Intranet Connections Software Reviews

Intranet Connections Software Reviews

• icon"We benefit greatly from the widgets and all the variety of options that are part of the offerings right out of the box."
  • icon"Cost, Ease of Use, Support is always great with real people who actually work there. The extensibility of the product is fantastic."
  • icon"User friendly, easy to use, best support department."
  • icon"Also, the accessibility of the product is severely lacking."
  • icon"The system is many layers deep and sometimes is difficult to find where some settings are configured."
  • icon"I also miss having a broken link checker. These are more minor personal preferences and does not deter me from the product."

Browse all Intranet Connections Reviews

• Have you used Intranet Connections and would like to share your experience with others?

Bronwyn

Amazing support and great adaptability

Pros

I love that as a 'non-tech' person, I was able to rebrand our intranet with the help of our graphic designer (she has a great eye for what colours to use). I had to reference support blogs a few times, but there wasn't anything I didn't feel comfortable doing. I also really like the support that is available. They get back to you very fast and help work issues out. And honestly, most of my issues were that I wanted to something different, not that an issue with the software. We were able to successfully rebrand our intranet. I like the ability to create different applications and that you can be pretty creative if you put your mind to it. We created a "shout out" app and didn't need to do anything special. It was as simple as adding certain fields to an app and adjusting the layout. Once you start to use the software a bit more, you realize most of the applications are the same base.

Cons

Although the simplicity is great, when it comes to the theme design, there are some items connected together that I wish weren't for example, if you change a colour of a title it could also change the colour in the mega menu. My designer also wanted more ability to change icons around, without having to do that for coding. A little more ability to customize would be nice. The theme editor was also confusing at first and I had to some trial and error to figure out what items were affected. The other annoying thing is that if you want to move files from one app to another or into a new site, you have to download everything and re-upload. I found the multi-upload feature hard to use too, so I ended up adding most files one by one. Moving 200 + files that way is very time-consuming, although worth it in the end!

Tim

Great Intranet Value

Very good experience from date of first working with IC 8+ years ago to the present time.

Pros

Company responsiveness to business needs and system's ability to meet our intranet requirements.

Cons

Needs a better way to test updates before applying to production environment.

Reasons for choosing Intranet Connections

IC completely met our needs for significantly smaller investment.

Dave

Intranet Connections is a useful corporate communications tool.

Good communications tool. Electronic forms are nice!

Pros

As a corporation, we have been using Intranet Connections for a few years now. We do not use it to anywhere near its full potential but we have found it a useful communications tool.

Cons

It would be nice if the main page could scroll through the newest content highlights. The interface can be a bit clunky. For major updates it would be nice if there was a better installer. I find it a bit too manual.

Shannon

March 2022

Satisfied Customer

In implementation, we did not understand all of the capabilities and functions or have an employee that could spend the time to figure it all out for us. Now that we are working on our culture and updating our resources, I have found that we are not using IC Source to its potential. I am constantly finding new things to customize to meet a need, such as communication, team building, feedback, form submission and measurement, knowledge management, training, as well as staff gap identification. I look forward to using the tools available to improve our organization in these areas.

Pros

There are so many features available to customize to your needs. Because of the many different ways to do things, the set up took time and a lot of trial and error. Once set up on the backend, staff can easily navigate the content and functions of the frontside of things. The options for file and knowledge sharing are extensive and manageable. It was easy to switch to this product because there was too much lack of communication and structure in our previous methods that IC Source easily fixed. Above all, the CUSTOMER SERVICE is phenomenal! Every time I had an issue, a quick call (with minimal waiting time) was answered with a friendly voice and very knowledgeable staff. I did not have to explain much because they already knew what I was talking about and how to fix it. Working with the Optimization Program team has also been extremely beneficial and worth every second of our time.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to test out the changes before making them live to all staff. With the trial and error type movement, others can see each small change as it is made and if you want something back to the way it was, there is no undo button. You just have to redo it, and I don't always save or remember the previous settings. This is not a huge problem and I think change is good. If you really mess something up, the customer support line is very helpful in getting it back the way you want it.

Reasons for choosing Intranet Connections

I was not part of the product search or implementation team.

Response from IC Thrive

Thanks for your review, Shannon! We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience working with IC. We also appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our team. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help you further in any way!

Replied March 2022

Aaron

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Intranet Connections is an extremely flexible choice for building your intranet.

Overall, it's been a positive experience. For the most part, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. And if you're willing to put in the work, you can get a system that looks great and is flexible enough to do almost anything that you could ask for from an intranet solution. Coupled with the excellent support, it's a solid choice for an intranet solution.

