• Pros

• "I like that it's extremely fast to connect into devices. The UI is very responsive as well so it makes navigating and connecting VERY fast. I have had excellent session quality with this product. "

• "Great tool for remote sessions. Easy to access as a user and easy to provide to clients requiring assistance. "

• "It's convenient, easy to use and is also mobile friendly"

• Cons

• "Pricing levels could be small groups. Other than that the product is great."

• "Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports. "

• "If you forget your password it locks you out for quite a while before being able to log back in again."

Browse LogMeIn Central Reviews

Tyler from dmi Networking

A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.

I can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.

Pros

It's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page. It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.

Cons

They are, bar none, the best remote access and support software on the market. This however means that when they raise their prices, which they seem to do every year, you're left to either take it and raise your own prices slightly, or eat the loss. They also seem to have dropped the live chat support feature, as it's always marked "Offline" on the support drop-down even though it's within the posted hours.

Andrew from Elkhart Community Schools

Easy to use remote software

Pros

This software was the staple point for remote support at my previous job and as well as my current job. This program makes it easy to connect with end user computers as well as personal devices. You can even grant other users access to individual devices, which was great at my previous job because I could control access to certain computers/devices.

Cons

Really the only thing I disliked about this software was the pricing on some aspects of the program. Other than the price, I really couldn't complain about the software.

Shawn from Devenish

Industry: Industrial Automation

LogMeIn Central

Overall the product works well. We used it as our defacto remote support tool to support our remote end users. Costs just got out of hand and I had to eventually abandon LogMeIn Central for another company that worked just as well for 1/3 of the cost.

Pros

Easy to use, centralized management, ease of deployment, easy to create groups, users, and admins. Uptime was never an issue.

Cons

Cost. They did nothing but increase...I wish I could say better things about this company but their costs were too rich for our company so we moved to another remote support alternative for our company.

Great program but way to expensive

We started with LogMeIn when it was a free service and purchased a volume license since we had about 70 computers to use LogMeIn for tech support. However as we grew to over 120 computers the annual license fee grew much faster to were it no longer was worth the cost.

Pros

The program is very easy to setup and use.

Cons

The expense of the license fee drove us away and to find comparable software for less than 1/20 the cost.

Reasons for Choosing LogMeIn Central

We did not select LogMeIn after 10 plus years, we switched to ConnectWise Control due to value.

Jax from Bonsai

Never Really Worked Reliably

We have maybe 2500 computers we need to have irregular access to. I would say 50% of the time, the computer we would try to access would need to be restarted, have an unfixable black screen remotely, or just not connect due to a LogMeIn client issue. When it worked, it was great, but when you often have to take action or go on site to get your remote software working, it's just not worth it. Support was horribly unhelpful and just suggested updates, which in the long run did not help since issues would reoccur and getting access to update them would require being physically present at the computer, ruining the purpose of this remote access software.

Pros

It allowed us to access thousands of devices and keep them organized.

Cons

Devices would either connect with a black screen, or just not show up on the list at all. Visiting my remote computers in person would show the computer started normally, but LogMeIn decided to run but just not connect. Just one click in the LMI Control Panel would make it reconnect. Not polling for a good connection after restart is just bad design, and support consistently told me to just update to the latest version, but through 3 years of experiencing this problem. The black screen issue wasn't resolved either.

Loren from Chicago Spine Institute

LogMeIn

LogMein Central has made it easier, faster and more practical to teach and train my staff at different and various times of the day from any location either party is at.

Pros

LogMeIn makes running a business easier by being able to teach employees pertinent training/information by connecting computers and demonstrating virtually together.

Cons

Sometimes if an area of one of the participants have a slow or shaky internet connection, it makes it difficult to interact with one another on-line.

Reasons for Choosing LogMeIn Central

It was slightly easier to navigate and use and ran more efficiently.

Paul from No Sky Solutions

Reliable Tool For Remote Support Professionals

It is our most used tool and allows reliable access on even slow, latent connections.

Pros

Reliable. Easy Installation. Ability to allow customer to access their system remotely as secondary user for no additional charge.

Cons

Expensive. For the price, features such as file transfer and system monitoring should be included.

