• Pros

• "Customer Service is truly amazing they'll get to you in less than a minute which is awesome and this product is absolutely recommended."

• "It is really easy to deploy and the functionalities are excellent."

• "This soft i easy to use, easy to deploy and the agent is really efficient."

• Cons

• "Deploying the agent and keeping it updated can be a little tricky - there is however plenty of free help on the website and support is available (license dependent)."

• "Had licensing issues initially User interface is friendly, but can be better"

• "It can be a bit complicated to really configure at the detailed level I need but most tools are. Would like to see more canned configurations for Linux support."

Browse ManageEngine Desktop Central Reviews

Rob from Amadeus Capital Partners

Great all-in-one management platform

We initially replaced our WSUS system with DC, then expanded it out to cover MDM (replacing Meraki) and vulnerability scanning.

Pros

- Centralised patch management - Vulnerability and threat management works pretty well - Excellent, responsive support team - Once you get used to how it works, it's pretty robust and nice to use - Nice MDM, desktop, laptop and mobile management all in one place

Cons

- It takes a while to get your head around how updates are applied - it is quite 'batchy' - The MDM UI is sometimes a bit confusing

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

Unified platform, more scalable, 3rd party app patching.

Jim from Alquest Technologies, Inc.

An Absolutely Essential IT Support Solution for Small to Large Environments

See above! I mainly use Desktop Central to maintain third party applications (non-Microsoft). I also provide periodic remote desktop support for a few users, including one who works from home, like I do. It would take me hours to drive to the office or user's location! . Especially in this last year, Desktop Central and a couple other Manage Engine products have been essential for me to provide support for a small office that is struggling financially to keep its doors open. I cannot say enough good things about this and the the other Manage Engine products.

Pros

From third party program installation and management to remote computer management, Desktop Central is an indispensable solution. - Managing third party software is greatly simplified with Patch Management and Software Deployment. - Full system Inventory, with Manage Licenses, Software Metering and automated system Scan. - Remote Control allows remote desktop support, essential for today's IT support. - A robust set of reports that can be scheduled and emailed. - Integrates with Service Desk Plus to automatically create service tickets, and email alerts can be created. - The Free version is fully functional and a great solution for small offices with a limited budget.

Cons

I have been using Desktop Central at my current position for 4 years. I cannot live without Desktop Central, or several other Manage Engine products! It is essential for IT to know what their network condition is, maintain its optimum health, and provide end user remote support. Desktop Central is only one of many Manage Engine products that allows IT support to do this.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

I have been using various Manage Engine products across a couple employers, for over 11 years. Desktop Central won my respect from Solar Winds, back in 2012. The level of network security I set would not allow their patch manager to work, which means I would have had to remove some security measures to get it to work. Desktop Central, as well as Event Log Analyzer and OP-Manager, has worked perfectly well with my heightened security measures. My worries with Solar Winds was unfortunately proven valid with the recent breach of their own patch management distribution server. I am soon to retire knowing Manage Engine has provided me over a decade of resources to help me achieve this accolade!

Tries to do too many things

This product advertises a lot of features and functionalities that try to make the solution a one-stop shop for IT departments. Unfortunately none of the features work well or work at all. When compared with other patching solutions, software deployment solutions and help desk toolsets, it falls flat on its face and does not meet the demands of an enterprise sized organization. Support staff is foreign based and can be very difficult working against the language barriers or trying to explain the problem even though they appear to be trying to help.

Pros

Useful dashboard for inventory of hardware and software.

Cons

Patching is extremely complicated compared to competitors. Agents deployed to endpoints consume large amount of CPU and RAM. Customer support is a small team with most tickets taking 3 days minimum. Every case starts with uploading logs. Product patches are being released constantly to fix the large number of bugs in software. Bandwidth management for remote offices does not function well and will easily consume an entire circuit. If this happens it is difficult to stop the traffic until the action has completed. Small mistakes can have big consequences when configuring deployments.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like our intuitive dashboard for hardware and software inventory. We're sorry about your unpleasant experience with the product. Our patching today has transcended and become a lot more seamless with the introduction of automated patch deployment tasks, wherein every stage of the patch cycle is automated. We've grown as a team, and currently we have quite a lot of support technicians who can resolve your issues in a jiffy. Our product upgrades are no longer about issue fixes, rather we're releasing top-notch features - requested by our customers, and the ones that meet market standards. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Alvaro from Automobile Insurance Bureau

Your All-in-One Solution

I really can't leave without Manage Engine. It's my everyday Go-To tool for all my needs. You guys are doing a great job improving the software.

