All Thrive by Shopventory Reviews

Powerful, but with quirks

Rachel

Reviewed January 2020

Godsend!

When we signed up for the Clover POS it was under the guise of being an all-in-one for our business. That has proven to NOT be the case. Shopventory has seamlessly filled in the gaps Clover has. The bundling of products and superb inventory management/tracking. If you're finding that you aren't getting enough data, can't do what you need to do to track your stock, or other basic business functions, chances are Shopventory can help. We're halfway through the trial period and there are no questions that have been left unanswered, no system issues they haven't been able to help with, their customer service is ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I could have imagined. I wish I could give more than 5 stars, they deserve the sky. We will 100% be purchasing a subscription and will not consider it to be wasted money at all. They truly are the best companion for this Clover setup. Many mahalos!

PROS

The ease of use, customer service support and response rate and quality.

CONS

If there were an option to calculate the freight and taxes into our purchase order item costs it would be perfect. But that's a minute issue we are already familiar with dealing with.

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

Clover had a lack of stock keeping functions, bundling options, Vendor management, purchase order integrations, refunded items return to inventory etc. Basic business functions were left un-managed through the Clover system and Shopventory picked up and took off with functionality easier than I could have asked for.

Rachel, you're too kind! We're so pleased to be able to share the tools businesses need to run well, and it's a joy to hear about them in action. Keep the suggestions coming. We look forward to working with you this year!

Replied January 2020

Amy

Reviewed August 2021

Shopventory helps us keep track of our online & in-store inventory

Overall, Shopventory has helped us combine and keep track of our online & in-store inventory by integrating with our new point of sale system. There was a bit of a learning curve, but the program is relatively user-friendly and support is available for questions that arise. There are many available features for a fair price, and the program does most of what we need it to do.

PROS

We are a small retail store and Shopventory makes it easy to create barcode labels, print tags, create purchase orders, view sales, and display current inventory. Stocktakes with an integrated barcode scanner are an easy way to take and update inventory. The program integrates well with our Shopify point of sale + online store and when we make changes in Shopventory, the updates are reflected in Shopify quickly. I have chatted with Shopventory's customer service representatives multiple times and they are responsive and helpful. There are also ways to input reorder quantities and be notified when you are running low on stock.

CONS

We don't like that purchase orders cannot be edited after they are created. Sometimes Shopventory quantities are slow to update after an item is purchased, although if you click on the quantity that will usually update it. The program will also update at random times and if you don't save what you're doing frequently, you could lose your work. You can also only input digits to three decimal places.

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

Shopventory came recommended to us by a retail consultant.

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

We switched from using Quickbooks for our Point of Sale system to Shopify, and we needed an inventory management system that would integrate with Shopify.

Hi there! Thanks a ton for taking the time to leave this review. It's wonderful you're finding the time it takes for Shopventory to sync with Shopify to be quick. That's the goal! We definitely appreciate your feedback about our purchase order system. Editing a purchase order after you've saved it to record is not something we recommend but we can see how it would be helpful! Have you tried using the "Auto Create" feature? Hopefully we've been able to save you some time with the barcode scanning count feature! It's a big benefit for a lot of our merchants. Thanks for being a customer :-)

Mary

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Customer Service Is Excellent!

The customer service is excellent, but the PO format doesn't work well for us so I make adjustments where they are needed.

PROS

As there are some features/fields that are not available on the PO the customer service reps have always done their best suggesting other options.

CONS

"Terms" is not an option on the PO's so this is the most difficult thing to adjust, but I have an alternative that works "Okay"

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

The [sensitive content hidden] chose it.

Thank you Mary! We appreciate this review and feedback. We have a bunch of new fields coming soon. Make sure to keep and eye on our feature release messages! Great feedback on purchase orders. We'll work to implement them where appropriate!

Eric

Reviewed March 2023

Best solution for syncing Square and WooCommerce inventories

We were using Square as our in-store POS and WooCommerce as our e-commerce platform, and this is hands-down the best solution for inventory management in this use case. There are some quirks with Shopventory's bulk edit system that made certain tasks difficult (such as bulk changing categories) and there are inherent weaknesses in trying to use Square and WooCommerce together but this made a world of difference when we switched to it from a competitor—especially since Shopventory support and documentation are super helpful and competent.

PROS

Highly detailed stock history, super fast export of all SKUs with inventory quantity.

CONS

Making bulk changes to the product details can be unintuitive at times, and these bulk imports can take a long time to process.

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

We encountered non-stop issues with skuIQ's product and customer support.

Hello and thank you for this great review of how Shopventory syncs your Square and WooCommerce sales channels! We love hearing you enjoy our detailed stock history. That's our bread and butter! We've made a TON of updates to our bulk update tool. Speed was made a top priority! We're sure you've seen these already but if not please check them out!

Tim

Reviewed February 2023

Annoyed... but only because I can't give a 6 star rating

The experience has been really good. There are very few things in this world today that have given me more confidence rather than less. Shopventory is a miracle solution for us.