Michael from WTI Wireless

Industry: Wireless

Great for central access

It's a great service, and was easy to learn the ins and outs.

Pros

I keep this on all my PCs & laptops. Great solution for keeping secure logins in one place. Very easy to use.

Cons

Depending on which version of windows you are on, sometimes it requires you reinstall a couple times to work properly.

Romn Josu from Agile Solutions

Remote management with LogMeIn

Remote computer management, remote access, monitoring and checking the status in real time.

Pros

I like how easily you can remotely control your devices with LogMeIn Central. Is pretty straightforward to use, and with high performance for the low resources it requires. It runs fast. I like that you can create groups of users and fully customize the roles with permissions and access. Also LogMeIn Central allows you to monitor remotely the status and to spot critical issues which require attention.

Cons

The interface is not as intuitive as one would expect. Maybe it doesn't need improvement if they can provide an explanatory tutorial along.

Samson from TD Bank

LogMeIn Central - just a 25 license or more versoin of LogMeIn .. with AntiVirus

overall, I don't think the extra cost is justified if you do not meet the 25 licenses minimum. Putting in the Antivirus software into it seems to be an interesting idea.

Pros

- Central version has all the Bells and Whistles like its Pro versoin.. with the addition of the AntiVirus program as well as the automation tools - Solid program as a remote takeaway tools. Especially useful for enterprise internal support (as it requires pre-installation on client machines)

Cons

- Central starts with 25 licenses and above. For small businesses, the extra tools and anti-virus software likely not worth the extra licenses if you don't need 25 licenses - Support was an issue since it moved offshore. The offshore staff does not have the technical knowledge to answer on the spot

Jorge from E.M. Tharp, Inc.

Great desktop management tool with a few caveats

I was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations.

Pros

What I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.

Cons

The biggest drawback in my use is the ability to push Windows updates, Anti-Virus installs and application updates. There is a fairly intuitive panel to push out all the requests but using it is like trying to crochet with space gloves, as you never get a real sense of feedback that the changes you requested are actually being implemented in near-real time. Sometimes the end-users workstations falsely report that they are missing installations that I know they are not, so there is a lot of fiddling with the end-users workstation in order to get it to report to LMI correctly. Also, when you've subscribed to the package that includes anti-virus installs, there is no way to centrally manage the AV, as its provided by a third party.

Muhammad from BaseCampDataSolutions

LogMeIn overall functionality

It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails. If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.

Pros

Centralized Computer Management. Its a SAAS applicaiton Different login options , taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal. Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Cons

You can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected. You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing. Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created

Nathan from Automatiza.me

Industry: Consumer Electronics

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

This is the one I chose every single time. I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it. Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has. Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

Pros

There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

Cons

The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version. By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business. They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

Rhett from North American Health Care Inc.

Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks.

I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.

Pros

Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Cons

The only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)

Vin from Sahadi Fine Foods

Industry: Computer Networking

I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.

Overall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...

Pros

I am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.

Cons

I don't like that they eliminated the free version. I also feel they should allow file transfer when you have a Central account.

David from Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.

Pros

Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

Cons

It might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.

Brian from PLOS

Great RDP software

LogMeIn has been a great tool. It's a bit on the pricier side, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mobile apps also work really well!

Pros

This product works really well. It's really good at adapting to internet speeds, and it truly feels like you are sitting in front of the computer that you're trying to control. All of the restart options are also really nice.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard after restarting to know if it will turn back on or not. Lots of sitting around waiting anxiously.

Reasons for Choosing LogMeIn Central

I chose it because it was recommended to me and the trial we got worked out really well.

Chris from Big Splash Designs

I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.

It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.

Pros

LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Cons

The cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.

Paul from Allied Business Systems

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Our use with LMI/Central

We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

Pros

We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Cons

Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.

Dan from dmi Networking

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.

Pros

Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Cons

It's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.

Erika from Sirinc

Great product to use

Overall good experience got used to using it and now that we have also started to use connectwise automate have found that the tool has much more options than does LogMeIn. But it gets the job done.

Pros

I liked that after installing the install package it was easy to access the workstation with proper credentials.

