• Pros

• "Easy to use, great features, and fantastic tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team are very friendly and easy to talk too. "

• "It’s very customizable and super easy to work with, not cumbersome like some of the other options out there. You know who you are!"

• "The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed."

• Cons

• "It does take awhile to set up to personal preference, but any software in our profession does so it isn't really a con to a specific program. "

• "Can take a while to set up but once done it is easy.Wish some of the features were a little more photo focused ."

• "Great software just a little pricey to start with compared to some others but well worth the investment."

Browse Home Inspector Pro Reviews

Douglas from Accurate Home Inspections

Best Inspection Software on the Market

My experience has been great, I feel like the staff and I are family, they have always been there when I needed anything. No other company that I know of operates like that.

Pros

I have been using HIP since 2009, It is very customizable to my needs for all different application. They intrgrate with other service providers I have like ISN and RWS. The company is always looking for way to improve it based on customer request and providing updates. The customer support is second to none. They are always there when you need them and always have resolved any issues I had.

Cons

If I have to put something here, the only thing I can think of is sometimes it highlights a word to inform me spelling is wrong, But when I check, the spelling is correct.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Douglas, we consider you family too! It's been great to watch our users companies grow over the years and to be a part of that. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of success in 2019!

Scott from Good Life Home inspection

A plucky inspection helper

As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Pros

Cons

As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

James from Alpha Building Inspections

Simply the best!!!!!

Fantastic

Pros

All aspects of Home Inspector Pro are top notch! Makes inspections quicker, reports are easy to read and understand (rarely do I get a call back with questions about the report). Easy to create your own comments and templates, review reports, make changes, edit photos, all aspects of report writing. Now the BEST part, CUSTOMER SERVICE. Call center extremely responsive! Call back in 15 minutes, if they are on a phone. I have always had a immediate solution to my problem. Plus their Facebook page is monitored by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and many extremely knowledgable HIP Inspectors that can help 24/7. Look no further for a great Home Inspection Software!!!! We are a very busy multi inspector company in NH, we all love Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

I can not think of a any issues to point out about the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Listens to his clients and make changes as recommended by the inspectors. Always improving a great product.

Noel from Finish Line Home Inspections L.L.C.

Home Inspector Pro is a budget software you get what you pay for......

HIP is a "mid-level" reporting software that is a flexible no frills platform once you figure out "The lay of the land". What users of other premium software will miss is the ability to invoice the client from the software (uniformity), the ability to track reports by client, realtor, address or month, day and year and dollars. The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list). Home inspector pro utilizes a semi drop down menu which is functional and somewhat easy once the user gets used to the format. As for Mac users the support is lacking somewhat and has not kept pace with the OS upgrades and changes. HIP runs natively on the Mac, macbook equipment which is great but I don't believe the developer or support techs run natively on MACs. I have asked about adding features and tweaking functionality and have met with and made to feel that my circumstances were unique and no one else is experiencing my issues. For example if you select a narrative but do not move it into the report and you click on another component, you will get a pop up stating that you have a narrative highlighted that was not moved, when you click "ok" the screen changes to the selected component. The user then has to return to the previously selected component to address the narrative issue. My suggestion was to allow the current screen to remain active to address the narrative at which point the user can then migrate to the next component. Thereby saving several mouse clicks. That is just one of a few. The end result is a fantastic looking report with a somewhat ugly user interface that doesn't really save time or money over any other inspection software. Marketing that partially influenced my decision to purchase Home Inspector Pro. Yes, it is less expensive than other software but the user gets less features. OH, wait.. HIP allows the inspector to add video to the report which would be great but I have not been able to use that function and all video tutorials are specific to windows users. If you like the idea of using your smart phone or tablet you will need to shell out a monthly fee to allow transfer of the report back and forth between computer and tablet or phone. I never know what my month is going to look like so I don't want to commit to another monthly billing. It is an ok product. I think if there was another software that ran natively on the Mac that was not a lease type I might have a look.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Hi Noel, I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed but we are far from a mid level reporting software. In fact more people using Home Inspector Pro than any other software program. Our tech support hours are doubled everyone else in the industry, 7 days a week. You're right, we chose to create the best home inspection software on the market, not a combination of mediocre office management and inspection software like our competitors. The majority of our users use Inspection Support Network (ISN) for all their office needs which we fully integrate with so we can focus on the being the only software with video in PDF & HTML, popup glossaries, stationery and more. More of our developers actually use Mac machines versus Windows. The software is 100% the same between Mac and Windows so the video tutorials apply to both programs. Video works great and has for years. Try giving our support team a call at 888-750-4777 and they can help you out with all of your comments/questions.

