DEAR Systems Software Reviews

DEAR Systems Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"Some of the features I enjoy the most about Dear, is the ease of use, and how everything is simply laid out, and easy to understand."
  • icon"Good value for money and with very powerful feature including Job cards, inventory added to the jobs, very good integration with Xero."
  • icon"The ability to customize reports in word is amazing. The team at Dear are still updating and improving the system."
  • icon"The one thing we have trouble with is that it seems to troubleshoot every few months and stops synching our orders which we only notice a few days later."
  • icon"Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations."
  • icon"I have to struggle to find a fault, really. I am sure there could be something, but I have yet to find it."

Browse all DEAR Systems Reviews

• Have you used DEAR Systems and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

IntegrationKings review of Dear Systems

A great overall platform for anyone selling products in the market that wants to control their Inventory correctly and the workflows in relation to an Inventory business. Also from an accounting background it is a full end-to-end solution in relation to ensuring the accounting is 100% correct in the business.

Pros

The features we like most about Dear Systems and so do the clients we work with are: - Integrations around stock control and sales workflows with Woo Commerce and Shopify. - Complete bi-directional integration with Xero and QBooks Online. - Love the fact that we can do Supplier Deposits and Customer Deposits, tracking them correctly within the accounting system. - Also the fact that we can do multi-level Build of Materials for manufacturing clients and then sell via multiple of sales channel.

Cons

The features we least like most about Dear Systems: - Reporting in the platform takes abit to set-up and ensure you are getting the reporting you want out of the system. - Would like to see more integrations over time into the core platform overall as well.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Better integration overall in relation to the accounting workflows with Xero, plus a very good Partner network and team to work with internally.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Wanted better integration overall with the accounting within the business and in some cases wanted to move away from their old clunky ERP platform that was running their business still from a server.

Anton

Industry: Cosmetics

June 2022

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

Pros

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience). Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory! Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it. Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

Cons

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features. I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Katharine

Industry: Furniture

September 2022

Appalling Customer Service

We have spent weeks trying to get support to try and resolve but they just don't engage. They don't answer emails, take responsibility or seem to care that this is affecting our business.

Pros

We thought this software would assist with managing our inventory.

Cons

It took over a year to implement. Once implemented, it has been beset with issues. DEAR seems unable to cope with any non-standard procedures on our shopify end resulting in cancelled sales orders and then impact on inventory.

Amon

July 2022

Great All in One Inventory Management System

Pros

Simplifies the full life cycle of a product from raw ingredients purchased, costing, production, all the way to final sale. Great for inventory control and forecasting. The system also has great integration capabilities.

Cons

A few more options could be added to the product families. The DEARPOS feature is a great addition but it lacks on the payment integrations and an option for tips on sales would be great

Bethany

Industry: Textiles

March 2022

Terrible customer service and techincal support!!!!!!!

DEAR Systems support takes 48+ hours to respond and they have no way to call for help. Only options are to create a support ticket that gets emailed and then requires me to wait days for a response. And then when I do get a response they can not help me with my actual problem!

Pros

Ease of use when entering orders and tracking inventory.

Cons

This software does not let me sync properly with QBO and creates duplicates Customers.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Bethany, Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously trying to improve the service we provide to our customers. The team tried multiple attempts to call you but each time the call went to Voicemail. After looking into this issue we found out that in the QuickBooks CDC service, it seems there are limitations from QBO side when passing information about deleted entities. We are looking at a workaround for this QBO limitation to help our customers. Please note, for quick support please reach out to us on WhatsApp Chat (+61 2 7208 7722 / +44 20 8434 3918 / +1 206 580 1769) or FaceBook Chat (https://m.me/DEARsystems), we are always here to help you. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied April 2022

Cole

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Cole, Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected. One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Replied April 2020

Heather

Industry: Building Materials

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

Cons

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The inventory system in QBO is terrible unless you have only in and out materials. It is not designed for multiple warehousing locations, multiple measurement systems, maintaining inventory after invoicing but prior to physical receipt, and just about everything else you need in a true inventory management system. We are using DEAR in conjunction with QBO but the QBO part is only for the accountant to use.

