All Service Autopilot Reviews

Aaron

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2017

Everything you can think of with more on the way!

This software is incredibly powerful! We are trying to get our money's worth out of it by utilizing more and more of the features, but there is so much more we can do with it that we're not doing. Customer support is incredible! I chatted with customer support about an issue (after waiting in queue for a whole 15 seconds), and a week later, I got a hand-written card in the mail thanking me for my patience and my business. We used to keep paper route sheets and proposals. We went to mobile app use and eliminated the route sheets and were able to translate jobs directly to invoices! We were taking 2 days to invoice and when we set the system up properly, it went to just a bit over a day to complete all of our invoices! Then, we moved from typed up proposals to using templates and rate matrices through the system and clients can sign the actual proposal right online, two clicks of a button and the jobs are scheduled (work-order notes and all) and then it auto invoices. Everything stays in the system and is easily accessible from anyone in the field! i.e. "Did Mrs. Jones sign up for a fall cleanup? Let's check the system to see which services she accepted on her proposal." or "When were we here last? Just touch "Job History" and it shows the last year's worth of visits. This has saved countless hours and makes our business so much more professional; "Mr. Smith, I just got a note and a picture here from one of our techs in the field, he was just there and the note says there was a car parked in front of the back yard gate so he could not get in, we can come back tomorrow." One of the challenges is getting a handle on every little feature of the app. The Snow Plowing dispatch is packed with features and it can be just the slightest bit complicated. But once we get the hang of it (like every other part of their system), we will be that much more efficient, professional, and PROFITABLE! Well worth the money! Put your SERVICE on AUTOPILOT!

PROS

Robust reporting allows me to see things like "revenue per lead source" and "actual time/budgeted time", job costing, payroll, sales commissions, lead conversion rates and much, much more. A seamless process that takes Lead to proposal to contract to job to invoice to payment to receipt of payment to thank-you note! Targeted marketing and targeted cross-selling with "Sales Campaigns". Mobile dispatch that allows for constant communication between office staff and technicians in the field. Asset management and tracking. Mobile signature and payment on invoices and proposals make quick sales and quick payment possible. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

CONS

A bit of a learning curve because of all the awesome features. There are videos that are incredibly helpful, they just take some time to get used to.

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Working out soms kinks

This totally eliminates paper route sheets. Helps with end-of-month billing streamlining although not perfect.

PROS

Auto billing, tracking of jobs dispatched, dispatching jobs, APp for foreman works well, work tracking, time tracking are good

CONS

Has issues with QuickBooks sync, has some glitches when it comes to adding jobs in the field, very little mobile capability from an owner stand point

Reason for choosing Service Autopilot

They seemed to have more of the features I needed.

Used free trial

Reviewed May 2014

Do not purchase waste of time and money

Hello I started with service auto Piliot in March 2014. I had extremely high hopes and what they offer or said they offer I thought was exactly what was needed to run business. Wow was I wrong and they are a joke. I paid $108/ month for March April May. I cancelled end of May. Called Credit card company and disputing charges for fraud. They stated for fee a website they would build. I had info to them in 5 days of sign up on March 8. May 27 I finally was able to review the website. Let's say I had 5 people provide opinions. 1 said ridiculous a 4 year old could do better. 2 just stated you have been had. Get money back.your site is a joke. The last called me in such disgust and wanted the company information cause he felt they were a fraud of a company and wants to make sure this happens to no one else. The site stated we mowed lawns and next sentence asked to call to have swim pool opened. One area stated to check out our lawn care services and then listed swimming pool services. The pictures and format is something from th 80's. I do have screen shots and they stated its first one with this new format. I tell you this site would not have been acceptable for any company and back in times when we all used dial up. It was that sub par. The accounting services. I watched what felt like hours of videos and you will cause its set up that way. The gentleman who does them rambles on and on says the same thing over and over and what he accomplished in 19 min of video He could have done in 5. I spent hours and hours learning and finished criteria they ask you to do so you can have your one on one training session with a tech. I asked so many times to get my one on one I was begging by May. Each Time a new video of step to complete. I finally screamed I am paying for this I will sign a form if I waste my one on one training phone call I will not ask for another one. ( they stated they do not do the one on one training unless you complete certain steps cause they do not want you to waste) That did not work and no one on one. I can go on and on. It looks to me like they have a great base system and now are using it to make money to figure out how to implement to different fields of work. They offer websites and have no clue how to make one and the wording was poorly done. I beg of all you business owners. I truly wanted this to work. I sent clients letters raving about our new system, client portal and website. I wasted 3 months and now have to start over