Pros

The Intranet Connections platform provides myriad choices for building your organization's intranet. There are many, many tools at your disposal, and users are empowered to customize their pages to their hearts' content. The support has been excellent. Their support team is willing to go to great lengths to help you troubleshoot, set up testing environments, and walk you through upgrades. You will defintely get out of the software what you put into it. If you spend the time to learn its ins and outs, you can make it do almost anything.

Cons

The flexibility sometimes comes at the cost of simplicity. Getting up to speed can be a fair investment in time. As with any complicated piece of software, there are the occasional strange bugs. We've also found that it helps a lot to have some definite lines of ownership within your organization to keep things updated and consistent. If the project is completely bottom-up, many aspects of content maintenance can fall behind. That's true of any content management solution, though, so it's not a point against Intranet Connections so much as a good caveat to keep in mind when shopping for these types of solutions.

Kaylee

A Clear Path Forward

From start to finish, the whole team at IC Thrive has been amazing to work with - special shout outs go to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for their support and guidance throughout this entire process! Without the IC Thrive team charting us a path forward, we definitely would not be where we are today.

Pros

I really liked the pre-made widgets and apps that make it easy to add content to your Intranet. IC Thrive also does a great job at coming out with new and innovative solutions to help solve issues that organizations are facing.

Cons

It's difficult to use and learn upfront and requires a significant amount of time to understand and be comfortable using. Once you learn how the technology works, it's quite simple and easy to customize.

Reasons for choosing Intranet Connections

The people and the cost of the product.

Response from IC Thrive

Thank you very much for your review, Kaylee. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will take your comments into consideration. And don't hesitate to message us if you need any help with your intranet. Our team will always be here for you! Kind regards,

Replied November 2020

Andre

Intranet Connections is a great company. This has given our employees peace of mind and saved time w

File management, saving time, better internal communications, and sharing of resources.

Pros

It's very user friendly, it has many features, the fun and creativity never stops. And of course, the customer service is awesome. What I love about the customer service is the fact that you can call them directly and expect to talk to a real person right away. Unlike other competitors, intranet connections values customers and the staff is always happy to help. It is so easy to create sites and pages. I love the fact that we are given the option to choose between static and dynamic pages. We love the layout of the intranet and the drag drop features.

Cons

There are a lot of businesses that do not prefer cloud, however, I wish that Intranet Connections had that choice as well. I guess this is due to the dangers of cloud computing such as advanced persistent threats, and insufficient due diligence. Data stored in the cloud can be lost for reasons other than malicious attacks, CSA says. An accidental deletion by the cloud service provider, or a physical catastrophe such as a fire or earthquake, can lead to the permanent loss of customer data unless the provider or cloud consumer takes adequate measures to back up data, following best practices in business continuity and disaster recovery

Trent

User Friendly & Easy Tools to Build an Intranet Site!

Having the support of Intranet Connections has been such a pleasure. Whenever a ticket is submitted, someone responds very quickly, at most by end of day. The team has been very supportive and even developed specific patches that fixed issues limited to our environment. Couldn't ask for better support :)

Pros

Utilizing widgets to bring important information to the front and center for users has been the best part of the IC software. It brings a modern homepage for our users to visit and makes it easy to view. A key feature in conjunction with this is the Stats feature, which shows us that our users are reading the new content rotated. Also, the mega menu has helped us a ton in getting users to the right link, easier.

Cons

It can vary between internet browsers how the site reacts. I know that this is not on the software, as browsers continuously update and break sites regularly. But it's hard to recommend Internet Explorer to everyone for a consistent Intranet experience, while IE is a terrible browser in general. I'd also like to request new widgets or tools that can really bring content to the front like a newspage. Something that can capture the user's attention and show new content has been released. Those type of tools can really help generate buzz and get more users involved.

Sheila

Overall I find the Intranet Connections software to be an effective intranet platform.

Pros

I like how easy it is to train other users on the platform since they often associate the design with folders on their computer so learn it quickly (rather than, for example, a WordPress site which can sometimes seem intimidating to learn).

Cons

I often come across really simple design flaws in certain applications or tools that could be easily addressed. For example, when setting up an event in the Training & Events Calendar, you can't set a time zone. When someone exports the ICS file to their Outlook, it puts the event in their calendar without "translating it" to their time zone.. so if the meeting is at 3pm ET but the registrant is in the Pacific Time zone, it puts it in their calendar for 3pm PT. I've flag this and other small flaws with the support team - they just say they'll put it on the consideration list for their next sprint but I never hear anything again and, so far, my suggestions have not been implemented.

Curtis

March 2022

A great platform

It's been great. The implementation team was great, ongoing support has been fantastic, and we have been reached out to multiple times to ensure that we are happy with our site. Their team has offered to help us make changes to increase staff adoption, which has been a great service to utilize!

Pros

The ease of design and customizability of this product allow for each company to make an entirely unique Intranet.

