Browse Domotz PRO Reviews

Howard from Hughestech Ltd

Easy remote monitoring and access

Highly recommended! For £20 pm you will be hard pushed to find anything better. There are many other remote access products but I have found them to be fiddly or time consuming, not to mention costly. We are a startup so cost is obviously very important to us. Domotz provides exactly what we need, with a simple interface and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy interface, multiple installation options like Ubuntu, Synology and Docker to name a few. Easy setup which allows me to deploy within minutes. Recently deployed three agents to remote locations. The VPN feature allows us to keep full control. A nice touch - the VPN can be configured to access via custom ports. I have a single box solution for a remote customer that is running a Type 1 Hypervisor and multiple VM's and Containers within. I can access everything via the VPN without any human involvement, which given the locations, is a must. I also use the Android app for alarms (I can also access remote devices through the VPN from my phone) and this works well. remember to disable battery control on your Android, otherwise alarms can be delayed. If using SNMP PoE devices, you can power cycle the port on the switch via the web interface or app. It also has great recognition of well known devices and will group them if required. For example, our office has several Samsung Smart TV's as well as Ubiquity network equipment. They have each been grouped which allows for quick access.

Cons

None that hinder my requirements. The map (when using SNMP devices) is quick to populate however, you are unable to modify it's layout or add colour. This would be a nice touch. But this does not discourage my use of the product.

Joshua from Broad Spectrum Services, LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Great tool that really helps solve network issues

I fix networks and keep them fixed for a living. Having a simple tool that can reach out an touch every device, on every vlan and tell you what it is makes you an invaluable asset to any organization.

Pros

Domotz automatically identifies many devices automatically so you don't have to guess what something is. In addition the tool is so easy to use it takes very little time to become proficient. I had not successfully worked with an API integration before and through the webinars and support I built my own custom dashboard and learned some new skills in the process.

Cons

none really. I try to break it daily and have not succeeded yet.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

You can't beat the price, functionality, security and support.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

difficulty manipulating the dashboards and identification of client devices and alerting

Filippo from Informatica 80 CCS S.r.l.

Big surprise!!!

This plaform help us to monitor some customer networks to proactive solve issue. Very helpfully!

Pros

We leave from another platform because the cost was most expensive. During a Synology DSM 7 Beta test, we found this cloud network platform and we try to use it. The features is not the same like the platform abandoned, but the features is constantly a work in progress. The support is very professional and a very smart team. The plus, is that the idea and development is an Italian team, and for an italian citizen is a very proud plus!

Cons

The only things I don't like is the subnet scan that is a /22 scanning. But, the support team is on piece to help you to improve it.

Costs

Dan from Private User

A very good way to keep track of your networks.

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose was to get a good program that could spot new devices popping up in the network to spot strange behavior BUT also to keep track of the status of all my existing "good" devices and see if important ones goes offline. I have tried to find other similar products on the market but have not found one that is as good as Domotz.

Pros

Very quickly spots new devices in the network and also keeps track of what port in the switch it comes through. And also keeps a good view of all the devices and tracks status. Also the software is developed and new smart features and is added on a regular basis.

Cons

So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK in my opinion. The only thing that I do not like is that they have removed the "Lite" version so private persons like myself could afford to use this powerful software. (I have been running the "Legacy Lite plan" at an affordable level for a private user but you could not order that any more) However, apart from that and for businesses I still would recommend this as it is a good software for sure.

Stacus from Solbuild Pty (Ltd)

Industry: Computer Hardware

Proactive Monitoring

Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Pros

Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations. Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Cons

We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Attractive Pricing Model Easy to Use. Easy to setup Offers a comprehensive set of features Great User interface that is not cluttered with many of modules found in most RMM tools

Great Software

I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Pros

While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Cons

Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Simple pricing structure - had the features we were primarily looking for

Matthieu from FCo

Industry: Furniture

Great for SMB

I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm. All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system. All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Pros

Very simple Scalable, even for not so small businesses Great and quick support

Cons

Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Simplicity. And allow me (CEO) to keep in touch with IT without the interface of IT Guys ;-)

David from Dark Horse IT LLC

Domotz

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on. 3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Cons

1. In application support links would be beneficial 2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day 3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Domotz provides the most benefits for the money.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

The pricing of Domotz was better suited for what we are using it for.

Niclas from plaxon GmbH

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Pros

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Cons

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Agent deployment on small Linux devices, NAS system, or with the domotz box.

