• icon"User friendly interface, fantastic customer service (quick, friendly, helpful)."
  • icon"It is easy to use and we find it intuitive. We love the fact that we can be paperless, as well as the credit card integration."
  • icon"The online chat function is wonderful and its fairly customizable and ease of use is medicore once you learn how to use the software."
  • icon"So if a client used a daycare used petexec, i cannot use their email as their username, because the other company ALSO used it as the username. This is def my number 1 complaint."
  • icon"The unic problem that Theo have is a Wasted space."
  • icon"Sometimes, the answers aren't particularly intuitive. I find refunds, for example, to be exceptionally difficult to process correctly."

Browse all PetExec Reviews

• Have you used PetExec and would like to share your experience with others?

Cynthia

Great when it works 100% of the time, costly when it doesn't

Amber

Great way to keep track of daily grooming activities

Helps us run a smooth grooming salon by keeping all of our info organized and in one place that's easy to access.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You set your own prices for breeds but can still vary them if needed according to each individual dog. Can easily track my commission to see what I am making everyday too.

Cons

Could have more features to make everyday groomer life easier, like text confirmations and pickup reminders.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Just to try something new

Response from PetExec

Hi Amber, Thank you very much for your feedback on the PetExec system. We strive to make the system flexible and efficient so that you can do what you love to do! Work with your pet guests. =) We do offer an additional add on to your system called PetSnaps Messaging which is a more robust texting plan. With this plan, you can have 2 way texting with your pet parents, images can be texted, and you can send out text reminders. Please check out the details on this link (https://www.petexec.net/purchase-petexec/image-sms-texting) and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us in live chat (the awake puppy icon on your dashboard).

Sherry

Great Functionality and superior customer service

Overall experience with Pet Exec is great. They offer superior customer service and are always accessible for questions and trouble shooting. They listen to their customers about what we would like to have available in the software and work hard to provide our requests. It has been a joy to work with Pet Exec.

Pros

The SW allows us to be very versatile in accommodating our difference services and organizing them in a way that makes it easier for us.

Cons

Petexec does not work seamlessly with Quick Books. We had to develope work arounds to get the information we needed to accurately report our accounting.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

The versatility of the product, the interaction I had with the company while I was searching for a new company. Their demo version, which gave me the opportunity to play with the program and ask questions which allowed me to verify I could use this SW with my business.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Promises that were never kept, increase in fees without increase in product options, customer service was deteriorating quickly, they kept stating they were going to launch their cloud based system and never did (before I left) the software became unreliable

Response from PetExec

Hi Sherry! Thanks so much for the PetExec review! We have the best customer support team in the industry and will continue to strive to wow our packmates! We love that you are one of our pack/family!

Cynthia

Great when it works 100% of the time, costly when it doesn't

All the functions a doggy daycare, grooming, boarding, training and walking in one place was nice but limited due to the software dropping it (and there being no record of it) thereby making us look like it was never input when we would chat with the company about how to problem solve it.

Pros

Overall, Petexec is one of the better softwares in the pet industry in terms of being customizable and they are continuously doing updates to stay relevant to the ever evolving services added for pet professionals. The online chat function is wonderful and its fairly customizable and ease of use is medicore once you learn how to use the software.

Cons

My main complaint is that it was not reliable 100% of the time. When you have a software that repeatedly drops appointments and the staff is relying on the schedule to know where to go and when, the clients don't care that the software messed up, they just fire you because they think you don't care. Since Petexec dropped so many appointments we ended up using emails and hand-writing all inbound correspondance and then backing it up with an email which basically caused triple the work but it was a necessity to do what this software couldn't do reliably 100% of the time. They are very nice at petexec, but the faulty dropping of appointments over time was extremely costly for my company.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

The main staff member who set it up had experience using it.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

We wanted to use a CRM that was built like a CRM.

Response from PetExec

Hi Cynthia, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I did take a look at your past technical support conversations. The logging and tracking is PetExec is meant to address knowing who completed a task and can pinpoint these issues. The dropping of appointments should not be happening. It might be a task that is not followed through or completed correctly. I do want you to be happy so if you ever need help, please come to technical support and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

Derek

September 2022

Wishing for a few things

It's been a good 4+ years. I use it every day.

Pros

The data flows well...the scheduling, POS, and commission modules work well.

Cons

A digital waiting list for grooming(been asking for 4 years, it exists for boarding) A % calculator for tips...so 20% is different than 20$. How hard could it be? Custom pricing PER DOG, not per client. Many clients have multiple dogs

Reasons for choosing PetExec

I liked the way the application flowed, and is comprehensive for my industry.

Response from PetExec

Hi Derek! We are so glad to have you in our pack. We do appreciate your feedback and as always, we invite feature requests which are always considered for future updates when feasable!