Cons

The downside to this app is that it won't let you log right in, you have to have the correct credentials. If you try 5 times it'll lock you out for 5 minutes. I ended up in this situation many times and found it a bit frustrating. I understand the security aspect of it. But if we have made a connection with the workstation I would hope that it would recognize that and just allow the connection. Could useda more friendly file transfer.

Logmein Central - Go to for supporting customers servers

I use it daily to connect to my customers servers. Overall, we are pleased with it but losing mouse control on a virtual guest is kind of a pain that I wish wouldn't happen. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros

Easy to use Client, means you don't have to log on through the website everytime. Dual Authenication with secure code texted immediately to your phone.

Cons

When using it with Microsoft Hyper-V, if you connect the host and then go to a guest within the host, 10% of the time your mouse will stop working and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual guest. Kind of expensive You have to have the advanced version to be able to use file transfer. We found that too expensive for how much we use it so we dropped it.

Robert from Mountain Oak Mill

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Useful for remote access.

Great for remote access from home or other location.

Pros

Price is good for small office with limited computers. Works with all browsers that I have tried it with, although some better than others.

Cons

Not sure if it is caused by browser but sometimes it seems you have to perform additional installs to get it to load even if you have used same computer before.

Price and ease of use.

LogMein Review

Only one business problems have resolved using LogMein and that Is just using the software to get into the remote server of my client and assist in any issues they are having.

Pros

LogMein is a great vpn connect tool to use to quickly connect to a remote server and secure. LogMein web based application is great, functions and icons for the VPN tool is easy to read.

Cons

LogMein is proven to be a little challenging for me to use in the last 1 year or so; basically upon going to the web-based application for LogMein initial log in is great but then it will force me to download the LogMein. application directly on my PC, I do not have an option to utilize LogMein from the browser itself; after the download process, i then have to close the browser and start using the App on the PC, which is great but I wish developers for LogMein have a way to notify users about it.

Patrick from The McGowan Companies

Remote desktop software that empowers helpdesk teams.

Shadowing an end-user session from anywhere in the world is priceless. When a user cannot get on the network, but they can at least get on a webpage, you can LogMeIn to their machine and get them up and running in no time.

Pros

LogMeIn Central allows technical support specialists to view the end-users machine from anywhere in the world. You can transfer files, shadow their session, or share your desktop with them.

Cons

The multiple sub-tiers of the product are a bit confusing. LogMeIn Central... Central basic, Central Plus, Central, Premium. We have the middle level. Some of the articles LogMeIn has says features are available for Central, then at the bottom of the article is clarifies it is only for the Premium members.

Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech

A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

Pros

I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

Cons

I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

Jamey from San Diego Sports Medicine

Easy to use remote management with advance features

Pros

What I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.

Cons

What I like least about Central is when there is an error there is not an easy way to determine what processes are still trying to run and being able to cancel them after you submit your action. This is mostly pertaining to mass installation of the anti-virus software that comes with Central.

Eric from Medical Imaging Associates of Idaho Falls

Excellent tool for managing widely distributed devices.

We are a radiology medical practice that have radiologists working in three states. When they need support, all the users have to do is make a quick phone call and we can instantly provide support even though there are hundreds of miles away.

Pros

this tool provides reliable access to our far-flung network of computers and devices to enable us to provide instant, critical support as if we were sitting at the keyboard and monitor. The ability to run diagnostics and the logs right from the dashboard is extremely useful.

Cons

I think the cost is a little high in the pricing models could be adjusted a bit. However, as reliable and robust as the software has become I have no real complaints.

Mark from Parkway Corporation

LogMeIn Central

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.

Pros

The ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.

Cons

The only feature that I would like to see would be the ability to grant/deny remote access on a per user basis by time of day. For example, if someone only needs remote access during 8 AM - 5 PM, we should be able to deny access between 5PM-8 AM.

Tammy from Medical Management Consulting

Logmein provides easy remote access

This program is easy to use and can accomplish what most folks would want to use it for so I would recommend it for routine use.

Pros

This was easy to use and set up for 2 computers to access our server. I like the security of the access that it provides and the ability to define access of the user.

