• Pros

• "Easy to use. Great customer service. Wonderful people run this company."

• "Easy to use, great customer service, great value"

• "This software does everything I need it to. I'm still learning about it but I really like it so far! Love the subscription billing too!"

• Cons

• "The app is user friendly, however takes some time to sit down and understand all the things that it has to offer."

• "The only thing that I maybe don't like is the area related to dog training is not as expansive as the daycare, boarding and grooming. But it works well for what we need, just not as complete."

• "Some of the navigation of the software can be a pain but with the steady stream of updates these are usually squashed right away. "

Browse PetExec Reviews

Amber from Wagz Pet Market and Grooming

Great way to keep track of daily grooming activities

Helps us run a smooth grooming salon by keeping all of our info organized and in one place that's easy to access.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You set your own prices for breeds but can still vary them if needed according to each individual dog. Can easily track my commission to see what I am making everyday too.

Cons

Could have more features to make everyday groomer life easier, like text confirmations and pickup reminders.

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

Just to try something new

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Amber, Thank you very much for your feedback on the PetExec system. We strive to make the system flexible and efficient so that you can do what you love to do! Work with your pet guests. =) We do offer an additional add on to your system called PetSnaps Messaging which is a more robust texting plan. With this plan, you can have 2 way texting with your pet parents, images can be texted, and you can send out text reminders. Please check out the details on this link (https://www.petexec.net/purchase-petexec/image-sms-texting) and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us in live chat (the awake puppy icon on your dashboard).

Donna from Lush Puppy Pet Resort

My experience with Pet Exec

The ability to print reports with just about anything you can think of, easy to navigate around and the sms feature.

Pros

This software does a lot of things that we used to have to do physically, so it saves us a lot of time and we can keep in touch with our clients easily. It is also easy to read and teach to other employees.

Cons

I would like to see a way to see the purchase histories easier when making a reservation...the somewhat new feature shows the last time anything was purchased, which is misleading because the last time a client purchased might be just a deposit for a boarding.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Pet Exec is easier to navigate

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

We needed something to do more than the old software could do.

Response from PetExec

Replied June 2020

Donna, thank you for your review of PetExec. We are so happy that you like the reports and communication options! We continually strive to provide reporting and features which help your business efficiencies! Thanks so much for being part of our pack/family!

Tom from Beds Bones and Biscuits

Industry: Facilities Services

Feature Loaded

It does everything you need to do with running a pet daycare business. Keeps track of everything and once learned, everything you need to know is at your disposal. I maintain spreadsheets with all our data, scheduling, and billing, customer lists, etc. but it really isn't necessary. I would compare it to Quicken but specifically for pet boarding and daycare businesses.

Pros

Keeping track of pets' coming and going. Billing and invoicing features are excellent, as well as scheduling. Calendars that display bookings are great. Daily, weekly, or monthly views at a click. Extreme detail in customizing for your own needs is very good. The learning curve is not bad. I was comfortable with most of the program after a few months. We have it 4 years and now it's second nature. The documentation is very good. If you dig, you can usually find what you are looking for as far as a feature, or some new process you're looking to add. Customer service is excellent. Questions or problems posed are answered right away. Even on off days, or holidays I've received responses to queries.

Cons

We were just starting out when we acquired the software, so integration into the business wasn't a concern. I really can't come up with any cons to the software as I don't have another to compare it to. In 4 years they had one glitch, a server problem that cost a weekend of downtime and some data loss, but otherwise has been extremely reliable.

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Tom! Thank you for your review! We love working with you and appreciate having you in our PetExec family!

SB from Wagmore Canine Enrichment

Good software but cumbersome navigation

Pros

The best thing I could say about PetExec is that once you understand how to use the software its pretty easy to navigate. You get it the information to the developers and they set it up which is a better experience than I've had with other software companies. Receiving payments, adding customer credit, reviewing purchase history and future schedules are available which is really helpful in everyday use. Customer support for this software is phenomenal! They have a chat option once you log-in and you can ask the agent any question about how to find something and you'll have an answer within minutes if not seconds. That is probably by far the best feature of this software--I don't need to use it often but when I do its really nice to have it available. Also, they have documentation available on how to find things or do things in PetExec.

Cons

A downside to using PetExec is that completing an action in the software takes a lot of clicks and uses multiple screens. All of the pet, client, booking, etc. information are all on a different pages and to get to those pages its not as simple as clicking a button which is unfortunate and can complicate things when you're speaking to a customer and they need to check out and want information about their account. You cannot just look at a customer page and have all of the information available you have to find where that information would be then click on a link that will take you to another screen that will have a button that can take you to another screen that actually has the information you need. The software in general is not very intuitive but it does have mostly everything you need.

Lisa from Woofington

PetExec

Software functions well. We like the way it looks and scorecards are easy to read

Pros

Easy to learn and fairly easy to navigate

Cons

The Scheduled Revenue Reporting is completely inaccurate because it's based on a "per night" charge when 100% of the pet industry is paid when the dog checks out at the end of their stay. For example, the scheduled revenue for 4/5/21 in PE was $2372.30. ACTUAL revenue on 4/5/21 was $16,292.75 because 17 dogs checked out that day. Makes it virtually impossible to do any forecasting accurately and seems like an easy "fix" for PE. Create an option for scheduled revenue to be based on check out date, instead of nightly, since we do not realize any income until check-out. Also, when scheduling a grooming or daycare (through boarding), having to re-enter the times for pick-up and drop-off every single time is ridiculous when the time had already been chosen. If we skip this extra step, the pet parent receives a confirmation email with incorrect (default to 3:00AM) times. Just a completely wasted extra step and makes us look bad if it gets missed. We also used to be able to see confirmation emails that went to clients and now can no longer see those. So, if a client said they didn't have an appointment for grooming, we no longer have that email as proof.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Price and seemed easy to use.

