All Filevine Reviews

Jacqueline

Law Practice, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

Filevine Review: Filevine is Ideal for Lawfirms!

Ryan

Law Practice

Reviewed November 2017

Filevine is the backbone of our practice.

I get the ability to move my cases quickly and in a way that produces repeatable results. There is a huge increase in our efficiency and organization.

PROS

Filevine's feed is deceptively simple. It looks a ton like Facebook. But that's part of the genius. We had trouble getting our team to use other case management software. They would take notes in various programs. But they have all taken to Filevine. The ability to send texts to clients from the feed is game changing for us. We love the document automation and workflows. We recently connected Filevine with Domo to give us best in class automated visual reports for our KPIs. We enjoy the ability to share tabs with our clients, experts, and referring counsel. Filevine allows us to scale our processes. We are very satisfied. Customer support is first rate. I used Clio for almost 6 years.

CONS

Sometimes data has to be entered multiple times in various fields - like birthdates. This is a small annoyance. I do wish that Filevine had an intake tab that functioned like Lexicata to allow our clients to enter in some of their information without us.

Stephanie

Reviewed September 2021

Best Bang for your Buck

I am very happy with Filevine. The support staff is one of the best of any company I have ever used. Not only are they tremendously patient, but they are very knowledgeable and happy to help you with any problem that you or your staff are having. They listen to their clients and try to improve the features that the clients are requesting most. If you are considering the change to Filevine, I recommend that you do it - you won't regret it.

PROS

Filevine is very easy and is an ideal program for personal injury, especially mass torts. It allows for full customization and you can make different projects for each litigation. It allows you to text directly with the clients, both for their convenience and yours. The information can be placed in multiple sections and it makes it very easy to put pertinent information for your attorneys to use for the cases. You can keep track of all types of information with reports, from which intake sources are working best to what type of cases are currently in your inventory. In addition, I have never had a software that is constantly innovating & improving the way that this does.

CONS

I did not have to integrate from another software, but there are hiccups and delays when that becomes necessary. However, that is true any time you switch from one to the other. The new Docs Plus is very useful, although you will still need to keep at least one account for Adobe Acrobat, as all the features are not there. I wish there was a way to delete comments or tasks (for the administrator), as sometimes these are made but there is no way to clean it up.

Reason for choosing Filevine

The versatility and ease of Filevine made the choice very easy for us. It allows my virtual office staff to work seamlessly on their work and with each other. The customization ability made it an ideal choice.

Joel

Reviewed October 2022

Great for innovative personal injury firms with dedicated IT team--disastrous customer service!

I have a love-hate relationship with FileVine. If I did it again, I would not have made the leap to FileVine for various reasons. However, it's a great piece of software for the right firm --such as a mid to large size PI firm with a dedicated IT team. Essentially you are given a blank canvas with lots of options. It's not so good if you don't have the resources or IT team to build FileVine out for you, or if you want automation built in, or all in one system. Ultimately, the reason I am writing this review is the god-awful mess that is FileVine's customer service department. I have to admit am rather upset that FileVine is forcing me to pay for users that we don't have (FV makes you pay once a year and at some point we had some interns who briefly used the software). Other software you pay only for what you use in an automated monthly fashion. FV's renewal process is straight out of 1994. FileVine seems like the admin department has a lot of growing pains--really messy. But this is just another step in a long history of FileVine's poor customer support (such as taking almost a year to respond to repeated emails about setting up a fax integration.) I thought after treating me so poorly in the past that they would do the right thing in this instance, but FileVine decided they want to make us pay for user accounts that we don't use. It doesn't seem right to me, but it's their company. Ce'st la vie.

PROS

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. The UI is great and customization is the key to FV's attractiveness. You can built almost anything you want. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out.

CONS

There are no built-in automations such as in Lawmatics. The doc mgmt and calendar are worthless so we use Google Drive and G-Calendar instead. They haven't really done much to improve Filevine in the past two years whereas other software has been developed much more. They charge you extra for every little add on-- you get nickel and dimed to death. It's like when you go to a restaurant and spend $15 for a burrito. Dont charge me 75 cents for sour cream.

Maria

Reviewed March 2024

A new Era with Filevine

PROS

It's amazing how you guys integrate every aspect of the persona injury practice and you can customize the experience for every customer.

CONS

The preview for the documents is not the best one, it takes time while it opens in a new tap

Reasons for switching to Filevine

It was a different way to have the client's information, with filevine we are more organized

Thank you so much for leaving your review, Maria!

Replied April 2024

Kitty

Reviewed April 2021

Best Legal Software... Period!

