All Zapier Reviews

Reviewed April 2021

Cuts out busy work

Alejandro

Reviewed December 2021

Zapier the best application integrator

As a digital marketer, I use many applications that I cannot keep an eye on all day or manually pass information from one application to another and I also need all the data to be synchronized. Zapier makes my day easier, connecting the applications that I use, it executes tasks automatically according to the rules that I establish. I love it helps me save a lot of time and money by hiring programmers.

PROS

Zapier changed the way I deal with applications and tasks. What I liked the most is the automation of work processes, another of its advantages is that Zapier includes a large list of applications to connect. Also that the Zaps are only executed with a filter rules. The user interface is nice so that anyone with basic knowledge can use it without the need to hire a programmer.

CONS

The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Facilidad de uso, precio, documentación y catálogo de aplicaciones.

Nick

Online Media, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2023

Recently Switched to a Lower Cost Alternative

I'm still a fan, and may come back in the future, but am testing an alternative at about 25% of the cost.

PROS

Zapier is a great product in that it simply works. After you set it up, the automations run on autopilot (until something changes, usually with one of the integrations). It's super reliable and you don't have to think about it.

CONS

They recently raised my rates by almost double, which sent me looking for alternatives. I'm not a heavy user. I only have a handful of zaps, and most months only use a small number of my available actions.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Make (then Integromat) was in its very early days and didn't have all the integrations I needed.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

IFTTT functionality and reliability was weak.

Lucy

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Couldn’t transfer data without it!

Overall experience with Zapier is great. It’s a very useful and inexpensive tool.

PROS

Zapier allows us to connect our website leads to our pipedrive CRM system and without it, we wouldn’t be able to do this.

CONS

Can be a little tricky to set up. If we hit our monthly allowance it stops working so we have to be conscious to keep an eye on this.

Barb

Reviewed November 2022

Wayyy overpriced.

I am a long-time Zapier user waffling between paid and free for a number of years. Most recently, I moved to a paid subscription because the apps I use were able to connect. Many of my zaps only need to run once a day or even once a week and when I selected "instant trigger" they would run 100's even 1000's of times per day. For example, zaps that were to check new calendar appts were not just checking new, but going back months and years and checking old appts.When I contacted Support I was told they would only run when triggered. I had to increase the price of my plan because of the false triggers. During the time I stayed on a paid subscription, I contacted Support a number of times and found their support to be very lacking (compared to 5 years ago). Support was not able to understand my issues, resolve them or explain why a trigger was running 1000s of times per day and more importantly find a way to stop them.I moved to another app because the pricing was much better (read: way cheaper!) and support was able to resolve issues. Overall, I found Zapier wayyyyy over priced.

PROS

Zapier connects to almost all of the apps out there.

CONS

Overpriced.Poor support.Support not able to resolve issues tied to zaps over-running.

App availability.

App availability.

Jeremy

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Zapier made things simple

Overall good as expected. There was a lot of documentation available to create working zaps. It took time to discern and understand but that was expected.

PROS

Solution for integrating systems and automating redundant tasks.

CONS

Learning how to make Zaps work and working with its interface.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Extensive documentation and templates are already available.

Joseph

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great Workflow app

PROS

It's fairly easy to setup workflows and automation.

CONS

Small amount of workflows available without paying too much. Sometimes setting up workflow is confusing

Isabel

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Essential for Marketing efforts

It is essential for digital marketing and it is one of the best tools you can have.

PROS

Zapier is a very reliable tool to leverage your marketing stack. It helps with integrations, consolidation of data, and even notifications.

CONS

Because what Zapier offers is priced by activity, your original plan can easily scale towards a more expensive plan.

Tess

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Zapier Review

PROS

I like that I can manage and automate my business in one place.

CONS

the monthly paid plans can be a bit expensive.

1 employee

Zapier Review

PROS

Zapier's intuitive interface, extensive app integrations, and robust automation capabilities make it exceptionally efficient for streamlining workflows and increasing productivity.