Pros

I love the fact that this software gets updates and upgrades periodically. I do appreciate the nice remote capabilities, the option to roll out your own image, MS Updates, asset management and great reports. Its my everyday tool for helping out end users and doing all my IT duties! Its an amazing tool! I am waiting for the day that they add Purchase Orders to the Manage Engine Suite.

Cons

Some upgrades might catch you by surprise since the design and the buttons change here and there, but I do understand the process of making things better for the IT Professional. Can be a bit expensive if you add all the tools to the suite. Better bundles should be added to the list of suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Because all of the functionalities and scalabilities the other ones lacked.

Nothing Comes Close To Zoho Corp and Desktop Central Price Per Value and Feature Wise

Pros

Nothing comes close to Manage Central when price per value is obvserved with the only issues being that it is a lot of information all at once, and that it has many configuration abilities and options. I have used this solution for a couple months now, but my experience with Zoho SaaS has been spectacular with 0% downtime on my original site I launched as a side project being 0 in 386 days! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a serious solution, and even to hobbyists and home lab users just looking to try something out!

Cons

Software is extremely customizable and granular, but has a sharper learning curve than a click and deploy solution. However the extra configurability is crucial in fields that require compliance, governance and hard coded security with a clear and present chain of command.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Configurability and tangible experience with Zoho and their ability to honor SLA agreements unlike a certain other RMM company.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

Transparency in communication and pricing.

Muhammad from Library of Congress

Industry: Libraries

ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Overall, I am a satisfied administrator of this product for my organization.

Pros

Ease of deployment, Ease of patch management

Cons

OS Image creating part is bit difficult.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Had recommendation from our senior IT resource of our other office.

Jim from Atlantic Constructors

Very robust product

Pros

Remote access is simple as well as patch management. The inventory module is extremely detailed. We are starting to go full in on the MDM module as well

Cons

Not happy that the new security module is an add-on

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

Started with Service desk plus and wanted to be integrated with device management

Frankie from Palski and Associates

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Life Saver

In our environment we have to meet many government mandates that for a small company can be challenging. This tool helps meet many of those requirements and combines them into 1 tool.

Pros

So many features! Love how many applications are built in to auto deploy. Love all the reporting features as well. In a distributed environment I need to be able audit and this tool allows me to do that.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Better reporting and configuration options, better price point

Omar from andros

Very Impressive

Overall I am thoroughly impressed with ManageEngine and can't wait to use this within our organization.

Pros

One of the main things that sets Desktop Central apart from its competitors is the ability to remotely support the workstations/devices that are managed within this tool.

Cons

I wish that we had the ability to take action on restricting non-compliant devices as opposed to just reporting on them.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Desktop Central has all the features we desire, which were significantly more then its competitors.

Faizhal from Easa Saleh algurg

Senior system administrator

Beneficial

Pros

Easy to use and have control over my end user system now

Cons

Need to include more features to control

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

We already use manage engine ad manager and audit plus

Dale from Diamond Fulfillment Solutions

Industry: Warehousing

MEDC is an important tool for us.

Patching is a breeze. RDP has saved me a lot of headaches since I don't always remember the FQDN of every machine in the building. Helps let me know if systems are down. Overall its a tool I cant live without at this point.

Pros

Inventory features. Makes it really easy to see what PC's are running and who is using them. Login history, Windows patching, software inventories, warranty information (except for HP) and a great built in RDP feature. This software makes life a LOT easier. Its pricing is pretty competitive for everything it offers. We have stuck with it for almost 3 years and don't plan to switch away unless there is a drastic change in its price or functionality. So far I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

Cons

When you hit your license limit, if you don't realize it, and you do another installation, removing the license from an unused computer doesn't activate the one you were initially trying to activate. Often requiring you to jump through a little bit of hoops to get it going. Always make sure you have a free license prior to the install. The only other thing I would truly consider a con is some of the features are more buried then they should be, and its not always immediately obvious where your going to find what you are looking for. Once you have used it for a while, you get used to it though and its a non-issue.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Windows patching built in, no need to play games with wsus.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

