All Sortly Reviews

Sortly Review: Intuitive, Easy, & Great to Use

Sam

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Sortly was so easy to implement

Love Sortly. Use it every week sometimes every day, and it has been a great addition to our bag of tools at our company.

PROS

The staff position at our office that was responsible for this information has been replaced a handful of times while I have been in this office. The guy there when I was first hired bought a competitors software. I setup the local server for him, connected his iPad to it, and my phone. But before we could use it, I told him that he was going to have to configure it, and determine how he wanted to manage the inventory. It wasn't until 3 people later that Sortly was purchased and put to use the same day that we actually had an inventory up and running.

CONS

I use a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3. Previously a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The support team worked with me on the Note 9 due to a text size issue and the issue was mostly solved; however, I have yet to report that the problem is quite prominent in the Fold 3 and so they still have some work to do with their Text Flow/layout. At least on the Android side, but I don't know how much that would be their fault so much as it is the problem with Android allowing such a wide variety of configurations that every company wants to put their own spin on that I'm sure it can be a daunting task for them to address.

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Never could make it work for us.

Hey Sam, We truly appreciate the time you took to review Sortly and provide your feedback! Happy to hear that the app is valuable to your team. Please email support@sortly.com so we can look into the Fold 3 concern for you.

Replied June 2023

Engin

Textiles, 201-500 employees

Happy to find

PROS

It's easy to use for my team. I'm not sure if they and I could use that easier complicated software. I like managing my team besides, I can see all the movements of my team easily and can check what they did.

CONS

Now I have an issue about searching results. I have some items which have variants and when I search I see the variants instead of main item. I requested this to be fixed and sortly will take care of it hopefully.

Reason for choosing Sortly

Because of the price and easy use. While searching for software for our warehouses, I checked the trials of many of them but each has its statements and I had to learn what should be written where. Sortly can be used by anyone using a PC. You just create folders and put something in it.

Bailey

Design, 2-10 employees

Flynn Designs Review

PROS

I love the multiple-picture viewing printing labels

CONS

-How you cannot print large labels on the label maker. You can only print on sheets. -I wished the trash was more accessible. I always have a hard time finding it. -I wish it could be integrated into other software. -Need multiple measurements for an item (fabrics). -HATE that there is no phone tech support. Waste a lot of time.

Valerie

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Why Sortly Wins For Us...

It's been wonderful. I'm glad I did my due diligence and took the time to go over other products before realizing I didn't need to waste my time and money on others that had a bunch of features I wasn't going to need. While Sortly has features I can add on, as needed, I'm perfectly happy to be able to customize!

PROS

I spent a couple weeks going through various online trials and zoom meetings with companies showing me how their company was "top notch" in asset tracking, inventory control and all these other things. Turns out a lot of the other things were all the other things I didn't need... and the things I did need, were never included in any plans. Sortly fit all I needed. It was perfect. It had the ability to customize and categorize the way I needed and I honestly haven't had an issue with it from the get-go. Set up was a breeze. We started out with handheld scanners, and have since upgraded to tablets, and the changeover was seamless.

CONS

I'm honestly trying to find something I like *least* about Sortly, and I have nothing. My team has zero complaints, and they use it daily. Other than having to remind them to always use the same method of entry when entering a product (like typing the name in the same way...) - that's it. But that's a user issue, not a Sortly issue!

Reason for choosing Sortly

Price considering the size we are now. The ability for the product to grow with us as a company.

Billy

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

A Great all round inventory management app.

PROS

How easy it was to set up and get going, being able to add photos and prices.

CONS

it's an off the shelf product so wont hit all your buisness needs. quite basic but that is also what is so great about it.

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Update in technology, we wanted an app that would work on our phones and tablets. Where you could log in anywhere and see your stock.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Sortly, excelent inventory option at good price

So far, everything is good. We are doing a fine inventory management in part thanks to Sortly.

PROS

low price easy of use customizable fields

CONS

The limit to 2000 articles in the basic version

Reason for choosing Sortly

Prices and the demo showed that was really easy to use

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Sortly has many more automated functions for what we need. In Excel almost everything we did was manual.

Olivia

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Exactly what we were looking for

Simple to input inventory. Simple to use. Simple to customize. Very little barriers to creating the new habit of using it.

PROS

It’s better than the messy spreadsheets we were using but not super complicated to start or continue using. My team adopted it very quickly.

CONS

I wanted a longer free trial period in order to truly experience all scenarios I’d be using Sortly.

Reason for choosing Sortly

Infoplus was too expensive with too many features we would not use. Stockpile was too simple.

Reasons for switching to Sortly

This was just better. Period. And reasonably priced.

