(1,652)

1,652

Browse Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Reviews

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Pros

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Cons

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes' reputation is very good and reviews by other users were mostly sterling. It is a streamlined product and doesn't bother users with marketing spam.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

AVG turned out to be very clunky. A resource hog.

Darian from Unique Insurance Company

Review of Malwarebytes

We needed a new antivirus after our old one was letting us down and decided to purchase 2 antivirus licenses, Malwarebytes being one of those two. It has performed fantastically.

Pros

Many of us in the department were already familiar with malwarebytes through our personal use. We decided on a company-wide rollout since our personal experience with the defense was top-tier.

Cons

When at a user's computer, we are unable to view logs while at that computer and instead have to go login to the UI at the IT desk to view those logs which is inconvenient. Otherwise it works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

We chose malwarebytes because it ran with low CPU on the employee machine during scans which allowed them to work without slowdowns. Other software we tested would sometimes freeze machines because there were so many processes going on.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Kaspersky was unable to find viruses on computers we tested that Malwarebytes could. Our kaspersky setup was not finding anything while other programs were able to find much more, so we switched.

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Pros

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Cons

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Adrian from DKMA

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Probably the best malware virus protection software

I have been truly delighted with this software which doesnt have the annoying features of Norton. Its well worth the price of the annual subscription and is a install and forget and it sits there doing its thing.

Pros

Ease of installation, reasonable pricing and real time monitoring of all web activities and PUP alerts

Cons

Nothing. Its affordable, a snap to install and upgrade and generates valid alerts rather than cryptic error messages.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Norton was a finicky piece of software which had little ability in real time and was notorious for throwing spurious alerts and errors.

Josh from JnM Web Creations

Use the Free version and it has tons of features

Great malware software that does take tons of resources or slow down my computer.

Pros

This product is great for being able to find and delete any malware that might be on your computer. It has passive mode and that is awesome. It has found and fixed some nasty stuff. The free version does so much it is great!

Cons

The pain in the butt on these is if you are mining cryptocurrency they will see it as harmful and then you have to allow it all and it is a bit of a pain though it is doing it's job.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Mcafee is so bloated and slows down the compute.

Aaron from Schroeder-Manatee Ranch, Inc.

Big Fan Of Malwarebytes

I am very happy being a Malwarebytes customer and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros

We have been using one version of Malwarebytes or another for years and have been satisfied with how it keeps our endpoints safe. The latest version is cloud-based so clients can get updates even if they aren't plugged into our network. The management portal is easy to use.

Cons

I wish the updates to the endpoint software were more automatic and didn't always require reboots.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

More features / better price / less resource intensive on the clients.

Amanda from Barnes Home & Outdoor

Rescued

Pros

My most favorite feature of this software was the easy to use integration to our system.

Cons

If I had to choose a feature that I like the least would be the scan time.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I had used other software before and chose Malwarebytes because there were things I didn't like about their software.

Muhammad from Lubuk Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Malware hunter

Malwarebytes helps protect my work computer from incoming viruses and malware. I have so many important document and files on my computer that will cripple my organization if they are infected with viruses. Having Malwarebytes protecting my computer really easy my mind.

Pros

Malwarebytes help me to terminate all the virus and malware that i accidently download and run on my computer. The process to scanning my entire document and files is super fast and the detection rate is really high. I feel more safe browsing the internet with Malwarebytes installed in my computer.

Cons

Sometimes it detecting a non-malware files as a malware, and i have to manually check all the files that are flagged and clear it.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Too slow in scanning my files and using too many RAM resources.

Clint from Story County

Does it's job well

I use Malwarebytes every single time a pc is running slow, whether it be at my job or a side job. It works well at removing Malware, even the free version.

Pros

It removes malware really well, and the scans really don't take overly long. I also like that it blocks stuff while browsing the web, to keep your computer from getting infected in the first place.

Cons

I wish there was an option to purchase Malwarebytes and have it for life. Instead of having to renew every few years. It is a nice program to have on your pc for when issues arise.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Just seems to be quicker and more efficient than other software.

