Home Inspector Pro Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"On top of having an excellent product, the team at Home Inspector Pro and the owner are accessible and respond quickly to support issues."
  • icon"Quick to use in the field and easy to edit once you get the hang of it."
  • icon"This software is great for home inspectors and my clients and their realtors like the reports provided."
  • icon"If I have to put something here, the only thing I can think of is sometimes it highlights a word to inform me spelling is wrong, But when I check, the spelling is correct."
  • icon"It is hard to be able to update from a phone when you need to quickly update a report for a client or agent."
  • icon"Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly."

Browse all Home Inspector Pro Reviews

• Have you used Home Inspector Pro and would like to share your experience with others?

Dan

May 2022

HIP user

Douglas

Best Inspection Software on the Market

My experience has been great, I feel like the staff and I are family, they have always been there when I needed anything. No other company that I know of operates like that.

Pros

I have been using HIP since 2009, It is very customizable to my needs for all different application. They intrgrate with other service providers I have like ISN and RWS. The company is always looking for way to improve it based on customer request and providing updates. The customer support is second to none. They are always there when you need them and always have resolved any issues I had.

Cons

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Douglas, we consider you family too! It's been great to watch our users companies grow over the years and to be a part of that. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of success in 2019!

Replied January 2019

Ease of Use and Organized

The ease in which to add comments and issues , second to none

Pros

Simple and Professional. No monthly user fee, buy it outright, save money in the long run.

Cons

Absolutely nothing is a con in regards to this software,

Reasons for choosing Home Inspector Pro

Ease of use and Overall cost

Reasons for switching to Home Inspector Pro

Cost, Customer Service, ability to use without having to have a degree in programming, Editble and Cretion of specific template.

Eric

May 2022

Complicated Software

It's been good and bad at the same time. Customer support always is there, but there are situations they have never encountered before, etc.

Pros

I love the customer support which is top notch.

Cons

The cover page design portion is terrible, software keeps crashing/freezing up on the computer which makes me have to start from where I last saved, design is very ancient on the software portion. I am a mac user, and HIP is one of the few that support mac.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Crashing is definitely not something that's normal. On a Mac this cound be because your computer moved the app to the iCloud. If you're not using HIP 6.3 which is the latest please make sure to update. Give our support line a call and we can help track why you are having issues.

Replied May 2022

Noel

Time used: Free Trial

Home Inspector Pro is a budget software you get what you pay for......

HIP is a "mid-level" reporting software that is a flexible no frills platform once you figure out "The lay of the land". What users of other premium software will miss is the ability to invoice the client from the software (uniformity), the ability to track reports by client, realtor, address or month, day and year and dollars. The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list). Home inspector pro utilizes a semi drop down menu which is functional and somewhat easy once the user gets used to the format. As for Mac users the support is lacking somewhat and has not kept pace with the OS upgrades and changes. HIP runs natively on the Mac, macbook equipment which is great but I don't believe the developer or support techs run natively on MACs. I have asked about adding features and tweaking functionality and have met with and made to feel that my circumstances were unique and no one else is experiencing my issues. For example if you select a narrative but do not move it into the report and you click on another component, you will get a pop up stating that you have a narrative highlighted that was not moved, when you click "ok" the screen changes to the selected component. The user then has to return to the previously selected component to address the narrative issue. My suggestion was to allow the current screen to remain active to address the narrative at which point the user can then migrate to the next component. Thereby saving several mouse clicks. That is just one of a few. The end result is a fantastic looking report with a somewhat ugly user interface that doesn't really save time or money over any other inspection software. Marketing that partially influenced my decision to purchase Home Inspector Pro. Yes, it is less expensive than other software but the user gets less features. OH, wait.. HIP allows the inspector to add video to the report which would be great but I have not been able to use that function and all video tutorials are specific to windows users. If you like the idea of using your smart phone or tablet you will need to shell out a monthly fee to allow transfer of the report back and forth between computer and tablet or phone. I never know what my month is going to look like so I don't want to commit to another monthly billing. It is an ok product. I think if there was another software that ran natively on the Mac that was not a lease type I might have a look.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Hi Noel, I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed but we are far from a mid level reporting software. In fact more people using Home Inspector Pro than any other software program. Our tech support hours are doubled everyone else in the industry, 7 days a week. You're right, we chose to create the best home inspection software on the market, not a combination of mediocre office management and inspection software like our competitors. The majority of our users use Inspection Support Network (ISN) for all their office needs which we fully integrate with so we can focus on the being the only software with video in PDF & HTML, popup glossaries, stationery and more. More of our developers actually use Mac machines versus Windows. The software is 100% the same between Mac and Windows so the video tutorials apply to both programs. Video works great and has for years. Try giving our support team a call at 888-750-4777 and they can help you out with all of your comments/questions.

Replied July 2017

Joseph

August 2022

Dissatisfied user

Up to this point I would have given HIP straight 5 stars but with this latest change have caused me to revisit my thoughts

Pros

I’ve been using HIP for 8 years. 6 of those years through another company. It’s easy to use, the reports are one of the best once it’s set up.

