• Pros

• "This is a great help on our duties. The feature that you can edit a document on MS office is a really great perk. This is a very easy to use software that we employees are able to utilize. "

• "We are in the implementation phase but so far it's extremely user-friendly and the features are easily adjusted based on size and scope of project."

• "Ease of file upload. I like the broadcast functionality. Task workflow is good too at the document level. "

• Cons

• "Hoping they include "the ability to communicate and have face time" with our team within your own space in the near future."

• "The last time I used Igloo, it could do with some additional project milestone and deliverable management features such as individual task assignment and progress updates."

• "Pictures are too small and can't click to view larger"

Browse Igloo Reviews

March 2015

Jacquie

March 2015

Igloo is an intranet you'll actually like.

Edu- Vision 2020 is a small not-for-profit organization whose goal is to provide a computer based educational solution "school in a box" to primary teachers and their students who live in remote communities around the world. Igloo is a cost effective, budget friendly, collaboration solution for us - we are 10 to 15 people geographically dispersed.

Pros

Igloo is up and open always, no matter the time or the time zone. Team members can collaborate and work on projects together, communicate in real time, and solve problems quickly and easily, even if theyre located on the other side of the world from one another and in different time zones. Streamline and organize - better work flow and less time spent of juggling multiple applications in different places. Multiple ways to communicate Write it once and send it once, and distribute it to a select few or the many, easily, easy to follow visual email thread, Wikis, Forum. Broadcasts Saving time and productivity has increased, easy and fast to get started, tools we already know how to use, our knowledge repository is in one place, and searching and retrieving content is properly filed and organized. Real Time communication anytime to team members in Dubai or in Toronto Great Customer Service, very responsive company, easy to use product

Cons

Response from Igloo Software

Replied March 2015

Thank you very much for this wonderful review of our product. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Igloo experience. As for the ability to communicate and FaceTime with your team, while we do not offer videochats, you can most definitely set up "microblogs" (or dedicated social newsfeed) per team space where members of the same team can interact with each other. These feeds also allow for rich media (pictures, embedded videos, links, etc.). Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for more information or to get help setting it up.

Wayne from Billtrust

Evaluation of Igloo

I routinely use Igloo to view company announcements that are broadcast across multiple sites within our Intranet, and I also use it to access and upload files that are used across multiple departments within our organization.

Pros

It typically doesn't require many steps to perform the most common operations. It is also helpful that Igloo supports a variety of file types.

Cons

Some of this comes with working with the application I realize, but I wish you could find a way to make versioning more transparent. I recently received some helpful instruction from a fellow employee about uploading a more recent version of a document without having to delete the prior document and running the risk of messing up the path/location of the document (important because other departments link to that document from their own Igloo pages). After right-clicking, I realized how obvious the step was, but I wish there had been a way to show this on the page; I'll keep working with Igloo on this.

Geoff from Zon Engineering Inc.

A good platform for managing projects and handling team collaboration

Igloo was a good service for us as a small company, and is great for any start-up looking to streamline their collaborative processes.

Pros

Igloo is a simple, clean web based interface for project management and internal communication and collaboration. It offers a straight-forward approach to managing tasks and deliverables compared to other bloated services.

Tiffany from Billtrust

Where is it?

I am excited about the idea of this site and use it daily but I am sure that there are many features that I could be utilizing more than the few I use currently.

Pros

The availability of information from all departments for our company.

Cons

There are no ntaifications when new posts are added for the different departments. I am also frustrated with the search feature and the non-existant date/time stamps. When researching past posts, I try to do keyward searches but nothing populates to suit my purpose. Also, when scrolling to "view more" I find it inconvenient notto see the actual date a post was made but rather "2 weeks ago" or "13 days ago". I am not liking the fact that I have to hunt through the different

Olivia from Billtrust

July 2016

The most user friendly intranet you could ever ask for!

As someone who switched from SharePoint to Igloo, I was AMAZED by how user friendly it was. Not only for administrators, but for our employees using the intranet as well. Have a file you need to move? No problem. Need to edit the file but don't have time to re-download the latest version? Easy! Igloo makes collaboration on an intranet fun, easy and stress free...what more could you ask for?

Pros

We have a large department that continually collaborates on certain files and folders in Igloo, so the fact that we can reserve or archive old material or versions is extremely helpful. I also really enjoy the fact that you can edit a document in word, powerpoint, or excel without the hassle of downloading a new version; you can simply open a document and save in one motion.