PROS

Shopventory has done the following for my business- Solved issues with inventory that have plagued us for years. - Created accountability among my staff for who is making updates in the system- Given me valuable sales data to help keep more products in stock- Connected me with a level of customer service that I have not experienced before.

CONS

It doesn't work spectacularly with Woocommerce Product Bundles... but it still works a million times better than what we were using before.

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

This was recommended by our new web administrator.

Hi and thank you for leaving this review. We're happy to have you as a customer! Thrive has been used by lots of our customers to help keep their employees accountable. We have great audit logs! Our reporting is also wonderful which it sounds like you have seen with the sales reports. We appreciate the feedback on the WooCommerce integration. We'll look into it!

Anjuli

Shopventory Has Helped Manage Our Inventory

The customer service at Shopventory is amazing! The inventory management has really been great. I love the detailed reports. It’s a great addition to our Shopify account.

PROS

I like the cost averaging feature, first in/first out for products and being able to add freight costs to purchase orders. I also like all the notes you can add in.

CONS

You can make any adjustments in Shopify because Shopventory will override them. No barcode/scanning options on the Standard plan.

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

The average cost function didn’t work. It also didn’t update all the changes in Shopify.

Hi! Thank you for the review. Our cost averaging features are super powerful. They help you get to the exact profitability of your products! We also support Lot Costing which works on a FIFO basis. We're happy to hear you love our customer support. They love working with you too!

Kathy

Reviewed August 2019

The product is great, the support is A+!!

Hands-down I have to give all of the credit to signing up with Shopventory to rep who is part of the support staff. She is impressively patient, spent hours working with me as we transitioned to Shopventory and is always extremely helpful whether I need phone or chat support.

PROS

It's been extremely helpful to have software that manages our inventory with important reporting AND integrates our Square Point of Sale system with our E-commerce​ store, Woocommerce.

CONS

There are some limitations in reporting and filtering, but I know Shopventory is constantly updating and improving.

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

Because of rep support, the integration with Woocommerce and the ability to turn specific items on or off with this integration.

Hi Kathy! Thanks a ton for your review. It's fantastic to hear that Shopventory has been a valuable solution to run your business with WooCommerce and Square. As you mentioned, we're always adding and improving features. Make sure you keep submitting your requests! That's how we know what to build next.

Replied August 2019

Emilie

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Great!

PROS

The customer service and support team are one of the best I've worked with! Someone was always available to answer my many questions with little to no wait time in the chat box. Easy to set up and I always knew I had support if I needed it.

CONS

I wish there had been the option to integrate with Metafields, as we are moving heavily in that direction for our storefront.

Thank you for your "Great!" review! It's fantastic to hear you've had a positive experience with our prompt customer service and easy setup. Since you've left your review we've added a ton of additional fields for you to sync with, including meta fields! Your switch from Stocky Sales & Field Automation to us is appreciated, and we're here to support you further!

Replied January 2024

Reviewed February 2019

Great for Small Businesses with Multiple Locations

PROS

Provides all the inventory management features you wished that Square provided (like a followable paper trail). Makes putting together transfers and orders a breeze. Great, quick customer service team when you have an issue. Constantly improving the system as well as adding features. Great way to tie together your WooCommerce / WordPress store with a physical location. Have been working on mobile apps like an inventory scanner app for smartphones.

CONS

The pricing tiers are the main issue. Once you go above 3 integrations (locations, so for example, 2 stores and a website) you have to go to their 10 location tier, which is over double the price. You can't add a pop-up or anything like that. User access controls have been improved greatly, but are still less customizable than I would wish. Because the development team is small, they sometimes introduce bugs into the system that will mess up your inventory, but the customer service team is great and will fix it for you pronto.

Hi there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We're always working on ways to improve our offering and have introduced several new user access permissions (for employee cycle counts) recently. Please let us know if you have any other great ideas! It makes us happy to hear that you love our Audit Log tool and Purchase Order/Transfer system. We just launched a big update to the Audit Log and made Purchase Orders automatic!

Replied July 2019

Don

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Dedicated Support Team

Very positive so far with support.

PROS

I liked that I could reach out to someone in chat and get instant answers to the questions I had. [sensitive content hidden] was a saint because I needed help, fast.

CONS

Not at this time. Sometimes the support articles are a little overwhelming.

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that our chat feature provided you with instant answers and that you found our team to be exceptionally helpful. We understand your point about the support articles sometimes being overwhelming; we'll look into making them more user-friendly. It's great to hear that your experience with our support has been very positive. We appreciate your feedback and are here to assist you further if needed!

Replied January 2024

Kimberly

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Ease of use and helpful staff

We also appreciate the ease of the chat function when we need help and assistance with any problems. the knowledgeable staff has helped on multiple occasions - not only during the on boarding process. Just the thought of knowing that we don't have to manually track our inventory manually anymore is a relief! We had been doing that for a few years, then as our inventory increased it got more difficult. Knowing that Shopventory is working behind the scenes has been a load off of my mind and our Finance department as well!