I was asked to put in a new system when I started. Not sure why they were unhappy with the old one because I didn't really use it. MEDC interface was nicer for sure.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Dale, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're delighted that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and the fact that it has been making your job seamless for the past three years. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management. We are working towards creating better visibility in terms of the user interface. If you require further assistance with the product UI, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Anurag from Red Devastar Productions

Industry: Computer Games

Works perfectly for me to manage and monitor several devices

Being a Game Developer and Digital Media Producer, I always need a solution to perfectly control and manage all of my desktop and mobile devices and Desktop Central is what I really found as an intuitive and innovative solution to do it. I can easily operate my devices, monitor their usage, install system updates, manage installation of softwares, share files within the systems etc very easily from a single device just because of Desktop Central which is far better when compared to its competitors. Desktop Central allows me to run its application even on my 32-bit system. It also has a mobile application which works smoothly.

Pros

There are several things I loved about Desktop Central like the ability to automate the patching of OS, automatic scanning and installation of latest service packs for OS, imaging of OS to protect my devices from security vulnerabilities. It also allows me to install and uninstall necessary softwares remotely with many of its useful features and built-in templates. A few more useful features are also there including Power management to switch the devices On or Off remotely and to get reports of device's Up-time( to know from how many hours they are turned On). One of the best things about Desktop Central is that they provide me the ability to control all of my devices even from my Mobile Phone, there mobile application is well optimized and works perfectly fine. I can also set my computers and other devices to be used by specific Users and for specific roles by granting them limited access to the device's features and functions. My workflow increases when I can easily transfer files, shoot and record photos and videos from all of my devices using a Single device because of Remote sharing feature of Desktop Central. They provide a One month free trial with all of their features, so that one can easily understand and get used to with their application.

Cons

The only thing I would like to say to Manageengine is that they should fix the pricing for Desktop Central, a small organization or a small firm can't easily afford this much expensive solution for them. Though, I think Desktop Central already offers to get a price Quote to their customers according to their need.

Comprehensive Desktop Management Solution

ManageEngine Desktop Central has helped us improve our overall technical and operational support to staff and further, helped consolidate software and resources.

Pros

ManageEngine Desktop Central is a robust set of tools that allow s you to deploy, automate, and support your end user's device with a simple to manage interface. Before using ManageEngine my team used a wide variety of tools and a lot of 'hands-on' involvement to maintain our diverse set of end-user equipment, but, with Desktop Central we are able to deploy images, software, manage patches, set security policies, and provide remote support all from one central location.

Cons

The setup can be a little overwhelming at first due to all of the configuration and features. While the support team was good and very friendly, it would be better if there is more standardized KBs and how-to videos to help support some of the advanced functions.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management, thereby replacing the multiple tools that you've had to use in the past. We are working on standardizing the knowledge base articles and how-to videos. If you require further assistance, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Desk Central

It's almost all positive. It allows me to stay of top of all software patching, both Windows and 3rd-party. That's the single largest benefit. But in addition it allows quickly implement group policy-like configurations, effectively block thumb drives, reboot all machines on a set schedule, view a complete inventory of all hardware and software, search for specific software that's installed, implement quick changes to all machines when needed, like registry ones, and many others.

Pros

This product was easy for me to implement several years ago. Whenever I have problems, it's very easy to contact their support team and when i do they are very responsive. If a feature isn't there that I'd like to have, they also make a serious effort to see it implemented in the future. For what it does, it's very cost-effective and an extremely beneficial tool to have at my disposal as the lead tech in our organization. If it wasn't available I feel it would be extremely difficult to replace with anything product anywhere near its price range, and I'd likely lose features as well.

Cons

No product is perfect, and there's a few features I'd like to have added, but at least they make an honest effort to hear my concerns whenever i have them. I really can't think of much of anything else that I'd criticize them for, and I'm very happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

It was recommended by our security assessment analyst. In addition its price was very reasonable compared to others I looked at.

Rajneesh from Bluechip infotech

Heterogeneous End-point Management from a Unified Console

Easy to use UI, Online help and chat support, Great community support. Overall, quick to learn and easy Setup.

Pros

More control, Power to you, whilst deploying SW Deployment, OS Patching and even MDM, all can be achieved from a single console. Not to mention, OS Deployment & Imaging are offered free for all Workstation & Servers. Gartner listed, Awesome support very Proactive indeed.

