All Freshservice Reviews

Rich

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

PROS

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

CONS

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Tony

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Freshservice - Great ITSM tools and keeps on improving.

I really like Freshservice and it keeps being improved. They continually innovate and adding AI that can do ticket translations and summaries is really good for us as an international company. Support has been fantastic also.

PROS

The ease of deployment for Freshservice was great. We were quickly up and running and the automation features are really good. They have recently also improved the AI capabilities which is good to see and constantly seem to improve the product.

CONS

Reporting can be complicated. We had issues with line managers trying to create their own reports and then questioning the results as the criteria can be complex to understand. They have inbuild basic reports and these are OK

Reason for choosing Freshservice

ServiceNow was excellent but was too costly once we got quotes for this. ManageEngine was not as good at integrating with the platforms that we used and Freshservice hit the sweet spot between the 2 competing products.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Jira was too complicated and costly compared to the features that you get. Integrations also seemed to cost extra for each integration that you needed. It was not well received by our helpdesk team and they have really loved the change.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Great software, spotty support

I have had several tickets so far where the second level support team have sworn could not work or told me that the functionality is not possible, forcing me to push back on them. At this point they suddenly realise that the product can actually do what I have said all along it should, only a bug is in the way. On at least one occuration, they acknowledged a bug, spent weeks ignoring it, then when I asked for an update swore it wasn't a bug at all and I was just doing things wrong.... thus forcing me to escalate the case. In fact, on one occassion they submitted a set of incorrect repro steps, then blamed *me* for the mistake they made and told me there wasn't any problem!

PROS

FreshService is one of those frustrating products where the potential is so high and overall execution is done very well, but is let down by ridiculous bugs and even worse support. If Fresh could get to grips with this then I'd score them *very* highly. Unfortunately, they have not proven to be able to achieve this.

CONS

Reporting is dire. Bugs galore in modules you would not expect. Obvious features are missing, you try to work around them... and encounter a bug.

Yasceine

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Freshservice HelpDesk Overview

It is a friendly-use module, easy to manage.

PROS

focus on simplicity and ease of use customization options

CONS

the discount policy which stipulates that one cannot get a discount if the user number is less than 20 user.

Kabuta

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best IT Management Features With Freshservice

PROS

I like that it houses best IT management features It makes IT ticketing easy It is very helpful as a help desk

CONS

So far no issues with Fresgservice. It has been really instrumental.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Good value and easy to implement and use

We have been happy with Freshservice and consider it a good value in comparison to some of the other Desks out there that provide similar service. We particular enjoy features like round robin ticket assignment, asset discovery and tracking, and providing a Knowledge Base for both Users (Requesters) and Agents.

PROS

We rely on the ticket system primarily to manage steps to resolution and archive past interactions and solutions. FreshService provides this functionality with little back-end effort on our part. Though somewhat limited, we do appreciate the ability to customize our portal.

CONS

Adding MSP's can be a confusing process. As it stands, you have to open a trial account then merge it into your main Desk. Last time we did this, FreshService failed to convert the account properly and we ended up being billed for the "trial" account. It took us several weeks to get the billing resolved. I recommend working with a live agent right off the bat to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

Freshservice offered more features for less than comparable services. The Agent and Administrator online interface is also aesthetically appealing and easy to tailor to our needs.

Rob

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues. FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

PROS

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

CONS

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

Costs (yes, I'm Dutch..) the tool has it all and the ease of working with it.

Costs

Tom

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice Review

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

PROS

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

CONS

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

Cost and ease of customization

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Shayla

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

An excellent customer service tool, Freshservice

We primarily use this system as our IT support ticketing system. The process of getting set up was manageable, and their customer service has been fantastic. Even though we'd like to see more individualization in the HR/IT onboarding requests we've developed, we've already done a lot of the groundwork. We had previously invested in Asset Management but have now abandoned it. You get out of the knowledge base what you put into it in terms of content updates and documentation.

PROS

Super simple for both IT managers and regular employees to learn and utilize. According on your membership plan, you have access to a wide variety of optional add-ons for your control panel. Extremely flexible, albeit occasionally annoying limitations surface.

CONS

In comparison to the things it provides, Freshservice's price tag is a touch steep, and the company's support team has occasionally experienced technical difficulties that have slowed its response times.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

The response time from support is good, and the quality is decent. There are many options, both free and for a price, for enhancing one's standard of living. All in all, utilizing our SSO/MFA via Active Directory connectivity and

Lillian

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Freshservice is a top-notch help desk solution

I use Freshservice to stay on top of my workload and respond quickly to any incidents that arise, most of which are related to technology at the company where I work.

PROS

The best thing about Freshservice is how simple and straightforward it is to use, both for end users and for the system administrator. Even first-time users will have no trouble grasping and implementing workflows because to the intuitive nature of the UI.

CONS

Since I use Freshservice on a daily basis for both my job and my company, and since it is so intuitive and simple to operate, I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

It's simple to understand for administrators and end users alike, and it doesn't take long to upgrade and maximize its potential. The already great core product may be improved with the help of the many valuable integrations made possible by the Freshservice marketplice.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Freshservice - Fresh thinking, fresh system.

The interaction with the account team and the ease of migration to the full-blown service was seamless. A really impressive offering, that does what you expect and more.

PROS

Its simplicity to deploy and customise to your needs is a real bonus for Freshservice, when compared with other offerings in the market.

CONS

We have no real misgivings on Freshservice.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Need the more powerful tooling offering to provide end to end ITIL functionality.

Gemma

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Happy with Freshservice

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

PROS

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

CONS

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

Price

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

I needed an all in solutions with assest management, change and problem management

Braden

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Great IT software

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

PROS

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

CONS

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Wanted a more modern solution with more options and a web portal based on an in house software or app

Samuel

Farming, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Easily worth the price compared to free ticket systems

Extremely positive. Previously was using HESK as a free ticket system and also demo'd a few other options before settling on Freshservice. The paid features of Freshservice more then pay for themselves.

PROS

Makes dealing with a large number of tickets very simple and intuitive. Improves response time and productivity of helpdesk.

CONS

The settings/configuration is not super intuitive.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

Better pricing. Better features for internal IT departments (as opposed to MSP focused ticket systems)

Lack of features

Raghavendra

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Freshservice is a real IT service

Good tool to implement not only in IT infrastructure but also to other deparments

PROS

Collobration of tickets and task in incidents and tickets

CONS

Transferring of tickets from one instance to another instance

Reason for choosing Freshservice

User friendly and more features and reporting structure

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

The features difference and more user friendly

Max

Construction, 201-500 employees

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

PROS

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career. Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect. I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective. Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this. Lots to like here!

CONS

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Dave

Reviewed March 2018

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

PROS

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency. Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example. Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk. Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.