CONS

Occasional limitations in customization and complexity of more advanced workflows can be challenging. Also, pricing can become prohibitive for extensive usage.

Linda

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Easy automation so you can focus on other important tasks.

Excellent: reliable and useful for solopreneurs.

PROS

A high number of integrations are available and reliable.

CONS

Can be expensive for small businesses just starting out.

Reviewed December 2019

Automates Every Day Tasks

Like I said before, we use Zapier to automate tasks that we would normally have to do manually. Things that used to require extra man power and time are done automatically by integrating your every day apps in Zapier.

PROS

Zapier is great at taking the monotony out of your every day tasks and automates them, saving you both time and money. Zapier does this by connecting to your most used apps and triggering actions depending on conditions that you set up yourself. A few examples of tasks that I personally use Zapier for include: - If our organization posts a new Instagram story, Zapier automatically takes that data and posts it on on our WordPress website to the social media section of the website. - We have a project request form where with any submission, projects are automatically created in Asana. - If I tag a project in Asana, Zapier automatically sends an email to the client that the project is complete.

CONS

Sometimes it can be somewhat of a hurdle to set up certain integrations. Also, the integrations will at times stop working and it can be a challenge to nail down the exact cause. Usually the integrations stops working because of api changes with the individual apps, or if there was a password change with a user in the account.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

At the time, Zapier felt more full-featured and professional. I haven't used IFTTT in years, though, so I don't know how it's improved.

Josh

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Zapier has been one of the best and biggest game changers for our business

My experience with Zapier has been great. It meets so many of my needs. It makes my job so much easier by taking so many important details off of my plate (and off of my coworkers' plates). When something goes wrong, the customer support is ACTUALLY HELPFUL! That's so rare these days. But Zapier has managed to have a good customer support who actually looks into issues, finds the problem and addresses it. I am extremely happy. We purchased Zapier for my 9-5 job, and I plan to purchase a plan for my own side-business once we've grown large enough for it to make financial sense. Zapier is a game changer for businesses.

PROS

The thing I like most about Zapier is that I am able to automate all the boring tasks I used to do manually. It can do almost any of those things - whether it be gathering information and sending it out in an email or in a Slack channel, or assigning a task to a particular person, or sending us an alert about a client requesting a revision on a proof, or any number of other things. Zapier allows us to automate it all, AND it makes sure that nothing slips through the cracks (which used to happen if one of us got too bogged down and missed an important detail). Zapier makes our lives easier and it protects us from basic human error.

CONS

I'll be honest, I'm struggling to think of what I don't like. I think the main things I haven't liked are not Zapier's fault - like the way certain other apps have chosen to integrate (Dropbox will only let me work with my personal folder, not my Teams folders, really??) But that's not Zapier's fault. That's Dropbox's dumb fault. I guess something I don't like is that I find it confusing to understand where my tasks are being used. I think I eventually figured it out, but it was a little confusing and could be more user-friendly. I also found some of the error notifications confusing because it provided a link, but then I couldn't figure out what the error was or why it existed. I had to contact support. But support was super helpful, so that ended up being fine.I don't like that if I go to edit an old zap, it sometimes makes me have to run the trigger test again and then click through all the earlier steps before I can fix or set up a step later in the zap. But that's not a huge deal. It's just a thing I can think of.All in all, I don't really have a lot that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Zapier had more integrations than the others, and it had the integrations we needed. Also, the user experience was better and just easier to use.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

I feel like a magician when I use Zapier

Extremely positive experience automating tasks that previously required substantial manual time and effort. Zapier has made our operations smoother and more efficient.