Sabrina from Concentrix

Absolutely love this

I overall love and will continue to use this program, its free, inexpensive and picks up on everything. It does everything I want it too and has everything I look for in an anti malware program.

Pros

I genuinely LOVE this anti-malware program. It picks up on literally everything it's amazing, I have compared it to other programs that have missed virus' malware and potential threats, while this picked it up seconds into the scan. It's also completely free, you can pay for the premium version but personally I don't find I need it. Highly recommend.

Cons

No complaints at all I love it, no issues so far works wonders.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Norton missed virus' and malware that MalwareBytes picked up in seconds

GERALD from Gerald Wexler Productions Inc.

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Because it never seems to find and quarantine Malware I honestly don't know if it's doing its job or how effective it is.

Pros

Product is fairly easy to use unless you have a problem. I generally let it run in background and do it's thing.

Cons

I really doubt Malwarebytes' effectiveness in finding malware. In the past two years it has not found one piece of malware, though there definitely has been malware in my system. For instance my Google Search default search engine regularly gets hijacked by Yahoo Search. I have to manually go into Google settings, delete Yahoo, and put Google back as my default. And within a months or two the same thing happens and Yahoo again hijacks my system. Clearly there is malware in my system, the kind of thing that Malwarebytes advertises itself as catching. But it never does. I contacted customer support twice about this infuriating issue and never received a reply. I find Malwarebytes advertising confusing and possibly deceptive. The company states it finds viruses and other forms of malware, but many reputable tech sites say definitively that Malwarebytes is not a virus checker and one should use a separate virus checker. I use Windows Defender. However Malwarebytes makes you jump through a bit of a hoop to enable a separate virus checker. I find Premium quite expensive, about 70.00 Canadian per year. Fortunately I was grandfathered in on the original premium for life. Otherwise I would drop it. Many virus programs do this but Malwarebytes has conflicted with other programs. It can drive you a bit batty trying to find the conflict.

Cindy from R&C Computer Repair Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

Good and Easy Malware Protection

Malwarebytes has kept my computers running smoothly as long as a second antivirus program is used with it. As a first line of protection, I recommend it to all my customers to avoid infections that can easily be removed before more serious damage occurs. I also run it on all my customers computers to find hidden files, malicious links, malware, rootkits,etc. It is a very lightweight program which will not weigh down or slow down your operating system and is compatible with most operating system. Chromebooks that allow installation from Google Play Store may also install it.

Pros

Easy to install on both android and pc/laptop, little to no effort is needed to use this software to scan for viruses and malware, and does not slow down your operating system. By using the auto features such as real time protection and auto start-up which are available on their premium services, you never have to worry about manually opening up the application and run it. Updates are also automatic and there are no conflicts while running other antivirus programs

Cons

Free version to try out this software will find malware and remove it but is not running in the background. You must manually run it and delete any found. Ads for upgrading are constant and annoying. Premium version also will constantly remind you that your expiration date is approaching and to renew. This is very distracting and needs to be removed. A reminder email is sufficient or a pop up once a day is also appropriate but not constantly. Tech support/support team is not the easiest to reach. The chat support seems to never having anyone available to chat with. Redirection to their forum is common instead . This forum may answer your question but is not the same as receiving live help.

Petr from OKAY s.r.o. - Jena nábytek

Industry: Wholesale

Fast malware antivirus

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Pros

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is. The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control. Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Cons

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

product price

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Avast has failed to remove some types of malware.

Victor from Quimica Júnior

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool. Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market. For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection. Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet. It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

Pros

1 - Friendly interface. 2 - Extremely easy to use. 3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones. 4 - Free version with several features. 5 - Different tools for different types of threats. 6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life. 7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Cons

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Faster detection, cheaper plans, more efficient and with a much more friendly interface.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

In comparison with Malwarebytes, the program had many flaws and was totally lacking, with the new antivirus (Malwarebytes), I feel totally protected.