Cons

As easy as it is to use, sometimes it is too simple. Would like it to be more complex when designing pages, but it still looks great.

Best platform for building a team portal!

We are so thankful for Igloo helping us to create our staff portal! It's revolutionized how we conduct global interview events and how we resource multiple locations across the nation.

Pros

The personal consulting from Igloo and customization were key to helping our organization scale our intranet/portal. The app is super simple to use, and integrates our global calendars, events planning tools, and other resources so perfectly for our fast-paced environment!

Cons

The people directory feature is not quite as nimble as I imagined it'd be for an organization of 700+ employees. We have a somewhat unique structure and it's been challenging to figure out how to look up teams, leaders and locations effectively. It would also be great to be able to add contact cards directly to my mobile device from the directory feature.

Fantastic Intrant Platform

Excellent from sales through to implementation and support.

Pros

Igloo comes ready out of the box for you to use it. It contains the basic tools for you to get an intranet up and running quickly. The product contains "solutions" that you can plug in for many common business functions like Employee Onboarding, Company News, Department Site, Project Sites. There is no technical complexity to getting the software up and running, its all about communication and change management within your organization.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about this product. It deploys quickly and easily. If anything I would say that they could build out the integrations a bit more.

Joe from Billtrust

Great alternative to Sharepoint

Pros

Easy to use and manage. Excellent customer support and service. Great value for the money. Always improving their product.

Cons

There is very little to dislike about this software. It does everything our organization needs it to do with very little customization.

Maria from Ten-X

July 2016

Happy with our new intranet

Igloo has enabled us to create a more dynamic and user-friendly intranet experience for our employees. The customer experience team have been a great support and wealth of knowledge.

Pros

The widgets are easy to use and there seem to be a steady flow of enhancements from Igloo

Cons

Other than the knowledge base and FAQs, there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive "how to" guide. It would be great if there were videos explaining some of the more complicated features.

Leo from Cardinal Health

A software that is very easy to use

Good experience. I would use this for years.

Pros

Cons

Looking up for some of the employees is difficult because we are somewhat thousands employed on our company. Still a good product on my opinion.

Jenine from Billtrust

The Billtrust Igloo "Trusty" Experience

Our executive team had doubts that we could roll out a much needed knowledge management tool that came packaged within an Intranet system effectively. They were all pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went and how quickly we were able to meet our go-live targets.

Pros

Very easy to manage and maintain. The ease of use helps to win buy in from your users. 95% of our company is up and running with uploads, postings, blogs etc.

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software that makes it necessary for a more time consuming work -around. Igloo is working hard utilizing their Client Success resources to implement enhancements to address these limitations.

Jenine from 1965

It really is an Intranet tool we like!

We've been using Igloo software for a little over a year now and it continues to amaze me how well it connects your company. All the different teams are able to collaborate and be kept in the loop about events taking place in all locations and departments across the company. The best part is that it is easy to manage and maintain by all members of the community. Love this tool.

Pros

Ability for all users in the community to maintain their own spaces.

Cons

Would like to see some future enhancements in the searching capability and other little areas of functionality.

Nancy from Billtrust

Cool Functionality and Collaboration tool

I'm in Igloo everyday and it has made my job in Compliance easier to track policy read and signoff and task follow through.

Pros

Cons

I wish the viewing document box was bigger. I usually do download or edit document just to view the document in a larger size. I know you can hover over the date a document was uploaded for details of date and time. I have many documents saved and frequently I like to search by the most recent date and time to find the document quicker rather than the alphabetic view.

Matt from Foresight Sports

Easy to use intranet solution! Loved to be able to get all of our useful information in one place

Became more organized and moved information quicker to allow my team to be more efficient

Pros

allowed our team to gather useful information in one place, which we could search for later if needed. No longer using individual documentation and moving between platforms.

Cons

so far I have not run into any cons. I really enjoy the way this functions and how it has helped my department. Maybe some of the setup was difficult at first, so be prepared for a slight learning curve.

Nick from Zon Engineering Inc.

A solid intranet service for companies

Pros

- Very easy to configure and deploy for your company - Users can maintain their own personal sites/information - Simple interface to add and modify information

Cons

- Not a fault of the software, but we had trouble with user buy-in that resulted in a slow ramp up process - User resistance was due in part to no comprehensive tutorial on how to navigate and use Igloo.