Cons

None at all. Out-of-box product features have nothing to complaint about. We love everything that DesktopCentral UEM has to offer.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Since, ManageEngine has invested much in continual development of DesktopCentral UEM. It's now offered in Cloud as well. Easy to setup, configure, quick learning curve,

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

We went through product webinar videos and were able to setup our-self. Also, ManageEngine DesktopCentral support was there to help, whenever needed.

Kapil from ACI

A unified endpoint management solution for omnichannel users for managing various s/w implementation

The ease of software deployment has been a cake walk. It has reduced the time efficiency by leaps and bounds. The performance of the software is a huge plus point

Pros

Ease of deploying the software to multiple devices with in minutes have saved cost, time and manpower for the organization

Cons

Customizing the dashboard and reports control could have been more user friendly.

Ease of business, User Community and Product Vision

Response from ManageEngine

Replied May 2020

Hello Kapil, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing your endpoints. We're happy to know that software deployment has been a walk in the park for your organization by using our product. We hope you've tried other features as well. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Pascal from Royal Belgian Football Association

RBFA

The best tool so far in my career, modular, great support.

Pros

Ease of use. Super OS and patch deployment, the overviews and the reports. Quick help on each page. Deploy of software. Mobile device management.

Cons

The error messaging, most of the times to general. Quick help not always sufficient. The help websites, not clear enough to find your way.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Better, more possibilities, easyier to use

Philipp from IUB Engineering AG

Industry: Civil Engineering

Excellent product! Compared to other ME products also very few bugs. Support should be improved.

Huge time savings in supporting our end users!

Pros

- stable - ease of use - value for Money is excellent!!! - covers (almost) all our endpoint management Needs - steady improvement in functionality

Cons

Technical Support should be improved! The technicians seem very knowledgeable! Anyhow, I miss the personal contact to the Support engineers. I don't like how, in a Support session, the technician connects to my PC and starts clicking around and Chat through Notepad. Any other vendor's Support technician would give me a call and stay on the phone while Troubleshooting Problems. It's a great way to learn about the product for me, and for the technician it may also be usefull as I may help the technician by providing Details more easely. I think that it would improve the Support process drastically. I really dislike the way Support works at the Moment!

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Philipp, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for your feedback on our support, and we're happy to keep you informed that our support team today is not what it used to be three years back. We've worked on inflating every intricate detail with our customer service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Aaron from Mediadroid Ltd

Industry: Publishing

So many useful features that you don't get with a normal Windows Domain controller

We use Desktop Central as it offers so many extra features, as I mentioned in my first paragraph. These features are really useful and save so much time.

Pros

There are so many useful features in Desktop Central. My favourite features are: - Being able to remotely wake up and shut down computers - Inventory history showing hardware changes - Reports of which user logged onto which computers, which really helps find who works at which desk

Cons

The updating routine for getting the latest version of Desktop Central is very tedious, requiring a backup, shut down, downloading a file, and then manually running a patch installer. I would like to see an automatic updater, but perhaps it is for those who are very strict about software installations.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Aaron, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for letting us know your pain point in upgrading Desktop Central. Your feedback will be passed on to the development team. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Desktop Central: Tech Perspective

Overall it is a good product and accomplishes our purposes.

Pros

This software is really good shut the price and features it comes with. Replaces a lot of tools we have had to mismatch and put together all in one.

Cons

The user interface and language of the site is somewhat confusing and not intuitive. They have a log guides that help. Just not as intuitive as I had hoped.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Overall functionality is better.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

We still use reach but in a limited capacity.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and it's unified approach. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing all your endpoints, thereby replacing multiple tools that you've had to use in the past. If you require further assistance with the user interface, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Daniel from Instarmac Group PLC

Industry: Building Materials

Brilliant system that is constantly updated with new features

Customer service is usually really good. most issues are resolved within a couple of hours. if logs have to be sent, I'd give them 4-5 days

Pros

The system is cheap, reliable, integrates with our Servicedesk well and constantly has new features added to it

Cons

When a new update is released, their quality control can sometimes be lacking. there's always several issues such as not being able to search, not being able to sort, not being able to connect to PCs (these issues were just in the last 2 months). Even though we have the Enterprise version (that's supposed to include everything), In the last 2 years, they've released a couple of Add-ons... They seem to ignore the fact that we paid for the enterprise level to get everything included, and are seperating everything that they can so that we have to continue spending

Price to feature ratio.