PROS

Zapier has been a game changer for our nonprofit organization. It is easy to use with a No Code approach. Within minutes, I was able to set up automated workflows to integrate our donor management CRM, email marketing, AirTable, Google Calendar/ Gmail, and other platforms. This has freed up valuable time and resources allowing us to focus more on our core mission. Zapier's drag-and-drop interface makes it accessible even for those without coding skills and streamlines various aspects of our operations in an incredibly user-friendly way. I am a huge fan!

CONS

This is not Zapiers fault, but as I've gotten used to being able to make magic happen between apps, there are other apps I'm not able to integrate with or occasionally apps that do have integrations but not ones powerful enough to do what I want them to. For example, we use Dialpad as a shared phone number, but Dialpad can't forward text messages to email or Slack.

Reason for choosing Zapier

I had previously used a plugin that listed Zapier as an integration, so I had a bit of experience with it. When it was time to do more integrations in our organization, Zapier was a natural choice.

Fillipe Neyl

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Zapier makes creating integrations fast and easy

There's no secret to use Zapier, all you need to is to play with it, follow simple steps the interface tells you to or read the documentation (that's very abundant). The most recent thing I've learned was to use webhooks and use Zapier to get ou send information directly to apps API. It solves most of the issues I mentioned prior.

PROS

Zapier changed the way I deal with apps and tasks. Now everything I need to accomplish I ask myself: is it possible to use Zapier to make this easier or even totally automated? From simple things like sending happy birthday emails to my clients, to connecting a ERP app with Google Spreadsheets, there's hundreds of apps with thousands of possible combinations possible to make our lives easier.

CONS

Since they revamped the interface for creating and managing Zaps, there's not really anything that I don't like about Zapier. If worth mentioning something, it would be the missing actions, triggers or sometimes apps to integrate, but that's not Zapier's fault, because it depends of the apps making their services available on Zapier. Some apps like Wrike sell their own automating app, so they don't offer many choices inside Zapier. Others like RD Station Marketing lack of possibilities in their own API, so it's not possible to do much too.

Reason for choosing Zapier

I have used IFTTT long time before, but when I found Zapier it looked so more complete. Since then I never used other tool.

Reviewed November 2022

Helps me integrate everything

We connect Shopify with other tools like Slack, google sheets, google forms, and other software that doesn't play nice with each other. It is a low cost low maintenance way to do this.

PROS

We are using this daily to connect various apps and automate simple things that shouldn't be done manually. The basic functionality is very easy to set up. We have paid a developer to help with some more complicated workflows.

CONS

We had to pay for the higher tier plan (professional plan) as otherwise the custom logic and apps like shopify don't work. Also the Zapier Transfer feature wants to charge for every piece of data, and doesn't actually work fully. Seems to still be in beta so we went through all the work to get it started then it wouldn't run. IMO the Transfer feature should charge a prorated smaller amount since it's one group data transfer.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Alloy has way less integrations, Make seems more complicated to set up.

Favio

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Great time-saver App for Admis managing multiple systems

In general, Zapier has helped me a lot to simplify many tedious and cumbersome processes I had to perform daily, making my day as easy as Zip and Zap so there you go.

PROS

Is so simple and easy to use, helps you to avoid complex API setup, even for non-tech staff, works extremely well on multiple integrated systems, the friendly interface makes it a breeze to set up and use in just one shot.

CONS

A few more options for different triggers and Zap customizations would be appreciated, some advertisement from Zapier is a bit misleading and clickbait, nothing wrong with it, since at the end is delivers most of what's promised, but, it would be nice to come clear from the beginning what you can do and get.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

Pricing and operability with my other systems

luca

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Zapier Workflow Review

The opportunities for combination and what is feasible are practically similar to supernatural occurrences.

PROS

Simple to use and offers us an extraordinary scope of combinations that are unimaginably dependable. Would prescribe to people trying to connect parts of their business.

CONS

Unfortunately its very limiting this is because of the other tools mainly. The trigger tools can be very limiting.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Other platforms were difficult and kind of annoying to use.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

Ease of use, makes us work smarter not harder.

Josh