• Pros

• "The functionality of this software is great. Being able to connect all of our companies and quote them all at once is a huge time savor. "

• "This product has saved me HOURS of doing competitive quoting! It was the best decision our office has ever made."

• "It has a great potential and lots of options included that others charge extra for. "

• Cons

• "At times, the quote process fails but typically we have found that this isn't the software but at times the insurance company we are working with."

• "Sometimes if you go back in to review quote, it bridges over again to the carrier and you have a lot of quotes"

• "Sometimes it doesn't rate and you don't know why."

Browse EZLynx Reviews

Pramod from Pi Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

EzLynx is best companion for agency

Pros

EzLynx is best solution for any insurance agent who is growing. EzLynx helps agency to streamline his work, manage his customer data and generate more business by focusing more on marketing. It saves lot of agent's time and efforts. EzLynx offers seamless integration with many carriers and Agency Management Systems. Prompt Defaults are time-saver for those repeated questions for carriers. Exporting data from EzLynx to your AMS is as easy as simple click. In EzLynx, your customer data is stored securely and permanently unless you delete it explicitly. EzLynx is must have solution for any independent insurance agency which wants to grow soon and fast.

Cons

Currently carrier specific questions are scattered throughout all pages. They need to be streamlined more and should be placed at one place if possible.

Phillip from Phil Adams Insurance

Insurance CRM and Rater - Industry Standard

I am able to keep track of x dates, renewals and client documents better than with the other CRM I was using, and having the ability to download from carriers is great.

Pros

I began using EZ Lynx after I outgrew a smaller CRM. I wanted more features specific to the industry and EZ Lynx provided the answer. It has become the industry standard after growing and their recent update outperforms the old standbys. I had to manually transfer my CRM contacts over, but features such as client center have become great additions to making sure my clients can get cards and ID's when they are ready. Overall, I am happy with using this CRM.

Cons

I wish they had a better system to train, the learning curve seems a bit longer than other CRM's, and I wish they had a better way to import from spread sheets.

Reasons for Choosing EZLynx

Bundling with the rater provided.

Reasons for Switching to EZLynx

Needed a more industry specific CRM.

Robert from bob korvas agency

after the honeymoon

I was so hopeful and excited by the pitch and product potential. But just like romance, after the honeymoon you see what life with your partner is really like. You start looking elsewhere and think about a divorce because you can't take the excuses, the apathy, unreliability, extra time and effort that affects your productivity.

Pros

Cons

support is like talking to a parrot. Like almost every technology and software company, they say the same thing over and over on why the functions don't work. Specifically the standard 'excuse' clear the cache is like the cure all. Yeah right...Why should you have to clear the cache everyday??? the other software doesn't require it. In fact I've almost never needed to clear the cache. HERE"s the supports favorite quote: "This is an intermittent issue, please complete the steps to clear your cache. Log out of EZlynx, clear your cache, close the browser and re-try accessing the forms."

Gretchen from Amherst Insurance

EZ Rater

Great, great system to have in our office to help quote

Pros

So easy to use, screens are easy to manage and maneuver through. Bridges the quotes to all our carriers

Cost

Rebecca from Oakwood Insurance Agency

Good rater - not many problems

I prefer this rater to many others. It’s better to call tech support with EZLynx than sending in a ticket through their automated reporting. This is a great tool that we are able to use to highly improve efficiency.

Pros

This rater makes my job a lot easier. I am able to put most rating information in the rater once and get quotes back from many companies. There are rarely any issues. We are able to set both agency and personal preferences and create templates to make the work faster.

Cons

Tech support tickets are not as fast as I’d like to see. I’d also like to be able to rate other lines of mono-line business such as rental dwellings or snowmobiles. I would like to not have their marketing for their database system in my face all the time when I log in. I would like an opt-out option.

brad from lamoreaux insurance

Not easy start up

Pros

I liked the pricing and the features. I liked the fact that this is a simple industry specfice CMS.

Cons

Their implementation team is terrible. I couldn't get timely call backs and their was almost no help getting up and running. The sales rep called every other day and was quick to get back with you. After I signed up it was crickets. My requests for help were answered with "watch this video". Some times a guy just wants to talk to someone! Sometimes it is so much easier to ask your question, get an answer and move on with your day!