Cori from The Elegant Pooch

Great Product and Exceptional Customer Service

Overall, this is an outstanding product and I am more than happy with it. The people I've worked with from the company are all very kind and I honestly don't even use all the features available. I will be contacting Petexec to help me start utilizing some of the other features now that I know this is the product I'm sticking with. They are always updating and adding new features and always listen to their packs ideas and feedback. Love them!

Pros

I love the fact that I am able to use this product from anywhere i am with anything. I've used it from my phone while chatting with a client and while on vacation. I can access it anywhere i am and make changes or look up any information that I need. The old software was hard to fix mistakes and customer service was the worst. This software is easy to fix and if i have trouble I can easily contact customer service using one of several methods. They are quick to help and very kind. They don't outsource their customer service to other countries!

Cons

We are mainly grooming and the commissions for my groomers is sometimes off because it won't show for the day the pet was groomed. It shows the commission on the day the owner paid. If a boarding dog leaves on Monday but was groomed on Saturday then it won't show on Saturday's commission. This is annoying but I always double check and do things old school with a paper book as well so I still manage to get the payroll correct. It would be nice if tips could be split between groomers as well. But I work around that, too.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

I liked what I read about them and felt this product would suit me best.

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

My computer crashed. It wasn't backed up and I wasn't going to try to put it all back on with k9 Bytes. I can't understand their service reps and it takes them hours and even days just to fix one thing because they don't know how and end up messing everything up even more.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Thank you Cori! We absolutely love working with you. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our system to accommodate the varying needs. We do review the features requests and that helps us decide the priorities for our packmates. Thank you for being such a wonderful member of our pack!

Meredith from Pets & Company

Best Cloud Based Kennel Software Around!

PetExec makes maintaining your client, pet and financial records simple. It allows our business to run smoothly and efficiently, it's also easy for our clients to use saving our staff time. The available reports make it easy to analyze your income, services and occupancy providing crucial information to understand what is working and not working in your business.

Pros

What I love the most about PetExec is that it has been around for almost 20 years, the developers work in our industry and truly understand the needs of kennel and daycare businesses. Their dedication to our industry and to their clients is their top priority. They are constantly making improvements and take client feedback seriously, they also integrate with a phenomenal credit card processor who truly cares about your bottom line not theirs.

Cons

So far I do not have any complaints, everything is to my satisfaction.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

PetExec's long business history, dedicated owners and credit card processor are why we chose them. We believe they are a company that will maintain its integrity.

Response from PetExec

Replied November 2019

Thank You Meredith! It is our pleasure to serve your amazing business

Marc from K-9 to Five Doggy Playcare & Spa

So Many Features!

Overall experience is very good. The software helps us manage so many different moving pieces of the business, I don't know what we would do without it.

Pros

Love the fact that Pet Exec has features for nearly every piece of our business. Daycare, Grooming, Retail & Inventory Management, Time-keeping & Payroll, Client Management & Communication, it's all there. After almost 4 years of daily use, I'm still discovering new and useful features. Customer support is great and the Pet Exec team is constantly working on improvements to better serve our changing business. Intuitive and easy to learn, I HIGHLY recommend this software!

Cons

would like to be able to separate out types of clients for targeted emails better and would like software better integrated with our Clover POS - esp in terms of emailing receipts.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made me feel very comfortable with this software, the company and their mission. Also liked the fact I could "try before you buy" to get a feel for the way things wrok.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Marc! Thanks so much for giving us this review. Our aim is to make our packmates like you extremely happy! It is also a huge goal of ours to make sure that our prospective packmates discern, with the correct information, that we are a good fit for their facilities. We appreciate all of your feedback. -)

Nicole from The Yuppie Pup

Dog Boarding Only

I feel like it does everything I need from Boarding to Daycare to products. It does make life easier.

Pros

This software has made my life easy. I like the automated reminders to clients about boarding and I love the ease of booking and changing reservations as needed. It takes the stress out of what we do.

Cons

Because I'm only boarding and sometimes daycare, there is a lot that this software does that I don't do. I wish that when signing up, getting help to set it up would have been a free service. When you're starting a business there are a thousand things you must pay for and it's overwhelming. So I feel like what I'm using could be streamlined better, but I'm not a Pet Exec genius to be able to set it up myself. I just did the best I could. Or after 3 years or more of using the product that we would earn free help to really set it up right.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

It's been awhile now, but I think i just liked the calendar view and the ease of using it. I honestly can't remember what the other's looked like now.

Greg from Atlanta Dogworks

Industry: Veterinary

PetExec Changed the Way We Do Business!

Overall, very positive! Let's hope pele start travelling again!

Pros

Online reservations have streamlined our sales and allowed us to feature our additional services.

Cons

There learning curve has been a little difficult. We'd like to see an option for coupons.

Paula Mostetler

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

Clientrax specializes in veterinary clinics. We're a kennel. We needed more options.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Greg! Our hope is that the economy can fully open up over time! Thank you for being one of our amazing packmates. We appreciate you! Come on into our live tech support chat and our wonderful team can help you to troubleshoot and provide options to you for using coupons in the system for your pet parents. We are here to help!

Beverley from Confident Canines Ltd

Couldn't Imagine my Business Without PetExec

I've tried other software trials and worked from good old fashion pen and paper and honestly could not imagine changing to another software. Everything from the customer support to the functionality is simple and hassle free. I love it!

Pros

PetExec makes the day to day running of my dog daycare and training business a breeze. The reports, customization, tracking of receivables, email capabilities and so much more allow me to effectively and efficiently run my business.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can say about this software. Every time I think they don't have something I need, they update the software to make it even better.

Functionality, cost and support

Functionality and cost.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much Beverley! We are thankful to have you in our pack/family!

Pat from Dog Dayz of California

Best Software for Pet Care Services

Best investment I made upon starting my business. Feel like I got luck, because now there are many competitors out their trying to pull us away from PetExec, but NONE of them can come close to the ease and customer service that we've experienced for 10 years with them.