Archna from Punjab Kesari

Desktop Central offers the best features to manage multiple devices from a Central device.

Our organization is using Desktop Central to manage all of our devices including devices with Windows and Mac OS, Android and iOS devices from a single Device. Desktop Central has allowed us to give the Power of controlling all the devices to a Single Central Device which can be operated by Senior IT managers. We can manage Software installation, patching and deployment with ease. We can also monitor who is using what device and when, means we can easily monitor our devices using Desktop Central. The pricing perfectly fits our need, also we can get Quote to best explain our requirements and get an even perfect subscription from them. They also provide a 30 day trial to effectively understand and evaluate the complete product.

Pros

Desktop Central offers a lot of features to effectively manage several devices anytime from single Central Device. Some of the most helpful features are Turn On/Off the controlled devices, Operating System patch management, installation and deployment of Softwares, file transfer using Remote Sharing etc. Desktop Central allows patching, imaging and deploying of OS, which helps a lot in keeping all the devices safe from known/unknown Security threats by remote upgradation. Desktop Central also allows us to monitor several things like Login History, Software and Hardware Changes etc which helps our organization a lot in monitoring the use of our devices. Overall, we can have full control over all of our devices easily and effectively from a single Central Powered Device anytime.

Cons

A few things I think should be improved with Desktop Central is their Customer Support Service. Recently, some people from our organization were having trouble with Desktop Central but the Customer Support team was not effectively helping them out. Though, the problem has now been solved because we went through their Guides and Documentations and figured out how to fix things up.

Wilson from The Peninsula Manila

Very important and useful automation tool for IT.

It automates a lot of things that takes time to manually do it. In simple words, it saved enormous time, energy, money and definitely increase productivity.

Pros

Ease of use, available feature to monitor status of specific computer desktop, server and laptop. As part of my job, to ensure 100% software patches are applied and monitored this application is very important to me or must have.

Cons

Poor support, raised a simple recurring issue (which suddenly occured) but no sulotion even remotely checked and provided the logs but still no clear guidance on how to correct. We have software patches for some reason cannot be distributed to computer desktops. We can manully download from the server and iinstall manually with no issue.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Wilson, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for your feedback on our support and we're happy to inform you that our support has scaled up to deliver top-notch customer service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Barry from Cartrawler

Great overall product, has completely changed how we deploy and manage our software.

The biggest benefit for us was the software deployment piece, ve were previously deploying through GPO

Pros

Software deployment is great and Simple to use, the software portal has really decreased the amount of IT tickets we receive in relation to software requests. The tools are also very useful, we have setup reboot polices to force updates to install and set up remote control so we don't need to run around the building. We found the patch management module easy and quicker to use than WSUS and the reports are also more specific.

Cons

No software portal for mac. License management is tricky to use as it is based on the product and version, some software has multiple versions depending on install date so can be hard to track. Would like to see better reporting in regards to USB device management particularly for drives

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Barry, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and its software deployment capabilities, in particular. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We're happy to let you know that self-service portal is now available for macOS users as well. Also, software licenses for different versions can be managed. And, we've enhanced our reporting with respect to USB devices. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

TIMOTHY from McGraw-Hill FCU

Positive overall

Better control of our desktop/endpoint environment for support, patches, and configuration pushes... all at a fair price.

Pros

Clean interface. Easy to find most information. Some nice tools included, would like to see more tools like remote registry viewer.

Cons

Help file is a bit limited. Online KBs and forums are average to OK. Support for non-critical items is responsive enough. Worried that "live" support for emergency items (i.e. DC is not starting, database problem, problem during upgrade, etc.) is not easily available via phone (I have not had to contact support about a critical issue to date).

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Timothy, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We've relentlessly worked on extensive help documents and knowledge base articles that might help you. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Michael from Mediadroid Limited

Free to use for up to 25 computers - A really good time saving tool

We have been using ManageEngine Desktop Central for a few years, and are still on the free tier that allows up to 25 computers to be managed. The primary purpose we had for installing it was to make sure all our computers have the latest Windows Updates installed. This is important to keep all our computers secure. It has been working well and I would recommend anyone with an office to use this software.

Pros

What I like most about ManageEngine Desktop Central is that it scans all our Windows computers on our network, and checks and reports on which computers require Windows Updates.