From Jonathan (CEO & Co-Founder): We refunded 100% of Chris's money. Both myself and our team tried numerous times to reach Chris by phone & email to make this right. Chris is absolutely correct. The website we built for him was a complete joke. It was 100% our fault. An individual on our team (no longer with us) put zero effort in to it and called it a finished product. We did not charge for the website it was free as part of a bundle promotion. However, our inability to deliver a quality website understandably tainted his entire experience with Service Autopilot. We offer free 1 on 1 training. We ask that members first spend 30 minutes learning the basics of SA. We do have numerous long videos for those that want all the details. But we also have over 300 videos 3 minutes or less. We absolutely offer free 1-on-1 training, unlimited free webinars and unlimited free phone support. We always have. Please read my full response here: http://goo.gl/d2Sdkz

Replied January 2015

Kate

Reviewed April 2022

Quite a Learning Curve, but an All-in-one Solution?

Service Autopilot (SA) is the hub of the entire business as it contains all lead, client, and employee information.  All the business’ services are scheduled and dispatched through Service Autopilot.  The technicians use the SA app to receive their jobs notes and punch in and out of their jobs.  Cleaning estimates and invoices are distributed through SA.  We use the reporting feature to pay Sales Tax and keep our eye on Key Performance Indicators.  SA is our Customer Relationship Management tool used for email marketing and chat messaging.  We also use automations in Service Autopilot to send reminders before cleanings, after-job quality surveys, and client onboarding emails.

PROS

Service Autopilot is the hub of the entire business as it contains all lead, client, and employee information.  The automations are a huge step up for productivity and ease of systems.

CONS

Service Autopilot is not easy to use or set up. It is less intimidating if you are the kind of person that likes to jump into a new software and just poke around. There are so many aspects that even once you know the basics, there is always something to tweak in the workflow. Unfortunately, after SA was purchased by Clearent (a credit card merchant) a couple of years ago, the customer service and general functioning has gone downhill. There are often slow days (everything slow to load) while working in the software that make it unusable for a period of time. They also have a closed API and so don't integrate with other programs. There is a version 3 in the works for a couple of years now (always beta, not complete), but it seems less intuitive and worse laid out than version 2.

Brad

Construction, 11-50 employees

Amazing Software

Started using this software 5 years ago when I created this new landscape, lawn maintenance and irrigation business. Wanted to have a solid foundation for scaling up and this was the perfect solution. Before this I used four other software programs and nothing even compares to the ease of use and multitude of features Service Autopilot offers. One great example is our irrigation winterizing and spring turn on list. We have about 300 clients and it only takes an hour or so to sort them and schedule them for the appropriate day. We never miss a client because we have them set up in a "package" that automatically generates the routing and jobs are broken out by neighborhood. As soon as the irrigation technician completes the job on their mobile, it generates an invoice and we have it sent out via email at the end of the day. Sometimes our clients get their invoices before they come home and realize the service has been completed. Just the time savings alone on this project is worth the Service Autopilot cost. Before it would take 15 hours or so to organize the jobs and multiple hours just to enter and send out the invoices. Also, the techs can take pictures and leave notes for the office for repair follow ups that are attached to the job.

PROS

Absolutely wonderful for repeat maintenance jobs and one time jobs. We never miss any billing because the employees only go to places on their mobile schedules.

CONS

It is a little cumbersome on large multi-day landscape projects. They do have a "Projects" option for these types of jobs. I even printed out the instructions on how to use it but it's not as easy and intuitive as the rest of the software.

Jason

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Service-Software Dominant Player

Service Autopilot has not just been another CRM to hold customer information and track sales. As a $5MM+ service company with a database of over 55k contacts and their related records, choosing the right software company to transition to was very critical. We had long outgrown our previous CRM and until Service Autopilot we had almost given up on finding a real solution that would fulfil our needs to help us continue to grow and improve our system in the process. Service Autopilot has brought the whole spectrum of a service business together in an easy-to-use format for us. From incoming leads to re-marketing to previous customers and everything that happens in between Service Autopilot is a complete solution that saves times, increases efficiencies and pays for itself. Their awareness of the swift technological changes, attentiveness to member's needs and rapid/timely upgraded solutions is what separates them as the dominant player in the service-software market. In addition, everyone from the support staff to the leadership team of Service Autopilot has proven to be extremely receptive and helpful to provide answers and solutions to its member's needs. This is one of the most valued partnerships we have ever established and are looking forward to a long-lasting relationship as we both grow together.

