experience

I would highly recommend them to any company.

Pros

Easy to use, very professional, great support, the total package. We have complete confidence in their ability to handle the important issue of handling our money.

Cons

I really have no cons on this product. They are truly a wonderful one stop shop and very professional.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

Best of all the software packages we looked at. They were very helpful during the sales process.

Steven from Village of Pigeon

Munibilling

Munibilling has been very good to work with. The transition from our old Utility Billing went very smooth and the staff at Munibilling were very helpful. We have been using Munibilling for a year and have been very satisfied with the product and the company. The staff is very helpful and patient with me as I learn the program. This is the 3 Utility Billing Program I have used in the last seven years and it is the most user friendly.

Judi from Spring City Borough

Review for MuniBilling

The customer service was very helpful. Maybe because of it being the first time there were alot of errors on the registers. The bill seemed to be correct except for a few.

Pros

I like the software. I like the setup of the billing. Very easy to read and understand.

Cons

I liked the software. It is hard to say what I didn't like.