Cons

Sometimes the Windows Server component of ManageEngine Desktop Central does not start up on boot, and has to be started manually. It means after a reboot of the server, sometimes we do not notice the ManageEngine Desktop Central server hasn't started up and we do not receive reports for a few days.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Michael, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. To ensure that the Desktop Central server is up and running after every system boot/reboot, you'll have to enable an option under the 'Product server settings' to 'Start Desktop Central automatically on machine bootup'. If you require further assistance with the server and client startup, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Philippe from EBA Clearing

Good alternative to SCCM with complete features

All in one management system. Easy to setup and interesting cost

Pros

Easy installation on premiss , a little less on Azure. Templates are available if needed. Many option ad cool feature from distribution of software to remote control. Managine MDM , server and workstation is very easy once setup.

Cons

No integration with Azure Active directory, still base on Active directory setup for the workstation? Management little tricky with on a cloud based domain. Groupe poicies and update management not easy to remove.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Philippe, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We are working on the integration with Azure Active Directory and please be informed that Desktop Central instance is available on Azure marketplace. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Ben from CNEX Labs

Industry: Semiconductors

Excellent management solution for small companies without the baggage and up-sell of the big guys

We have been extremely successful, and the software has really come through when we needed it. It has streamlined our onboarding as well. Additionally, the software is improving over time. Performance is strongly better today than when we started with the platform.

Pros

The cross platform coverage is not just lip service. We manage Linux, Mac, and Windows machines on equal footing.

Cons

The weakest area of DesktopCentral would be realtime scripting and diagnostics. Software analysis and reporting is sub par. There are gaps in functionality where the system is gathering certain data points, but you cannot report of script based upon them. For example, you cannot search machines for active processes. Most of this can be worked around, but is inefficient.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Costs were the primary factor. Desktop Central is a full featured solution for a fraction of the costs from other RMM soluitions. Aditionally, it is very light weight and can run on almost any hardware.

The right tool for the job

You really only are as good as the tools you have available. This is one of the best tools to manage hardware, software, and end users as well as troubleshooting systems. It makes my job much easier than other tools I have used in the past!

Pros

- Ease of use - Remote support capabilities - Asset management functionality - Integration with Service Desk Plus - Overall information available - Automated patch deployment and management

Cons

A lot to take in at first. It's very feature rich which can be somewhat intimidating at first. It almost seems like some of the functionality could be simplified somewhat.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you automate endpoint management and security, thereby replacing the multiple tools you've had to use in the past. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Girish from SoftManage Solution & Services Pvt.Ltd

Best In the business-Desktop Management

Helped to be compliant at audit level & maintain the inventory details.

Pros

Ability to patch all the applications used over the organizations, Software Deployment with Self Service Portal for users,Security Policies & USB Management for security purpose & Most liked feature is Inventory module.

Cons

The Agent communication period of 90 Minutes.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Ease to use , more available features than other vendors & reporting part.

Brian from CCBank

ManageEngine DC is an easy to use patch management and computer administration suite.

Pros

ManageEngine was easy to install and update. It's easy to use, feature rich and has a good support as well as an online community and knowledge base. Patching info is current and addresses specific exploits and patches. Program contains tutorial links for training of specific features from within application as well as links to request support, chat with a rep and feature requests.

Cons

Support staff is polite and knowledgeable but can be a little slow to respond during ongoing correspondences

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Brian, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and our patch management capabilities, in particular. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Julian from Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center

I like it

Update and Secure PC, and make my life easier troubleshooting the computers

Pros

Control of overall environment, from patch management to deploy OS, this is a good service I can see all the computer on my network and security them installing the patches and also see what user name is using the pc

Cons

not much friendly to use, I can see many options around if you find a better way to make this friendly and easy to use this product is going to be the best

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Julian, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We've worked on our product's user interface to create better visibility and aid in seamless navigation. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

HAKAN from Sompo

Practical solution for windows updates and software deploy

Pros

ready-made templates provide convenience easy to understand interface software installations are pretty fast ready reports handy remote restart or remote connection features are fine

Cons

dashboard cannot be changed screen transitions are slow filters are not useful

Response from ManageEngine

Replied March 2020

Hello Hakan, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing your endpoints. We're sorry about the unpleasant experience you've had with our dashboard, and filters. Will get this feedback shared across. In the meanwhile, kindly elaborate on the issues that you've been facing with our filters, and your expectations out of an intuitive dashboard. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Mark from Journeys in Community Living

Total control over ALL endpoints

It's a superb product if you are looking to dominate every aspect of endpoint management, both on mobile and desktop hardware!

