HawkSoft CMS Software Reviews

HawkSoft CMS Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The product itself is functional and easy to use."
  • icon"Its very simple to follow and use, i love it ITS EASY TO FOLLOW, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE TO ALL COMPANIES."
  • icon"There are so many things to list. And with every update the system keeps improving."
  • icon"They system frequently goes offline, sometimes for days, and this completely shuts down an agency."
  • icon"I don't expect it to be everything to my agency but HS seems to try to be that which I dislike."
  • icon"Sometimes it will lag a little while typing and the screen will jitter while in the internal Internet Explorer browser."

Browse all HawkSoft CMS Reviews

• Have you used HawkSoft CMS and would like to share your experience with others?

Pramod

HawkSoft - Agency's best companion

We have used many AMS like AMS360, EzApps, etc for different agencies, but HawkSoft is the BEST. It stands up from crowd and it provides something which no other AMS could provide, PEACE of MIND. We know our data is safe in hands of HawkSoft.

Pros

HawkSoft is best all-in-one solution for small & growing agency as well as well established agency. It can maintain & manage data for thousands of customers without breaking a sweat. Very fluid, modern interface which is very easy to learn and use, loads of customization, complete control over your data and robust performance are plus points of this AMS. Also if you are new user, help is in abundance and available at your fingertips. Their integration with Raters and carriers is time saver.

Cons

Only thing I didn't like about HawkSoft is that their training course (HawkSoft University) are very expensive and provides very generic knowledge for the fees they charge.

May 2022

Love Hawksoft

I switched from one of the big two and the only regret I have is not switching sooner. Current reports do not do historical changes currently.

Pros

The customer service is the most important part of hawksoft. They make you part of the family. It is an amazing family. The program is amazing, it works for our commercial, personal lines and they are growing with partners that help us automate.

Cons

They were amazing to transfer data. The software is not perfect, but it has been amazing and we love it.

Attitude of company.

Vertafore attitude

Response from HawkSoft

Thank you for the heartfelt review. We're glad you feel like part of the family at HawkSoft - that means we've done our job!

Gretchen

October 2022

Management system

So easy to work with if you can understand the client on the phone. We can search clients by address or phone number.

Pros

Hawksoft makes it easy to find clients and manage other items the clients need all in one place and is user friendly.

Cons

Nothing that I dislike, we all had an easy time switching to this system

Reasons for switching to HawkSoft CMS

Cost savings and over all ease of use

Unstable/Constant Issues, but Good when it works

When the system works, it is fine, but it errors about once a week. It is a constant battle and with what we do and how important the system is to our minute by minute workflow, the instability kills this product for us. Knowing this now, I would have opted for a different program/company. You simply can't trust that it will be there all the time for your company, or that work you do won't just be lost at random.

Pros

The ability to drag and drop was a step up from our previous, not much else, perhaps some of the interactivity and organization of the tasks.

Cons

Notes entered can be dropped/lost without notice with relative frequency, and when notes are absolutely essential to what we do, well, simply put, that cannot happen.

Reasons for switching to HawkSoft CMS

The added functionality and ability to use on any device.

Response from HawkSoft

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Michael. The recent connectivity issues you experienced are due to load-balancing problems on one of our servers. It affected only those agencies whose data is hosted on that server, but we understand the frustration caused by the loss of productivity and disruption to your business, as well as the impact that trickles through to policyholders who trust your agency for timely service. The connectivity issues lasted for nearly half the day for most agencies in that region. We trust that your agency is now back up and running. We value you as a customer, Michael, and we want to understand all of your concerns as fully as possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support@hawksoft.com if you would like to discuss your experience further. While we can't promise that there will never be disruptions to service, we can promise that we'll leave no stone unturned to make it right for you and your agency when there is a disruption.

Replied August 2020

Paulette

Using Hawksoft for our Agency Management System

Overall, Hawksoft management and the development team are wonderful to work with and receptive to what an agency needs. There are many features that enable us to save time when handling our clients. The direct links that can be set up to company websites is a great help. Agency Intelligence gives a quick snapshot of the book of business so you can see where to focus your cross selling attempts.

Pros

Having only used Hawksoft for a little more than a year, it is still a "work in progress". The support staff is wonderful whenever you have to call in to ask a question. There are many wonderful features that are very user friendly and time saving, such as the "hot keys", "external links", and other quick features on the task bar. I really like using the "virtual printer" which makes it very easy to attach a document so it doesn't have to be printed and scanned. The drag & drop feature is also very convenient. The "help" feature and all of the training guides give you step by step processes to follow, so "self-training" is easy as well. Management is delightful to work with and very receptive to agency needs. It integrates with our emailing system well.

