All Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech

Reviewed July 2018

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

PROS

- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

CONS

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Replied July 2018

Sam

Reviewed January 2023

Be careful when you choose an epos system

Terrible.

PROS

The equipment looks modern and smart, the software was ook, easy read and accessible.

CONS

Payment! You cannot control it. Despite closing the account, you still get billed.There is no debit order you can control, they cleverly use the same account ordering Transport for London use, they have access and take money from your account as they please and all you can do is close your whole account and block it against normal merchant use. Bank fraud departments take too long to investigate and don't stop the impending fraud in time. This is a terrible extortion. BE VERY CAREFUL, DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS CARD AND ACCOUNT DETAILS TO EPOSNOW.Every email you receive from EPOSNOW is DO NOT REPLY! They don't make it easy to get hold of them.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Ignorance. You cannot integrate any 3rd party equipment, hardware, 3rd party systems with eposnow. SAGE accounting charges you £35.00 per month extra on your subs just for an interface between Eposnow and Sage 60c .. it cost more to run the interface than the accounting software! Also, the decimal characters throw your values out, you can't control this, and your accounting is therefore rendered inaccurate, with extra accounting billed services trying to decipher the values between Sage from Eposnow.DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT, it will ruin your business. Eposnow technical could never resolve the incompatibility and we subsequently cancelled Sage interface software.

Vikram

Computer Hardware, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Worst pos system and after sale support

Worst ever would never recommend to anyone

PROS

Nothing you guys will regret and always feel gutted why you decided to join them

CONS

Worst worst company ever Will only charge you un-necessarly Had their worst lagging system which lagged forever and they still want to charge you for what you have never signed up for and the guy who signed you up with all the promised becomes ghost all of sudden and customer service team is the worst whatever they say they never do it.wont be going to these rip offs ever again and won’t recommend anyone else either stay away from them otherwise you will regret like me.

Hello Vikram S, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, EposNow Digital Team.

Reviewed February 2024

The worst system and management

No one answers the phone , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

CONS

Nothing Once you buy the system no one talk to you at all , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

Once you buy the system no one answe the phone or call you back. I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, EposNow

Cesar

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

PROS

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

CONS

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen. The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Hello Cesar. Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities. It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you. Kind Regards James

Replied November 2018

Michele

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Terrible Customer Service

This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

PROS

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

CONS

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Sales Rep was better and I felt like there would be good tech support....I was wrong!

Ambur was discontinued

Derick

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them. If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

PROS

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

CONS

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

I saw an ad on Instagram and it was on Sales.

Joshua

Reviewed October 2019

ePOSnow and my thoughts

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider. we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

PROS

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

CONS

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work. Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Loyalty program

Jeananne

Reviewed January 2022

POS system suitable for small retail outlets only

Still waiting to resolve outstanding payment issues

PROS

POSTouch screen , POS customer display. If it had of worked the intergrated eftpos

CONS

Unfortunately EPOSnow is not at all suitable for medium to large retail businesses. There are many basic functions it is not capable of doing and those that it is capable of doing mostly require you to download and pay for additional apps. We where not able to do something as basic as print off a customer invoice on A4. It does not recognise duplicate barcodes. The eftpos system that was sold with the product does not work through our store due to its inability to accept the "basic card". Salesman's knowledge of the product was very limited, they are the experts and I feel it should have been up to them to ensure this product meet all of my business model requirements. Very disappointed and have now returned to the old POS system

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Initially EPOSNOW appeared to be the right product for our needs based on the salesman's pitch

Kumarini

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great system

PROS

They’re excellent customer service and system.

CONS

Nothing to note for now. The system and customer service has been excellent!

Hello Kumarini Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Hidden fees, broken promises

Horrible, difficult to use, customer services horrible, constant hidden charges on sales as well as use fees $$$$$

PROS

They don't really stand out above anyone else, so nothing really

CONS

Fees, hidden charges, difficult customer service

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Fast talking lying salesman made it sound good then we started getting hidden fees and charges added

Kate

Reviewed September 2023

Contact the BBB and your state Attorney General

It's a PAIN! Don't pay for this nightmare.

PROS

Next to nothing! The people I spoke to at first were AWESOME! Then, once I paid, I got the WORST support.

CONS

Horrible. Most of my scheduled calls were never met. They just didn't call for our set up appointments. They kept me on hold anywhere from 10-60 min. When things started to go south, they were harder to get in touch with. They are not holding up their end of the contract and want to charge me $500 to cancel my account. The 28 page Terms and Conditions are a MUST to read. They're convoluted and difficult to understand when there's a problem so be careful before you give them your credit card info. This is a paid for NIGHTMARE!!!

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Because it was less expensive and they said it would integrate with my website.

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

qbPOS is no longer supported.

Jerica

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

PROS

Sales interface and usability for transactions Overall look and style of equipment and graphics Price for value Mobility and Flexibility

CONS

Misleading information during demo/search process Unreliable support during implementation Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Perlita

Reviewed July 2023

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

PROS

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

CONS

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Fran

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

PROS

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Erick

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Customer Service

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

PROS

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

CONS

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers. We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships. As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance. We looking forward to hearing from you.

Replied January 2019