All Trunk Reviews

Janessa

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Trunk has been the absolute best purchase for my small business

Trunk has been the absolute best purchase for my small business. We were editing all of our inventory in each listing we had manually whenever we received a sale at first, but quickly learned that was not going to work for very long. I researched a ton, but all the other options for inventory tracking either didn't include the features I was needing, or they were crazy expensive. Then I found Trunk. It's so simple and easy to use! And it updates your inventory automatically for you pretty much instantaneously! I love it so much. Again, the best purchase I've made for my small business.

PROS

I love that Trunk updates your inventory instantly for you. And it keeps track of your inventory over several online retail options. We use it mostly for Etsy, but we have also begun to integrate Square as well. It's so easy to use, and the customer service team is amazing!

CONS

I honestly don't have a thing that I would change about Trunk. It is the perfect solution for my small business needs.

Millie

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Using TRUNK for my Etsy shop

Trunk has simply provided my Etsy business the most significant change to ease the management of my stock. It now allows me to concentrate on developing my Etsy shop with the confidence that I can achieve all my Customer requirements

PROS

Simple and straight forward to implement and does exactly what is says it will do

CONS

Would be good to link to the cost of stock held, as I cannot find any software package that can do this in an integrated way

Reason for choosing Trunk

Lack of integration in other products compared to Trunk

Reasons for switching to Trunk

Craftybase was not easy and not integrated into etsy

Robert

Reviewed March 2023

Great for 3D printing

Great, love the idea and initial implementation. Looking forward to seeing some of the community voted updates to roll in

PROS

I have over 50 different products i print and managing a lean stock of items while juggling 3 sales platforms. I Would be spending at least 1 per day at the computer managing stock without Trunk

CONS

I am waiting for a mobile phone web interface so I can check and edit stock while out out in the stock room and not just at the computer

Savannah

Reviewed March 2024

I LOVE TRUNK

PROS

We absolutely love Trunk! I can’t believe how seamless it’s made our inventory management between square space and Etsy. It updates so quickly from one to the other and we will never not use Trunk now. We keep saying that whoever created this software is a genius! Thank you so much for making our life so much easier!

CONS

I love everything about it. There’s nothing about it I don’t like.

Arianna

Reviewed April 2022

Game changer

I’ve been searching for a solution like trunk for two years. I used to be stuck in a constant cycle of overselling stock on Etsy. With this software I can now sync variations with duplicate SKUs and keep my inventory up to date in real time. Thank you for this wonderful service!

PROS

Duplicate SKU syncing across platforms and listings

CONS

Set up was a bit challenging but support was helpful

Reason for choosing Trunk

Sellbrite didn’t allow me to sync my variations across listings in Etsy as I wanted

Susan

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Well worth it

PROS

I love Trunk Inventory. Reasonably priced, works great. I especially love the duplicate syncing feature. It lets me know when I've made a mistake in the SKU. I couldn't run 2 stores without it. Thank!!!!

CONS

Don't have any problems with Trunk Inventory

Reasons for switching to Trunk

Trunk is more user friendly and cost effective

Jo-Ann

Reviewed November 2023

Best Inventory Tool for Multi-Channel

I am so happy with Trunk, I can't imagine going to any of the other apps I was using before. It's slighlty more expensive but well-worth it. Excellent excellent product.

PROS

No other app has eevr been so easy to set up. With other incentory management tools you have to migrate your products and map SKUs - not Trunk! As soon as you integrate with Shopify, Etsy, Amazon etc it pulls all the SKUs and matches them for you! Duplicate SKUs are easily managed and linking products to others (ie bundles) is super easy. It does it all for you instantly once new products are added on any linked channel.

CONS

Lack of reporting and inability to export products to audit.

Reason for choosing Trunk

Trunk was cheaper and much more intuitive, I used Ecomdash before but it was not as easy to use and more expensive

Linda

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Perfect for small businesses who need help with kit bundeling and multi channel inventory control

Overall I give Truck inventory a 4 only because I wish I could upload quantity changes faster from a Purchase order or a spreadsheet.

PROS

This has been wonderful saving me countless hours and overselling of inventory. I sell on a couple of different channels and sell tons of kits and bundle making controlling the inventory a nightmare. This app Trunk inventory has been wonderful and I have made my expense back just in countless saved hours. Its a great product and if you find a bug or error [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] jumps right on it. But take the time it set it up and double-check your bundle components before going live.

CONS

Getting started was a bit hairy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful and there to help get you up and rolling. Due to the unusual amount of kits and bundles it took a bit to get it set up and working properly. But that was mostly due to my limited time. If I was starting over I would have taken the time to really check the bundling kits that were built to verify I had entered them correctly. I had some issues due to component entry errors. As the saying goes garbage in garbage out but that was my bad.

Ulla

Reviewed March 2024

Worth every penny!

Trunk is the Advil for your inventory headaches. It works like a charm and opened up distribution opportunities that we had shied away from. Setup was quick and painless and we finally got a clear picture of our inventory. Worth every penny!

PROS

Easy implementation, speed and accuracy of synchronization.

CONS

Sometimes I think it's difficult to find a specific product.

Reason for choosing Trunk

Read a recommendation somewhere on the internet.