Mike from Southern Inspection Services

Best Inspection Software Available

This was one of the best business decisions I've made for me and my company.

Pros

First of all this software is easy to use and navigate. Second, customers and realtors constantly state how easy the reports are to read. What will keep you with this software is the customer service. If needed, customer service is friendly, knowledgeable and fast. They guys go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of and know how your issue wax resolved. Love this software and company!

Cons

I have not found any issues with this software yet

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied May 2020

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help you and your company!

Michael from ALLIN Home Inspections, Inc.

Best Home Inspection Software

When you use ISN it simplifies the process even more. You complete the report send it to ISN and you are done. ISN will send the report however you have configured it. We have gotten the time down to about 20 minutes to complete the report on our pc and send it out.

Pros

HIP is the best software for customization, ease of use, photo editing, and just over all the best software on the market. The app is simple and when you get done you send it to the cloud and then finish on your pc.

Cons

I really can't say there are any cons at this time.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied February 2019

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help streamline your business and keep your nights and weekends free!

Bill from BC Warner Inspections & Thermal Imaging Services

Great software with great support team!

I have used Home Inspector Pro software for many years now. I utilize a variety of custom templates I have created for my various inspection services from Commercial Property inspections to stand alone thermal imaging services. The reports turn out professional and the software significantly reduces time spent writing those reports. HIP is an integral part of my inspection business arsenal!

Pros

The templates and overall report are very customizable to suit a variety of inspection needs.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Home Inspector Pro. New features continue to be released to improve on already great inspection software. Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly! It only takes a little understanding of the backend of the software to fully embrace its many features!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied February 2019

Thanks Bill! It's been awesome to watch you grow over the years and all the different aspects of inspections that you've done and templates you've made with HIP!

Daniel from Dynamic Inspections

Sets the bar for Inspection software

Pros

Software was easy to use, had alot of customizable features. Reports looked good. Good integration with 3rd party services. Perhaps the best thing going for this software is the customer service/support.

Cons

Back when I used this software the mobile software was pretty clunky, which eventually led to me changing softwares. It appears it has now been improved.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2020

Hi Daniel! Yes, a lot has changed over the last few years with our mobile software and with our new HIP Office Scheduling System release there will be even more coming to it. We have continued to innovate for 15 years in this industry and have a lot more coming! Feel free to message me at Help@HomeInspectorPro.com if you'd like to check out some of our great new features.

Chris from Chris Rippy Inc

Friends with the boss.

Although there have been some ups and downs, you would expect that with any software out there but the overall experience is an outstanding one and even though I’m friends with the boss at home inspector pro, I would use this product and will continue to use it until I retire which isn’t any time soon!

Pros

Cons

Sometimes difficult to use with Apple products.

Simonne from Atlantic Building Inspections

Streamline your business

We have really enjoyed the software and we have gotten great feedback from clients about it.

Pros

The ease of integration with Inspection Support Network and not having to upload separate files for clients.

Cons

It is hard to be able to update from a phone when you need to quickly update a report for a client or agent

Reasons for Choosing Home Inspector Pro

Support was great, they walked us through setup and still help with problems and issues.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2020

Thanks Simmone. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the software! We have a lot of great things coming out soon as well. Stay tuned!