Perceived value and price

Lee from Lee Campos Insurance Services Inc

DO NOT buy this software

The 1st and 2nd training call start like this, OK what do you want to learn or focus on? I answered EVERYTHING i need to know how to use the software i need help, You can probably guess what answer you recieve. Online TRAINING VIDEOS YEAH!!!!!!! So in conclusion if you are older than 30 then you probably will have a heck of a time and grow to resent everything about this software. I wish i could go on about this software but I dont know what else it does or doesnt do so good luck in your decision. I hope this helps you make an informed decision and yes i wrote this with an attitude and chip on my shoulder but i did so after 198 days of frustration.

Pros

the potential it has and many many features it offers

Cons

Where do I begin, I have been working with and trying to master this software for 8 months now and i am at the point of giving up. 1) Customer service is an absolute joke, dont ever plan on anyone answering the phone the hold times are 10-30-50 minutes long so you have no choiuce but to have someone call you back. The issue with this is as soon as you hang the phone up you are onto something else. When they do call you back you can be assured that they will help you with the one item you called in about and immediatly direcvt you to the online training videos that are 5-7 years old. you will feel the pressure to wrap up any question you might have so they can get off the phone and direct you to the videos and self learning. OH and if its close to the end of the day you can almost garuntee that you will be hung up on right in the middle of your conversation THIS IS LIKE CLOCKWORK DAILY. 2) Onboarding: this is a laughable, what this really means is that you pourchase the software and put down your $1,000 or $2,000 and then after a few days you are giving an appointment for a MONTH later to get started. So you ask what am i supposed to do until then after all your trying to start a business right. ANSWER: self training videos link YEAH!!!!!! 3) the trainig call when you do get onto the phone with the trainer after a month you have 100 questions and dont know where to start or what to ask.

Reasons for Choosing EZLynx

I am brand new to the Independant side of the business and didnt know any better.

Jim from Jim Steed Agency - Options Insurance

Unable to Retrieve Basic Reporting/Metrics Info

Competitive Rater = 100% satisfaction. AMS = 25% satisfaction.

Pros

Up-front d/base for downloading/bridging into carrier systems...after that it's basically worthless from my experience.

Cons

Virtually non-existent customer support with reporting problems; no one is empowered to do anything. Constant, repetitive reporting error messages. Unable to obtain the most basic metric data regarding my book of business despite purchasing the AMS reporting features. Numerous reported issues with inability to obtain metrics for MY DATA (housed in EZLynx) that I'm paying for that just die on the vine with no resolution after an initial interchange with customer support. No resolution.

Claire from Trust Us Insurance Agency

Confusing-poor service

They gave me an e-mail for someone to complain to. She responds to pacify me but nothing get's done about the issues I'm having. The links in service e-mail for training videos are outdated and waste of time watching them to find the videos don't match the actual platform. The service dept's stock answer is "it's the carriers fault, or that's the way the carrier wants it". I talked to 2 rep's and they were very upset that it's not working or rating correctly. They checked and it's not the carriers request that answers affecting rating are missing or the question is missing completely.

Pros

When it works it makes quoting easy by moving information between the policy and the quote platform

Cons

Everything from trying to figure out who to call and what dept they work in when I don't understand the phone selections (I had to listen to the names under each phone extension, hang up and try to next to find anyone I need to talk to), I was told 2 months and it's been 4 and we still aren't up and running, Service blows off complaints that affect rating and after 5 weeks I FINALLY had someone actually look and I'm right and the selections to get an accurate quote missing. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't done anything to fix it yet. I was supposed to get 3 months free during conversion and have been charged. It's made double the work during a busy time and I don't see an end in sight. I expected disruption for 2 months-it's been over 4 so far)!

value

Reasons for Switching to EZLynx

I was told by some company rep's they were accurate and easier to use. That hasn't been the case for me.

Linda from Insurance Agency

Genius!

I would give this five stars, it will save you a ton of time if you represent a large number of companies.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the carrier questions seem a little redundant, but I am not sure that is the fault of the software.