Malcolm

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Once set up the module is easy to use and has some functionality that even more expensive known brands do not have. In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. It provides excellent value as it is price competitive against other options on the market whilst offering more functionality. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers. This program is suitable for any small to medium manufacturing business.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The original legacy software was no longer supported. See details on our website at: [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Joe

DEAR Assistance

The customer support we received was fantastic whilst we were importing data from our old system. Our overall experience has been really good.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate and is very customisable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from DEAR Support were both fantastic in helping us switch from a previous soft ware to DEAR. They answered all our questions quickly and accurately and were always very proactive in ensuring everything went smoothly. Highly recommend.

Cons

The reporting is slightly limited but otherwise everything else seems good.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Updated our accounting software and it didnt have the inventory functionality we needed.

Joris

Industry: Industrial Automation

February 2022

Pros

Easy to set up if you have some experience with these kind of systems. A lot of functionalities are available but you can also choose to keep it simple. Until now great integration with Xero. Serial number functionality works good.

Cons

Perhaps too much functionalities and settings options. Settings are a little bit skattered or I didn;t figure out the logic yet.

Better integration with Xero

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Better integration with Xero and more possibilities in all areas (inventory, sales, purchasing). It comes at a cost ofcourse.

Dustin

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied March 2021

Christopher

February 2022

Dear systems deliver what if promises

We've been using it live for one month and so far the transition has been relatively smooth.

Pros

Comprehensive ERP features that are built with the workflow and accounting in mind. Excellent interface with Xero. Very customizable, but in an easy to understand fashion.

Cons

For those switching from other platforms, it could use better historical data import functionality. In particular outstanding orders. We had about 200 open orders when we made the switch, and had to enter them manually as Dear's import features could not handle our workflow.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Overall value for money, plus the focus on accounting was a strong selling point.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Lightspeed retail has no ability to handle sales tax based on "ship to" address and has not integration with Avalara. In discussing with Lightspeed they seem unaware that this functionality is needed. Also, you can only integrate with one ecom site and inventory management was glitching with the inventory levels frequently wrong.

Teik Kang

Industry: Wholesale

June 2022

Excellent software

Pros

Easy program to use with great support resources.

Cons

Hopefully, there can be more additional attributes, 10 is not sufficient for current use.

Timo

May 2022

Still new to dear but it's looking promising

Pros

- Powerful software, which can be overwhelming for beginners due to its many settings. - We're still new to the system but everything's looking familiar coming from another inventory management software. - Onboarding process was very professional.

Cons

- Wish more links could be opened in new tabs, e.g. on the sales orders or purchase orders list. - Option to see BOM on iOS app if auto-assembly is enabled.

Katana Manufacturing ERP

- Zapier integration - Maturity of the product

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Previous software provider is shutting down.

December 2021

Dear Inventory

The support was fantastic and the onboarding team were knowledgeable and helpful

Pros

the system was extremely easy to set up and get going

Cons

The limitation on not allowing to sell negative inventory can be an issue when dealing with dynamic stock. Thankfully, we found a work around and this became less of an issue

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The client needed greater flexibility and full cloud option

Tess

Industry: Food Production

May 2022

Uncle Charlie's Tastes of Country Review

We are a new business that started with excel spreadsheets however it was quite difficult to track everything across the two warehouses we have. Dear has helped us by giving us live data of where all our products are. I would also like to add that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been so lovely and patient with us during the onboarding and has really solidified that I made the right choice of going with Dear Systems.

Pros

I like the right out of the box use of Dear Systems. Many other systems require a full set up before being able to be used, but with Dear as long as the basics are set up, you can begin using it and expand from there.

Cons

At this point in time I haven't identified any cons.

Sage Inventory Advisor

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

First and foremost price was a big factor for us as a new small business. Dear gave us the opportunity to have a system that we could comfortably budget with but also grow with us as we grow.

Verity