Cons

These are the things that could assist running an agency smoother: Reports could be easier to use. It would be nice if you could "drill down" commission reports more specifically like you can production reports. Also, the commercial book of business is skewed because when tax & fees are added to the premium it looks like there is more premium than there actually is. Commercial lines could be easier to navigate through. It is not as user friendly for life & health and there is no category to segment "Group Benefits". It's all lumped under "other". Commission Reports for Life & Health are difficult to reconcile for various reasons. We chose Hawksoft because we were told that every line of business could be combined into 1 management system (except for investments of course) and that is not as simple as it sounds. There are challenges. Integrating with a rater would be wonderful for personal lines. A pet peave of the agency principle is that you have to click too many things to get out of something. Agency billing & invoicing is a challenge at times.

Lee

December 2021

Like drinking from a fire hose

Pros

I came from captive world so does all was quite a shock but the software does what it says it will do

Cons

It seems like companies put way too many options and features into software these days like they have to give you every option in the world, I would like to find a company that just keeps it simple and a little more basic. There are 12 major tasks that are done in anb insurance agency each week and software these days does about 10,000. Warren Buffet does not even have a computer on his desk.

Response from HawkSoft

Thanks for leaving us such a great review, Lee! The HawkSoft system does include a lot of options - our goal is to allow agencies to set things up in whatever way works best with their workflows, rather than conforming their processes to our system. Many of our features are implemented due to feedback from real agencies who have requested them. There is always a learning curve for adopting a new system, but but our training guides and videos can help you get the basics down quickly. And you have consultation sessions with our implementation team across your first year to help you learn more once you've got that down! Feel free to let them know if there's anything your agency could use a little extra help on.

Replied February 2022

Rebecca

Economical, user-friendly agency management

Hawksoft is economical and offers great growth opportunity for the agency. Their support is knowledgeable and quick. They work well even with our outside tech support company. We are able to efficiently maintain our database and our employees can easily navigate the system making them more productive.

Pros

Intuitive - easy to use. Adding functionality frequently. Allows many windows open at once in case we get client calls one after another. Economical - much better pricing than most other products. Lots of reporting options that help us keep on top of many agency aspects from sales to retention, to the flow of business. Several opportunities to connect and learn annually with the conventions they offer around the country. Great learning sessions in each - highly recommend attending conventions.

Cons

Slower-than-desired rollout of integrated texting that our clients want. Software doesn't do quite as good of a job of exporting to multi-raters (EZLynx in particular) as I'd hope. Some of the things I would expect to match up do not and we have to adjust them manually. There are a few things (like vehicle types or branded titles) that we can't run reports on.

Sagar

Best Agency Management System Ever

We are storing and maintaining over 1000 customers in HawkSoft, seamlessly and effortlessly. Fetching customer info, updating data, printing documents/certificates is piece of cake in HakwSoft. Every agency must have this system.

Pros

I have been using HawkSoft CMS since 2008 for the agency I work with. System was fantastic to start with even in 2008, but it kept evolving every year with new features and turned into THE BEST system I ever came across. It has all the bells and whistles one could wish for from such type of systems. Easy of use, help on the every click and integration with other carriers, rating websites makes this system perfect solution. I am not an insurance agent, however I could master it within just few days of use.

Cons

None. Its just perfect. HawkSoft people already keep adding new features, improving, fixing it to the system which is already perfect.

Dan

A True Partner

While at national user group conference, agency owner to founder of HawkSoft "I wish we could do this in HawkSoft." Founder of HawkSoft "I like it!" - to his development guys in the room "Figure out how we are going to do that because it's gonna happen!" They listen and respond. Awesome company to be partnered with!!!

Pros

The most responsive agency management system system I have ever been exposed to! They truly care about their agency partners - our needs and desires!

Cons

I'm actually struggling with finding something I don't like about HawkSoft. It is taking a long time for them to open up their API, but I know they are begin very diligent and purposeful about it and that I can appreciate!

Ryan

Amazing way to keep track of and list your clients data in one place.

Amazing program and awesome support staff when needed.