Joshua from Center Point Inspection Services

Great product with even better customer support

Pros

I downloaded several trial programs when I first started in the inspection business. I felt more comfortable with HIP than the others. I originally just used it on my laptop but transitioned into the mobile version for my Ipad. I don't know how anyone could do an inspection any other way. If I ever have an issue or problem, I can contact customer support and the problem is taken care of almost immediately. I have been using this program for several years now with really no complaints. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a new inspector or a veteran. Very user friendly Multiple downloadable templates Customer support is second to none Compliant with TREC guildelines Frequent updates

Cons

I really don't have any complaints with the software.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Josh. We're glad to be a part of your companies success!

Sheehan from OnSite Home Inspections

Home Inspector Pro is the Best Software Out There

Pros

Using the software is straight-forward and simple. Actions are easily completed with taps on mobile or clicks on desktop. Taking pictures and captioning them is a breeze. The report that is generated both in PDF and HTML formats is beautiful and easy-to-read. Clients love the summary and prioritization of issues by color coding. On top of having an excellent product, the team at Home Inspector Pro and the owner are accessible and respond quickly to support issues. It's a no brainer to use Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

It takes awhile to build up narratives, captions, and customization. You can start with a template and then edit it and update it to your liking as you go. I've done this and have continued to update my narrative library over the past 7 years.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Sheehan. We're glad HIP is working so well for your company!

Matt from Safe Check Home Inspections,LLC

If you want to be the best you need to use the best!

Pros

When I started my inspection business I used a competitor. I quickly found out that I was sending my clients sub par reports. I soon realized that if I want to be the best, I needed to use the best software. HIP works seemlessly with ISN and I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out or is a seasoned pro. I am sure that HIP has helped Safe Check Home Inspections become one of the most Google reviewed inspection companies in Columbus, Ohio because we deliver an awesome, detailed report. Thank you HIP!!

Cons

I wish HIP would realize that MAC is superior to PC and release new versions on MAC first, ir at least the same time.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Matt for the great review!! We've appreciated all your feedback and software input over the years!!

Jennifer from Next Jen Inspections LLC

Absolutely love Home Inspector Pro! Awesome support, completely Mac compatible, great time saver!

Ease of use, faster inspection report writing, professional report appearance with the ability to customize it to my personal preference, batch adding pictures which is AWESOME, the ability to use videos in my reports, glossary to help clients understand the technical side of things, and that is just a little of what Home Inspector Pro software is capable of. Definitely recommend it and if you have a Mac... don't shy away, it works great on them!

Pros

I use only Mac, and I have it on everything from my desktop down to my phones. It works awesome and is 100% compatible. There is no freezing, no lagging, and the customer support is beyond amazing which is a huge difference to the other software programs I have used. You can tell they truly care about their clients and their experience and respond quickly to any questions or issues. They offer free training and even will do one on one help sessions so that you understand how to operate within the program, which came in handy when my last software became incompatible due to an update. The free trial was the perfect answer to solve a crisis situation and the one on one help meant I was able to get a report out on time, have since switched over to the paid version and have been using it daily and love it!

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Jennifer, it's been a pleasure to work with you guys!

Michael from Ashburn Inspections

Been using th software daily for over 5 years

Using Home Inspector Pro software has allowed me to streamline my inspection process and HONNE the capacity to be accurate and efficient on every home. Updating the software template is very easy and I change it at least once a month as we are constantly learning every day new methods, techniques and about different components. I have recommended the software to several inspectors in my area who also use it. Thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team for always having excellent customer service!!

Pros

Updating the templates to reflect current changes in the industry and a more streamlined profile is quite simplistic to achieve.

Cons

The initial set up took a little time as with any software that would be utilized for this industry.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Mike! We're honored to be apart of your company and growth!

Michael from Merino's Home Inspection & Education Inc.

The review dated Jan. 16 2018 obviously is not a user of the software, most likely a competitor.

