• Pros

• "Cost and tech support is great. I enjoys using this software. "

• "I love the customization. Clients love our reports."

• "Easy to use, great features, and fantastic tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team are very friendly and easy to talk too. "

• Cons

• "It does take awhile to set up to personal preference, but any software in our profession does so it isn't really a con to a specific program. "

• "Can take a while to set up but once done it is easy.Wish some of the features were a little more photo focused ."

• "Great software just a little pricey to start with compared to some others but well worth the investment."

Browse Home Inspector Pro Reviews

Douglas from Accurate Home Inspections

Best Inspection Software on the Market

My experience has been great, I feel like the staff and I are family, they have always been there when I needed anything. No other company that I know of operates like that.

Pros

I have been using HIP since 2009, It is very customizable to my needs for all different application. They intrgrate with other service providers I have like ISN and RWS. The company is always looking for way to improve it based on customer request and providing updates. The customer support is second to none. They are always there when you need them and always have resolved any issues I had.

Cons

If I have to put something here, the only thing I can think of is sometimes it highlights a word to inform me spelling is wrong, But when I check, the spelling is correct.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Douglas, we consider you family too! It's been great to watch our users companies grow over the years and to be a part of that. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of success in 2019!

Scott from Good Life Home inspection

A plucky inspection helper

As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Pros

The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed.

Cons

As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

I went out on my own and the price was a definite factor. It was a good software for the volume I was doing at the time.

Noel from Finish Line Home Inspections L.L.C.

Home Inspector Pro is a budget software you get what you pay for......

HIP is a "mid-level" reporting software that is a flexible no frills platform once you figure out "The lay of the land". What users of other premium software will miss is the ability to invoice the client from the software (uniformity), the ability to track reports by client, realtor, address or month, day and year and dollars. The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list). Home inspector pro utilizes a semi drop down menu which is functional and somewhat easy once the user gets used to the format. As for Mac users the support is lacking somewhat and has not kept pace with the OS upgrades and changes. HIP runs natively on the Mac, macbook equipment which is great but I don't believe the developer or support techs run natively on MACs. I have asked about adding features and tweaking functionality and have met with and made to feel that my circumstances were unique and no one else is experiencing my issues. For example if you select a narrative but do not move it into the report and you click on another component, you will get a pop up stating that you have a narrative highlighted that was not moved, when you click "ok" the screen changes to the selected component. The user then has to return to the previously selected component to address the narrative issue. My suggestion was to allow the current screen to remain active to address the narrative at which point the user can then migrate to the next component. Thereby saving several mouse clicks. That is just one of a few. The end result is a fantastic looking report with a somewhat ugly user interface that doesn't really save time or money over any other inspection software. Marketing that partially influenced my decision to purchase Home Inspector Pro. Yes, it is less expensive than other software but the user gets less features. OH, wait.. HIP allows the inspector to add video to the report which would be great but I have not been able to use that function and all video tutorials are specific to windows users. If you like the idea of using your smart phone or tablet you will need to shell out a monthly fee to allow transfer of the report back and forth between computer and tablet or phone. I never know what my month is going to look like so I don't want to commit to another monthly billing. It is an ok product. I think if there was another software that ran natively on the Mac that was not a lease type I might have a look.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Hi Noel, I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed but we are far from a mid level reporting software. In fact more people using Home Inspector Pro than any other software program. Our tech support hours are doubled everyone else in the industry, 7 days a week. You're right, we chose to create the best home inspection software on the market, not a combination of mediocre office management and inspection software like our competitors. The majority of our users use Inspection Support Network (ISN) for all their office needs which we fully integrate with so we can focus on the being the only software with video in PDF & HTML, popup glossaries, stationery and more. More of our developers actually use Mac machines versus Windows. The software is 100% the same between Mac and Windows so the video tutorials apply to both programs. Video works great and has for years. Try giving our support team a call at 888-750-4777 and they can help you out with all of your comments/questions.

Andy from Home Run Inspections, LLC

CONSISTENCY AND SUPPORT BEYOND COMPARE!

