Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"As a Foundersuite customer, I feel like I'm getting the services of a great advisor on top of the software itself."
  • icon"Foundersuite offers a turnkey solution while allowing for customization, something especially invaluable for emerging fund managers."
  • icon"Easy to use interface, excellent integrations with 3d party services and great investor communication tools. It is very well optimized to manage your investor pipeline."
  • icon"Inconsistent UX / can be confusing at times. Some features change behavior with generation updates... quirkiness."
  • icon"Investor database is limited, particularly outside the US."
  • icon"I say this knowing that the majority of users that will use Foundersuite are start-up entrepreneurs, and as such, I severely doubt there will be any missed value due to complacency."

Have you used Foundersuite and would like to share your experience with others?

All Foundersuite Reviews

Been great for researching and "collecting" prospective angel investors as we prepare to raise.

Pros

Large investor database (there are thousands of potential New York area investors in the system). Easy to use interface that keeps me on track with my fundraise and helps me manage investor relationships. Solid workshops and webinars about raising capital. Great customer support. I've also been using the Investor Update tool to keep our stakeholders in the loop with our progress, which they've appreciated.

Cons

I originally got a 40% discount through WeWork’s Services Store. It would be nice if the discount extended forever.

Kurt

My experience has been amazing! Currently using Foundersuite daily and solves so many headaches!

Easy of use Tracking flow of investors Valuable investor related information and prospecting new investors Saves me so much time having everything in one place versus excel sheets

Pros

What I love most is how easy things are to input and transfer around on the Kanaban board to track things. It is super easy to setup, add notes, track progress and visualize your flow of investors all in one place! Highly recommend people to use this that are running a business and need a CRM tool to track potential investors/ current investors or keep them up to date.

Cons

Sometimes I get logged out more than I would like, I have to login almost every time I visit the site vs it remembering my credentials.

Useful but kinda clunky and overpriced for an early stage startup

Pros

The investor reports are nice and easy to assemble...I need more characters but there isn't enough great things to say lol

Cons

Kan ban is a GREAT concept but shows less-important important info on the cards. No way to customize. And editing investor details is a pain. Haven't seen updates in awhile (reports could use some more functionality to make them great).

Response from Foundersuite

Thanks for the review. I'd like to invite the reviewer back to take another test drive... after a lull in the earlier part of 2017, we've been adding a TON of new features... ability to add VC Firms, ability to add custom fields on the investor cards, improved CSV import, etc. As for the investor Updater tool, we are just about to launch new KPI Table (in code review) plus a tool to automatically send reports (plus track the amount of time investors spent reading your reports). Lots of good things in the works -- come back and check out what's new :)

Replied December 2017

Mike

Exceptionally easy to tailor to my own needs; integrates well with my other software; great asset

Instant organization for the multitude of investors and investor candidates, then partners and candidate partners in our company. Foundersuite gives us shared awareness and near-real-time status on exactly where we sit on investor and biz development which grows accuracy, saves time, and streamlines what could be a laborious endeavor.

Pros

You can modify columns which give a customization flexibility to make it a useful CRM across many business domains. I used Foundersuite for our fundraising and immediately pivoted to biz dev partners and partner candidates. I had minimal instruction; discovery learning is easy. This is my first outside of a career in the military and I love it.

Cons

Minor comments: SUGGESTIONS--The edit/save feature is hard to see; consequently, I sometimes forget to save an entry (per field) and often repeat the work. the email historical info is terrific, but sorting through the email message (unformatted) is difficult. If the history can preserve emails in their original format--and not just the text--it would be a massive time saver.

Jeremy

Foundersuite hit the sweet spot for cost/value. It has just the rig capabilities, but simple to use.

We are able to keep our team focused on getting investors, and not on updating complicated spreadsheets.

Pros

We've been raising money for a while. Like most teams, we've been using spreadsheets to manage our investor pipeline with limited results. We finally decided to take our team to the next level and adopt a CRM. At first, we considered using our customer-facing CRM, but it just wasn't a good fit. Foundersuite hit the sweet-spot for cost/value and incorporates all of the right features we need. Most importantly it was easy for our team to learn and start using.

Cons

Foundersuite is still in early releases. There are a few features that we would like to see in the app. However, the support has been excellent and some of our needs are scheduled for an upcoming release.

Eric King

At a publicly traded SaaS company, I lived by SalesForce. Now I live by FounderSuite! Great Product!

Full picture of investor pipeline and single place to track and plan follow-up actions. Using the investor update tool has also been a significant benefit and investors seem to like it. Overall, saves me time and helps manage the fundraising process.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and the best way of tracking an investor pipeline that I have found. Love that you can search for investors internally. The investor update functionality has become a big part of my weekly cadence and offers big value!

Cons

It would be great if the investor update tool could be easily integrated or exported into email. I'm finding some potential investors (mainly) won't clink the link to view the report. Actual investors do, but seems potential investors don't (at least for me). And I know it's in beta...but overall I like it!

William

My funding funnel has never been easier to manage. Foundersuite changed my company.

My investment pipeline now takes half the time to manage and I get better results.

Pros

Investor search and smart contact detection. Makes sharing investor contacts with my team easy. Also love how it tracks conversations and how they change status in the investor pipeline. Investor update portal is HUGE with my investors. The document templates are a nice touch. Have used several of the templates myself.

