• Pros

• "You are able to verify patients benefits. File a claim online. Customer service is quite helpful."

• "It is extremely simple to use and can be used when speaking to new patients on the phone to see what they're benefits are."

• "We absolutely LOVE being able to see VSP patients at our office. Since we are not a VSP provider we do not have access to the patient's benefits. Patch enables us to get a patient's VSP benefits."

• Cons

• "Sometimes it is a bit slow. It can sometimes be challenging to have all the needed data to access a patient's insurance coverage."

• "There is nothing to list. This is a great company with people who care about doing their jobs correctly."

• " I haven't used it enough to have any comments about what I like least about the software. The couple of times I have used it. everything went well. I had no problems."

Browse Patch Reviews

David from Dr. David Lelonek

Easy program to use.

Pros

It's easy to use. And patients get their payments relatively quickly. It is relatively cost-effective.

Annette from EyeQ Optometry

With PATCH, I can have my receptionist file ALL claims before or as soon as the patient walks out !

MORE FREE TIME out of the office and no cut in per patient exam fees verses being IN NETWORK and agreeing to a major reduction in fee just to belong as a provider.

Pros

This software allows me to file insurance claims for most Out of Network vision plans, while also allowing me to receive my full exam price for a comprehensive eye exam without compromising the value, and it's as easy to understand that even my 12 year old can file claims for me! EASE OF USE for the non-technical individual is KEY to keeping my workload down and my free time out of the office at a maximum.

Cons

There are insurance plans that do need a member ID number to obtain benefits, and there are some vision plans that do not regularly distribute ID cards with their members, making it more difficult for the staff AND patient to obtain benefits and file seamlessly. It would be great to only have to use the last 4 digits of the member's social security number like some plans allow.

Mustafa from EZ Optical

Patch is a Hit or Miss

We have been able to file for claim and increase some business. Telling patients that we are Out of Network sometimes turns them off. The insurance providers even talk them out of going out of network. So that could be frustrating at times as well.

Pros

Cons

Payments take a long time to arrive. Once payment is received its not the same as verified. Verifying patient benefits could take a long time. Its quite frustrating at times. We filed claims and providers say they never received the claim. So patch has a long way to go and we are going through the growing pains.

Brendon from Weaver Eye Care Associates

Our Practice LOVES Patch for VSP OON!

We are very happy with Patch and we are in our second year of using them. Submitting OON claims as an open access provider for the patient is a no brainer, because it's less work for the patient than having them fill out their own OON claim forms. When we give the patient our normal retail price of glasses, and then the total they pay with our own discounts and their OON allowances, we rarely get any pushback on them purchasing eyewear. I would say the pushback is less than 10%. Patch pays for itself in only a few OON patients.

Pros

Our practice uses Patch to obtain out of network benefits so that our patients have the freedom to keep us as a provider even though we are not in their network. Being an open access provider is so easy! We use much less staff time working on VSP claims AND we generate more income for the practice per patient. By offering discounts to the patient and accepting assignment (payments) from VSP directly, we are still able to offer great value while at the same time offer premium optical products and services. Also, submitting claims is much easier than submitting claims in network with VSP.

Cons

VSP sometimes makes it difficult for Patch to find the benefits of a patient. But Patch has a direct message system that allows them to look into any problems or discrepancies right away if the benefits don't come up automatically (which they usually do). Even though it make take some time to find benefits for a patient, Patch is there every step of the way letting us know what the status is.

Kim from Advanced Optical

Waste of Money

Terrible customer service. Took 3 weeks to get back to me. Never follows up. This customer service was only good when they wanted to make a sale. Don't get fooled!

Pros

I tried Patch for a month. The website is always down. If not then you are left messaging back and forth with their operators with no results. It was a good sell but a worthless service. I made the mistake of buying a year's service but when I realized it was worthless I offered to pay them 2-3 months but to get a partial refund. They refused. Therefore I don't want other doctors or practices to make my same mistake. It is just a an expensive lesson in futility. Don't wast your time or money!

Cons

All of it! It not worthy your time, your staff's time, your patient's time and definitely not your money!

Adam from William Curran & Son Opticians

A Must Have for ALL Opticians !!

Overall: A +++++++++++

Pros

Patch is great! I highly recommend using it!! - The platform is easy to use the the support team is very friendly and helpful!! - Patch can help finalize the sale! We've been in business since 1952 and we never had to worry about Insurances back in the day, Now, Insurance is the norm and Patch is a game changer that allows us to compete with the chain stores. Everyone wants their "FREE Pair" of eyewear. Patch allows us to sell quality eyewear and help patients get the most out of their out of network insurance benefits.