The HIP team is always responsive to questions, problems, and whatever else you may need, and timely in their responses. After using multiple other inspection software products, we've settled here, and the amazing customer service is the main reason why! Their team is unbeatable!

Pros

The software is very easy to use, and with the cloud, offers ultimate flexibility in preparing reports. The HIP mobile app learns your tendencies, and integrates them into the app when you're doing an inspection to speed up the process.

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are always developing new ideas, and in the field at trade shows, asking us what works and what doesn't.

The customer service!

Michael from The Elite Group Inspection Professionals

Great product, customizable options, very easy to learn and use!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his entire team are top notch! We are the largest Home Inspection company in the Nation and the HIP team is a valuable and Strategic Partner in our eyes!

Pros

We love the customizable features, the easy navigation and the mobile app has been a game changer for our inspectors! Customer service and tech support is always great! Thank you HIP for all your hard work and patience when dealing with us crazy home inspectors!

Cons

Honestly when you look at all software and apps for our industry, HIP has done an amazing job of listening to its users and responding with quality and very useful changes and upgrades! Would love a printable feature to use for onboarding and training new inspectors!

Reasons for Choosing Home Inspector Pro

Ease of use and easy to customize for our business. The mobile app and new features are just a bonus!

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

Our older system was outdated and difficult to change.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied October 2020

Thanks Mike. It's been a privilege to help serve the largest inspection company in the nation! It's always great to see a single company process thousands of inspections a month through our system and use it to grow even more! Thanks for all the great feature suggestions and ideas!

Shawn from InterSpect Home Inspections

Easy to learn and use, phenomenal support!

Excellent experience all the way around. Excited for future releases to see what possibilities are unleashed.

Pros

Easily integrates with other systems, versatility, reports end up easy to read.

Cons

I would like for clients and or agents to have the ability to select the items/deficiencies of their choice to send to the repair request list.

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

The flexibility to use mobile devices

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review Shawn!! Clients/Agents can select which items they send to the repair list. Give us or ISN a call and we can go over this with you to help you out!

Scott from SLS Home Inspections LLC

I get a full night's sleep every night

Top notch.

Pros

Before HIP, I would routinely be up until 1-2:00 am on busy days. I would fall asleep in my office chair and have to wake up at 5 or 6 am to finish the report I fell asleep doing the night before. The template we created, with great service from the help desk at times, was a real gamechanger. Now we have reduced the at home report writing time to approx 15-20 minutes. I have been able to actually finish the report from my first morning inspection, and have it sent to the client before I even leave for the next inspection at noon. This is a true quality of life improvement. Highly, and I mean HIGHLY recommended.

Cons

Not integrated with NXT inspect scheduling software. That's it.

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

slow response to issues with the help desk started it, but mainly it was the length of time to complete a report.

Dustin from Fair Winds Home Inspections LLC

Best customer service, hands down.

My Inspections are more thorough, completed in a timely manner, and my reports are always sent out within a few hours of completing the physical inspection.

Pros

HIP is extremely easy to use and if you do have an issue, their team is available and willing to help. Response time is outstanding and they don't throw a bunch of technical terms or steps at you.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing to say about HIP.

Customer service.

Mike from Kauai Home Inspection Services

The best home inspection software available

The team at HIP has always been very responsive and helpful, the best support in the industry.

Pros

I love the customization. Clients love our reports.

Cons

On my wish list is a template wide caption search.

Reasons for Choosing Home Inspector Pro

I chose HIP because I could produce a high-quality report that I wanted for my clients.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied October 2020

Thanks Mike! We're grateful to have you as a customer. Your feedback has been great and we have your template wide caption search on our stood list :)

Jared from Twin lakes home inspections

Good stuff here

Great company and software.

Pros

Cost and tech support is great. I enjoys using this software.

Cons

Very little I'm sure there some small things.

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

There custom service sucked.

James from Alpha Building Inspections

Simply the best!!!!!