Jed from J. Edward Norton Insurance Services

Decent large software for an agency

Pros

I would say that the reason for buying it would be the multirater, and if you buy the agency software its because of the multirater. 98% of the time the multirater works and it works great but the times it doesn't, it can be a pain figuring out what the error is from the carrier and how to fix it in the application. So as long as you don't encounter any issues this software is a dream but how many of you know anyone that never has software issues? Yeah none. So if you are savvy with software or have an IT team or network admin that you can use to troubleshoot with EZLynx than it is the software for you!

Cons

When the multirater failed due to an error (likely from my own making), however, not knowing how to fix it was annoying and then to have to call our MGA and then have them call EZLynx was a nightmare waiting in insurance purgatory for an answer! Otherwise its very easy to use and if you don't encounter issues the software is great! I would say the only other con is that its a little confusing when you have a client in the system to re-submit an app since you keep using the original quoting information and never re-submit a new application (except for re: to the quote--that is new) otherwise you just enter over previous information which is disconcerting because it doesn't appear you have previous application information.

Reasons for Choosing EZLynx

They have a multirater but we went with NowCerts because it was cheaper and they were quicker to respond with customer service and tech support complaints. However we solely use EZlynx for our multirater needs.

Sagar from Pi tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Best all-in-one solution and rating sytem for agency

When I first started working for Insurance Agency, I used to fill up the customer data on every carrier website we represented manually and it used to take hours just to complete one quote for only handful carriers. Then came along EzLynx like a bliss. It was like a magic that time (in 2005) for us. What used to take 3-4 hours, we could do within just half an hour or less. Earlier EzLynx had its fair share of problems but their wonderful customer support always helped out us on every way. EzLynx also worked hard on improving system over years to perfect system, what it is as of today. My journey with EzLynx have been wonderful experience. It is must have system for all insurance agencies.

Pros

Easy to use, navigate quote rating system. Supports most carriers and best integration with them. Good intergration with HawkSoft and other agency management systems.

Cons

Must support more Line of Business quoting in Texas, like Dwelling Fire.

Steve from Priority Risk Management

Need integration with Infusionsoft and NowCerts

See above

Pros

The rater is easy to use. I like the rater.

Cons

The software does not integrate with my crm or agency management system, therefore I have to do double entry. I cannot import a lead from a form. You do have email campaigns to replace Infusionsoft but it is not as robust feature wise as infusionsoft. When you purchase all your addons like sales center etc, the program becomes way too costly for a 3 man shop. I've had the customer prefill for years and it has never worked. I cancelled it a while back. N ow I'm looking at switching to PL rater because they say their prefill works plus they have integration with mvrs to look up tickets and accident.

andrew from fry & bommentre

New update

New update where if if customer has not lived at current address for 3 years at least you MUST put a prior address. I called to see if there is a way around and was told no. I explained that none of my carriers require a prior address if insured lived at current for at least 1 year. I was told it didn't matter. I asked for a supervisor and was told they would call or email but i haven't heard anything.

Pros

They have rates for all of my carriers .

Cons

I do not like the new requirement that insured must have lived at current for at least 3 years or prior address MUST be listed. You cannot work around this even though None of my carriers require it.

Mary from Modern Agency Insurance Group

I love EzLynx

Pros

EzLynx uploads my policies within 24 hours of issuance, keeps track of my book of business daily and I am able to get updated reports on renewals and cancellations very quickly. I can upload any accord form that is needed for an app into 1 document so that I can save the app within 1 document rather than filling out several accord forms into separate docs. I love that I can fill out the forms within there system so I don't have to do it all by hand, so that saves a lot of time for me.

Cons

I do have carriers that don't upload directly into EzLynx yet so I have to manually insert policies myself in order to get a correct premium count for my annualized premium. They do have a lot of carriers that auto update, but I wish that they had every carrier in the insurance industry available.

Great features and online functionality.

Pros

The mobile versions are great. I love the texting ability and all the text messages sync with the insureds file. The documents are amazing, you can even upload your own custom fillible PDF documents and EZLynx will prefill information such as client name, address, phone number, and many other sections.

Cons

The software is great but there are many needed features that have been suggested and the company has yet to implement them. The e-signature document setup will sometimes glitch and you will have to exit the process and start over.

