Corner Bowl Server Manager Software Reviews

Corner Bowl Server Manager Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

• icon"Product easy to use and setup. It allows us to Monitor Event Logs."
  • icon"I love the endless customization's that are possible with Corner Bowl Server Manager. Essentially, if there is a will, there is a way with this product."
  • icon"Ease of setup and configuration is smooth. User interface is simple to navigate and adjust settings as needed."
  • icon"Can not increase syslog queue. Some log configurations are more difficult than it should be."
  • icon"No real faults but I struggle at times with configuring different options. This is mainly due to the fact that it could be months between setting up a new monitor."
  • icon"That is no fault of the software and the developer now posts how-to videos I believe so I should check those out."

Browse all Corner Bowl Server Manager Reviews

• Have you used Corner Bowl Server Manager and would like to share your experience with others?

Alan

Corner Bowl in a Small Company

With a very small IT department each member performs multiple tasks. Server Manager is great because it allows me to automate some things that I otherwise would have to manually check each day. The developer has always been very responsive to inquiries. I have used Server Manager for several years. At one point the software the was acquired by another company and I was delighted when ownership and development returned to Corner Bowl. This is a great product; definitely worth your time to try it out.

Pros

The breadth of features is great. I doubt I have scratched the surface of what can be done with Server Manager. The two main features I use are monitoring failed login attempts and monitoring Windows Service status. I use the service monitor to automatically start a service that has stopped for some reason. Server Manager will alert me to the stopped service and then also notify me when the service has been started again.

Cons

No real faults but I struggle at times with configuring different options. This is mainly due to the fact that it could be months between setting up a new monitor. By the time I think of another use for Server Manager it has been so long since I last configured something that it takes me a while to get a new monitor going. That is no fault of the software and the developer now posts how-to videos I believe so I should check those out.

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Thanks so much for the great review!

Industry: Defense & Space

Simple software with a good amount of features, great price and gets the job done

I have been using this for the past 8-10 years (I don't remember when I first started using it) and it has been a lifesaver for me and my customers. No budget, no infrastructure, no technical experience then no problem. I didn't even read instructions when I started using it, just clicking around and looking at what the product does with the built in templates got me going.

Pros

The product is as close to plug and play as you can get for a log management software. Some built-in filters get you started and making your own is pretty simple. This software is made for small businesses and small environments. I use it for collecting logs from a few systems and applications then spit out a report for me weekly. It assist me with meeting compliance requirements without the big cost and infrastructure to make it happen. I like how it can help with other features, such as processor utilization, disk drive space and setting up a near-real-time monitor for functions (account lockout, services stopped)

Cons

If you are looking for something comparable to Splunk or Alienvault OSSIM, this is not it. This software will help you grab logs, parse through it (based on what you want it to look for) and generate a simple report for you. If you need to parse through large amounts of data (6-12 months) and correlate them with each other, it will be a little more work for you and it will take a bit more time.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Ease of use, functionality needed, within the budget, ease of deployment and limited infrastructure needed.

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Thank you very much for the reiview!

Manny

Industry: Printing

November 2022

Great

Pros

I like the ease of setting up the event log consolidation, directory size monitor, and many more I think I have to explore with this product that will be helpful in monitoring our network devices. Honestly, I am learning a lot, not just the features of this product but as a whole this product helps me improved my IT knowledge and skills.

Cons

Nothing right now. I believe the product is being developed for more features and I am looking forward to see more in the future.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Inexpensive and perfectly fits to what we currently need.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review. Please let me know what other features you would like to see.

Replied November 2022

Radosław

May 2022

Everything is good with that software

I am working with that software from last 3 years and i dont have problem with that. Software were usefull for me.

Pros

The software meets my requirements. I like that architecture of that product. Its easu to use and configure. Esepcially last version with new UX/UI.

Cons

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thank you so much for the great review! Please let me know if there are any new features you would like to see.