Pros

Not only easy to use for multiple users, multiple locations but customer service like no other regardless of industry. These are the hardest working people I've ever met in my life long career in business. They truly love what they do and very much proud of what they've built.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Cloud based, well designed, covered all departments of our business (grooming, daycare, boarding and training). The people that designed it were also the sales people, it was evident that they knew what they were doing and could answer any question that we had with confidence.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Pat! Many thanks for this review and your kind remarks. Being owned by the 2 original owners/developers is a key to our success! Even after 14+ years, US based development and support have been a #1 priority. Especially now, during this present pandemic crisis. Our owners have made it a priority to keep our support staff intact so we can make sure we have our packmates backs. It is our pleasure! Please connect with us via a feature request to note the enhancements/features you would appreciate. We do read all requests and when feasable, we incorporate them into our updates! We are glad that PetExec has added value to your business - that is our goal!

Emily from Creature Comforts Pet Resort

Awesome Software

Overall a great product. They [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are in tune with todays' changing times and they provide updates to the software on an as needed basis. Very receptive to the needs of their clients.

Pros

Easily tailored to fit your business. Easy to train new employees. clients can upload their own vaccines.

Cons

Webcam section should be able to handle basic IP Camera, instead of having to purchase 1 brand. Client security on APP. We care about data breaches and would prefer a stronger requirement for passwords on the moblie app or two factor.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your review of our system! We constantly strive to introduce new features, and upgrades to current features to help add value for our amazing packmates. We have partnered, and integrated with iDogCam as we have been able to extensively test their product in our system which takes a lot of time and due diligence. You do have the option to utilize other webcams in your system, however, due to the testing it takes, we cannot guarantee support for outside vendors of webcams. In regards to the client security on the app, we do have Two Factor Authentication, an additional security level that your pet parents can enable. Here is some documentation for you to take a look at. http://docs2.petexec.net/content/37_docs_and_pdfs/Two_Factor_Authentication.pdf Please come into tech support (live chat) if you have any questions regarding this information. We are in tech support live chat M-F 9 am -7 pm EST and also by phone and email.

Anna from Good Dog Day Care

So Happy with Pet Exec software

As noted above, I believe the fee has been more than covered with ease of use equaling loads of time savings. I belong to other dog day care owners groups and every time someone new asks what software do you use I am happy to say "Pet Exec" they understand my business needs and work very hard behind the scenes to continually enhance my experience.

Pros

I've been a client since we opened 8 years ago. The initial support was very good. and I haven't looked back. The best thing about them is a couple of things: I find the facebook group very helpful when I have a question. They are continually upgrading and refining the modules-With updates built into the very reasonable subscription fee. Training new hires on it is a breeze. Now admittedly, I am not a big facility and I am sure I don't use literally half of what is in there, but I know it is a powerful system that saves me loads of time and money. I think it is the time savings that I appreciate the most (with auto confirmations and email blasts being so easy to do). Oh and I just discovered the two way texting feature! This has allowed us to communicate so much faster and adding in an image is easy. My Clients love this! Reporting functions are good and allow me to quickly handle monthly reconciliations and deposits. The color coding feature is really great and I can be confident that my employees can readily see alerts and mange when I am not in the office.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything much. If I do have an enhancement request there is a straightforward way to communicate it to them.

Angela from Smart Dog Dallas

New Upgrade Is Great; Customer Service is Tops

I've been using Pet Exec for several years now and, while some software quirks and inconsistencies are frustrating, overall the software is VERY functional and easy to use. Things are continuously improving and the customer service / technical support team is excellent. I would like to see the functionality for customers making their own reservations improve. Unless I'm behind the times (which is entirely possible), customers can log in and make reservations, but the team at the business doesn't have visibility or "approval" step before the reservation is entered into the system. This may not be an issue for some businesses, but for ours, this step is essential. We offer Chauffeur Service and specific drop-off windows for boarding clients. The reason we haven't switched to allow our customers to make their own reservations is that we might miss some last-minute Chauffeur pickup requests. I have put in a software upgrade request on this matter, so it's possible the team is considering it. Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm happy with PetExec and the automation it has been able to bring to our facility. While other daycare/boarding facilities in the area are still using whiteboards or hand-written kennel cards for feeding and meds, we have beautiful feeding lists to keep us on track. This alone has reduced our food prep time and increased our accuracy. The Boarding Snapshot has also greatly reduced our holiday preparations since we are able to see at a glance who is boarding so we can accommodate their special needs. Thanks, Pet Exec!

Pros

Ease of use, good reporting, fairly clear layout. Love the timeout for security purposes - especially when you have a multi-person front desk. Having a history of what each person did is great for accountability and continuous improvement. LOVE the new dropdowns next to Owner's Name & Pet's Name to go to frequently used functions.

Cons

Inconsistencies like having a certain function on a page (like the owner drop-down menu), but not on the next page (like Owner Credit Cards, for example). Clicking the "back button" not taking you to the previous screen, but way back to the Dashboard so you have to perform a search again, Boarding cards opening in a separate tab (good) but Feeding Reports open in the same tab (bad because you're so used to things opening in a new tab, you often accidentally close out Pet Exec altogether and have to log back in). The issue about owner-initiated reservations that I discussed in my review is preventing me from rolling out this valuable functionality. Inability to delete the default Pet Behavioral Advisories - most of the defaults don't apply to us and the custom ones we've created get lost in a long list of checkmarks.

Norman from Roverchase, LLC

Thoughts from Roverchase, LLC

In general, PetExec has been very reliable. There were two incidents this year that affected our ability to carry on transactions, but it seems as if those outages have been solved. We do quite a bit of training here at Roverchase and the group class portion of the app seems okay, but we do training of daycare dogs and the "Scheduled Services" part of PetExec requires our Front Office to do the coordinating between Daycare Reservations and Scheduled Services calendar appointments. Keeping prepaid daycare days, reservations for daycare attendance, and training appointments coordinated can be a headache if a pet misses a planned day of training. Perhaps I have missed the feature, but it would be nice to have a feature where we could prohibit making online reservations for daycare or for either signing in or picking up boarding dogs on specified days (for instance, dogs can stay over on Christmas, but we would not want them to be able to check in or out on that specific day so that our office staff could have the day off.