Fantastic

Pros

All aspects of Home Inspector Pro are top notch! Makes inspections quicker, reports are easy to read and understand (rarely do I get a call back with questions about the report). Easy to create your own comments and templates, review reports, make changes, edit photos, all aspects of report writing. Now the BEST part, CUSTOMER SERVICE. Call center extremely responsive! Call back in 15 minutes, if they are on a phone. I have always had a immediate solution to my problem. Plus their Facebook page is monitored by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and many extremely knowledgable HIP Inspectors that can help 24/7. Look no further for a great Home Inspection Software!!!! We are a very busy multi inspector company in NH, we all love Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

I can not think of a any issues to point out about the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Listens to his clients and make changes as recommended by the inspectors. Always improving a great product.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied October 2020

Thanks James! We're glad to have Alpha Building Inspection in our HIP Community!

Joshua from Center Point Inspection Services

Great product with even better customer support

Pros

I downloaded several trial programs when I first started in the inspection business. I felt more comfortable with HIP than the others. I originally just used it on my laptop but transitioned into the mobile version for my Ipad. I don't know how anyone could do an inspection any other way. If I ever have an issue or problem, I can contact customer support and the problem is taken care of almost immediately. I have been using this program for several years now with really no complaints. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a new inspector or a veteran. Very user friendly Multiple downloadable templates Customer support is second to none Compliant with TREC guildelines Frequent updates

Cons

I really don't have any complaints with the software.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Josh. We're glad to be a part of your companies success!

Sheehan from OnSite Home Inspections

Home Inspector Pro is the Best Software Out There

Pros

Using the software is straight-forward and simple. Actions are easily completed with taps on mobile or clicks on desktop. Taking pictures and captioning them is a breeze. The report that is generated both in PDF and HTML formats is beautiful and easy-to-read. Clients love the summary and prioritization of issues by color coding. On top of having an excellent product, the team at Home Inspector Pro and the owner are accessible and respond quickly to support issues. It's a no brainer to use Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

It takes awhile to build up narratives, captions, and customization. You can start with a template and then edit it and update it to your liking as you go. I've done this and have continued to update my narrative library over the past 7 years.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Sheehan. We're glad HIP is working so well for your company!

Matt from Safe Check Home Inspections,LLC

If you want to be the best you need to use the best!

Pros

When I started my inspection business I used a competitor. I quickly found out that I was sending my clients sub par reports. I soon realized that if I want to be the best, I needed to use the best software. HIP works seemlessly with ISN and I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out or is a seasoned pro. I am sure that HIP has helped Safe Check Home Inspections become one of the most Google reviewed inspection companies in Columbus, Ohio because we deliver an awesome, detailed report. Thank you HIP!!

Cons

I wish HIP would realize that MAC is superior to PC and release new versions on MAC first, ir at least the same time.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Matt for the great review!! We've appreciated all your feedback and software input over the years!!

Mike from Southern Inspection Services

Best Inspection Software Available

This was one of the best business decisions I've made for me and my company.

Pros

First of all this software is easy to use and navigate. Second, customers and realtors constantly state how easy the reports are to read. What will keep you with this software is the customer service. If needed, customer service is friendly, knowledgeable and fast. They guys go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of and know how your issue wax resolved. Love this software and company!

Cons

I have not found any issues with this software yet

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

I did not like the software. It produces a difficult report to read and was not user friendly.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied May 2020

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help you and your company!

Jennifer from Next Jen Inspections LLC

Absolutely love Home Inspector Pro! Awesome support, completely Mac compatible, great time saver!

Ease of use, faster inspection report writing, professional report appearance with the ability to customize it to my personal preference, batch adding pictures which is AWESOME, the ability to use videos in my reports, glossary to help clients understand the technical side of things, and that is just a little of what Home Inspector Pro software is capable of. Definitely recommend it and if you have a Mac... don't shy away, it works great on them!

