• Pros

• "Ease of use and works on iPad and Tables. Great customer service. The program reduces my time in writing reports. Anyone not using this is working too hard!"

• "Ease of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern"

• "Ease of use with picture insertion, pay for it one time and no more except updates"

• Cons

• "Does not have integration with other apps or programs like other inspection software on the market"

• "need to be able to store phone numbers with contacts names"

• "Component name change, Modifications or addition cannot be done "on the fly" on a tablet"

Browse Palm-Tech home inspection Reviews

Paul from Texas Professional Real Estate Inspectors Association

Palm-Tech Inspection Software

I have personally used Palm-Tech inspection software for my reports for many years. This is a great reporting program and very easy to use. Just as all software programs have a learning curve, once you learn it, it becomes easy. I recommend this to all inspectors.

Pros

Cons

Wish it worked on MAC without parallel or similar program. Wish you could have illustrations automated into the sections with comments in the library. Wish comment sections could have multiple colors in each section. Such as deficiency is red, general comment in blue and information in green or etc.

Tim from Homecheck

Realtors and Clients love my report

I have been a home inspector for 30 years. I came into the digital age of report writing kicking and screaming six years ago. I originally purchased other reporting software but it was too complicated and if I have a hard time understanding a report then how can a buyer or agent understand it? Many of my competitors use other formats that have so much filler and disclaimer after disclaimer that I can't even stand to read them. I love the simple just the facts capability of Palm Tech and all of my clients and agents love it too. But if you like disclaimers and fluff you can add that too.

Pros

Ease of use and clear reporting format.

Cons

That I did not switch to it sooner.

Jon from Sea Coast

It gets the job done, until it doesn't.

I wouldn't recommend using Palm Tech if you have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I've lost entire inspections when the software crashed on the job site. The first time it happened I called customer support and they blamed my device. So I took their word for it, and figuring my device was defective I bought a new one (another Galaxy tab). Shortly after that the same thing thing happened again on a brand new device that only had 3 programs loaded outside of stock: Palm Tech, Easy WindMit Pro, and Easy 4 Point Pro. At the tail end of a marathon 8 hour inspection the device crashed while attempting to take a photo in Palm Tech. This had happened before, and usually I can get the information back, but this time I lost the entire inspection due to a corrupt file. Once again customer service blamed the device, and talked over me when I tried to explain that the device was brand new and that this had happened before where either the entire device crashes, or just Palm Tech crashes, and that it had happened on 2 new devices that had only been used for home inspection. The next time that it happened to me I called again to find out if they were having issues on Samsung Galaxies, and I got the exact same treatment. This time they blamed the device even though Palm Tech was the only program that crashed on it and lost my work. When I explained that the device didn't shut down, they blamed the wind mitigation program for blocking Pal Tech from taking picture. Not good. Here is customer service in a nutshell if you have an actual issue with the software not working properly: A person will answer the phone and you tell them your issue, they put you on hold for a minute or two, then they come back and tell you your device is at fault. I've called them several times for several different issues and each time I get the same treatment. They will not help you troubleshoot, and they've told me they don't know how.

Ryan from Arrow Inspection Services LLC

Fully functional inspection software

I have been using palm tech software now for 13+ years, easy use with insertion of pictures at the location in report that the problem is located

Cody from Synergy Home Inspections

Save Time=Make More Money

Great overall product. I am a fully licensed home inspector and I have used Palm Tech for 3 years across my desktop computer, tablet and phone. Great customer support via phone if you ever get stuck. Once you spend the time to add your own personal notes, such as common or recurring issues in a home, it incredibly speeds up report writing time. I highly recommend Palm tech.

Pros

Speeds up report writing time.

Frank from Pinpoint Home Inspections

Great Software!

We have been using PalmTech for about 3 years now. This is the 3rd. program we've used since becoming home inspectors. This is a great piece of software. I love that you can customize your report to whatever you want/need it to be. I would highly recommend this software to any home inspector. My real estate agents love the report. The reports are easy to read and understand.

Pros

Customization

Ian from Spec-Pro LLC

Not Bad - Better Than Most Give It Credit For

Overall I like the software, and I am a long-time user. Their customer service is WAY better than it used to be.... not great still, but light-years from where it was.

Pros

I like how malleable it is in the field. I can (relatively) quickly add and remove items in the field

Cons

Kinda clunky. If I find a defect onsite, I have to click a lot to actually add that defect into the report

Reasons for Choosing Palm-Tech home inspection

More malleable in the field.