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Pros

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Cons

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

The dependability of malware bytes.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Because Norton slowed down my machines. Too many popups and they made it much to complex in the settings. Why waste my time going through multiple steps when not needed. Plus breaches were constant. Not to mention the billing fiasco

Kristina from Pay It Forward Asset Recovery

Malwarebytes is dependable

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Pros

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Cons

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I can use it in conjunction with my current antivirus program, to enhance security. It was easy to use and dependable.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes was much better and easier to use.

Justin from Kalamazoo Metal Detecting

Say goodbye to malicious computer threats with Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes has provided me with a great, easy way to keep my computer running smoothly and quickly. I highly recommend the product.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Malwarebytes is that it is very simple and safe to use, from the new user to the seasoned programmer, Malwarebytes is the go-to tool for you.

Cons

What I find least appealing is the fact that the app is not always submitted to the same standards as other anti malware applications when it comes to handling "zero day" applications. This, however, should not dissuade anyone from using this great product.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes has never failed to fix any problem that I may encounter, so switching was never a real consideration.

Julianna from J.Marie Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Meets My Needs!

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Cons

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes had a free version that was able to show what the full version could do for my computer system. It was user friendly, easily controlled, and much less intrusive than McAfee.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

McAfee became very expensive and also cluttered up too much of my system memory. It also slowed down my computer. I also found that McAfee was very intrusive and constantly bombarded my system with useless notifications.

Malwarebytes

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I switched from Norton because it was to resource-intensive on a computer and was much more expensive.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Malware Bytes - Review

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Pros

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored by your clock on your main toolbar (if you so choose). From there you can access a whole list of features ranging from the initial dashboard with web, exploit, malware, and ransom ware protection - which you would expect. Where the program goes above and beyond is in your ability to drill down into individual programs to specify how the files will be handled, the scheduling functionality, memory behavior, java and program behavior features. This truly is an all encompassing tool that is pretty essential for protection.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

bradley from Roseville Lutheran Church

Industry: Broadcast Media

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Pros

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Cons

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I chose it because a friend recommended it to me

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I made the switch because avast just was not performing as well. avast does virus protection great but the malware was still sneaking by

Christopher from Simpson Dental Associates

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Pros

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Cons

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

The other products, especially Norton are super clunky and way more expensive. For me, Malwarebytes was also the most effective, valuable, and simple to use.

Amy from University of Wisconsin-Madison

A reliable free or low-cost security option

Malwarebytes makes me more confident as a general computer user, but also as someone whose job is primarily based online. There's a lot of data exchanged between my computer and Malwarebytes takes away the worry of my computer being made more vulnerable to external threats.

Pros

My favorite part about Malwarebytes is that it offers a free version and paid because the free allows me to test out the product. I also love this software because it does not come with all the annoying pop up notifications or emails. It's simple to navigate when doing scans and identifying malware. Some malware software is tedious or limited in its scope.

Cons

I wish Malwarebytes was more compatible with my mac. At times, my computer freezes during scans or takes an extremely long time to load pages and applications when performing scans. Malwarebytes seems to take up a lot of memory.

Matthew from TheSlipyShow

Great product

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Pros

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Cons

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I got lifetime key up to 3 computers and was told by others it's best for a gaming computer.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Avast is slow when running on your computer and it still finds problems every scan.

Brian from PeachMorph

Industry: Graphic Design

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Pros

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected. The speed at which MB scans is quick enough without having to leave it run in the background. And that's to me is efficient and fast! In addition, it is able to block websites during my online surfing to warn me of potential sites that potentially contain malware or ransomware. You can buy a licence and add up to 10 devices, including Windows and Mac. One can also purchase separately MB licenses for Android and iOS via Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively. Indeed, this software is a great time saver!

Cons

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually set exclusions in the software settings to prevent MB from "accidentally" blocking certain sites. Even some software such as ServerPress can get "interfered" from working properly. I certainly did not suspect that until I start to troubleshoot further. Not to mention that MB can be costly to maintain on a yearly subscription basis after having enjoyed the initial discount on the 1st time purchase.

