All Crew Control Reviews

Cindy

Reviewed April 2024

Crew Control is THE one stop shop for scheduling multiple crews.

We started using Crew Control over 3 years ago, and they continuously add new features and their price has remained stable. We have saved hours every week going from paper scheduling to using Crew Control. They actually listen to suggestions and criticism and strive to constantly improve . I can give an estimate, see that it is accepted, schedule the job, invoice it and take payment all from the same "job card". I was able to discontinue 2 software programs and just use Crew Control

PROS

Job scheduling is EASY! A flex area (something I haven't seen in other software) allows you to create a job and schedule it later. Then I can invoice them right from their job card. Crew Control also has competitive pricing on merchant fees, easily allowing payment right from their emailed/texted invoice or on the web. Everything is integrated - even the new Estimate feature - with no copying to another area. The support staff is phenomenal. They hold monthly online "office" hours with short tutorials of new features and a Q&A session. Feature requests are handled in a timely manner, and almost everything I have requested has been researched and added if possible. Each crew gets a dispatched schedule, and it can be changed on the fly - and admin always know where each crew is.

CONS

I can honestly say there isn't anything about the software or the support staff that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

Price and flexibility mostly. Also, Crew Control is a smaller company (a part of Aspire, but with a separate team) and therefore one gets more personal attention.

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

Although Thryv has a more powerful CRM, the integration of the invoicing and payment into the scheduling made it much more user friendly.

Cindy, Thank you for your enthusiastic review of Crew Control! We're thrilled to be your one-stop solution for scheduling multiple crews. Your appreciation for our flexible job scheduling, integrated invoicing, and competitive pricing is truly rewarding. We're committed to providing personalized support and promptly addressing your feature requests. It's been a pleasure serving you for over three years, and we're delighted to have streamlined your operations while saving you time and resources. Your feedback drives our continuous improvement efforts, and we're dedicated to delivering a seamless experience tailored to your needs. Thank you for choosing Crew Control as your scheduling partner. We're here to support you every step of the way.

Donnie

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Nimble and Communicative

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been nothing be amazing. He is constantly updating and improving. The amount of changes that have happened since I started using the program are insane. If you have an idea, a question, or a change or a better way of doing things, you can just reach out, and he will either walk you through the process, update the program, or figure out a better way to solve the problem.

PROS

I can see all of the jobs that I have, drag and drop them into the slots they need to go. It lets me have an eagle-eye view of the work that needs to be done, and with ease (on both desktop and mobile) plant that job where it needs to be. I can update on the fly, and dispatch quickly, and the changes are immediate. The crew doesn't get bogged down with notifications, the new schedule is just automatically on their devices.

CONS

Like all programs, they are only as good as the information you enter. It was timely entering all of our customer's jobs, but they solved the issue of having to enter all the individual customers by allowing you to pull from Quickbook's; so, that saved us a ton of time, and with their recurring job feature, you can set it and forget it on weekly/monthly/etc jobs. l

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

I was printing out the sheets everyday, going into the office, inevitably changes would have to be made, crews wouldn't show up, weather would change, etc, and then I would have to re-write the whole plan, plus I would have to be there physically. Now, I can operate from home or on the road, and the crew always has the most updated version of the schedule. My assistant can make changes, if a customer calls into our offices. If a customer has issues or pictures, we can upload those to the job, and it takes away any communication breakdowns.

Matthew

Reviewed August 2022

Great program

PROS

Schedule works great. Works well in mobile devices.

CONS

Invoicing/billing is very time consuming.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

Easy of use and scheduling

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

To streamline everything to one program.

Matthew, thank you for the honest review and specific feedback based on your experience. Our team is always interested in hearing about the user experience and how we can make improvements. Happy to see that you're having success with scheduling and using Crew Control on mobile devices. Please let us know if you're interested in a short conversation to share more detail with us! Thank you.

Replied August 2022

matt

Loving Crew Control

Absolutely fantastic! I would recommend and have recommended this to others. The text message alerts to customers as a reminder is what our customers like the best.

PROS

Price is excellent. The customer service is the best I have ever encountered. The options as the constant addition to new features is always a plus

CONS

There are some things that I look forward to having available with Crew Control but, they are always welcoming to suggestions.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

Price, and customer service. The ease of use and available features was a bonus.

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

customer service was terrible. Cost didn't match to service, when it worked!

Matt, Thank you for your glowing review of Crew Control! We're thrilled to hear you love our pricing and top-notch customer service. Your feedback on our text message alerts is much appreciated! We're committed to continuously improving and adding new features based on your suggestions. Thank you for choosing Crew Control over QuickBooks Online. We're here to provide you with the best service at an affordable price.

Shaunna

Happy Customer

My overall experience with Crew Control has been an A++. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who needs a customer database system for scheduling.

PROS

The [sensitive content hidden] of the company cannot stop raving about Crew Control. We have tried multiple databases and this is by far the best one we have used. It is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

CONS

There is nothing that I do not like about Crew Control.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

We chose Crew Control because it did everything that we needed a program to do at an affordable price.