Cons

Plugging in a patient's information is a little different for each Insurance Carrier. Example: Sometimes you need the Member ID, sometimes S.S. is the only thing that's needed besides other basic information. - We do a lot of eyewear for kids and we are finding a lot of solo plans only for children. Which is tough to then find their benefits because we always need the primary first.

Reasons for Choosing Patch

Other softwares have features that we didn't need. Such as; Inventory, Appointments, etc.

Tiffany from Main Street Spectacles

Industry: Medical Devices

Outstanding company to work with and they provide that best support!

I have increased the number of patients that I can accept by utilizing this program and being able to take patients that I was unable to previous to having Patch. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is looking to streamline their billing and be able to process insurance claims more efficeintly.

Pros

There is a wide variety of insurance companies that are supported by this software. The information required by patients is very minimal and the verification process is much faster than calling or going to the specific insurance company websites. Checks typically come within 3 weeks from major carriers and reimbursement rates are as shown in Patch. The support personnel are highly skilled and take the time to answer all questions regarding insurance.

cynthia from Design Vision

Patch review

Overall its very good. It's expensive for a small practice but our lab has helped us pay for the monthly fee. We do text customer service with issues that come up and they are helpful in getting our questions answered.

Pros

Cons

The time it takes to "pull" the benefits.

Michael from Michael's Optical

Finally a software that not only helps me get more business, but is streamlined and easy to use.

Allows me to see more customers, and give them a stress free visiting by quickly filing their reimbursement claim.

Pros

I could finally tell my customers how much they will get reimbursed so they could understand the true cost of their services. Before all I could do is tell them to call VSP, as you can imagine that strategy was not effective.

Cons

So far it has been easily to understand, and eligibility checks have been successful. The customer support is there when I don't understand a certain feature, and answers any questions I have. Sometimes eligibility checks take more time, but normally quick.

Vick from Freedom Vision

Patch is perfect for OON VSP offices

Pros

This product helps me competer for VSP patients since our practice is out of network. We would not be as successful if it wasn't for this product.

Cons

customer support can be slow at times when we do have issues.

Kristy from B E P OPTICAL LLC

Get Patch

When I have a question customer service has been prompt with their response time & very helpful! I do encourage offices who are OON to look into this option before becoming an in-network provider & have to play the insurance game.

Pros

I like that I can now get OON benefits for patients who want to purchase their eyewear from our office! It pays for itself after helping 1 to 2 people & after that per month those are sales that I would not have had otherwise! The program itself is very easy to use!

Cons

like everything with software it is not perfect. There have been a few claims that had to be resent due to error & VSP can be a little slow at processing. Every once in a while it can take a little time to get the benefits, however that can be the way computers are on some days.

Shane from Cambridge Eye Associates

Rep from customer service was awesome!

Helping the patient find out what benefits they can get for them

Pros

Its easy to use, so user friendly, very helpful, and also the customer service is great. I like that if you have a question you can chat live.

Cons

Sometimes it take a long time to get the information you're trying to get, but usually pretty quick.

Chase from Eyes on Wheaton

Patch was a great practice builder for us.

Pros

Able to capture out of network patients and explain their benefits in an easy way. Easy to use, and was able to communicate within a minute whenever we had an issue.

Cons

No negatives. Platform was easy to use, and patients received their money back in a short amount of time.

Michael from Optical dispensaries

Overall, very positive

Pros

Being able to offer *some* kind of insurance benefit to my customers helps to keep them from going to a different optical. The site/software is generally fast. Your customer service is top notch

Cons

I know that it is not your fault, but VSP takes too long to load compared to other insurances. It is remarkably annoying. Is there any word on when full VSP functionality will come back online? I see far too many patients that do not know what insurance they have. Some type of global search function would be great. NOTE: I left the "Value for Money" section blank since I was not involved with with its purchase

Jill from Tomasino Goerss Vision Source

The platform is very user friendly and the support staff is excellent!

Pros

Cons

Adding addresses - you have to type it in exactly how it appears in google or sometimes it will not recognize it as a valid address

Hossain from Vision Optic

Happy With Patch

Pros

I can see VSP members with no problem ...

Cons

its slow and cant find some members Insurance

Jazmin from Partners in Vision

Great way of being able to provide the best care to our patients using open access insurance benefit

Pros

having the out of net reimbursement show first helps determine an overall price without going thru the whole claim

Cons

Most patients do not know the name of the vision provider so we are unable to help locate that for them in this system

Gary from Kaiser

I've done a couple of VSP billings and everything was easy

Pros

Instructions for use and billing is very easy to use. People like the fact that we can bill Eye Med or VSP and they receive a check whatever they are reimbursed.