File Vine has helped push our law firm to one of the Best Law Firms in our area! But, shh... don't tell anyone how small we are. File Vine is a very top notch friendly group of professionals who go above and beyond and very happy to help their clients succeed. Very hands on with training, onboarding and 24/7 support. If you forget what you learned, their help section guidelines and online support is superb. Their dashboard is very user friendly and flows. Love the streamlining of work , task flows and deadline chains. One click generated documents, texting, faxing and email features all within the client's case file. The Outlook email feature is a game changer in time management and organization. Last but not least, the substantial document storage and cloud security is as tight as Fort Knox!

PROS

Access our case files from anywhere, phone, tablet, and computer at home! Ability to text back and forth to our clients within their case file. One click generated Welcome letters, contracts, Medical records requests, Demand letters, and many more to reduce the repetitive tasks and time. Outlook calendar and Outlook emails dumped into our clients case files. The generated documents, sent to clients, signed and dumped in case files. Task flows and deadline chains with instant notifications to those who need to know. There are so many more features I like, I can go on and on.

CONS

File Vine listens to their customers and constantly improving and adding new features so there is not a lot that I don't like about them. They can integrate for you or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy, a little time consuming but it helps you to update and weed out your junk before transferring over to FV.

Reason for choosing Filevine

Software features, performance, support, cost.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

More features we needed to streamline our business and easiest user friendly software.

Kimberly

Love Using Filevine

Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing! Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for!

PROS

The integration of this product was a bit agitating because it was hard to implement Time Matters documentation into Filevine. Once it was finally complete, however, it has worked like a charm. The Filevine team were also very understanding to our specific dilemma and did what they could to pull all the data we needed from Time Matters.

CONS

I wish it were easier to do the templates. I just don't have the time to enter all the codes needed and honestly don't fully understand how to do it, so it's a bit difficult.

Reason for choosing Filevine

Trialworks seemed too much like Time Matters and we wanted away from that.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

new attorney did not like Time Matters.

Alison

Time Saver

Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

PROS

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

CONS

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Reasons for switching to Filevine

To streamline programs. However, Primafact, I believe does have a better service for showcasing documents and making edits within the documents.

Kristina

Good Answer to a Small Practice

Communication between employees with tasks that can be entered per client helps to keep on top of things. Everything is organized, which we like, so it streamlines the process. Most work involved is simply setting the cases up by entering data but t's all fill in the blanks

PROS

We like that this software is mostly customizable. We are a small firm and do not need all the bells and whistles that large firms might utilize so it is nice to design the format for how we do business. Mostly, we like that, since it is in the cloud, we can work with it no matter where we are which was a huge help in 2020 while working at home.

CONS

Improvements are being made all the time and if there is an area that needs improvement, we can enter it at the website and it will be reviewed and changed if enough people agree with our assessment. So there's not a lot to dislike as most are small things that don't affect the overall production. Maybe that the yield section determining settlement could include liens.

Reason for choosing Filevine

This was not my decision to make so I cannot answer this. I was consulted at the demo and it looked great to me. Since I am the one who sets cases up, customizes the pages, etc., my opinion was a huge factor in the purchase but I was not consulted on any other products reviewed.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Time Matters was outdated and required a separate server. With Filevine, everything is in the cloud so we can work in it no matter where we are.

Evelin

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

From TimeMatters to FileVine - WOW

It has definitely taken us from the 1980's to 2024. Huge change & upgrade for the firm - still have a few kinks to work out.

PROS

Ease of use for all levels of knowledge / administrative duty.

CONS

We had a very hard time using the Mail Mege / Doc Generator in the beginning.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Company Decision - I believe they wanted something more modern.

Evelin, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Replied April 2024

Spencer

Reviewed April 2022

Filevine - hard sales push promises more than delivers

I was intrigued to try this program. I did a demo and had numerous sales calls. It was an aggressive sales pitch. I finally said I'm intrigued to try it out which required me to pay over $2,000 I figured if it worked then it would be worth it. Well after a few days of use, it was clear it did not do what I expected and I did not like using it at all. It was my mistake and thank goodness I made them include a clause about not autorenewing my subscription. I recommend against using FileVine. Software should always provide a trial period, even a week. Where such a software does not let you play around with it outside of watching a demo, it should be a redflag. FileVine may be a good solution for some people but I don't recommend using it because they don't allow that before trying it. And it is not as full-featured as advertised and each little thing is another add-on fee.

PROS

In theory it offers customization. I don't doubt that it does. It has some limited document management abilities.

CONS

They charge you for "implementation" more than the cost of the licenses. I'm not a programmer or computer science graduate but consider myself competent with programs like this. My philosophy is that if I must be "trained" to use it, then it's not an intuitive program. When I had an issue, the customer service person - who seemed helpful - told me the only way to troubleshoot my issue - the documents were not searchable even though I had paid extra for OCR (notwithstanding word documents are by definition searchable) - was for me to add him as an administrator for my account and that he would look at it. I was stunned. I've used dozens of programs and received support from them when needed. Standard method is through remote access tool. Who would ever think to add their support rep's email as an admin on my account? This is indicative of my issues with the program.