Pros

Reliable, fast, features available if needed although they don't have to be used.

Cons

not multi-tasking. would like to have more synchronization with scheduled services and pre-paid daycare packages Rearrange the location of the selection of whether to send an email receipt on the final checkout screen from below the swipe credit card field to just before it for convenience. Rearrange the stack of times on the Grooming Screen from their current orientation. The order should be Pick up time, Scheduled time, and at the bottom Drop off Time. There is no way to turn off the requirement for choosing a drop off time when scheduling Daycare.

Bo from ADW

It should be 5 stars but...

Love and hate. Fire and ice.

Pros

Boarding and daycare management is a breeze with this program. The vaccine displays, the vaccine reminders, the report card function are all amazing and easy to use!!!

Cons

The time clock and scheduling system are cumbersome. There are so many quick easy to use scheduling apps that it is hard to understand why Pet Exec would promote theirs as a feature. They tend to tell you the program can do more than it can realistically. To highlight this, we were told we could run our entire pet business including in home services and retail with this program but anything other than boarding and daycare is difficult and not use friendly as it takes too long. Another issue is Pet Exec is locked into contract with First Data for the financial piece of payments and banking. If you don't or can't use First Data then you cannot take credit cards AT ALL through their system.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Because Pet Exec's sales told assured us their program could replace the current program with ease. That being not true has caused us to use 3 programs instead of one because Pet Exec's support programs for business are time consuming and their tech is unlikely to do more than send screen shots for us to figure it out ourselves.

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

Increase in our boarding business

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Bo, Thank you for your helpful comments. I agree that PetExec is at its core built to manage Boarding and Daycare services. The timeclock is very basic in nature and might not be as feature reach as some of the programs that are build specifically for managing employees. As far as integrated merchant companies, we chose FCMS after much due diligence and trust. We can not support or integrate with the many hundreds of different platforms available so we picked the best one for our customers. Thank you for your review and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We value you very much as a client.

Angela from Green Beagle lodge

Other feature ideas

We run a large scale daycare and boarding facility and it would be much easier if there was a feature like feeding and medical charts so we can easily keep track of who is/isn't eating and dogs that have play injuries, sensitivities, or anything else. When you are trying to keep track of all of it it is harder to go from boarding dog to boarding dog on the dashboard instead of having a printable spreadsheet type deal. For instance, there is a software for zoos that has a function like that so they can pull up track records for those related things for each animal and you can check off who has/hasn't eaten as well as notes on who needs tended to, but it includes the notes on each animal that is having issues in a solid list instead of a medication list. They track on whether they ate or not is the most important, but for right now we have a notebook and whiteboard to track those things (like who has diarrhea, who threw up when and who hasn't eaten) when it would be much more efficient to have it as a function that the front desk staff and everyone would see. It would definitely streamline how my canine kitchen is ran and how much time it takes us in a day. A feature to click from profile to profile (swipe right like tinder haha) so I can easily update details for each dog instead of opening a million tabs and keeping track of where I left off constantly would make life easier for me as well. Thank you!

Pros

The ease in sharing information on each dog, the accessibility, the option for report cards, all the neat features to keep my dogs organized and having saved profiles for each dog to retain detailed information on them.

Cons

Lack of mass organization and accessibility to view all details on each dog at once. I would like to be able to scroll through and read about each dog in house to make it easier to keep track of feeding, issues, playgroups and behavioral notes.

Renee from Highland Pet Resort

Petexec Review

Overall the program is decent. It's not a perfect fit for my business personally, but I didn't expect it to be since everyone does things differently. For us, daycare and boarding are all linked together so I can't really use the daycare functions of the program, I have to pretend that all reservations are boarding in order to make it work. One thing I would add to make our lives easier is a short-cut button or tab on the dashboard that sends you directly to the "boarding by kennel" section. I use the boarding by kennel function all day to double check what rooms/kennels I have available for our dogs/cats before making any reservation, and it's a pain to have to search for the link in the drop down menu every time. The only really bad thing I have to say is that so far every experience I've had with customer service hasn't been very good. I normally use the live chat feature which is convenient, however the answers they give me to solve the problems I'm having never make any sense. It seems like they simply type out some generic response without really investigating the issue I'm having. For example, I recently was trying to locate the "maintain owner advisories" option because it was missing from my drop down menu. After telling me that it was located in two other incorrect places, the tech support person then tells me it's located in the "maintain how heard" section... My common sense told me that it wasn't going to be there before I even tried looking for it, which of course it wasn't. It took a few more tries before they sent me in the right direction. Other than that I've generally had a positive experience using the program on a daily basis. There's only a few small things I would change.

Pros

Being able to easily see what pets are checking in and out and what pets are currently boarding at the facility is the most important part of helping our business run smoothly.

Cons

How daycare reservations are totally separate from the boarding ones. I wish it was blended all into one.. and customer service.

Jenn from Four Leggers Doggie Daycare

PetExec Review

I'm happy with PetExec overall. I do with things were simpler - I find training new team members on it can take months before they fully understand the program.

Pros

I like the ability for clients to make reservations online and to keep notes on training clients, boarding clients grooming, etc.

Cons

There are too many clicks to accomplish each task. I understand why, but for example - booking a dog walk, I have to select the walk I would like to schedule, select the correct time, then select the time "in" and "out" of the service, then change the default 30 minutes to the actual length of the walk being booked, then assign to our walker, and then submit the booking. This is the same with grooming, training, etc. While I like the customizable option of it, I feel this could be simplified.

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Jenn! Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we are constantly striving to update and upgrade the system/features to make the system more efficient for you, our amazing packmates.

Heather from Paws & Claws of Morganton

PetExec is Amazing

Overall PetExec handles all of our day to day operations and we've been very happy with it. We did have to change some business processes because they don't handle stuff the way our previous software did but that's just the way it works.