PROS

The ease of use for inventory management and tracking. Also integrations with 3rd party programs so we don't have to manually track our inventory anymore has been a HUGE relief!

CONS

It would be helpful if there was an option on the Dashboard to view sales and inventory changes for longer than just a month. And to have it set that way, not to retract to the defaults of to the current day.

Thanks for your review! We're going to be working on some big changes to the dashboard in the coming months. Keep an eye out! Don't forget to check out our integrations beyond Square/Shopify/Clover/BigCommerce/Woo! We also integrate with Meta Shops and Google Shopping!

Jason

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Shopventory Customer Care Saves the Day

I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] today, and he helped me out a bunch! I was confused about creating products and making them per unit pricing products. He was able to take the time to help me figure out it was way more simple than I thought. I loved the commitment he brought. I also love that I got some help quickly!

PROS

Keep up the great work! The way you guys integrate multiple stores and online selling is amazing.

CONS

If I had to say something, I would add that your help blogs aren't very advanced. I know you have to reach the basic users for the most part, and make it easy for them to understand. I feel as a pretty experienced user I'm quite a bit above the current topics. So when I go to look for advice, it doesn't take me very far. So then I end up getting lost on where to go, or over think what I should do. Thankfully you have great customer service, and they help me through it all.

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

I thought overall it had the most advanced features, and fit nicely with the system that I have.

Thanks a ton for your detailed review. Noted on the help articles! We'll make sure to keep improving them. If you need any other help with managing multi-location inventory please reach out! We love the conversation :-)

Craig

Retail, 11-50 employees

Shopventory Review

It has been fantastic. Has helped us take oru business to the next level.

PROS

The customer service I think is the best feature. They are pretty responsive and pretty friendly.

CONS

I wish there was a bit more options/features for bulk import/export and updates. If you have a lot of products, those options are the best. Also, wish the woocommerce integration was a bit better with more dynamic controls.

Reason for choosing Thrive by Shopventory

I don't remember. It was a long time ago. Most likely it was multi-location and create/recieve POs.

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

Creating/Recieving POs and more inventory managment features and ability to sync etc.

Hello and thank you for leaving this great review of Thrive by Shopventory! We're working on new improvements to bulk import/export. Make sure to keep an eye on our feature update log! It's great knowing you've been utilizing Thrive for creating and receiving POs. We hope you're using the barcode scanning functionality as well!

Hillary

Wine and Spirits, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Inventory Management

PROS

I like that we can see lot costs & when we bought them.

CONS

I really hate that there isn't a a way to firewall on other stores so that any changes you make are for the store that you are logged into. I don't like the amount of clicks it takes to make a purchase order. I don't like that you can't change the retail on a product on the purchase order screen.

inventory

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! Yes, product lot costs are a big feature for Thrive by Shopventory. We're glad that you find this valuable! Definitely some great feedback on the purchase order creation. We'll make sure to review them to see if there's anything quick we can do!

Liam

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Review - Shopventory

Terrific.

PROS

Once I worked out the variant stuff (thanks for all your help [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!) it was fantastic for creating items with multiple ingredients. I found it more accurate than any stock system I had used before, and it's integration with Square fast and seamless. The customer service is INSANELY good! Thanks for all your help guys. Once the global madness is over, we'll be right back.

CONS

I would like the stocktaking process to be simpler, and more customisation with report start and finish times. Also, please more decimal points for variants! For us as a business, we use Shopventory most to get a 'value used' figure at the conclusion of each week- this is the value sold + any wastage & comp stock, so as to determine the weekly cost of goods sold. I'm able to use my own spreadsheet in conjunction with Shopventory to get the figure, but I would love to be able to do it in one click through the platform.

Hi, thanks so much for the kind review! We take our software and service seriously, and are so glad to hear you've had a great experience. We love your insight for improvements as well! Just recently we released a feature to make stocktaking simpler by incorporating barcode scanners--just scan your products, upload, and counts are done! More decimal points are on the radar. As for reporting, we'd love to chat further about how we can help get the numbers you need faster, perhaps using our Inventory Change Report. Please reach out to our support team when you get a chance and let's collaborate!

Replied March 2020

Tammy

Great Program

Inventory and getting better syn and count.

PROS

Feature are pretty simple. I love the fact that you can see what is saved and what is not saved. I love that it will not let you duplicate anything.

CONS

No help on weekends! When something really bad would happen it will hold up my business

Reasons for switching to Thrive by Shopventory

There system went my description and not by sku so there for we had a lot of products that was in the system 2/3 times and it was the same product. It was not taking stuff out of inventory when it was sold.

Hi and thanks for this review! We're excited to hear you love some of our core features such as save status. We're always working to improve our platform so you don't run into any issues on the weekend. We have tons of help resources for you in the event of something like this!

Shawn