All Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

Joshua

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

The best for small manufacturing

PROS

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

CONS

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

ease of use and training of users

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Rebecca

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

PROS

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

CONS

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana is a great small business solution that I can easily see growing with us. Fishbowl is cost-prohibitive (and honestly at this point, I'd rather just use Katana). MRPeasy and ERPAG are not as well designed and don't work well as a food industry solution -- they made simple tasks feel like running through a maze. The developers at Katana did a beautiful job of creating something intuitively designed that works well across multiple industries while also making it as clean and aesthetic as it is functional. It's a pleasure to use. I've noticed that they also seem to be regularly implementing improvements and updates, which is awesome. Customer support is friendly and responsive. Highly recommend.

Fatou

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2024

Not for Small Manufacturers

I tried using Katana twice for my small laboratory which manufacture skincare

PROS

Company of any size can use it, you can in theory intergate with lot of other tool like Quickbook and Shopify

CONS

It's very Expansive , even more when you want to follow the lot number. it starts at 179$ per month, if you take the annual billing, which I don't recommend unless you know it very well , the monthly paiement starts at 199$ The solution I am using now cost 39$/month on a monthly paiement basis it's a big difference

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

It's cheaper, Much easier to use and more adapted to small size company like mine Besides, they have a shopify App

Lukas

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great for sales and quotes, not so much for inventory.

PROS

Great user interface, very easily operable.

CONS

Pricing is getting worse. Basic functions disappear and appear later as a paid add on for hefty monthly fee.

Thank you for your feedback! We'd like to assure you that all updates to our pricing model were based on evaluating our customers' needs and providing customisability to specific business needs, as our top priority is continuing to deliver top-notch services and unparalleled value and support.

Replied March 2024

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

PROS

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

CONS

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

We didn't have the time to invest in the amount of programming we would have had to do to make Excel have the level of functionality we needed to manage our inventory so we had a hard time keeping track of our stock, especially when we had to make changes to our bill of materials. The monthly cost of Katana easily offset the cost of time wasted trying to keep track of our inventory accurately in Excel.

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Replied September 2019

Brandon

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

PROS

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

CONS

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

We tried the 14-day trial of Katana while still paying for Odoo and were able to get everything set up in the time it took to solve a single problem with Odoo. We immediately made the switch after that.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Odoo's a-la-carte style product offering put it into a very expensive category for us. At that time, they were still in Beta and getting everything working took numerous support tickets which were not always responded to rapidly. In the end it became a big, expensive headache.

Thank you for the feedback!

Replied February 2020

Elle

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

PROS

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

CONS

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

I couldn't find a single other product that did what Katana does. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify and being able to input and track recipes is what I needed most.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

It was just a functional list of all the things I needed to keep track of, it wasn't actually helping my business. Katana keeps track of every gram of every material I need and with an inventory like mine, that's incredibly helpful.

Thank you for the support!

Jonathan

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

PROS

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

CONS

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

I built my Airtable manufacturing workflow from scratch. I loved it, but it was costly to maintain...I just didn't have the time. Katana does everything for you.

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Replied August 2022

1 employee

Great Inventory Software

Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

PROS

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

CONS

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Tired of difficulties with my integrations and I never did get all the numbers in place.

Thank you for the support!

Oscar

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The MRP now with less functionality that costs more!

horrible and I would never ever want to be in business with them again, they only see you as money bags.

PROS

It worked for what I was expecting, it kept track of the items I needed to produce custom embroidered items. It was able to track when I needed to re buy items from my suppliers.