Replied September 2022

Donna

My experience with Pet Exec

The ability to print reports with just about anything you can think of, easy to navigate around and the sms feature.

Pros

This software does a lot of things that we used to have to do physically, so it saves us a lot of time and we can keep in touch with our clients easily. It is also easy to read and teach to other employees.

Cons

I would like to see a way to see the purchase histories easier when making a reservation...the somewhat new feature shows the last time anything was purchased, which is misleading because the last time a client purchased might be just a deposit for a boarding.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Pet Exec is easier to navigate

Reasons for switching to PetExec

We needed something to do more than the old software could do.

Response from PetExec

Donna, thank you for your review of PetExec. We are so happy that you like the reports and communication options! We continually strive to provide reporting and features which help your business efficiencies! Thanks so much for being part of our pack/family!

Replied June 2020

Cori

Great Product and Exceptional Customer Service

Overall, this is an outstanding product and I am more than happy with it. The people I've worked with from the company are all very kind and I honestly don't even use all the features available. I will be contacting Petexec to help me start utilizing some of the other features now that I know this is the product I'm sticking with. They are always updating and adding new features and always listen to their packs ideas and feedback. Love them!

Pros

I love the fact that I am able to use this product from anywhere i am with anything. I've used it from my phone while chatting with a client and while on vacation. I can access it anywhere i am and make changes or look up any information that I need. The old software was hard to fix mistakes and customer service was the worst. This software is easy to fix and if i have trouble I can easily contact customer service using one of several methods. They are quick to help and very kind. They don't outsource their customer service to other countries!

Cons

We are mainly grooming and the commissions for my groomers is sometimes off because it won't show for the day the pet was groomed. It shows the commission on the day the owner paid. If a boarding dog leaves on Monday but was groomed on Saturday then it won't show on Saturday's commission. This is annoying but I always double check and do things old school with a paper book as well so I still manage to get the payroll correct. It would be nice if tips could be split between groomers as well. But I work around that, too.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

I liked what I read about them and felt this product would suit me best.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

My computer crashed. It wasn't backed up and I wasn't going to try to put it all back on with k9 Bytes. I can't understand their service reps and it takes them hours and even days just to fix one thing because they don't know how and end up messing everything up even more.

Response from PetExec

Thank you Cori! We absolutely love working with you. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our system to accommodate the varying needs. We do review the features requests and that helps us decide the priorities for our packmates. Thank you for being such a wonderful member of our pack!

Meredith

Best Cloud Based Kennel Software Around!

PetExec makes maintaining your client, pet and financial records simple. It allows our business to run smoothly and efficiently, it's also easy for our clients to use saving our staff time. The available reports make it easy to analyze your income, services and occupancy providing crucial information to understand what is working and not working in your business.

Pros

What I love the most about PetExec is that it has been around for almost 20 years, the developers work in our industry and truly understand the needs of kennel and daycare businesses. Their dedication to our industry and to their clients is their top priority. They are constantly making improvements and take client feedback seriously, they also integrate with a phenomenal credit card processor who truly cares about your bottom line not theirs.

Cons

So far I do not have any complaints, everything is to my satisfaction.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

PetExec's long business history, dedicated owners and credit card processor are why we chose them. We believe they are a company that will maintain its integrity.

Response from PetExec

Thank You Meredith! It is our pleasure to serve your amazing business

Replied November 2019

Marc

So Many Features!

Overall experience is very good. The software helps us manage so many different moving pieces of the business, I don't know what we would do without it.

Pros

Love the fact that Pet Exec has features for nearly every piece of our business. Daycare, Grooming, Retail & Inventory Management, Time-keeping & Payroll, Client Management & Communication, it's all there. After almost 4 years of daily use, I'm still discovering new and useful features. Customer support is great and the Pet Exec team is constantly working on improvements to better serve our changing business. Intuitive and easy to learn, I HIGHLY recommend this software!

Cons

would like to be able to separate out types of clients for targeted emails better and would like software better integrated with our Clover POS - esp in terms of emailing receipts.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made me feel very comfortable with this software, the company and their mission. Also liked the fact I could "try before you buy" to get a feel for the way things wrok.

Response from PetExec

Hi Marc! Thanks so much for giving us this review. Our aim is to make our packmates like you extremely happy! It is also a huge goal of ours to make sure that our prospective packmates discern, with the correct information, that we are a good fit for their facilities. We appreciate all of your feedback. -)

Nicole

Industry: Veterinary

Dog Boarding Only

I feel like it does everything I need from Boarding to Daycare to products. It does make life easier.

Pros

This software has made my life easy. I like the automated reminders to clients about boarding and I love the ease of booking and changing reservations as needed. It takes the stress out of what we do.