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

We needed a more user-friendly database that did everything we needed it to do in one program. For example, we needed to be able to make customer schedules and send pre and post-notifications.

Dear Shaunna, Thank you for sharing your experience with Crew Control! We're thrilled to hear your team loves our user-friendly platform. Your A++ rating and recommendation mean a lot to us! We're glad Crew Control meets your needs at an affordable price. Thank you for choosing us as your scheduling solution.

Benjamin

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Functional

Overall, I've had a good experience with this program. It's made my planning and scheduling of the work much, much easier and quicker than the old pen-and-paper method I used to use. I no longer have to keep all the houses and scheduling in my head and now have a nice calendar view for all of our jobs to be done.

PROS

This service was exactly what I was looking for. I run a landscape maintenance company, and we provide weekly service to roughly 200 clients. This program allowed me to set up reoccurring job cards for each client, and allowed me to split the clients amongst my crews. I can easily see the progress of my crews throughout the day which is crucial for me. I also was looking for a program that would optimize the route for the day, to get my guys to the houses in the most efficient manner. I like the calendar view and the ability to easy move job cards between days or crews. I do a lot of shifting of schedules on the admin side, and it has all worked seamlessly for me. I no longer have to use excel to manage the schedule which has saved me a ton of time. I also like that the program allows my guys to leave notes and pictures on the job card for anything they see during their time at the house. I can then see these on the admin side and address them as needed.

CONS

I would like things to be a bit more customizable. There are various functions I would like to be able to do specific to the way I manage things that aren't possible with the current program. I would like an offline mode to be incorporated into the program as well. With everything operating on a website, if the guys don't have service at a house, the time won't log and it will sit on the job card window until they get service.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

It had the scheduling functionality and optimizing of routes that I was looking for.

Benjamin, Thank you for sharing your experience with Crew Control! We're delighted to hear that our service has been exactly what you needed for your landscape maintenance company. It's fantastic to know that Crew Control has streamlined your scheduling process and allowed you to efficiently manage your crews and client appointments. We're thrilled that features like recurring job cards, crew progress tracking, and route optimization have been instrumental in enhancing your workflow. Your feedback regarding customization options and offline functionality is duly noted. We're continuously working on improving our platform, and your insights help us prioritize our development efforts. We're honored to have earned your trust and to be your preferred scheduling solution. If you ever have further suggestions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Ellis

Lawncare asset

Our company's overall experience with Crew Control has been heaven sent. Prior to crew control we were all over the place trying to remember who we provided service to and tracking invoices. Now with Crew Control we don't worry about much of anything.

PROS

What we love about Crew Control is the ease of the software and the accessibility to the company. Whenever we needed help or had a question, a member from the company would promptly assist us.

CONS

The only cons that I found were the limited flexibility options when it came to messages allowed to send to customers.

Hey Ellis, Thank you for sharing your experience with Crew Control. We're delighted to hear that our software has provided your company with ease of use and accessible support whenever needed. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to providing prompt assistance to ensure your success with our platform. We appreciate your feedback regarding the flexibility options for messages sent to customers. We're continuously working to enhance our features and will consider your input as we strive to improve our platform to better meet your needs. We're thrilled that Crew Control has been a game-changer for your company, streamlining your operations and providing peace of mind. If you have any further suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Gary

Reviewed April 2024

Highly recommended product for landscapers and lawn care professionals.

PROS

Crew control makes communication with our clients simple uniformity. It allows our text in the field to alert our clients when they're in route or when their job has been completed. It helps us budget and save time on job sites and track performance of our staff. It allows us to send quick easy estimates from the field. House receiving payments in a timely fashion.

CONS

Anytime we have ran across a feature that we think would work better for our business we send in a future request they review it and if it is beneficial as a whole they make changes and updates to their site to help all customers so at this time we're currently is not something that we like the least about. Other than photos being more accessible to other crews in the field and staying with the property versus currently you have to download them from each site.

Dan

Great product for my Business

Wonderful will continue to use this product for my business

PROS

Easy for employees to use. can text their schedule to their phone

CONS

some of the set up can be difficult but with support help all good

Dan, Thank you for sharing your experience with our product! We're thrilled to hear that it's been a great fit for your business and that your employees find it easy to use. We understand that some aspects of the setup process can be challenging, but we're glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you effectively. We're committed to providing ongoing support and ensuring that our product meets your needs. We're delighted that you plan to continue using our product, and we look forward to serving you and your business in the future. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Leslie

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Amazing Product

PROS

keeping my crews on track in real time

CONS

hours on site re sometimes hard to track

Leslie, Thank you for your review of Crew Control! We're thrilled to hear you find our product amazing for keeping your crews on track in real time. We appreciate your feedback regarding the tracking of hours on site. Your input helps us improve our service. Thank you for choosing Crew Control. We're here to support you and your crews every step of the way.

Carly

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Crew Control Review

Our organization is much more productive and organized thanks to Crew Control

PROS

Organized, professional way to communicate with our crews and direct individuals to where we need them. Very user friendly and convenient.

