What are ShipMonk users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ShipMonk software through verified user reviews

• icon"Their technology platform is top-notch; I especially love the fact that there is an embedded shipping calculator, so you can play with so many scenarios and get pricing."
  • icon"Interface is extremely easy to understand, and it has great integration into several platforms."
  • icon"They have a truly dedicated and devoted Customer Service team to help you every step of the way. Their international shipping rates are attractive and that has been much appreciated by our customers."
  • icon"Also their interface is very hard to manage and can make it so you easily make some massive mistakes."

Browse all ShipMonk Reviews

• Have you used ShipMonk and would like to share your experience with others?

Corey

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Pros

I used ShipMonk to help jumpstart a small business. Their team was super helpful in getting me up and running, and things were pretty seamless. They also gave me plenty of advice (for free) around marketing, operations, and ways to possibly expand into new markets. I found their pricing pretty reasonable, too. All in all I'd recommend them.

Cons

Their billing platform is somewhat immature, but they've been making improvements to it over the last year or so.

2+ Years and Going Strong

They've been extremely flexible in helping my business grow and willing to follow my custom guidelines for packaging orders.

Pros

Software - I'm able to manage inventory and orders in one easy to use platform. They are constantly launching new features that have been a no brainer for my business.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with Zapier. They informed me it will be launching in Q2 so I'm eager for that.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

Their software was much better than everything else on the market and their prices were reasonable. I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but the small percentage more if worth the added value (if you value technology).

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

I've used two fulfillment centers before Shipmonk and neither have come close to what Shipmonk offers. The UI is simple but provides all the data needed to manage my orders (i.e. put them on hold, move inventory, etc.).

Suzan

April 2022

Do Not Recommend - Avoid

When it comes to sales, they are very attentive. But the past 6 months have been terrible. Mispicks that are leading to a 60% order accuracy. Issues with receiving in inventory correctly - combining skus that require the 'special projects' team to fix. Misplaced inventory. Delays in shipping large order - 14-21 days at times. The list goes on. To top it off, they're charging for their mistakes and for them to correct the mistake. They're such a headache and I cannot recommend them to anyone. They don't care about small businesses. There are a few good people on the team (happiness engineers), but they have to fight an uphill battle to fully take care of their customers. Do not go with them - they will negatively impact your bottom line. They have a lot of hidden fees and charge you for their mistakes.

Pros

They have an inventory system that allows you to see inventory in each warehouse.

Cons

It's basic functionality makes it hard to find meaningful insights related to inventory. This platform is good for only two things: fulfilling orders and storing inventory.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

They promised they wouldn't use plastic in our shipments.....they now use plastic in our shipments and wanted to charge us to not use plastic (as filler). I had to speak with numerous people to not be charged. In the beginning, I liked their communication. But I learned that was their sales person.

ShipMonk Review

We rarely run into any issues with ShipMonk system itself; aside from a few bugs here and there. If anything does occur, our Happiness Engineer hops on it right away. I would like to commend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for being the best Happiness Engineer we could hope for! He is very responsive, and always helps as best he can.

Pros

Very intuitive. The approximate Stockout Days is extremely useful & quite accurate. Creating Orders through ShipMonk is very easy to understand, and provides accurate tracking. It is a simple process for creating new items.

Cons

I have no complaints with the ShipMonk system. If I were to make a suggestion, it would be great if we could identify the approximate transit time for an order based on the location it is shipping to. I find the shipping options listed are broad & not too useful. We have inserts that are automatically included in our orders. Sometimes, we do a bulk upload shipments for our investors & the inserts are automatically added. But we do not want inserts on these orders. So we have to manually remove them, which is time consuming. A method to remove a SKU in bulk from orders would be a great tool that would save us time. But those scenarios are rare.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

EasyPost was a system that never truly made sense & it had a few bugs. Their Customer Service was horrendous.

Alexander

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Love working with Shipomonk

Great

Pros

Love working with Shipmonk. I've tried working with other fulfilment services and they don't come close. Mistakes happen (as they do anywhere) but with Shipmonk they're very, very rare and when they do happen, customer service is always there to help. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Cons

Occasional fulfilment errors, not being able to view case log

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

ShipBob had a glossy facade for sure but just fell apart operationally. I just couldn't keep up.

Mikel

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Affordable but high quality fulfillment service

All in all, very satisfied with their service and the timely delivery of the orders to my customers.