Cons

When trying to track employee work time I found it difficult with the information provided to determine if someone was actually accessing programs or just logged in. I need more details of tracking employee access than this was able to provide but we continue to use it for employees to work from home and remote in to our server.

Steve from Marino & Associates Consulting

Logmein Central Review

How us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues

Pros

It give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet

Cons

We feel the cost is higher then is should be. also the Captcha security, while good to have, can be an obstacle at times

Justin from CPI

Industry: Computer Networking

Logmein Review

Remote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.

Pros

I utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.

Cons

With the version of LogMeIn that I have and use, my only request would be the ability to transfer data between machines. copy and paste for text works between devices, however the ability to transfer documents or program files would be even greater.

brittany from San Diego Seafood/ La Mesa CPA

Remote in from any location

Pros

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

BRIAN from Information Technology and Services

Industry: Restaurants

Logmein great product fluctuating prices

Good experiences good quality. Removing features for smaller business is not a great idea. I know the logmein gets most of their money from large companies but why leave small business money on table. Stabilize prices and have lower tier logmein central rates 10 20 30 50 computer options.

Pros

Very easy to use, a lot of audit options and control of users.

Cons

They removed Black and white low bandwidth Many of our uses are due to low bandwidth connections. When performing emergency support color is not as critical as a faster connection. We are a small business and prices have fluctuated up small business need stability.

Bob from McEnroe Voice and Data

Alerts actually enhance customer interaction

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years, and it remains the most effective tool for remote support.

Pros

As a services provider for critical services (healthcare institutions and emergency call centers), we have been able to specifically tailor the alerts for processes that may stop, crash, or otherwise impact proper functioning of the systems. We are often able to react before the customer realizes an issue has occurred.

Cons

Competitive remote control offerings are less costly. However, the feature set offered, exceeds the capability of most other packages.

Juan from Knoah Solutions

The Best Remote Desktop App

This tool has been essential for remote IT work. It can help the team monitor, maintain, and manage any computer remotely without needing to let the other user notice. We used this software to transfer updated files into the drive to restrict the usage of unauthorized pages. It proved to be a very good work tool and I would recommend it to anyone that needs to do some IT work remotely.

Pros

It has everything you need to manage your computer remotely. It's very easy to use and it can help you transfer data without the need to log into the other computer and interrupt the user. I love how it helps you keep your computer under control without any complications.

Cons

What I don't like is the fact that it has an a annual price to pay to use it freely with all the features available.

Ray from All-In Staffing

This was a great addition to our company.

Great purchase and I would highly recommend.

Pros

We are a staffing agency and have multiple clients and employ 500 plus employees. LogMeIn allows us to log into computers outside of our location to view employee info, retrieve weekly hours, and communicate with our time clocks. This saves us time and money and allows us to communicate with our clients without leaving our office.

Cons

My personal opinion is that there aren't any Cons. This software saves our company valuable time and practically pays for its self with the travel time it saves.

Sherry from SkywayTools.com

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

Pros

I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

Aldo from PSK Supermarkets

Great speed and ease of use

Always been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!

Pros

When I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.

Cons

Been using LogMeIn for a very long time and I can't say that I've got anything negative to say, maybe when they dripped support for older OS's but that's on me, not them :)

Michael from Utility Tech Services, Inc.

Extend your reach

I have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.

Pros

LogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.

Cons

As a product it is pretty much perfect, at least for my needs. I can't think of anything that I would like to see change except that I would like to see the price come down a bit.

Dan from Jeroboam Group

LogMein Central

Pros

I used this product at my last job for over 2 years, it allowed me to access offices and desktops nationwide. I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's

Cons

The first issue is bandwidth is very important, especially if you are transferring files or data. Every one is awhile we had to log out of Central and then log back in due to the following, slowness, or unresponsiveness from remote PC.

Daniel from Buffalo Consulting and Technical Services

LogmeIn Central a business tool

We use the reporting and management tools provided to give us great access and ease of use to manage our clients servers and computers.

Pros

We utilize this for access to our clients servers and reports on their status. We use the power on tool and help give clients software support companies access to the server temporarily as needed.

