EZLynx Software Reviews

Recommendations

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It has saved me so much time from going into each company and trying it myself, they make it quick and user friendly."
  • icon"Used the management system along with the web site. The web site development team is fantastic."
  • icon"Supports most carriers and best integration with them. Good intergration with HawkSoft and other agency management systems."
  • icon"Terrible reporting features, not able to run birthdays with everything else. Bad customer support/on boarding and training."
  • icon"Obtaining accurate reports is very difficult. They are often broken and will timeout during download."
  • icon"I expected disruption for 2 months-it's been over 4 so far."

Have you used EZLynx and would like to share your experience with others?

All EZLynx Reviews

Rebecca

Good rater - not many problems

I prefer this rater to many others. It’s better to call tech support with EZLynx than sending in a ticket through their automated reporting. This is a great tool that we are able to use to highly improve efficiency.

Pros

This rater makes my job a lot easier. I am able to put most rating information in the rater once and get quotes back from many companies. There are rarely any issues. We are able to set both agency and personal preferences and create templates to make the work faster.

Cons

Tech support tickets are not as fast as I’d like to see. I’d also like to be able to rate other lines of mono-line business such as rental dwellings or snowmobiles. I would like to not have their marketing for their database system in my face all the time when I log in. I would like an opt-out option.

Robert

after the honeymoon

I was so hopeful and excited by the pitch and product potential. But just like romance, after the honeymoon you see what life with your partner is really like. You start looking elsewhere and think about a divorce because you can't take the excuses, the apathy, unreliability, extra time and effort that affects your productivity.

Pros

It has a great potential and lots of options included that others charge extra for.

Cons

support is like talking to a parrot. Like almost every technology and software company, they say the same thing over and over on why the functions don't work. Specifically the standard 'excuse' clear the cache is like the cure all. Yeah right...Why should you have to clear the cache everyday??? the other software doesn't require it. In fact I've almost never needed to clear the cache. HERE"s the supports favorite quote: "This is an intermittent issue, please complete the steps to clear your cache. Log out of EZlynx, clear your cache, close the browser and re-try accessing the forms."

Jef

April 2022

AMS & Rater

I don't see there is a better option for the independent agent at this time. If EZLynx would focus on fixing some of the basic flaws the system would dominate.

Pros

One of the few systems that is a rater and AMS in 1 system. Managing the data we need in multiple systems is an epic waste of time. IMO EZLynx is the best option on the market.

Cons

Report function and CMS are weak. I am not a "report" person but what we have available is subpar. Many of the reports are simply the same garbage report renamed.

Jim

Unable to Retrieve Basic Reporting/Metrics Info

Competitive Rater = 100% satisfaction. AMS = 25% satisfaction.

Pros

Up-front d/base for downloading/bridging into carrier systems...after that it's basically worthless from my experience.

Cons

Virtually non-existent customer support with reporting problems; no one is empowered to do anything. Constant, repetitive reporting error messages. Unable to obtain the most basic metric data regarding my book of business despite purchasing the AMS reporting features. Numerous reported issues with inability to obtain metrics for MY DATA (housed in EZLynx) that I'm paying for that just die on the vine with no resolution after an initial interchange with customer support. No resolution.

Chase

September 2022

EZlynx would be great if they would open their API freely integrate with 3rd party software

customer service team is dishonest, rude and does not have enough product knowledge to solve most issues.

Pros

Rating is great, and the system is cleanly laid out and easy to use.

Cons

extreemly poor integration capabilities.

Reasons for switching to EZLynx

unrelable

A decent product for independent personal lines insurance brokers

EzLynx was simple and easy to learn and use but we pivoted away from it as we increased the complexity of our products.

Pros

Other management systems are more complex but simple and straightforward is an advantage for personal lines

Cons

EzLynx didn't seam to be a good solution for commercial accounts and other complex insurance products.

Cary

June 2022

EZLynx is outdated and frustrated

Pros

Rating engine is decent and rarely goes down.

Cons

Forms cumbersome and take too long to fill out. EZLynx doesn’t integrate easily with other solutions. They claim to have API integration but it’s almost impossible to get support.

Using EZLynx

Pros

The rater functionality is good with the Carriers that are available. There are also quite a few video tutorials available.

Cons

I find the reporting section underwhelming and lacking proper definitions or assistance. Billing is confusing and not specific enough as to what you are paying for in larger organizations. Also the support is very slow. Responses can take days or longer.

Pramod

EzLynx is best companion for agency

Pros

EzLynx is best solution for any insurance agent who is growing. EzLynx helps agency to streamline his work, manage his customer data and generate more business by focusing more on marketing. It saves lot of agent's time and efforts. EzLynx offers seamless integration with many carriers and Agency Management Systems. Prompt Defaults are time-saver for those repeated questions for carriers. Exporting data from EzLynx to your AMS is as easy as simple click. In EzLynx, your customer data is stored securely and permanently unless you delete it explicitly. EzLynx is must have solution for any independent insurance agency which wants to grow soon and fast.

Cons

Currently carrier specific questions are scattered throughout all pages. They need to be streamlined more and should be placed at one place if possible.