Pros

I have used the software for 10 yrs and my reports have always been narrative. The report can be checklist, narrative or a hybrid of both if you want. The user decides. User input is used to design the software, most updates are programmed because inspectors have asked for features and HIP uses that input to make improvements. The forum even has a wishlist to document the feature you want to see implemented. Everything in the software can be customized.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2018

Thanks Mike. We greatly appreciate your feedback and usage for the last 10 years!

John from Starmark Home Inspections

March 2009

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program.

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program. They offer plentiful features and then some. It's easy to get started. From it's video tutorials, to it's message board, to it's tech support staff to it's easy of use to it's many features it's not only easy to get started and come up with a great site but it has all the stuff to get a website online that will improve your business! I'm looking forward to that!

Pros

I'm been searching for an inexpensive way to design and maintain a website myself. But I also wanted an amazing site with loads of features. I also needed alot of tech support because this is a new area for me. Well I got all of that with Home Inspector Pro. Great themes, lots of choices, not just the same theme with different colors and uses. Real tech support too. Real answers and SEO suggestions. Couldn't have done it on my own. At least not in the time frame I have. The price is so reasonable. Can't pass up this great deal. There are so many features too. There are so many very different looks you can design your website to look like. It's a winner! There's also a message board with lots of tips and video tutorial of how to get started. It's great!

Cons

I would start with a website with a simple design and then add the cool features. You would get the content out first and get the bulk of your website up and running. Then work on the extra features. The fonts are the only draw back so far. But that's probably me. I keep changing the font size and boldness. But that is such a minor thing.

Mark from HandyWorks by Mark

Love it

Their software makes some beautiful reports. Very happy with the software and my clients love the reports.

Pros

Their customer support is over the top. I had my report freeze on my tablet and they were able to help me with very quickly. Every dealing I have had with them had been awesome! I recommend them to all my inspector friends.

Cons

Have nothing to say against the software. Highly recommend it.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thank you Mark. We're glad HIP is everything you want it to be. We're working hard to make sure it's constantly improving for you and your business!

Jim from Linkhorn Inspection Group

Easy, organized and appreciated by clients

Thus software allows me to complete a typical inspection in 3 hours state to report delivered to client. Support is excellent.

Pros

This is a simple format to guide you through a thorough inspection. Realtors and clients like the final report. Easy to follow.

Cons

Have no complaints. When issues arise the support team is ready to assist.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the great review Jim. Linkhorn Inspections is one of the biggest inspection firms in the nation and has been rocking it with HIP for a long time!

Bob from Chicago property Inspection

Been using HIP for over 10 years and thousands of reports. It is the best a Home Inspector can use .

Gives me a amazing reputation among Clients as final product is how you are remembered .

Pros

Best mobile and photo reporting possible with great final product appearance .Support is amazing and well known to be the best .The other guy saying it was bad must be off his rocker.

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Bob! Your input over the years has helped to make Home Inspector Pro (HIP) a great product!

ron from Sealtite

Industry: Facilities Services

HIP

This is a good company -

Pros

I perform a Maintenance /Safety Audits for several non profit group homes (about 90 per year) and I found the Home Inspector Pro software can be easily adapted to my customers needs. I don't do attic or roof inspections however I look for trip hazards, safety issues and maintenance items and I can customize the software to make my job more complete. I have been using HIP cloud service for about 4 years without any problems. HIP customer service is the best - when on a job 200 miles from my office - I know I can reach a service rep and figure out what I need to fix the issue. I have had the support staff who call me back several times to solve my issues over the years.

Cons

Not much - the online training video's help

Greg from Diamond Property Inspections

Industry: Information Services

Home Inspector Pro is AWESOME!

Professional inspectuon reports printed on-site.

Pros

Not only does this software have the most feature available at the best possible price. The customer service is out of this world. Customer rep and his team are always accessible. I have been using HIP for close to 9 years now and it is fantastic!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Greg! It's been great working with you and the other CREIA board members over the years! I look forward to watching your continued growth.