Pros

We've been using Shipmonk (and their associated Shopify app) for more than a year now. The onboarding process is fairly easy and they help you connect your store to their fulfillment center, and map the SKUs to their internal inventory codes. You can also do it yourself manually if you create product bundles, for instance, or they will do it for you if you have a lot of them, just by sending them a CSV. From that moment on, Shipmonk automatically captures the orders from Shopify, processes them, and then inserts the tracking number once the order has been fulfilled. So all in all, it is a very straightforward process and the only work you need to do is check their interface daily to verify no orders are "stuck" because the buyer entered an incorret address, or you have run out of stock of any item (which you shouldn't, as they provide a forecast on how many days of inventory you have left at the current sales rate.

Cons

Some occasional mistakes in the billing, especially at a time when a carrier reused tracking codes and we were charged for packages that were not ours, or in the beginning when they applied international shipping rates slighlty different to those agreed upon, but both were corrected quickly. Just be on top of the billing reports (that are fairly detailed, which honors them).

Nicole

Industry: Cosmetics

Horrible experience as a small cosmetics business

It took a month for our account to be closed. Overall, we're really not happy and they misled us. They said there were no hidden fees, sending in products would be easy, and their rates are competitive. Those three things are not true. I would never recommend a small business to work with Shipmonk. Maybe a mid-sized business whose products are larger and more expensive. But for us it was an incredible waste of time and money. Major issues with the warehouse. For example, we were told a product weighed 4oz. There were dozens of the exact same product with a different print, weighing 0.4oz. I mentioned the discrepancy multiple times. I was given a photo of the product on the scale which clearly said 0.04oz. They still said that the weight of 4oz was correct. I had to respond in ALL CAPS for them to get the point that there was a decimal. This is a logistics company, how can they make that kind of error? 3.8oz difference is almost another tier when shipping First Class.

Pros

What worked well was photos are taken of each product when they are first entered into the system. Orders from the same person are able to be merged. We can select the shipping service we want to use per order if it needs to be overriden. Shipping rates are ok.

Cons

Bugs in the software delayed shipments for days with no notice. Little/not helpful support. To set up the Etsy integration, they asked us for our username and password in a plain text form (insecure). They do not let you know if there are problems or extra fees associated with an order. They do not let you know how much storage any given SKU takes up. There are an unnecessary amount of fees. Little communication about any specific orders or problems that arise. I was told we would be allowed to send our products in polybags as opposed to boxes, as our products are very small and lightweight. When our products arrived, they charged us extra fees for new boxes $$ and a special projects fee $$. Instead of letting us know this was an issue, we had to find the surprise in our bill and repeatedly ask why the charges were there. We were told that's just the way it is. We would not have signed up with Shipmonk had we known boxes were a requirement (incredibly inefficient for us). Even though we are local to the warehouse, there wasn't really a clear way to be able to drop off ($) or pick up our stuff. When we tried to close our account and have our items discarded: we were charged box fees (supposed to be included) + pick and pack fees $78 + a label fee $5 + a special projects fee + god knows what else other fees they invented. We're talking about someone taking items off the shelf and throwing them away. How that warrants the cost, I don't know.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

We moved to a different 3PL which has been a godsend. We get better pick and pack fees, better shipping rates and easy access to communicate with the warehouse.

Shazi

Excellent software!

In general, we love working with the Shipmonk software and the support team!

Pros

Very easy to use, super intuitive UI, great color use and layout, especially appreciate the at-risk feature for tracking packages that haven't moved in a while. Awesome support from the team as well! They are open to emails, calls, and are very thorough in their communication.

Cons

Ship mapping is a little convoluted and makes it feel as if the shipping methods available cannot always be fine-tuned to your company's preference.

ShipMonk is the modern answer to fulfillment

I would recommend ShipMonk for anyone struggling with fulfillment needs.

Pros

ShipMonk has modernized an otherwise archaic process. They also have an amazing team to support their customers.

Cons

It can occasionally be slows to load but is constantly improving. They seem to take customer suggestions to heart so I don’t often have cons about this software.

We use Shipmonk to fulfill & ship products for our e-commerce company.

This offers a centralized place to review inventory, orders, and shipping options.

Pros

This interface is very clean and easy to understand. The support staff is also timely, helpful, and knowledgeable. The CEO isn't afraid to jump in to make sure things are running smoothly.