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Pros

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Cons

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.

Lindsay from Visual Impressions

Unintrusive powerful software to secure your computer

Always up to date to remove the latest intrusions. Honor their lifetime update policy. Easy to use and very reliable. No overheads with performance issues when installed. A must product in all computers.

Pros

I bought the full version of Malwarebytes years ago and It has protected me in every way. As a computer consultant to many small companies and individuals, I install Malwarebytes in every computer I work on. The free version does everything except give you real time protection. When somone calls about ransomware or other threatening intrusions, I simply say start Malwarebytes, let it update and scan. That's it the problem is gone.

Cons

I bought mine when one small payment gave me a lifetime update version. It is still recognized years later. The one apsect that disappointing is their change over to a yearly subscription but then business is business. For critical users, I get them to subscibe.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Reliable, easy to use, does not affect performance, always up to date.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

AVG decided to do too much and slowed down every computer it was installed in.

Malware Bytes Review

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Pros

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Cons

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

reliability and reputation

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

The reputation and reliablity of malwarebytes amongst other users in the pc community as well as using it myself in my personal computer systems.

Greg from GEFNET

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Pros

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Cons

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Because MWB is superior product they have the team and research to support their claims and their success speaks for itself.

mike from BC Systems

Industry: Military

Increasing Cybersecurity Defenses

Malwarebytes performs exactly as I expected. There was a minimal learning curve and the software updates automatically on regular basis. The layout of the dashboard makes it easy to interpret scan findings. I would recommend this platform to anyone who is looking to secure their computer.

Pros

Malwarebytes was extremely easy to download and install which is a major consideration for any IT Administrator. There is not much to configure, but the settings were intuitive and each workstation took only a few minutes to complete.

Cons

In the rare case where malware is found, but is unable to be removed, it would be nice to get some direction on additional alternatives. The scan displays the name and location of the file. A description link would be helpful. The way it works now I have to go to a search engine and figure that out myself.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I have used Malwarebytes before and found it to be a solid tool in defending against all forms of attacks. The software has a good reputation in the industry. The learning curve was negligible which was a factor in this decision.

Mark from Sokos

The one and only malware scan you must use right now

Use on most managed machines.

Pros

It really is the most simple product to use on the market and running a Malwarebytes scan will bring everything to the table where a Norton or similar scan wouldn't be able to find anything near.

Cons

Not too much I can really think of, if put on machine as trial the popup can be rather annoying to pay to upgrade but that really is needed for them to be compensated for the product.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Performance and quality much better with Malwarebytes.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Product that much better you much make the switch yourself.

great for android, average for pc

I used Malwarebytes for personal use on android and pc. it was an experience of mixed feelings. While it was perfect for android, it was average for on my Pc. Overall, it is very effective for fighting malicious files and malware infected systems on both platforms.

Pros

My first encounter with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was around July 2018 when my Android phone was taken over by a series of malicious malware that turned my phone into an advert box of all sorts. A friend told me he had a similar issue in the past and was rescued by Malwarebytes. I decided to try it out. Luckily, they had the premium version available for a free one-month trial at the time. I quickly downloaded, registered and did a scan. It was super effective and easy to navigate. In less than 5 minutes, my phone was cleaned. I was very Impressed and decided to try out the pc version of the software. And frankly, the functionality and effectiveness of the pc version were quite different from the Android version. It was smooth and fluid on my android but I cannot exactly say the same for the Pc version. The online and real-time scanner notified me of unsafe websites I visited which was good. Malwarebytes was designed to make you feel secure and protected from some malicious files or sites. The interface was clean and simple It performs as advertised. It detects malware and can cleans infected devices. The paid version can be trusted to protect your pc but at the cost of pc speed during scans. It was designed to fight malware, it is effective in doing that and should stick to it.