Cons

When we give someone temporary access to a server the two factor authentication for these accounts we have to remember to turn it off. Wish we could do that in the settings when we create a temp account.

Great for Remote Service Work

Working in the commercial heating and air conditioning industry, it's vital to be able to connect to customer sites to troubleshoot issues when the arise. A lot of times, a fix can be as easy as changing a set point which could take hours to drive to do. This cuts the time to minutes.

Pros

This is an easy option for getting remote access into customer computers. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is I wish it were a bit cheaper. My company doesn't use or need all of the features. We only need remote access to a lot of computers

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

An easy way to see somoene else's screen without having to be there.

This has really made running our business more efficient. It is a great tool for training and really allows us to manage our time better. As they all say, time is money.

Pros

We use LogMeIn anytime someone is experiencing an issue on the computer that is difficult to describe over the phone. Logemein allows you to see exactly what they are seeing so that you can help identify which issues they are having. We are a storage facility and sometimes one of our partner problems wont' remember how to pull a certain report, or just can't spot what you are trying to describe to them over the phone. All you have to do is go the to the LogMeIn website, log in, they confirm and you can literally use your mouse and they can see exactly what you are doing. It is a huge timesaver. We also rent Penske trucks and this is a big lifesaver when another property is having issues non reving a truck or having reservation issues.

Cons

The only thing that is kind of a drag is sometimes there is a lag when you are trying to show something to someone and it can be a little glitchy. This has to do with different internet speeds and not with the software itself. I'm not sure how an issue like this would be remedied.

Douglas from Monical Pizza Corporation

LogMeIn all the way

With locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.

Pros

I love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.

Cons

Has issues at times when switching users in a remote system. Not a big deal as you can reload and continue very easily.

Essential Product for Remote Companies

Our IT department wouldn't be able to solve technical problems without LogMeIn since we're a remote team. But with this software, we're able to screen share, log in remotely, and even fix problems from across the country. It's a great tool and resource for any team.

Pros

As a remote agency, we probably couldn't function without LogMeIn. It's so helpful to easily and quickly remote log in to a computer and solve a problem. It's also great for screen sharing or for accessing another computer's local files or desktop apps for those who use multiple machines without having to go back and forth between them. This is a very smart product and it's cost effective, especially in terms of the solutions it provides.

Cons

We really have no cons regarding LogMeIn. There are cheaper competitors out there, but you get what you pay for, and LogMeIn definitely provides the best solutions, so it's worth a slightly higher cost.

Dave from Washington Prime

Industry: Restaurants

Couldn't work with so much ease if it weren't for LogMeIn

Overall my experience has been a breeze. Before I would do the constant run around gathering all my docs, but never again.

Pros

I can access my multiple PCs anytime I want, from anywhere. Before this you'd have to bring 5 laptops with you, email documents back and forth, etc... This is a crucial time saver.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about LogMeIn, it's an amazing product. They can't be blamed for me forgetting to turn on a computer, and THEN going to China and needing documents on it.

sofia from Pharmaceuticals

Very good tool to access your computer when you are not home..

Pros

I used Logmein for several years when it was free. I was able to access my computer from anywhere and resolve issues remotely with great efficiency. It would allow me to give support to my team at any time and from anywhere.

Cons

I stopped using it when they implemented charge for any user. Being a small business owner I had to check what else was out there. It was a great tool and helped me with my business but it wasn't an essential tool for my business success.

Susan from Public Defender

Industry: Law Practice

Log me in

Overall I like the product and would not switch to other competitors.

Pros

I have been using this software for about 18 years. When I first used it, it was free. They have since implemented a cost for this BUT they have also improved its capability as well. This product is versatile and solid. I use it nearly every day. Saves me money as well --no more driving to remote locations.

Cons

The rising cost. Over the years the % of cost increase is great.

Stephanie from Learning Tree International

Ease of Use and Customer Experience

We use this in our company for those who need access to a computer but need to use a personal computer to do so. This keeps our network secure.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Wants set up, the user can access his/her computer by logging into a web URL. The PC shows up listed for them and they simply click to remote to it.

Cons

Sometimes a bit overwhelming for the user if given too many options. Also, the installation process for a new machine can be a bit time consuming.