Alton from ATN Inspection Services, LLC

The best home inspection reporting software that I have used.

Time savings, great looking report, complete flexibility to perform an inspection of a 900 square ft. residence or a 90,000 square ft. commercial space.

Pros

The ability to customize templates, and the flexibility to change templates on the fly. You can go from performing a thermal imaging report with video at an industrial facility to completing a roof inspection at a residential structure without missing a beat.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Alton!

Paul from McGehee Home Inspections, LLC

Great program.

It’s been great. Cut my time of each inspection by an average of 1.5 hours. Well worth the money and I would and do highly recommend this product.

Pros

Cons

I like everything about this software program.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Paul. We're happy to have helped you get your nights and weekends back. Saving 1.5 to 3 hours a night is HUGE!

DARRELL from Left Coast Inspections

Highly recomend

The software has allowed me to get my reports completed much faster thereby giving me more time for fun.

Pros

The software is customizable to each inspector.

Cons

I takes some time to get things the way you want them. Gladly trade that time for the ability to tailor it to my liking.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Darrell for being such a great user and for the review. It's greatly appreciated!

Troy from Blue Star Inspections

Best customer support in the world

Pros

Ease of use and quality of reports. They set the bar on customer service!

Cons

None that I can think of. They are constantly working on improving the system and are very open to user input

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Troy. We've appreciated your input over the years and are glad Home Inspector Pro (HIP) has been a valuable asset to your business!

Chris from CV Inspections

Awesome Product

Ease of use in the field, it really can not be beat!

Pros

You will not find a better mobile report software and the customer service is the best in the industry.

Cons

There is non I can think of. And I’m trying to think of some.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Chris! We're glad to be here to support you and your company!

Joe from Every Home Inspection LLC

Love this software

Been using it for 5 years and would not consider changing.

Pros

Customizable. I can make my reports just the way I want.

Cons

Some work involved in building your template but that goes along with customization.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Joe! It's great to have so many successful inspector companies using HIP!

Wayne from Kirwynd Real Estate Services

Fantastic customer service excellent product

Pros

The customizability and flexibility of the software is great. New features and updates are constantly being released. The company is very receptive of feedback and always help the second you have a question, day or night.

Brian from Acute Inspection Company

ABSOLUTELY the Best

Made me a better inspector

Pros

The amazing customer service, the highest quality software , the best software for the best inspectors, HIP will make you a better inspector and help grow your business

John from HLC Home Inspections LLC

March 2009

I would recommend Home Inspector Pro to any inspector if they really want to succeed. I think of this software and the owner Dominic as my secret weapon for the success my business has had. If your still on the fence, take a look for yourself! I have many sample reports on my website at www.oklahomahomeinspector.biz. You can see for yourself how professional your reports can be. Great thing is, if you don't like something, its a snap to change.

Pros

This software is by far the best home inspection software I have found. The price was perfect. It wasn't outrageously priced like many of the other. Best of all is the customer support. I have never done business with any company that has this level of customer support. To top things off, if you ever have any home inspection questions there are tons of inspectors on the message board ready and willing to help you out. Its like one big family at Home Inspector Pro. I just cant say enough good things about this software, the company, and the owner!

Cons

Took about a week to really get the hang of the software. Developed my own template from scratch before I realized many inspectors on the Home Inspector Pro message board will share what they already have.

Shannon from Gatewood Superior Inspections

Best Support Available

Being able to seamlessly transfer between my iPad and my Mac was a must. Very few software companies support both mobile and Apple. HIP does a great job of this.

Pros

The customer support that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team provide is unmatched in the industry. There is a bit of a learning curve as this software has so many features it is practically impossible to utilize them all. The folks at HIP take their time to walk you through anything and everything you ask.