Dustin from Ace Home Inspections of GBR

Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software

Overall I feel this software is easy to use and makes great looking reports.

Pros

This software has been easy to use and creates professional easy to read reports for my clients. I really like that you can send the reports via your cell phone.

Cons

The software preforms great and I haven't noted anything I dislike so far. It is a great tool for my home inspection company.

Kimberly from Non Profit Organisation

Love being able to use my Tablet on Home Inspections

Pros

I love being able to use my iPhone or iPad to do home inspections. I am able to take photos email them to other reps to see their thoughts on area.

Cons

Sometimes with internet use some data is lost in app. Sometimes I am able to recover it but something I lose important details or photos I have taken from the home before process has started or completed.

Jason from Quality Home Inspections

Home inspections

I don't know if it does this, but I have had realtors and clients ask if I could write up a summary of things that need attention or fixed. So I think it would be nice if at the end of the report there's a page where you can write a summary of the items that need to be addressed and the pictures would show up and a little info would be under each picture. You could have a setting where you click on all the areas that need to be addressed and they would move to the summary page and have the information underneath each picture.

Response from PDmB

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the review Jason! The program can create a summary items that need attention and it's easy to setup. You can have a single summary created or multiple summaries created based on what rating is selected. Give us a call at (888)736-2462 or shoot us an email and we can help you get it setup.

David from Top Down Home Inspection LLC

The best tool in my box

When my computer fails, help has always been just a phone call away.

Pros

Easy customization and excellent support.

Cons

I'm not sure I have any cons...Maybe the upfront cost, but I feel that over the years that was well worth it. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the next version soon. The spell check is not as good as Word.

Jason from Master Spec Home Inspection

Highly recommend

Great product. I have used it for 3 years. Very easy to use and reliable. I get compliments from my clients and agents all the time about how professional my reports look. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

It's a bit expensive.

Ryan from Arrow Inspection Services LLC

Home inspection software

Professional looking pdf reports upon completion of inspection makes ease of review for my client to understand

Pros

Ease of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern

Cons

Real time updates if used by multiple users on same inspection

Andre from Realty inspection Services, LLC

Great Software

I really like the fact that it so compatible with different phones and operating software. The app is quick and easy. The cloud makes it great to schedule and upload all the inspections for the day.

Pros

Easy and quick

Cons

need to be able to store phone numbers with contacts names

Sylvain from Two Peaks Home Inspections Inc.

5 years Palm-Tech User

Detailed check lists, modifications enable, straight forward reporting. I love how good my reports look and so are my clients.

Pros

Detailed, easy to use

Terry from Be There Home Inspections Inc

Best report writing software ever

The software is easy to use and very fast. I can normally generate the report while on site. And have it emailed before I leave the house. I Use to spend several hours at home writing reports. The Palm Tech software has given me more time to spend with my wife and kids.

Pros

Speed

Cons

There are no Cons.

Jason from Catch All Inspections

Nice in the field Software

I use this on a Ipad in the field. It works out great. Only downside is the narratives, they are all bad and I had to put all my own narratives in.

Pros

Layout and Flexiblity

Cons

Pre loaded Narratives

mike from dollar home inspection

outstanding

I have used other home inspection software with mixed results. the ease and versatility of Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software is second to none. Their customer service representatives are always knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

security, customer service, ease of use

Cons

the finer points and adjustments of an active report has a "learning curve" its best to practice on a non-active inspection

John from Homestyle Inspections

Palm Tech is a great app

Been using this app dorore than 3 years. It is easy to use and intuitive. Like the fact that I can Install this on many machines without purchasing individual licenses.

Pros

Easy to use and the cloud features.

Cons

Wish it had ability to work with videos in reports. Some of the default reports for Radon are not easily found. Support helped me figure these items out and work through them.

John from Home Probe Alberta

Only the best for Home Probe Alberta

At Home Probe Alberta our initiative is to provide clear, accurate reports to our clients. The information that we provide them is vital to their home buying decision. To achieve our goal, we researched several inspection programs with a rating system and found that Palm Tech Inspector was most likely to benefit our needs. The software is easy to navigate and over the last 12 years we have been able to adjust the templates as relevant topics become evident. Our diction library in the drop downs has made our report writing time more efficient, as we present our reports at the time of inspection. We can split screen our Surface Pro to slide photos into the report. The program then provides the capability of adding notes and highlights to the photos. Feedback from both clients and realtors has provided conclusive reassurance that our decision to use Palm Tech Inspector is the key to achieving our constant initiative of providing the data that our home buyers need to make an informed decision. John Lapointe homeprobealberta.com

Steve from Wasden property inspection,llc

It worked great until the upgrade. My iPads shut down and lose all information and photos.