Cons

No mobile support. Makes me sad when I'm on the go because I get into situations where I want to look up or change stuff when on the go. A bit to pricey too.

Benjamin

Looks very promising!

This is a unique tool for startups. The benefit is keeping track of investor communications and ensuring that you have the right follow ups at the right time to keep things moving.

Pros

I am still in the early stages of using this software, but our startup is planning to make full use of it as we work through funding. I am an organized person myself and I like finding software that helps me to organize more effectively than I could do with generalized tools like MS Office or Google Documents. In this case I am referring to organizing the contact history. We were pleasantly surprised about how great the reporting feature helped our information look and become presentable to an investor audience. Our first uses of the reporting tool has positive impacts on responses from investors who we already had some small contact with! When I ran into one problem I was also pleasantly surprised to find that CEO had been on the chat with me.

Cons

I am not far enough into the use case to be a power user or have a big picture perspective on Cons. In May'18 did find one problem with the way text was not saved when editing the report. There were two buttons involved ('Update report', 'Save report')and I was hitting 'Save' but 'Update' had to be pressed first.

Sidney

Great product and customer support!

I've tried several CRMs and Foundersuite has been the most user-friendly by far. I'm particularly impressed with their tech support and quite often find myself chatting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

I really enjoy how intuitive it is. At the same time, the more I use it, the more useful the platform becomes. Foundersuite offers a turnkey solution while allowing for customization, something especially invaluable for emerging fund managers.

Cons

No platform is perfect and there are some (minor) areas for improvement. For instance, depending on the volume of information accessed, it might take a couple of seconds to load the data. I have also come across incomplete data while searching for investors.

Response from Foundersuite

Sidney, thank you for the review! It is encouraging to see many emerging venture capital fund managers such as yourself successfully using the platform. Thank you.

Replied March 2021

Bernard

A most valuable service in the changing landscape of entering, scaling, expanding a business.

Pros

Foundersuite's efforts for startups bring advice, education, structure, and live solutions to those entering the startup universe, and assist in preparing them for future growth.

Cons

In today's funding world VC's lack actual startup experience, which is considerably different from gathering investors, sitting on boards, etc.; and they have become myopic in terms of finding the 1 our of 10 viable startups. As a result VC are tending to ICO's to raise "non-responsible" capital, i.e. avoiding earning investor fees and responsibility to investors. Would suggest an additional funding focus out side of the VC world, i.e. into private capital, i.e. back to traditional, highly experienced, successful entrepreneurs as investors. There's lots of money in the hands of experienced entrepreneurs.

Extremely easy to use and unlike most CRM platform very visual and helpful

Pros

I really liked the UI and the ease of use. I do believe every entrepreneur who is in the process of a fundraise should use Foundersuite. The excel spreadsheet are no longer sufficient to track all meetings, presentations, emails, etc. Foundersuite is the platform of the future. The founder is the true entrepreneur always willing to help his clients and fellow entrepreneurs to get funded.

Cons

The only comment I have so far is that it would be great if Foundersuite can grow the platform of investors even further. Ultimately when 80% of all angels and VCs are featured on Foundersuite it will become the ONLY CRM to be used by entrepreneurs.

Response from Foundersuite

Thanks for the review! Your timing is excellent: we are currently adding around 10,000 VC firms and about 28,000 "alternative investors" such as family offices, fund of funds, PE firms, foundations, hedge funds, pensions, etc. into the database. Check back soon to see the greatly expanded investor search features.

Replied March 2018

Jack

Industry: Farming

Accelerate Your Process

Using this tool has helped structure and clarify my fundraising process, which was fairly disorganized previously. It has helped hold myself accountable to following up and pushing leads to the end of the line, where they eventuate in either a rejection or an investment.

Pros

The tool is out-of-the-box useful...immediately start building investors cards and mapping them into your unique process. It honest-to-god makes it fun to cold call and get rejections and move on to the next prospect. Our rep and his team provide some of the most responsive support I've seen with any software tool.

Cons

There are micro features I wish I could change like remove a click here or there.

with the help of the videos and help of the staff it was a very nice expereince for me as a novis.

a clear picture of he world of investment and the levels of players if you will in this are of business

Pros

everything is layed out in front of you nothing hidden each panel is laid out quite nicely and is efficent in its design

Cons

Well as a novis I think what would be most helpful is a glossary of terms ( industry terms ) used in there everyday practice - this woul help the novis get a better understanding of the individuls he is contacting and there position in the world of investment etc.

Devang

Devang's Experience

We are using Foundersuite to help organize our fundraising strategy and it has been the main software used for us to do so.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to organize between the different rounds that we are trying to fund raise and easily move between different potential targets for investment.

Cons

I felt that sometimes the software was laggy or everyone in our database would disappear for a breif time and then come up, leading to some slight confusion.

Cristiane

Able to maintain our startup's info and investor funnel updated

Updated information

Pros

Easy to use, LinkedIn integration, exceptional customer service. The Investor board allows you to move around investors between customized columns. The ability to monitor investors who opened our pitch. The ability to request incubated startups to update their info automatically.

Cons

Not able to send update to investors directly from the system. Other than this cant think of anything else.

Response from Foundersuite

Cristiane, thank you for your review. I am happy to report we are currently working on the feature to send investor updates directly from the system. It's being coded as we speak. Check back in 2-3 week! :)

Replied February 2018