Pros

I use only Mac, and I have it on everything from my desktop down to my phones. It works awesome and is 100% compatible. There is no freezing, no lagging, and the customer support is beyond amazing which is a huge difference to the other software programs I have used. You can tell they truly care about their clients and their experience and respond quickly to any questions or issues. They offer free training and even will do one on one help sessions so that you understand how to operate within the program, which came in handy when my last software became incompatible due to an update. The free trial was the perfect answer to solve a crisis situation and the one on one help meant I was able to get a report out on time, have since switched over to the paid version and have been using it daily and love it!

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Jennifer, it's been a pleasure to work with you guys!

Michael from Ashburn Inspections

Been using th software daily for over 5 years

Using Home Inspector Pro software has allowed me to streamline my inspection process and HONNE the capacity to be accurate and efficient on every home. Updating the software template is very easy and I change it at least once a month as we are constantly learning every day new methods, techniques and about different components. I have recommended the software to several inspectors in my area who also use it. Thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team for always having excellent customer service!!

Pros

Updating the templates to reflect current changes in the industry and a more streamlined profile is quite simplistic to achieve.

Cons

The initial set up took a little time as with any software that would be utilized for this industry.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Mike! We're honored to be apart of your company and growth!

Michael from ALLIN Home Inspections, Inc.

Best Home Inspection Software

When you use ISN it simplifies the process even more. You complete the report send it to ISN and you are done. ISN will send the report however you have configured it. We have gotten the time down to about 20 minutes to complete the report on our pc and send it out.

Pros

HIP is the best software for customization, ease of use, photo editing, and just over all the best software on the market. The app is simple and when you get done you send it to the cloud and then finish on your pc.

Cons

I really can't say there are any cons at this time.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied February 2019

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help streamline your business and keep your nights and weekends free!

Michael from Merino's Home Inspection & Education Inc.

The review dated Jan. 16 2018 obviously is not a user of the software, most likely a competitor.

Pros

I have used the software for 10 yrs and my reports have always been narrative. The report can be checklist, narrative or a hybrid of both if you want. The user decides. User input is used to design the software, most updates are programmed because inspectors have asked for features and HIP uses that input to make improvements. The forum even has a wishlist to document the feature you want to see implemented. Everything in the software can be customized.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2018

Thanks Mike. We greatly appreciate your feedback and usage for the last 10 years!

Bill from BC Warner Inspections & Thermal Imaging Services

Great software with great support team!

I have used Home Inspector Pro software for many years now. I utilize a variety of custom templates I have created for my various inspection services from Commercial Property inspections to stand alone thermal imaging services. The reports turn out professional and the software significantly reduces time spent writing those reports. HIP is an integral part of my inspection business arsenal!

Pros

The templates and overall report are very customizable to suit a variety of inspection needs.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Home Inspector Pro. New features continue to be released to improve on already great inspection software. Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly! It only takes a little understanding of the backend of the software to fully embrace its many features!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied February 2019

Thanks Bill! It's been awesome to watch you grow over the years and all the different aspects of inspections that you've done and templates you've made with HIP!

Daniel from Dynamic Inspections

Sets the bar for Inspection software

Pros

Software was easy to use, had alot of customizable features. Reports looked good. Good integration with 3rd party services. Perhaps the best thing going for this software is the customer service/support.

Cons

Back when I used this software the mobile software was pretty clunky, which eventually led to me changing softwares. It appears it has now been improved.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2020

Hi Daniel! Yes, a lot has changed over the last few years with our mobile software and with our new HIP Office Scheduling System release there will be even more coming to it. We have continued to innovate for 15 years in this industry and have a lot more coming! Feel free to message me at Help@HomeInspectorPro.com if you'd like to check out some of our great new features.

John from Starmark Home Inspections

March 2009

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program.

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program. They offer plentiful features and then some. It's easy to get started. From it's video tutorials, to it's message board, to it's tech support staff to it's easy of use to it's many features it's not only easy to get started and come up with a great site but it has all the stuff to get a website online that will improve your business! I'm looking forward to that!