PROS

The fact that it seamlessly moves every activity of a lead from one phase to the next, from an incoming lead generated through an advertising campaign all the way through the sales process, follow-up, scheduling, invoicing, payment to re-marketing and upselling.

CONS

The reporting has admittedly been their weakness, but they have recently dedicated more resources to improving and adding reports as requested and needed.

Reviewed November 2022

Service Autopilot Review

I've had a very pleasant experience with Service Autopilot. The software was easy to set up, easy to train new staff on use of the software and Service Autopilot makes my business run more smooth so that I can take care of more customers.

PROS

This software is very user friendly and easy to pick up on as a new hire. The software has great customer support tool and support videos that walk you through a process or function step by step. Service Autopilot is a great task manager software for our staff to use with their mobile devices and our office to use on their desktops. This flexibility allows us to complete our work in the field and in the office with no interruptions or loss of information.

CONS

I wish the automations feature of Service Autopilot was as user friendly to set up. Setting up up automations takes some practice and some training whereas all the other Service Autopilot features are simple to set up and carry out. This would be my only complaint about the software.

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for the wonderful testimonial! We will share your automation feedback with our team, and please feel free to reach out to us for assistance. We're always happy to help!

Replied November 2022

Kirk

Life Long Heavy User of Service Autopilot

Superb. We have looked at other software alternatives and nothing can touch SA in terms of comprehensive capabilities, flexibility and automations. The price is outstanding for all of the funcionality.

PROS

We completely run the business using Service Autopilot. Without it I would have to hire at least two more office staff and shudder at the thought of all the mistakes that we would potentially make since SA does a lot of our work automatically.

CONS

I really wish I could build custom reports easily.

Reason for choosing Service Autopilot

Way more functionality and the most comprehensive suite of services. Training and customer service has been outstanding too. The addition of automations has literally saved me the cost of adding another person in the office. The total functionality takes the place of at least two additional people that would be needed in the office without it.

brad

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

SA user for many many years

PROS

This is a wonderful product that keeps the business running smooth.

CONS

It is very complex and you need to study the software to get really good at it.

Thank you, Brad, for your feedback! SA is a robust software with tons of amazing features! If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help. Thank you for being a part of the SA family!

Replied November 2023

Reviewed November 2017

Overall, we like the price / feature / values and have been using several years.

PROS

It does the most of the basics and has an awesome upside. Like the cloud based, the vision of it, and potential to make a huge difference. The customer service is pretty good and responsive.

CONS

It is somewhat buggy but had gotten a lot better. They work on it a lot to improve. The reports have a lot to be desired. It would be nice to have ToDo and Job notifications / texts based on time / date. Tracking and feedback on suggestions for improvements and requests would be nice.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

If you want to be aggravated buy this program

I plan on changing after this landscaping season

PROS

The map measure feature works well. Everything in one place

CONS

The integration to Quickbooks on line always has issues balance between programs are always wrong. There is no consistentce between functions. Instead of helping manage my business I spend my day managing the software. The issues with this program would take me all day to list. Then they try and sell you additional stuff when the current stuff does not work right. Here is one example if you pause a customers service from the Master job but the job was already dispatched it would still go out to the field even though the Master job was on pause.

Reason for choosing Service Autopilot

Salesman sold me a bill of goods but most was untrue

Reasons for switching to Service Autopilot

I was looking for everything in one place

Raemah

Going Down Hill

Customer service used to be good, they answered the phone! Now they want on line chat and don't answer the phone; you have to leave a message. A few times, my call wasn't returned. Or, they call back after hours even if you let them know you are in a different time zone. They say they will look into issues (bugs) but I never see anything change. I don't like being told to watch a video to learn how to do something. I'm getting very discouraged and am thinking about moving to another software

PROS

We keep track of up to 1,000 clients a year. I like the dispatch board for keeping track of clients.

