• icon"I'd imagine the features are pretty useful for auditing and productivity. Cool that it can be pushed and controlled from main server, when that actually works."
  • icon"Veriato Investigator records everything an administrator or business owner would want to see. The best feature is the ability to play back screenshots, almost like a video."
  • icon"Easy to use and install. Provides very good insight into use of assets."
  • icon"I am unsure of the necessity of a program like this for a small company. The installation fee is sort of a bummer, as in its lame that you have to pay for someone to fix the software."
  • icon"Pain in the neck to have to physically move the computer from one user to another once an investigation is complete without arousing suspicions."
  • icon"This happens on a regular basis. The problem is you are not a partner of Microsoft or any of the anti-virus companies."

All Veriato Investigator Reviews

Mike

The best way to monitor your employees

Pros

Veriato Investigator records everything an administrator or business owner would want to see. The best feature is the ability to play back screenshots, almost like a video!

Cons

Setting up antivirus software exclusions can be difficult, but their support pages document the process very well.

Rey

Good Employee Monitoring Program

This product is being used to monitor employees to improve productivity and minimize unintended data leaks. I'm currently using this product since it was recommended by the IT Director from another branch, but I'm still looking around for a more cost efficient product out in the market with the same functionality and features.

Pros

The program monitors and records the activity on the system while the employee stays unaware of the software due to its obstructiveness to the system processes. It is not cumbersome on the system.

Cons

Updating the recorder version has a little issue. It will not update the recorder on the client even though you push the update. I had to push a re-installation of the recorder with the new version manually. The product does cost more than the other products from the other companies even though the functionality and features are almost the same.

Charlie

Antiquated Monitoring System

We've used Veriato since before they were acquired (formerly SpectorSoft). Our use case: Recording systems ad-hoc for legal review purposes (disgruntled or departing employees). If an employee does something malicious (data exfiltration, deletion, etc.), the software is only effective to verify what was done after the fact. Alerting is not very good. That said, it's a great value for the money if you're not intersted in real time user behavior analytics.

Pros

Reasonably priced Good US-based tech support

Cons

Very outdated compared to peers No user behavior analytics Resource intensive - client side Difficult to deploy to remote machines Not all features work the way you'd want them to

Response from Veriato

Investigator, while a great product is really designed for temporary or short term directed investigations. Our Recon product does include behavior analytics and when coupled with our 360 product provides a holistic Insider Threat Management platform. Our AI is advanced and will be looking at devices, files, locations, skype conversations, etc. It will understand the sentiment in the language of the monitored users and identify changes from positive to negative. Our product will review a user's normal behavior over the course of a rolling 21 day period to set the baseline and identify trends moving forward, for activity, then provide alerts if anything exceeding the norm occurs. It compares the dynamic baseline to current behavior. This will raise awareness for the need of best practices education on company policies as well; (such as use of USB drives, uploading documents and where, etc.). Cerebral is able to compare 1:1 and 1:Many.

Replied January 2019

Jason

A good tool for keeping track of the employees

This is a good overall product that keeps track of employees online activities and company time.

Pros

I like that I can see what my employees are doing and when they are doing it. How they are utilizing company time and money!

Cons

It can be cumbersome and timely to install. Some of the settings are a pain but a skilled IT professional can overcome those pains.

Mary

Excellent Monitoring Software

Safeguarding proprietary material is a must. The Veriato software has added real value to our risk management processes.

Pros

The ability to monitor the activities related to proprietary activities helps relieve the anxiety associated with potential loss of protected material through electronic transfers.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. The software is excellent!

Geof

Good spy software

Sometimes it's necessary to review what a certain worker is doing. This product is unobtrusive, and really does give you the information if you dig for it. Deployment, and the administrator dashboard are quirky, feel terribly old school, and it's difficult to find what you need. But, at the end of the day, it does do the job.

Pros

The software does a great job of capturing what a worker is doing throughout their day. If you have questions on any stats in a report, you can easily review the screenshot footage to find out what was really happening.

Cons

The interface is rather old and clunky, and it's hard to find the information you need quickly, if you're not a power user every day. Also, upgrades are clunky, too, requiring you to upgrade on the server, and hopefully push out to agents. Finally, it's really hard to know what's happening with an agent. The administrator dashboard could show if the machine had been shut down or restarted or any number of things. Also, deploying agents isn't so clear and sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Excellent product for HR

My clients use Investigator to supervise hourly wage employee activities, particularly those who work unsupervised hours, to make sure they are doing actual work rather than surfing YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and alike.

Pros

Undeniable screenshots and data for HR make it easy to make a case. Tech support staff have been EXCELLENT!

Cons

Setup can be a little complicated because of antivirus exceptions. Some improvements could be made to the viewer. Licensing should be by computer but should also be relocatable. Pain in the neck to have to physically move the computer from one user to another once an investigation is complete without arousing suspicions.