Cons

The returns section could be a little more organized. I would love to be able to archive returns as we check them off in our system.

T.C

Wouldn't Have Made over $3,000,000 Last Year Without Shipmonk!

Overall, this software is CRITICAL because it frees my time, gives me location independence to travel, and enjoy my family without worrying about packaging material, processing orders, or interacting with shipping companies. This software gives me the security and confidence knowing that I am building a sustainable business that can and does run without me needing to be present for every aspect.

Pros

This software has expedited the SALES GROWTH of my business by removing the headache of shipping, storing, and hiring staff to package and process orders. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can 100% focus on new product development and effective marketing to continue increasing my business' revenue.

Cons

That I didn't know it existed YEARS before! I have been using this software since the summer of 2018. Before that, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with packaging hundreds of monthly orders. Fast forwards years later, we now have THOUSANDS of orders each month. Image if I was still self-packaging my own orders with our current volume. This software is a MUST HAVE for serious business owners that want to build a business that can fully operate on its own.

Lauren

The best DTC 3PL

We trust that our products and orders and being shipped out efficiently and correctly — we are able to set it and forget it and are grateful to have such a reliable extension of our business!

Pros

The dashboard is incredibly easy to follow and navigate through — extremely user friendly and doesn't require much training. You can easily access all product information, shipping cost, weight and tracking information in minutes. It's updated in real time and synced with our Shopify store as well.

Cons

Occasional glitches but customer service is quick to answer and help fix any errors.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

All in, Shipmonk is a better value for cost, customer service and flexibility to tailor our shipments. We started with Shipbob but quickly had many issues such as hidden shipping fees, lost products, and very difficult customer reps. At one point we had to physically go to the warehouse to find our products ourselves and have it removed. We sadly had a very negative experience in the end.

Adrian

Industry: Food Production

Shipmonk Provides a Great Customer Experience

Shipmonk has been a great business partner for Truvani. Their software is a pleasure to use, but they really shine in their customer service. Inventory is accurately managed and customer orders generally go out in a timely manner without incident. The customer service team is responsive, results driven, and willing to work with us on special requests/projects as they come up. They always push for the best outcome in any scenario, which goes a long way for us.

Pros

Shipmonk is user friendly, well organized, and easy to navigate. The filters are great for locating specific orders or order types, and the search features are very helpful. I also like being able to review the month's activities at a glance on the dashboard page.

Cons

Being in the nutrition supplement and vitamin industry, I would like to see a feature added allowing for "batch" or "lot code" traceability. I would also like to see some updates to the CSV/XLSX reports for visibility on the quantity of each SKU shipped on an order, if it is a multi-SKU order with multiples of each SKU being shipped. I would also like to see "batches" or "lot codes" added to CSV/XLSX reports.

Peter

Essential to running a crowing D2C business

I've worked with Shipmonk for over 2 years. We switched over during black Friday which could have been a total mess. But the integration was smooth and painless. Ever since then, we love how responsive they are with any issues that rise up. We identify, locate the root cause, fix and move on.

Pros

Love the real-time reporting and routing of packaging. We came from a small 3PL where everything was manual, and we didn't realize how transparent and automated 3PL could be. Shipmonk works with smaller brands but is built for scale.

Cons

As with all 3PL suppliers, their go-to team members on the floor are transitional. This means there's always a ton of turnover with pickers and packers. But this is nitpicking because it's an issue with all companies big and small in this industry.

Yoshi

BEWARE: Thousands of dollars of lost or stolen Inventory

I was really excited to work with Shipmonk, their service seemed really great. However after over 1 year with them I'm canceling my contract because of the constant loss of inventory that has occurred.I would only recommend their service if you sell very low value items or sell wholesale in bulk.

Pros

Pros: Easy to use integrated software that syncs with Shopify and automatically downloads my Etsy orders. Inventory tracking feature that updated my Shopify stock. When everything went well, being a Shipmonk customer was great. Orders were automatically fulfilled and it saved hours of work.