Kim from IAA

EZ LYnx review

makes your job simple to quote multiple products for your clients in a small amount if time

Pros

You are able to import all your client data in an easy click of a button and it runs quotes fast and simple

Cons

the support is not always timely when you need assistance on an error or updating data, you sometimes need to leave a message and wait for a call back

Kelli from Trenchant

Pros

I love that when you have leads that come in from a lead generator the information is automatically in EZlynx. We tried another comparative rater because they were priced lower but we switched back to EZlynx because it works much better.

Cons

I am very happy with the software and we have used it for 15 years

Emily from Allstate

Great software!

I like Ezlynx. We just started to use this software, but I am really impressed! It is easy to use and very useful. It has a lot of features and saves a lot of my time! Not only I can input customer info and rate, I can upload files, I can create accord forms and send it via Email. It is all hosted in the cloud, so I can access Ezlynx anywhere and anytime. I especially love their customer service/tech support! They are very nice and helpful and respond really quick! Last time I called them, they solved my problem in 3 min! Overall, I love Ezlynx, and I would recommend this to anyone.

Pros

It is all hosted in cloud so I can access anywhere and anytime. It is very easy to use and very useful.

Cons

Nothing really.

A decent product for independent personal lines insurance brokers

EzLynx was simple and easy to learn and use but we pivoted away from it as we increased the complexity of our products.

Pros

Other management systems are more complex but simple and straightforward is an advantage for personal lines

Cons

EzLynx didn't seam to be a good solution for commercial accounts and other complex insurance products.

A step in the right direction but not completely there.

Pros

EZ Lynx has increased the productivity in our office significantly. The time it takes to quote a client is much better then our previous software. We also enjoy using the different tracking features to see how sales reps are doing and in calculating up their commission amounts each month. We also use the notes feature quite a bit to keep track of clients and where the last agent left off.

Cons

EZ Lynx charged us a big conversion fee when we switched over. They also could improve features on a more timely manner. We've been asking for some improvements for years and every time they tell us it's a good idea but we never get a follow through.

Steve from Judd Insurance Agency

EZ Lynx

This saves us a ton of time. We no longer need to go into each company's website to do quotes. We go to this website, and it is a one-stop shop to compare pricing initially.

Pros

This software makes comparative rating a breeze for insurance quoting purposes.

Cons

This product handles everything that we need it to.

Ryan from Williamson Insurance Services

Easiest software to use to rate multiple companies at once.

Huge time saver!

Cons

Not Perfect - But Definitely A Time Saver!

Pros

As an independent agent, we represent about 20 different companies. EZLynx serves its purpose as a rater that allows us to get pricing for those companies with ease. I am generally able to get some pricing with all of my companies in about 3 minutes time.

Cons

EZLynx allows customization of how you want to quote/information that is prefilled/etc. - but there are limitations. There are still instances of us having to enter information for every quote in which if there was a way for it to be prefilled that it would save a lot of time.

Using EZLynx

Pros

The rater functionality is good with the Carriers that are available. There are also quite a few video tutorials available.

Cons

I find the reporting section underwhelming and lacking proper definitions or assistance. Billing is confusing and not specific enough as to what you are paying for in larger organizations. Also the support is very slow. Responses can take days or longer.

Good product but could be improved

Pros

It's a good organizational tool. It also is the quickest way to submit quote requests to multiple carriers.

Cons

I wish that dwelling fire policies were easier to quote. I also wish that ezlynx could tell you when a policy was ineligible with a carrier.

Corey from Conestoga Insurance Partners, LLC

Easiest multi rating system I have used

Makes getting multiply quotes at the same time way more easy!!

Pros

Straight forward and user friendly. They have put more thought into this than a lot of the major carriers have. It is simple and leads from one page to the next.

Henry from I Know We Insurance

very easy to use and very helpful when extracting monthly reports

keeping track of progress

Pros

stores information very good. reports are very helpful. email campaigns helps us grow

Cons

glitches in the system sometimes ..rarely

Justin from Gennock Corp

FULL TIME JOB

Customer service is alway 15 minutes hold. They call you back and they can only help with one out of 5 things.