Cons

Malwarebytes software made my pc to lag sometimes at startup. I felt some functionalities like the Asset policies management to deploy and monitor endpoints were complex and unneeded for personal users. It was complicated for me at least. I would not recommend it as a standalone antivirus program due to the limitation of it virus scan toolkit. I still got infected with a Trojan while using the free version. The pricing can be made more competitive given that it cannot be trusted as a standalone anti-virus. It should incorporate real-time protection against threats in the free version.

Darryl from Broadband Express/Kanaan Communications

Best bang for the buck

I've been using the software for only a few months. But since I've gotten, I've made a pitch to our organization to get rid of everything else and start using this on a more permanent basis.

Pros

The software is not as invasive like some of the others. You can continue to work while it runs in the background using minimal resources. This is a very good thing so your work process or what ever it is your working on isn't slowed down or completely freezes up. You can schedule a scan or manually activate it you think there may be a virus in your computer. These guys got it right. From scanning to removal its a very fast software and keeps you working at top levels.

Cons

I really couldn't find a con. Even when I thought there would be one when it comes to updating, nope. It automatically updates whenever its activated.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I did some personal research on behalf of my organization to see if we would get the same/better results at a much cheaper price. So far its working out very well.

Eoin from Self

Great tool in a multi-tiered approach to desktop security

Our small business and family has been using Malwarebytes premium since 2015. If you look at the cost vs the potential "work" hours lost or potential for "ransomeware" attack. We use Malwarebytes as part of a 4 tiered approach: 1. Data backup to multiple locations. 2. Strong AV software, 3 Strong Antimalware software, 4. Regular desktop/laptop Hard disc imaging. I highly recommend some level of protection and Malwarebytes check all my boxes. As the "Help Desk" for my family, I have purchased licenses to protect them as well.

Pros

Very easy to install and setup. System runs in the background, does backup scans and on-demand scans of downloads. Has strong anti-ransomeware capabilities. Created by a company with decades in the industry. Group licenses make the software more affordable.

Cons

When there are sites we want to "white list", you can't do it from the warning popup, but instead go into the program and search for the whitelist settings. I'd love to see a "Whitelist for 10 minutes option". We tend to get "false positives" on sites with expired SSL certs.

Too expensive/resource hog

Ron from Washington University

What's better than no infections?

Pros

Malwarebytes is simply a no-brainer when it comes to desktop protection. Not only do I run this on my work machines, I have it protection my home computers as well. It's as simple as the classic infomercial says. "Set it and forget it!" Once it's installed, other than making sure to upgrade to new versions, Malwarebytes works. But, how do you really know you're not just flushing money down the toilet? Simple! You don't get infected with malware, trojans or ransomware. Yes, ransomware! Malwarebytes even protects you against ransomware. It's also reassuring to look at the reports on just how many things are blocked in terms of websites or the nefarious ads on a web page. You can see that it's actively protecting you with minimal overhead in terms of resource utilization (processor, memory, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints other than one update that was bugged and quickly fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Previous experience; cost; features offered

John from ISP COMPUTER SERVICES

My secret weapon....

My overall experience with Malwarebytes has been most excellent. I have constantly recommended it to family, friends and customers over the years.

Pros

I had a small computer business for about 5 years. I had customers constantly bringing me laptops and desktops that were full of malware and viruses. Sometimes it was almost impossible to navigate because there was so much malware controlling the operating system and the browsers. I would always find a way to install Malwarebytes on my customer's computer and update the definitions (when possible). Then I would run this outstanding software and let it do what it does best.....quickly and easily find and remove even the toughest and nastiest malware, no matter how deeply it was embedded. When Malwarebytes was done scanning, it would show all the instances of malware and red. I would simply select all malware and press remove! Done!! I would reboot the system and I was then able to freely navigate and inspect the computer for any more potentially hazardous software or security breaches. Malwarebytes was my go-to software for removing malicious malware and viruses from my customers computers. They thought I was a genius!! By the time I was done, their computers were running pristine once again. I have not been in the computer business for several years now, but whenever a friend or family member has "issues" with your notebooks, you can guess what I install first thing. Malwarebytes rocks!! Also, the premium version is fairly priced for what this software does for you. -John Lawrence, Canada

Cons

Sometimes it did take more than 30 minutes to fully scan the computer. However, this was usually because there was an enormous amount of files to be scanned or it was a slower PC.