Pros

Being able to use PetExec from anywhere is my favorite part of this software. No matter where I'm at I can log in and see schedules and client information. And the customer support is outstanding. Knowing that I can click the chat button during work hours and someone is there to answer my question is awesome. PetExec was different from our previous software so there was a learning curve but that is with any software. Knowing that they were there to help us and answer any question was worth the switch. Finally, getting automatic updates online is really nice. No more supporting local hardware or doing updates manually makes my life much simpler.

Cons

PetExec's reporting could be a little more robust but I have found that the information is there, sometimes I have to export it to Excel to get the answers I need. However, with every update they are releasing more reports and updating current reports so they are working on it! The Grooming module needs some additional work as well but like I said, they are always making upgrades.

Response from PetExec

Replied June 2020

Hi Heather! We are so happy to have you in our pack! Thank you for your review! We applaud that you, like many of our very savvy packmates, have kept your business and processes agile in this industry. We will continue to work to provide updates and upgrades which will help you continue this into the future.

Derek from The Refined Pup

Mostly good

The support folks are terrific. The application is good for my business, does a nice job of reporting, scheduling, and POS.

Pros

The scheduling and the POS components are excellent. It makes a good database/Crm tool. It allows for an email blasting tool which makes it easy to communicate with the customer base.

Cons

Things I would love to see: 1. A waiting list for grooming...being able to check a box, that would automatically add to the waiting list would be hugely helpful. 2. % based tip calculator...some customers say 15% rather than a $$$ total. SW is good at math calculations, and most people cannot do basic math anymore. This would facilitate and easy adjustment. 3. To be able to customize the amount of hours per dog. Example, dog A takes 3 hrs, so every time the dog gets booked it automatically registers 3 hrs. 4. To have dog specific custom pricing....instead of client specific, since some clients have more than 1 dog. If you have a Std poodle and a yorkie, you need to have 2 different full groom prices.

Industry specific functiontality.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Derek, These are all great suggestions. We of course always try to accommodate as much as possible without over-complicating the system with too many options. Please make sure and submit feature requests as we do view them when we make feature additions / enhancements. We value your ideas and input!

AJ from Suite Life Pet Resort & Spa

All-in-One Wonder Software

We operate a luxury Daycare, Grooming, Boarding and Dock Diving facility. PetExec has been a life saver, as it incorporates everything from scheduling to customer records to inventory management and order processing! The tech support is fabulous; they have a built in chat support system that is near instant, and their programmer Paul is awesome at adding new features requested by users. Their support guy for First Data is incredible as well. He is expedient and cares about quality customer service just like the rest of the PetExec team. Their rep in tech support is patient and helpful as well. There's so many options in PetExec that it can be overwhelming to new users, which is why I put 4 stars for ease of use. However, the system is very clean looking, has custom color templates to choose from, and is super easy to pick up on. As a programmer and IT admin myself, I can definitely see the thousands of hours of work that have gone into PetExec and I am definitely impressed with the outcome. Their servers are really well maintained and we never experience connection issues or outages. They also have a wonderful Facebook group just for P.E. users that serves as an awesome open forum for people with questions. It is great to be able to network with other people who work in/ run doggie daycare businesses. PetExec is definitely the best product out there for dog businesses hands down; it is the perfect all-in-one wonder software for anyone looking to run a professional dog operation.

Pros

Quality programming, ease of use, visual appeal, customer service

Cons

So many options it is easy to get lost when trying to reach a specific page. This is mainly for users who don't consistently use P.E. on a daily basis.

Heather from CoolWag

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product, wouldn’t be able to run our business without it.

System is simple to use once it is configured. You can implement functions as you choose. It is very customizable but still not too difficult to implement. Customer service is easy to work with and get in touch with over chat or phone or email. Integrated cc processing is a very fair rate and makes the product an excellent customer service tool due to ease of reviewing billing etc. user portal is so easy and gives our customers control of an online sign-up ,their account and online payments which saves on customer service calls. It is always improving.

Pros

Easy to learn/use, highly customizable

Cons

Doesn’t support more than one physical location yet.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Functionality, look and feel, price

Response from PetExec

Replied June 2020

Hi Heather! Thanks so much for your review. We absolutely LOVE our packmates! We continue to develop new features and enhance current ones to make our system even more efficient for you and to keep up with our ever changing industry.

Rosanne from Doggie Daycare...And More

Best Software for Pet Daycare, Boarding, Grooming...business

Extremely satisfied with the product, customer service and entire company.

Pros

Our entire customer business is in this software. No need for other customer products. Easy to use and immediate help from the company when needed.

Cons

To start, you must add your customers into the product, but once you're done with that part, it is more than worth the time spent.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

PetExec seemed more professional at the time we were looking. Liked the feel of PetExec better during the demonstration.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Rosanne, thank you for your review of PetExec! We pride ourselves on providing an honest and tailored presentation to make sure that you are getting a good fit for your operations management needs. It is our pleasure to get to know you and your business!

Jessica from Vera's Posh Paws

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Amazing product!

We use this software at our dog daycare/boarding facility. I love that the system is easy to use and train new employees on. Keeping track of scheduling/hours, being able to view statistics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, etc. Mostly everything is easy to figure out, and if you aren't sure you can always check out the help section which usually has the answer. I have had to contact customer support before in the past and they responded pretty quick and resolved any issue we were having. I also like that the software is always being upgraded and taking customer/client suggestions into consideration only making this program easier to use and understand. The only suggestion I do have would be to have a sync function available monthly. We do have two locations that are connected (sharing the same clients) and we were told we could only sync the systems once (when we first opened the second facility) When new dogs are entered into either system, they will not show up on the other system which does take more time and effort to re-enter all the information. If Pet exec added a syncing option for cases like this, it would be amazing!

Pros

I like the ability to add dogs, change settings, modify carts, etc. It is very easy to use and understand.

Cons

I wish we were able to sync both of our locations so both places have the same clients and information instead of having re-add dogs into the system that were entered at one because they wont show up on the other.