Pros

I signed up for the lower cost - man was this a mistake. Talk about things not being simple or easier. Talk about zero help and guidance. On boarding was supposed to be a breeze. I am 100 days in and still do not have this system up right. I have thought about writing a negative review multiple times and refrained from that. Their system software is dated. Companies you are working with software is dated. Nothing is easier. The NAIC codes right now are not even in the system. I have hundreds of unpatch clients I have to go into and sort manually. No email address come over on the system. Pretty awful. They are not able to split codes up for under multiple producers without having to pay $100s per producer even if I just want the information for myself.

Cons

I am imputing everything into the system myself. You say you pay for onboarding - it is a lot of works. Setting up an IVANS account. Going back and forth with every company multiple times. If you have a quote in Safeco for example, you cannot pull that information down to EZlynx. You have to start the quote there. If you wanted to use their system for payment - you have to log into the carrier anyways. If you are creating a system to store everything you should be able to store things in it and process things from it.

AMS360 was more money.

Ashley from First Choice Insurance Group

Not great - report features, lack of customer support and high price tag are not worth it.

Pros

Was easy to use and navigate - aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

Terrible reporting features, not able to run birthdays with everything else. Bad customer support/on boarding and training.

John from SWFN

CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

TERRIBLE no one to answer a simple phone call, i do not recommend stay with HAWKSOFT or any other Platform this company has gotten too big too fast now they dont even answer calls.

Pros

THE PRICE BUT YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING? YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Cons

No one to talk to, you call voicemail hell. No one even answers calls or return messages. What a terrible company all they do is offer this value package of all under one umbrella. In the end they provide nothing in return. They claim they are all busy and then i was told it takes 8-12 Weeks to convert HAWKSOFT Client data to their Cloud base solution, I had the experience of working with HAWKSOFT always there to answer calls with and will spend hours on the phone with you. This company there version of customer support is just leaving a voicemail message and praying that someone will return a call.

Reasons for Choosing EZLynx

REGRET, currently going back to HAWKSOFT

Reasons for Switching to EZLynx

Penguin Insurance sold it to us.

Gabriel from Commonwealth Casualty Company

Great but comes with a cost

EZLynx is a great rater for agencies that focus on more preferred lines of business if the agency writes more non-standard or standard the cost does not seem to weigh the benefit

Pros

I love that there are many carriers that are available on the rater It's great that you can quote multiple products by just completing one quote The management system is very detailed and can help an agency manage their overall book of business very well Return rates are very accurate and really are only incorrect if the company does not return information correctly or purposely manipulates the rate

Cons

The rater is difficult to learn for new users but they have plenty of tutorials that help along the way The company does not shy away from the fact that they are one of the most expensive raters on the market

Noah from Novotny and Associates

For the Record

This product has made it easy to document Client data and actions in a way that can be easily called upon.

Pros

Compared to products I have used for similar purposes, this has a much smoother upload process.

Cons

Some other competitors products have fantastic bookkeeping software built-in.

Neal from Providence

New user

Excellent

Pros

Used the management system along with the web site. The web site development team is fantastic!

Cons

Management system somewhat complicated, alot of videos to watch but easy to learn

pricing

Reasons for Switching to EZLynx

More usefulness and an overall better product

BRENDA from Southern States Insurance Inc

EZ Lynx

Overall good - would like to see options to put in more repetitive carrier information so as to not waste time repeating stuff every time I do a quote. Makes me not want to use the software because it feel like it takes longer to use it

Pros

Gives you the opportunity to put almost everything you need to get any type of auto/home quotes you need to market

Cons

No user friendly when submitting the information to carriers. Not enough ways to add in information that you seem to have to input everytime you submit to carriers

Rhonda from Frost & Conn, Inc.

Not as good as it once was

Not bad, but the program could use a few short cuts.

Pros

Prefills driver and vehicle information, it is easy to use once you learn all the fields that must be completed.

Cons

The cost, the amount of additional information you have to enter based on each company. I think a lot of the fields could be eliminated.

Donna from Gifts and More Derby

Great Product easy to use

Pros

This is a great rating system. The correct questions are asked upfront, so you don't have a lot of questions for each company when you get to the end.

Cons

No cons that I can remember from past use.

Rating system has kinks.

Pros

Information is easy to input and the software gives you prompts if you overlook something.

Cons

The rating is not always accurate and the discounts do not always come up.