Gretchen

October 2022

Personal Lines Rater

Over all is was a great tool to have in our agency

Pros

The ability to put information into one system for easy quoting, the integration with our management system was good

Cons

It didn't always work good with some of our carriers, we would get and error message saying password was incorrect with the carriers

Phillip

Insurance CRM and Rater - Industry Standard

I am able to keep track of x dates, renewals and client documents better than with the other CRM I was using, and having the ability to download from carriers is great.

Pros

I began using EZ Lynx after I outgrew a smaller CRM. I wanted more features specific to the industry and EZ Lynx provided the answer. It has become the industry standard after growing and their recent update outperforms the old standbys. I had to manually transfer my CRM contacts over, but features such as client center have become great additions to making sure my clients can get cards and ID's when they are ready. Overall, I am happy with using this CRM.

Cons

I wish they had a better system to train, the learning curve seems a bit longer than other CRM's, and I wish they had a better way to import from spread sheets.

Reasons for choosing EZLynx

Bundling with the rater provided.

Reasons for switching to EZLynx

Needed a more industry specific CRM.

Jed

Decent large software for an agency

Pros

I would say that the reason for buying it would be the multirater, and if you buy the agency software its because of the multirater. 98% of the time the multirater works and it works great but the times it doesn't, it can be a pain figuring out what the error is from the carrier and how to fix it in the application. So as long as you don't encounter any issues this software is a dream but how many of you know anyone that never has software issues? Yeah none. So if you are savvy with software or have an IT team or network admin that you can use to troubleshoot with EZLynx than it is the software for you!

Cons

When the multirater failed due to an error (likely from my own making), however, not knowing how to fix it was annoying and then to have to call our MGA and then have them call EZLynx was a nightmare waiting in insurance purgatory for an answer! Otherwise its very easy to use and if you don't encounter issues the software is great! I would say the only other con is that its a little confusing when you have a client in the system to re-submit an app since you keep using the original quoting information and never re-submit a new application (except for re: to the quote--that is new) otherwise you just enter over previous information which is disconcerting because it doesn't appear you have previous application information.

Reasons for choosing EZLynx

They have a multirater but we went with NowCerts because it was cheaper and they were quicker to respond with customer service and tech support complaints. However we solely use EZlynx for our multirater needs.

Sagar

Best all-in-one solution and rating sytem for agency

When I first started working for Insurance Agency, I used to fill up the customer data on every carrier website we represented manually and it used to take hours just to complete one quote for only handful carriers. Then came along EzLynx like a bliss. It was like a magic that time (in 2005) for us. What used to take 3-4 hours, we could do within just half an hour or less. Earlier EzLynx had its fair share of problems but their wonderful customer support always helped out us on every way. EzLynx also worked hard on improving system over years to perfect system, what it is as of today. My journey with EzLynx have been wonderful experience. It is must have system for all insurance agencies.

Pros

Easy to use, navigate quote rating system. Supports most carriers and best integration with them. Good intergration with HawkSoft and other agency management systems.

Cons

Must support more Line of Business quoting in Texas, like Dwelling Fire.

brad

Not easy start up

Pros

I liked the pricing and the features. I liked the fact that this is a simple industry specfice CMS.

Cons

Their implementation team is terrible. I couldn't get timely call backs and their was almost no help getting up and running. The sales rep called every other day and was quick to get back with you. After I signed up it was crickets. My requests for help were answered with "watch this video". Some times a guy just wants to talk to someone! Sometimes it is so much easier to ask your question, get an answer and move on with your day!

Perceived value and price

Lee

DO NOT buy this software

The 1st and 2nd training call start like this, OK what do you want to learn or focus on? I answered EVERYTHING i need to know how to use the software i need help, You can probably guess what answer you recieve. Online TRAINING VIDEOS YEAH!!!!!!! So in conclusion if you are older than 30 then you probably will have a heck of a time and grow to resent everything about this software. I wish i could go on about this software but I dont know what else it does or doesnt do so good luck in your decision. I hope this helps you make an informed decision and yes i wrote this with an attitude and chip on my shoulder but i did so after 198 days of frustration.

Pros

the potential it has and many many features it offers

Cons

Where do I begin, I have been working with and trying to master this software for 8 months now and i am at the point of giving up. 1) Customer service is an absolute joke, dont ever plan on anyone answering the phone the hold times are 10-30-50 minutes long so you have no choiuce but to have someone call you back. The issue with this is as soon as you hang the phone up you are onto something else. When they do call you back you can be assured that they will help you with the one item you called in about and immediatly direcvt you to the online training videos that are 5-7 years old. you will feel the pressure to wrap up any question you might have so they can get off the phone and direct you to the videos and self learning. OH and if its close to the end of the day you can almost garuntee that you will be hung up on right in the middle of your conversation THIS IS LIKE CLOCKWORK DAILY. 2) Onboarding: this is a laughable, what this really means is that you pourchase the software and put down your $1,000 or $2,000 and then after a few days you are giving an appointment for a MONTH later to get started. So you ask what am i supposed to do until then after all your trying to start a business right. ANSWER: self training videos link YEAH!!!!!! 3) the trainig call when you do get onto the phone with the trainer after a month you have 100 questions and dont know where to start or what to ask.

Reasons for choosing EZLynx

I am brand new to the Independant side of the business and didnt know any better.

Steve