Heather from Kennelz & Bitz

A lot of great features

Overall I am happy with our switch to PetExec. I think the software has great potential and it makes my everyday job easier. I wish there was a bit better support for it as I found the fee for a walk-through to be a bit high and my experiences with customer service were a bit lacking - handed an article rather than being walked through a solution, being told things would transfer from the previous owner that were not. However, I am sure this is unique to our circumstance and I wouldn't let it hold someone else back from deciding to go with PetExec. I recommend PetExec because it is very interactive with our customer base. Customer's can have their own accounts where they have a bit more control over their appointments. In addition, reporting is awesome! I can run tax reports, sales reports, boarding counts, etc that make monitoring my business's progress a breeze.

Pros

Email blasts Notifications and reminders Interactive with customers Reporting features

Cons

A bit complicated Compatibility with other services Customer service

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

PetExec was a bit more advanced and I see promise in where the software is going.

Adam from We Talk Dog

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

When I was looking for software, PetExec was the only cloud based one I found, best decision ever!

I was able to give an honest review of the software product that we use on a daily basis to run our business!

Pros

We have been in business 7 years and I really wanted a cloud based system so we could log in from home. I had no idea how useful it idea would be... We all use our phones, tablets, etc... Most of our services are scheduled so the team can look at it the night before on their phone to see what the day is going to look like, or even schedule a service in the middle of the night from a client that might have had an emergency and texted a Manager... It's absolutely the best software for what we do and the updates always contain stuff the Pack has requested! Excellent Customer Service, the best possible!!! I say that because we pride ourself on "high touch" service and PetExec has exceeded our expectations!

Cons

Well I had to think about this question for a while, we love everything about Petexec.... I guess if their was a Con it would be that even though its very customized to our site...it wasn't customized around every single need of our clients. :)

Barbara from Little White Dog Doggie Daycare

Great software and great company

I've been using PetExec since we opened 8 years ago and have loved it ever since

Pros

The interface is easy to use, there is a ton of documentation and their tech help is PHENOMENAL!!!

Cons

Biggest issue is the use of emails in user names. They seem to be connected across the platform. So if a client used a daycare used petexec, i cannot use their email as their username, because the other company ALSO used it as the username. this is def my number 1 complaint Some reports could be better, drilling down more, more ways to sort data...

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Better user interface and tech support

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Barbara! Thank you very much for this amazing review! We love our tech support team and know that they strive to make your experience a great one. We are so happy to call you a valued packmate!

Tina from Das Hund Haus LLC

In Pet Exec We Trust

Pet Exec has been the best thing that has happened to me and my business. They provide the best customer support. Anytime that I need assistance they are there to help. You get to have all of your information on one online software program. There is no need to purchase several programs. It's all there. Before I had Pet Exec I had a different online program and I had nothing but problems. The program would go down at least 3 times a day. There were days that the site would be down for the entire day. That would happen quiet frequently. That is when I decided that I couldn't run my business with them. I then decided to search for a much more dependable program. I then found Pet Exec. There has not been a day since I have been with Pet Exec that I have had any problems getting on. Not only that but I can get on to my site from anywhere. Pet Exec is very easy to use. When they do their upgrades Pet Exec gives us plenty notice to update and train us. Pet Exec is very reasonably priced for the product that we get. If and when i call them they have been very nice. Honestly I have no complaints!!

Pros

I think that it is pretty easy and if there is something that I absolutely can not figure out Pet Exec is there to help

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to add a breed so if you are in the middle of registering a dog that you don't have to go out and lose everything that you just submitted. Or have more breeds with photo's typed in the system initially.

Linda from Happy Pets Palace & Playground

Training a new tech-savvy person takes less than 5-minutes

Love that PetExec is online so I can see results on my phone wherever I am. Love the quick counts and projected revenue for upcoming reservations. The fact that all my new employees learn on their own is so convenient for us.

Pros

PetExec is such an easy system to use. It's nice that there are 2-3 ways to reach the same result which makes it very user-friendly because however you navigate through the screens, you get to where you want to go. When I train new people I show them a couple of buttons and then give them new client info and they can set up without me looking over their shoulder. I tell the staff, "it's an app." You don't need instructions on using an app. It's simple. And if they were to have questions they can either ask the online help, which is AWESOME, or they can look through documents in the software.

Cons

There is not ever a time where I said, "I wish PetExec did THIS." I know there are more features than I even use or need. And if I thought of one I would like, it is probably already included.

Jerry from Paw Palace

2 Years of Use

We have had PetExec since before the upgrade. The upgrade is way more simple, plain, and convenient! Of course there are minor alterations we would prefer for our specific company ways, but overall PetExec lets you customize the way you want it to run. The hardest setup was to price grooming by breed. It took FOREVER but having PetExec allowed us to create our own entire way of pricing:)

Pros

I like how many options there are in Company Preferences to alter the way our Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, and Training services are organized. Also, I love how customers can create their own account online and alter it themselves when needed.

Cons

I don't like how you can't sign only one dog out from the same owner. On check out, it checks out every dog from that owner know matter what, making it complicated to alter in the dogs that are not leaving. Also, the grooming calendar could be a bit simpler, meaning show what day of the week it is on the one day option.

Natasha from Dan Perata Training Inc.

Overall an incredibly comprehensive piece of software

Manages the day to day needs for boarding, training and daycare for our 1500 plus and growing client base effectively once you know the software.

Pros

Petexec works really hard to cover all the bases when it come to pet care software. So many features exist, that if you haven't found what you need, you aren't looking hard enough. Being able to set access levels for staff, customizing the client access, and being able to track virtually anything is incredibly valuable. Also customer support is amazing. In 5 years, we haven't really had a single issue that we couldn't resolve in one call. I always get the sense that the PetExec team really cares about clients, and works incredibly hard to keep adding features that help to run a busy pet business. It's also incredibly affordable for what you get.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Lots of ways to do the same thing, but the work flow isn't intuitive. I'd really like to see a few different types of reports, or at least easier ways to create the reports we need.

Jolie from Citizen Canine

The more they update the better it gets!