Domingo from Dcruz Agency

Functional but No support.

They have no sense of urgency nor responsibility. Any issue, simple or complex, you are told to email support. Emails are find for simple issues but try to explain a complex problem over email. Support doesn't even use a proper signature for you to reference who you are communicating with; they hide behind emails. Every issues requires multiple explanations and days if not weeks for it to be fixed.

Pros

Easy to use Sales Team is Great Integration with most carriers

Cons

No actual phone support Days to get simple issues fixed Lack of responsibility from the support team.

Elaine from United Commercial Insurance

EZLynx Review

Pros

I like that it allows you to attach files in the comments section as well as in the emails.

Cons

There is only one way to search for a company.

Adam from Real Estate

Good Tool

EzLynx is a necessary evil for me right now. I need to use it for my P/C group that I am a part of. It gets the job done but makes it difficult to choose other AMS providers. It doesn't play well with others. No extra integrations without paying for add on packages. Would love to see them open it up to other AMS providers.

Pros

I like the compatibility this software has with multiple insurance companies and being able to rate policies fairly quickly.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't allow full integration with other AMS systems.

July 2016

Michelle from TKO Insurance Agency

July 2016

Transformed my agency

EZLynx is so easy to use. The UI is intuitive, the training is excellent and I actually love their tech-support. The features are robust and allow us to run our agency from a single platform.

Jimmy from TWFG

Very nice rater

Been using ezlynx for 5 years and it has been a game changer. Some raters only give you access to auto but ezlynx lets you do both.

Pros

Very intuitive.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't rate and you don't know why.

Jason from Integrity First Insurance

Reporting nightmare

Pros

It works well for our service department.

Cons

Obtaining accurate reports is very difficult. They are often broken and will timeout during download. Trying to build a new report is even worse. The customer support for reporting is non-existent. As the marketing person for this agency, I need accurate reports that are easy to create. The data loss is literally stopping my job until our reporting issues are fixed.

Fred from Cote Agency

Worst customer service in the industry

I would highly recommend to try anyone but EZ lynx. Even if they are a little cheaper you will pull your hair out with their greatly sub standard service...…..

Pros

the software is so so. The service is horrible, beware!

Cons

The customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They do not return calls, You can't get a live person. I have been trying to resolve a simple issue for over 2 months.

Darrell from D. Garcia Insurance Agency, LLC

EZLynx review

They system goes down a lot. They will tell you that they are doing update. Here's a solution do the updates when the agents close their office or on the weekends.

Pros

You have all the carriers on one site to do quotes.

Cons

The system is always down. Their excuse is that they are doing maintenance work on system.

cheri from Rancho Del Sur Insurance

EZlynx

Overall, I have had better experience with other management systems. I feel like there is just too much to process

Pros

EZlynx has a ton of features. I really like that you can go directly from someones account and to quoting.

Cons

I feel overwhelmed by EZlynx sometimes. There is so much information that needs to be put in to quotes that feels unnecessary.

JOHN from PARKER REIGLE INSURANCE

COMPARITIVE RATER SOFTWARE REVIEW

THE SOFTWARE DOES HELP US RATE AMONG MANY COMPANIES QUICKLY.

Pros

EASE OF FUNCTIONALITY IN MOST AREAS BUT THERE ARE CERTAIN AREAS THAT COULD USE IMPROVEMENT. IF YOU SUBMIT TO THE COMPANIES MULTIPLE TIMES THEN YOU GET TO MANY QUOTES IN THE COMPANY SOFTWARE.

Cons

LIKE MOST RATING SOFTWARE THERE ARE MANY ERRORS IN THE FINAL RATES. THE SOFTWARE COULD BE IMPROVED.

Travis from Douglas and Lanier Agency, Inc.

EZlynx has its pros and cons, but I find it very useful for newer agents.

Saves time from inputting personal info into each carrier's system.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you input all of the client's information which is then seeded to each carrier.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that sometimes the info you input doesn't translate well to the carrier site and therefore the rates are only accurate when you review from the carrier's website and finish the quote.

Anthony from Cornerstone Insurance Agency

EZLynx

Pros

Having a rating engine & CRM in one product is nice.

Cons

Too many pages to generate quotes. It could be a little more streamlined.