Lyle

Industry: Computer Networking

Pros

Screen Shot Recording so any unsupported software you can monitor Key logging, web and email filtering Constant Recorder Updates to keep the integration working Great Support Seamless to the user running in the background and hard to find Tonnes of features to be able to adjust the settings to your Organizational Needs

Cons

- Constant Antivirus Exclusions with every recorder version - Computer licensing is a bit of a pain as if you want to record a different computer or replace a computer you need to keep the same name as that license is tied permanently to the name of the PC and cannot be changed unless you talk to support

Caroline

First Time User

Although we discussed using this type of software in the past, we finally purchased this, based on our IT's recommendation. It paid for itself, unfortunately, giving us the information confirming our issues with an employee.

Pros

I especially liked the screen shots feature. I thought the pricing was reasonable as well. Although I didn't look for a training section, I thought the software was user friendly and I was able to navigate my way just by the buttons/menus.

Cons

I had a question on getting right to the screenshot feature. I would also like to have had a way to narrow down my viewing time instead of going through the Refresh screen and then putting in my dates. There may be another way but I didn't research that further.

Timothy

Works great if you can get it to work properly

The customer service is great, every question I have had, they have an exact answer which is really nice when dealing with customer support.

Pros

I like most that I can manage my licenses from my server directly and make changes. The ability to have the software functioning without me having to check on it on a constant basis lets me worry less about it.

Cons

The setup is what makes this software hard to use. I use a domain server and it is tricky to install and get the workstations synced with the server properly. I have gotten it to work, but it is a long process of having to go to the individual computers, install the recorder, and change the antivirus permission settings which is a pain.

Martin

Industry: Chemicals

The eye in the sky

its been 50/50 for me, there were times where we needed to see the activity of a employee and the software was either down or not recording properly. its something you have to keep an eye on to make sure the services for it are running and the antivirus sofware is not getting in the way.

Pros

capability to monitor the activity of our users via screenshots, email, key logging, web site views, application view, file transers and etc. all in one software to know what you employees are up to and if they are doing anything they should not be.

Cons

i have had issues installing the recorders on certain computers and servers. it installs in the background so it does not tell if you it was completed or if something stopped it from completing

Response from Veriato

Thanks for leaving us a review Martin. With regard to the agent health status, this is a feature that is on our road map. This feature was recently added to our flagship product called Cerebral where once the agent is successfully installed on the device, a notification is sent to the Admin. The reason the recorders stop working sometimes is that users often update to newer versions of browsers or even operating systems that we may not have built a patch for yet. All this feedback will be sent to our Dev team!

Replied November 2019

Chandler

Trouble uninstalling, many issues reinstalling and pushing recorders to clients. Steve made it easy.

Steve V. was a good tech, explained things thoroughly and carefully. I appreciate his help. I have not seen any benefit.

Pros

Personally I do not enjoy this software. The boss however loves it. I'd imagine the features are pretty useful for auditing and productivity. Cool that it can be pushed and controlled from main server, when that actually works.

Cons

Its pretty much a keylogger + spyware. The viewer doesnt seem to work over the network although everything is connected in workgroup, hence the issues. The clients stop checking in randomly. Setting up AV exceptions with RMM is surprisingly difficult. I am unsure of the necessity of a program like this for a small company. The installation fee is sort of a bummer, as in its lame that you have to pay for someone to fix the software. Some of the tech's I spoke too (not Steve V. he was wonderful) were not very helpful.

BARBIE

VERIATO SOFTWARE REVIEW

MY EMPLOYEES NOT PRODUCING EFFECTIVELY FOR MY COMPANY THIS WAS THE ONLY SOFTWARE COMPATABLE TO EBLASTER

Pros

THAT I CAN CHANGE THE DATES TO MAX OR MIN VIEWS

Cons

THAT IT DOES NOT SEND ME NOTIFICATIONS THE EBLASTER USE TO I LOVED THAT PRODUCT IT WAS EASY TO READ BRIEFLY THRU AN EMAIL VS TRYING TO NARROW DOWN TIMES

sergey

Review of software: Nice functionality but poos quality

Pros

Recording and the screen recorder. Easy to Use.

Cons

Constant blue screens and crashes. This happens on a regular basis. The problem is you are not a partner of Microsoft or any of the anti-virus companies. The solution resembles a bolt on system, and is great when it works but continues to experience a lot of issues. The software does not keep up with updates of operating systems and anti-virus's and is re-active when there are problems and not pro-active.

Ilan

Industry: Online Media

Veriato review

Technical support is unable to problem solve these issues leaving an unfavorable experience.

Pros

Screenshots are fairly clear Email activity works fairly well

Cons

After countless call with Technical Support there are still problems with: Tracking of websites do not work for users of Chrome List of Recordings by Computer contain older irrelevant recordings Cannot rename computers Online Searches feature does not work Websites Visited does not work File Transferred feature does not work File tracking is not detailed enough

Mustafa