Cons

The theme designer could use some work; I would love to be able to preview a theme on the full site, not just the little designer display, before taking it live for users.

Response from IC Thrive

Thanks for your review, Curtis! We are thrilled to hear that you've been happy with our software and support. We also really appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our team. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help you further in any way!

Replied March 2022

Anita

Frankenmuth CU Intranet-EARL

The support from Intranet Connections is top notch!

Pros

We are a financial institution with over 25 branches. EARL Intranet puts us all on the same page. We use our intranet to broadcast alerts, collaborate between departments, record workflows, share knowledge, test and provide feedback.

Cons

That you cannot load a word doc and update inside EARL.

Price.

Reasons for switching to Intranet Connections

needed more functions

Response from IC Thrive

Hi Anita, Thank you so much for the review! It has always been a pleasure working with you. We're happy to hear that your intranet EARL supports your credit unions! As for your word docs, it's how the browser handles those types of documents. We encourage our customers to only upload the final copies as PDFs to the intranet. This establishes a source of truth so that users only see the final version. In the policy manager, you can set reminders (review dates) to see if the document needs to be updated. I hope that helps! Warmly, IC Thrive

Replied July 2020

Cheryl

Once you learn your way around, the possibilities are easy and varied. I truly love using it.

This tool acts as an easy to use interface to our users to access information, collaboration, documentation, scheduling, etc. This is helpful especially for our non-computer folks who need to access all of this on a daily basis. The fact that individuals and departments can control their own content is also a huge benefit.

Pros

First, the Customer Support. They are AMAZING! The software itself allows not only the admin to set pages but various staff members/departments. This takes the work load off our IT dept and gives more control to the individual users/depts. IC is such an easy interface for users to access a multitude of information, programs, documentation, etc.

Cons

It is very minimal - there are times I would like a little more freedom within the templates or trying to copy/paste a widget to another page. I also miss having a broken link checker. These are more minor personal preferences and does not deter me from the product. Again, have I mentioned how GREAT the staff is?

Christine

We have been using Intranet Connections for 10 years and have been extremely pleased with the produ

Intranet Connections is a user friendly software solution for Intranets. The software provides many tools to keep staff informed, to house documents and much more.

Pros

We like the ease of use of Intranet Connections. We have kept the management of the Intranet to one person, but know that it could be managed by many people. By keeping it with one person, we keep a consistent voice on the Intranet. Postings are posted in a consistent manner so that staff can quickly look at the news feed and pick up on what is relevant to their positions. We have so many different options on how we post information. How we present information is endless.

Cons

Right now my biggest con is with the Photo Gallery and not being able to have pictures advertised as in the news feed right away. And if you go back into the picture on it is posted and edit it so that it can be advertise, it will show as Updated and not New.

Keefe

Best in class support

The platform allows us to make a rich and dynamic repository of information for our team members. The tech support is also top notch (which is rare for most companies today), and allows us to be nimble in taking care of our team member's requests when they want to leverage new features in the site.

Pros

The software does have several capabilities and workflows that allow it to be more dynamic that a static intranet website, plus the integration with active directory makes it a snap to get employees enrolled into it. Also the tech support is fantastic, with willingness to help with questions, issues, and upgrades.

Cons

The version upgrades can be a little tricky if you get too far behind.

Response from IC Thrive

Thanks for your review Keefe! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team.

Replied February 2021

Patrick

Industry: Utilities

IC Thrive Software

The software works very well and has stood up over the years. The support team has been helpful as well when needed. We have been using the product since 2008.

Pros

The IC Thrive Intranet application is a fully feature solution we use for our Intranet application. It is relatively simple to setup, maintain and use.

Cons

The system is many layers deep and sometimes is difficult to find where some settings are configured. On the flip side, the support team did help with this aspect when I contacted them to assist.

Reasons for choosing Intranet Connections

Purchased before my time with the company.

Response from IC Thrive

Hi Patrick, Thank you very much for your review! We are always happy when our customers like our product and our team. Our support team is always eager to help our customers, so please don't hesitate to contact them if you need any help.

Replied October 2020

Norbert

SFCC - Review

Pros

It is very simple to use and most of the features are easy to use.

Cons

The workflow feature has it's limitations. A proxy feature would be a nice addition. It is also not easy to include fields in the email notifications. Switching between the build and the email to get the field name and the email you want to include it. Creating forms requires training and is only suitable for a few of our end.

Response from IC Thrive

Thanks for the review! It's been a pleasure working with you I'm glad you find our software easy to use. As for the workflows I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request on your behalf. This can be a bit tricky if you're trying to customize the message with specific fields. We would recommend using the {formdata} option which includes all fields within the message. I hope that helps! Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Replied June 2020