Cons

With so many features (to fulfill every appetite) it can be a little daunting to make sure you are taking advantage of all it offers.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Shannon. It's been great having you as a user for the last few years. We appreciate all your input!

Robert from Acadian Home Inspection

Best inspection software out there

Pros

Home Inspector Pro is easy to use, completely customizable and my clients love the reports.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software

Joe from Joe Pro Home Inspections, Inc.

Top notch software and customer service.

Excellent

Pros

The fact that customer service is always helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.

Cons

Learning curve. There is so much there, it can sometimes be overwhelming. With practice and use it gets easier though.

Chris from North Atlanta Property Inspection

North Atlanta Property Inspection

It took a while to set up and get going, but overall I’m very happy with it.

Pros

It can be tailored to suit individual or campnay needs.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. I did have a hard time initially.

Kimberly from Straughan Real Estate

Easy to use and work with the home inspector

It makes the whole process of viewing the report easy, and easy to communicate with the inspector.

Pros

The home inspector does the inspection and send the report through this software. That allows the report to remain private and allow access to the report by only specified parties. Great product!

Cons

It can be difficult to login sometimes, and not always mobile friendly. Please make it more mobile accessible.

Vernon from Avara Home Inspections LLC

Earned the name PRO

I needed a septic template and could not get it to work off the forums. My rep jumped in and had me ready in moments. Cant ask for better support.

Pros

Very easy to use and edit. Watched the training video twice and was able to start using the product right away with very little issues. When I have had a question there was help through chat. They had quick and very helpful support which really made a difference for me.

Cons

I likely just need to ask but I havnt found a way to make the font bigger.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied September 2019

Thanks Vernon! We can definitely help you make the font bigger. Message help@homeinspectorpro.com and let us know where you're trying to male it larger and we will send the steps. Or give us a call!

Dan from Emerald Coast Home Inspectors LLC

Fast and Friendly

Pros

Super user friendly and convenient with ability to write quality reports even for the novice home inspector.

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the kind words Dan! We're here to help you with any questions you may have. We have a $200 off holiday sale right now which makes the software extremely affordable!

Andrew from Eagle Inspection Services, LLC

Best customer service I’ve seen from any company.

Best customer service. Owner emailed me on a Sunday and someone called me minutes later. Anytime you have a question they are there to help or the Facebook community will help.

Pros

Customer service was great and it is cheaper than other reporting softwares.

Cons

I wish one buy would let you login from Mac or PC

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review Andrew! We're glad you love Home Inspector Pro and our support. Just a heads up , your license DOES cover you for both a Mac and a Windows PC. If you have any questions about that just give us a call, 888-750-4777 or email Help@HomeInspectorPro.com or hit Help Desk on http://www.HomeInspectorPro.com

July 2009

Gerry from Alota Home Inspection Services

July 2009

HIP is the Greatest!!

I would easily recommend HIP to any Home inspector out there. The program comes in at a great price, you get great support, you have a large and active on-line community that is ready to assist you if you need anything. The reports look great and impresses your clients with how simple it is to read. As a Home Inspector you can't go wrong with this program.

Pros

HIP is easy to use and the customer support is unbelievable, They are there to help you out almost 24/7. No problem is to big or to small. The program is feature rich and very easily adaptable to any situation you may need it for. There are great tutorials to help walk you through the program for the first time.After a couple of uses your a pro. One of the coolest features is the infrared photo overlay. The price is right for those watching their pocketbooks.

Cons

As of yet I have not come across any cons.

Chanda from Window Genie

easy to use on jobsite

its a decent app for the money and makes inspections a little quicker.

Pros

that you can use voice recognition to enter narratives as well as transfer my data through the cloud to my desktop.

Cons

the interface is difficult to use and doesnt always provide the most accurate inspection tools for the job at hand

Bert from Benchmark Home Inspection services

July 2010

Customer support second to none

Highly recommended.