Cons

They lost thousands of dollars of inventory over the course of a year, a fraction of which was reimbursed. When you sign up for their service the terms and conditions say that even though they might be at fault for lost inventory, they are not financially responsible. It was incredibly frustrating having to email their customer service every week to report an inventory discrepancy. I sell unique clothing designs that have a high production cost so I suspect staff members were stealing my products each time an order was fulfilled. Their Happiness Engineers were always very apologetic each time I reported a claim, but failed to solve the issue or explain why my inventory continually went missing. The rare times that Shipmonk did agree to reimburse me, they only gave me a $10 credit per unit which was a small percentage of the production cost. The lost inventory has negatively impacted my business' reputation. Multiple times I had to message customers to apologize that their order could no longer be fulfilled. Many of the missing products were irreplaceable. Their software syncing system would list products as in stock on my website, then suddenly change to an inventory level of 0 when the order was being fulfilled, changing the order status to backordered. Because of Shipmonk's negligence, I've lost thousands of dollars worth of sales plus thousands in lost inventory.

DO NOT GO WITH SHIPMONK AS YOUR NEXT 3PL

if you are looking for a new 3PL, let me just start by saying.... DO NOT USE SHIPMONK. There are so many better options out there and the biggest regret ever is that I used ShipMonk for the past 18 months. When it came to closing my account, I was prepared to file a lawsuit it got so bad and I honestly wish I did. To 'close out my account and move my inventory' it took a whopping 35 days. You read that right.. 35 DAYS! That's 35 days of not being able to take sales. Thankfully - I had our best sellers already on Amazon so I could manually fulfil orders, but this is just a joke. Not only did it take this long to get my inventory picked up, they messed up NUMEROUS cartons mislabeling the contents and didn't label my pallets correctly. I ended up leaving them to go with Shopify Fulfillment Network, but if you don't qualify for them, I highly recommend ShipBob. I received quotes from over 5 3PL's and if I wasn't going with Shopify, ShipBob was my next choice.

Pros

The software is nicely built, but the customer service, shipping costs, and fulfillment times are a joke.

Cons

SHIPPING PRICES: One of the main reasons you use a good 3PL is to have the ability to take advantage of their cheaper / negotiated rates. Not the case here... rather than get cheaper rates, they are charging you more for every single carrier. I was getting cheaper rates using ShipStation back when I shipped myself. They are charging you as much as possible to just provide more profits for them, truly not caring for these small businesses they are providing services for. 2 DAY SHIPPING? RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM SHIPMONK!!!! In todays world, expedited shipping is becoming the new standard, and if you are looking to offer that to your -customers, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT COMPANY FAST. ShipMonk's 2-Day shipping cost was so incredibly high.. there were MANY cases where I would pay for their "custom label fee" which is $5, provide my own label via ShipStation, and it would STILL be cheaper than the cost they were giving me. How does that even happen? They offer 'DHL EXPEDITED MAX (2-3 BUSINESS DAY) and I did a report on all shipments that used this service and almost NONE made it there within 5 business days, causing me to refund SO many customers that paid extra for expedited shipping. I prefer USPS priority as I think the prices are fair, but they don't offer this for the 48 domestic states, only for Hawaii and Alaska which is the biggest joke EVER.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

I'll start by saying it's my biggest regret going with them and I really wish I went with ShipBob. Worst experience ever as a business owner and DO NOT.. I repeat DO NOT go with them or you will be writing a review just like mine.

Don

Industry: Food Production

Great and Friendly Service

ShipMonk has been a great partner to our small food business. They made us feel important and were always very responsive to our questions and needs. We found their pricing structure very easy to understand and we in fact realized substantial savings both in comparison to other fulfillment centers and in shipping costs by using their various locations.

Pros

ShipMonk was very easy to evaluate during the decision making process, the on-boarding was very efficient, and staff responsiveness is unsurpassed.

Cons

Hard to say. It really is very user-friendly so there is nothing notable on the negative side.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

We were not receiving the attention we needed from our previous provider.

Rebecca

No Reservations about Shipmonk

Shipmonk's customer service is extremely attentive and all of our customers have been happy with the arrival of their packages. I am very grateful for the team at Shipmonk and their support in the growth of our business.

Pros

I loved how clear everything was. Inventory was all in one place where I could see everything along with all the orders and the timing of their shipments. I loved not having to manage customer's orders the most.

Cons

Sometimes I would have a hard time with the "mapping" of products but once I figured it out then it was never a problem. There is a learning curve to understanding how to map and bundle but it is not that complicated and it winds up saving so much time in the long run when placing manual orders.

Jeremy

Industry: Consumer Electronics

You get what you pay for, a low-price for a low-quality.

Poor quality of service with perpetually apologizing and excuses coming from a nice and responsive customer service team. Low-cost so it's easy to start up, but you pay over time with their nickel and dime pricing model. I suggest you find a different provider.