Replied May 2022

Marc

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Great features for a reasonable price

We started using another tool many years ago, to collect eventlog information for SOX reporting. Although that system was supposed to have redundancy builtin, we experienced quite some downtime on several occasions so, we decided to install a second, different eventlog collection system for better redundancy and went for Cornerbowl server manager. It’s very stable and is quite low on system resources.

Pros

The rich feature set and the reporting are great at this price range. We use another product too that is much more expensive and has less features and with poor reporting.

Cons

The rich feature set is perhaps also its weakness as it makes it a bit difficult to find things from time to time.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

We had already used Cornerbowl log manager many years ago, with great success so, the choice was easy.

Reasons for switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Application stability, poor reporting since v.5 and high system resource usage, high yearly maintenance costs

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Thank for for the great review Marc. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to find things better.

Asaf

Reliable & Efficient

Excellent High Tier software. Does exactly what we need and more. Allows reliable log and SIEM monitoring for security and compliance with custom options including retention. Feature requests are taken into consideration most of the time. Support is outstanding.

Pros

Installation and setup was very fast. It's very reliable and runs smoothly on the server. Support team is super responsive, attentive and extremely professional. The first setup is easy with excellent guidance from the team over the phone and/or remote support. UI is very easy to navigate after a short period of time.

Cons

Missing custom range filtering by date for logs.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

The previous product we tried was too heavy on our system and consumed high cpu and memory.

Reasons for switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks so much for the great review. To view data in a custom range create a report then when configuring the report specify the custom date range to include in the report from the Date Range tab.

Replied November 2021

Server Manager Review

Amazing! Always picks up the phone when help is needed.

Pros

Server Manager is both a feature and budget friendly application based by a customer-focused support structure. I am able to add monitoring functionality in minutes -- not hours -- and you can literally have the product installed and working in less than 1 hour.

Cons

Based on the use case of the software for our organization I see no cons at this time.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Use of setup, use, and administration along with price

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Michael, thanks for the excellent review.

Ricardo

Smart choice for Log Management...

Pros

After having evaluated several choices, we decided to use corner bowl as our core log management solution, reports are easy to build and storage is easily managed through standard DB structures. Cost is a great advantage of the software

Cons

Report creation interfaces can be improved to simplify summarized results

Cost and simplicity

Reasons for switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

It was the most cost-benefit efficient solution

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Thank you for the review! If you don't mind reaching out to our support team with your report creation interface suggestions we would love to get more detail so we can resolve the issue for you.

Joseph

Industry: Textiles

October 2022

Easy Windows Device Log monitoring solution

So far, good, one issue so far, but this was solved within a day with support. And so far, what data I needed to gather, I have been able to gather with minimal difficulty.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and manage. It is template based, so once you have a good template set up, group your devices, and then mass deploy templates to all the devices. Updating works the same; change something on the template, and it's replicated to all devices. The software makes it easy to centralize logs. Not just Windows logs but text logs, Syslog, etc as well. You can then create custom columns based on regex's to create custom columns to finally create that alert you are looking for or the right report to hand out.

Cons

There is a learning curve. Documentation is good, support is good, and the beginning templates were really helpful, but there is a learning curve, and there definitely needs to be an investment of time if you are looking for unique data. But if you are looking for basic data ( disk space, CPU utilization, security log consolidation), that is available out of the box. Lots of buttons, with customizability, you need lots of buttons, but still, lots of buttons to push.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review!

Replied October 2022

Bassem

October 2022

Corner bowl review

Pros

It contains a lot of features and templates of logs , Also it Simple, Light, and Easy to use

Cons

I didn;t face any issue yet ,It works fine with me

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review Bassem!

Replied October 2022

William

The "ONLY" Monitoring Solution

CornerBowl allows us to leave our eyes on other issues, and it tells us when we need to look at problems. Overall, this is the "ONLY" monitoring solution you need. We have 3 instances doing very different work for us and love it.