Reason for choosing Filevine

I did not choose it. I did a very expensive "trial."

Hi Spencer, we are sorry to hear about your issue with Filevine. At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We understand your frustration with the sales approach and are actively working to revise that. Additionally, we hear you about paid implementation. Filevine is a powerful toolwe charge for implementation because we take a hands-on approach to migrating legacy data and ensure instances are set up so our customers can launch seamlessly from day one. We appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at info@filevine.com.

Replied April 2022

Ginny

Reviewed February 2020

BUYER BEWARE - FALSE, MISLEADING STATEMENTS TO GET CUSTOMER TO PAY & SIGN FOR 3 YEARS

We had a terrible experience with Filevine. The representatives are outright dishonest and lying to the customer just to make the sale. After countless hours of training we were told their forms software was a link to a California Judicial Council forms website. We were going to use the software for forms and billing. We tried to terminate the contract during the training phase within the first few months because the software is significantly deficient and Filevine had outright misrepresented its capabilities. They refused to terminate the contract initially and then agreed to terminate contract but kept our money.

PROS

Billing software was easy to use. Customer service was good until a conflict arose due to Filevine's major misrepresentations to get us to sign contract based on false statements. Their demeanor changed once contract termination was requested based upon their fraudulent conduct.

CONS

Does not have promised forms software which was one of the primary reasons we signed the contract.

Reason for choosing Filevine

We did not choose Filevine after paying $2,600. Filevine refuses to refund the money and pointed our firm to its arbitration clause which was incorporated by reference into the sales contract and actually sits on their website. They have an arbitration clause that forces the buyer into arbitration under Utah Laws in Utah. We were duped by Filevine. Filevine is a dishonest company trying to sign the buyer by any means necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Filevine did not meet your expectations. We do our best to inform our clients and provide them with information to make the best decision for their firm in their purchase. We do wish to reach an amicable solution and continue to stand ready to work through this.

Replied March 2020

Mariel

Reviewed February 2021

The Best!

I lover it!

PROS

I love how friendly usage this program is! Very up to date, very new and fresh! I will recommend it to anyone with my eyes closed.

CONS

I wish we were able to view CDs like MRIs, X-rays and etc.

Reason for choosing Filevine

It was colorful, not scare to click on things, very friendly, very new!

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Needles was very old and did not fi the need for our office. And Smart advocate was a more NY based program and you couldn't change it.

Tyler

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

review

I like it. But it isn't a perfect 10 product.

PROS

that the system does update, that the company does work on it.

CONS

its isn't as user friendly as it could be with changing things about the practice areas. it does take a significant amount of work to dig into the weeds to figure out how to auto-generate documents.

Reason for choosing Filevine

versatiilty, reports, and the idea that the software would change over time.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

I was looking for more versatility.

Adam

Reviewed April 2021

Great software; billing needs help

FileVine has been a vital addition to our company and we love it!

PROS

The ease of use is by far the nicest aspect of the software. I also like how frequently the product is improved and new features are added.

CONS

As a law firm, the billing, timekeeping, and invoicing could use more flexibility like the rest of the software; i.e. being able to export as an excel spreadsheet or word document; allow for more malleability with tracking dollars and hours and utilizing those factors in reporting; being able to view by hours or by dollars. Etc.

Reason for choosing Filevine

We appreciated the affordable cost for our small business as we grow.

Drenna

Excellent Product That Can Take you Anywhere you Need to Go

The benefits are that everything is within our reach in the project. I appreciate the many tabs that can be created for what ever we need. The avenues are endless with Filevine.

PROS

Filevine is so simple to use and we appreciate the ability to create projects for anything the firm needs. I particularly like the report builder.

CONS

Sometimes there are glitches but for the most part it is a quality dependable product. Support is always ready and able to resolve any issue we may encounter.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Firm decision. We needed something that could go beyond what we had been using @ the time. So glad we switched.

Robert

Reviewed September 2020

Excellent So Far

The Filelvine training and transition is extremely well organized. The customer support is exceptional. They are proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. The resources are endless and on point and readily available and they understand how to communicate and train busy lawyers and staff. Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

PROS

Its is extremely well organized with advanced capabilities that exceed TrialWorks by a great margin. The customer support is night and day. TrialWork was a cluster fudge. Filevine is like the extremely well run and proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

CONS

Nothing so far. The customer service is excellent - and nothing we have encountered so far is anything less.

Reason for choosing Filevine

Filevine is is extremely well organized with advanced capabilities that exceed TrialWorks by a great margin. The customer support is night and day. TrialWork was a cluster fudge. Filevine is like the extremely well run and proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Because Trialworks had terrible customer service and an inferior product and they over blow it.

Randy