CONS

- Dispatch board was recently cut to a 90 search feature, we need at least a year to help keep track of all our jobs - SLOW response time! The system has slowed to a crawl; very frustrating - Reporting is difficult to use - Templates are limited - Font sizes do not match the number chosen (14 pt is not a 14 pt or a font size is not even available) - Tickets were added, don't know what they are but they get created when we didn't want one - History list on client page was changed and is now way too long - Have to go to another tab to find out if an email was received, it used to be on the client page I could to on and on about all the features they have changed over the years that have actually made it more cumbersome to use. I have thought about leaving for some time, not sure how it would be to get all my information to another vendor

Reason for choosing Service Autopilot

Quick Books integration Reviews said it was the Cadillac of the Landscape Software

Davis

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Overall good software but hard to implement and going downhill

PROS

This software has more features than any platform like it. It can do everything from basic scheduled to automation that others have to buy as a separate project.

CONS

The company was bought by a credit card processing company and has started to go downhill pretty fast as it becomes clear they bought the company to have captive clients for their credit card system not to run a good software company which is a shame as it used to be a great company.

Reason for choosing Service Autopilot

Best combination of features and value.

Far more functionality

Hi Davis, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would love to connect with you and gain a better insight into any inconvenience you may be experiencing. We're happy to help!

Replied August 2022

Andy

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

From a few clients to a thousand, this CRM software will change your business!!

My overall experience with Service Autopilot was good, it just didn't provide everything I needed as we transitioned more into pest control.

PROS

I really liked the ability to communicate with my clients and the expansive user interface.

CONS

The main con was that there was no way to integrate the current weather conditions into my reports.

Pricing and no contract

Thank you, Andy, for your feedback. We will be sure to share this with the team. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions about anything. Thank you for the great testimonial!

Replied August 2022

Ines

Reviewed September 2019

Great Software Some Caveats

Overall a good software with some excellent people in the company. They just need to slow down enough to ensure transitions from other software is done accurately, focus on service and resolving known issues before adding more features. I would choose this software again.

PROS

- Automations (sending automated messages for marketing/collection etc.) - Automated arrival preferences (again, part of what they call Automations -Able to text clients from software - Setting up To Do's for employees - One report - Job Costing - has potential to make price increase easier to evaluate for under-performing accounts - Time saved entering leads

CONS

- Closed API - so make sure you want to own and be owned by this one software - Not able to get support on your schedule (wait for a call back which may happen when you can't take the call) - Fast growth and race to add features seems to have created a back log on issues - Can't open a client account right from the calendar - Issues with the Quickbooks Online synch - Scrolling through a client's receivables is wonky (you have to click to load more transactions)

Reasons for switching to Service Autopilot

System was desktop and antiquated with limited support.

Keith

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

Handles an unlimited amount of clients, jobs and employees.

I was first attracted to this company because they are very experienced in my line of work and do understand what we need from a very hands on point of view. There attitude toward customer service has taught me a lot about what it take to keep clients happy and coming back for more.

PROS

The dispatch board is laid out so you can customize the view you need of your work by client, status, resources assigned etc. It allows you to read notes and see pictures from the field in real time and correspond with your supervisors efficiently. The custom invoice templates are great and the fact that it syncs with Quick Books has reduced the time we spend billing customers. The Client screens allow us to keep track of every estimate, service and communication. Service Autopilot is capable of retain detailed info about each property and all job history. The training videos are great and the help staff is very polite and patient when you call with questions.

CONS

There is not much to dislike about Service Autopilot. It has been a little slow, but since it is cloud based software it could be my ISP or something else. They have made great improvements in this area.

renee

Service Autopilot Makes Crew Management A Breeze

We started using Service Autopilot in January 2016. Service Autopilot has been a wonderful tool for streamlining the maintenance aspects of our business from scheduling to billing. The integrated mapping service makes it a breeze to modify existing routes. Scheduling changes are accomplished with just a few clicks. I love the budgeted vs actual job hours feature as it allows us to see which jobs and or crews are most profitable. My favorite feature is that billing is literally done with the push of a button. No more long weekends or translating spreadsheets to send out invoices! The mobile app has been an invaluable tool for logging labor in real time and tracking crew location. I love the United States based customer service. The Service Autopilot customer support unit is always courteous and knowledgeable. Additionally, there are online training videos available which are always continually updated. Service Autopilot made implementation of their software as easy as possible with their extremely helpful and patient launch and implementation staff. I look forward to learning more features of Service Autopilot to help make our company even more profitable in 2017! Renee Linkner Lawnovations Office Manager Tulsa OK

PROS

Dispatching Crew Management Mobile Reporting

Jerred