New from Mn8tion

Malwarebytes: Easy fixes

My experience with Malwarebytes has been exceptional. It's my go-to program for keeping everything safe on computers. I have been a fan of it for years.

Pros

I love how Malwarebytes works in the background unintrusively. It has so many features and offers so much security. In a time where new malware is showing up what feels like daily, It makes me feel like my work which can be sensitive is secure. I love the web protection feature, and also scheduling scans after we all finish for the day so no one will be in the way. It's also a great value for all that it does.

Cons

I used the free version for a while. I later switched to the paid version which was a great value and had some features I really use.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

It was a better value. It has a lot of features that I like and make use of all the time. Everything runs so quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

A friend said to try it because she was using it and she said it was very easy to use and was great for business.

Mark from Mark D Worthen PsyD

Industry: Mental Health Care

Malwarebytes Premium (Personal & Solopreneurs)

Despite my recent frustration re: uninstalling (described above), I still highly recommend Malwarebytes Premium for Windows (Personal). Glitches happen with any software and considering the poor customer service so many companies think is perfectly acceptable, I regard my recent issue to be minor in the big scheme of things. I have used Malwarebytes for 5+ years. Every IT pro I've asked has highly recommended it too.

Pros

Prevents nasty malware from entering PC. Reasonably priced considering the cost of fixing a malware problem - $60 for one year subscription or $54.50/year for 2 years.

Cons

I recently had trouble with the software - it would not load. The standard 'fix' for such problems is to Uninstall and then reinstall the software. However, I could not uninstall Malwarebytes using the standard Windows Uninstaller, *and* I could not uninstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. No software is perfect, even 'support tools'. What bothered me is that there is a known problem with uninstalling Malwarebytes for Windows (for some computers) but this problem--and the solution--is not mentioned in the Malwarebytes Support Tool FAQ. (There is also a Support Tool Manual but the current Manual is for Malwarebytes version 1.4 and the current Malwarebytes version is 1.5.3.749. On the positive side, the Malwarebytes support documents overall are very good and the support forum is excellent. I learned about the solution to my uninstall problem in the Support Forum - I needed to use the Support Tool in Windows Safe Mode.

n/a

Awesome!

Five star! I love how it works on everything from computers to cellphones, I license does all my equipment.

Pros

I love Malwarebytes, I had been using other programs that were not doing the job. Since switching over I have had no problems. I love how I can have different computers setup to scan at different hours during my business closed times. Price is great too!

Cons

If you do not set the scan time to an off time the scanning will slow down the computer. This is ok and can be adjusted. Just make not, as it will automatically scan daily.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I had read some reviews had been having problems with AVG so decided to try the free malware and was super impressed

The best virus removal software I've encountered

Whilst not used by the company I work at as their Anti-Virus system I consider Malwarebytes to be the gold standard for removing viruses that other scanners either don't find or can't remove. I recommend both the paid and free version to anyone who asks me about a personal anti-viruses as I have found it to be very user friendly and, as mentioned, extremely powerful.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup Scans are very quick Scans take up very little system resources when running Free version still removes virtually all viruses I've encountered Paid version actively blocks web pages that contain viruses, prevents executables from delivering payloads, and so much more. Price:Value ratio is extremely good

Cons

Updates have on several occasions caused issues, one caused a bug that suggested real time protection was off when it was not, another caused Malwarebytes to consume RAM until the computer crashed. Though fixed quickly perhaps a more thorough testing phase could have prevented these. The "My Account" web page is a little basic and could definitely be upgraded to improve a number of features such as: Available devices - this does not provide computer/mobile names or locations, and to deactivate remotely requires the deactivation on all devices at once. Payment Method - I am yet to find a way to change my address, I moved house several years ago and yet it still shows my old address. I have even contacted support about this without success. Settings - I would include the option to change home address here.