Pros

Overall I'm satisfied. They add new features periodically to expand the usefulness. There are a few quirks that we experience, but the customer service team is AMAZING and wonderful to work with.

Cons

Credit card options. You are only able to use their merchant services. Although I think they are great, I have been recently approached by other companies with lower rates/fees.

Customer service.

Not web based.

Response from PetExec

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review Jolie! We are so happy that you are part of our pack!

Kelsey from Bliss Pet Resort and Spa

Great system, but it needs some changes

There is a tab to sign-in and out scheduled services for pets. There are 3-4 clicks involved to sign in just one pet for a service. This is really tedious and time consuming. It needs to be 1 easy click, and I also suggest that there be a "sign-in all" button added to the pet exec system. Over thanksgiving and christmas we had over 50 scheduled services to sign in, and with the current set up, only able to do so one at a time, with 4 clicks involved. It took over an hour just to do this task. Very huge time waster for staff on such busy days. Another thing that happens very frequently: once you check out a cart for either a groom or a boarding but the owner wants to make changes or staff needs to go back and make changes...the cart disappears and is very hard to get back to once its been checked out but pending payment. Can we get a more user-friendly way to access a cart that needs to be modified that has already been checked out by mistake and pending payment? A button that sends it back to the sign-in page or something? Thank you.

Pros

I like the amount of information we can store about pets in their profiles/scorecards.

Cons

Some features are not very user friendly

Jack from Happy Hound Dog Resorts

Best Pet Management Software on the market

Best Pet Management Software offered.

Pros

I love that this software is soooooooooo easy to use. There is a short learning curve as with all new software, but this one is simple to use and gives you many ways to do the same thing. You can submit change requests very easily. The staff listen to you as well.

Cons

Still waiting on a few change requests, but there are always priorities over mine.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Was easiest to use at the time.

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Jack! Thanks so much for your review! We are thrilled that you are a packmate and that you love the ease of use of the system. We constantly strive to make the system more user friendly and we do listen to your feedback! Thank you!

Marc from The Pawington

Pet Exec = 2 thumbs up from The Pawington

I have been using Pet Exec for over 2 years. I believe it continues to change to be more user-friendly and offer features that help us utilize Pet Exec and operate more efficiently. Whenever we do have a problem, which is rare, it is very easy to get help and often times customer service will respond within minutes. There have been numerous times where customer service as helped us solve a situation where there seems to be open availability when you look at Boarding By Kennel, but when you try to book it the system says there is no availability. They are able to look at all boardings and figure out that a boarding might have multiple rooms selected which causes the air. We would have never been able to figure this out, so thanks again for everything.

Pros

User-Friendly and great customer service

Cons

Check out time has to be listed at 11 am for every boarding in order for the system to charge correctly. It would be fantastic if each individual boarding could show the real check out time. The new feature that refers to Clients pick up time has been somewhat helpful.

Kristyn from LexPets

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Value, Best Customer Service

PetExec is the best software I have found for this industry. It has a great price and can easily be manipulated for most day-to-day tasks.

Pros

Customer Service is first rate Functionality across all tiers of business Easy to use for day-to-day business Nice visual design

Cons

At times, can be cumbersome. May have to click through multiple screens for a task

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Price, Ease of use, customer service

Like PetExec better, more intuitive

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Kristyn! We are so happy that you are part of our pack/family! Thank you for this great review. =)

Ken from The Dog Den, LLC

Industry: Military

Love this Software

We have been using Pet Exec for 2.5 years now. There is a learning curve when you get started but once you know the system it is great. The customer service is the best I have ever seen or dealt with. They are courteous and most of all AVAILABLE. The program has evolved with all the improvements and features that they have added.

Pros

My clients having the ability to make reservations and just recently able to purchase packages online.

Cons

There are some confusing aspects about refunds I am still not understanding. Also, different ways to get to the same end result but causing a user error. For example checking in a dog for daycare using the quick sign in button but forgetting to make payment. The only way you can take payment now is thru the pre-payment function under the owner or you risk checking the dog out.

Response from PetExec

Replied November 2017

Thank you Ken! We appreciate your review and advice. We hear you! We are formulating ways to make the checkout process less complicated in our future release. We have other great things in store. We love having you in our pack!

Summer from Woodland West Pet Resort

Services

Overall I give a 7 out of 10. Each time we ask something we get told no we can't do that or it doesn't work that way. Should be more user friendly meaning adaptable to how the business works not adapt the business to pet exec

Pros

The daycare features and ease of texting clients

Cons

The boarding is EXTREMELY overwhelming and to many pages to be able to just check someone in, no ease in adding new clients, can not look at availability easily ( like an open calender) , unable to change functionality to meet your buisiness ( how you charge especially) , the boarding portion is what is turning us away from the system

Not sure at this point.

Reasons for Switching to PetExec

Hoping for a system that was more based for boarding.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Summer, Thank you for letting us know your impressions of our boarding module. As we discussed in depth, your situation with the enormous size of over 400+ inhouse clients is quite a load for any cloud based system to handle. We knew going in that the complexity with that many clients might be an issue, but we wanted to at least allow you to give it a try. In any case, we will do what it takes to help you and are sorry that you feel the system is not working for you. Please reach out to me and I will do all I can to help.

Brittany from Saragold Kennels, LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Great way to keep track of your clients, reports and information all in one place.

Love the ability to keep all the information stored in one place. Love the online access as I can generate reports and check client info from my computer, phone or even a tablet. Once the clients are in the system re-booking them is a breeze.

Pros

The on boarding team was amazing walking you through the free trial and even did a personalized demo. The Paws on Board team designed and set up all the functions I needed as we got the business up and going. They made sure everything was working and that staff knew how to add clients to the portal and generate reports.