Cons

Shutting down in the middle of an inspection. Shutting down and losing all information in that category. Support staff gave me a few suggestions but then just threw up their hands and said "There's nothing else to do to fix it " I'm not looking forward to learning a new software in the middle of the busy season.

Steven from Clearview Home Inspections Eccl.9:10

Palm-Tech Home Inspection Software

I've been using this software for nearly 17 years and it's the very best there is. My reports are so detailed and thorough that my past clients consistently refer their family and friends to me.

Michael from Pro-Tec Home Inspections LLC

Too slow to have completed by end of inspection.

Pros: If you want the most professional looking and detailed report this is it. Cons: it takes too long to fill this report out. It is impossible to have the report complete and ready for your client by the end of your inspection.

Pros

It's the most detailed and professional looking report I have seen.

Cons

It's too complicated with the drop-down menus to use and have completed by the end of your inspection.

John from Real Estate Developers

For get it crashes

Nil

Cons

Palm-Tec service poor Nothing to back up and un helpful emailed phoned same on going problem crashing tried very thing disappointing

Ralphele from Carefree Home Inspection Services, Inc

Great Software!

I've used Palmtech for several years now and I have had little to no complaints with the software. It allows me to input the necessary info into the program without any hassle or errors. The features I like the most is moving/deleting/copying lines where needed. The only change I wouled make is to have the final report formatted to have a more "eye friendly" appearance - not so cluttered looking. It could be my lack of knowledge in transforming the lines; otherwise, I would have given this 5 Stars across the board!

Perry from A Fresh Look Home Inspection Services, Inc.

Looking Solid from the start.

Comparing my first few reports to samples on other Inspectors web sites and I'm very pleased so far. You only get one chance at a first impression, and your Report has to look good from day one. I'm sure I'll change things as I go, but so far I'm very confident in how everything looks and is presented. I have had a couple of issues so far, but they ended up being a simply the learning curve associated with playing with a new tool. But the customer support individuals have patience that's for sure.

Mike from Top Notch Inspections

Palm tech Rocks!

I have been using the Palm Tech software since about 2003, I reviewed many and went for this one. Glad I did! I can do my full reports, including emailing them onsite! All I have to do is cash the check, unless the pay with a credit card. Love not being tied down at night. A couple local inspectors where using 3-D and they didn't like the product, I told them I really like Palm Tech, they took my word and have been happily using it since. Thanks again for making me look good for all those years!

Brandon from Assurance Property Inspections

Palm Tech Review

I started my inspection business in 2009 and was looking for software to use for my reports. I wanted something easy to use and affordable. I chose Palm~tech and have never looked back. I have been using then since day one and they have been great. Everything from customer support to software updates I have been very happy. The software is easy to use and change to my own specifications. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone in the inspection industry.

Douglaus from Inspect Mobile LLC

5 years in, no complaints

Been using PalmTech since 2012 and I love it. Recently I began looking at two other programs thinking I might be missing something but they still didn't have features like adding arrows on pictures when onsite using an iPad. There's no reason for me to change. I've rarely needed any service from the staff but when I had a question like switching my computer they were fast to answer and it was a real answer.

Solid software that has been around for a while

Pros

This software is easy to use and creates professional looking reports. It's solid software with a local office to back it up.

Cons

It is a little dated in terms of look and feel. The software is also a little word heavy. Tech support may not be as instantaneous as some other software companies.

David from Added Value Home Inspections, LLC

Why I use Palm-Tech Software

Clients like the reports because they are easy to understand and very complete. They receive their report fast and very seldom even have a question about the condition of their home choice

James from Red sky

Great software and support.

Palm-Tech has been very helpful when I have had any questions. Works well on IPhone and ipad. Pretty simple to create your own template as well. Customer service and support is excellent.

Adam from Beach Home Inspections

The backbone of my business

I have used Palm Tech since early version 4. It is a vital component of my business. I am a loyal customer and hope that the desktop product never changes. Thanks for the great product.

Tony from All American Home Inspection

Software for the technically challanged

Thank you for developing a software system that is intuitive in its use and making it easy to use for even the most technically challanged

Grorge from Bass home inspection Inc

Ohio Ashi Inspector

This cost effective software has helped produce top quality inspection reports and increase my profitability at the same time

John from Inspector Boden

It works

Programs working great!

Not a very good software

Pros

Mobile friendly with lots of options to use.

Cons

Poor support and UI and not a good final report.