Alison from The Prairie School

Hands down, one of the best free securities on the net! I recommend this left and right.

Pros

I love the price - Free. I love the usability - download and run. I love the quality - not even my friends who like the darker net have had issues that Malwarebytes can prevent. I love features and functionality - I run it, and it does everything I need it to do without the need to micromanage it. Hands down, I love Malwarebytes, and I know that is something strange to say about your computer security system, and that I usually do not endorse something without at least one bigger reservation, but this is an exception. If you do not have a security in place and do not want to pay for one, get Malwarebytes!

Cons

Driven away by the price of Kaspersky, which is a great product, but I am a lowly broke computer lover, I found Malware bytes one day what seems like decades ago. It may not have been decades, but it was at least one... Anyway, I found Malwarebytes and fell in love. It has had my back through the days when being a teenager and going to torrent sites was cool, all the way until now when I try not to look back on those days and what I was getting myself into as I browse the internet for the next great coupon. Malwarebytes has been tried and true, but alas, since I use the free version, there is very little customization that I get to do. I run, it catches if there are anything that did not raise a gigantic red flag upon introduction. That is all, my only con, a lack of granularity. That should be a pro in itself.

Abayomi from NetSpot Media

Malwarebytes Review

It has really protected my PC from hackers and viruses.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a very good Antivirus software. Since I have been using it I have not had any difficulties using it. Its fast and does not slow down my computer while running. I am also using its mobile app and it has drastically help reduce the number of top-up adverts on my phone.

Cons

The Desktop version sometimes deactivate full protection of my PC. I will have to restart my computer to get it working back as normal.

John from Ringfree Communications

Taking A Bite Out Of Malware

I use this most often after a client notifies my office that they've clicked a phishing email or if they've had suspicious activity/web activity. I love using the adware/spyware remover to keep them from being reinstalled again. Also, taking the time to search for rootkits is important in my line of work. My overall experience has been positive and it's my go-to for a ton of stuff. I would recommend everyone having a copy of Malwarebytes. I rest easy at night with this on my machines.

Pros

I really love using Malwarebytes! I especially enjoy using their Techbench tools. It felt like having a one-stop-shop of IT tools at your disposal when working on a client's machine. Whether working remotely or locally, whether for a diagnostic test, a hardware failure, cybersecurity breach and everything in between, I used this toolset for it. It was all in one place, took a minute to load up and got right to work. When I made my career change into IT, I thought the job was going to be hard. But when I discovered Malwarebytes, it all just got really easy. I use this everywhere I go and recommend it to anyone who asks.

Cons

If you are not using the premium version, the ads to get it can be a little annoying. Especially when you are using the Chrome Browser extension, it felt like there were 100 notifications on every little thing and then got the notifications for upgrading as well. You just stop differentiating them after a while. The danger in that is it makes you want to turn off the notifications altogether. If you're not using the software regularly, you may go awhile with a compromised system and that's no bueno.

Jesenia from Independence University

So great I bought it

I'd been using it for years and noticed it caught more than other programs. The free version only worked when I ran the scan, not as viruses or bad websites came up, so I paid for the full version and have been very pleased with it.

Pros

I love how it's running all the time, not just when I run a scan, so it catches more problems as they enter my computer.

Cons

I haven't had any viruses while running this anti-virus so I have zero complaints.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

It caught more than AVG so I stayed with it.

Pam from Maynard, Inc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Malwarebytes For Home

We have been able to meet our customers expectations of having a secure network in which to hold their proprietary data.

Pros

It's great for Home Use. Simple updates, good security coverage.

Cons

For Enterprise the deployment was a little sketch behind our enterprise firewalls. It seems to need full access to the Internet to behave consistently.

Price, and reliability.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Bitdefender's offering for enterprise was not functional at all. We kept getting infected.

Heidi from My Creative Pursuits

Industry: Graphic Design

A more complicated solution to virus protection from a company that helped build the industry.

A high standard of protection against constant virus threats from all daily activity on the internet. A good choice for any level of computer user.