Pros

This software had a little learning curve for me, but with the help of the development team, we were up and going in no time flat, easy to add in devices, and it just plain works. Never any production down incidents as we have had with others. The support is fantastic

Cons

Missing a couple of reporting features we would like, but overall, nothing to complain about and no problem children with Corner Bowl.

6 months ago

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

William, thank you for the great review! If you could please let us know which features are missing from the reports we would love to add them for you.

Markus

Great product

Easy to use. Doesnt need a fulltime technician to run it.

Pros

After ditching Microsofts scom because of its complexity. We were looking for a easy to use software with support for basic functions we wanted to monitor. Servermanager does tick all The boxes for us. Easy to use ready templates for all basic monitoring needs. Customizable for more advanced monitoring and logging.

Cons

The oldfashioned gui. The new tabs opening everytime you edit a setting is Hard to navigate.

Price. Functions.

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Markus, thank you for your review. I am curious how you would like to see settings changed without opening tabs. Would like like modal dialog boxes instead or is there something else you have in mind?

Tiziano

Industry: Chemicals

Corner Bowl Server Manager , to have !

The main purpose of this product was initially to collect and store all the events of our servers in one place. Over time we have also implemented various features such as dedicated alerts for some people interested in the activities of a particular server, as well as all the fundamental security checks in a vast and distributed network

Pros

Server Manager is really simple to use. In a short time I managed to deploy and start monitoring the first servers. I use the software every day and the alerts help me keep track, especially via email, of all the events that are critical on my network such as activities on AD, new machines on the network, RDP sessions etc

Cons

The product receives continuous updates and implementations from the parent company, the latest releases have greatly lightened the software itself to the benefit of the whole process. It is possible to really customize it thoroughly and I have not yet found something that I cannot monitor with this product.

Reasons for switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Server Manager offers a fully customizable solution at a very attractive cost

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Thanks for the great review!

Todd

July 2022

One Stop Shop

I have had this for years. I keep a tight ship, however there have been alerts that prompted me for further investigation, and and a result my server preventative maintenance has been above reproach.

Pros

This software allows me in one console to view and evaluate all my servers. My servers range from 20-30 servers. Microsoft Hyper-V hosts and their guest VM's. Having this many is time consuming going to each machine. I have my templates set to monitor what I need. This software even has a certificate expiration warning template. Which is great for me with On-Premise Exchange Servers.

Cons

There is so much that has been added, sometimes I get lost when trying to build a new report or trigger. But it is not terrible. I just found out there are tutorials that are listed on the website. I think the weakest link is me going to fast. Wizards I think are a thing of the past unfortunately.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Wow that's a great review. Thanks. Please let me know if there are any new features you would like to see added to the software.

Replied July 2022

Steve

Corner Bowl Server Manager

Very easy to use at a great price with good support. Weekly reports give us a good idea of what is going on with the machines in the system and it hits all of the auditors check boxes.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. Most products are overly complex and you don't use all/any of the features, but that is not the case with Corner Bowl. Price was also very good. Support response is excellent!

Cons

Tough to get WMI work with machines that are NAT'd, sometimes requiring a local administrator account for multiple machines can be difficult.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Price, ease of use, and support has all been great!

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Steve, thank you for the great review! Yes WMI can be very difficult and slow at times. The new Event Log Manager product includes an agent based solution that enables you to filter then push Windows Event Logs to the server using a proprietary binary protocol. The new software is able to push large Security Event Logs 12 times faster than with WMI.

Timothy

Easy, lets me know about problems before they get worse.

Anytime I have had to contact Cornerbowl they were prompt and able to assist.

Pros

I have used this software for many years . Basically, I get a consolidated report every morning with event log errors and warnings from all my servers. I filter out informational events and many of the "noise" events that are inconsequential. I get a separate report of login anomalies. Very helpful to keep a close eye on the pulse of the server environment.

Cons

Once you understand how to use the admin interface, it is easy to use, but it took a little effort to understand.

Reasons for choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Price is very hard to beat for the value this product provides.

Response from Corner Bowl Software Corporation

Timothy, Thanks for your great review!

Clinton