CONS

Where do you even start. I will start with the biggest issue they have. The price. When I started the cost was around 60aud a month. Then they bumped me up to 400aud a month without any communication, then they bumped me up to $1400 aud a month without any communication. When confronted with the problem with the pricing, and the illegal practices that they were acting under, they told me it was my fault because I was using API pulls. Which I was not doing. They realised that they were charging me incorrectly, and would "refund me the difference" and I am yet to see the refund. They would have never bothered to address this if I didn't bring it up to them, they would have happily charged me 2333% more than my original subscription without batting an eyelid. How can a company honestly think that it is okay to charge 2000% more and remove functionality? Customer service will only meet you at 2am Australian time (useless) Oh, and they have a 1 month notice cancellation fee for a month to month subscription (illegal) so if you sign up for a month, expect to pay for two. Like a gym, except you didn't sign anything so they can't do that. but they will. This company is greedy and it will fail if they keep this way. Do not look at reviews from further than two months ago, as that katana is long gone. Read all reviews from recently and you will see very cleary how this greedy corperate company has failed their customers. Avoid at all costs, get a better mrp software or even a spreadsheet.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

It was cheap when I started using it, but that is long gone

Hey Oscar, I appreciate your review and understand your concerns regarding our pricing. Your insights are valuable as we continuously improve our services. The decision to change our subscription offerings was made after careful consideration and necessary to continue to deliver excellent service and product/feature development to our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively improving our communication processes to ensure transparency in future changes. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to resolving any outstanding issues promptly, as we have done so in your case via continued Success Team engagement. We believe we have done everything reasonably within our power to resolve your issues. If you feel there is anything more you would like to discuss, we are always available via our Support Chat or you can reach out to your Success Manager via email or schedule meeting. Thanks for your feedback! All the best, Christopher @ Katana

Replied March 2024

Danny

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

PROS

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

CONS

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

It isn't an MRP and we constantly had to use spreadsheets to fill in for the missing elements

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Atlas

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great Software for Custom Production

We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

PROS

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions. We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

CONS

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

We chose Katana because it connects natively to Shopify (no third party link/sync) and it best matched our current and future needs.

Clarke

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Intuitive Software

Overall very positive experience so far. Software is intuitive and simple to look at which is good. Customer service is outstanding, had a session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which he suggested and he was very good - and has even followed up with us since.

PROS

The software is very intuitive, meaning everything is in a logical space. The flow between areas works well and we love the ability to be able to customise the quote templates now.

CONS

Haven't found anything as yet, had a few bugs but they mainly seem to be cache related.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Looks pretty much ;-) Dashboard looks the best and it's so simple to use.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

MRPeasy worked exactly as designed and much of the functionality was the same as Katana - it was literally just the interface made no sense and we were struggling to find a flow that worked.

Alexander

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

PROS

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.

CONS

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

The simplicity of the interface + price point

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Replied September 2019

Rowena

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Does everything it says it will

Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

PROS

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

CONS

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

There were no other Xero-compatible applications which had anything like the positivity of reviews and feedback that Katana does. There's no better gauge of a product than the experiences of those who use it.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

We switch our accounting system (which previously had manufacturing integrated into it) because we wanted to move to Xero. We then searched for Xero-compatible manufacturing control software, found Katana and saw that it had really great reviews. A look at the demo software and we were sold!

Hanif

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Food Manufacturing ERP system

So far the experience has been very good. I have had a few issues with the initial implementation fee which is mandatory and in my opinion expensive for what you get. I do receive some feedback, but sometimes it takes a while to receive it.

PROS

I loved the user interface and the ease of working with the system. The system is very intuitive and with the instructional videos you can pretty much pick up the basics very quickly. I love the way that you can upload information through Excel and the system is flexible with the upload. Also the seamless integration with Quickbooks online is very nice.

CONS

One of the features that is missing, but they are working on it, is sales forecasting by SKU. This would be a great feature to add as it will allow us to add our expected sales for each SKU and have the system forecast demand. Another issue is when you have a price rule for a client in QuickBooks Katana has no way to see this, so when the invoice is pushed to QuickBooks you have to go through each individual line to accept the price rule. Not a game changer, but a bit of a hassle.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

The ease of use as well as the overall cost and the enhanced functionality along with seamless integration with QuickBooks.

CAMILLA