Pros

I'm been searching for an inexpensive way to design and maintain a website myself. But I also wanted an amazing site with loads of features. I also needed alot of tech support because this is a new area for me. Well I got all of that with Home Inspector Pro. Great themes, lots of choices, not just the same theme with different colors and uses. Real tech support too. Real answers and SEO suggestions. Couldn't have done it on my own. At least not in the time frame I have. The price is so reasonable. Can't pass up this great deal. There are so many features too. There are so many very different looks you can design your website to look like. It's a winner! There's also a message board with lots of tips and video tutorial of how to get started. It's great!

Cons

I would start with a website with a simple design and then add the cool features. You would get the content out first and get the bulk of your website up and running. Then work on the extra features. The fonts are the only draw back so far. But that's probably me. I keep changing the font size and boldness. But that is such a minor thing.

Mark from HandyWorks by Mark

Love it

Their software makes some beautiful reports. Very happy with the software and my clients love the reports.

Pros

Their customer support is over the top. I had my report freeze on my tablet and they were able to help me with very quickly. Every dealing I have had with them had been awesome! I recommend them to all my inspector friends.

Cons

Have nothing to say against the software. Highly recommend it.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thank you Mark. We're glad HIP is everything you want it to be. We're working hard to make sure it's constantly improving for you and your business!

Chris from Chris Rippy Inc

Friends with the boss.

Although there have been some ups and downs, you would expect that with any software out there but the overall experience is an outstanding one and even though I’m friends with the boss at home inspector pro, I would use this product and will continue to use it until I retire which isn’t any time soon!

Pros

It’s very customizable and super easy to work with, not cumbersome like some of the other options out there. You know who you are!

Cons

Sometimes difficult to use with Apple products.

ron from Sealtite

Industry: Facilities Services

HIP

This is a good company -

Pros

I perform a Maintenance /Safety Audits for several non profit group homes (about 90 per year) and I found the Home Inspector Pro software can be easily adapted to my customers needs. I don't do attic or roof inspections however I look for trip hazards, safety issues and maintenance items and I can customize the software to make my job more complete. I have been using HIP cloud service for about 4 years without any problems. HIP customer service is the best - when on a job 200 miles from my office - I know I can reach a service rep and figure out what I need to fix the issue. I have had the support staff who call me back several times to solve my issues over the years.

Cons

Not much - the online training video's help

Jim from Linkhorn Inspection Group

Easy, organized and appreciated by clients

Thus software allows me to complete a typical inspection in 3 hours state to report delivered to client. Support is excellent.

Pros

This is a simple format to guide you through a thorough inspection. Realtors and clients like the final report. Easy to follow.

Cons

Have no complaints. When issues arise the support team is ready to assist.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the great review Jim. Linkhorn Inspections is one of the biggest inspection firms in the nation and has been rocking it with HIP for a long time!

Bob from Chicago property Inspection

Been using HIP for over 10 years and thousands of reports. It is the best a Home Inspector can use .

Gives me a amazing reputation among Clients as final product is how you are remembered .

Pros

Best mobile and photo reporting possible with great final product appearance .Support is amazing and well known to be the best .The other guy saying it was bad must be off his rocker.

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Bob! Your input over the years has helped to make Home Inspector Pro (HIP) a great product!

Paul from McGehee Home Inspections, LLC

Great program.

It’s been great. Cut my time of each inspection by an average of 1.5 hours. Well worth the money and I would and do highly recommend this product.

Pros

Cons

I like everything about this software program.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Paul. We're happy to have helped you get your nights and weekends back. Saving 1.5 to 3 hours a night is HUGE!

Greg from Diamond Property Inspections

Industry: Information Services

Home Inspector Pro is AWESOME!

Professional inspectuon reports printed on-site.

Pros

Not only does this software have the most feature available at the best possible price. The customer service is out of this world. Customer rep and his team are always accessible. I have been using HIP for close to 9 years now and it is fantastic!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Greg! It's been great working with you and the other CREIA board members over the years! I look forward to watching your continued growth.

Alton from ATN Inspection Services, LLC

The best home inspection reporting software that I have used.

Time savings, great looking report, complete flexibility to perform an inspection of a 900 square ft. residence or a 90,000 square ft. commercial space.