Cons

The 4 Point reports are often rejected by insurance companies because the reports look like a standard home inspection report. I’m tired of trying to explain to them that it’s ok. And now the Wind Mit software has changed to their version and I don’t understand it!

Ruben

July 2022

Over 3,000 inspections with HIP

I love the software, and the customer service is bad none.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease of use, as well as its versatility.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that the font does not appear as you select it when using MAC

Reasons for switching to Home Inspector Pro

I made the switch because of its ease of use

Scott

A plucky inspection helper

As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Pros

The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed.

Cons

As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

Reasons for switching to Home Inspector Pro

I went out on my own and the price was a definite factor. It was a good software for the volume I was doing at the time.

February 2022

Use HIP to improve your reports and inspection process

Support is amazing. Second to none.

Pros

The software is modifiable to your method of inspections. Once set up, it's easy to use. I also find it very easy to customize and alter. The support network is amazing and very helpful.

Cons

HIP, like most software, requires you to build your template. The template is the backbone of your business. HIP makes this an easy process, but it does that time to develop.

Scott

I get a full night's sleep every night

Top notch.

Pros

Before HIP, I would routinely be up until 1-2:00 am on busy days. I would fall asleep in my office chair and have to wake up at 5 or 6 am to finish the report I fell asleep doing the night before. The template we created, with great service from the help desk at times, was a real gamechanger. Now we have reduced the at home report writing time to approx 15-20 minutes. I have been able to actually finish the report from my first morning inspection, and have it sent to the client before I even leave for the next inspection at noon. This is a true quality of life improvement. Highly, and I mean HIGHLY recommended.

Cons

Not integrated with NXT inspect scheduling software. That's it.

Reasons for switching to Home Inspector Pro

slow response to issues with the help desk started it, but mainly it was the length of time to complete a report.

Best Home Inspection Software

When you use ISN it simplifies the process even more. You complete the report send it to ISN and you are done. ISN will send the report however you have configured it. We have gotten the time down to about 20 minutes to complete the report on our pc and send it out.

Pros

HIP is the best software for customization, ease of use, photo editing, and just over all the best software on the market. The app is simple and when you get done you send it to the cloud and then finish on your pc.

Cons

I really can't say there are any cons at this time.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help streamline your business and keep your nights and weekends free!

Replied February 2019

Bill

Great software with great support team!

I have used Home Inspector Pro software for many years now. I utilize a variety of custom templates I have created for my various inspection services from Commercial Property inspections to stand alone thermal imaging services. The reports turn out professional and the software significantly reduces time spent writing those reports. HIP is an integral part of my inspection business arsenal!

Pros

The templates and overall report are very customizable to suit a variety of inspection needs.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Home Inspector Pro. New features continue to be released to improve on already great inspection software. Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly! It only takes a little understanding of the backend of the software to fully embrace its many features!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Bill! It's been awesome to watch you grow over the years and all the different aspects of inspections that you've done and templates you've made with HIP!

Replied February 2019

Mike

The best home inspection software available

The team at HIP has always been very responsive and helpful, the best support in the industry.

Pros

I love the customization. Clients love our reports.

Cons

On my wish list is a template wide caption search.

Reasons for choosing Home Inspector Pro

I chose HIP because I could produce a high-quality report that I wanted for my clients.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Mike! We're grateful to have you as a customer. Your feedback has been great and we have your template wide caption search on our stood list :)

Replied October 2020

Jim

Easy, organized and appreciated by clients

Thus software allows me to complete a typical inspection in 3 hours state to report delivered to client. Support is excellent.

Pros

This is a simple format to guide you through a thorough inspection. Realtors and clients like the final report. Easy to follow.

Cons

Have no complaints. When issues arise the support team is ready to assist.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks for the great review Jim. Linkhorn Inspections is one of the biggest inspection firms in the nation and has been rocking it with HIP for a long time!

Replied January 2019

Dan

February 2022

HIP user

Only reporting software I have used so no real frame of reference.

Pros

Quick to use in the field and easy to edit once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Getting it set up on the desktop was not intuitive (for me) and needed a fair bit of help from support to get things up and running initially. Photo images could translate better in reports - would be great if people could zoom in to images in the digital report!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Hi Dan! Please update to HIP 6. In HIP 6 clients can click on photos and videos in reports to expand them in the PDF and HTML version of the report!

Replied February 2022

Alexandria

December 2021

Very Easy & Can be as detailed as needed!

Pros

The system is very easy to use. It helps my inspectors do their job correctly, easily and efficiently.

Cons

The only con is the such drastic difference with the computer version and the phone version.

Andy

CONSISTENCY AND SUPPORT BEYOND COMPARE!

The HIP team is always responsive to questions, problems, and whatever else you may need, and timely in their responses. After using multiple other inspection software products, we've settled here, and the amazing customer service is the main reason why! Their team is unbeatable!

Pros

The software is very easy to use, and with the cloud, offers ultimate flexibility in preparing reports. The HIP mobile app learns your tendencies, and integrates them into the app when you're doing an inspection to speed up the process.

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are always developing new ideas, and in the field at trade shows, asking us what works and what doesn't.

The customer service!

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thank you Andy, I'm glad you're finding HIP helping your business succeed!!

Replied May 2021