Pros

I have been using Malwarebytes off and on for years. Malwarebytes began as a free offering that while simple was a powerful tool. It was among the first applications to supply malware protection and removal that was easy and quick to use. Over the years, they've grown to include all virus protection and the software has inevitably grown in both complexity and functionality. Now, Malwarebytes is a great option to protect your computer whether for home use or your business. It's affordable and runs well in the background. There are layers of protection that satisfy both the casual user and the more technically inclined.

Cons

Unfortunately the simple, straightforward malware removal tool of the past is long gone and with it the ease of use. As a much larger program that runs in the background rather than when you call it forth, it takes much more of your computer's resources and is much more involved to use. It's an understandable issue as the program's growth means it also offers much more than the previous versions of the software, but I miss the simple but effective application of "the before time." Still, it's a great example of industry standard protection which manages to keep up with the ever changing threats on the internet today.

Steven from NexusTek

Industry: Information Services

Product works great and powerful free version

Pros

I like the the fact that the free version is still very feature rich, not lacking many features compared to the paid version. Also blocks malware very well and finds many malicious files when compared to other free antivirus.

Cons

I wish I had more control over the way that is scans, white listing, blacklisting, etc. These are minor complaints though and not at all something preventing me to use it.

Lorraine from Rainbow Works Pty Ltd

Industry: Writing and Editing

Love knowing my computer is secure!

Total computer security and peace of mind at a highly affordable price.

Pros

Malware Bytes Premium is the only security on all the computers and tablets in our household. It's easy to use, doesn't interfere with other applications, doesn't cause crashes, and I feel completely confident it delivers total security. I've used a few anti-virus programs, but I always ran the free version of Malware Bytes alongside them. After a popular and expensive anti-virus program falsely detected a trojan and crashed my system, deleting drivers and corrupting files, and I had to spend for repairs, I made the decision that Malware Bytes Premium was all I needed for security. It's a decision I haven't regretted. I run Malware Bytes permanently in the background at all times. It monitors for any suspicious activity and warns immediately if there is the smallest risk. In addition, I run a full scan every day. This software is amazingly good value - far less costly than most anti-virus software and does so much more! Stops ransomware and exploit attacks. Shields against suspicious websites. Removes malware and spyware. No more worms, rogues, dialers, trojans, rootkits, exploits, or bots... ever! As I work online, this protection is essential, and it's nice to know I can play and socialize safely as well, anytime I please.

Alison from Peak Brokerage Services

Malwarebytes

Overall, I love how I can set the scan to happen every day and how it catches the bad sites and viruses before doing any damage to my computer. So far it has been very helpful to us.

Pros

When we got our new office computers Malwarebytes was recommended by our back office to use for our security. We had never used them before, but it has been a great experience so far. The computers have been running smoothly and Malwarebytes seems to catch all the bad sites before anything can happen.

Cons

It is pretty costly for a small business, but that is the price to protect our client's information.

Aaron from Colorado Computer Care

Great software, paid version is somewhat questionable

For the most part, Malwarebytes is an excellent program. There are some annoyances related to using the free version vs. the paid version, but the detection is the same whether you go with paid or free.

Pros

The free version of Malwarebytes is amazing. It catches a significant amount of malware that your standard anti-virus program misses. Specifically, Malwarebytes does an excellent job in identifying PuPs (potentially unwanted programs), which are not technically viruses, but can be just as malicious. In addition, because of how Malwarebytes operates, it can be used in conjunction with more traditional anti-virus programs. And finally, while there is a paid version (for a yearly fee), the free version is just as capable - but must be run on demand.

Cons

When using the paid version, Malwarebytes will run in the background at all times, and does seem to have an effect on performance, though nothing too severe. A frustrating aspect is that when you elect to use the free version, whenever an update occurs, you are asked again to upgrade the paid version or start a 14-day trial - there is no way to permanently stick with the free version.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I use Malwarebytes in ADDITION to more traditional anti-virus programs - the two are NOT mutually exclusive.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,223 reviews