Brandon

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best customization options in the field

My experience has been very positive. I have been able to tailor the program to my exact needs which are not 100% aligned with the intent of some of the features, but because of the customization can be made to be used in exactly the way I need it

PROS

I selected Sortly due to the customization options. I use the program slightly different than it's intention which means the ability to customize is one of, if not the most important feature for my company. All other competitors I looked at did not offer enough customization making their programs not suited to my needs

CONS

I have no complaints about Sortly at this time

Reason for choosing Sortly

There were a handful of other products I looked at, most of which I do not even recall the names of. none of them offered the features I needed and/or did not offer customization to make the features I need

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Sortly offered additional options the ensure quality assurance from my team that a basic spreadsheet did not offer

Yago

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 51-200 employees

Nice stock management software

I’m still doing migration and setting up Sortly for my company and I’m enjoying the process.

PROS

User friendly Easy to set up Visually nice

CONS

Should be included the weight of the tools together with the price and other options. To be easier to calculate total weight for exportation purpose.

Reason for choosing Sortly

Because of the interface, user friendly…

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Because Sortly gmis giving easier use and visually is much better.

Alexander

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

A Great Start for Growing Companies

PROS

This is an easy to use platform that is fast to implement and adopt with employees that are not used to using inventory management platforms/ERPs. It is limited in financial reporting abilities as it is not a fully fledged ERP, but it makes transitioning to a proper ERP easy.

CONS

Difficult to manage inventory purchased at different costs/ perform FIFO.

Lisa

Cosmetics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great app/software

This has changed my job as manager of Inventory for an office space! It is so much easier to get things sorted when they can be counted in a flash, instead of having to use an excel spreadsheet.

PROS

I love that we can assign our own barcodes or Sortly will make them up for us. Also, that anyone can use it through their own phone, so it negated the need for several additional physical items to keep track of.

CONS

It was a bit expensive. Also, it took a learning curve to figure out that the imported items folder could be manipulated easiest. It would be nice if several functions could be saved in more detail with a pull down menu? For example, I use more shortcuts than the four allowed on the phone scanner.

Reasons for switching to Sortly

The ease of being able to use our phones as trackers (Sheetgo did not allow that integration as easily) and the ability to acess and update immediately in real time.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sortly! We are happy to hear that the app has replaced your previous method of inventory management and you are finding it useful. I'll pass your request for a Square POS integration to our Product team, and if you have any other feature requests, please let us know at support@sortly.com.

Replied June 2023

Kelsey

Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees

Sortly: Great for Small business inventory

It had a small learning curb, but there are so many features and capabilities. You can sort, add features, create bar codes, scan bar codes, etc. The possibilities are endless.

PROS

It is a very cost effective way to manage inventory for a small business, that doesn't quite need the large inventory software that is out there.

CONS

Some of the features are hard to understand for people that aren't savvy with computers.

Reason for choosing Sortly

The other products were very costly and really we needed something more than a spreadsheet to track out inventory.

Gustavo

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very user friendly and powerfull solution at an affordable price

I love this software, it is easy to install, use and maintain, have lots of features for a small business, and the price, compare to other software alike, it is very affordable.

PROS

low cost easy to implement and sustain user friendly folder structure multiple pictures for each product

CONS

no order ticketing no track of expendables not to many features integrations with 3rd party are only for enterprise level

Reason for choosing Sortly

affordable price, include many features that we needed

sherry

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Sortly Review in clinic setting

PROS

It has been great to keep track of our supplies over 3 clinic sites. We have one ordering manager, and they receive notifications when supplies are running low at one of our clinics.

CONS

Set up is time-consuming when adding barcodes on all supplies. However, once it is set up, It is easy to add new items. But that is the case with any inventory system.

Reason for choosing Sortly

Price and very easy setup. Some of the other companies were way more complex than what was needed and therefore more expensive. We only use Sortly as a way to keep track of inventory. It does have some other features we use, such as cost of supplies and reports on spending.

Pierce

Printing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Sortly- Year 3

The centralization of Sortly allows my lab to database product and vendor information

PROS

Solid user interface that is clear and well organized.

CONS

Mobile app can feel slow and clunky. Hopeful for further workflow integrations like Slack and creating purchase orders.

Reason for choosing Sortly

Straightforward product that is simple and easy to use.

Hi Pierce, Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly and for being a longtime customer! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things. I'll pass your feedback about the Quickbooks, POS, and Fishbowl integrations along to our Product team. If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@sortly.com

Replied July 2023

Kellie

Utilities, 51-200 employees

One Energy Sortly Review

PROS

The Mobile App is very easy to use. Simple and clear for the user.

CONS

I wish there was a way to store more Documents and track events on an asset.

Ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Sortly

We still use Fiix for items that require maintenance. But for all other items, we moved to Sortly.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Sortly - Ease of use

PROS

Sortly can be used on multiple platforms and devices. Updates are instant and time stamped.

CONS

There is nothing that we dislike based on how we are using Sortly

Reasons for switching to Sortly

Not easy to manage. Too much time required to keep current.

Charles