Pros

I could have given 5 stars on each of the categories but I wanted a way to point out that of all the strong points, the customer support is the strongest. There are a lot of options and possibilities in the program. I am not a computer wiz so I have had a question that needed to be answered before I could finish the report. Within 1/2 hr I had a reply to my question and I could go on with my report. The program is very flexible. You can make it work for any kind of inspection.

Cons

I can't think of any cons right now.

January 2016

Mike from Kauai Home Inspection Services

January 2016

Terrific Program

I had designed my own template for my inspections. I searched for software that could recreate the look of my template with all the additional features (auto comments, adding pics to the report as I am performing the inspection etc.) I needed. HIP fit the bill. Several ready made templates to start with and then very easy to edit and tweak to get your own custom template that suits your needs. Customer service is fantastic; patient with clients with only minimal computer skills like myself. My clients are very happy with both the appearance and contents of my reports.

July 2010

John from In Home Inspection Inc.

Home Inspector Pro Report Software

1. I also have Report Writing software from a HIP competitor. I never use it and won't because the support and willingness to help when I need it is just not there.

Pros

1.Inspection Standard of Practice integrated in to software. 2. Ability to tailor the Report appearance to individual tastes. 3. Photo batch load with captions is easy to use and enhances the appearance of the Report. 4. The best support team you could ask for.

Cons

1. Functions better on a PC than a Mac. 2. Difficult to add documents to supplement a Report.

Drew from Homespect LLC

HIP Is The Best Around!

I highly recommend the software. I have had several programs prior to HIP and never received the compliments like I get with HIP. The finished report is ultra professional and the support is unparalleled.

Pros

Home Inspector Pro is the most flexible reporting software I have ever used. Adding comments and narratives on the fly is really simple and the program works well on my tablet.

Cons

After 250 inspections with HIP I don't have any Cons yet.

Mark from Waypoint Property Inspection East, llc

March 2009

I highly recommend this program and company to any home inspectors looking to improve.

I highly recommend this program and company to any home inspectors looking to improve the quality of their reports and webhosting.

Pros

Home Inspector Pro is one of the finest software packages that we have ever uses. I have run networks for 2500 person companies and have not had success praise for any other software

Cons

Designing the website can be cumbersome, but this is true with any url software

Dustin from Ace Home Inspections of GBR

Home Inspector Pro

Overall this software is a great option for home inspectors.

Pros

This software is great for home inspectors and my clients and their realtors like the reports provided.

Cons

It takes some time to learn this ins and outs of everything this software provides. Once you get the hang of it, it preforms well and I have been impressed.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2020

Thanks Dustin, I'm glad you're enjoying HIP! We have some awesome new stuff in store as well.

Tyler from Real Estate Laurier

Best software on the Market!

Experience is amazing with Home Inspector Pro! With unmatched customer service, I always feel like I'm taken care of.

Pros

Customizability is amazing allowing me to be able to customize for different needs. Customer Service is also amazing and frequently look to improve their software.

Cons

Customizability can be tricky to utilize at first but after a couple of tries it becomes much easier.

May 2015

Darrell from CertiRoofs Inc.

May 2015

USELESS

This is the most useless product I have ever used. Can't log on. NO support from company. Once they have your money your on your own.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied March 2017

I'm sorry to see that you've had an issue Darrell. We have tried to contact you many times. Every time you emailed we responded within minutes and then we never heard back from you. You never called into tech support or used our Live Chat feature. Our tech support hours are more than double anyone else in the industry. I'm guessing our emails to you ended up in your Spam folder. We didn't become the #1 software in the industry by mistake and would be happy to help you get the software up and running. Feel free to call us at 888-750-4777 to get 1 on 1 training or just a live training session.

Ian from Square One Home INspection

March 2009

I would recommend this product to any home inspector looking for new software to write their reports with before any other program.

Pros

Easy to use program, top notch customer support. Very pleased and will be purchasing this program when I switch programs later this year.

Cons

I found nothing that would be a drawback to this program, it is constantly getting better.