Pros

ME Desktop Central gives me total control over every device in our organization -- desktop and mobile -- whether in a domain or workgroup, including both Windows, Mac, Android and Linux. Deploy configurations, software and even OSes. Connect remotely to user sessions or command prompt and even Windows registry. Patch management is top notch! Mobile Device Management is second to none (UEM Edition). Works well with the new features included in Windows Endpoint Management Portal (formerly Intune).

Cons

ManageEngine Desktop Central has absolutely zero cons.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

After trialing Desktop Central for a period, no other software I tried matched up when it came to features.

Dean from Newsquest Media Group LTD

Industry: Publishing

Desktop Central - Invaluable to us!

100s of users started working from home in the last year due to the pandemic and being able to remote control their desktops to assist has been a real boon to us.

Pros

Software deployment and patching is a breeze! The fact we can use a secure gateway server to connect to home user PCs over the internet is a lifesaver!

Cons

Sometimes tricky to get what we would consider to something simple added to the product. Upgrades can be tricky but support has assisted every time we've had an issue. Unable to use OS deployment due to how it works, but we have InTune and Autopilot for this so it's never been a showstopper for us.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Price compared to KACE and ease of use compared to SCCM. We have been using the product since 2014 and the supplier has improved the product immensely since then in many ways.

Raheel from Alfuttaim

Industry: Computer Networking

ManageEngine desktop central

We are managing more then 400 desktop with desktop central. Its vere easy to manage and do any deployment by desktop central.

Pros

Best endpoint management solution Patch management, software deployment, It asset management,desktop configuration are easy to use and fulfill customer requirement.

Cons

Software deployment and patch management are core part of this product

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

We are using service desk and opmanager also

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

Dnt have rich features like desktop central

Rishi from Pacific Manufacturing

Excellent Product

Perfect

Pros

Cons

Never had any issues so far a little gui issue which are fixed very promptly.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

It is cost effective with great features

Wayne from PAS Global, LLC

The products provide a lot of value to organizations, and easily compete with the top vendors.

Pros

There are lots of solutions/modules available to help manage IT from an enterprise perspective. Could value on the small amount of resources needed to operate the solution.

Cons

We encounter ongoing challenges when trying to work with the Sales part of this company. It is very frustrating to deal with sales when trying to buy more than one module. Every module seems to have its own sales team that do not talk to the other sales teams. Worst part of the product.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Wayne, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for your feedback on our sales team, and we're happy to inform you that our sales team has scaled up to provide top-notch service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

David from Kentucky River Properties LLC

Desktop Central

Patch management. Remote desktop assistance. Hardware and Software inventory. Basic license management.

Pros

For me, the most useful part of the software is patch management. I love how easy and efficiently I can push out updates.

Cons

When patches fail there isn't always details on why, just that it failed. For instance, if a patch fails to download, it says it failed to download but doesn't offer any further explanation other than a link to documentation, which isn't always helpful and I end up creating a support ticket.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Desktop Central

Price and ease of implementation and use.

Wade from NYCM Insurance

Desktop Central has it all.

We use Desktop Central to deploy patches, deploy/remove software, remote connect to remote devices, asset inventory, file management, remote shutdown, etc...Everything about Desktop Central has benefited our company.

Pros

Desktop Central provided us with the ability to replace several different software products that we were using before, and gave us so much more capabilities on top of them. Deploying patches, software, configuration jobs are a must in this day and age, and Desktop Central makes these processes extremely easy.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints about this software. They are always adding more and more functionality.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

More robust patching, combined multiple products into one application.

Great Options But a Little Pricey

ManageEngine Desktop Central has helped with automating patches. We also use it to install a base load of software for new computer installations that is automated as well and this save time during new computer setups.

Pros

We like the automation of ManageEngine Desktop Central. The basic inventory of hardware installed on the systems makes it easy to gather information to make decisions on upgrades refreshes without having to sit at the machine. Desktop Central also reports warranty information on systems which is helpful for budgeting purposes. The built in alerts aid in completing our daily checklists as they alert to vulnerable systems that need to be patched.