Cons

Because I'm only boarding and sometimes daycare, there is a lot that this software does that I don't do. I wish that when signing up, getting help to set it up would have been a free service. When you're starting a business there are a thousand things you must pay for and it's overwhelming. So I feel like what I'm using could be streamlined better, but I'm not a Pet Exec genius to be able to set it up myself. I just did the best I could. Or after 3 years or more of using the product that we would earn free help to really set it up right.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

It's been awhile now, but I think i just liked the calendar view and the ease of using it. I honestly can't remember what the other's looked like now.

Christina

Industry: Veterinary

Not as promised

It works but is not great.

Pros

Once set up it is easy to schedule a client for grooming, boarding or daycare, if the client sets it up all the way, not everyone sees the "Add a Pet" button. Clints do like having an app

Cons

I am very disappointed in the scheduled services. When I first talked to someone from PetExec I asked if this program would support in the client's home visits (pet sitting) I was told yes, that would be under Scheduled Services. Then...we I purchased the program and was going through the tutorial I was told I would probably be better off sticking with Time to Pet for pet sitting. Well that really isn't an option, cant bill a client through 2 different systems if they board their dog here and then we visit their cat at home. Very upset that I was total it would work. It is very difficult to schedule multiple in home sits, so much so that I am discontinuing offering in the client's home pet sitting and going to lose $2-3,000 a month now. Reports also are sometimes not accurate.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Opened a brick and mortar dog daycare, boarding and grooming facility

Response from PetExec

Hi Christina, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. As we discussed, your situation is a bit tricky as PetExec is designed for Daycare, Boarding, Grooming, Training and other scheduled services. Time to Pet is an excellent program for pet sitting and dog walking. So while you can use the Scheduled services module for your pet sitting and dog walking, it is less specific to those areas and is a general scheduling area. I would love to have an easy solution for you of course, but it might be necessary, in your case, to utilize more than one system due to the sheer number of services you offer. I'm happy to discuss and help in any way I can. ~Paula

Beverley

Couldn't Imagine my Business Without PetExec

I've tried other software trials and worked from good old fashion pen and paper and honestly could not imagine changing to another software. Everything from the customer support to the functionality is simple and hassle free. I love it!

Pros

PetExec makes the day to day running of my dog daycare and training business a breeze. The reports, customization, tracking of receivables, email capabilities and so much more allow me to effectively and efficiently run my business.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can say about this software. Every time I think they don't have something I need, they update the software to make it even better.

Functionality, cost and support

Functionality and cost.

Response from PetExec

Thank you so much Beverley! We are thankful to have you in our pack/family!

Emily

Awesome Software

Overall a great product. They [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are in tune with todays' changing times and they provide updates to the software on an as needed basis. Very receptive to the needs of their clients.

Pros

Easily tailored to fit your business. Easy to train new employees. clients can upload their own vaccines.

Cons

Webcam section should be able to handle basic IP Camera, instead of having to purchase 1 brand. Client security on APP. We care about data breaches and would prefer a stronger requirement for passwords on the moblie app or two factor.

Response from PetExec

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your review of our system! We constantly strive to introduce new features, and upgrades to current features to help add value for our amazing packmates. We have partnered, and integrated with iDogCam as we have been able to extensively test their product in our system which takes a lot of time and due diligence. You do have the option to utilize other webcams in your system, however, due to the testing it takes, we cannot guarantee support for outside vendors of webcams. In regards to the client security on the app, we do have Two Factor Authentication, an additional security level that your pet parents can enable. Here is some documentation for you to take a look at. http://docs2.petexec.net/content/37_docs_and_pdfs/Two_Factor_Authentication.pdf Please come into tech support (live chat) if you have any questions regarding this information. We are in tech support live chat M-F 9 am -7 pm EST and also by phone and email.

Anna

So Happy with Pet Exec software

As noted above, I believe the fee has been more than covered with ease of use equaling loads of time savings. I belong to other dog day care owners groups and every time someone new asks what software do you use I am happy to say "Pet Exec" they understand my business needs and work very hard behind the scenes to continually enhance my experience.

Pros

I've been a client since we opened 8 years ago. The initial support was very good. and I haven't looked back. The best thing about them is a couple of things: I find the facebook group very helpful when I have a question. They are continually upgrading and refining the modules-With updates built into the very reasonable subscription fee. Training new hires on it is a breeze. Now admittedly, I am not a big facility and I am sure I don't use literally half of what is in there, but I know it is a powerful system that saves me loads of time and money. I think it is the time savings that I appreciate the most (with auto confirmations and email blasts being so easy to do). Oh and I just discovered the two way texting feature! This has allowed us to communicate so much faster and adding in an image is easy. My Clients love this! Reporting functions are good and allow me to quickly handle monthly reconciliations and deposits. The color coding feature is really great and I can be confident that my employees can readily see alerts and mange when I am not in the office.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything much. If I do have an enhancement request there is a straightforward way to communicate it to them.