Pros

The ability to customize templates, and the flexibility to change templates on the fly. You can go from performing a thermal imaging report with video at an industrial facility to completing a roof inspection at a residential structure without missing a beat.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied July 2017

Thanks Alton!

Simonne from Atlantic Building Inspections

Streamline your business

We have really enjoyed the software and we have gotten great feedback from clients about it.

Pros

The ease of integration with Inspection Support Network and not having to upload separate files for clients.

Cons

It is hard to be able to update from a phone when you need to quickly update a report for a client or agent

Reasons for Choosing Home Inspector Pro

Support was great, they walked us through setup and still help with problems and issues.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2020

Thanks Simmone. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the software! We have a lot of great things coming out soon as well. Stay tuned!

DARRELL from Left Coast Inspections

Highly recomend

The software has allowed me to get my reports completed much faster thereby giving me more time for fun.

Pros

The software is customizable to each inspector.

Cons

I takes some time to get things the way you want them. Gladly trade that time for the ability to tailor it to my liking.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Darrell for being such a great user and for the review. It's greatly appreciated!

Troy from Blue Star Inspections

Best customer support in the world

Pros

Ease of use and quality of reports. They set the bar on customer service!

Cons

None that I can think of. They are constantly working on improving the system and are very open to user input

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Troy. We've appreciated your input over the years and are glad Home Inspector Pro (HIP) has been a valuable asset to your business!

John from JP Home Inspections

The best

Excellent. Produces great reports. Easy learning curve and fantastic customer service. Best in the industry.

Pros

The mobile version is great. Customer service is second to none. Extremely happy with HIP.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Honestly, they produced a fantastic software.

Chris from CV Inspections

Awesome Product

Ease of use in the field, it really can not be beat!

Pros

You will not find a better mobile report software and the customer service is the best in the industry.

Cons

There is non I can think of. And I’m trying to think of some.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Chris! We're glad to be here to support you and your company!

David from Pyramid Home Inspections

Essential Inspection tool

Great Reports that clients love !!

Pros

Your Report is what your clients know you by. HIP software leaves your client with a top of the line report second to none !

Cons

The product is complete ... I have nothing negative to say ...

Joe from Every Home Inspection LLC

Love this software

Been using it for 5 years and would not consider changing.

Pros

Customizable. I can make my reports just the way I want.

Cons

Some work involved in building your template but that goes along with customization.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Joe! It's great to have so many successful inspector companies using HIP!

David from Dream Home Inspections VA

Exemplary Customer Service

The customer service is outstanding. I have posted questions on the HIP Facebook page, and quite often within minutes, I'll have an answer, sometimes from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself!

Pros

Easy to set up and use, both mobile and on the laptop.

Cons

Some small details aren't quite intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Home Inspector Pro

Heard good things about HIP, and they had a very good trial period, too. Long term cost was better than competitors.

Wayne from Kirwynd Real Estate Services

Fantastic customer service excellent product

Pros

The customizability and flexibility of the software is great. New features and updates are constantly being released. The company is very receptive of feedback and always help the second you have a question, day or night.

Brian from Acute Inspection Company

ABSOLUTELY the Best

Made me a better inspector

Pros

The amazing customer service, the highest quality software , the best software for the best inspectors, HIP will make you a better inspector and help grow your business

Shannon from Gatewood Superior Inspections

Best Support Available

Being able to seamlessly transfer between my iPad and my Mac was a must. Very few software companies support both mobile and Apple. HIP does a great job of this.

Pros

The customer support that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team provide is unmatched in the industry. There is a bit of a learning curve as this software has so many features it is practically impossible to utilize them all. The folks at HIP take their time to walk you through anything and everything you ask.

Cons

With so many features (to fulfill every appetite) it can be a little daunting to make sure you are taking advantage of all it offers.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks Shannon. It's been great having you as a user for the last few years. We appreciate all your input!