James Boyd

Reviewed January 2023

Saved me from many headaches.

I run stores on Squarespace and on eBay, with Quickbooks integration. There are many of my products that are sold both individually and as part of a bundle. With Trunk am able to set up a new bundle, add products to it, and Trunk automatically updates my store inventory based on the available elements. I wasted so much time trying to get my inventory and bundles synced between Quickbooks and Squarespace. That is now a problem of the past with Trunk.

PROS

Automatically adjusting inventory of bundled products.

CONS

It would be nice to have a feature to manually group product variants together.

Price

Ron

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Why you need Trunk

PROS

If you sell on multiple platforms then you know the amount of work it takes to keep track of inventory. My situation is amplified as we make Custom wood grips and making 3 or more of the same item is just not a viable option, when we found Trunk it was like finding a bag of money, literally, as it saved us thousands just from the multiple platforms of selling and not overselling. Where it really saves us is the bundling, that alone is an invaluable tool. Without Trunk our inventory would be a nightmare on our own website. We are in process of selling exclusively on our website and without Trunk our inventory levels would need to be quadruple what we are able to actually have. Customer service is 6 stars out of 5, they are right there to help you however they can. If you sell on multiple channels and worry about overselling or inventory at any level then Trunk is the answer. Thank you for this service, and Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Ron & [SENSITIVE CONTENT], Hudson River Valley Customs

CONS

Haven't found one yet, but some direct csv downloads would be very helpful for us and I'm sure they are working on it.

Élise

Reviewed July 2023

Very happy with Trunk...

PROS

Trunk is working very well for what we need, which for the moment is synchronizing inventory between different eBay sites. It also supports several other e-commerce platforms and website builders like Etsy, Shopify and Squarespace... that should definitely help us in growing our business! Their customer service is top notch, quick and nice, they answered all our questions when we contacted them months before we even started a free trial and were very helpful when we finally subscribed and set up the synchronization... In short, great product and great team doing a great job!!

CONS

I would like them to also allow for cross-listing your items directly from Trunk so that you don't have to go on each of your selling platforms separately to list the same item. I've heard that is in the works though so it's all good!

Samantha

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Super Easy For Small Business Owners

PROS

It's taken me forever to write this but I love Trunk! It makes managing my Etsy/Woocommerce a breeze. Because of how seamless it works - it will allow me to open up to other platforms as well - especially something as strict as Amazon. Also, I just want to note that whenever I have a question - even outside of their working hours - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has gotten back to me within minutes. Super impressed.

CONS

Honestly, nothing really. Everything is super seamless even for someone that gets frustrated with web stuff!

Patrick

Reviewed November 2021

Opened up many opportunities

Trunk made a huge difference for me. I needed a way to offer separate listings while using the same inventory for every listing, without having to manually adjust the quantity on every listing each time I made a sale. For months, I was held back by this limitation. After much Googling and reading forums, I noticed a few people mention Trunk and decided to give it a try, and it has been a game-changer so far.

PROS

Easy inventory management between all of my listings and sales channels.

CONS

I run a tiny business, and from what I can tell, Trunk is also run by very few people. With the overall functionality, I am greatly impressed by what they have accomplished. As with any product, there is room for improvement. For me, the area that could use an upgrade is the user interface. I'm a sucker for overly user-friendly interfaces, and it would be the cherry on top for this incredibly useful product.

Reviewed September 2020

Perfect solution for brick & mortars moving online

PROS

I own a brick and mortar and when the pandemic hit, we quickly opened an online shop. Our POS is Square and our website is Squarespace which don't integrate for inventory management and which meant we were going to have to do everything manually each day as items sold - what an operational mess! I like that Trunk is a go between that keeps our inventory current online and in our POS in real time. It's easy to update inventory (when damage happens or I pull an item) right inside Trunk and it updates the website and POS. It's also pretty easy to set up since it's based on SKUs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also always readily available to help when needed.

CONS

I hope in the future there may be a way to also have Trunk keep the pricing synced if we choose.

Musui

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Good syncing software for Shopify stores

Trunk is working great for us so far. We switched from another app because it became unreliable with syncing between our stores and couldn't keep pace when we had peaks in order volumes. We have not had the same issues with Trunk. We sell across 6 different Shopify stores.

PROS

Syncs inventory extremely fast and copes well with large sales.

CONS

The software does not have as many bells and whistles as others, but other than that no other cons.

Reasons for switching to Trunk

Previous app did not handle volume of sales well.

Emily

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Great Tool For My Business

Trunk has been an amazing new tool for my business! I went from manually editing inventory numbers across five sales platforms after every order to just not worrying about it at all. It was super easy to set up and it takes a lot of stress out of running my business knowing that I won't over sell any products. I also love that you can use it with Square, so that I don't have to worry about taking listings offline while simultaneously selling in person at events. The inventory counts adjust super fast, which I appreciate. Overall, deciding to utilize Trunk has been a great choice. I'm super happy with the entire experience.

PROS

Ease of use. The automation of keeping track of inventory and not having to do it manually saves so much time.

CONS

I do not find that I need anything more out of it at this time. It functions exactly as needed.

Entertainment, 2-10 employees