Angela

New Upgrade Is Great; Customer Service is Tops

I've been using Pet Exec for several years now and, while some software quirks and inconsistencies are frustrating, overall the software is VERY functional and easy to use. Things are continuously improving and the customer service / technical support team is excellent. I would like to see the functionality for customers making their own reservations improve. Unless I'm behind the times (which is entirely possible), customers can log in and make reservations, but the team at the business doesn't have visibility or "approval" step before the reservation is entered into the system. This may not be an issue for some businesses, but for ours, this step is essential. We offer Chauffeur Service and specific drop-off windows for boarding clients. The reason we haven't switched to allow our customers to make their own reservations is that we might miss some last-minute Chauffeur pickup requests. I have put in a software upgrade request on this matter, so it's possible the team is considering it. Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm happy with PetExec and the automation it has been able to bring to our facility. While other daycare/boarding facilities in the area are still using whiteboards or hand-written kennel cards for feeding and meds, we have beautiful feeding lists to keep us on track. This alone has reduced our food prep time and increased our accuracy. The Boarding Snapshot has also greatly reduced our holiday preparations since we are able to see at a glance who is boarding so we can accommodate their special needs. Thanks, Pet Exec!

Pros

Ease of use, good reporting, fairly clear layout. Love the timeout for security purposes - especially when you have a multi-person front desk. Having a history of what each person did is great for accountability and continuous improvement. LOVE the new dropdowns next to Owner's Name & Pet's Name to go to frequently used functions.

Cons

Inconsistencies like having a certain function on a page (like the owner drop-down menu), but not on the next page (like Owner Credit Cards, for example). Clicking the "back button" not taking you to the previous screen, but way back to the Dashboard so you have to perform a search again, Boarding cards opening in a separate tab (good) but Feeding Reports open in the same tab (bad because you're so used to things opening in a new tab, you often accidentally close out Pet Exec altogether and have to log back in). The issue about owner-initiated reservations that I discussed in my review is preventing me from rolling out this valuable functionality. Inability to delete the default Pet Behavioral Advisories - most of the defaults don't apply to us and the custom ones we've created get lost in a long list of checkmarks.

Norman

Thoughts from Roverchase, LLC

In general, PetExec has been very reliable. There were two incidents this year that affected our ability to carry on transactions, but it seems as if those outages have been solved. We do quite a bit of training here at Roverchase and the group class portion of the app seems okay, but we do training of daycare dogs and the "Scheduled Services" part of PetExec requires our Front Office to do the coordinating between Daycare Reservations and Scheduled Services calendar appointments. Keeping prepaid daycare days, reservations for daycare attendance, and training appointments coordinated can be a headache if a pet misses a planned day of training. Perhaps I have missed the feature, but it would be nice to have a feature where we could prohibit making online reservations for daycare or for either signing in or picking up boarding dogs on specified days (for instance, dogs can stay over on Christmas, but we would not want them to be able to check in or out on that specific day so that our office staff could have the day off.

Pros

Reliable, fast, features available if needed although they don't have to be used.

Cons

not multi-tasking. would like to have more synchronization with scheduled services and pre-paid daycare packages Rearrange the location of the selection of whether to send an email receipt on the final checkout screen from below the swipe credit card field to just before it for convenience. Rearrange the stack of times on the Grooming Screen from their current orientation. The order should be Pick up time, Scheduled time, and at the bottom Drop off Time. There is no way to turn off the requirement for choosing a drop off time when scheduling Daycare.

Bo

It should be 5 stars but...

Love and hate. Fire and ice.

Pros

Boarding and daycare management is a breeze with this program. The vaccine displays, the vaccine reminders, the report card function are all amazing and easy to use!!!

Cons

The time clock and scheduling system are cumbersome. There are so many quick easy to use scheduling apps that it is hard to understand why Pet Exec would promote theirs as a feature. They tend to tell you the program can do more than it can realistically. To highlight this, we were told we could run our entire pet business including in home services and retail with this program but anything other than boarding and daycare is difficult and not use friendly as it takes too long. Another issue is Pet Exec is locked into contract with First Data for the financial piece of payments and banking. If you don't or can't use First Data then you cannot take credit cards AT ALL through their system.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Because Pet Exec's sales told assured us their program could replace the current program with ease. That being not true has caused us to use 3 programs instead of one because Pet Exec's support programs for business are time consuming and their tech is unlikely to do more than send screen shots for us to figure it out ourselves.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Increase in our boarding business

Response from PetExec

Hi Bo, Thank you for your helpful comments. I agree that PetExec is at its core built to manage Boarding and Daycare services. The timeclock is very basic in nature and might not be as feature reach as some of the programs that are build specifically for managing employees. As far as integrated merchant companies, we chose FCMS after much due diligence and trust. We can not support or integrate with the many hundreds of different platforms available so we picked the best one for our customers. Thank you for your review and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We value you very much as a client.

Tom