Palmtech Home Inspection Software Reviews

Palmtech Home Inspection Software Reviews

• icon"I like how malleable it is in the field. I can (relatively) quickly add and remove items in the field."
  • icon"Ease of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern."
  • icon"This software has been easy to use and creates professional easy to read reports for my clients. I really like that you can send the reports via your cell phone."
  • icon"If I find a defect onsite, I have to click a lot to actually add that defect into the report."
  • icon"Poor simple customizations of templates. Adding page breaks and blank lines does not function."

All Palmtech Home Inspection Software Reviews

Palm-Tech Inspection Software

I have personally used Palm-Tech inspection software for my reports for many years. This is a great reporting program and very easy to use. Just as all software programs have a learning curve, once you learn it, it becomes easy. I recommend this to all inspectors.

Pros

Ease of use and works on iPad and Tables. Great customer service. The program reduces my time in writing reports. Anyone not using this is working too hard!

Cons

Wish it worked on MAC without parallel or similar program. Wish you could have illustrations automated into the sections with comments in the library. Wish comment sections could have multiple colors in each section. Such as deficiency is red, general comment in blue and information in green or etc.

Larry

June 2022

Palm-Tech is great

My overall experience is very positive now that I have been able to integrate it with my scheduling software and reporting it makes my job so much easier I spend more time on the job than in the office which is what I like. I am not a paperwork kind of person and this is allowed me to free up a lot of my valuable time out of the office. Thank you Palm-Tech

Pros

Palm-Tech has allowed me to customize my reports that are different from my competitors that I really enjoy and I can change it up whenever I want.

Cons

The learning curve took me a while to navigate how to use this software and I’m still learning every day that I use it I am not a techie and I’ve had to overcome my own ideas of how it should work.

Scott

The name says it all...

The is outdated software with poor functionality, expensive updates, poor support, etc. etc.

Pros

I did not like the software. I cannot think of any pros when compared to other softwares.

Cons

The software is very dates and difficult to use. It crashes often and cannot run on a MAC.

Response from PDmB

Hi Scott - You have an older version of the software (bought 7 years ago) that has not been upgraded which means it is out of date by your choice. Our newer versions will be faster and have lots of new features. In our last call, (quite a few years ago) we were able to provide quick help and you indicated that your questions had been answered and your issue resolved. If you get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help you again.

Replied August 2020

Lori

August 2022

Easy to Learn and Customize

Pros

Is easy to customize. Clients and Agents like the format of the easy to read reports

Cons

The software does not handle large report files as well as I would like. One larger buildings where there are a few hundred pictures, the user experiences slow response time, and often program crashes.

Tim

Realtors and Clients love my report

I have been a home inspector for 30 years. I came into the digital age of report writing kicking and screaming six years ago. I originally purchased other reporting software but it was too complicated and if I have a hard time understanding a report then how can a buyer or agent understand it? Many of my competitors use other formats that have so much filler and disclaimer after disclaimer that I can't even stand to read them. I love the simple just the facts capability of Palm Tech and all of my clients and agents love it too. But if you like disclaimers and fluff you can add that too.

Pros

Ease of use and clear reporting format.

Cons

That I did not switch to it sooner.

Ryan

Fully functional inspection software

I have been using palm tech software now for 13+ years, easy use with insertion of pictures at the location in report that the problem is located

Pros

Ease of use with picture insertion, pay for it one time and no more except updates

Cons

Does not have integration with other apps or programs like other inspection software on the market

Cody

Save Time=Make More Money

Great overall product. I am a fully licensed home inspector and I have used Palm Tech for 3 years across my desktop computer, tablet and phone. Great customer support via phone if you ever get stuck. Once you spend the time to add your own personal notes, such as common or recurring issues in a home, it incredibly speeds up report writing time. I highly recommend Palm tech.

Pros

Speeds up report writing time.

The best tool in my box

When my computer fails, help has always been just a phone call away.

Pros

Easy customization and excellent support.

Cons

I'm not sure I have any cons...Maybe the upfront cost, but I feel that over the years that was well worth it. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the next version soon. The spell check is not as good as Word.

Frank

Great Software!

We have been using PalmTech for about 3 years now. This is the 3rd. program we've used since becoming home inspectors. This is a great piece of software. I love that you can customize your report to whatever you want/need it to be. I would highly recommend this software to any home inspector. My real estate agents love the report. The reports are easy to read and understand.

Pros

Customization

Ian

Not Bad - Better Than Most Give It Credit For

Overall I like the software, and I am a long-time user. Their customer service is WAY better than it used to be.... not great still, but light-years from where it was.

Pros

Cons

Kinda clunky. If I find a defect onsite, I have to click a lot to actually add that defect into the report

Reasons for choosing Palmtech Home Inspection Software

More malleable in the field.

Jason

Highly recommend

Great product. I have used it for 3 years. Very easy to use and reliable. I get compliments from my clients and agents all the time about how professional my reports look. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

It's a bit expensive.

Ryan

Home inspection software

Professional looking pdf reports upon completion of inspection makes ease of review for my client to understand

Pros

Ease of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern

Cons

Real time updates if used by multiple users on same inspection

Andre

Great Software

I really like the fact that it so compatible with different phones and operating software. The app is quick and easy. The cloud makes it great to schedule and upload all the inspections for the day.

Pros

Easy and quick

Cons

need to be able to store phone numbers with contacts names

Sylvain

5 years Palm-Tech User

Detailed check lists, modifications enable, straight forward reporting. I love how good my reports look and so are my clients.

Pros

Detailed, easy to use

Cons

Component name change, Modifications or addition cannot be done "on the fly" on a tablet

Terry

Best report writing software ever

The software is easy to use and very fast. I can normally generate the report while on site. And have it emailed before I leave the house. I Use to spend several hours at home writing reports. The Palm Tech software has given me more time to spend with my wife and kids.

Pros

Speed

Cons

There are no Cons.

Jon