Clayton P. from Watchtower Security, Inc

Industry: Security and Investigations

"Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making"

Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant. Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily. While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Pros

Easy Deployment/Setup Intelligent Design/UI/UX Detailed Insights Easy to Manage Global view of issues Network Topology - the greatest thing ever Amazing support team

Cons

If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

infinitely better features and integrations

Shane from LANMARK

Domotz is part of the team now!

This has allowed us to deliver a more proactive service to our customers as well as expand our service offering to things that require more visibility to the network. Overall this has been a great choice and I expect we will continue to expand the use of Domotz.

Pros

The architecture and licensing are simple – one device per site is all you have to worry about. There are many ways to host the agent, but the Domotz Box is a fantastic way to keep things simple – plug and play. It integrates with our PSA, alerting and documentation platforms, which is fantastic. The ability to see what is on a client’s network, whether we manage it or not, is very helpful. Also being able to access those devices without remote access to a PC on site makes life so much easier. It’s a well thought out and effective solution. Most importantly, the support experience has been fantastic. Although I haven’t needed too much in that regard, the few times I have contacted support resulted in very prompt response and resolution. That’s priceless.

Cons

Getting the hardware (Domotz Box) has been a been challenging, but that’s a distribution problem in Canada – I’m sure it’s no problem in the US. Thankfully there are other ways to host the agent. Things are not entirely intuitive at first, but like many things, once you figure out how it’s put together, it makes sense. Some of the integrations are paid, so those costs do add up.

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

Pros

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

Cons

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

A much simpler and affordable pricing model. It offers a complete set of features required to remotely manage the networks of my clients.

Dan from Cadillac Mountain PC and Repair

An invaluable service for small business

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Pros

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Cons

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

This was back in the day when one could install a Fing scanner script on a Linux computer. It did its job well but Domotz just offers more features and fits my needs far better.

Response from Domotz

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that. With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum: https://community.domotz.com/topic/1034-tcp-tunnel-vnc-client-to-connect-to-vnc-servers/

jonathan from Finlay Park Adventure Camp

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Pros

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Cons

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

We were looking for a SMB monitoring solution and this fit the bill

Scott from Realm

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Pros

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Cons

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

Easier setup and configuration

Miguel from Terminal Session Benelux bvba

The right tool for right job

Easely support and access to customers devices onsite

Pros

Easy to deploy and understand, affordable for SMB

Cons

If you there is no possibility to install an agent, you need to purchase the Domotz box which is was only available through Amazon in Italy. Also the price has double on this device in the last 6 month.

easy and priced for SMB

Response from Domotz

Replied May 2021

Hi Miguel, Thanks so much for your review and for being a valued Domotz user. We just wanted to comment on the box pricing. We believe that what happened here is an unauthorized reseller was selling the box at a higher price on Amazon. Our listing was temporarily unavailable due to Brexit in certain European markets and thus unauthorized resellers may have been price gorging during this time. We are sorry about this. We only sell the box at 99 EUR and have never increased the pricing. We are sorry for this experience you faced. You can always visit https://www.domotz.com/domotz-box.php for the information on purchasing the box and pricing or by reaching out to us on support@domotz.com for more information. Thanks a lot for your review and we hope to see you soon on Domotz. The Domotz Team

Mike from Epting Enterprises

Must have MSP Tool

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Pros

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Cons

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

Cost

Nick from Epic Integration

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations. We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Pros

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found. Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before. Growing list of integration partners. Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Cons

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

As a whole it is a far better package. The support is excellent and the product is very reliable and offers us the equivalent of a support engineer on every site, 24/7.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

Domotz had a far better interface and ultimately we then installed Domotz on our Krika devices.

John from Production Lift Companies

Industry: Oil & Energy

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Pros

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Cons

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Nick from Integrated Systems Systems Installations Ltd

Industry: Consumer Electronics

DomotzPro

Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls.... We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

Pros

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them! If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement . It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

Cons

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

Cost, Ease of Implementation, Ease of Use, Quality of Support.

Tim from Teletechnics

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Pros

It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Cons

It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Plug and play, instalable hardware box.

Shawn from International Digital Systems, Inc

The best monitoring tool ever.

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Pros

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Cons

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

I loved Domotz Box design. I loved its flexibility in customization. On top of many positive aspects, Domotz support team is very professional, prompt, and supportive. I was more than satisfied with support team.

William from CFCC

Works great for our Use

Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Pros

The ability to remote into any system on our network Alerts when there are issues Ability to run in a VM

Cons

Can only scan a /24 network Monthly Fee :)

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Best features for the price

Response from Domotz

Replied May 2020

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform! Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. (support@domotz.com) Thanks again!