Pros

The price, there is no upfront cost--so if you are just starting up and need to be cost-effective this is a solution. (but not a great solution)

Cons

The opportunity cost of working with a more qualified operation makes it not worth the savings... I have had countless problems, and they simply are not getting better. They simply are not equipped to handle all the business they have. I think the most obvious problem is that while you are not charged up front, you are nickle and dimed every step of the way, they charge way too much for boxes...it's literally 200% upcharged (and they almost force you to use them) and every pick (includign the same SKU from the same box) is just overcharged. They are making their money back over time, and while you don't pay up front you pay with every issue and delay. We are constantly falling behind in dates, it takes days to get even a single unit shipped...and even then it's too late to make changes. We had a wholesale order that required a master carton to be shipped exactly as is, and it took over a week to get their team to move that! So it's not three weeks late... I suggest if you have the ability to work with another operation do it.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

Shipbob would not let us ship the batteries in our units at volume... but we wanted to go with them.

Bad support teams

We have been using Shipmonk for about 9 months, we originally had a lot of problems getting our online stores setup with their system, they don't have any open apis or any way to do stuff if you have your own manual store, but it ended up working well enough once we moved to shopify. Then this holiday season we ended up having a shipment come in late, we reached out to them to get them to schedule a pickup so that we could still get it delivered on time, we were told this would be fine and tried to schedule a delivery as soon as possible with them. It took them 2 weeks of us messaging them and 3 days of our shipment sitting at the port for them to tell us they couldn't. We could have scheduled another pickup but decided this would have been better. We ended up getting it shipped the next day and again told that they would ship them out that day, they had also sent out an email that as long as we had our product there on time they could ship it out by Saturday. It then got to Tuesday morning and a bunch of printers still were not correctly shipped out and they had not correctly scanned the products for Fedex delivery so we have no guarantee that they will be shipped on time. Over the entire course of this we talked to about 6 different customer support people and were constantly told different things. Their mixed messages cost us thousands of dollars and the best they said is they assign us to another customer support specialist.

Pros

It was very easy to connect with shopify to get basic things working.

Cons

The customer support teams constantly give us conflicting information and even their mass emails give completely wrong information. Also their interface is very hard to manage and can make it so you easily make some massive mistakes. There are some very basic things like changing choice on multiple orders at a time that are completely impossible so that we have to manually go in and fix it in each order

Angelo

Shipmonk

Shipmonk has been an incredible partner and a huge asset to growing our company, With the help of personal account happiness engineers and an always available service team orders can be shipped in a matter of minutes. With one of the largest facilities and an exceptional team fulfillment is easier than ever. Shipmonk is the way to go!

Pros

Easy to use portal, helpful team, fast fulfillment

Cons

there are no current issue we see using the software

Mike

Highly recommended for growing DTC brands.

We came to ShipMonk after pretty terrible experiences with other 3PLs and they were a very welcome relief. We came to them because of their pricing but stayed because of their great customer service (just renewed our contract!). Their back-end software is also very intuitive and easy to use. Since we started working with them we have grown more than 4x and they have been able to keep up with this growth seamlessly.

Pros

We came to them for their pricing and stayed because of their customer service.

Cons

They have a minimum pick fee that can be expensive.

Improved customer service.

Kelsi

Customer Service out of this world!

Software is easy to understand and I am able to get to my desired result quickly. The customer service is what makes Shipmonk stand out though!

Pros

Very clear steps when you need to complete a task, easy to track packages and use that information to communicate with customer. Customer service is great!

Cons

Can sometimes be glitchy (like all softwares).

Marek

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce

Pros

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce. Quick Customer service and great online application/platform. We have integrated ours with Shopify store. Two locations in CA and FL can help you optimize shipping costs. We can highly recommend it!

Cons

We have been with Shipmonk for 2+ years and we have really like everything so far.

Nick

The Best 3PL for Rapidly Growing Brands

Great software platform backed by a great support team. They get packages out the door quickly (same or next business day 99%+ of the time).

Pros

Software is easy to use, easy to set up, and is backed up by a top-notch customer support team. The warehouse team scales easily with demand so we can meet extremely high daily orders during the busy season.

Cons

Nothing. Moreover, when there was a small feature we needed, the ShipMonk team was receptive to add it to their roadmap.

ShipMonk