John from HLC Home Inspections LLC

March 2009

I would recommend Home Inspector Pro to any inspector if they really want to succeed. I think of this software and the owner Dominic as my secret weapon for the success my business has had. If your still on the fence, take a look for yourself! I have many sample reports on my website at www.oklahomahomeinspector.biz. You can see for yourself how professional your reports can be. Great thing is, if you don't like something, its a snap to change.

Pros

This software is by far the best home inspection software I have found. The price was perfect. It wasn't outrageously priced like many of the other. Best of all is the customer support. I have never done business with any company that has this level of customer support. To top things off, if you ever have any home inspection questions there are tons of inspectors on the message board ready and willing to help you out. Its like one big family at Home Inspector Pro. I just cant say enough good things about this software, the company, and the owner!

Cons

Took about a week to really get the hang of the software. Developed my own template from scratch before I realized many inspectors on the Home Inspector Pro message board will share what they already have.

Robert from Acadian Home Inspection

Best inspection software out there

Pros

Home Inspector Pro is easy to use, completely customizable and my clients love the reports.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software

Joe from Joe Pro Home Inspections, Inc.

Top notch software and customer service.

Excellent

Pros

The fact that customer service is always helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.

Cons

Learning curve. There is so much there, it can sometimes be overwhelming. With practice and use it gets easier though.

Kimberly from Straughan Real Estate

Easy to use and work with the home inspector

It makes the whole process of viewing the report easy, and easy to communicate with the inspector.

Pros

The home inspector does the inspection and send the report through this software. That allows the report to remain private and allow access to the report by only specified parties. Great product!

Cons

It can be difficult to login sometimes, and not always mobile friendly. Please make it more mobile accessible.

Chris from North Atlanta Property Inspection

North Atlanta Property Inspection

It took a while to set up and get going, but overall I’m very happy with it.

Pros

It can be tailored to suit individual or campnay needs.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. I did have a hard time initially.

Vernon from Avara Home Inspections LLC

Earned the name PRO

I needed a septic template and could not get it to work off the forums. My rep jumped in and had me ready in moments. Cant ask for better support.

Pros

Very easy to use and edit. Watched the training video twice and was able to start using the product right away with very little issues. When I have had a question there was help through chat. They had quick and very helpful support which really made a difference for me.

Cons

I likely just need to ask but I havnt found a way to make the font bigger.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied September 2019

Thanks Vernon! We can definitely help you make the font bigger. Message help@homeinspectorpro.com and let us know where you're trying to male it larger and we will send the steps. Or give us a call!

Dan from Emerald Coast Home Inspectors LLC

Fast and Friendly

Pros

Super user friendly and convenient with ability to write quality reports even for the novice home inspector.

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the kind words Dan! We're here to help you with any questions you may have. We have a $200 off holiday sale right now which makes the software extremely affordable!

Andrew from Eagle Inspection Services, LLC

Best customer service I’ve seen from any company.

Best customer service. Owner emailed me on a Sunday and someone called me minutes later. Anytime you have a question they are there to help or the Facebook community will help.

Pros

Customer service was great and it is cheaper than other reporting softwares.

Cons

I wish one buy would let you login from Mac or PC

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review Andrew! We're glad you love Home Inspector Pro and our support. Just a heads up , your license DOES cover you for both a Mac and a Windows PC. If you have any questions about that just give us a call, 888-750-4777 or email Help@HomeInspectorPro.com or hit Help Desk on http://www.HomeInspectorPro.com

July 2009

Gerry from Alota Home Inspection Services

July 2009

HIP is the Greatest!!

I would easily recommend HIP to any Home inspector out there. The program comes in at a great price, you get great support, you have a large and active on-line community that is ready to assist you if you need anything. The reports look great and impresses your clients with how simple it is to read. As a Home Inspector you can't go wrong with this program.

Pros

HIP is easy to use and the customer support is unbelievable, They are there to help you out almost 24/7. No problem is to big or to small. The program is feature rich and very easily adaptable to any situation you may need it for. There are great tutorials to help walk you through the program for the first time.After a couple of uses your a pro. One of the coolest features is the infrared photo overlay. The price is right for those watching their pocketbooks.

Cons

As of yet I have not come across any cons.