Cons

Once the initial set-up was complete and we were using the product it seems impossible to get a response back from customer service. There are some things that need changed with the way the business needs are changing and I can't get a response back from the team that help me set up the software in the first place.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

Ultimately the help with on boarding and a lower monthly rate. Had the features I was looking for and the ability to "hide" features I wasn't going to be using to unclutter the dashboard

Sharon from Flying Fur

use in daycare and boarding facility

Pros

it's easy to check in dogs and run reports

Cons

hitting the shopping cart checks the dog out and you can't go back

price and ease of use

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Sharon! Thanks so much for you review. You have a preference enabled which bypasses the pre-confirmation checkout screen where you could check your orders (and go back) without going directly to the checkout screen. Please come on into tech support and one of our amazing team can help troubleshoot this for you!

Dog Training Company using for our niche programs, so can cause some challenges.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive, easy for staff to learn, support is good, has lots of features and things that have been helpful for reporting, works well enough for our dog training classes and programs, easy to access client/dog info, works consistently. Facebook Group is pretty awesome, I should utilize it more. Love the weekly updates/intro's to PetExec functionalities.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to upload actual pictures of vaccines, it would be great for each list/report to have the ability to sort by the categories at the top - not all of them do. There have been so many upgrades that I probably need to explore PetExec a bit more to take advantage of all it has to offer - what would be great is perhaps a webinar that we can sign up for that may not so costly since it could be delivered to a group when new versions come out - or maybe there is one and I missed it.

Jessica from Muddy Paws

Industry: Veterinary

Could not be any happier with PetExec!!

We have been using PetExec since I opened my door almost 8 years ago. We have since added a second location. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for this type of system for their business.

Pros

PetExec meets all of the needs that I have to run my business. It is easy to use and there are many areas that I could expand on if I choose to.

Cons

There really isn't much that I dislike about using PetExec. Maybe some of the set up processes aren't the easiest to navigate but there is always someone to help if needed.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Jessica! Thank you! We are honored that you are part of our pack/family at PetExec. =)

Charlsye from Metro Animals

Feature Rich, Big Learning Curve, Still needs work

We have had a great overall experience, which makes the minor issues so glaring. We are able to keep track of all aspects of our business aside from employee scheduling.

Pros

All the customizable features and the app for customers.

Cons

It is difficult/lengthy to set up, not super user-friendly, check out page is very confusing for new employees.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

More features, better price, better reviews!

Amy from K9 Development

Good Product

Great Product, Great Price. Could be more user friendly, can take some time to learn the system. But customer service is great at helping when it is needed.

Pros

The variety of options, and level of detail information that can be collected.

Cons

The inability to simplify it to fit a basic business that does not need the detail offered.

Sasha from Park your pawz

Industry: Writing and Editing

Owner

Pros

It would be nice to have a back option so you can click it and go back to the previous page.

Cons

I wish you could print a pdf of grooming customers the night before. We have to click on each one and go back in each time to print it every night so the groomer has them ready when she arrives.

Response from PetExec

Replied May 2020

Hi Sasha! Thanks for sending in this review. We are so happy to have you in our pack! I am not sure which browser you use but you can use the back button in the browser to go back to the previous page. For the next days grooming schedule, have you tried to print off the grooming schedule? You can access this by going to the "grooming options" in the grooming dashboard. Here you can select the gooming schedule for a future date and also narrow it by groomer. I hope that this helps! Please visit us in Tech Support (live chat) M-F from 9am-7pm EST anytime you have technical questions like this. We are happy to help you!

Kyle from 9th Street Barking Lot

One Stop Shop

Overall, it has been great. Customer service is great, and we have used the product since out opening. Just some little things that could be changed to make functionality easier.

Pros

Customizing it for your business, is very easy and practical. I really enjoy it being everything we need. It is a point of sale system, time clock for my employees. It has multiple uses.

Cons

So of the functions within the platform are redundant and not practical. Like when hitting the back button, it does not always take you back to the screen you were on. We have other services that we offer, that I would like our clients to be able to schedule, but we are unable to get that specific.

Reasons for Choosing PetExec

I had a good experience from the outset with the sales team, and I love how it encompasses everything on one platform.

Response from PetExec

Replied April 2021

Hi Kyle! We thank you so much for this review. We are thrilled that you are utilizing so many aspects of the system and that you are having a great experience. We do appreciate all feedback and we do take this into account when choosing updates and enhancements for future releases!

Linda from Happy Pets Palace & Playground

PetExec software helps us do things not possible with our previous software

Our growth has been possible because PetExec software helps us be thorough, quickly check in/out dogs, research and reward our top vet referrals or vets who need more nurturing. We can see revenue in blocks of time we specify, daily, weekly, monthly, ytd, or any combination of dates. Love that! The software is EASY to use so much that we don't even need to train our new front desk workers if they have moderate computer/smart phone skills. As a business owner I love that it ALWAYS WORKS! Thank you Pet Exec for staying on top of improvements, enhancements, and working behind the scenes to make our lives and our businesses better. You care and it shows.

Pros

Ease of use; smart phone accessible; easy to customize

Response from PetExec

Replied December 2016

Linda, It is our pleasure serving wonderful professionals like you. I had a chance to view your immaculate pet center and was wowed from the first second entering your doors. Those pets truly do enter a Palace at Happy Pets Palace & Playground. We look forward to working with you for many more years.

David from Good Dog Day Care

Industry: Veterinary

Looks Pretty but waste a lot of space

Scroll down, down, there, now push button, scroll, scroll, click. Really? Consolidate to one screen. Maybe use more columns. I'm not sure which way this doesn't work but, Modify boarding doesn't update Pet Profile or the other way around, ie feeding instructions. Scheduling calendar should be that start date month affects end date selection. If I put in May 1 for start date when I go to End date, the initial calendar should show May not the month I'm currently in. Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I need to see who came in on a specific day. If I do quick sign in it doesn't show on calendar that the dog was here on that day. Scorecard option should be available on Boarding Pets screen. However...YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! Quick customer response. Always looking for improvement. Intuitive interface More functions than I need but when I need something its there. Fair price. Targeted to my industry and needs instead of trying to adapt something for my use.

Pros

Quick and EAsy

Cons

Wasted space