Pros

This program is very robust. We keep track of all of our client data, signature forms, photos, etc. all within this program. I highly recommend this program to any Insurance or Office Agency.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that you are very limited to what you can customize for individual use. Meaning, every producer in our office likes to set things up to their own systems and color schemes. Although you can do this to an extent, it would be nice if you could do more.

Ally

April 2022

Hawksoft is the best!

I love hawksoft - super efficient and have never given me a problem

Pros

The logs it creates so it covers all your work as long as you work out of the system

Cons

I have no complaints about hawksoft, have been using it for 3+ years myself, on top of how long my employers have as well

Response from HawkSoft

Thanks for leaving such a great review of HawkSoft! The automatic documentation is definitely a favorite among customers. Agencies like to say "if it's not in HawkSoft, it didn't happen!"

Todd

May 2022

Review of Hawksoft CMS

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use, captures all policy detail, integration with Quick Books. Pricing is well below Applied Systems.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Reasons for choosing HawkSoft CMS

Better product for our agency at much less cost.

Reasons for switching to HawkSoft CMS

Cost plus software features fit our agency.

Response from HawkSoft

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you're enjoying the features and ease of use of HawkSoft!

George Jr.

My Hawksoft Experience

We've been members for about five years and have enjoyed our experience more than the other management sytems we've used in the past.

Pros

We like the functionality and the quality of the support team, plus how it easily integrates with external applications (Outlook, QuickBooks and DocuSign).

Cons

I can't think of any that stick out. It's good software.

Feature rich but high learning curve

It’s a great product and one that keeps my workflow moving.

Pros

Accessing to customer files and notes on the fly makes handing customers easy. Keeping notes up to date is essential to making sure that clients are handled on time and according to client requests.

Cons

Lots of features are missing and are added based on fees. So what you may think is included, isn’t, and you’ll get charged monthly for it.

Response from HawkSoft

Thanks for leaving such a great review of HawkSoft! In response to your comment on fees, HawkSoft includes all the core management features you need to run your agency (including reports and dashboards, batch email marketing, accounting workflows, our mobile-friendly Agent Portal, and more) at one price, rather than using pricing tiers. We do also offer add-on features for agencies looking to customize their insurance technology stack, such as our e-Signature solution, Managed Accounting Services, and API integrations for marketing automation, review management, and much more. In our eyes, an agency should have all necessary agency management features included at one flat rate, with the ability to customize their technology stack as their agency grows and their needs evolve. We don't want to build those customization costs into the price when not all agencies will need those features.

Replied June 2021

Steve

The best Agency Management Software ever!

Need i go on..........outstanding!

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. Absolutely the best customer service/support I have ever seen with any vendor in my 35 years as an agency owner. The software is so intuitive that we can have a new hire up and running their first day although of course they continue to learn more features as they continue to use it. This product just works. And they are constantly pushing out additional features and improvements.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Hawksoft. I never need to pay attention to any further solicitations from other agency management vendors. This is what my agency will use until I do not own the agency. And I will strongly suggest that the next owner continue to use Hawksoft.

Reasons for choosing HawkSoft CMS

Functionality, ease of use.

Reasons for switching to HawkSoft CMS

TAM Online was not meeting our needs and was much more expensive. Hawksoft was both a better management for our office and much less expensive.

Very effective client management system.

Being able to text a client directly from the system is very handy and time saving. One of the best updates that they have had.

Pros

Hawksoft is the reason that our business runs so smoothly. Being able to suspend tasks for days, and weeks out is amazing. having a scratch pad to jot things down on while in a client file, or working on another client is helpful. There are so many things to list. And with every update the system keeps improving.

Cons

I guess the only thing that I would have to say, is that I wish that there was an integrated messaging between agents. Not so much text messages, or sending emails, but being able to send a quick note to a co-worker would be helpful.

Response from HawkSoft

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We're happy to hear that HawkSoft is improving your agency workflows. And we're looking forward to adding Automated Tasks in the future, which should help with your wishlist items!

Replied February 2021

Amerah

Hawksoft Review

Hawksoft is very straight forward and easy to use. If you have a question, you can check the training guide real fast. Frankly, with a few tweaks, I would say it could be the perfect system to use in any insurance business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the customer service department is always quick to respond if I have questions. I love that they listen to my ideas regarding improvement and are almost always ready with helpful solutions to my concerns.

Cons

It is not as geared to the commercial side of the business as we would like to see it, especially when it comes to the commercial auto line of business and their additional insureds and when the auto is packaged into one policy with the GL/other lines of business.