Greg from PHAND Corporation

Domotz - Is good!

Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts. It has changed the way we offer customer service.

Pros

I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing. They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

Cons

The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Domotz had a webapp at the time, Ihiji did not. Domotz also had a more open platform for scans. Also their roadmap seemed much more on course for where the high end AV industry is going.

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Pros

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Samuel from Roma Terminal Container S.p.A.

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Pros

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians, keeps track of all the company network products in order. It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures, the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time! Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Cons

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Wayne from IT Services

Fantastic for small MSP

The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users. The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it. Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic. I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly. All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Pros

Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature. Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Cons

The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support. But each release seems to get better and better.

Christopher from Bandera Crossings RV Park

Domotz for remote administration

Fast, easy, and stable

Pros

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

Cons

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

Costs, ease of use, and reliability.

Darren from pckwikfix limited

Great Network Monitoring/Mapping software for MSPs and IT professionals

Allowing us as a growing MSP to focus on our customers and allow Domotz to look after and monitor the network. Really good to have a client side alert as well that allows them to look at alerts if required. Had most of the features we were looking for when refreshing our RMM portfolio, including sync and simplification of the data between other tools

Pros

Great, simple to use features allowing us to quickly setup our core network monitoring for new clients. Integration with our other MSP tools such as Autotask, Hudu and Unifi/Ubiquiti Network mapping - a part of a product we have been looking for but without the cost of others that we have previously used

Cons

More costly integration (per agent) for Autotask than we would like

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

Cost and simplification of interface

David from campus42 international llc

How could we ever live without the Domotz-Solution?

With the Domtoz-Box I monitor all endpoints via one interface over all locations. I always know which devices need attention. So I also can support ALL devices via the portal. From PCs to our surveillance cameras and servers. The most important feature is the push notification to my smartphone. This is more than perfect.

Pros

I was sceptical because I could not imagine what the Domotz box could do for us. After the first test, I immediately signed up for the Premium Subscription and gained a whole new freedom. The features are enormous. I save so much time.

Cons

I haven't even tested all the possibilities. How can I already miss something?

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Price, support and ease of use. Especially the automatic inventory and creation of the network topology is worth it.

The perfect monitoring agent

Pros

Domotz does what it says on the box and is extremely robust and reliable. Perhaps the most important thing is that their support is second to none and is prompt, easy to understand and solves the problem every time without fail.

Cons

The only con is that sometimes it is hart to find things again after revisions, but, as an evolving piece of technology the new features usually outweigh this

Jayce from F.F.Tir

Great and simple

I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Pros

The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Cons

It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one. Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

April 2016

Lello from Domodo Automation Ltd

April 2016

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it! Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone. I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations). When any of my customer's important devices go offline, I'm notified in real time and I can remotely solve the problem (in 99% of cases rebooting the device solves the problem which I can also do from the Domotz app!). I can do all troubleshooting for my customers, right from my iPhone! Before using Domotz, to do the same troubleshooting operations it was cumbersome and time consuming. I had to start my PC (I don't always carry my PC with me), connect to the internet, remember the credentials to access the customer's devices via DynDNS or via VPN (both of these services require a long time to setup), remember what PDU and port that device is connected to, or access to file with that customer network topology, then access to the PDU and cycle that port. That was extremely difficult to be done out of my office, now I can do in few clicks from my iPhone! Thanks to the live monitoring activity and customized alerts, I can immediately take action on any device problems my customers may have, including the ones that they have not discovered yet. Domotz is the software of choice for integrators. They offer a significant free trial of 90 days, which makes the software well worth giving a try! Overall, I highly recommend Domotz for monitoring and remote support.

Rodolfo from Quality House

Excelent Network Management tool

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

Remigiusz from The Black Corporation

Industry: Executive Office

Best value for money with stellar support!

We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

Pros

The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

Cons

This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!

Wesley from Portugaels ICT

Easy to use, widespread fuctions and A+++ service

I have been using Domotz for years now, on the rare ocasions that I needed support they were fast to respond and able to resolve my issue.

Pros

Once it's setup, it's easy to use and required no maintenance. Whenever you need to change something and do require support, they react fast and won't stop to assist you untill your issue is resolved.

Cons

No cons or issues really, everything is working as desired.

Paul from Individual & Family Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent monitoring software

It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

Pros

I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Cons

Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

Christopher from Hospital & Health Care

A year in, and this is still my favorite SOHO monitoring solution!

Overall, I wanted to know what was on my network, and know if any devices fell off the network or joined without permission.