Cons

The software does come with a great deal of options and functionality but for a small startup, it is somewhat pricey. We have found other solutions that have similar functionality that also incorporate anti-virus and malware protection that are less expensive.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you automate endpoint management and security. We'd be happy to know more about the other solutions that you're currently using to see if our product has scope for additional functionalities. If you require further assistance with the product or the pricing, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Philip from Pango Group

Great

Pros

So many features especially the remote control such as remote registry and wake on LAN. Deploying packages is good to but the status page could be a little more elaborate.

Cons

User Interface could be cleaner. Currently it feels a little crowded and could use some consolidating.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Philip, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We're working on our product's user interface in terms of creating better visibility and streamlining the modules. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Great remote support software suite providing easy way to connect remotely or get software inventory

Pros

Remote support features. System manager with remote command prompt support. Access to registry, inventory and hardware and software settings.

Cons

Won't get installed or updated easily in clients computers. Remote support connection outside of company network is hit or miss.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and its remote access capabilities. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We've worked on the remote desktop connection for your local and remote offices. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Roberto from Comune di Parabiago

Personal opinion

principlay, it helps to solve final users problems

Pros

Deploy software, remote control, announcement

Cons

too many features and few time to applay... unfortunately

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Desktop Central

This is better and much more complete

Angela from Britian Yearly Meeting (Quakers)

Great!

Pros

All the different functionalities in one location Desktop central. Remote tool is amazing. Easy to setup and administrate. It does what it says. I also use the mobile device management feature which is easy to use.

Cons

Nothing at all. The software does what it says. Support is great as well.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Angela, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We're delighted to know that you haven't had any concerns with our product. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Marc from Presbia

Industry: Medical Devices

I have been working with computers since 1975. I administer several servers and help desk role.

Knowledge of my users hardware and software.

Pros

The thing I think I use the most is the remote access. I have also played around with package installations. It is handy to be able to see what versions of software have been installed. Also, knowing what hardware the user is on.

Cons

It is a little tricky to use the package installation, but that could be my own failing. Also, it appears to be consuming way more disk space on the server it is on than I anticipated.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Marc, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Ken from Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance

Excellent Software

There is so much feature packed into Desktop Central. Most of them so useful and so convenient.

Pros

We use this software mainly to rollout Windows/Linux patches, third party software updates, software installation/uninstallation and for remote access of internal workstations. It is very easy to use and all in one interface. You can even launch command prompt in the background as the user while the user is using the computer. Saves us so much time.

Cons

The pricing is in USD only. Their latest Endpoint Security feature requires separate licensing. Some features like MDM and OS Deployment require a steep learning curve.

Mark from Retail Merchant Services

Great Product for the Price

Pros

Central Control of all systems and mobile devices from one application for patching, software deployment and mobile management

Cons

Really need the mobile data usage reports that have been in development for to long which would really benefit my company for monitoring mobile data usage

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello Mark, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Matthew from St Luke Catholic School

Well Rounded Tool

Reporting provides accurate details to resolve compliance or security issues. Inventory of accounts and assets is maintained and the patching and speed of pushing them out is easier without disrupting users. Remote access to the user when a user needs assistance and or training.

Pros

ME is akin to having at least one 24x7 IT person working. The reporting is completed and has helped flush out rogue and outdated drivers and cloud activity. Patching with ease and the remote tool all built in. Most campuses could easily utilize this tool to better manage assets and inform on problem areas.

Cons

Some of the reports could be consolidated.

Not intuitive, Sometimes makes management easier

Easily remote into client computers. Inventory of software and hardware is super simple.

Pros

Cost, it is very inexpensive in this software category but you get what you paid for is true for DesktopCentral. Support is easy to get a hold of. Remoting into a clients PC to diagnose issues is dead simple.

Cons

The lack of feature updates and the constant releasing of additional software which you need to pay for makes management of a large network difficult due to the intention software fragmentation of features. If they were to combine and add more value to the base product rather than looking to squeeze every penny out of each new feature, this product would be a great product. Many times when you are analyzing why a patch isn't being deployed, it is due to other reasons when contacting support and they rarely help with a solution to solve 150 computers refusing a patch. Usually the answer is to just disable DesktopCentral client to run Windows update traditionally due to the inconsistency of the ManageEngine client.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied January 2020

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central - our inventory management and remote access capabilities. We're sorry about the unpleasant experience. As for the patch management functionality and the product features, we've evolved to provide top-notch and hassle-free features. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.