CONS

It would be beneficial to have more friendly reminders for the guys to remember to clock in/out of a job, like a reminder text that they haven't done it after the estimated amount of time designated. Testing ability or troubleshooting options for the employees that simply do not receive the text messages.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

We chose crew control due to timely availability and ease of use. We were able to roll it out immediately for use in the field.

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

Single ops was not as user friendly and had more requirements of use.

Carly, thank you for a taking the time to share specifics in your review. It really does help us better understand our customers. So glad to know Crew Control has helped your org become more productive and organized and that everyone is finding it easy to use. Excellent suggestions and ideas around reminders and job tracking features. We'll be sure to share it with our product team and you can always connect with us to share more. Thank you.

Replied August 2022

Will

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Excellent program for large and small companies.

Started with Crew control when the founder/creator would still answer the phone for tech support or to setup new clients so we pretty much got into crew control at its inception and have been happy to still continue to use it now that it's a larger company and program. We grew with it just as it grew with us.

PROS

Crewcontrol has been a very easy program to set up, use from day to day on both the field and admin sides, and is priced very very well. It has a lot of good features and not many if any that are not needed to keep it easy to use and not confusing.

CONS

Some of the quickbooks synching could be quicker or better. New customers that get added into Crew control dont always appear in a timely manner in quickbooks. Some minor usability issues between the two programs.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

Price was a big factor. Ease of use and a minimalistic approach so that there weren't too may options or features that would confuse new users, etc. Ease of use.

Hi Will - Thank you so much for the great review and for being such a fantastic, long-term customer. So fun to learn how you and the business have grown with Crew Control. We're always listening to customers for feedback, so don't hesitate to connect with us. Thank you!

Replied March 2023

Michal

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

User Friendly Software

When i made first contact with the company there was never a time that I felt pressure to purchase. I loved the fact they truly want to hear my feed back. The personal attention and feed back was priceless. This company truly knows Landscapers/Snowplowers needs and the functional system needed to run a successful day with multiple crews and hundreds of Clients.

PROS

I like how simple the software is to use. There was less than five minutes of training with our employees. I liked the fact that we did not have to purchase any equipment all we have to do to dispatch is to send a text message to the crew leader's own cell phone and they would have their work orders for the complete day. I like the fact its in real time so you can see what your crews have completed through out the day and you can add and take away work order through out the day as changes come in. I don't have to interrupt our employee's production to discuss change in their day the software does all that for you.

CONS

I can not think of one thing about the software that I dislike.

Reason for choosing Crew Control

The simplicity and how easy the software is to operate. User Friendly and the friendliness of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a hug selling point for me. I knew that once I signed up I would not be left on my own but would have the free tech support if needed. The software is so simple to operate the there is very little reason to need tech support but is great to know its always there.

Game Changer!

Routing, Scheduling, seeing jobs completed and billable before the crews even punch out for the day.

PROS

The software has been wonderful for scheduling and routing. It has also streamlined the billing and works seamlessly with Quickbooks. It allows us the ability to look at the schedule and move jobs around which the crews can see from their device also. I have tried other software programs in the past and this one has been by far the easiest to use. For us, this has been great. The tech support is like none other I have ever experienced. Emails have been returned within minutes. Phone calls are ALWAYS answered. Constantly updating the software from feedback from users.

CONS

Nothing that we dislike at all. I wish we would have purchased sooner!

Reasons for switching to Crew Control

Other programs too complicated and too much data entry.

Louis

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

1. The software allows me to modify schedules to meet customer change requests or weather delays. 2. The ability for crews to see next day work from the current day dispatch text allows them to start on next day tasks if time allows. 3. Customer support is very responsive and professional

PROS

The ability to Drag & Drop Jobs from different crews within a work week.

CONS

Crew Control does not have a Monthly View Function

Reason for choosing Crew Control

Overall cost plus the ability to utilize certain functions' without total software integration. Several programs require utilization of some functions like invoicing which we don't utilize Some competitors base product use on user revenue which are not necessarily dependent on each other.

Hi Louis, Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear your finding Crew Control easy to use and enjoy the drag and drop functionality. Your comment on a monthly view function will be shared with the team. Stay tuned for future updates, feedback like yours is what improves our software.

Replied April 2021

Kyle

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Scheduling is a breeze

I would say my overall experience has been very good especially when I used to manage multiple crews. The pictures can be seen in real time that a crew will take on a job site and send through the app.

PROS

I used to be against the online software management and used the ole pen and paper for everything. I saw this software in a industry magazine and decided to give the free trail a try. I am so glad I made the move as this has made management tasks easier than before. No more paper trail to go through trying to find information on clients.

CONS

I wish the customer service sometimes had a live person to call instead of through chat. With always on the go running a business. a phone conversation can be easier than chat.

Kyle, we are glad to hear that the Aspire platform has made task management much easier for you. Thank you for your continued partnership and trust.

Replied February 2024