Pros

Being able to track every IP address on my network was the most useful feature to me. As well as immediate detection as when a new or existing IP address joins the network.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes time for an IP address to "register" with Domotz Pro. I don't know what the delay is--possibly devices that don't send much data? But it can be a minor frustration with 5% of devices that don't show up.

Jörgen from AudioVision AB

Network Assistent

Very great experience, Ive decided to use this on all my network install

Pros

The quick setup and the way the agent scan the entire network and gives me information about where all units are connected and also what type og things that are on the clients net.

Cons

Sometimes the agent can't detect all products, that leads to manual work of detecting the items.

Jeffrey from Aviation

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Home and Remote User

GREAT software to let me know when something is down.

Pros

Easy to use and setup for a NON Professional. I'm NOT a Big Company just a single Synology user that has Units out of state.

Cons

NONE for myself, does WAY more than I use it for.

Adnan from Wateen

Bomotz as a home user

I loved it. It’s a wonderful and well thought of product for home and enterprise use.

Pros

Best part of this solution is the mobile app and realtime notifications.

Cons

Solution must also have the capability to analyze traffic (network flows) and report trends and anomalies. Licensing should be based on the deployment scale instead of features.

Reasons for Choosing Domotz PRO

Ease of deployment and stability of the product.

Chad from Titanium

Excellent management tool

Experience has been stellar and we highly recommend and use Domotz in our client environments as well as our own.

Pros

This product is super easy to set up and use. Domotz saved us a ton of time and money. Plug and Play environment is always the best option for MSP's

Cons

The network topology cannot be printed or downloaded into a file that is readable or shareable. 100 devices on a network and its very hard to see the full picture.

Mel from Mel B Digital

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Cons

The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

Nick from Link Your House

Best Remote Management Software Tool

Need to have some better training sessions and phone technical support when needed.

Pros

This software is easy to use and provide useful information about ones network. I like the ability to test speeds remotely and see all devises on the network

Cons

might be a little costly and need a yearly option vs monthly example: 1-10 Agents costs x yearly---10-30 Agents costs y---30-50 cost z etc...

Tim from Jensen Jewelers of Idaho

Great for solo IT Admin

I'm solo IT for a company with more than 10 retail storefronts. Domotz allows me to stay on top of emerging issues. Often I know of a problem before our folks in the stores do.

Pros

It's simple to deploy and maintain. The ability to open ports on the fly is amazing and gets used regularly.

Cons

Premium plan looks nifty, but a bit pricy for what it offers. More than 3x the price of advanced.

Yuri from iLand

Industry: Computer Hardware

Perfect tool to take control over the network

Pros

I do not have to be classic system administrator to start using Domotz. Clear interface, web and iOS app lets me know what happens in my network. Agent on Raspberry Pi works just perfect

Cons

did not found yet, for my company need works well

Brannon from Legrand

Simple Installation, Automatic Device Discovery & Amazing Device Identification

Pros

Simple and easy to install you can be up and running in minutes. Maybe my favorite feature is how it discovers all the devices on the network and does an amazing job of identifying them. Also the remote device connection feature is worth its weight in gold. It's an invaluable tool for our customers to manage their networks.

Cons

A couple of really cool features are a little difficult to find. Explore the software and you'll find some great nuggets.

Alexandre from SAP

Great Product and Service with a super responsive customer support

Pros

- easy to setup on various platform - great user interface and easy to use - technical support very responsive and able to solve issue or request in a couple of hours

Cons

Really? Nothing! It provides a rich feature set.

Durgesh from Information Technology

Industry: Computer Networking

Wow - This is a game changer.

Really happy with our move, we switched from other platform, and from the first site coming online, it was a night and day experience.

Pros

Domotz, is extremely well thought out, you can really tell they have designed it for the industry, and listened to the needs of the professionals. It's a very polished platform, that works very reliably and effortlessly. The customer service is awesome, no question is not too small, speed of response and personal approach is second to none.

Cons

Would ideally like it to cost less, but that's with most things in life.

Reasons for Switching to Domotz PRO

The mis-reporting, slow setup, and clunky web interface and app. Lack of good customer service.

Bruno from BS AgroAmbiental

Industry: Environmental Services

Peace of mind

Domotz provides peace of mind, granting that the status of your network services is always known and problems can be solved with great agility as they happen.

Pros

Domotz is very user friendly, have amazing support and lots of features for a small price tag.

Cons

Installation can be a little troublesome, but support does an amazing job solving any problems you may have.