Jeremy from Northwestern University

A beautiful looking intranet software, but hard to set up

Pros

Igloo has everything - blogs, feeds, instant messaging, groups...etc. It really is full featured and can be customized anyway that works for your organization. Igloo also looks fantastic. Even right out of the box, the software shines and has a very new look and feel.

Cons

Igloo is very hard to set up and you need to pay for a higher tier of service to really get hands-on help. Since it's so exceptionally customizable, it's hard to (1) determine the best way to set it up and (2) actually set it up.

James from Billtrust

Great Enterprise tool

I was the executive who was tasked with sourcing an enterprise KM tool. Igloo offers that and so much more the with the configurable intranet.

Pros

Deployed with very little support from our IT team. Business was able to stand this up very quickly. Fast adoption by employees. Need only a small team to administer it.

Cons

Does not integrate with gmail. Limited sales force integration.

Scott from Zon Engineering Inc.

Igloo is a great collaboration and project task allocation/management platform

Pros

Igloo is a fantastic resource for small to medium sized businesses. It allows us to collaborate on project specific tasks in a simplified layout.

Cons

Igloo is lacking in project management features compared to other platforms.

Kristin from College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba

July 2016

Service makes all the difference

After exploring three intranet providers, we chose Igloo because the people who helped us through the process were helpful, professional and truly cared about our needs as an organization. They were the only software providers to take the time to ask about our specific needs (we're a small organization) and tailor the sales demo based on those needs.

Catherine from Billtrust

Trusty for Billtrust

Love everything about the interface and functionality. It is extremely easy to post content and monitor who sees it. The folder and archive structure is also very good

Pros

Ease of use - straightforward interface

Cons

version control is a little funky

Joseph from Billtrust

Great alternative to Sharepoint

Great alternative to Sharepoint, much easier to manage with a lot less resources. It has all the core functionality with out all the excess bells and whistles.

Luis from OnePhase

Great interface

Pros

Easy to use. It is very very responsive to all kind of devices. Tha best option to us in the markets.

Cons

It is very expensive, you need a credit card mandatorily and the prices are high! If you are not involve in the business, I definitely not recommend it.

Barbara from Billtrust

Trusting Trusty

I have had limited time using the product. So far I find uploading of files to be easy. Some of my colleagues say that they have trouble finding things. But I am not sure if that is because of your product or due to the way items are organized on the site. Time will tell once we are fully integrated.

Pros

Too soon to tell.

Cons

Again not enough time to accurately answer.

Lots of features, easy to get started and keep discovering new things.

Pros

The learning curve is friendly, it's easy to just get going but then there are many features that can be discovered as needed.

Cons

The UX is not always consistent across features so things that work one way in some places work another way in others.

Too basic and poor notifications

Sharing documents across different team members was ok, but the calendar feature is very poor

Pros

It's an ok product to use as a file repository, but it's too basic once you reach certain complex requirements

Cons

The notifications are very poor. Calendar requests get lost in ether and it's not very user friendly

Catherine from Billtrust

Igloo Implementation

As a user, I find the product fairly simple to use. Posting documents and managing version controls is standard. The Chatter feature could be better if I could post the same items across multiple pages easily and if pictures could be larger.

Pros

Document management

Cons

Pictures are too small and can't click to view larger

Very organized information platform!

Pros

The layout is super customizable and easy to use. We have tested a few different layouts and found what works best for us. I like how visitors can interact with posts and articles posted. It allows us to have a one-stop-shop for all internal content in regards to our company, different teams and office locations. It allows users to easily access this information in a clear, organized way.

Cons

Nothing negative stands out with Igloo yet! It has been a great transition for our company.

David from Billtrust

July 2016

Solid tool for business use

this is a tool the business uses to accomplish our daily tasks and used as the basic medium for our internal communication

Pros

ease of use

Cons

lack of online training to guide new employees through

April 2016

Chris from Igloo Software

April 2016

Desiree from Flexion Therapeutics

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Review of Igloo

I jumped into using Igloo right before the system went live and everything about the system was very easy to use and the support has been great.

Travis from Nasa

Awesome

Great product would recommend it!

Asher from Allied Health Media

Great Social Intranet!

Very happy with our decision to go with Igloo for our company Intranet. It's flexible, easy to use, and keeps our team members engaged. Highly recommend!